Author Topic: Video Games, X-box, Madden, Playstation, etc.  (Read 12665 times)

Online Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Madden 13 to include "Tebowing"
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 01:53:35 AM »
Tebowing will invade Madden 13
Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/20/tebowing-will-invade-madden-13/

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:57:33 AM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Re: Video Games, X-box, Playstation, etc.
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2011, 07:28:20 PM »
This weekend I popped NFL 2k5 for the xbox.  Still the best football video game I have ever played.  Played a game with the raiders.  WTF didn't that team do well?  I can't remember, but they had some very nice talent

SgtRaider in K-town

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2011, 06:02:42 AM »
XBL GT- Zombiewhoard502 add me

Online Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Here's an excerpt from an article telling the story of how John Madden got involved with Electronic Arts in the early development of the Madden NFL video game:

As the story goes, EA suggested that the first game bearing Madden’s name go light, maybe with seven players on a side, to cut down on the complexity of programming and playing the game. Here is Madden’s reaction to that suggestion:

Early on the company paid big money to sports legends to give authenticity to their games, and when Trip decided to make the definitive football game, he enlisted legendary Oakland Raiders coach and commercial pitchman John Madden to be the (giant) face of the game. When the developers showed Madden an early version of the game that could only display seven players per team, John wasn’t shy about sharing what he thought.

“Fuck that and fuck you people. Either we do it fuckin’ right or we don’t fuckin’ do it at all.” The team was pretty shocked to hear him saying things he’d normally keep confined to the locker room, but it ultimately pushed the team to get their football game as close to perfect as possible. They toiled for years, even as some in the company wanted to cancel the seemingly unending project, and when it finally did launch it created a dynasty that will probably exist as long as people throw footballs and the NFL gives exclusive contracts.

Complete article:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/the-potty-mouth-origins-of-a-video-game-mainstay/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:21:14 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »
x box 360!   gamer tag is       oaklandraider77
JUST CHANGED MY GAMER TAG  XBOX 360 ===========HELLRAIDER77
sold my x box and got a PS3.............i know...........crazy......................but i only play sports games and the PS3 has MLB the show................which is the best video game i have ever played..................and I can play all my sports games on 1 unit now......where The  SHOW is only available on PS3............second best game is now NHL..............................the SHOW blows MLB 2K11 out of the water......................My gamer tag will be HELLRAIDER77 once playstation network comes back up sometime next week..........it was hacked or something!

Don't you think you should tell me these things? LOL! No more madden sparing partner...

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
sold my x box and got a PS3.............i know...........crazy......................but i only play sports games and the PS3 has MLB the show................which is the best video game i have ever played..................and I can play all my sports games on 1 unit now......where The  SHOW is only available on PS3............second best game is now NHL..............................the SHOW blows MLB 2K11 out of the water......................My gamer tag will be HELLRAIDER77 once playstation network comes back up sometime next week..........it was hacked or something!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: I guess Madden games don't change
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »
The creator of the original John Madden Football video game is suing Electronic Arts.

Robin Antonick, who developed the first Madden title released in 1988 for MS-DOS, Commodore, and Apple II platforms, claims EA owes him a substantial amount of unpaid royalties. Antonick says the contract he signed with the publisher in 1986 was never terminated and in fact remains in force to this day.

The contract requires EA to pay Antonick royalties on not only the versions of Madden developed by him, but also any derivative works. Antonick alleges EA is using software he originally developed in the current generation of software for its Madden titles.

"Only recently, as a result of publicity surrounding the 20th Anniversary of the Madden video game, did Antonick become aware that Electronic Arts did not independently develop subsequent versions of its Madden NFL software," the complaint says. "Instead, according to recent statements by Electronic Arts founder Trip Hawkins, the current generation of software apparently was derived from software developed by Antonick."

Antonick is seeking tens of millions of unpaid royalties owed to him under the contract and requests EA pays him an amount equal to the profits the publisher earned for the franchise, which to date has sold 85 million copies for over $4 billion in sales.

"Unknown to Antonick, Electronic Arts decided that it did not want to share these profits with him even though he was responsible for the development of virtually all the ground-breaking technology at the heart of the game even though Electronic Arts had committed to a long term relationship in which it would pay him royalties over the entire life of the franchise," the lawsuit says.

Tiffany Steckler, an EA spokesperson, said in an e-mail: "The complaint and its 20 year-old claim are utterly without merit."

