Author Topic: Bo Jackson ...... What an athlete !  (Read 818 times)

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Re: Bo Jackson ...... What an athlete !
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
Bo Jackson best RB ever! He would be hit and  keep running and give hits, come straight a you.  Growing up I would copy his style of play, wanted to be just like him playing on the football field! My hero, man! Remarkable one of a kind. 8)
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
Best fucking running back ever!  If only he would have put down that damn bat and glove and played football full time.  That son of a bitch would have owned every record in the book if he would have just run out of bounds instead of trying to get those extra yards against the bengals.   I own two throwback jerseys, one for me and and one for my wife.  I also have an autographed authentic helmet from TRi-star.  Best 300$ I ever spent.   I would encourage everyone to purchase a Mcfarlane Football figurine of him.  It kicks ass.

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34:39 AM »
Much as I loved the Seahawks game, it was flattening Steve Atwater, who was no mean tackler, that sticks in my mind.

Bo was the very definition of awesome. The power of Brandon Jacobs with the speed of Sproles.

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 07:31:17 AM »
ONLY THROWBACK I HAVE .......... HERE'S WHY ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtI4Q2nB3D8

Oh man that video almost brings a tear to the eye.  Three things you can say about Bo:  Bo didn't get hit...he hit his man, he didn't run out of bounds, and he didn't get caught from behind :)

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 04:20:52 AM »
ONLY THROWBACK I HAVE .......... HERE'S WHY ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtI4Q2nB3D8
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline diehardessexraider

• Rookie Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:46:11 AM »
Absolutely right....what an athlete 225 pounds and he could run a 4.2 40, and he could also run over people as well, the monday night game in Seattle was a classic example, he had about 200 yards after only 9 carries, the Seachickens couldn't stop him on sweeps and outside runs, he was too fast. i think Tom Flores made a big mistake that game when he stopped running Bo on the outside after the game was effectively won and ran him inside, if he had continued running sweeps and outside plays i have no doubt that we would have seen the NFLs first 300 yard rushing performance that night. Go Raiders!!!
Pride & Poise

Offline Big Raider Dave

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 07:31:02 PM »
Bo is one of my favorite Raiders of all time. I purchased his throwback jersey this year which I wore in New York & will be wearing when I come to Oakland for the game against the Condiments. A great player who could have possibly been one of the games greatest if he hadn't gotten injured. He also only played part of the season due to his baseball commitments. Who Knows, Bo Knows.
"Randall, put that Ipod away"

ghost2post

Bo Jackson ...... What an athlete !
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »
Joining the Raiders midway through the 1987 season, Jackson rushed for 554 yards on 81 carries in just seven games. Over the next three seasons, Bo Jackson would rush for 2,228 more yards and 12 touchdowns: a remarkable achievement, in light of the fact that he was a "second string" player behind Marcus Allen.

Jackson turned in a 221-yard rushing performance on Monday Night Football in 1987 against the Seattle Seahawks. During this game, he ran over Seahawks linebacker Brian Bosworth, who had insulted Jackson and promised in a media event before the game to contain Jackson. He also made a 91-yard run to the outside, untouched down the sideline. He continued sprinting until finally slowing down as he passed through the entrance to the field tunnel to the dressing rooms with teammates soon following. Jackson scored two rushing touchdowns and one receiving touchdown in the game.

In his four seasons in the NFL, Jackson rushed for 2,782 yards and 16 touchdowns with an average yards per carry of 5.4. He also caught 40 passes for 352 yards and two touchdowns. Jackson's 221 yards on November 30, 1987, just 29 days after his first NFL carry, is still a Monday Night Football record.

(From Wickipedia)