Author Topic: Comment on Boneline calls here  (Read 14415 times)

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
Re: Comment on Boneline calls here
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2010, 04:59:01 PM »
Love Smitty....too bad he doesn't want to be a #1 anymore.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »
Now THATS a great idea as I have been looking at it from the last time you said it and No word from the Raiders.....Perhaps they have no money or they feel that the last two times we went for superstars  we got burned.....Perhaps the Coach is afraid to inject a new player into the locker room.....Wasn't Steve Smith a distraction more than once on Carolina? I think he was....Im not sure...Do you know? He would be a solid play maker and his addition could be a good thing...But if he ends up an expensive pain in the ass it could doom any hope for this year......

Smith is a very intense player.  Not only would he leave a liver on the field, but both kidneys and a lung.  He won't quit.  His problems are usually due to his competitiveness like punching out a teammate(maybe he can go a few rounds with Henderson).  We need someone to depend on to get into the EndZone.  1-2, 2 games behind the chiefs, something has to be done.  Raiders have to win the division to make the playoffs

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »
Hey Juan....a little tip.......your call was really distorted. You were yelling, and the tops of the soundwaves were all clipped off in my sound editing program, which causes distortion. I had to turn the volume down on your call, but the distortion never goes away once you cause clipping. If you are going to yell, because you are emotional....hold the phone a little farther from your mouth, then hopefully it won't distort like that.

Sorry Randy. That was fresh after the game and a few drinks later, i couldn't handle myself! i lost it man! My apologies.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:45:28 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »
Now THATS a great idea as I have been looking at it from the last time you said it and No word from the Raiders.....Perhaps they have no money or they feel that the last two times we went for superstars  we got burned.....Perhaps the Coach is afraid to inject a new player into the locker room.....Wasn't Steve Smith a distraction more than once on Carolina? I think he was....Im not sure...Do you know? He would be a solid play maker and his addition could be a good thing...But if he ends up an expensive pain in the ass it could doom any hope for this year......

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »
You don't have to say it Slapnutz.  It shows in your post and your voice after the times I have called.  Hey, I'm just some guy with an opinion and an asshole like everyone else.  4 someone who likes to tell it like it is, you don't seem to like to listen to it like it is.  I've called the boneline and get comments like the one U attributed to me about Henderson.  If I remember correctly, you said if my season predictions were to come true, you would acknowlege it.  So far I haven't been far off the mark.  Know it all, nah, but I do know much about football and won't hide it to appease those who don't appreciate it.  Punks are in San Francisco.  How about management exploring the possibility of a trade to get Steve Smith from the Panthers.  He's not very happy there and would give us the #1 receiver we need

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2010, 02:25:56 PM »
Hey BONEHEAD!! I never said I didn't like "YOU" I don't like the way you come across as a Know it all and the keeper of wisdom of the the Raider Nation. I never said I was and still continue to say "Im just a fireman".....BUT now you have to go to "Daddy" Randy and "lick" his bread......Now thats the sign of someone who needs attention........"Butter my bread"....FUCK OFF Millernation....Now you know I think your pompus Bowlshit stinks like the Shit it is......Hey if you need attention....Get a Dog.......I really don't give a fuck what you Feel....And if you feel strong enough to post your shit on the Forum than MAN the Fuck up and call.......Or perhaps you think you would be "buttering my ASSSSSSS! No matter....Just don't be a PUNK!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2010, 02:09:20 PM »
I truly appreciate you Randy, you are a very smart guy

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »
I remember making suggestions to callers about the bone line and getting raidermobbed about it.  Since Raider Greg doesn't seem to like me much and I won't butter his bread ;D. I've stopped calling it and keep my remarks on the forum.  

I thought that your suggestions about streamlining the calls, to help raise the quality and make room for more callers were generally good suggestions....but I knew right away that you were going to get "raidermobbed" by the forum vets. Kind of like what would happen at the fire department were Greg and I work....if some new rookie were to come in, and in his first days in the firehouse start telling us, "oh no.....this isn't how you should be doing this....let me give you some suggestions on how to improve things around here". I don't think that would work out too well. Even if they were good suggestions.

Here's a little story I just remembered:

We had a new fire recruit a few years back (actually 15 years ago...he was in Greg's group), who started mouthing off right off the bat, during his training academy. Talking about how he had been in the Green Barets, etc, etc. (the guys gave him the nickname "Tom Clancy") When he found out that our dept. has a rule that you can't take the promotional exam to become an officer until you have 4 years in the department, he said he thought that was a stupid rule, and that he thought he should be a Captain within his first year.

