Author Topic: STRAIGHT OUT OF LA!!  (Read 9652 times)

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
Straight BACK TO L.A
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 01:06:53 AM »
I ain't bitter Russell left bro. Have actually come around to the fact that he won't be here now. I merely bought up Russell in my last post cause the fans were boycotting last year & the fans were boycotting last year cause of 7 years of failure.

I've read the same articles about a joint stadium with the Niners n raiders & it doesn't look like eventuating cause the Niners decided on Santa Clara & Big Al won't be moving a little south if he can move all the way South.

Your living in a fish bowl Mike if u believe Los Angeles is there only source of fans. U know the reason why so many Of the Nation attend games at Qualcomm? It's cause of the L.A connection.

& please honestly. Don't ever compare the situation of the lakers to the raiders. I believe basketball is a family friendly game n all those hollywood types go to games for red carpet treatment. People would go to the raiders in a new stadium cause the gang element would of been straighten out from the 80's <people weren't attending cause they didn't feel safe, nothing to do about wins n losses>

my understanding about there stadium situation down there. Is it's public money n they are merely looking for a tennent. So Al wouldn't be funding the stadium. Only filling it up.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Los Angeles would be a good thing
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 12:19:43 AM »
Well i believe only a delusional oakland raider fan would think they won't move. If anything the raiders are the most likely of any current nfl team that would move. <49.ers & Vikings got there own stadium ambitions, st louis & buffalo has commited to the area.> the only other candidates i could see would be San Diego or Jacksonvile

plus Al Davis is the leagues straight shooter. He hasn't commited to Oakland beyond 2013 <realistically when the stadium would be built> & he just publically said on espn tonight that if they build it. Knock on my door.

Also the boycott factor where no one showed up this season cause of the 7 year losses & the Russell situation. AL'S GONNA need to see the Nation rejuvenated n pheenun for football to consider staying here longterm <plus the city of O would need to renovate the stadium when the A's go>

look i've seen the writing on the wall for years. I truely believe The raiders will move south. But i didn't want to really discuss it cause no matter to stir the pot on this board until Al makes a commitment to one or the other

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Los Angeles would be a good thing
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »
As a Australian. I'd love to see the raiders move back to Los Angeles. I mean i got so many more friends in the Bay Area. But L.A would help market this team better from a primetime scheduling. Considering the Niners is the main product in the Bay Area & Bay Area fans always threatening to boycott. I can understand why Al would want to move back to L.A

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: STRAIGHT OUT OF LA!!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »
Great show,  one thing worries me,  Davis said,  " If they can get a stadium, then they can come knock on the door".  speaking about  LA.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
Cant wait to watch this one.  It will be interesting to see if ESPN got there grubby little hands on the project and  made cube show a downside as well.

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 07:06:17 PM »
Here's a couple of clips of Straight Outta La

http://30for30.espn.com/film/straight-outta-la.html

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Tokai
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
Dude. I'm probably guessing your self employed & can't remember what it's like being a employee at a new company. But whenever i start a new job. I'm usually having a good look at what my work colleagues get up. If there's a culture of productivity then i usually keep my head down n get straight to work. But if there's a culture of bludging then i kick back n do nothing. RUSSELL ARRIVED at a organization with no leadership and a owner who Keeps paying the underperforming, not exactly the place u come to rejuvenate or kickstart your career. I can't ever recall Daunte being a gym junkie. The sleeping in meetings was totally unacceptable. But 100% blame in my eyes goes on the coaching staff for allowing that practice. If u want to call a vetran backup quarterback a babysitter, fine so be it. But i like to think of the role more as a P.A (like all important ceo n vip have in organizations) . . . So yeah Russell basically arrived at the raiders knowing he wasn't to be held accountable for anything & to a organisation where if your the owners pet then u qualify with getting away with murder. (PS. Why the Fuck would i have a poster of Russell on my ceiling. My bedroom ain't that big, what do u think i live in a aircraft hangar? Lol)

Offline Aztec_Raider

• Rookie Member
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »
Got it ready to record on my DVR gotta go to class tonight.