You can bet your sweet ass that if the boys dont play football this year I certainly wont be buying MADDEN..........besides..........the NHL game is way freakin' better!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
I guess Madden games don't change
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »
The creator of the original John Madden Football video game is suing Electronic Arts.

Robin Antonick, who developed the first Madden title released in 1988 for MS-DOS, Commodore, and Apple II platforms, claims EA owes him a substantial amount of unpaid royalties. Antonick says the contract he signed with the publisher in 1986 was never terminated and in fact remains in force to this day.

The contract requires EA to pay Antonick royalties on not only the versions of Madden developed by him, but also any derivative works. Antonick alleges EA is using software he originally developed in the current generation of software for its Madden titles.

"Only recently, as a result of publicity surrounding the 20th Anniversary of the Madden video game, did Antonick become aware that Electronic Arts did not independently develop subsequent versions of its Madden NFL software," the complaint says. "Instead, according to recent statements by Electronic Arts founder Trip Hawkins, the current generation of software apparently was derived from software developed by Antonick."

Antonick is seeking tens of millions of unpaid royalties owed to him under the contract and requests EA pays him an amount equal to the profits the publisher earned for the franchise, which to date has sold 85 million copies for over $4 billion in sales.

"Unknown to Antonick, Electronic Arts decided that it did not want to share these profits with him even though he was responsible for the development of virtually all the ground-breaking technology at the heart of the game even though Electronic Arts had committed to a long term relationship in which it would pay him royalties over the entire life of the franchise," the lawsuit says.

Tiffany Steckler, an EA spokesperson, said in an e-mail: "The complaint and its 20 year-old claim are utterly without merit."

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »
Has anyone seen the Serena Williams top spin 4 commercial banned from television?

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2010, 11:18:56 AM »
They have highlights, on saturday, option watch different games around the country, plus fringe sports like rugby, tennis, etc.  I came home Sunday night and was able to watch the USC Vs Oregon game on-demand.  Wednesday, I watched the Celtics basketball game and the South Florida football game.  while watching the game you can choose who you think will win and be updated on all the scores.  You can also watch the game in a lobby like atmosphere showing all the avatar of all the others watching and they all the broadcast are in HD which is good for me because my building doesn't have a HD satelitte so even though I have a HD tv.  All my sports were broadcast on standard def.  Now I can watch in HD because of this setup

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
Anyone notice Xbox Live now has a ESPN channel?
I saw that...Need to look in to what they will offer...sportcenter? Would love to see the E:60 and 30 for 30 on demand...

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2010, 07:40:04 PM »
Anyone notice Xbox Live now has a ESPN channel?

Raider PaCMaN

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »
xbl gt -      CCP P MoNeY

hit me up to play some madden

Offline RaiderJim75

• Rookie Member
  • It's Time To Take Back The Swagger
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
My XBL account got hacked, so I started a new one.

My new GT is Mustapha Rasta

Add me, fellas!

I'll add you bro, it will be from Kocur026 

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:26 AM »

Just Changed my underwear (after seeing pics of your wife)... Gamertag FRESHJOCKS
Added you.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »

Add me, fellas!

Added you.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »

Just Changed my underwear (after seeing pics of your wife)... Gamertag FRESHJOCKS
Well thanks, she is ok I guess.......Still paying off the 8,000 dollar boob job.  Pretty enjoyable when I get to see them.......Being that I am married :D :D

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2010, 07:22:47 PM »
xbox tag: Millernation

Shocking isn't it.  But I don't play madden.  Still waiting for another 2k football game

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2010, 04:02:07 PM »

Offline Virginia Raider

• Hall Of Famer
  • Tell your boss to give you a damn lunch break.
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »

Add me, fellas!
A reporter asked Davis about the efficancy of the team’s background checks considering Kiffin and Cable’s history:  “We’re very bad at it,” Davis said.  

Awesome.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2010, 12:26:31 AM »
Nice to see Nnamdi's rating back up to 99.  Weird that Seymour's rating dropped.
yeah, not sure what is going on with that Seymour thing,  maybe because he is hurt.  I dont like the new update though, it seems like to me the int's and fumbles are back,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :'(

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »
Nice to see Nnamdi's rating back up to 99.  Weird that Seymour's rating dropped.

Offline Virginia Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
Changed my 360 GT to Sir Topem Hatt (the top hat guy from Thomas the Train lol)

Hit me up!!!
A reporter asked Davis about the efficancy of the team’s background checks considering Kiffin and Cable’s history:  “We’re very bad at it,” Davis said.  

