Author Topic: Week 1: Raiders @ Colts - Sunday 09/08/13 - 10am Pacific  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Raider Frank

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Week 1: Raiders @ Colts - Sunday 09/08/13 - 10am Pacific
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »
All I have is, i am glad that we finally have a QB that looks like he cares, is excited about the opportunity and wants to learn and execute the game plan.

Flynn does not look like he cares nor shows any fire.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders season openers from 2005 to present.......one win, seven losses
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »
When is the last time the Raiders started the season with an effort like that?

2011 Monday Night At Denver.

Wow Oscar, you're right!

Actually, I was planning to look up our season openers and see how we've done recently. Now that you reminded me, here we go...I just looked up our opening games back to 2005, the year we started doing the podcast.

2012: San Diego Chargers
L, 22-14

2011: @ Denver Broncos
W, 23-20

2010: @ Tennessee Titans
L, 38-13

2009: San Diego Chargers
L, 24-20

2008: Denver Broncos
L, 41-14

2007: Detroit Lions
L, 36-21

2006: San Diego Chargers
L, 27-0

2005: @ New England Patriots
L, 30-20

How much farther back would we have to go for a season opening win?

2002 - Seahawks @ Oakland     Raiders 31 - Seahawks 17   (that win made 3-in-a-row...we won openers in 2000 and 2001 also....under Gruden/Gannon.....our back-to-back-to-back AFC West Championship years)

Last opening game win before those? 1995, the Raiders 1st year back in Oakland from Los Angeles. That year we were 8-2 after the first ten games, then finished the season with 6 straight losses. That actually didn't get Mike White fired. But following up 7-9 the following season did.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:43:23 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind

2011 Monday Night At Denver.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: I'll take it....even with the loss.....(oh, one more thing)
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »
After we loss I actually had a huge smile on my face. Our team fought harder in this game then i have seen them fight in a LONG time.

Yeah, that's the same way I felt, and a lot of other people felt, after the Raiders lost in Atlanta. That was our away game last year, and we had a blast....scared the crap out of the Falcons. If it hadn't been for that 56 yard field goal their kicker made at the end, we would have won.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Terrelle Pryor postgame media session (VIDEO)
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:52 PM »
Terrelle Pryor postgame media session (VIDEO)

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/UMkwk6Pylhw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/UMkwk6Pylhw</a>

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 08:09:21 AM »

When is the last time the Raiders actually made half-time adjustments, and came out fired up to start the 2nd half? Playing better than the 1st half....when the 1st half wasn't that bad? They had Luck on the run!

The Good: Pryor looked good, for the most part. Gave the Colts fits trying to contain him. He even fooled the cameraman 3 times today. He fooled me! I was watching McFadden run into the line, as Pryor slipped around the right for about 15 yards and a 1st down. Good completion percentage. Pryor sets an ALL TIME rushing record for a Raiders QB IN HIS FIRST GAME! (Well, his 2nd game actually, since he started against the Chargers in the last game of 2012). How about that stop the Raiders' D made when the Colts went for it on 4th down. Raiders take over on downs in Colts territory! Then score a TD to take the lead! Good effort by Pryor and the team as a whole. Don't forget, Pryor is a WINNER. He was 31-4 in college, and won the Rose Bowl. He's a hard worker. I know. This isn't college anymore. But.....he is driven to learn. He will improve. He's YOUNG. But he is nothing like some other young guy who wore #2.

The Bad: Critical errors by Pryor cost the game at the end. Granted, he was in a VERY hostile environment. I'm sure it was VERY loud, the defense was relentless in that last set of downs. But like Gannon said, you can't take a sack in that situation. Did Pryor lock in on the open receiver he saw and missed the DB that made the interception? Was his accuracy just off on that pass?

The Future: Will Pryor be able to continue giving defenses fits, or will the other teams watch this game tape and figure out how to contain him? Or will Pryor learn from this game, eliminate his mistakes, and still give defenses fits?

Other thoughts: Why did Jano miss that FG at the end of the 1st half? His own fault, or is he missing Lechler's holding? What about that long pass Luck made where Woodson made a leaping try for an interception? The ball hit Woodson in the hands, but he couldn't hold on. That would have been a SWEET interception if he had held on. Then to add insult to injury, "Hands of Stone" DHB does hold on and hurts us with a critical first down catch. What about play calling? What did you guys think about Olson's calls? Some of the "up the middle" calls near the goal like went nowhere. Then again, McFadden's run that scored was pretty much up the middle.....but not STRAIGHT up the middle at least. He found a weak spot in the defense just on the left side.

Anyway, like I said in the beginning.....I'll take it. Even thought it was the same old familiar bummer at the end....but at least we were in it! I'm not as bummed out as usual. Still feel pretty good actually. That beer I popped open in the 4th quarter COULD have something to do with it though.  ;)
Great analysis Randy! King holding in place of Shane for Seabass has been my only concern on special teams. But, I'm sure in the heck glad Kluwe isn't on the team vs. My little beautiful sparkle pony's..he would probably help them win for more book sales. haha! just kidding

Anyway, I rather have a win or course for the Oakland Raiders. However, I'll accept a loss when we have  a hungry looking team that shows some promise.