Offline Tokai Raider

Re: Straight out of LA
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure Russell "CHANCES OF" succeeding elsewhere would of been possible, perhaps say for instance we took Calvin Johnson that year (God i wish that had happened) Detroit would of signed a vetran baller to teach Russell the ropes (like the year we got Daunte) but when the Lions believed Russell was ready (they wouldn't of cut Culpepper like we did) i believe one of Russell biggest flaws was not having that vetran presence in his sophmore year, You need those guys in the locker room (even if it cost ya 5 million a season) realistically, who's going to tell RUSSELL he's playing shit Quaterbacking when there's no guy on the bench to teach him (Oh gee Russell, sure damn gonna listen to what Andrew Walter and Tui got to say) if we kept Culpepper around & threw him out there when Russell fucked up then he'd go back to the bench and keep learning... But i think with no veteran leadership in his sophomore year & then no RESPECTED quarterbacks in his 3rd season (Gee Bruce Gradkowski & Charlie Frye are just LEAGUE RECOGNIZED Game Changers) it leads to Russell thinking everythings going dandy & nothings going wrong (FUCKING JEFF GARCIA, THAT SELL OUT DAWG!!! HE WOULD OF HELPED RUSSELL AND PROBABLY SAVED OUR SEASON IN week 4 or 5)

yeah, russell needed a veteran QB around him to tell him things like, "wake up, dude, and pay attention!" and "dude, stop eating!" a good veteran QB could have shown him how to do things like read the whole field, look at more than one receiver on a play, and throw a screen pass that doesn't hit the turf or fly over a player's head.

the question is what was russell's problem? was it that he merely needed tweaking, a little guidance, or that he just sucks? some veteran presence would have helped if he stood a chance of being good, but if he's asleep in meetings, leaving meetings because he can't pay attention, falling asleep at his locker, etc, i don't think any veteran QB wants to play nursemaid to an overpaid moron like russell.

but you keep his poster on your ceiling over your bed.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 03:28:38 AM »
So this sow premieres on ESPN tonight (lucky fools)

I checked the sched and no luck on ESPN showing this shit downunder... But no fear, i've already pre-ordered this from amazon.com... so if i dont see a pirated copy before hand, then i'll certainly be seeing it in the next few weeks.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »

Mr.Wilde, you are a very enjoyable dude,  but Russell sucks more than a Hoover.  He needs to start saving that money and hope he has a trade he can go work on. Its time to start pumping gas or sacking groceries.  This guy was tagged as " THe best skill set to come out of college since John Elway" but Mike Mayock gave  him the BUYER BEWARE TAG.  He questioned his love for football and his work ethic!  Looks like he was right!
        Jamarcus ..............................................YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Your clearly trying to bait me for an argument which well... i don't really have any need to argue for (considering our new direction)

At the end of the day you got to want to play football so that falls solely on Russell shoulders, but this organization is known for cutting corners (Won't hire Offensive Co-Ordinators so gives the role to Tom Cable & has a passing co-ordinator to save coin)

I'm pretty sure Russell "CHANCES OF" succeeding elsewhere would of been possible, perhaps say for instance we took Calvin Johnson that year (God i wish that had happened) Detroit would of signed a vetran baller to teach Russell the ropes (like the year we got Daunte) but when the Lions believed Russell was ready (they wouldn't of cut Culpepper like we did) i believe one of Russell biggest flaws was not having that vetran presence in his sophmore year, You need those guys in the locker room (even if it cost ya 5 million a season) realistically, who's going to tell RUSSELL he's playing shit Quaterbacking when there's no guy on the bench to teach him (Oh gee Russell, sure damn gonna listen to what Andrew Walter and Tui got to say) if we kept Culpepper around & threw him out there when Russell fucked up then he'd go back to the bench and keep learning... But i think with no veteran leadership in his sophomore year & then no RESPECTED quarterbacks in his 3rd season (Gee Bruce Gradkowski & Charlie Frye are just LEAGUE RECOGNIZED Game Changers) it leads to Russell thinking everythings going dandy & nothings going wrong (FUCKING JEFF GARCIA, THAT SELL OUT DAWG!!! HE WOULD OF HELPED RUSSELL AND PROBABLY SAVED OUR SEASON IN week 4 or 5)

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »
If that's true how come with the same staff and WR's Bruce almighty won games that JA-Skittle NEVER would... Louis Murphy was a STUD made HUGE catch's under tremendous pressure.... catch's in hostile stadiums on the road... Dude is a STUD so those excuses don't hold water at all!

