Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 9424 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Cal's Keenan Allen, Stanford's Zach Ertz potential first-round picks
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »
Cal's Keenan Allen, Stanford's Zach Ertz potential first-round picks
John Wilner, BayAreaNewsGroup

http://www.insidebayarea.com/cal-bears/ci_22629462/nfl-combine-cals-keenan-allen-stanfords-zach-ertz

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
For Raiders, Pool of Defensive Tackles is Deep
Doug Williams, NBC BayArea

"Impact players into the 4th round"

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/For-Raiders-Pool-of-Defensive-Tackles-is-Deep-191838651.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:14:46 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL Network Analyst Mike Mayock likes Florida DT Floyd as Raiders 1st Rd pick
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »
Mayock likes DT Floyd as Raiders top pick
Jerry McDonald, BayAreaNewsGroup

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/02/18/mayock-likes-dt-floyd-as-raiders-top-pick/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:44:05 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: NFL Draft 2013
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »
Here's a player I think has the potential to add to our soon-to-be depleted D-line. Has great hands & frame that can be built upon entering the NFL. Hypothetically if we don't move down (which I think is the best choice given the opportunity). :

http://www.nfl.com/m/draft/2013/profiles/Damontre-Moore?id=2540138

I also like a Jarvis Jones pick if we keep our 3rd.

Looks good from that description, but ESPN's Todd McShay puts him outside the top 10 in the 1st round due to "character baggage" (arrested in his Freshman year for possession of under 2 ounces of Marijuana). You know Reggie is concerned about character. You knows how he would feel about the marijuana arrest? Apparently he hasn't had any issues since that one.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/espns-todd-mcshay-puts-texas-ams-damontre-moore-outside-of-mock-draft-top-10-due-to-character-baggage.html/

I didn't know about his criminal past. That will become a factor in where he's drafted. I know McClain had run-ins with the law when he was younger & I thought it was a chance at taking him in the 1st but I figured if his play on the field out weighed that then it was worth it...lol Obviously NOT! Can't have another disappointment taken with a high pick let alone any pick. If that is the case, no matter how long ago it was, we don't need it on our team. Thanks Randy, for the extra info.

McShay is a JOKE! Look at #99 who had "issues as well.... RayLewis had issues..... There are Some growning pains that come with being a young millionaire..... We cannot have any more head cases here.... ONLY ones that are all out CRAZY and want to just BLOW EVERYONE UP!! Those are the issues that I want in a Draft pick!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:52:48 AM by Randy »

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 09:02:48 PM »
Here's a player I think has the potential to add to our soon-to-be depleted D-line. Has great hands & frame that can be built upon entering the NFL. Hypothetically if we don't move down (which I think is the best choice given the opportunity). :

Looks good from that description, but ESPN's Todd McShay puts him outside the top 10 in the 1st round due to "character baggage" (arrested in his Freshman year for possession of under 2 ounces of Marijuana). You know Reggie is concerned about character. You knows how he would feel about the marijuana arrest? Apparently he hasn't had any issues since that one.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/espns-todd-mcshay-puts-texas-ams-damontre-moore-outside-of-mock-draft-top-10-due-to-character-baggage.html/

I didn't know about his criminal past. That will become a factor in where he's drafted. I know McClain had run-ins with the law when he was younger & I thought it was a chance at taking him in the 1st but I figured if his play on the field out weighed that then it was worth it...lol Obviously NOT! Can't have another disappointment taken with a high pick let alone any pick. If that is the case, no matter how long ago it was, we don't need it on our team. Thanks Randy, for the extra info.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:51:34 AM by Randy »
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 12:59:33 PM »

On the other end, Mel Kiper has Moore going to the Jaguars with the 2nd pick in the 1st round:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8916826/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-second-mock-draft

In other mock drafts I've seen him going to the Eagles and Browns. McShay has him dropping to #13 (Tampa Bay) due to the character issues. Seems like he'll definitely go in the 1st half of the 1st round though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:51:37 PM by Randy »

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 04:17:59 AM »
Here's a player I think has the potential to add to our soon-to-be depleted D-line. Has great hands & frame that can be built upon entering the NFL. Hypothetically if we don't move down( which I think is the best choice given the opportunity). :

"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Does coaching Senior Bowl give Raiders draft edge?
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »
Does coaching Senior Bowl give Raiders draft edge?
Paul Gutierrez, Comcast SportsNet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/does-coaching-senior-bowl-give-raiders-draft-edge

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Manti is a joke
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »
I don't know which Crocodile jaws i wanna use except I want people to know that Manti T'eo is the bigger clown

Manti T'eo giving a Fake Name >>>> Rolando McClain giving a fake name

I'm usually one not to judge a man for what he does off the field as long as he shows up and does his job on the field. But this is just sick going around and I don't believe for a second he was part of a hoax. He is on record saying he met his dying girlfriend.

