Author Topic: Come tailgate with us....email us or post here  (Read 5246 times)

Offline Englishraider

• Hall Of Famer
    • Englishraider
Re: Come tailgate with us....email us or post here
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 07:39:30 AM »
Randy and Greg   I will be in Oakland this weekend for the game   be great to see you guys at the tailgate
"when you have great coaches then after you have great coaches you get great players and you have a great organisation and you tell them one thing Just Win Baby" Al Davis Superbowl XVIII

Offline UsamaYoMama

• Rookie Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »
I'm driving up from LA with my gf for the Redskins game on the 29th. I was wondering how we go about joining the tailgate party and what we need to do/bring???

You don't need to reserve in advance, just show up. We try to get to the tailgate party between 9-9:30. Kingsford Kirk and the Bad Boyz of BBQ put on a great spread of food. It's $25 for all-you-can-eat. Soft drinks and water are included. Alcohol isn't included, for liability reasons,so we bring our own beer and I'd suggest you do the same if you want beer. It's fine to drink there if you bring your own.

If you are planning to park your car inside the lot, you'll need to get in line pretty early. People start lining up by 7am or earlier. You might want to consider parking outside the lot, on the Hegenberger side. There is a gate in the fence on that side that's close to the tailgate party. We are right by the ramp that drops down from the elevated section of Hegenberger. There is a new BART extension being constructed that runs to the airport. Look for that (looks like an amusement park rollercoaster track) and there is a small BART station being constructed right there by where we tailgate. We are right next to that.

Actually....all this info is on another page in this section of the forum. Maybe you already saw it, but here is a link to that page, which includes a map, in case you didn't run across it.

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=56.0

Thanks a lot! We'll be there. GO RAIDERS!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 07:04:46 PM »
I'm driving up from LA with my gf for the Redskins game on the 29th. I was wondering how we go about joining the tailgate party and what we need to do/bring???

You don't need to reserve in advance, just show up. We try to get to the tailgate party between 9-9:30. Kingsford Kirk and the Bad Boyz of BBQ put on a great spread of food. It's $25 for all-you-can-eat. Soft drinks and water are included. Alcohol isn't included, for liability reasons,so we bring our own beer and I'd suggest you do the same if you want beer. It's fine to drink there if you bring your own.

If you are planning to park your car inside the lot, you'll need to get in line pretty early. People start lining up by 7am or earlier. You might want to consider parking outside the lot, on the Hegenberger side. There is a gate in the fence on that side that's close to the tailgate party. We are right by the ramp that drops down from the elevated section of Hegenberger. There is a new BART extension being constructed that runs to the airport. Look for that (looks like an amusement park rollercoaster track) and there is a small BART station being constructed right there by where we tailgate. We are right next to that.

Actually....all this info is on another page in this section of the forum. Maybe you already saw it, but here is a link to that page, which includes a map, in case you didn't run across it.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:10:18 PM by Randy »

Offline UsamaYoMama

• Rookie Member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »

Offline Crusader Raider

• Hall Of Famer
  • The 'Crusader Raider' to the Bay from the UK
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 07:23:05 AM »
Looking forward to joining you guys again at the Eagles game as the Crusader Raider starts his 2013 , 30,000 miles trips from the UK to see four Raiders games !
On a Crusade for the Nation around the world

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Bad Boyz of BBQ featured in CBS Sports segment in Oakland (with RaiderWilde)
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 10:46:08 PM »
Here's a video I ran across on YouTube. The host of the video wants to see what Raider Nation is really like, and where does she start her search? At our Bad Boyz of BBQ tailgate party! Oscar "RaiderWilde" from Australia is interviewed. I didn't know about this Oscar!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gM9U_q8yNd4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gM9U_q8yNd4</a>

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: A video that features Bad Boyz of BBQ, Rickys, Raider Nation
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 04:28:50 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk21c8Kt9a8

Tailgate 32 team rolls across the Bay Bridge to check out Raider Nation. The already weary boys don't catch any breaks though—they've got a 4am wake-up call to pick up fresh oysters and salmon for the tailgate with Kingsford Kirk. Follow them to Ricky's, the place for Raiders fans to meet up the night before the game, and then into the lots as they seek out some of the most notorious fans in the league.

Hey thanks for posting this video Kev! I hadn't run across that one. Now I know who belonged to that big RV that was at our tailgate party a few weeks ago. I reposted this video on our Facebook page. A nice picture of Oakland from different angles, and really nice feature on Kingsford Kirk's BBQ production.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zk21c8Kt9a8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Zk21c8Kt9a8</a>
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:54:16 PM by Randy »

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
A video that features Bad Boyz of BBQ, Rickys, Raider Nation
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk21c8Kt9a8

Tailgate 32 team rolls across the Bay Bridge to check out Raider Nation. The already weary boys don't catch any breaks though—they've got a 4am wake-up call to pick up fresh oysters and salmon for the tailgate with Kingsford Kirk. Follow them to Ricky's, the place for Raiders fans to meet up the night before the game, and then into the lots as they seek out some of the most notorious fans in the league.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:54:27 PM by Randy »
Proud Fan Since '72

CanaJay

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »
Howdy!  My friend and I are coming down to the game on Sunday against the steelers.  We're making the trip from Alberta, Canada and would love to come tailgate with you all before the game!  We've been long time Raider fans and this will be our first time to a game and we're both pumped to watch the Raiders beat up on ben and the others.

