Check out our RAIDERS LATEST NEWS section for latest news, videos, interviews, etc

• Welcome to Raider Nation Podcast Forum. Please log in or sign up.

GUESTBOOK (Sign in! Tell us about yourself!)

Started by Randy, September 06, 2008, 03:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jr da WPB Florida raider

Hey there my raider brothers i am jr da wpb florida raider.  I live in the city of west palm beach, Fl i seen your videos on you tube, their the shit so are the raiders.  I been a fan ever since i was young, i watched the raiders win, lose, and tie and get a shit load of penalties in the mix of it all.  Thats when i said, just when i was getting to like football if this team that is getting alot of shit thrown at them and are still wining games, just like in a persons life then thats when i decided THE OAKLAND RAIDERS was going to be the team that, when i get older and had pets that if it would be no if it would please the football GOD's to make my team number one that i would have to make that sacrafice.  No i cant do that to my pets but asaide everything thank you, all of you of having me hear and talk to all of the raider fam abaout how i fell of this team my team that forever will be #1.  Thank You and if there any raider fans around my area that think the same hit me up.

Raiderfanuntildeath

Sup Nation,

Just thought that I would share my story about how I became a Raider fan.  It was about 15 or 16 years ago when I was about 15 years old.  At that time I would classify myself as a very casual football fan, which is to say that I would watch a few regular season games -it didnt matter what team- and I would watch the Superbowl.

I remember being at a friends house and he flipped on a Raider game at halftime,  I cant even remember who the Raiders were playing but I remember that it was a Raider home game.  

With the fourth quarter winding down, the Raiders trailed by a few points and needed a touchdown to win...I remember Jeff Hostetler driving the Raiders down the field and got them in a 1st and goal situation. After 3 unsuccessful downs the Raiders go for it on 4th down.  Hostetler drops back and scrambles left and scrambles right, nearly getting sacked, throws the ball, and a receiver by the name of Alexander Wright makes a sensational catch in the end zone just as the clock hits 0:00.  (I get chills just thinking about it)

Of course the entire team runs on the field in celebration, and just after all the hugs and high fives, Alexander Wright gets interviewed on the field -and he is still pumped up- and the reporter asks him how he feels and he responded like this, and I quote..."THAT'S RAIDER FOOTBALL BABY!!! NOT JUST FOOTBALL, THAT'S RAIDER FOOTBALL!!!"  

That one play, and Wright's speech about what Raider football is, made me a "Raider Fan Until Death"...

John From Livermore

Hey I'm John From Livermore. Guess what? I'm from Livermore, California the Eastest of the East Bay. I'm a Raider Fan and like many of you I was born into it. When I'm not involved in Raiders "Stuff" I play guitar and listen to music all day.

Wayward John

Hi  everyone,

I'm from San Ho but I live in Tokyo now. I've been a Raider fan since I was a kid, in fact my first favorite players were Daryl Lamonica, George Blanda and  Fred Biletnikoff. Being in Japan, I occasionally get a chance to watch the silver and black on TV or listen to Greg Papas call the game.

I love the podcast, Raider Greg and The Bald Raider really give us all a great show. And reading everyone's post in the forums as well as hearing y'all on the bone line during the show really make my week.

You Guys Rock!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Randy

Hey it's Navy Rob,

Currently I am stationed at Naval Air Station Point Mugu, CA. That's about an hour north of L. A. on the 101 in Ventura county. I'm a Second Class Petty Officer as an Aviation Electronics Technician but by primary duties is being a Naval Aircrew man. I am a Loadmaster for the mighty C-130 Hercules and love it! I've been to 36 states and 28 countries to include the UK, Spain, Germany, Italy, Japan and Australia.

Well.....  I feel I'm a HUGE  Raider fan but when I read that Raider Mayek was a fan since '83 and Randy had season tickets back in '81, I feel bad since I wasn't a fan until '91. Then again I was born in 1982  :P
Born and raised here around L.A. I didn't get started until my dad took me to an umm.... Los Angeles Raiders of Oakland ;) games which were all versus the Broncos. I remember watching Howie chase down "horse mouth" Elway. I hate Denver! I think I went to 3 games before they moved back home when I was 13. I've been to one away game and that was in '05 when the Raiders went to Philadelphia, I was stationed at NAS Willow Grove which is about 35 miles NW of Philly. Now back home, at least until 2010, I have made the trip up to the Mecca for a preseason and 3 regular season games.