We were having a drill for the recruits at our drill tower. We had the aerial ladder extended up the the roof of the 4 story tower. Each recruit was supposed to put on all their protective gear, including breathing apparatus, helmet, axe, etc....and climb the aerial ladder to the roof (in a safe manner). At the top, they were to get off the ladder onto the roof, then walk across the roof....but as they went they were to use their axe to sound the roof (hit the axe head against the roof) ahead of where they were going to walk....to make sure that the roof would support their weight and wasn't weakened from the fire to where they might fall through. Well...........all of his recruit classmates climbed the ladder in a steady, controlled manner, got out their axe at the top, carefully got onto the roof, sounded the roof, etc. When it was his turn, he FLEW up the ladder....about twice as fast as anyone else....then at the top, he grabbed for his axe, yanked it out of his axebelt.....the axe flew up and out of his grip......started cartwheeling in front of him and the two other guys on the roof who were monitoring this exercise (myself and a Captain).....he grabbed for the axe and missed.....then the axe began it's fall down 4 stories to the ground. The guy operating the aerial ladder at the control pedistal had to run and duck for cover. The axe hit the truck and ricocheted about 10-15 feet out from the truck. Other guys were scattering. The know-it-all rookie and the other two of us on the roof were all looking down watching this, then our three heads rose back up and looked at one another. The rookie was for once at a loss for words....just looked at us....waiting. The Captain told him, "let's just forget about what just happened and continue on with this drill. It's not how bad the screwup is....it's all in the recovery." The know-it-all was fired about a week later after several more unacceptable incidents. He never learned.

I'm not comparing you to this guy.....he's an extreme example of a "know-it-all" new guy. Just thought I'd pass on this story since it's so memorable.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:53:28 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »
I remember making suggestions to callers about the bone line and getting raidermobbed about it.  Since Raider Greg doesn't seem to like me much and I won't butter his bread ;D. I've stopped calling it and keep my remarks on the forum. 

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
Randy - you called me Nicole when you commented below, but it's allllll good my brotha!  RaiderNatalie/Raiderbitch here and I'm a huge fan of the podcast and finally wanted to share my thoughts (cold and all).  I am no where near as classy as Analicia (nor will I ever be since I have a sailors mouth) but thrilled to hear the ladies coming out strong!

I'm generally the one who gets into a verbal brawl at the bar with some dude who doesn't know shit about sports and I annihilate them with my knowledge and passion for the Raiders...SUCKAS!!

GO RAIDAAAADS!

Hey Natalie....sorry about the name mixup.....I typed Natalie in the subject for the post, then put Nicole down later in the body of the post. Not sure how I did that. They both start with N maybe? And my niece's name is Nicole. Maybe that's why. I went back and edited the post and fixed it.

Anyway, something else I thought I'd mention:

your comment about how you're generally the one who gets in a verbal brawl at the bar with dudes who don't know shit about sports......that's funny you should say that. Because when I was listening to your call, I couldn't help but flash back to another female caller who called the Boneline back on show #267 on 3/9/10....."Bloodline Raiderette". I thought to myself that if the two of you were together in a bar, no obnoxious Raider haters better mess with you two! Here's her call, in case you didn't hear it, mixed together with a call from her husband, Bloodline Raider:

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/audio/forum/boneline/BloodlineRaiderette.mp3

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
i think my call was the shortest! i lost it! i wanted to tear shit up!

Your call was a lot longer than that originally Juan. I had to shorten it. You repeated a lot of stuff over and over again...."3 missed field goals!......3 missed field goals!....."   stuff like that. If I hadn't shortened people's calls, the show would have been over 2 hours long. Either that or just eliminate more calls altogether, which I hate to do (but probably should do).

Hey Juan....a little tip.......your call was really distorted. You were yelling, and the tops of the soundwaves were all clipped off in my sound editing program, which causes distortion. I had to turn the volume down on your call, but the distortion never goes away once you cause clipping. If you are going to yell, because you are emotional....hold the phone a little farther from your mouth, then hopefully it won't distort like that.

Look at the screenshots of the two soundwaves below. The top one is from Analicia's call. She's speaking normally and holding the phone at the right distance. See the numbers on the left edge? Her loudest sounds hit about 90%, which is where I want the loudest sounds to be. If they hit 100%, you get "clipping", and it sounds distorted.

Look at your soundwave screenshot below hers. All of your soundwaves are clipped off at the top and bottom. They were all exceeding 100%. I turned the volume down to 85%, that's why your soundwaves look like they are at 85% according to the numbers on the left edge....but they were originally all the way to the top at 100%. That's why your soundwave looks like someone took a saw and cut all the soundwaves off at the top and bottom. Digital sound can't go above 100%, and if it does you hear horrible distortion.

Some people's calls have the opposite problem, they are way too quiet (from holding the phone TOO far away). There soundwaves might be about 5% on that number scale on the left edge, so I have to amplify their call or else no one would hear it. I like the "Goldilocks" soundwaves....not too loud, not too quiet. Too quiet is better than too loud, because I can boost those and they don't have the clipping distortion that you can't get rid of.

