RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Bad Boyz of BBQ Tailgate Party in Oakland

Come tailgate with us....email us or post here

<< < (4/5) > >>

NJ Raider Kev:

--- Quote from: RAIDER MIKE on October 04, 2011, 11:54:10 AM ---What game are you going to Kev?

--- End quote ---

My fiancĂ©e and myself will be at the Broncos game on November 6th.  Can't wait to meet all my Raider brethren!

Go Raiders!

NJ Raider Kev:

--- Quote from: Randy on October 04, 2011, 03:44:09 AM ---We usually get there around 9am for a 1:00 game.

I would say any time between 9 and 10 would be a good time to arrive if you want to have time to get your money's worth on Kirk's all-you-can-eat barbecue.
--- End quote ---

Randy, thanks for the very informative reply.  We're going to shoot for a 9am arrival.  I'm so psyched!

Go Raiders!

Randy:

--- Quote from: NJ Raider Kev on October 03, 2011, 07:31:38 PM ---What time is best to show up for the tailgate? 

Go Raiders!

--- End quote ---
We usually get there around 9am for a 1:00 game. I think they open the parking lot 5 hours before kickoff, which would be 8am for a 1pm game. The parking attendants usually let Kingsford Kirk into the lot a little early, since he has so much stuff to set up for cooking. He usually has his tailgate party set up by 8 when the gates open, or shortly thereafter.

I would say any time between 9 and 10 would be a good time to arrive if you want to have time to get your money's worth on Kirk's all-you-can-eat barbecue. The morning games start at 10am, so we can watch those on the TVs we have set up with satellite. We usually have 4 games on. We usually do our videotaping between around 10:15 and 11:15 I'd say. No real rigid schedule, but it's usually in that area somewhere. That way we can have a little food first and give people a chance to show up.

After the fiasco at the 49ers/Raiders game in SF this preseason, they have beefed up security....which results in longer times in line going into the stadium. They recommend that you get in line at least an hour before kickoff, so that's what we've been trying to do.

NJ Raider Kev:
What time is best to show up for the tailgate? 

Go Raiders!

Randy:
After all that....posting the info to make sure you guys watched our tailgating buddies on Tailgate Warriors....I FORGOT TO WATCH! I was so busy working on the podcast, I worked right through the time it was aired. All I had to do was set my DVR, but did I do it? NO!

Anyway, I just noticed this article that the Raiders just posted on Raiders.com about the show. It has times that it will be re-aired (Oct. 29th and 30th), so if you screwed up like I did....you get a 2nd chance to see it! It looks like it airs at the same time regardless what time zone you're in, if I'm reading the article correctly. Check your local programming guide for the dates above to see the time in your area. Click the article link below:

http://youtu.be/7W2h8tHeFk4

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Fans-Win-Tailgate-Warriors-on-Food-Network/99e07163-320e-442f-ba7d-eb2f7c8a5728

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version