Author Topic: Oakland Raider Trivia!  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Aztec_Raider

• Rookie Member
Re: Oakland Raider Trivia!
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 12:58:24 AM »
Tom Flores

Right on brotha, I just did an essay on Flores and Plunkett learned alot of interesting stuff.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »
Tom Flores

Offline Aztec_Raider

• Rookie Member
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »
Here's a question for you guys, Who's the only Raider to win Super Bowl's as a player, an assistant coach, and a head coach? Only Mike Ditka and this Raider have accomplished this in NFL history?

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 02:36:30 AM »
In the 1995 draft, the Raiders held the #18 pick, which they used to select RB Napolean Kaufman.  What player was selected just before our pick at #17 by the NY Giants who eventually went on to become a Raider?
You better call up "Tyrone"......Wheatly?
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 02:34:09 AM »
How many Heisman Trophy winners have played for the Raiders?

Bonus question:  How many Heisman Trophy winners have the Raiders drafted?
9 Heisman Trophy winners........
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 04:45:16 PM »
How many Heisman Trophy winners have played for the Raiders?

Bonus question:  How many Heisman Trophy winners have the Raiders drafted?

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »
In the 1995 draft, the Raiders held the #18 pick, which they used to select RB Napolean Kaufman.  What player was selected just before our pick at #17 by the NY Giants who eventually went on to become a Raider?

Raider Jake

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »
Who was the receiver signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 1993 that led the NFL in yards per catch his rookie season?

James Jett

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »
What linebacker was drafted in 1993 from Colorado in the 7th round and lead the team in tackles for six seasons, played for the Raiders for nine?......................Hint: Played in the playoff game that we got shafted in?..... >:(
Greg Beikert.
Correct!..... In my opinion, Beikert played with a lot of heart and dedication throughout his career...

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
Who was the receiver signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 1993 that led the NFL in yards per catch his rookie season?

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 01:56:57 PM »
What linebacker was drafted in 1993 from Colorado in the 7th round and lead the team in tackles for six seasons, played for the Raiders for nine?......................Hint: Played in the playoff game that we got shafted in?..... >:(
Greg Beikert.

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 12:25:55 PM »
After that same season we lost over $500k and were hemorrhaging.........We most most like would have folded after after one year of existence.

What NFL team and owner gave us a loan to continue?
[/quote  Answer: Ralph Wilson...

Nice.....that's correct! I didn't know this until recently....pretty funny when you think about it.

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
After that same season we lost over $500k and were hemorrhaging.........We most most like would have folded after after one year of existence.

[/quote  Answer: Ralph Wilson...

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »
how about some RNP trivia who was the first ever caller on the boneline?

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 11:37:01 AM »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »
kezar stadium

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 10:24:49 PM »
14?

MadRaiders#32

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »
What placekicker took over for Jeff Jaegar following the 1995 season?

colorado.chris

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »
#28 1974

raidersully

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
The Dolphins "sea of hands"

colorado.chris

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
Mercer ?

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »
hahahah Greg, you're so fucking right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I for sure thought I wouldn't be renewing, but then I thought I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I'm not at the coliseum 10 times a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11 with the Raider Nation Celebration!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:50:12 AM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »
Now thats for sure........Looks like tickets again this year..............When will learn............Just when you think you're out.........They draw you right back in.........Go Raiders of "09"!! :o :o :o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:49:15 AM by Randy »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 03:52:27 AM »
hahaha it was a tough year but watching the raiders the last two games made me want to see them just one more game!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:48:30 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 11:02:53 PM »
Question:

This one is probably pretty easy. I'll make it a multiple answer question to make it a little tougher. (I remember watching this one at the firehouse early in my career):

The Raiders were playing on the road in the playoffs in snowy conditions. They were up by less than a field goal, and the other team had moved the ball into the red zone (I think between the 10 and 15  yard lines). There was less than a minute on the clock. The other team was nervous about trying a field goal, because their kicker had missed one earlier due to the icy, slowy conditions. So they threw the ball into the end zone. It was intercepted by a Raiders D-back to end the game.

1) Who were the Raiders playing?

2) Who intercepted the ball

3) Who threw the ball

Bonus: Who did the Raiders go on to play in the next round of the playoffs? (The AFC Championship Game I believe)
Was it the Cleveland Browns in Cleveland?....and they beat them by  2 points...I can't remember that QB name but he was a short timer that got hot and I want to say Mike Haynes picked it off but that game was 29 season's ago in 1980 season when I was 6.....so I am little foggy on that one!... I know we went on too the A.F.C. Championship game and Beat the S.D. Chargers in S.D. to goto the Super Bowl and Dan fouts was their QB!.

... I feel Old I have only missed 20 years of Raider Football DUE to not being Born yet or old enough to understand Football!