Hey bro, I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time defending the cat cause it appears we are headed in a different direction, BUT ... The reason why BRUCE succeeded cause Tom Cable and he's pussy ass playbook and playcalling had 8 weeks to work with Russell and get accustomed to the young rookie receivers starting.

But Bruce had 2 good games & 1 can be contributed to being when a guy goes back to his hometown & just steps up to the plate cause he's playing in front of all his hometown family and friends (i think that Pittsburgh game was a fluke & he wouldn't of had nearly that amount of success if Troy Polamalu was playing)

As for the Cincinatti game, he had a good 4th qtr game winning drive, but as i recall it was low scoring the whole way through and the win was because our D was SOLID!!!

I believe Russell would of shined this year, I was really impressed with his 2008 season and the way he finished it off.. Super SOLID in the TEXANS game and had a great season ender in TAMPA BAY,

But Tom Cable is partly too blame for ignoring the running game in 2009 preseason so when we came to the actual regular season, we weren't being that team that dominates on the ground (go look at the stats of our rushing attack between 2008 & 2009, signifigant drop off) if you wanna be a good passing team then you need to establish the run & there was no running game last year for the raiders)

But anyways new direction. not going to defend this guy no more.... I'm hoping if we cut anyone it's Charlie Frye but i'd be willing to have Russell around if he takes a paycut and holds the clipboard this season if he's not up to being the starter for this team.
Mr.Wilde, you are a very enjoyable dude,  but Russell sucks more than a Hoover.  He needs to start saving that money and hope he has a trade he can go work on. Its time to start pumping gas or sacking groceries.  This guy was tagged as " THe best skill set to come out of college since John Elway" but Mike Mayock gave  him the BUYER BEWARE TAG.  He questioned his love for football and his work ethic!  Looks like he was right!
        Jamarcus ..............................................YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 12:36:39 AM »
If that's true how come with the same staff and WR's Bruce almighty won games that JA-Skittle NEVER would... Louis Murphy was a STUD made HUGE catch's under tremendous pressure.... catch's in hostile stadiums on the road... Dude is a STUD so those excuses don't hold water at all!

Hey bro, I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time defending the cat cause it appears we are headed in a different direction, BUT ... The reason why BRUCE succeeded cause Tom Cable and he's pussy ass playbook and playcalling had 8 weeks to work with Russell and get accustomed to the young rookie receivers starting.

But Bruce had 2 good games & 1 can be contributed to being when a guy goes back to his hometown & just steps up to the plate cause he's playing in front of all his hometown family and friends (i think that Pittsburgh game was a fluke & he wouldn't of had nearly that amount of success if Troy Polamalu was playing)

As for the Cincinatti game, he had a good 4th qtr game winning drive, but as i recall it was low scoring the whole way through and the win was because our D was SOLID!!!

I believe Russell would of shined this year, I was really impressed with his 2008 season and the way he finished it off.. Super SOLID in the TEXANS game and had a great season ender in TAMPA BAY,

But Tom Cable is partly too blame for ignoring the running game in 2009 preseason so when we came to the actual regular season, we weren't being that team that dominates on the ground (go look at the stats of our rushing attack between 2008 & 2009, signifigant drop off) if you wanna be a good passing team then you need to establish the run & there was no running game last year for the raiders)

But anyways new direction. not going to defend this guy no more.... I'm hoping if we cut anyone it's Charlie Frye but i'd be willing to have Russell around if he takes a paycut and holds the clipboard this season if he's not up to being the starter for this team.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Straight out of LA
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
He sounds a little like me on his assessment of Russell. It's reassuring to know that a ultimate raider fan is drinking the same mix of kool aid. I don't  particuly agree on family members death being a excuse for poor play the whole season but definately the young receiver corps & no offensive co-ordinator is a reason that i'll be seeing major improvements this year.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »
I do not necessarily agree with his assessment of Russell.  I like Cube's music and his movies though!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
Yeah looking forward to it.  I've really enjoyed all of the 30 for 30 series so far and was pumped when I heard he was gonna do one with the Raiders/HipHop.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
STRAIGHT OUT OF LA!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:38 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=5120507

Here's a good interview about ICE CUBE'S new upcoming film ... He had some very interesting things to say about JaMarcus Russell :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:36:15 AM by Randy »