So, Go Raiders!

Randy

from "Silent One"
11/8/07

My name is Bobby and I live in Yuba City, California. I was raised by a Seacock fan and I began to like the Raiders since 91'-92'ish. My favorite Raider to ever play the game is Tim Brown. I hope to make it to a Raider Nation Podcast tailgate party some day. Hope to get to know you fellow Raider fans a lot better.

Randy

from Mark (aka xX IceD tEA Xx.......previously known as Raider Mayek...fan from across the pond).....RNP Hall of Famer
11/7/07

My name is Mark ( and I have been a Raiders fan since reading a magazine article about them in 'Touchdown' magazine back in 1982 (the first year we got Gridiron over in the UK). I liked the image more than anything and then the first season I watched properly was 1983 and they wound up in the Superbowl. You could say I was a glory supporter - paying for it now though.

The nearest I got to seeing the Raiders play was against the Saints in a pre-season exhibition match over at (old) Wembley. I was gonna get over this year but I run my own business and just can't get the time away right now. One year I will make the trip.

If anyone wants to whip my ass at Madden my gamer tag is Mayek (for historical reasons that seemed funny when I took it).  Always play as the Raiders - it's the only way I get to see them win big these days.

Still, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

The Raiders will be back!

Randy

from Colin (aka SROTBFM) in Scotland
11/4/07

Hi, my name is Colin and I'm a consultant for a mailing company in Perth, Scotland (as opposed to  Perth, Australia!!).

Got hooked on the NFL back in '85 when it enjoyed it's first surge of popularity here in the UK. Fell for the Raiders,I guess, because of their "look" (best uniform / helmet hands down), their attitude and the strength of their D (I'll take a team with a great D over one with an explosive offense any day). My memory's a bit hazy on this, but I seem to remember a 9-3 game against the 49ers sealing my allegiance!!
Followed the game for a few years on the Armed Forces radio network, which you could just about pick up here, with a highlight being Bo's breakout game in the Kingdome.

After a few years we stopped getting regular season highlights and I drifted away a little as I had no particular desire to watch the Cowboys and Br*nc*s win Superbowls!!
Still, I always looked out for the scores and, thankfully, my cable company picked up live regular season coverage the year after the Bucs disaster.

So, back in full support now, I get to watch a triple-header every Sunday night although I'm lucky if the Raiders are on twice a year. Most times I'm watching a live game with the Raider gamecenter on the laptop. Man, it's nervewracking watching those coloured lines march up and down the field!!

All time favourite player is Howie Long, although special shouts also go to Marcus, Bo, Lester Hayes and Tim Brown.

Currently watching the Charger - Viking game (yeah, Peterson just scored!!).

Finally, thanks for the podcast, it's great for getting Raider news and opinion beyond the sanitised rubbish on NFL and ESPN sites but most important it's good to hear from someone so passionate about my team who gets pissed when we lose, but can at least have a laugh about it and stays true no matter what. Long may it continue.

Peace.

Randy

from SeaTacRaiderLady
11/3/07

Raider Greg, not only are you very "cerebral", but I LOVE the podcasts!  Positively the BEST Raider fan I know, second only to my husband.

I was raised in a house of terribly, deluded Seachicken fans.  I am ashamed to admit it.  Not only this, but I am frequently subjected to Husky futball Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit!  Is it any wonder I was almost INSTANTLY a Raiders fan, once properly introduced by my Raider Hubby, Raider Chris?

It is a sad, sad state of affairs, not only living in hostile territory, but also being surrounded by die-hard Seachicken fans!  The shame and the stupid, it burns!!

Thanks for the reality check, the great podcasts, and the hope everlasting. 

Long Live Al, and the beloved Raiders!!!  Win, Lose or Tie, Raider Nation 'till we die!!

Randy

from Kolja (near Cologne Germany)
11/2/07

Hello Raider Nation! I don't know how, bu somehow it happened that my friend Andre beat me by joyning here earlier than me... well, anyway, here I am.