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
Just booked flights for Baltimore  ;D

excitement level 8.75/10 at this point

8)
twitter @extramannish

Offline Crusader Raider

• Hall Of Famer
  • The 'Crusader Raider' to the Bay from the UK
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 03:14:18 AM »
I will be at the home game v Tampa Bay when I look forward to tailgating with the Raidernation, also will be going on road trips to Baltimore and San Diego regards Keith Smith the "Crusader Raider' London, England, Go Raidrs !
On a Crusade for the Nation around the world

TonyT

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
Randy, thanks for the great info, hope to be there.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:53:15 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »
I'm from Imperial valley, CA. and  just purchased some tickets for opening monday game, Any Planned get togethers at raiderville that day or opening game Eve?
We don't go to "Raiderville", which is a big area in the parking lot with big screen TVs, concessions where you can buy food and drinks, DJs from local sports talk on stage, etc. We tailgate with the Bad Boyz of BBQ (the best place to tailgate)..... where we record our Raider Nation Videocast usually. Lots of Raiders "Superfans" come by. Former Raiders too.  Details of location, etc. on the other thread of the tailgate section of our forum. Here's a link:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:15:45 PM by Randy »

TonyT

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
I'm from Imperial valley, CA. and  just purchased some tickets for opening monday game, Any Planned get togethers at raiderville that day or opening game Eve?

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Randy one thing you should mention is you need to weave through the buses/RVS in the RV section as the tailgate is not identifiable from the roadway that separates the RVs to the normal car parks.. My Aussie Friends said they got lost on my directions and would of been there half an hour earlier had i described to them to cut through the RVS and come down the back.

Good point. But you don't really have to weave through. That's one way to do it, but I think the easiest way is...if you're walking into the south lot (B lot) with the Coliseum at your back......there is a road that runs in that direction. If you walk down that road, you'll have the RVs on the left side of that road, and cars parking on the right side of that road. Continue walking on that road without walking into the RV section. Walk all the way to the end of that road until it T's into the perimeter road that circles the outer perimeter of Lot B. At that intersection you'll see a big tailgate party on the left called LA FAMILIA. Turn left there onto that perimeter road. It leads you right to our tailgate party. You'll pass the big dirt mound on your right, then the police cars, then right after that our tailgate party will be on the left side of that perimeter road. Easy! No weaving. No way to get lost.  ::)

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
What game are you going to Kev?

My fiancée and myself will be at the Broncos game on November 6th.  Can't wait to meet all my Raider brethren!

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
We usually get there around 9am for a 1:00 game.

I would say any time between 9 and 10 would be a good time to arrive if you want to have time to get your money's worth on Kirk's all-you-can-eat barbecue.

Randy, thanks for the very informative reply.  We're going to shoot for a 9am arrival.  I'm so psyched!

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
What time is best to show up for the tailgate? 

Go Raiders!
We usually get there around 9am for a 1:00 game. I think they open the parking lot 5 hours before kickoff, which would be 8am for a 1pm game. The parking attendants usually let Kingsford Kirk into the lot a little early, since he has so much stuff to set up for cooking. He usually has his tailgate party set up by 8 when the gates open, or shortly thereafter.

I would say any time between 9 and 10 would be a good time to arrive if you want to have time to get your money's worth on Kirk's all-you-can-eat barbecue. The morning games start at 10am, so we can watch those on the TVs we have set up with satellite. We usually have 4 games on. We usually do our videotaping between around 10:15 and 11:15 I'd say. No real rigid schedule, but it's usually in that area somewhere. That way we can have a little food first and give people a chance to show up.

After the fiasco at the 49ers/Raiders game in SF this preseason, they have beefed up security....which results in longer times in line going into the stadium. They recommend that you get in line at least an hour before kickoff, so that's what we've been trying to do.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 03:50:09 AM by Randy »

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
What time is best to show up for the tailgate? 

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Tailgate Warriors on Food Network....article and times is will be replayed
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:07:16 PM »
After all that....posting the info to make sure you guys watched our tailgating buddies on Tailgate Warriors....I FORGOT TO WATCH! I was so busy working on the podcast, I worked right through the time it was aired. All I had to do was set my DVR, but did I do it? NO!

Anyway, I just noticed this article that the Raiders just posted on Raiders.com about the show. It has times that it will be re-aired (Oct. 29th and 30th), so if you screwed up like I did....you get a 2nd chance to see it! It looks like it airs at the same time regardless what time zone you're in, if I'm reading the article correctly. Check your local programming guide for the dates above to see the time in your area. Click the article link below:

http://youtu.be/7W2h8tHeFk4

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Fans-Win-Tailgate-Warriors-on-Food-Network/99e07163-320e-442f-ba7d-eb2f7c8a5728

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:48:48 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Come tailgate with us....email us or post here
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »
If you're coming to a game and want to drop by the tailgate, you can let us know here....and/or send us an email. You don't have to sign up or anything. You can just show up. But if we know you're coming in advance, we can make plans to meet up.

There is a map in the other folder, showing where we tailgate, but if you want to make sure you don't get lost trying to find us...we can exchange cellphone numbers prior to the game. Send an email if you want to do that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:09:45 AM by Randy »