RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Miscellaneous Raiders/NFL Topics (If you can't find your topic on the boards)

(1/10) > >>

Matty Raider:

--- Quote from: Revolutionary Raider on February 26, 2014, 06:47:06 PM ---I hate Twitter. There's been plenty of topics to discuss and debate. There's many other message boards thriving with discussion such as Silver & Black Pride. I've been with this site since its inception (on third account) and there used to be discussion year round. Raider Rick, Raider Mike, Miller dude everyone used to argue with, Juan George, HellRaider, you two, and many others. We need to bring life back here. Sad to see one of my top favorite sites for years become so desolate. The community has vanished.

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on February 25, 2014, 12:02:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Randy on February 20, 2014, 05:53:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Revolutionary Raider on February 19, 2014, 12:56:45 AM ---What happened to the community here? Where did the Nation go?

--- End quote ---

I know....the off season I guess?

The combine is going on....free agency coming up. Then the draft. Things should pick up...I hope.

--- End quote ---

This place and other message boards use to be popular

But then twitter was invented and I believe that has been the death of Internet forums.

I still pop my head in here cause the RNP introduced and welcomed me to raider nation... But I have found a lot of message boards have been experiencing long and painful deaths and if anyone is to blame it's twitter in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree. I am always on Silver & Black Pride, though I don't post.  Twitter sucks dude.  Narcissistic bullshit.   What happened to Hellraider, NC Raider, the guy from North Carolina?  Juan?  At least the Podcast gets regular callers.  Next time I call in I'm telling people to get on here again.  I miss the back and forth.

Raider_D:

--- Quote from: RAIDER MIKE on February 27, 2014, 07:01:17 PM ---Johnny is a spark plug that could be worth it but ....QB's in the draft makes Me cringe .... I'd like to see them draft Clowney...but people cry about his work ethic which is funny cause they get that opinion based off sound bites from coaches etc.... So they actually haven't coached him or been around him but they question his work ethic .... I mean it's hard not to say he's about money....but so what if he is....some players dream of making a great living playing a game they love... I think he dropped off last year cause he was required to play 3 years of college to be eligible for the NFL cause of his HS time ....I think his speed and dynamic talent has nothing but upside and considering we need a pass rusher BADLY... I think it's a no brainier to draft him because our division has some of the best QB's in it and we need to get them on their backs to win division games...that's how you really build a team...is build it around your division

--- End quote ---

Completely agree. I do not see a real franchise QB in the draft this year. I rather build a defense and this year work with what we got on offense and work in free agency. Seahawks do not have the greatest QB he is average but their defense is solid form all positions. To have a chance in our division we need that sort of defense. We are not outscoring anyone.

RAIDER MIKE:
Johnny is a spark plug that could be worth it but ....QB's in the draft makes Me cringe .... I'd like to see them draft Clowney...but people cry about his work ethic which is funny cause they get that opinion based off sound bites from coaches etc.... So they actually haven't coached him or been around him but they question his work ethic .... I mean it's hard not to say he's about money....but so what if he is....some players dream of making a great living playing a game they love... I think he dropped off last year cause he was required to play 3 years of college to be eligible for the NFL cause of his HS time ....I think his speed and dynamic talent has nothing but upside and considering we need a pass rusher BADLY... I think it's a no brainier to draft him because our division has some of the best QB's in it and we need to get them on their backs to win division games...that's how you really build a team...is build it around your division 

Raider_D:
Is anyone seriously interested in having Johnny as our QB. the later is gets the more i see the boards having us take him. Me personally...not worth it. He might be a good project(we had enough of those) but i would rather take a bridgewater or bortles. I would much rather take any other posistion other than QB tho. I just do not see it in the QBs this year. Ic ould be wrong but Sammy(WR) or a nNix(DT) looks better than QB right now

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: Revolutionary Raider on February 26, 2014, 06:47:06 PM ---I hate Twitter. There's been plenty of topics to discuss and debate. There's many other message boards thriving with discussion such as Silver & Black Pride. I've been with this site since its inception (on third account) and there used to be discussion year round. Raider Rick, Raider Mike, Miller dude everyone used to argue with, Juan George, HellRaider, you two, and many others. We need to bring life back here. Sad to see one of my top favorite sites for years become so desolate. The community has vanished.

--- End quote ---

But it's not just here & it's not just twitter. (it's facebook/instagram etc)

people are staying connected with the topics they love by communicating with others (mutual friends, friends of friends) on subjects that matter to them.

The Warriors & Athletics forums that i visit seem to be going through their own slow death... so it's nothing of Randy or Greg fault.. before messageboards there was chat rooms (anyone remember MIRC?) ... go on MIRC now it's a bunch of hackers sharing wikileaks files etc ... where as MIRC use to be a thriving online chat community. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version