When Greg started doing the podcast, he had trouble figuring out how to set the volume on his mic, and I was always sending him little pictures just like this (I'm sure he just LOVED that)....explaining it to him...and telling him, "well, I'm throwing down the red flag on you again for this show and giving you another CLIPPING PENALTY!" He's a pro at setting his volume now. He never clips anymore.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:01:39 PM by Randy »

raiderbitch

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2010, 11:55:39 AM »
Randy - you called me Nicole when you commented below, but it's allllll good my brotha!  RaiderNatalie/Raiderbitch here and I'm a huge fan of the podcast and finally wanted to share my thoughts (cold and all).  I am no where near as classy as Analicia (nor will I ever be since I have a sailors mouth) but thrilled to hear the ladies coming out strong!

I'm generally the one who gets into a verbal brawl at the bar with some dude who doesn't know shit about sports and I annihilate them with my knowledge and passion for the Raiders...SUCKAS!!

GO RAIDAAAADS!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »
Wow, you said alot without saying much! I think that was your shortest call ever!  JANIKOWSKI needs to learn how to kick.  ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2010, 09:15:27 PM »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2010, 09:09:45 PM »
damn! they know their shit!

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
We haven't even done this show yet, but I was going through the Boneline calls just now (all 43 of them), choosing which ones we'll use in this show.....when I saw we had another Boneline call from Analicia, which was a nice surprise. A few shows back, Greg put the call out to the ladies to get on the Boneline and let us hear from them. So when Greg and I were in Nashville, in our hotel room, we were listening to the Boneline calls together....when we heard the first Boneline appearance of Analicia...and we both looked at each other and started smiling as we listened to her call. We were blown away, because we aren't used to having many ladies call the show, especially ones as well spoken and knowledgeable as Analicia. So when I heard her voice on one of the calls for show 284, I put that one down on the list as an automatic inclusion for the show.

Then.....a few calls later.....I start playing another call......and this new female voice introduces herself as Natalie from Bron-co-hoe country.....she starts out kind of quiet and slow.....I'm listening.....and then she suddenly BLOWS ME OFF MY CHAIR....BACKWARDS! HOLY SMOKES!

I had to give you guys a sneak preview of her call that's going onto this upcoming show. You'll see why I was blown away within the first 30 seconds of the call. Natalie, you're awesome! (and so are you Analicia). Let's get some more ladies on here! You guys are great!

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/audio/forum/boneline/raider_natalie.mp3

Lmao....classic!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:33:07 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Featured Boneline Caller "Raider Natalie" - from Show #284 "Cardinals Postgame"
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
We haven't even done this show yet, but I was going through the Boneline calls just now (all 43 of them), choosing which ones we'll use in this show.....when I saw we had another Boneline call from Analicia, which was a nice surprise. A few shows back, Greg put the call out to the ladies to get on the Boneline and let us hear from them. So when Greg and I were in Nashville, in our hotel room, we were listening to the Boneline calls together....when we heard the first Boneline appearance of Analicia...and we both looked at each other and started smiling as we listened to her call.

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/audio/forum/boneline/Analicia_show_282.mp3

We were blown away, because we aren't used to having many ladies call the show, especially ones as well spoken and knowledgeable as Analicia. So when I heard her voice on one of the calls for show 284, I put that one down on the list as an automatic inclusion for the show.

Then.....a few calls later.....I start playing another call......and this new female voice introduces herself as Natalie from Bron-co-hoe country.....she starts out kind of quiet and slow.....I'm listening.....and then she suddenly BLOWS ME OFF MY CHAIR....BACKWARDS! HOLY SMOKES!

I had to give you guys a sneak preview of her call that's going onto this upcoming show. You'll see why I was blown away within the first 30 seconds of the call. Natalie, you're awesome! (and so are you Analicia). Let's get some more ladies on here! You guys are great!

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/audio/forum/boneline/raider_natalie.mp3

and here is Analicia's 2nd call. A little less "over the top" compared with Natalie, but very well thought out, to the point, short, and very sweet:

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/audio/forum/boneline/analicia_284.mp3
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:48:26 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderJim75

• Rookie Member
  • It's Time To Take Back The Swagger
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »
Raider Greg, Yes I cheered up after Week 2 !!!    In Bruce We Trust !!!     Just hate losing games like they did Week 1....

