Author Topic: Donkeys come to London  (Read 4433 times)

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
Re: Donkeys come to London
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »

One guy screwed it up and threw it in my face . Another drunk guy on the tube was about to take a swing at me until his friend stopped him.  :-*

Which makes it even better :)

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »
 ;D

i have a load more , not everyone was so receptive though.

One guy screwed it up and threw it in my face . Another drunk guy on the tube was about to take a swing at me until his friend stopped him.  :-*

Good Times
twitter @extramannish

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
Those pictures are PRICELESS!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
Had a great time at Wembley yesterday . Great to see some of the UK Raider Nation and stick it to the Broncos fans all day (Nice work with the flyers Dave). The game was merely a distraction.

That is epic  :D

WOW!!!!  That photo of the well ridden donkey that I bought on BigStockPhotos.com (which is titled, "Unlucky Donkey" by the way) that I used on our show banner made it all the way to London! Onto the "underground"....all over the place. That's one well traveled donkey! I love it! I guess I decided on the right picture...after looking at dozens of donkey photos. This is where I get a lot of the photos for our show banners:

http://www.bigstockphoto.com/image-1141411/stock-photo-unlucky-donkey

I bought 99 photo credits a couple years ago for $99 (out of my own pocket...see what I do for you guys) and I only have two credits left...damn....and they've raised their price. You only get 60 photos for 99 bucks now. Guess I'll have to get some more...if they're getting THIS kind of international use!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:25:30 AM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:08 AM »
NOW thats some FUNNY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 09:23:41 AM »
@ Raider Dee

Good work fella!!  ;D

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 08:05:54 PM »
Nik you possibly cant tell me that the fans at wembley werent booing certain aspects of the game. Major coincidence to happen not just once but plenty of times.

Sorry Juan, i haven't been on the site for a couple of days, so sorry for the late reply. Yes, that's exactly what i am saying, the fans are not booing any plays, trust me on this.

Oh, nearly forgot, there WAS some other booing and that was aimed at the Bronc-a hoes!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:12:01 PM by RaiderNik »
COYS

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:05 PM »
Had a great time at Wembley yesterday . Great to see some of the UK Raider Nation and stick it to the Broncos fans all day (Nice work with the flyers Dave). The game was merely a distraction.

That is epic  :D

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »

some pics

Bid Dave Chapman , Myself , Raider Nik

With the Legend himself , Keith Smith "Crusader Raider"

Drunk Broncos fan

Depressed Danish Broncos fans

Gullible Broncos fan

Not a Broncos fan

Now a Raiders Fan  ;D

That is really freaking funny!

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »

some pics

Big Dave Chapman , Myself , Raider Nik

With the Legend himself , Keith Smith "Crusader Raider"

Drunk Broncos fan

Depressed Danish Broncos fans

Gullible Broncos fan

Not a Broncos fan

Now a Raiders Fan  ;D

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:11:24 PM by Raider Dee »
twitter @extramannish

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:20 PM »
Just keep in mind this is an A M E R I C A N SPORT!! PERIOD! END OF STORY

Yes it's an A M E R I C A N sport (derived from rugby introduced by the B R I T I S H army) but does that mean non A M E R I C A N S can't enjoy it?

If it's such an A M E R I C A N sport why are the Superbowl winners known as World Champions??!!

Lighten up man and stop being so isolationist. You can share your favourite toy you know :)

Where's the Ma'FUKKinG popcorn. This shit is fun.

It's ironic how America only play team sports they invented. Baseball, Hockey, Basketball & Gridion.

Basketball got super crazy and became the 2nd largest sport in the world (it's the largest indoor sport & 2nd largest outdoor sport)

But Americans also do not compete in Formula 1 which is the pillar of motor racing (they gotta be different and support NASCAR & INDY aka BORING)

Glad u folks all had fun at Wembley!!!

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 12:38:06 PM »

Yes it's an A M E R I C A N sport (derived from rugby introduced by the B R I T I S H army) but does that mean non A M E R I C A N S can't enjoy it?

If it's such an A M E R I C A N sport why are the Superbowl winners known as World Champions??!!

Lighten up man and stop being so isolationist. You can share your favourite toy you know :)

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 12:42:42 AM »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 09:04:42 AM »
LOL colin now your poking fun at some americans? Dont get me started on that aspect of it because that opinion is comepletely different and well lets just not go their.

Not poking fun, just pointing out regardless of where you go not everyone will care about the actual game as much as we might.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 08:17:22 AM »
LOL colin now your poking fun at some americans? Dont get me started on that aspect of it because that opinion is comepletely different and well lets just not go their.

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 07:05:46 AM »
Nik you possibly cant tell me that the fans at wembley werent booing certain aspects of the game. Major coincidence to happen not just once but plenty of times.

Not going to deny this but are you telling me all US fans are football connessuirs? I've been to two games in the states and seen guys sitting in the bar for the whole game, turning up at half time, leaving midway through the third quarter, wandering aimlessly around the concourse instead of watching the game and quitting on their team. You tell me what's worse, a new overseas fan who's genuinely interested in wanting to understand and enjoy the game but may not know all the nuances because they weren't brought up around it or the cynical US fan determined to keep it as "their" game even although they'll only watch if their team is winning?

