Author Topic: Miscellaneous Raiders/NFL Topics (If you can't find your topic on the boards)  (Read 48310 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
How the Owners of All 32 NFL Teams Made Their Money
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: What happened to the community here? Where did the Nation go?
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
I hate Twitter. There's been plenty of topics to discuss and debate. There's many other message boards thriving with discussion such as Silver & Black Pride. I've been with this site since its inception (on third account) and there used to be discussion year round. Raider Rick, Raider Mike, Miller dude everyone used to argue with, Juan George, HellRaider, you two, and many others. We need to bring life back here. Sad to see one of my top favorite sites for years become so desolate. The community has vanished.

What happened to the community here? Where did the Nation go?

I know....the off season I guess?

The combine is going on....free agency coming up. Then the draft. Things should pick up...I hope.

This place and other message boards use to be popular

But then twitter was invented and I believe that has been the death of Internet forums.

I still pop my head in here cause the RNP introduced and welcomed me to raider nation... But I have found a lot of message boards have been experiencing long and painful deaths and if anyone is to blame it's twitter in my opinion.

I agree. I am always on Silver & Black Pride, though I don't post.  Twitter sucks dude.  Narcissistic bullshit.   What happened to Hellraider, NC Raider, the guy from North Carolina?  Juan?  At least the Podcast gets regular callers.  Next time I call in I'm telling people to get on here again.  I miss the back and forth.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
Johnny is a spark plug that could be worth it but ....QB's in the draft makes Me cringe .... I'd like to see them draft Clowney...but people cry about his work ethic which is funny cause they get that opinion based off sound bites from coaches etc.... So they actually haven't coached him or been around him but they question his work ethic .... I mean it's hard not to say he's about money....but so what if he is....some players dream of making a great living playing a game they love... I think he dropped off last year cause he was required to play 3 years of college to be eligible for the NFL cause of his HS time ....I think his speed and dynamic talent has nothing but upside and considering we need a pass rusher BADLY... I think it's a no brainier to draft him because our division has some of the best QB's in it and we need to get them on their backs to win division games...that's how you really build a team...is build it around your division

Completely agree. I do not see a real franchise QB in the draft this year. I rather build a defense and this year work with what we got on offense and work in free agency. Seahawks do not have the greatest QB he is average but their defense is solid form all positions. To have a chance in our division we need that sort of defense. We are not outscoring anyone.

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!
Johnny is a spark plug that could be worth it but ....QB's in the draft makes Me cringe .... I'd like to see them draft Clowney...but people cry about his work ethic which is funny cause they get that opinion based off sound bites from coaches etc.... So they actually haven't coached him or been around him but they question his work ethic .... I mean it's hard not to say he's about money....but so what if he is....some players dream of making a great living playing a game they love... I think he dropped off last year cause he was required to play 3 years of college to be eligible for the NFL cause of his HS time ....I think his speed and dynamic talent has nothing but upside and considering we need a pass rusher BADLY... I think it's a no brainier to draft him because our division has some of the best QB's in it and we need to get them on their backs to win division games...that's how you really build a team...is build it around your division 

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
Is anyone seriously interested in having Johnny as our QB. the later is gets the more i see the boards having us take him. Me personally...not worth it. He might be a good project(we had enough of those) but i would rather take a bridgewater or bortles. I would much rather take any other posistion other than QB tho. I just do not see it in the QBs this year. Ic ould be wrong but Sammy(WR) or a nNix(DT) looks better than QB right now

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
I hate Twitter. There's been plenty of topics to discuss and debate. There's many other message boards thriving with discussion such as Silver & Black Pride. I've been with this site since its inception (on third account) and there used to be discussion year round. Raider Rick, Raider Mike, Miller dude everyone used to argue with, Juan George, HellRaider, you two, and many others. We need to bring life back here. Sad to see one of my top favorite sites for years become so desolate. The community has vanished.