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2010, 06:49:12 AM »
 Raider Dan from Virginia , that was a great call this week brother.
twitter @extramannish

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »
Great boneline calls and a great show.  Shout outs to RAIDER JESSE and RAIDER FRANK.  Plano TX is where I was born and is about 5 minutes down the road from Wylie TX.  Arlington is about 50 minutes to 1 hour away from my house.  Anyway, great to hear the calls, it was very enjoyable.  I would love to take JASON's arm and his height and combine it with BRUCE and I think we would have a top 5-10 QB in the league easy.  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:08:06 AM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »
Thank you.  Claiming Henderson was worth anything besides Jamarcus russells shit stains would give me Zero credibility  ;D

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Sorry we "assassinated" you on the podcast Millernation...our mistake
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »
When did Raider Greg become a character assassin.  When did I ever post anything positive about henderson or the o-line.  One of my first post was "Jason Campbell better be glad Obama passed Health care because with this O-line he is going to need it" the day I joined.  

Oops. Sorry about that Millernation. That one was kind of my fault. When I was editing that podcast, when I heard Greg's comment about you having been pro-Henderson, I asked him about it. I asked him, "did Millernation really say that?"....and he said he was pretty sure you did, but he wasn't positive. He said, "well, maybe we should take that comment out of the show if you don't think he said that in the forum". We actually tried to search back through the forum posts, couldn't find any reference to Henderson in any of your posts....then when Greg said maybe we should remove the comment I said, "well, we might as well leave it in...it's not that big a deal...if he didn't say it I'm sure Millernation will let you know about it.....they all know that you make mistakes sometimes and when we do, the listeners help out and correct us." In hindsight, we probably should have taken it out...but we were on the road and were trying to get the show out as soon as possible. Didn't want it to come out a day before the game. Even thought I "rushed through" the editing somewhat.....that show still took me about 8 hours or more to edit...over 3 days.

If you saw what the show looks like in my sound editing program, you'd understand why I don't like to have to remove something when I'm in the middle of my editing. I have multiple tracks open on a timeline. One track for Greg's voice. Other tracks for music. Another track for the Boneline callers. Each Boneline call is a little sound byte that I drag and drop into the timeline. I end up with dozens of individual sound clips all over the timeline. If I have to cut something out of Greg's track, like his 10 or 15 second long comment to you) then I have to go through and select every single sound clip that is to the right of that in the timeline and drag them all to the left. Otherwise there would be a 10 second gap of silence. I've done that before, but it's such a pain to do it that I really try to avoid it if I can. Sometimes I might miss one of more of the clips when I select them, and then they don't get moved over....and then some sound pops up in the show where it shouldn't be. I'm sure you're heard some little piece of music pop up out of nowhere in a show. That's the reason.

Check out the screenshots below of my timeline and you'll get the idea. This just shows what a few minutes of the show looks like. The first screenshot is the first 4 minutes and the second screenshot is the last 4 minutes of the show. Imagine the whole show, over one hour long. It's a hassle moving stuff once it's in the timeline, and it almost always leads to mistakes that take a long time to correct.

See those little skinny green lines in the lower track of the 2nd screenshot? So skinny you can hardly see them? Those are the telephone hang-up sound that I put in after each Boneline caller. Our last show had 23 Boneline callers. Imagine having to click on all of those skinny little lines, select them, and drag them to the left the exact number of seconds that's necessary......along with the dozens of other sound bytes, music, etc. Sometimes I'll get almost all of them selected, then I'll accidentally click with my finger off of the control key....and they all get de-selected...then I have to start over!

F.Y.I.....The pink segments in the timeline are the boneline callers. The blue segment just before the boneline caller is the "Bad to the Bone" music I put in (with the ringing telephone) before each caller. All those are individual sounds that I have to insert manually for each show. Now you see why each show takes so damn long.

On this last show (the one with your call), we didn't use the bad to bone intro music, or the telephone hangup sounds (so that saved some work), since it was the therapy session theme.....but in order to give the therapy session the effect that all of the "patients" were in a big auditorium...I had to select each boneline caller sound clip one at a time and run a reverb filter on them to make the callers sound like they were speaking into a microphone in an auditorium. So that added some work back into the show.

Sorry again that we "assassinated" you. We were in a hurry, and mistakes happen.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:16:38 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »
When did Raider Greg become a character assassin.  When did I ever post anything positive about henderson or the o-line.  One of my first post was "Jason Campbell better be glad Obama passed Health care because with this O-line he is going to need it" the day I joined.   

Offline Big Raider Dave

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
This is really a question for Greg and Randy. Do you guys think we can dedicate a section on here for questions for Greg to answer or give insight on the podcast kinda like the calling the boneline but if people maybe didnt't have time or whatever the case may be. Just ignore the question if a section like this already exists :D.  

No, there isn't a section like that already....and I thought about that exact thing not too long ago. Just never talked to Greg about it....but I will. Maybe Greg could have a segment of the podcast called, "ask Raider Greg" or something like that. On the other hand, Greg has said on the podcast many times that he's not an "expert"...he's just a fireman who's a football fan...just like you guys....and that this podcast is a collaborative effort between Greg and all of his listeners. If we did have a segment like that, it would sort of imply that Greg is an expert, don't you think? Anyone else want to give your opinion on whether or not we should have something like this? If you have any other ideas, feel free to share them.

