RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

NFL Draft

<< < (26/28) > >>

Randy:
The wrenching story of Notre Dame football star Manti Te'o's girlfriend dying of leukemia - a loss he said inspired him to play his best all the way to the BCS championship - was dismissed by the school as a hoax perpetrated against the linebacker.

Notre Dame said Wednesday night it believes the Heisman Trophy finalist was duped into an online relationship with a woman whose "death" was then faked by the perpetrators of the hoax.

The school made the statement following a lengthy story by Deadspin.com, saying it could find no record that Lennay Kekua ever existed. The website story suggests a friend of Te'o may have carried out the hoax and that the football player may have been in on it.

Complete story:
http://957thegame.stats.com/multisport/story.asp?i=20130116174545303695308

Matty Raider:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on January 09, 2013, 08:06:05 PM ---It's just a real tough spot for Reggie to trade down not knowing where T'eo will go/be available.

If this javius jones kid is anything like the pass rusher the broncos selected 2 years back then I wouldn't blink when I pulled the trigger. VPN miller

I want a OL. Someone who gonna help out with Palme prior and McFadden production and we dan get rid of khalif Barnes (move veldheer to the right)

--- End quote ---

I agree but we can't go wrong with drafting for either offensive or defensive lines at this point.  I am leaning towards best player available at the pick at this point.  We must fill some gaping holes on D though.

raider kyle:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on January 09, 2013, 08:06:05 PM ---It's just a real tough spot for Reggie to trade down not knowing where T'eo will go/be available.

If this javius jones kid is anything like the pass rusher the broncos selected 2 years back then I wouldn't blink when I pulled the trigger. VPN miller

I want a OL. Someone who gonna help out with Palme prior and McFadden production and we dan get rid of khalif Barnes (move veldheer to the right)

--- End quote ---
I live in georgia (where he goes) and a lot of georgia fans have said beware of his back problems but he can check out with the doctors than I am good with it just a lot of uncertainty.

RaiderWildeStyle:
It's just a real tough spot for Reggie to trade down not knowing where T'eo will go/be available.

Matty Raider:
Trade down the pick.  Me personally, I still want Te'o.  I am partial though as I am a ND fan.  However, I think that Te'o is the kind of kid you can build your defense around.  He has the heart of a lion and you can't coach that.  Manti was first projected top 5, now it is top 12.  I say trade the pick and pick him up later in the first round.  If we keep the pick, get Jarvis Jones out of Georgia - he is a beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version