PS: I have a 2nd facebook profile for an imaginary girlfriend... her name is Mia Luufthan and it's a picture of a girls left hand.
But I've never used Mia as a stepping stone to help show that I am a good guy when she's on her deathbed and I have a tribute game to honour her life.

LMAO! 

Reggie won't take him anyway, not with this regime.  They were already burned with Rolando's dumb ass.  Al wouldn't have cared one bit though, he could have said aliens abducted him....not Reggie though....

According to mock drafts recently, Star Lotulelei (DT, Utah) looking at the #3 pick, Raiders.  I am good with that.  looks like Jarvis Jones might go #2.

I see this ridiculous situation as a sign the Raiders are moving forward. Not long ago, this kind of shit happened every year with the Raiders. This shit has Raiders written all over it. It's JaMarcus in its size and insanity. (JaMarcus is now an adjective.) But, it didn't happen to us, it happened to someone else. The guy had the grace to get caught BEFORE we drafted him. Now, whoever we draft can still get caught with coke and strippers, or go all Darrell Russell on a woman and even videotape it, or whatever ... but we dodged a bullet this time (ooh, a McClain reference!). I see that as a positive sign. Anytime crazy shit happens to another team, I breathe a sigh of relief.

Actually, the Raiders are indirectly tied to this, Marques Tuiasosopo....remember Tui???

He is the cousin of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who "claims" he concocted the hoax. 

Maybe Marques was Lennay Kekua?  HAHAHAHA

What a joke.

"Tui went KaBlooie" (Raider Greg quote)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:49:53 PM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »
I don't know which Crocodile jaws i wanna use except I want people to know that Manti T'eo is the bigger clown

I'm usually one not to judge a man for what he does off the field as long as he shows up and does his job on the field. But this is just sick going around and I don't believe for a second he was part of a hoax. He is on record saying he met his dying girlfriend.

PS: I have a 2nd facebook profile for an imaginary girlfriend... her name is Mia Luufthan and it's a picture of a girls left hand.
But I've never used Mia as a stepping stone to help show that I am a good guy when she's on her deathbed and I have a tribute game to honour her life.

LMAO! 

Reggie won't take him anyway, not with this regime.  They were already burned with Rolando's dumb ass.  Al wouldn't have cared one bit though, he could have said aliens abducted him....not Reggie though....

According to mock drafts recently, Star Lotulelei (DT, Utah) looking at the #3 pick, Raiders.  I am good with that.  looks like Jarvis Jones might go #2.

I see this ridiculous situation as a sign the Raiders are moving forward. Not long ago, this kind of shit happened every year with the Raiders. This shit has Raiders written all over it. It's JaMarcus in its size and insanity. (JaMarcus is now an adjective.) But, it didn't happen to us, it happened to someone else. The guy had the grace to get caught BEFORE we drafted him. Now, whoever we draft can still get caught with coke and strippers, or go all Darrell Russell on a woman and even videotape it, or whatever ... but we dodged a bullet this time (ooh, a McClain reference!). I see that as a positive sign. Anytime crazy shit happens to another team, I breathe a sigh of relief.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »
Glad your ND rose colour glasses allows u to see logically MattyRAIDER

I think the big fanfare with his draft stock being a top 5 pick was 70/30 talent to marketability

Now with his credibility gone his draft stock will slip but I still think he is a 1st round pick.

My allegiance as a Notre Dame football fan goes much further than one player.  He showed in the Bama game he has a lot of work to do in regards to playing up to better talent.  Like I said, at this point I want NO ONE with questionable character.  It appears those days will be gone with Reggie at the helm. (IMO, a good thing)

If we go best player available at our pick we can't go wrong, but I am hoping for some big time help on both sides of the line and in our secondary in this draft.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 06:21:30 PM »
Glad your ND rose colour glasses allows u to see logically MattyRAIDER

I think the big fanfare with his draft stock being a top 5 pick was 70/30 talent to marketability

Now with his credibility gone his draft stock will slip but I still think he is a 1st round pick.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »

LMAO! 