Actually....I just re-read your question. I think I misunderstood it the first time. I thought you meant that people could post question in a certain "Ask Raider Greg" folder on the forum, and Greg would answer them on the podcast. Now I'm thinking that you meant he could just type out his answers on the forum. Which did you mean?
I think the "Ask Greg" section would be a great idea
"Randall, put that Ipod away"

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2010, 12:06:09 AM »
This is really a question for Greg and Randy. Do you guys think we can dedicate a section on here for questions for Greg to answer or give insight on the podcast kinda like the calling the boneline but if people maybe didnt't have time or whatever the case may be. Just ignore the question if a section like this already exists :D.  

No, there isn't a section like that already....and I thought about that exact thing not too long ago. Just never talked to Greg about it....but I will. Maybe Greg could have a segment of the podcast called, "ask Raider Greg" or something like that. On the other hand, Greg has said on the podcast many times that he's not an "expert"...he's just a fireman who's a football fan...just like you guys....and that this podcast is a collaborative effort between Greg and all of his listeners. If we did have a segment like that, it would sort of imply that Greg is an expert, don't you think? Anyone else want to give your opinion on whether or not we should have something like this? If you have any other ideas, feel free to share them.

Actually....I just re-read your question. I think I misunderstood it the first time. I thought you meant that people could post question in a certain "Ask Raider Greg" folder on the forum, and Greg would answer them on the podcast. Now I'm thinking that you meant he could just type out his answers on the forum. Which did you mean?

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2010, 11:58:47 PM »
Good show about the TITANS postgame,  I wish the subject matter would have been better, great calls.........CHEER UP JUAN< It cant rain all the time..............CAN IT?

TNBlueRaider

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2010, 02:31:41 AM »
This is really a question for Greg and Randy. Do you guys think we can dedicate a section on here for questions for Greg to answer or give insight on the podcast kinda like the calling the boneline but if people maybe didnt't have time or whatever the case may be. Just ignore the question if a section like this already exists :D

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:26 PM »
Unfortunately I will have to call the boneline today

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2010, 06:55:59 PM »
I'm not a win at all cost person.  I'll let it go when the others let it go. 

Ok bro.

But this topic hadn't been bumped for 24 hours (that is a good sign, People have let it go)

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »
I'm not a win at all cost person.  I'll let it go when the others let it go. 

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »
Alzado and Matuz were great players but steroid users.  Facts but is that disrepecting them?

It's not disrespecting them...

It is FACT, But bringing it up is basically throwing ROCKS at a HIBERNATING bear in the woods. Sure it maybe fun to see if you can hit the Grizzle, But you better have your NIKE AIRS on cause that Bears been sleeping all Winter & millernation is suddenly looking like it's first meal.

Can i just suggest that u put this topic to rest bro, Your not going to make too many friends talking about the VERY DARKSIDE of the RAIDERS!!!

Your reminding me of Tim Kawakami walking into a RAIDERS PRESS CONFERENCE & expecting Al Davis to answer all your questions.

BTW.. One of the reason i LOVE THE RAIDERS is cause they'll win at any cost.

Steroids, Stickum, BIG ILLEGAL HITS... Sure it might be dirty (or sticky) but they were very creative back in the 60's to win Championships at any cost... The Average fan of a team would cry foul play. Raider Nation would say "SUCKED IN, CAUSE YOU NEVER THOUGHT OF THE IDEA"

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »
So I didn't follow protocol.  I missed Ms. Manners class.  I thought the Raidernation would be full of toughness.  I didn't get bothered by any responses.  I know the whole Heat/kitchen thing.  I didn't tell anyone what to do(althought I was told to go suck a dick or something to that effect).  I suggested a what I considered a helpful protocol for the callers and it turned into I was telling Greg and Randy what to do.  I hears greg on a few podcast suggest the callers limit the time of the calls.  As a listener I gave my opinion on how to do it. 

The tatum statement wasn't false.  I've already explained how I have come to this opinion on another post and no-one here has answered that post with what opinion they would have had if they had the experience I had.  Alzado and Matuz were great players but steroid users.  Facts but is that disrepecting them?

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »
Tatum did have a funeral, I didn't go.  I just offered a different opinion as to what I knew about him.  The personal attacks were directed at me not started by me.  I will respond when I deem fit.  There was no hatred or disrespect towards Tatum, its my truth from what I know and been told.  If you had the information, you might have felt the same way.  

See how you pretend to be a reasonable guy but called me a insensative prick.  You attack me personally but want me to back off attacking others and want to co-exists.  I guess we can co-exists and thank you for being a sensitive prick

I will say this Millernation and I will leave this conversation.