But it's not just here & it's not just twitter. (it's facebook/instagram etc)

people are staying connected with the topics they love by communicating with others (mutual friends, friends of friends) on subjects that matter to them.

The Warriors & Athletics forums that i visit seem to be going through their own slow death... so it's nothing of Randy or Greg fault.. before messageboards there was chat rooms (anyone remember MIRC?) ... go on MIRC now it's a bunch of hackers sharing wikileaks files etc ... where as MIRC use to be a thriving online chat community. 

Offline Revolutionary Raider

• Rookie Member
  • Positive thinking is powerful magic.
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »

The combine is going on....free agency coming up. Then the draft. Things should pick up...I hope.

But then twitter was invented and I believe that has been the death of Internet forums.

I still pop my head in here cause the RNP introduced and welcomed me to raider nation... But I have found a lot of message boards have been experiencing long and painful deaths and if anyone is to blame it's twitter in my opinion.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 12:02:55 AM »

Offline Autumn Wind Williams

• Rookie Member
    • Keep the Raiders in Oakland
The reason why I want Clowney as top draft and not a QB...
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »
Do you all recall last season being upset that we didn't add more depth to our defense? Yeah in the beginning of the season the defense did great. However, we was missing a young pass rusher like Jadeveon Clowney.

Yeah later in the draft we can pick a quarterback. But note that if you are anxious to start a rookie quarterback you are dealing with someone that is risky again. Both Pryor and Mcgloin now have enough experience to perform better and fix their weaknesses. And also learned other teams weaknesses that they faced in 2013.

I could be wrong about not picking a QB first but, what I see happening again if so:

1. Dennis Allen press conference-"uhh uhh listen we starting a young quarterback that needs time to grow & develope uhh"
2. A top drafted qb on practice squad, and later acquired by another team.(Tyler Wilson)
3. Round 3 of the quarterback controversy and the lack of continuity with 1 main QB on the field.
4. The Raider Nation calling the bone line wanting the Raiders to change quarterbacks again.
5. Reggie and D.A. Kicking Rocks down the road

Play it safe! First get Clowney and beef up that defense, get the O-line legit, bring back Jason Campbell, and maybe get a qb later in the draft.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZ2vmBEdEc

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2014, 05:53:04 PM »

Offline Revolutionary Raider

• Rookie Member
  • Positive thinking is powerful magic.

Offline Autumn Wind Williams

• Rookie Member
    • Keep the Raiders in Oakland
 :-\ I didn't know where to post this. But this song fits perfect for dedicating to the media about all of the Oakland Raiders rumors they keep making up. TIMEX SOCIAL CLUB RUMORS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRte0S2a_dA

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
"Congratulations to the Kings," Davis told CSNCalifornia.com. "The Silver and Black just won, baby." ;)

Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Killer of Fred Biletnikoff's daughter Tracey gets 55 years to life
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 11:32:11 PM »
Killer of Fred Biletnikoff's daughter Tracey gets 55 years to life
Joshua Melvin, BayAreaNewsGroup

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_20857552/killer-raiders-stars-daughter-gets-55-life-prison

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Biletnikoff Golf Classic June 4 in Lincoln, California
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
The Fred Biletnikoff Hall of Fame Golf Classic/ Oakland Raiders Tournament is set for June 4, 2012 in Lincoln, CA.
Raiders.com

The Fred Biletnikoff Hall of Fame Golf Classic/Oakland Raiders Tournament, presented by the Biletnikoff Foundation, is set for June 4, 2012. The tournament will be held at Catta Verdera Country Club, in Lincoln, Calif., near Sacramento.

Every year, the event includes an amazing day of golf with celebrities from across the nation along with: continental breakfast, amazing tee prizes, on-course contests, 19th Hole Reception and dinner. As always, there will be plenty of food and drink with entertainment throughout the day.