You're right, it was vs the Cleveland Browns....but it was Mike Davis who intercepted the ball. I think it was Brian Sipe who threw it, but I'd have to look it up to verify it for sure.

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »
The Offseason is here...................Now what????? ???

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 09:54:59 PM »
mike in a way thats a good bet and not a good bet its a good bet because i hate the niners and you hate the niners but why embarrass our logo on a guy that aint a raider fan? i would hate to put our beloved unique logo on someone who hates the raiders! and not many niner fans are really "die hard" so i dont think itd make to much of a difference on them! now id hate to see you with a niner tatoo that would blow!!!!!!!! youd get shit for the rest of your life!!!! and he would love to see that because he knows how much you love the raiders how much he likes the niners is questionable!! i think its really a lose situation for you! lets just hope if that ever happens the raiders smash them!

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »
Question #7

How many A.F.C. Championship games have the Raiders been too?

Bonus: The Raiders are the only team in N.F.L. Super Bowl History 1966-present(well you can count AFL/NFL 1960 seasons and up too).... they (Raiders) got to how many Championship games in a ROW!?

Not Enough  ;D

I know to advance to a superbowl you need 5 wins in AFC Championship game... so there is 5.
I know the Raiders lost to the Broncos in the 70's and to the Tuck Rule game this century... there is another 2.

Does the AFL Championship games include in the AFC Championship tally... cause we all can't forget the dreaded immaculate Reception game? Was that in the AFL or AFC (i remember the footage in black and white)

Off the top of my head I'm guessing 12 or 13???

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
Question:

This one is probably pretty easy. I'll make it a multiple answer question to make it a little tougher. (I remember watching this one at the firehouse early in my career):

The Raiders were playing on the road in the playoffs in snowy conditions. They were up by less than a field goal, and the other team had moved the ball into the red zone (I think between the 10 and 15  yard lines). There was less than a minute on the clock. The other team was nervous about trying a field goal, because their kicker had missed one earlier due to the icy, slowy conditions. So they threw the ball into the end zone. It was intercepted by a Raiders D-back to end the game.

1) Who were the Raiders playing?

2) Who intercepted the ball

3) Who threw the ball

Bonus: Who did the Raiders go on to play in the next round of the playoffs? (The AFC Championship Game I believe)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »
Guess this one was harder for you guys than I thought well the answer is:

Eric Turner -this guy was awesome he always turned games around for us I loved this guy!...R.I.P Turner you will never be forgotten by this Fan!.

Oh I knew that one....just reading through these questions now for the 1st time.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »
Question #6

This one is easy layup!

How many Raiders are in the Hall Of Fame?  Include coach..

I'm not sure without looking. I'm sure I'll probably leave one or two that I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'll try...

Jim Otto
Willie Brown
Art Shell
Gene Upshaw
Ted Hendricks
Marcus Allen
Howie Long
John Madden
James Lofton
Ronnie Lott

I'm probably leaving out some old-timer who played in the 60's that I never actually saw play.
How did I do?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 12:14:50 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 01:32:21 AM »
...I'll take a swing at you double bonus question: Randy bought season tickets in 1984 April? Blind guess!

No, I bought my first season tickets before the start of the 1980 season. Right when I joined the fire department.

raidernick91

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »
O shit i know it i think...

is it the Kezar Stadium in San Francisco???

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
napoleon kaufman

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »
The three Int's were by Rod Martin........Thats a stud for sure!!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:45:01 AM »
Ok one more before I go too bed and Keep it going guys if got a Brain buster POST it!

Question #2

Who was the Raider who Set a SB Record of 3 INT'S to seal a 27-10 ASS kicking of the Eagles?

NO CHEATING!

Bonus Question:  Who did a video interview of him on Raider Nation Videocast and talked about his 3 interceptions....and what was the RNV episode number?

Double Bonus:  Who bought their first Raiders season tickets 3 months after that Superbowl win?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:48:31 AM by Randy »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:11:21 AM »
seahawks?

RAIDER MIKE

Oakland Raider Trivia!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:10:22 AM »
Well I got a sweet DVD for Christmas on all the Raiders SB victorys pretty cool but watching gave me a idea to start a new thread-Raider Trivia....So without being a dumb ass and have to use a search Engine like (Google or Yahoo) Be a man and use the Honor system from your BRAIN and Raider Hood lets see if you guys can answer the first Trivia Question it's fairly easy so take a shot Really!!!

Question #1

Who was in our Divison that is not anymore and now is in the N.F.C.?

Hint: this happened not too long ago in terms of the Raiders Existance and this team was an expansion team...There, I gave it Away!

NO CHEATING! who can answer that, preferably Fans who been following the Raiders less than 10 years!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:46:01 AM by Randy »