It is not that your opinion does not jive with others. It is not that you have spoken things that are not true. It is the way you have said them.

Let me ask you this? Have you introduced yourself to this forum in any way? The answer is no. In fact your introduction was to go into a "Rest In Peace" thread and say slanderous things about a dead man. Whether true or not is not the point.

"RIP TATUM.  But don't give the impression Jack Tatum wasn't a dirty player.  Raider fans won't like this but the hit on stingley was very dirty.  The ball wasn't catchable.  Tatum, like he loved to do hit the man leading with his helmet.  No one also seems to remember when Little Wendell Tyler ran Tatum over in a game against the Rams.

Nothing wrong with a big hitter but Tatum was a known head-hunter. " 

This was your very first post in this forum. You seem like smart guy so you had to know that saying that might rub some fans the wrong way right? So you can't play the innocent victim in that case. Perhaps if they knew you better they would not have reacted the way they did. But you gave them nothing else to go off of.

Then as if that was not enough you start in on telling others how to call the Boneline and who they should or should not thank. Again, did you actually think this would not cause a negative reaction? Or is this what you were going for? If so mission accomplished. Your new and you are telling people what to do. Namely the two guys that gives us all this podcast, FOR FREE!! I might add, how to do it better. You really can't see how that might upset a few long time contributors? Come on man.

The fact is you started on the wrong foot. Hellraider pointed that out to you long ago. To be honest I think you have some good stuff to say football wise. But no one cares because you came in with negativity. Opinions are welcome here. We all have them and many are different from others. It just seems to me that if you come into a well established forum, you start with some positive stuff. Don't have to sugar coat it(god knows none of us here do). But try making conversation instead of enemies and see if your status changes around here. As my grandmother used to say, "You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar." In other words. If you wish for people to hear what you have to say(and again I think you have some good football points), try not starting off by shitting on a great player who has recently pasted for the team that this forum represents as your very first post and introduction.

Just my two cents.
GREAT!

raidersully

« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2010, 08:14:54 PM »
Tatum did have a funeral, I didn't go.  I just offered a different opinion as to what I knew about him.  The personal attacks were directed at me not started by me.  I will respond when I deem fit.  There was no hatred or disrespect towards Tatum, its my truth from what I know and been told.  If you had the information, you might have felt the same way.  

See how you pretend to be a reasonable guy but called me a insensative prick.  You attack me personally but want me to back off attacking others and want to co-exists.  I guess we can co-exists and thank you for being a sensitive prick

I will say this Millernation and I will leave this conversation.

It is not that your opinion does not jive with others. It is not that you have spoken things that are not true. It is the way you have said them.

Let me ask you this? Have you introduced yourself to this forum in any way? The answer is no. In fact your introduction was to go into a "Rest In Peace" thread and say slanderous things about a dead man. Whether true or not is not the point.

"RIP TATUM.  But don't give the impression Jack Tatum wasn't a dirty player.  Raider fans won't like this but the hit on stingley was very dirty.  The ball wasn't catchable.  Tatum, like he loved to do hit the man leading with his helmet.  No one also seems to remember when Little Wendell Tyler ran Tatum over in a game against the Rams.

Nothing wrong with a big hitter but Tatum was a known head-hunter. " 

This was your very first post in this forum. You seem like smart guy so you had to know that saying that might rub some fans the wrong way right? So you can't play the innocent victim in that case. Perhaps if they knew you better they would not have reacted the way they did. But you gave them nothing else to go off of.

Then as if that was not enough you start in on telling others how to call the Boneline and who they should or should not thank. Again, did you actually think this would not cause a negative reaction? Or is this what you were going for? If so mission accomplished. Your new and you are telling people what to do. Namely the two guys that gives us all this podcast, FOR FREE!! I might add, how to do it better. You really can't see how that might upset a few long time contributors? Come on man.

The fact is you started on the wrong foot. Hellraider pointed that out to you long ago. To be honest I think you have some good stuff to say football wise. But no one cares because you came in with negativity. Opinions are welcome here. We all have them and many are different from others. It just seems to me that if you come into a well established forum, you start with some positive stuff. Don't have to sugar coat it(god knows none of us here do). But try making conversation instead of enemies and see if your status changes around here. As my grandmother used to say, "You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar." In other words. If you wish for people to hear what you have to say(and again I think you have some good football points), try not starting off by shitting on a great player who has recently pasted for the team that this forum represents as your very first post and introduction.

Just my two cents.

Offline Virginia Raider

• Hall Of Famer
  • Tell your boss to give you a damn lunch break.
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »
Millernation, I reached out to you. I was a smartass at first, but throughout that intial post I told you that it your opinion was greatly welcomed, respected, and appreciated. I welcomed you with open arms.

I stand by my Raider brothers. I don't know where you get that i've thrown JJ under the bus.