Awesome.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2010, 08:16:14 PM »
I ran back a punt using Higgins vs Dallas, just have to follow the blockers closely, but I got lucky using a stiffarm, then I hit the R button, made someone miss me, then hit the afterburners and was home free....   It is difficult though, the rest of the day I had problems running anything back over 10 yards....  Beat the Cowpunks 45-3 in the Taj Mahal... 
Nice! Hopefully that's the score of the game tonight.

Offline RaiderJim75

• Rookie Member
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 06:03:43 PM »
I ran back a punt using Higgins vs Dallas, just have to follow the blockers closely, but I got lucky using a stiffarm, then I hit the R button, made someone miss me, then hit the afterburners and was home free....   It is difficult though, the rest of the day I had problems running anything back over 10 yards....  Beat the Cowpunks 45-3 in the Taj Mahal... 

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Madden 11
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »
Just got done playin for 4 strait hours. Best player on the team from what is got.....  Kamerion Wimbley!?  He had 4 sacks in a game against the Eagles. I won the Super Bowl and Obama is in the game!  that was a shock.....  Our D, when I blitzed was almost unstoppable. O-line left a lot to be desired........   Heyward-Bey didn't drop one pass in 5 games! Bush got a 33 yard TD on a wildcat fake (very effective)   Overall team looks a lot better than last year.   Most interesting fact: Campbell's rating 83  JRuss's rating 62  that says it all!

I agree about the oline.  O-line is bad....pocket collapses really quick.
I really have not had that many problems, what I like the best is that the 6-7 turnovers per game are gone.  The linebackers do not have a 12 foot vertical and the players drag their feet before going out of bounds.  THe running game is also way more effective than last year.  However, the kicking game sucks, return wise,  difficult to get long returns. Every once in a while you might get somewhere and the audible or the hot route pad sucks.  Overall, the best MADDEN game in 10 years, hands down.  I forgot, what the fuck happened to the halftime show,  its gone, like it never happened.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »
Just got done playin for 4 strait hours. Best player on the team from what is got.....  Kamerion Wimbley!?  He had 4 sacks in a game against the Eagles. I won the Super Bowl and Obama is in the game!  that was a shock.....  Our D, when I blitzed was almost unstoppable. O-line left a lot to be desired........   Heyward-Bey didn't drop one pass in 5 games! Bush got a 33 yard TD on a wildcat fake (very effective)   Overall team looks a lot better than last year.   Most interesting fact: Campbell's rating 83  JRuss's rating 62  that says it all!

I agree about the oline.  O-line is bad....pocket collapses really quick.

Raider Jake

« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2010, 05:09:49 AM »
Just got done playin for 4 strait hours. Best player on the team from what is got.....  Kamerion Wimbley!?  He had 4 sacks in a game against the Eagles. I won the Super Bowl and Obama is in the game!  that was a shock.....  Our D, when I blitzed was almost unstoppable. O-line left a lot to be desired........   Heyward-Bey didn't drop one pass in 5 games! Bush got a 33 yard TD on a wildcat fake (very effective)   Overall team looks a lot better than last year.   Most interesting fact: Campbell's rating 83  JRuss's rating 62  that says it all!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Madden 11
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2010, 03:00:48 AM »
Just got MADDEN at midnight.  Running is easier, and Henderson had 5 sacks.  Seymour is a beast.  Cant quite put all team members on the roster because they dont allow it.  Good for the first game, we shall see if it continues.  I usually find something about the game every year that pisses me off.!

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »
anyone that wants a nice assss whooooping 

RAIDA707 IS MY GAMETAG!

my cousin set it up and took the liberty of making that my tag i would have made it OklandRaida84

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »
Those games are cool looking, but I only play sports games.  MADDEN, TIGER,NCAA, NBA, and NHL.