- George Orwell

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Manti is a joke
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Teo's girlfriend a hoax
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »
This is one of the most bizarre stories I have ever heard.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Story of Monti Te'o girlfriend death apparently a hoax
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 12:54:22 AM »
The wrenching story of Notre Dame football star Manti Te'o's girlfriend dying of leukemia - a loss he said inspired him to play his best all the way to the BCS championship - was dismissed by the school as a hoax perpetrated against the linebacker.

Notre Dame said Wednesday night it believes the Heisman Trophy finalist was duped into an online relationship with a woman whose "death" was then faked by the perpetrators of the hoax.

The school made the statement following a lengthy story by Deadspin.com, saying it could find no record that Lennay Kekua ever existed. The website story suggests a friend of Te'o may have carried out the hoax and that the football player may have been in on it.

Complete story:
http://957thegame.stats.com/multisport/story.asp?i=20130116174545303695308

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »
It's just a real tough spot for Reggie to trade down not knowing where T'eo will go/be available.

If this javius jones kid is anything like the pass rusher the broncos selected 2 years back then I wouldn't blink when I pulled the trigger. VPN miller

I want a OL. Someone who gonna help out with Palme prior and McFadden production and we dan get rid of khalif Barnes (move veldheer to the right)

I agree but we can't go wrong with drafting for either offensive or defensive lines at this point.  I am leaning towards best player available at the pick at this point.  We must fill some gaping holes on D though.
- George Orwell

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »
It's just a real tough spot for Reggie to trade down not knowing where T'eo will go/be available.

If this javius jones kid is anything like the pass rusher the broncos selected 2 years back then I wouldn't blink when I pulled the trigger. VPN miller

I want a OL. Someone who gonna help out with Palme prior and McFadden production and we dan get rid of khalif Barnes (move veldheer to the right)
I live in georgia (where he goes) and a lot of georgia fans have said beware of his back problems but he can check out with the doctors than I am good with it just a lot of uncertainty.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 09:59:18 AM »
Trade down the pick.  Me personally, I still want Te'o.  I am partial though as I am a ND fan.  However, I think that Te'o is the kind of kid you can build your defense around.  He has the heart of a lion and you can't coach that.  Manti was first projected top 5, now it is top 12.  I say trade the pick and pick him up later in the first round.  If we keep the pick, get Jarvis Jones out of Georgia - he is a beast.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: NFL Draft 2013 - Do we still want Manti T'eo?
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
T'eo had a pretty bad game in the National Championship.. Definitly not worth wasting our no.3 pick on when we can trade down a few spots and grab later.

Speaking of trading down
I was wondering if anyone had a opinion on the Aussie kid Jesse Williams for Alabama.. Dude plays Defensive Line (area of need) and Saban put him in to play fullback at some goalline situations.

I'd like the pick because he is Australian, but wondering if anyone else thought he was worth trading down and grabbing?

If he has a gator on his back, like you always do at Raiders games (or is it a croc....I'm never sure), it might get caught up on the other players.  ;)

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Re: NFL Draft 2013 - Do we still want Manti T'eo?
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »
T'eo had a pretty bad game in the National Championship.. Definitly not worth wasting our no.3 pick on when we can trade down a few spots and grab later.

Speaking of trading down
I was wondering if anyone had a opinion on the Aussie kid Jesse Williams for Alabama.. Dude plays Defensive Line (area of need) and Saban put him in to play fullback at some goalline situations.

I'd like the pick because he is Australian, but wondering if anyone else thought he was worth trading down and grabbing?

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL Draft 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 12:58:50 AM »

2013 Draft Tracker, NFL Draft History, Videos, Photos

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:02:43 AM by Randy »

Offline Raider Frank

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »
Let's hope they try to drop down and get that 2nd and fourth and more...... I think they can get someone to cough up a late round first, 2nd, fourth and some more for next year. I know there's an "assigned" value for these picks but i've always thought the Raiders get hosed on these trades.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 04:30:22 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »
Early Raiders 2013 Mock Draft
Silver and Black Daily

No 2nd or 4th round pick next year for the Raiders.
http://silverandblackdaily.com/2012/06/15/early-raiders-201-mock-draft/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:10:10 PM by Randy »