I don't like or appreciate you coming in here and acting like you have. It's not my site, I don't call the shots. I can't do anything about what you say, do, or how you act towards the people who are 'legends' on this site.

I'm sick of the back and fourth bullshit. I'm waiving the white flag out of respect for the people on here and for Randy & Greg. Do what you do...say something smart, dog me...I don't care.

I apologize to Oscar, Mike, Jake, and whoever else may have been offended or pissed at this shit. Greg & Randy too because I know this has put you guys in a tough spot.

I won't address your last post. I think it was bullshit. I don't appreciate it, but it's done.

Moving on...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:16:32 PM by Virginia Raider »
A reporter asked Davis about the efficancy of the team’s background checks considering Kiffin and Cable’s history:  “We’re very bad at it,” Davis said.  

Awesome.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »

Raider Jake

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
I'm getting sick of this shit!!!

Great to read, But it might have a Detrimental affect on us getting new members to the board, Why would anyone want to sign up here if all they are going to do is cop shit from this community?

Randy & Greg run a pretty good ship here in terms of letting things slide... But lets not abuse our Privilege on this by acting like 4 year old Girls!!!

Thats right  we dont need garbage like that up here

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »
I'm getting sick of this shit!!!

Great to read, But it might have a Detrimental affect on us getting new members to the board, Why would anyone want to sign up here if all they are going to do is cop shit from this community?

Randy & Greg run a pretty good ship here in terms of letting things slide... But lets not abuse our Privilege on this by acting like 4 year old Girls!!!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2010, 06:57:22 PM »
Something I tell my kids "Fame and being cool" is over-rated.  I listened to the podcast for a year, hear raider greg discuss the form and thought I had a place to express myself.  Didn't know I had to be a cheerleader to some.  I would rather just discuss football and the raiders but some have taken it personally which is too bad.  There are so many other things to worry about beside me.  Have my football opinions really been so outrageous.  Many seem to agree about the O-line.  Some disagreement regarding the receiving corp.  Many disagree regarding Tatum.  But I never came here and said THE RAIDERS CAN GO TO HELL or FUCK THE RAIDERS.  People create their own drama and guys like Virginia Raider are nothing more than drama queens.  I heard Juan on the podcast this week.  He seems to reflect some of the same shit I brought up.  But if you look at the post where I commented about his call, I didn't do anything but try to prop him up.  I have yet to lie.  I leave that kind of shit to GLEN BECK

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
Millernation just where do you live thats makes you so special....you sound like one of those fans that have two or three favorite NFL teams, bandwagon poser fan.....Maybe your real name is Bronco-billy-bob.....lol....STOP RAIDER HATING YOU IDIOT!..... >:(.
If it is fame you seek, you have found it MR. Nation!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »
Millernation just where do you live thats makes you so special....you sound like one of those fans that have two or three favorite NFL teams, bandwagon poser fan.....Maybe your real name is Bronco-billy-bob.....lol....STOP RAIDER HATING YOU IDIOT!..... >:(.

If I wanted you to know where I lived I would tell U.  You and VR are really stuck on this Bronco thing aren't you.  I guess you are michel Blomquest to VR's Lisbeth Salander.  What a great pair of investigators.  Next time bring something more humorous and original than BRONCO-BILLY-BOB. 

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2010, 06:40:17 PM »
Do the kids you help know about your foul mouth?  If a kid you are giving food to tell you the raiders suck do you give em the finger?  U didn't stick up for Juan you throw him under the bus. 

Bronco fan, live under a rock, living at home under my mothers wing, dumb, a dick,  you are a regular Lisbeth Salander aren't you.  Next you will tell me I could be discriminated against if I worked within the Virginia government

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
SOLUTION TO THE OFFSEASON BEEF
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

Come on guys lets make this the last day of name calling, I wanna give the benefiet of the doubt that the offseason is only good for cyber fighting... But we are playing REGULAR SEASON football in the next 7-10 days. Lets at least sweep it under the rug & deal with it in February when our season concludes (i said Feb cause we are going to the MA'F%%KING SUPERBOWL)

millernation obviously is now one of our more colourful characters here & i believe he can contribute, if we drew the line in the sand and said "SHUT THE FUCK UP ON ALL FORMS OF TEASING"

I myself wouldn't of talked about TATUM like that when the Nation is still Morning, but millernation is only talking about TATUM onfield antics (when the rules were obviously different in his era).... millernation is not calling him a pot smoking wife beater!

Offline Virginia Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »
Would much rather live in Virginia, than in a Bronco fan's body, because you sir are a bronco fan. A sorry, classless, puke who is an attention whore.

Get a life fella. I'd rather live in Virginia and not only have the respect of everyone on here, but also be able to call them my friends. You call up Juan and talk to him for an hour about Raider football...your number would probably end up being tracked and you would get your ass handed to you.