I am also a german fan of the Raiders and as Andre I live close to Cologne, in Kerpen to be precise. I follow the Raiders and their fortunes and misfortunes now since I started watching NFL football which was in the late eighties. As it was always the case during that time in Germany you couldn't watch that many games, but the Raiders always stuck out, because the way they presented themselves (bad boys are good :-)) and also, of course, because they were one of the few teams you could buy merchandise from here (it's like the New York Yankees phenomenon here: people can and do buy their hats and shirts, but have no clue that it is a baseball team).

In the early 90ies the World League was formed and I started to go to games there, but I still watched the NFL and the Raiders on television. Later on I started my own podcast and my own photo site for my hometown team the now defunct Cologne Centurions together with our fan club "First Down". Out of that club grow the idea of the "German Raider Nation". After I checked if anyone else has ever thougt about that we built up our site and now we are trying to gather together all german Raiders fans under one roof, but as always in the german football scene it is a slow and long process.

Well, and now, here I am, and looking forward to add some of my comments to this forum in the near future.

Go Raiders! Kolja

Randy

from Raul Oliveros (aka RaiderRaul)
11/2/07

Hello Raider Nation, my name is Raul, not Paul like Raider Greg said in the Podcast, Oliveros I'm a 33 year old Mail Carrier From Los Angeles California. Raider fan since I was a Baby boy. Followed the Raiders Allways, was a bit upset when they left to return to Oakland but still continue to root for them. Win, loose, or tie Raiders till I die. Was a Season ticket holder for the 2006 season, had the time of my life that season. The tailgate experience in Oakland is like to other. I have been to San Francisco for a Niners game, representing the Nation of course, and that Tailgate was more like being in a deserted park. I got so much Sh*t for representing the Raiders but those Pu$$ys didn't have it in them to do anything about it. Don't get me wrong in not one of those violent fans but when some one threatens you to take off your jersey or its your ass, well bring your lunch then partner cause your going to need it. Im also a Marine, served this country for 8 years 5 in Camp Pendelton and 3 in Hawaii. Once a Marine, Allways a Marine. So Raider Nation who cares if they Black us out this weekend. I'm only watching one game at 1:00 pm and that game is Raiders Texans, screw the patsies and those colts. every one else can watch it, I won't.
                                              Stay Silver and Black Forever Raider Nation!!!

Randy

from MadRaiders#32
10/31/07

My name is Mike and I love in Toledo, Ohio.  I am orginally from the Niagara Falls/Buffalo New York area and I hate the Buffalo Bills.

I was at a Raiders game in October 2003 in Cleveland, Ohio.  I sat in the Dog Pound and let me tell you it was interesting.

I have been a Raiders fan since 1985.  It all began because of Marcus Allen.  I watched Raider games with my dad and I just thought "this guy is awesome."  It just went on from there.

Randy

from Les Wilkie (EnglishRaider)
10/31/07

Hi. I'm Les Wilkie (English Raider). Been a Raiders fan for bout 15 years. I live in England and in 2005 I came over to watch the Raiders vs the Dolphins. Sat in the Black Hole. We lost but it was awesome, and in 2006 watched the Raiders vs the Texans. Lost again. Sat in the Raiders club section. My fav player is Kirk Morrison, and all time Howie Long (from what I have seen on DVDs). Am a hall of fame member of the Raider Nation Podcast. Greg and Randy, I can not thank you enough for what u do, u guys are my link to the Raiders and when I listen to u on my iPod I could just be talking to you in a bar after a game !!!!!!!!!!!

