Check out our RAIDERS LATEST NEWS section for latest news, videos, interviews, etc

• Welcome to Raider Nation Podcast Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Report Technical problems with the forum or websites here...

Started by Randy, November 11, 2008, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essex Raider

Glad to see you back, hope you all had a good holiday season.

Randy

The forum went down because we exceeded the maximum file size of the database. With the help of our web host's tech support, I created a new larger database and transferred all of the forum files into it.

The forum had been getting sluggish for a while, and had been reporting error messages intermittently. Now I know why. Like when you fill the hard drive on your computer completely. Things are working a lot better now. Much quicker response.

If you notice an lingering problems with the forum, please let me know. Either on a forum message or at:

randy@raidernationpodcast.com

RaiderNik

Thanks Randy, i thought it was just me that was experiencing the slow loading of this particular thread.

Randy

I don't know if it was because of too many posts in that thread that contained video links or what, but it was loading really slow for several weeks. I finally ran a test today, creating a new news thread with only today's news in it. It loads much faster.....so I deleted the other one. Just in case anyone notices that the links don't go back beyond today, that is why.

Randy

Quote from: Crusader Raider on March 08, 2009, 04:02:40 AM
randy I still cant post pictures is it something to do with how many bytes per message , not technical like you sir, any hints, hope you and greg had good birthdays.

Keith:

Did you follow the photo posting instructions in the "PHOTOS" board of the forum? I just added a little more to the instructions to hopefully make it more clear. Here is the link to that post in case you have trouble finding it:

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=96.msg335#msg335

and here is the link to the main PHOTOS board:
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?board=35.0

Crusader Raider

randy i still cant post pictures is it something to do with how many bytes per message , not technical like you sir, any hints, hope you and greg had good birthdays.

Randy

Quote from: Raider Rodney on February 27, 2009, 08:32:58 PM
Randy...what's the deal with email notifications?  I have every kind of option to be notified checked but it says I'm not currently receiving any notifications :/  Then it says to mark the notify in a board to receive these...where is that???

I finally noticed this question here Rodney....sorry for the delay. The button it's talking about, that you have to click for notifications.....is located at the top of each topic page. But you probably couldn't find it....because I had it turned off.

I had turned off "notifications" a while back, because Greg told me he thought the forum was too complicated.....too many things to click on.....too hard to understand, etc.........so I tried to make it so easy.....even a caveman (or a Raider Greg) could do it (ha, ha)

But you're right. In everyone's profile section it gives you the option to be notified when a topic is replied to....but I had turned that off.....so you could sign up for it and still not get it.

So I just now went in and turned "notifications" back on for everyone (except GUESTS.....you have to be a registered member to get this feature). So if you want to be notified when there are replies to a certain topic, you will now see a "Notify" button at the beginning of each topic (along with REPLY and PRINT):

This should help you get the notifications. I hope it doesn't confuse others. There is information explaining this in our forum HELP section. Click on this link:
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?action=help;page=index#message
and read the part about the "NOTIFY" button.

There are other ways to see when new topics and posts have occured since you last logged on. They vary a little depending on which theme you're using for the look of your forum. When you first log onto the forum....on the main page.....as you look at the list of categories......to the left of the categories there is a diamond shaped icon (on the default blue and white forum theme). Some of the other themes use a square instead of a diamond.

These shapes change color depending on whether or not there are new posts since you last logged in. These are the NEW POSTS - NO NEW POSTS icons. On most of the themes, dark means no new posts, light means new posts. On some it is the opposite. There is a key at the bottom of the list of categories that tells you this. When you click on a category and go to the page with the topics......you'll also see these indicators on the left, telling you where there are new posts since your last login. You probably already figured that out, but I thought I'd add that part in case anyone didn't know about it. For a detailed explanation in the forum HELP section, click this link:
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?action=help;page=index#board
and read the section titled THE BOARD INDEX, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Let me know if you need any more clarification or details on any of this stuff and I'll try to give you an answer or point you in the right direction.

Raider Rodney

Randy...what's the deal with email notifications?  I have every kind of option to be notified checked but it says I'm not currently receiving any notifications :/  Then it says to mark the notify in a board to receive these...where is that???

Randy

Report any problems or errors you encounter with the forum or either of our two websites, Raider Nation Podcast and Raider Nation Videocast here...