Oh, one more thing...

Is Mastrud the slowest tight end you've ever seen? That play when he was wide open, about 10 yards downfield from everyone else....with only the goal line in front of him?

1 min. 35 secs into this video:

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Week-1-Terrelle-Pryor-highlights/65e8c324-7cbb-496f-869b-15ab5e00a3c5

How long did it take the Colts to catch up with him? About one second! What do you think his 40 time is? About 7.0 maybe? I don't think he would have been an Al Davis pick.

HAHA you are right about that tight end. If it was any of the other ones that would have been a TD forsure. After we loss I actually had a huge smile on my face. Our team fought harder in this game then i have seen them fight in a LONG time. I was so proud that we actually had a chance to win this game in the last seconds agaisnt a top ranked team in the league. I dont care what our record is at the end of this year(since we arent expecting much), if we play every game like this one this i will be one happy camper knowing we having building blocks for the near future.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Rod Streater after the Colts game (VIDEO)
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 02:24:23 AM »
<a href="http://youtube.com/v/ec4R2vLb7EY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/ec4R2vLb7EY</a>

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 01:43:48 AM »
Oh, one more thing...

Is Mastrud the slowest tight end you've ever seen? That play when he was wide open, about 10 yards downfield from everyone else....with only the goal line in front of him?

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Week-1-Terrelle-Pryor-highlights/65e8c324-7cbb-496f-869b-15ab5e00a3c5

How long did it take the Colts to catch up with him? About one second! What do you think his 40 time is? About 7.0 maybe? I don't think he would have been an Al Davis pick.

No shit, Mastrud had tons of open space around him, and he moved slower than JaMarcus Russell grabbing a playbook. That could have been an easy TD. Jano's missed kick really hurt us, but to be honest, I had no expectation that we would even be competitive. Instead, I had the most fun I've had in a long time watching that game. My heart was pounding, I was on the edge of my seat, and that was just watching a delayed broadcast on NFL Game Rewind. (I live in Japan, so I have to watch the games Monday afternoon, my time.)

Pryor kept his cool and managed the game. He made some mistakes, blew some throws, but he also turned busted plays into first downs. Teams will make adjustments to counter him, and he'll have to keep improving to deal with that. But I'm excited.

The curse of the #2 jersey is broken.

And how is JaMarcus's comeback coming along? Did Jeff Garcia run out of money to give to ESPN to run the ads for his training business. Oh, I'm sorry, that was "news coverage," not ads. Right.

And what about how Richard Seymour supposedly still had a lot left in the tank and would sign somewhere else? and to think we blew a 1st round pick on someone who only played here a few years and then was out of the league. sigh.

sorry ... i'm so used to complaining about the team that it's hard to stop. here's some good news: terrell freaking pryor.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 12:27:53 AM »

When is the last time the Raiders actually made half-time adjustments, and came out fired up to start the 2nd half? Playing better than the 1st half....when the 1st half wasn't that bad? They had Luck on the run!

The Good: Pryor looked good, for the most part. Gave the Colts fits trying to contain him. He even fooled the cameraman 3 times today. He fooled me! I was watching McFadden run into the line, as Pryor slipped around the right for about 15 yards and a 1st down. Good completion percentage. Pryor sets an ALL TIME rushing record for a Raiders QB IN HIS FIRST GAME! (Well, his 2nd game actually, since he started against the Chargers in the last game of 2012). How about that stop the Raiders' D made when the Colts went for it on 4th down. Raiders take over on downs in Colts territory! Then score a TD to take the lead! Good effort by Pryor and the team as a whole. Don't forget, Pryor is a WINNER. He was 31-4 in college, and won the Rose Bowl. He's a hard worker. I know. This isn't college anymore. But.....he is driven to learn. He will improve. He's YOUNG. But he is nothing like some other young guy who wore #2.

The Bad: Critical errors by Pryor cost the game at the end. Granted, he was in a VERY hostile environment. I'm sure it was VERY loud, the defense was relentless in that last set of downs. But like Gannon said, you can't take a sack in that situation. Did Pryor lock in on the open receiver he saw and missed the DB that made the interception? Was his accuracy just off on that pass?

The Future: Will Pryor be able to continue giving defenses fits, or will the other teams watch this game tape and figure out how to contain him? Or will Pryor learn from this game, eliminate his mistakes, and still give defenses fits?

Other thoughts: Why did Jano miss that FG at the end of the 1st half? His own fault, or is he missing Lechler's holding? What about that long pass Luck made where Woodson made a leaping try for an interception? The ball hit Woodson in the hands, but he couldn't hold on. That would have been a SWEET interception if he had held on. Then to add insult to injury, "Hands of Stone" DHB does hold on and hurts us with a critical first down catch. What about play calling? What did you guys think about Olson's calls? Some of the "up the middle" calls near the goal like went nowhere. Then again, McFadden's run that scored was pretty much up the middle.....but not STRAIGHT up the middle at least. He found a weak spot in the defense just on the left side.