Article:
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Biletnikoff-Golf-Classic-June-4/5ade50cd-ecfb-4d63-96ab-2dd700f5079c

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
5 Toughest Games for Raiders in 2012
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »
Something I stumbled across....one opinion on the Raiders' 5 toughest games in 2012:

Week 1: San Diego @ Oakland.  Generally, games in Week 1 don't mean much.  Nevertheless, this Monday night matchup should provide some indication on the direction of both clubs as well as the AFC West.  The Raiders start the season with what appears to be a gruelling six weeks, so a win in the division will be valuable.

Week 2: Oakland @ Miami.  The Dolphins always give the Raiders fits, even when they stink.  Okay, the Phins don't have a legitimate quarterback, but the Raiders will head East on a short week for an early game in the Miami heat of September.  The Raiders had, basically, the same situation in week 2 of 2011 against the Buffalo Bills and choked.

Week 3: Pittsburgh @ Oakland.  This should go without saying.  Matchups with the Steelers are always a heated contest.  At the same time, the Steelers might be a dud in 2011.  I say that because of how the Steelers lost to the Broncos in the playoffs.  That probably won't carry-over to 2012... but it might.  Either way, this will be the third game in what appears to be a brutal start to 2012 before heading to Denver.

Week 10: Oakland @ Baltimore.  Not only is this a road game back East for an early kickoff, but the Ravens are the most talented team, on paper, that the Raiders will face in 2012.

Week 16: Oakland @ Carolina.  My gut evaluation of the NFC South is that the Panthers could be a dark-horse.  Linebackers Thomas Davis and Jon Beason will return from injuries, and in my mind, the Panthers would only be a defensive-tackle away from being legitimate contender to win the division.  A late December game can often have playoff implications for both teams, so this definitely stands out.  Moreover, the game will start a two game road trip to end the season and is slated for December 23--obviously, two days before Christmas.  This stands out as a game that will be mentally and physically gruelling for the Raiders.

Complete article:
http://raidernationtimes.com/article.php?id=8759

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Raider Nation at the 2012 ASPARAGUS FESTIVAL!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »
Raider Nation at the 2012 ASPARAGUS FESTIVAL!!!
http://www.raiders.com/media-lounge/photo-gallery/2012-Asparagus-Festival/0a937606-a0c6-4a42-8c38-61074ef89e03

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!  The Nation representin' for vegetables even!   ;D

I LOVE that the Oakland Raiders are donating 10% of season tickets prchased in the new few months to local schools.  That is awesome, and very classy.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Re: New Raiders Nike uniforms
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
So Nike is unveiling the 2012 NFL Uniforms today...I actually hope they don't change anything to the Raiders unis.

Raiders silver and black is timeless, just like Yankee pinstripes.  No gimmicks wanted, thank you very much.

As for the apparel though, I am sure it will be sick.  New stuff is already out @ Raider Image

http://www.raiderimage.com/
New Nike uniforms - Raiders Jersey Features Few Changes
Possibly larger numbers? Plus the Nike swoosh on the left arm.
Larger numbers is not officially announced. Just an opinion from whoever posted these photos.
He admits that it may just be the angle of the photo that makes the numbers look larger.
Plus....the photos look kind of cartoonish...like a Madden game graphic.
The guy in this photo looks like he has about a 20 inch waist.
Must be "Raider Ken". Where's Raider Barbie?

http://nikeinc.com/nfltechsheet.html

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/4/3/2922724/nike-nfl-jerseys-2012-oakland-raiders-uniforms/in/2686543

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1130570-oakland-raiders-nike-uniforms-first-impressions-from-unveiling-of-2012-unforms

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2012/04/photos-nfl-unveils-new-uniforms-for-all-32-teams/32964/

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7770600/seahawks-aside-nike-unveiling-reveals-only-small-changes-most-nfl-uniforms
Yeah, I hope they dont change the unis either they fine the way they are... and I see New Era are gonna be making the caps "thats cool!!" 8)
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
New Raiders Nike uniforms
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 01:21:34 PM »
So Nike is unveiling the 2012 NFL Uniforms today...I actually hope they don't change anything to the Raiders unis.