Randy

from Andre in Wuppertal, Germany (username R8R77)
10/31/07

Hi,
my name is Andre and I live in Wuppertal, Germany. I work for a screen printing company where we produce speedometer charts.
I´m a Raiders Fan for around twenty years when former Running Back Bo Jackson played for them. He was a professional in two different kinds of sport. That impressed me a lot. At that time I was ten years old. And which little kid doesn´t like pirates??? Furthermore I like teams, not everybody likes. When I heard that the Raiders were the "Badboys"  of the NFL like the Pistons in the NBA, it was a perfect fit for me  ;D
Here in Germany it is not very easy to join live games. OK, we had the NFL Europe once and I was a Season Ticket holder of the Duesseldorf Rhein Fire, but this League is closed now  :(
I have a pay TV contract with one european US Sport Channel (NASN) but they don´t show Raider games very often. Only successful teams  ;)
The other chance for me is via internet live stream. So I´m sitting every Sunday evening (local time is 7 or 10 pm) in front of my notebook and watch the Raiders. But that is not the same like television or live game atmosphere.
So I have to travel to US to see the Raiders there. Mostly on the road at the East Coast. Because of the cheaper flights. I saw them already in Miami, Carolina and Tennessee. All games were wins  :)
This year it was the first time for me and my wife to see them twice in California. In San Diego and one week later in Oakland, FINALLY ;D ;D ;D
Shit, this time both games were losses. No problem. Win, lose or tie, Raiders til I die. And I met a lot of Raider Fans in person. That means much more to me than this fxxxin´ games. More Home games will follow  ;)
That´s so far! I hope that my english is good enough for this forum.

Greetings from Germany, Andre

Randy

from Raider Rodney
10/30/07

I'll go next I guess :P  My name is Rodney and I live across country in Western North Carolina.  I am a Process Development Technician at a local plant.

I have been a Raider fan as long as I can remember really.  I have suffered through the painful years and have smiled wide during the glory days.  I am the biggest Raider fan I know of around here, but there are several around.  The Raider Nation knows no boundaries  ;)

I have only gotten to see my team live once and that was a few years back down in Atlanta.  Was amazing, was the game Kaufman had over 200yds rushing and George made the victory lap around the Dome  ;D  I plan on trying to get out to tailgate and visit the Black Hole soon....probably not this year though unless I hit the Powerball  :P

Randy

from Randy
10/29/07

OK, I guess I'll start this guestbook off. You don't all have to do a long post here, you can be as brief or as long as you want.

My name is Randy. I'm Raider Greg's partner on Raider Nation Podcast and Raider Nation Videocast.

We are both firefighters who work together in the same fire department. We are both Raiders season ticket holders.

I became an Oakland Raiders season ticket holder in 1980 (the same year I joined the fire department). I would have gotten season tickets sooner, but you couldn't get them. There was a waiting list for tickets. The coliseum was sold out for every game for ten years or more from around 1970-1980. It wasn't until the rumors started going around that the Raiders might move to LA that some people started not renewing their season tickets, and that's when I was finally able to get one.

I attended the games in Oakland for 2 years before the team finally did move to LA. I sat in the old "bleachers", wooden temporary bleachers that ran along the east sideline. My ticket cost $17 per game. They would remove the bleachers when the stadium was in baseball configuration. Back then, the Raiders had a live orchestra that sat on the field in the corner of the north end zone.  That same orchestra also played in old Frank Youell Field (home of the Raiders from 1962-1965), before the Coliseum opened in 1967. They would play the Raiders theme song when the Raiders scored. Just like they do now on the big sound system, except this was a live orchestra with a conductor. Maybe 20 pieces in the orchestra or so if I remember right? Does anyone remember that? I remember going down to the Oakland airport to welcome the team back from their win in Superbowl XI against the Vikings.

For those who don't know, Greg started the podcast in May of 2005 when he was off work with an injury he got at work in the fire department (back injury). He was off work for a year or so, and his brother-in-law Al told him about podcasting and said, "you're driving my sister crazy being home all the time....you're a Raiders fan....why don't you start a podcast?" Greg said "what's a podcast?". I think the first episode was May 20, and I started helping Greg with the podcast about 2 1/2 months later in August 2005. We started the Raider Nation Videocast at the beginning of the 2006 season. That's about it.

Oh, if you want a good chuckle,  you can hear what Greg sounded like in his very first podcast. Remember, this was recorded during the off season, before the start of training camp, half way through Norv Turner's two year term as head coach.

Download Raider Greg's first podcast, Show #1 (recorded May 20, 2005):   http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/podcasts/RNP-2005-05-20.mp3

Randy

Tell us who you are, where you live, if you've ever been to a Raiders game, how you became a fan, or whatever you want to say.

Be as brief or as long as you want.

Click on the "Reply" button above and to your right to start a new post.