Anyway, like I said in the beginning.....I'll take it. Even thought it was the same old familiar bummer at the end....but at least we were in it! I'm not as bummed out as usual. Still feel pretty good actually. That beer I popped open in the 4th quarter COULD have something to do with it though.  ;)
Great analysis Randy! King holding in place of Shane for Seabass has been my only concern on special teams. But, I'm sure in the heck glad Kluwe isn't on the team vs. My little beautiful sparkle pony's..he would probably help them win for more book sales. haha! just kidding

Anyway, I rather have a win or course for the Oakland Raiders. However, I'll accept a loss when we have  a hungry looking team that shows some promise.

Oh, one more thing...

Offline Autumn Wind Williams

• Rookie Member
    • Keep the Raiders in Oakland

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Postgame show is on both of these radio channels - LISTEN NOW!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
Postgame show is on both of these radio channels - LISTEN NOW!

http://player.tritonmedia.com/entercom/KGMZFM

http://player.tritonmedia.com/entercom/KUFXFM

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
I'll take it....even with the loss.....GOOD EFFORT (we had them on the ropes!)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 04:09:23 PM »

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:40:38 PM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 03:59:25 PM »
That one hurts......... We are much improvemed and made this a close game against one of the top 10 teams in the league. We may have lost but let's kick the shit out of the Jags next week. We can do this!

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 02:34:25 PM »
I hate talking about us getting the first round pick but this team doesn't even has to try to suck for the first round pick. They already suck.....

I'm actually pretty satisfied with how they played in the first half. Sure looked a lot better than in preseason. Too bad Jano missed that FG before the half or it would be a 4 pt. game. I wonder if King's hold had anything to do with the miss?
Posted that before they turned it on. Came back and are trying to a make a game. We need to play good in the second half unlike last year.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
I hate talking about us getting the first round pick but this team doesn't even has to try to suck for the first round pick. They already suck.....

I'm actually pretty satisfied with how they played in the first half. Sure looked a lot better than in preseason. Too bad Jano missed that FG before the half or it would be a 4 pt. game. I wonder if King's hold had anything to do with the miss?

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 01:47:26 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders - Colts Official radio broadcast link
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »
Greg Papa and Tom Flores - Official Raiders radio broadcast

The pregame show is on NOW (2 hours before kickoff) with Bill Romanowski and John Lund.
The postgame show will immediately follow the game.

Pregame and Postgame link:
http://player.tritonmedia.com/entercom/KGMZFM

Game Link (starts about 45 mins to 1 hr before kickoff):
http://player.tritonmedia.com/entercom/KUFXFM

p.s. Greg Papa just said that Raider Nation "took over" Indy last night

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:36:40 PM by Randy »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:26:18 PM »
Let's go Pryor!  I don't care about our atrocious line - this kid worked hard to improve his game.  Bottom line - he is our best chance to win and he can make plays.  All the best my man!  Getting pumped for Sunday!  LET'S GET IT

Bottom line - outside of best chance to win, which I agree with, TP makes us worth watching, at a base level, anything could happen - without him it would be a guaranteed non-event season. With him, at least we might see some upsets and promise for the future. Classic QB or not, he ignites the crowd and those who would dismiss him. Right now, short of a miracle cure, give him a shot!!!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders with Rich Gannon shock the Colts in 2000
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 03:29:10 AM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
Let's go Pryor!  I don't care about our atrocious line - this kid worked hard to improve his game.  Bottom line - he is our best chance to win and he can make plays.  All the best my man!  Getting pumped for Sunday!  LET'S GET IT
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Reports: Pryor will be Raiders starting QB
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 12:40:02 AM »
Reports: Pryor will be Raiders starting quarterback
Scott Bair, Comcast SportsNet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/reports-pryor-will-be-raiders-starting-quarterback

Pryor to start opener, sources say
Vic Tafur, SF Chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Pryor-to-start-opener-sources-say-4782033.php

Report: Pryor will start for Raiders
Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/report-pryor-will-start-for-raiders/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:49:44 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Coach Allen quiet on his starting QB vs Colts "for competitive reasons"
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 12:38:33 AM »
Coach Dennis Allen keeping his starting QB a secret "for competitive reasons"
Jerry McDonald, BayAreaNewsGroup

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_23999428/oakland-raiders-coach-dennis-allen-keeping-quarterback-secret

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders - Colts....."Ghost to the Post".....Longest game in Raiders' history
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »
The "Ghost to the Post" Game - Raiders @ Colts
NFL Divisional Playoff - Christmas Eve 1977

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Ghost-to-the-Post/15f7b76f-cc70-42a9-8cd3-cccf30cb7fc6
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:05:41 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Burris' status for regular-season opener unclear
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 04:14:53 AM »
Miles Burris' status for regular-season opener unclear
Scott Bair, CSNBayArea.com

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/burris-status-regular-season-opener-unclear

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders @ Colts - Season Opener Preview
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Week 1: Raiders @ Colts - Sunday 09/08/13 - 10am Pacific
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:20:54 AM »
SEASON OPENER

Oakland Raiders @ Indianapolis Colts