Raiders silver and black is timeless, just like Yankee pinstripes.  No gimmicks wanted, thank you very much.

As for the apparel though, I am sure it will be sick.  New stuff is already out @ Raider Image

New Nike uniforms - Raiders Jersey Features Few Changes
Possibly larger numbers? Plus the Nike swoosh on the left arm.
Larger numbers is not officially announced. Just an opinion from whoever posted these photos.
He admits that it may just be the angle of the photo that makes the numbers look larger.
Plus....the photos look kind of cartoonish...like a Madden game graphic.
The guy in this photo looks like he has about a 20 inch waist.
Must be "Raider Ken". Where's Raider Barbie?

http://nikeinc.com/nfltechsheet.html

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/4/3/2922724/nike-nfl-jerseys-2012-oakland-raiders-uniforms/in/2686543

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1130570-oakland-raiders-nike-uniforms-first-impressions-from-unveiling-of-2012-unforms

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2012/04/photos-nfl-unveils-new-uniforms-for-all-32-teams/32964/

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7770600/seahawks-aside-nike-unveiling-reveals-only-small-changes-most-nfl-uniforms
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:05:17 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer

- George Orwell

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Looking at Athletics Schedule & how it might influence Raiders schedule
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »
Gut feeling is the Raiders will open their season at home. The Athletics are on the road, So it only makes sense that we will be playing at home.

WEEK 1
Sunday, September 9   @Seattle   1:10 PM   CSNCA   
Monday, September 10   @LA Angels   7:05 PM   CSNCA   

In week 2 we can all but rule out a home game on Thursday night (I think I heard that the league is doing 16 Thursday night games this year) the reason we won't be playing on Thursday night is because the Athletics play the Oriels on Friday 14th September... So it looks like we are on the road in week 2.

WEEK 2
Thursday, September 13   @LA Angels   12:35 PM   CSNCA   
Sunday, September 16   vs. Baltimore   1:05 PM   CSNCA   

Week 3... I guess we will be back home to utilise our field. Thursday, Sunday & Monday games are all legitimate options

WEEK 3
Thursday, September 20   @Detroit   10:05 AM   
Sunday, September 23   @NY Yankees   10:05 AM   CSNCA   
Monday, September 24   @Texas   5:05 PM   CSNCA   

Week 4.. Best bet is we are back on the road. I don't know the change around time for a Thursday night NFL game & then a Friday Night baseball game.. perhaps they could do it in 24 hours. But I don't think the NFL Schedules would want to create that kind of burden for the MLB.

WEEK 4
Thursday, September 27   @Texas   11:05 AM   
Sunday, September 30   vs. Seattle   1:05 PM   CSNCA   
Monday, October 1   vs. Texas   7:05 PM   CSNCA   

So my prediction is
W1 - HOME
W2 - ROAD
W3 - HOME
W4 - ROAD

Does anyone know how the Athletics playoffs appearance effects the Raiders scheduled home games????

Offline Tokai Raider

Re: Go Ben-Gals!
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
"Unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual ... acts." Ooh, sexting? Dirty photos? Can we see them? And "sexual abuse" means ... the kid got to nail an NFL cheerleader? He must be the most popular guy on campus now ... except that now the NFL cheerleader is no longer teaching at their school. Did his mom find the evidence on his phone? Passcodes, people! Lock down your devices!

COVINGTON, Ky. -- The captain of the Cincinnati Ben-Gals cheerleading squad has been charged by a northern Kentucky grand jury with first-degree sexual abuse involving a student when she was a high school teacher.

The Kentucky Enquirer reports Sarah Jones, who is about 26, also was indicted on a charge of unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual or other prohibited acts.

Jones taught at Dixie Heights High School before resigning in November. Her mother, Cheryl Jones, principal of Twenhofel Middle School in Independence, was indicted on a charge of tampering with physical evidence in her daughter's case. She was placed on administrative leave.