By the way, I don't think an overseas franchise is a good idea, but then I'm against franchises in general. In my opinion, team sports work better long term where they are embedded in the community (which is why the Raiders should stay in Oakland).

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 06:51:48 AM »
I would love to watch a RAider game in London.....I know that it is 2 different teams but it would be fun to scream at both of them while wearing RAIDER gear!

Which is exactly what I did last year :)

You would have loved it, constant shouts of "Seymour's a Raider" and "It was a fumble" to annoy the hell out of Rats fans who'd come over from Boston.

Offline diehardessexraider

• Rookie Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 04:44:42 AM »
Juan, you have to trust me when i tell you that fans over here don't boo the game or the players at Wembley, they are so happy that they have a game to watch and there is a carnival atmosphere throughout. The only booing that goes on is when the Mexican wave breaks down, i know the Mexican wave is a little bit lame and about 20 years out of date but it is a bit of a tradition in Football games over here. Hopefull one year the Raiders will come over to London and you and the guys can experience it for yourselves.
Pride & Poise

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 10:48:01 PM »
I agree, it would be tough to watch, but being that you dont ever get to watch any game it might not be too bad!

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 08:36:53 PM »
To be honest , i'm going mainly to have a beer with friends and to see a few of the UK Raider Nation . I seriously couldn't give a fuck about the game . It's mainly about representing the Silver and Black.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 08:49:31 PM by Raider Dee »
twitter @extramannish

Raider10ga

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »
Crusader Raider hope you have a great time my friend. I hear you on the pod cast and you represent our team well in that part of the world, So Thank You. GO RAIDERS!!

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »
football in London in my true honest opinion is becoming a big joke. Half the fans don't seem to understand the game. Watching the gIants game a few years ago they booed at regular normal plays. For instance a qb running to extend the play and running out of bounds, Running the clock out when its obvious you will win. Kneeing the ball down just to name a few.

Juan - I think you and most US commentators have misunderstood the booing.

Let me tell you that the very vast majority of fans that attend the games over here DO fully understand the game, we certainly don't see it as a joke. Many have been following it for a considerable amount of time. Those instances where you have heard booing at particular times in the game that you wouldn't do so in the States is where a section of fans have started a Mexican wave and another section in the stadium has failed to continue it. Consequently those fans that have already participated in the wave start booing. This happens every year and will no doubt happen tomorrow, it even happened in the eighties (yes, i know you are too young for that!) when the NFL held pre-season games over here. Hope that clears that up for everyone.

With regards to going to a game that doesn't include their team, i understand why you have those thoughts. But you have to remember that those that are prepared to go and watch these games do so because, unlike those that can manage to fly to the States to watch one, this may be the only opportunity they have to watch a 'live' NFL game. They also go because we love the game.

It is very similar to when English Premier League football (soccer) teams comes to the States during their pre-season. I bet any followers of our football attend those games regardless of who they support (they should support Tottenham if you ask me :) )
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:08:22 PM by RaiderNik »
COYS

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »
I love football, but I love Raider football! The thought of having to watch two hated teams makes me sick. I understand you don't get football in London more than once a year but still football in London in my true honest opinion is becoming a big joke. Half the fans don't seem to understand the game. Watching the gIants game a few years ago they booed at regular normal plays. For instance a qb running to extend the play and running out of bounds, Running the clock out when its obvious you will win. Kneeling the ball down just to name a few. I know the ones who live across the pond will not like my comments or thoughts but I call it how I see it. I would love to go to London for a Raider game but never would I attend a football game that's not the pro bowl, a raider game,a high school game, or a college game. To see the broncos vs 49ers really? You know what this reminds me of games when fans of opposite teams show up? Its like common bro the cowboys aren't playing here just the raiders/chargers. I love the game of football and don't need to explain or prove it to anyone but I can't enjoy a game watching this toilet bowl. I watch a lot football when the raiders have away games and play in the afternoon I watch a lot of morning games and its fun to watch would I ever attend a packer/viking game? NO, someone had to say this and a lot of people feel this way not just me maybe I'm just the only one to say something about it.

i feel similar thoughts Juan.

But as an international fan craving more then just the 1 game a year, the Brits need to get out and support this... because it's likely there will be a team in London before Los Angeles and with the Jaguars a likely candidate then the Dirty POMS would get to see the Raiders every 4 years.

