Author Topic: Week 13: Raiders @ Dallas - Thursday 11/28/13 - 1:30pm Pacific  (Read 289 times)

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Week 13: Raiders @ Dallas - Thursday 11/28/13 - 1:30pm Pacific
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »
Hello Rnp'ers!! ,
I Hope Everyone had a Great Thanksgiving!!I was in Dallas for the Raiders vs Cowboys game.
Gary(sidewinder raider) got into Dallas on Wednesday-He met the Legendary Tim Brown at a Chraity Fundraiser event/Tv segment with Former Dallas Cowboys player Drew Pearson.I was unable to attend.
     As you Know Jerry Jones HOSES anyone attending events at Cowboys Stadium.At one time he didn't think his Cowboys should share with the other 31 NFL teams money generated from NFL merchandise...didn't want to share with Green Bay, Buffalo etc...These smaller markets needs money generated from Nfl merchandise sales to Survive financially..
    Jerry Jones Collects ALot of money from parking-VERY expensive to park near Cowboys Stadium!!! You can park in a Commercial lot and not have to pay that much-if you don't mind the walk-which is what I did.To be able to sit in Cowboys Stadium you have to pay over 95 dollars(face Value) to sit in the rafters(400 sections).I did this in 2009(Raiders vs Cowboys Thanksgiving game) and ended up watching the game on the Huge Jumbotron!!I swore not to do this again.The Cowboys do sell a SRO Party Pass-25 bucks...again you end up watching the game on the JUMBOTRON-east or west end concourse level.If you don't get their at Least a 1.5 hours before kickoff you wont stand behind the Cowboys season ticket holders.Again for me it was Jumbotron viewing-what I ended up doing till the end of the game-was standing at the rail.I didn't want to buy ANY concessions because I didn't want to give Jerry Jones ANYMORE of my hard earned Money-he's a JERKWAD!!!-lmao...well he is...proof is in the pudding as they say:O)
         I had my pic taken with the Bud light dancers...highlight of my trip.:O) Mostly Cowboy fans tailgating with some small Groups of Raider fans here and there.
            Like Kev stated we did Great in the first half(21-7) lead.The second half was a disaster....Cowboys running backs Dunbar and Murray had a field day running wild through our "D".Dez Bryant had a Great TD catch.
Then I took some razzing from Cowboys fans-very little...I was quiet most of the game-I was outnumbered 5-1.It was a TOUGH LOSS....
           There is a Great Raiders/Cowboys bar nearby across from Six Flags Amusement park.It's Called Humperdink's...I talked to a lovely young woman who works there and she told me that Raiders fans go there EVERY weekend to watch our Raiders!!!There was a Good sized Raiders banner hanging up and a smaller Raiders banner hanging as well.I met Raider Ron and we talked a lil bit and we had our pic taken together..Great man..This is a Great sportbar-Raiders bar a BONUS!!! I drove home and got in at 1am...Glad I Represented the Raiders and RNP...Raider fan for LIFE-like we All are!!:O)

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY HOUSTON RAIDER STEVE!  You are a great fan and I always enjoy your calls and stories about our beloved team.  Man these second half collapses are pissing me right off though.  However, we are fielding a competitive team with bargain basement players.  It's not like KC with 6 All-pros over here.  DA needs to make adjustments and stop playing scared!  We need a pass rush and a play-maker on O and D.  Build up those lines Reggie.  I am off to the Jets game this week and we BETTER beat that team. 
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 09:36:58 AM »
Hello Rnp'ers!! ,
I Hope Everyone had a Great Thanksgiving!!I was in Dallas for the Raiders vs Cowboys game.
Gary(sidewinder raider) got into Dallas on Wednesday-He met the Legendary Tim Brown at a Chraity Fundraiser event/Tv segment with Former Dallas Cowboys player Drew Pearson.I was unable to attend.
     As you Know Jerry Jones HOSES anyone attending events at Cowboys Stadium.At one time he didn't think his Cowboys should share with the other 31 NFL teams money generated from NFL merchandise...didn't want to share with Green Bay, Buffalo etc...These smaller markets needs money generated from Nfl merchandise sales to Survive financially..
    Jerry Jones Collects ALot of money from parking-VERY expensive to park near Cowboys Stadium!!! You can park in a Commercial lot and not have to pay that much-if you don't mind the walk-which is what I did.To be able to sit in Cowboys Stadium you have to pay over 95 dollars(face Value) to sit in the rafters(400 sections).I did this in 2009(Raiders vs Cowboys Thanksgiving game) and ended up watching the game on the Huge Jumbotron!!I swore not to do this again.The Cowboys do sell a SRO Party Pass-25 bucks...again you end up watching the game on the JUMBOTRON-east or west end concourse level.If you don't get their at Least a 1.5 hours before kickoff you wont stand behind the Cowboys season ticket holders.Again for me it was Jumbotron viewing-what I ended up doing till the end of the game-was standing at the rail.I didn't want to buy ANY concessions because I didn't want to give Jerry Jones ANYMORE of my hard earned Money-he's a JERKWAD!!!-lmao...well he is...proof is in the pudding as they say:O)
         I had my pic taken with the Bud light dancers...highlight of my trip.:O) Mostly Cowboy fans tailgating with some small Groups of Raider fans here and there.
            Like Kev stated we did Great in the first half(21-7) lead.The second half was a disaster....Cowboys running backs Dunbar and Murray had a field day running wild through our "D".Dez Bryant had a Great TD catch.
Then I took some razzing from Cowboys fans-very little...I was quiet most of the game-I was outnumbered 5-1.It was a TOUGH LOSS....
           There is a Great Raiders/Cowboys bar nearby across from Six Flags Amusement park.It's Called Humperdink's...I talked to a lovely young woman who works there and she told me that Raiders fans go there EVERY weekend to watch our Raiders!!!There was a Good sized Raiders banner hanging up and a smaller Raiders banner hanging as well.I met Raider Ron and we talked a lil bit and we had our pic taken together..Great man..This is a Great sportbar-Raiders bar a BONUS!!! I drove home and got in at 1am...Glad I Represented the Raiders and RNP...Raider fan for LIFE-like we All are!!:O)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:42:19 AM by houston raider »

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »
Looks like we're a 'first half team', if we only play the first two quarters, our record would be 6-5-1
but as you all know, that is not the case.

I'm still hoping for a 6 win season (but time is running out).

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Week 13: Raiders @ Dallas - Thursday 11/28/13 - 1:30pm Pacific
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:50:48 PM »
Oakland Raiders @ Dallas Cowboys
Thursday 11/28/13
1:30pm Pacific - 4:30pm Eastern
CBS