Their lawyer, Charles T. Lester Jr., said both women will plead not guilty.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the club is aware of the case and had no comment.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7753351/cincinnati-bengals-cheerleader-sarah-jones-charged-first-degree-sexual-abuse

the more i dig into this, the funnier it gets. apparently the cheerleader was on anderson cooper because she was suing a website where people had posted that she has VD. and the lawyer she and her mother hired has his law license suspended. what, they couldn't hire saul from breaking bad? it's been too quiet in oaktown, with no insanity coming from alameda. where's the javon walker signing? the purple drank? the coach with his jaw broken? a cheerleader servicing kids? we need something to get us thru the offseason!

Offline Tokai Raider

Go Ben-Gals!
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
"Unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual ... acts." Ooh, sexting? Dirty photos? Can we see them? And "sexual abuse" means ... the kid got to nail an NFL cheerleader? He must be the most popular guy on campus now ... except that now the NFL cheerleader is no longer teaching at their school. Did his mom find the evidence on his phone? Passcodes, people! Lock down your devices!

COVINGTON, Ky. -- The captain of the Cincinnati Ben-Gals cheerleading squad has been charged by a northern Kentucky grand jury with first-degree sexual abuse involving a student when she was a high school teacher.

The Kentucky Enquirer reports Sarah Jones, who is about 26, also was indicted on a charge of unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual or other prohibited acts.

Jones taught at Dixie Heights High School before resigning in November. Her mother, Cheryl Jones, principal of Twenhofel Middle School in Independence, was indicted on a charge of tampering with physical evidence in her daughter's case. She was placed on administrative leave.

Their lawyer, Charles T. Lester Jr., said both women will plead not guilty.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the club is aware of the case and had no comment.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7753351/cincinnati-bengals-cheerleader-sarah-jones-charged-first-degree-sexual-abuse

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Good and Bad names for a football player
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »
When I was at my physical therapy appointment today, I was talking off-season football stuff with my physical therapist. He's a Packers fan transplant from Wisconsin, working in Oakland. He always asks me what's the latest Raiders news, what's happening with our podcast, then he tells me about Packers stuff and other NFL news he's heard about. In between we actually do some therapy on my elbow.  :D

Today, somehow the topic ended up on player's names. We were speculating on how much a player's name affects their success, popularity, etc. in the NFL. For instance, we wondered if a guy who happened to have a cool name.....like Joe Montana......would have become as popular if his name had been something like Orville Strump. ....not that there's anything wrong with that name....if anyone out there has it!  :o

So anyway, my therapist mentioned two players that are currently on the Packers team who had "unusual" names....that don't exactly roll off your tongue like Joe Montana, Ken Stabler, or Johnnie Unitas do. Shaky Smithson and Tori Gurley.

What do you guys think were some of the BEST football names, and some of the WORST?
Can you think of any?

Good name - One that sticks out for me is Colt McCoy - with that name, that kid was born to be a QB, regardless of how successful he is.  He is a tough kid as well, it's too bad he plays for the hapless Browns... :o

Bad name - Dunta Robinson of the Falcons.  I'm sorry but that first name is the WORST.  Jake Locker jumps out too...sounds like something you would secure your laser guns in... :P
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Good and Bad names for a football player
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »
When I was at my physical therapy appointment today, I was talking off-season football stuff with my physical therapist. He's a Packers fan transplant from Wisconsin, working in Oakland. He always asks me what's the latest Raiders news, what's happening with our podcast, then he tells me about Packers stuff and other NFL news he's heard about. In between we actually do some therapy on my elbow.  :D

Today, somehow the topic ended up on player's names. We were speculating on how much a player's name affects their success, popularity, etc. in the NFL. For instance, we wondered if a guy who happened to have a cool name.....like Joe Montana......would have become as popular if his name had been something like Orville Strump. ....not that there's anything wrong with that name....if anyone out there has it!  :o

So anyway, my therapist mentioned two players that are currently on the Packers team who had "unusual" names....that don't exactly roll off your tongue like Joe Montana, Ken Stabler, or Johnnie Unitas do. Shaky Smithson and Tori Gurley.

