RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Socially Related Stuff

GUESTBOOK (Sign in! Tell us about yourself!)

<< < (23/24) > >>

Randy:
from Kolja (near Cologne Germany)
11/2/07

Hello Raider Nation! I don't know how, bu somehow it happened that my friend Andre beat me by joyning here earlier than me... well, anyway, here I am.

I am also a german fan of the Raiders and as Andre I live close to Cologne, in Kerpen to be precise. I follow the Raiders and their fortunes and misfortunes now since I started watching NFL football which was in the late eighties. As it was always the case during that time in Germany you couldn't watch that many games, but the Raiders always stuck out, because the way they presented themselves (bad boys are good :-)) and also, of course, because they were one of the few teams you could buy merchandise from here (it's like the New York Yankees phenomenon here: people can and do buy their hats and shirts, but have no clue that it is a baseball team).

In the early 90ies the World League was formed and I started to go to games there, but I still watched the NFL and the Raiders on television. Later on I started my own podcast and my own photo site for my hometown team the now defunct Cologne Centurions together with our fan club "First Down". Out of that club grow the idea of the "German Raider Nation". After I checked if anyone else has ever thougt about that we built up our site and now we are trying to gather together all german Raiders fans under one roof, but as always in the german football scene it is a slow and long process.

Well, and now, here I am, and looking forward to add some of my comments to this forum in the near future.

Go Raiders! Kolja

[attachment deleted by admin]

Randy:
from Raul Oliveros (aka RaiderRaul)
11/2/07

Hello Raider Nation, my name is Raul, not Paul like Raider Greg said in the Podcast, Oliveros I'm a 33 year old Mail Carrier From Los Angeles California. Raider fan since I was a Baby boy. Followed the Raiders Allways, was a bit upset when they left to return to Oakland but still continue to root for them. Win, loose, or tie Raiders till I die. Was a Season ticket holder for the 2006 season, had the time of my life that season. The tailgate experience in Oakland is like to other. I have been to San Francisco for a Niners game, representing the Nation of course, and that Tailgate was more like being in a deserted park. I got so much Sh*t for representing the Raiders but those Pu$$ys didn't have it in them to do anything about it. Don't get me wrong in not one of those violent fans but when some one threatens you to take off your jersey or its your ass, well bring your lunch then partner cause your going to need it. Im also a Marine, served this country for 8 years 5 in Camp Pendelton and 3 in Hawaii. Once a Marine, Allways a Marine. So Raider Nation who cares if they Black us out this weekend. I'm only watching one game at 1:00 pm and that game is Raiders Texans, screw the patsies and those colts. every one else can watch it, I won't.
                                              Stay Silver and Black Forever Raider Nation!!!

Randy:
from MadRaiders#32
10/31/07

My name is Mike and I love in Toledo, Ohio.  I am orginally from the Niagara Falls/Buffalo New York area and I hate the Buffalo Bills.

I was at a Raiders game in October 2003 in Cleveland, Ohio.  I sat in the Dog Pound and let me tell you it was interesting.

I have been a Raiders fan since 1985.  It all began because of Marcus Allen.  I watched Raider games with my dad and I just thought "this guy is awesome."  It just went on from there.

Randy:
from Les Wilkie (EnglishRaider)
10/31/07

Hi. I'm Les Wilkie (English Raider). Been a Raiders fan for bout 15 years. I live in England and in 2005 I came over to watch the Raiders vs the Dolphins. Sat in the Black Hole. We lost but it was awesome, and in 2006 watched the Raiders vs the Texans. Lost again. Sat in the Raiders club section. My fav player is Kirk Morrison, and all time Howie Long (from what I have seen on DVDs). Am a hall of fame member of the Raider Nation Podcast. Greg and Randy, I can not thank you enough for what u do, u guys are my link to the Raiders and when I listen to u on my iPod I could just be talking to you in a bar after a game !!!!!!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Randy:
from Andre in Wuppertal, Germany (username R8R77)
10/31/07

Hi,
my name is Andre and I live in Wuppertal, Germany. I work for a screen printing company where we produce speedometer charts.
I´m a Raiders Fan for around twenty years when former Running Back Bo Jackson played for them. He was a professional in two different kinds of sport. That impressed me a lot. At that time I was ten years old. And which little kid doesn´t like pirates??? Furthermore I like teams, not everybody likes. When I heard that the Raiders were the "Badboys"  of the NFL like the Pistons in the NBA, it was a perfect fit for me  ;D
Here in Germany it is not very easy to join live games. OK, we had the NFL Europe once and I was a Season Ticket holder of the Duesseldorf Rhein Fire, but this League is closed now  :(
I have a pay TV contract with one european US Sport Channel (NASN) but they don´t show Raider games very often. Only successful teams  ;)
The other chance for me is via internet live stream. So I´m sitting every Sunday evening (local time is 7 or 10 pm) in front of my notebook and watch the Raiders. But that is not the same like television or live game atmosphere.
So I have to travel to US to see the Raiders there. Mostly on the road at the East Coast. Because of the cheaper flights. I saw them already in Miami, Carolina and Tennessee. All games were wins  :)
This year it was the first time for me and my wife to see them twice in California. In San Diego and one week later in Oakland, FINALLY ;D ;D ;D
Shit, this time both games were losses. No problem. Win, lose or tie, Raiders til I die. And I met a lot of Raider Fans in person. That means much more to me than this fxxxin´ games. More Home games will follow  ;)
That´s so far! I hope that my english is good enough for this forum.

Greetings from Germany, Andre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version