I don't know how the NFL would be perceived in Australia, we have the fanbase.. but most Aussies think y'all a bunch of pussies for wearing pads and helmets when we just tackle with our bare muscles.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:58:35 PM by Randy »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »
I love football, but I love Raider football! The thought of having to watch two hated teams makes me sick. I understand you don't get football in London more than once a year but still football in London in my true honest opinion is becoming a big joke. Half the fans don't seem to understand the game. Watching the gIants game a few years ago they booed at regular normal plays. For instance a qb running to extend the play and running out of bounds, Running the clock out when its obvious you will win. Kneeing the ball down just to name a few. I know the ones who live across the pond will not like my comments or thoughts but I call it how I see it. I would love to go to London for a Raider game but never would I attend a football game that's not the pro bowl,a raider game,a high school game, or a college game. To see the broncos vs 49ers really? You know what this reminds me of games when fans of opposite teams show up? Its like common bro the cowboys aren't playing here just the raiders/chargers. I love the game of football and don't need to explain or prove it to anyone but I can't enjoy a game watching this toilet bowl. I watch a lot football when the raiders have away games and play in the afternoon I watch a lot of morning games and its fun to watch would I ever attend a packer/viking game? NO, someone had to say this and a lot of people feel this way not just me maybe I'm just the only one to say something about it.

Offline Essex Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
This will be my 4th International Series game at Wembley and, as has already been said, when you only get the chance to get to see 1 NFL game per year in your own country you go no matter who is playing.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the Oakland Raiders, one nation under a crazy man, with commitment and excellence for all!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »
I would love to watch a RAider game in London.....I know that it is 2 different teams but it would be fun to scream at both of them while wearing RAIDER gear!

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 05:26:25 PM »
I know you will all represent proudly!  Have a great time!!

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »
I will also be there, in my McFadden jersey, giving any Bronco and Niner fan some serious stick!
COYS

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »
 ;D

i shall also be in attendance.
twitter @extramannish

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:09 PM »
No disrespect but I would never go to a game that the raiders don't play in! I would puke watching the niners vs broncos are you serious? To root for any team is just pure disgusting!

You've been fortunate to grow up in a city that has an NFL team, ever better.... the Oakland Raiders.  For someone who hasn't  the chance of seeing a NFL game live is definitely worth it.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »
Before the start of the season I thought it would be a good matchup to see....but with Troy Smith starting at QB and the brocahos in disarray this game could be hard to watch. 

Offline Big Raider Dave

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »
This game is like choosing between crap and shit, but I guess I'll go with the crap and hope the niners win just cause the hoe's are in our division.
I'll be doing the same for exactly the same reason.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:31:54 PM by Randy »
"Randall, put that Ipod away"

Offline Aztec_Raider

• Rookie Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
This game is like choosing between crap and shit, but I guess I'll go with the crap and hope the niners win just cause the hoe's are in our division.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:31:42 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:42 AM »
to be honest, if the game was on at the same time as the Raiders game then i would not be able to attend, but as it is played beforehand and i always watch the Redzone channel during the first kick off (unless there is a particular game that stands out on the schedule) then why not get out and enjoy the London atmosphere as 2 teams we hate beat on each other to see who is the most shit!

Could there be a better week to turn up to a Bronco's game in full Raider gear? lol.  Just to remind them who their daddy is!!!

Dammit, I didn't go this year cos, well, it's the Whiners and Hoes. But, like you said, this would be the PERFECT game to show up in your Raider gear with some BIG ASS signs plastered with 59-14, especially if you're right behind the Hoe bench!

Lol, that would be epic :)

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 06:45:51 AM »
to be honest, if the game was on at the same time as the Raiders game then i would not be able to attend, but as it is played beforehand and i always watch the Redzone channel during the first kick off (unless there is a particular game that stands out on the schedule) then why not get out and enjoy the London atmosphere as 2 teams we hate beat on each other to see who is the most shit!

Could there be a better week to turn up to a Bronco's game in full Raider gear? lol.  Just to remind them who their daddy is!!!

Dammit, I didn't go this year cos, well, it's the Whiners and Hoes. But, like you said, this would be the PERFECT game to show up in your Raider gear with some BIG ASS signs plastered with 59-14, especially if you're right behind the Hoe bench!

TartanRaider

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 05:33:56 PM »
Is it possible to go to a non-raider game and just enjoy football without rooting for anyone.  It seems you love the raiders more than the game of football itself

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »
No disrespect but I would never go to a game that the raiders don't play in! I would puke watching the niners vs broncos are you serious? To root for any team is just pure disgusting!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
I would certainly love to see the Donkeys get their tails whipped over seas as well. 

TartanRaider

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »
I may be getting a few last minute tickets and my old man works down in London so it looks like me and a mate might be crossing the border to abuse all them Donkey and whiner bitches!!  And of course drink a few beers with Dave and the Crusader!

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »
Can you imagine how much fun the Crusader Raider and Big Dave Chapman are going to have this weekend, on Saturday I am meeting up with Roger Goodell and then Sunday I get to wind up a herd of donkeys and one win whinners fans in my house, I love it, see you all from the 3rd Nov, Go Raiders !!!

Tell Roger to send the RAIDERS to Australia for a game before they go to the UK :)

Offline Crusader Raider

• Hall Of Famer
  • The 'Crusader Raider' to the Bay from the UK
Donkeys come to London
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »
Can you imagine how much fun the Crusader Raider and Big Dave Chapman are going to have this weekend, on Saturday I am meeting up with Roger Goodell and then Sunday I get to wind up a herd of donkeys and one win whinners fans in my house, I love it, see you all from the 3rd Nov, Go Raiders !!!
On a Crusade for the Nation around the world