What do you guys think were some of the BEST football names, and some of the WORST?
Can you think of any?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:37:02 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Closing arguments began today in Tracey Biletnikoff murder retrial
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »
Closing arguments began today in Tracey Biletnikoff murder retrial
Closing arguments continue tomorrow (Tuesday).
http://belmont-ca.patch.com/articles/closing-arguments-heard-in-biletnikoff-murder-trial

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Bounty-Gate: What would everyone be saying if it had been the Raiders...
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 01:37:05 AM »
Bounty-Gate

What would everyone be saying if it had been the Raiders who had been putting bounties on other players? Don't you think they would be saying, "well what do you expect? It's the Raiders!" Don't you think?

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20097498

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7641279

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/saints_can_expect_harsh_penalt.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/54556/unfair-to-criticize-allen-in-saints-scandal
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:43:32 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Fumbalaya....I love it! (send to your 49er fan friends)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:33:01 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Did you guys see the two Metallica YouTube videos I have on our home page?
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »
I thought the first one (the larger one at the top of our home page) was interesting. Told the story of how Metallica ended up playing in the parking lot before that Raiders/Titans AFC Championship Game in Oakland on 1/19/2003

Last part of game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGljDgDd2kM

Box Score:
http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/2003011902

If you haven't seen the videos, check them out. Shows them practicing for the performance on 4 days notice, and shows some of the performance as well. Greg, you were out there...weren't you? I missed it damnit. Heard about it the next day. Came into the game from the other side of the stadium (before Greg and I were tailgating together) and didn't know this thing was going on in the parking lot on the other side.

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com

Here are direct links to the YouTube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnqCU3cbN7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep108XmliYU

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:07:01 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Season ticket renewals....first installment due February 18th (in 2 days)
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »
Just got this email reminder today, sent to all season ticket holders. First installment is due in two days.

by the way....I think parking may have gone up again. I have a prepaid parking pass, and they charged me $35/game for next season. Were we paying that much last year? I think it was less. Anyone who goes to the games remember?

On behalf of The Oakland Raiders, we would like to thank you for being a valued Season Ticket Holder.  As a reminder, the first renewal payment deadline of 25% of your total invoice amount is due by 7:00 p.m., February 18, 2011. Click here for more information about the 2011 renewal payment deadlines.

For the fourth year in a row, the Raiders would like to reward you for paying your Season Ticket invoice in full by the first renewal deadline. Pay your entire account balance by 7:00 p.m., February 18, 2011, and you will receive a Raider Image gift card.

• 1 Season Ticket = $25 Raider Image gift card; or
• 2 Season Tickets = $50 Raider Image gift card; or
• 3 Season Tickets = $100 Raider Image gift card; or
• 4+ Season Tickets = $200 Raider Image gift card.

Gift cards will be delivered to the account holder of record within six weeks of the final renewal deadline (May 27, 2011).

Bonus Benefit for Online Payment:

Pay your full account balance by 7:00 p.m., February 18, 2011 using My Raiders Account Manager and the Raiders will pay your Season Ticket handling fee.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:24:57 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
A "must have" book for every Raider fan's bookshelf...
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 02:34:31 AM »
New book............ Badasses: The Legend of Snake, Foo, Dr. Death, and John Madden's Oakland Raiders
RaiderTake says, "Trust me, don't think twice, just go out and buy the book. It belongs on the bookshelf of every Raiders fan."

http://raidertake.blogspot.com/2010/09/exclusive-badasses-author-interview.html

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
The "Rider Nation" (photos)
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
I was at our work today, down at our fire department drill grounds, for some training. I noticed a bicycle chained to a pole there, belonging to one of the firefighters who was working in our training division today. He had it outfitted with a special extended rear section, specially made with a saddle-bag type arrangement. He rides his bike to work, and with that special back end he can carry all of his firefighting gear strapped onto the back.

