RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Bad Boyz of BBQ Tailgate Party in Oakland

Come tailgate with us....email us or post here

<< < (4/5) > >>

Randy:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on October 28, 2011, 05:59:37 PM ---Randy one thing you should mention is you need to weave through the buses/RVS in the RV section as the tailgate is not identifiable from the roadway that separates the RVs to the normal car parks.. My Aussie Friends said they got lost on my directions and would of been there half an hour earlier had i described to them to cut through the RVS and come down the back.

--- End quote ---

Good point. But you don't really have to weave through. That's one way to do it, but I think the easiest way is...if you're walking into the south lot (B lot) with the Coliseum at your back......there is a road that runs in that direction. If you walk down that road, you'll have the RVs on the left side of that road, and cars parking on the right side of that road. Continue walking on that road without walking into the RV section. Walk all the way to the end of that road until it T's into the perimeter road that circles the outer perimeter of Lot B. At that intersection you'll see a big tailgate party on the left called LA FAMILIA. Turn left there onto that perimeter road. It leads you right to our tailgate party. You'll pass the big dirt mound on your right, then the police cars, then right after that our tailgate party will be on the left side of that perimeter road. Easy! No weaving. No way to get lost.  ::)

NJ Raider Kev:

--- Quote from: RAIDER MIKE on October 04, 2011, 11:54:10 AM ---What game are you going to Kev?

--- End quote ---

My fiancĂ©e and myself will be at the Broncos game on November 6th.  Can't wait to meet all my Raider brethren!

Go Raiders!

NJ Raider Kev:

--- Quote from: Randy on October 04, 2011, 03:44:09 AM ---We usually get there around 9am for a 1:00 game.

I would say any time between 9 and 10 would be a good time to arrive if you want to have time to get your money's worth on Kirk's all-you-can-eat barbecue.
--- End quote ---

Randy, thanks for the very informative reply.  We're going to shoot for a 9am arrival.  I'm so psyched!

Go Raiders!

Randy:

--- Quote from: NJ Raider Kev on October 03, 2011, 07:31:38 PM ---What time is best to show up for the tailgate? 

Go Raiders!

--- End quote ---
We usually get there around 9am for a 1:00 game. I think they open the parking lot 5 hours before kickoff, which would be 8am for a 1pm game. The parking attendants usually let Kingsford Kirk into the lot a little early, since he has so much stuff to set up for cooking. He usually has his tailgate party set up by 8 when the gates open, or shortly thereafter.

I would say any time between 9 and 10 would be a good time to arrive if you want to have time to get your money's worth on Kirk's all-you-can-eat barbecue. The morning games start at 10am, so we can watch those on the TVs we have set up with satellite. We usually have 4 games on. We usually do our videotaping between around 10:15 and 11:15 I'd say. No real rigid schedule, but it's usually in that area somewhere. That way we can have a little food first and give people a chance to show up.

After the fiasco at the 49ers/Raiders game in SF this preseason, they have beefed up security....which results in longer times in line going into the stadium. They recommend that you get in line at least an hour before kickoff, so that's what we've been trying to do.

NJ Raider Kev:
What time is best to show up for the tailgate? 

Go Raiders!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version