How do you have time to put me in a Bronco fan box between dog fights?  Didn't know you were Juan's bitch.  R U the Flavor Flav to his Chuck D?  His Bob Arum who schedules and promotes his fights.  How about U let me and Juan take care of me and Juan and you keep doing what you do in VIRGINIA

Seeing as how i'm an avid, season ticket holder of Univ. of Virginia Athletics, the last thing i'm doing is dog fighting and/or supporting what a dumb ass 'Chokie' like Mike Vick does.

I'm not Juan's bitch, but I do consider him a good friend. Forgive me for sticking up for my friend...you pompous asshole.

Oh yea, a little weasel like yourself wouldn't know anything about friends. I would love to see who's side everyone, who is a daily or 'active' user of this site or even raider fan in general, would take when it came to this back and fourth b/w us.

You're a dick. NO one likes you. I'm sure you enjoy the hell out of that...most 30-something year olds, who still live under their "mother's wing" would.

By the way, I would love for you to know just "what I do in VIRGINIA"...I help over 1,000 children in the local school districts each week who live in food insecure homes. What's a food insecure home? One that offers little to no food to the people who live in that home. I distribute bags filled with meals for each day, so that the kids have a reliable means of food.

I don't know what you do in the rock you live under, but don't i'm sure people respect what I do....minus your dumb, bronco loving ass.

Fuck you buddy.
A reporter asked Davis about the efficancy of the team’s background checks considering Kiffin and Cable’s history:  “We’re very bad at it,” Davis said.  

Awesome.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
Would much rather live in Virginia, than in a Bronco fan's body, because you sir are a bronco fan. A sorry, classless, puke who is an attention whore.

Get a life fella. I'd rather live in Virginia and not only have the respect of everyone on here, but also be able to call them my friends. You call up Juan and talk to him for an hour about Raider football...your number would probably end up being tracked and you would get your ass handed to you.

How do you have time to put me in a Bronco fan box between dog fights?  Didn't know you were Juan's bitch.  R U the Flavor Flav to his Chuck D?  His Bob Arum who schedules and promotes his fights.  How about U let me and Juan take care of me and Juan and you keep doing what you do in VIRGINIA

Offline Virginia Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »
Just listened to the podcast last night.  The UM's and AH's section was very funny.  I also heard Raider Greg mention Grad played or reminds him of Jeff Garcia.  I believe I posted that also.  Good to see we agree on something  ;D

Juan Jorge, I don't know if your are that same Juan on this forum, but don't let the pre-season stuff get you down, it means nothing.  As far as special teams they have to keep trying out different people for kickoffs and punts.  A lot of those guys won't be on the team after the final cuts anyway.    The O-line is crap and I've been saying that from the start. 

Injuries, all you guys complaining about the injured like McFadden, would you rather they play injured?  For a player to keep playing injured is stupid.  It would only shorten their career and since contracts aren't guaranteed in the NFL, you don't want to go out injured and make it worse. 

Ohh I didn't forget you Virginia Raider.  I may be the most hated on this site but you live in VIRGINIA

Awesome.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2010, 01:02:24 PM »
Your wife doesn't play football.  It's not like they want to be injured.  I'm sure they would both rather be on the field.  Didn't Schilens just have surgery?  This isn't like the 70's when they just got shot up and played.  If they play injured at say 70% and play like crap, it shortens their careers, cost them money on their next contract and the potential of the injury getting worse.   Soon as your production falls owners don't care if you were loyal or played with pain.  They aren't getting injured on purpose.  Chaz had knee surgery.  How effective would he be with a injured knee?

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2010, 11:44:06 AM »
The guy stays injured all the time.  Just like Schilens, they dont ever get off the training table.  Its not that they get injured, its that they stay injured.  MY WIFE is tougher than these 2 clowns.  I like both of them, I see great potential, unfortunately potential does not do crap from the trainers room.  SEW UP THE VAGINAs and lets get on the field.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:18:20 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2010, 11:39:27 AM »
Just listened to the podcast last night.  The UM's and AH's section was very funny.  I also heard Raider Greg mention Grad played or reminds him of Jeff Garcia.  I believe I posted that also.  Good to see we agree on something  ;D.  

Juan Jorge, I don't know if your are that same Juan on this forum, but don't let the pre-season stuff get you down, it means nothing.  As far as special teams they have to keep trying out different people for kickoffs and punts.  A lot of those guys won't be on the team after the final cuts anyway.    The O-line is crap and I've been saying that from the start.  

Injuries, all you guys complaining about the injured like McFadden, would you rather they play injured?  For a player to keep playing injured is stupid.  It would only shorten their career and since contracts aren't guaranteed in the NFL, you don't want to go out injured and make it worse.  

Ohh I didn't forget you Virginia Raider.  I may be the most hated on this site but you live in VIRGINIA