What caught my eye though, was a decal that he had on the wooden plank that goes across the back above the rear wheel. It said, "Rider Nation", had the same shape as the Raiders logo, but instead of crossed swords it had crossed bicycle forks. I just had to pull out my iPhone so you guys could see it. Check out the pictures below! The firefighter is Dave Brannigan, a member of the "Raider Nation" as well as the "Rider Nation".

You can see Dave in one of our videocasts taken at the home opener in '07. Check it out:
http://www.raidernationvideocast.com/video/rnv/Entries/2007/9/13_2007_Season_Home_Opener_vs_Detroit_Lions.html

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:04:12 PM by Randy »

Offline Big Raider Dave

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby
Re: Miscellaneous (If it doesn't fit into any of the other topics)
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 12:37:01 PM »
How about these 2 beauties

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:20:13 PM by Randy »
"Randall, put that Ipod away"

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
JaMarcus Russell/Stripe from Gremlins comparison...I DO see the resemblance!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
You're right Mike. I don't know why I didn't see it before. There is a STRONG resemblance!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:48:33 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »
NOW TELL ME THERE'S NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE! :D :D :D :D

I DOWNLOADED THIS APP THAT ALLOWS YOU TO DOODLE ON PICTURES ....THIS ONE WAS HARD TO DOODLE ON MY PHONE CAUSE MY PINKY IS THE NARROWEST FINGER TO DRAW THE STRIPE ON JA BUSTO.... BUT AT LEAST YOU ALL CAN SEE THE COMPARISON!.... HAHHAHHAHAHA NOT FAR OFF IS IT?

You did that on your PHONE? Wow Mike. That's pretty good.

raidersully

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 06:26:17 PM »

raidersully

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 06:04:20 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Which are the 49ers fans, which are the Raiders fans? Could you tell?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »
This is pretty funny. So, I'm sitting in my college history class when all the sudden while talking about white collar vs blue collar my teacher out of the blue says: "...I'm pretty sure that when it comes to football fans, you have the blue collar Raider fans, and then you have the white collar 49er fans." Now, she said this in a very arrogant manner talking down upon us, Nation. Of course, I wasn't going to just sit on my ass doing nothing, so then I unbuttoned my jacket to reveal my J-Money Jersey and held my jacket open wide enough to make myself a distraction for most of the class and stared her fat face down until I received an ever so unpleasant smirk back.

Haters! They're everywhere! ;D ;D

Oh yeah.....ALL of the 49ers fans are "White Collar".....and ALL of the Raiders fans are "Blue Collar". I'll bet if you went to a Raiders/49ers game.....and asked all of the 49ers fans to switch jerseys with the Raiders fans....both fan bases would still look pretty much the same.

Look at the photos below. Do you think your teacher could tell the Raiders fans from the 49ers fans without the jerseys?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:00:58 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raider Greg's Facebook page....become his "friend"
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »
Someone suggested we start a Facebook page.

We've had one for a while...probably a year or more. It's under the name RAIDER GREG. The link information is on this forum in the "How to Contact Us" section. Here is the link to that section:

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=63.0

Here a direct link to RAIDER GREG'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Raider-Greg/578132947

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Miscellaneous Raiders/NFL Topics (If you can't find your topic on the boards)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS SONG IS CALLED IN THE VIDEO THE ONE THAT GOES "WE READDDDY!!!" I ALWAYS hear IT AT RAIDER GAMES AND I WANT TO GET IT BUT I don't KNOW WHAT ITS CALLED OR WHO SINGS IT!

http://www.youtube.com/v/BWS-Ix8Wd2s&rel=1

The song is "We Ready" by Archie Eversole. There are several versions of it in the iTunes Store. You can listen to a 30 second preview of each.
I think this is the one you have probably heard:   http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=69242&s=143441&I=69214
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:56:57 PM by Randy »