RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Bad Boyz of BBQ Tailgate Party in Oakland

Come tailgate with us....email us or post here

<< < (4/5) > >>

Randy:

--- Quote from: TonyT on June 06, 2012, 08:30:30 PM ---I'm from Imperial valley, CA. and  just purchased some tickets for opening monday game, Any Planned get togethers at raiderville that day or opening game Eve?

--- End quote ---
We don't go to "Raiderville", which is a big area in the parking lot with big screen TVs, concessions where you can buy food and drinks, DJs from local sports talk on stage, etc. We tailgate with the Bad Boyz of BBQ (the best place to tailgate)..... where we record our Raider Nation Videocast usually. Lots of Raiders "Superfans" come by. Former Raiders too.  Details of location, etc. on the other thread of the tailgate section of our forum. Here's a link:
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=56.0

TonyT:
I'm from Imperial valley, CA. and  just purchased some tickets for opening monday game, Any Planned get togethers at raiderville that day or opening game Eve?

Randy:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on October 28, 2011, 05:59:37 PM ---Randy one thing you should mention is you need to weave through the buses/RVS in the RV section as the tailgate is not identifiable from the roadway that separates the RVs to the normal car parks.. My Aussie Friends said they got lost on my directions and would of been there half an hour earlier had i described to them to cut through the RVS and come down the back.

--- End quote ---

Good point. But you don't really have to weave through. That's one way to do it, but I think the easiest way is...if you're walking into the south lot (B lot) with the Coliseum at your back......there is a road that runs in that direction. If you walk down that road, you'll have the RVs on the left side of that road, and cars parking on the right side of that road. Continue walking on that road without walking into the RV section. Walk all the way to the end of that road until it T's into the perimeter road that circles the outer perimeter of Lot B. At that intersection you'll see a big tailgate party on the left called LA FAMILIA. Turn left there onto that perimeter road. It leads you right to our tailgate party. You'll pass the big dirt mound on your right, then the police cars, then right after that our tailgate party will be on the left side of that perimeter road. Easy! No weaving. No way to get lost.  ::)

NJ Raider Kev:

--- Quote from: RAIDER MIKE on October 04, 2011, 11:54:10 AM ---What game are you going to Kev?

--- End quote ---

My fiancĂ©e and myself will be at the Broncos game on November 6th.  Can't wait to meet all my Raider brethren!

Go Raiders!

NJ Raider Kev:

--- Quote from: Randy on October 04, 2011, 03:44:09 AM ---We usually get there around 9am for a 1:00 game.

I would say any time between 9 and 10 would be a good time to arrive if you want to have time to get your money's worth on Kirk's all-you-can-eat barbecue.
--- End quote ---

Randy, thanks for the very informative reply.  We're going to shoot for a 9am arrival.  I'm so psyched!

Go Raiders!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version