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »
wont catch me ever buying a PS3.  Xbox live is way better than sony's online.  AND I ALREADY HAVE A BLU-RAY so dont say XBOX does not have a blu-ray.  This is an opinion by the way,  SO LET ME FIRST OF ALL SAY,  I AM NOT POSTING THIS IN ORDER TO GET A REACTION.  I ENJOYED THE FIRST PLAYSTATION AND THEN I WENT THROUGH 4, YES 4 PS2'S UNTIL I GOT ONE THAT WORKED.  I KNOW EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT THE RED RING OF DEATH, GREAT, MINE HAS NOT BROKE YET AND IF IT DOES THEN OH WELL. I HAVE HAD MY XBOX FOR 5 YEARS NOW SO THE CHANCES OF IT BREAKING ARE GOOD I SUPPOSE.  I DONT PURCHASE ANYTHING SONY, SO I AM NOT SLAMMING THE PS3, I JUST THINK THAT SONY IS GARBAGE IN GENERAL, NO TVS DVD PLAYERS, OR RADIOS.  IF EVERYONE ELSE IS HAPPY WITH SONY, THEN I SAY,,,,,,,,ENJOY.  I THINK THAT THE BACKBREAKER GAME SUCKS BY THE WAY. 

Oh give in to the temptation and join us on the dark side :P

In all seriousness....games are really starting to take advantage of the PS3's power now...more and more games coming out that simply couldn't be done on the 360 ;)  Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Uncharted series is reason enough to have a PS3 :)

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
Yeah I'm anxious for it too....already ebayed my copy of 10.  Amazon was having a pre-order special in which you got $20 off your next game purchase....pretty sweet deal considering I'll put that on a Gran Turismo 5 pre-order ;)

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2010, 01:48:47 AM »
raida707

(PS3)!!!!

Offline RaiderJim75

• Rookie Member
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

Feel free to add me my raida brothern!

Hmm.. wont let me add, you...it claims you dont exist!! say it is'nt so!!  :o

Well, aint that a bitch...try spacing it out or something. If not, i'll go through all of you guys' GT's and add y'all!

mine is Kocur026 (XBOX360)

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
wont catch me ever buying a PS3.  Xbox live is way better than sony's online.  AND I ALREADY HAVE A BLU-RAY so dont say XBOX does not have a blu-ray.  This is an opinion by the way,  SO LET ME FIRST OF ALL SAY,  I AM NOT POSTING THIS IN ORDER TO GET A REACTION.  I ENJOYED THE FIRST PLAYSTATION AND THEN I WENT THROUGH 4, YES 4 PS2'S UNTIL I GOT ONE THAT WORKED.  I KNOW EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT THE RED RING OF DEATH, GREAT, MINE HAS NOT BROKE YET AND IF IT DOES THEN OH WELL. I HAVE HAD MY XBOX FOR 5 YEARS NOW SO THE CHANCES OF IT BREAKING ARE GOOD I SUPPOSE.  I DONT PURCHASE ANYTHING SONY, SO I AM NOT SLAMMING THE PS3, I JUST THINK THAT SONY IS GARBAGE IN GENERAL, NO TVS DVD PLAYERS, OR RADIOS.  IF EVERYONE ELSE IS HAPPY WITH SONY, THEN I SAY,,,,,,,,ENJOY.  I THINK THAT THE BACKBREAKER GAME SUCKS BY THE WAY. 

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
BACKBREAKER IS WAK!!!
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2010, 04:56:43 AM »
Has anyone played that new 3rd Generation Console Game called Backbreaker (available on PS3 and X360)

The Gameplay is not bad, But it was a downright disrespectful the Oakland team they had in there called "The Scrouge"

Anyways what irked me the  most is they had the Colour Scheme for the BITCH ASS POTTY NINERS!!!

I don't know if im gonna commit to buying a copy considering Madden is just around the corner 8 weeks or so baby!!!

& plus im phasing out my XBOX360 as i've got a newer type model ps3 (after owning the original 1st release X360) ... I Hope there's cats to play madden with on ps3 cause i know XBOX LIVE represents hardout!!!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

That worked...thx!

Well, aint that a bitch...try spacing it out or something. If not, i'll go through all of you guys' GT's and add y'all!

VR - I had the same problem.  You can go ahead and add me GT NCRaiderfan.

all is well, just needs be spaced out as such: Sir Funky Llama

TartanRaider

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

all is well, just needs be spaced out as such: Sir Funky Llama

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2010, 07:38:57 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

TartanRaider

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

Ok i shall give it another try dude! mine is Scurto32 incase i once again fail! lol

Offline Virginia Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

Awesome.

TartanRaider

« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »
Mario Henderson just put his up on twitter (for xbox)  big supa 75

Woo! awesome, invite sent...

Raider Jake

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »
Mario Henderson just put his up on twitter (for xbox)  big supa 75

TartanRaider

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

Offline Virginia Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
GT is SirFunkyLlama

Awesome.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »
Same goes for Raiderboy! Great games last night...most importantly it was great to talk raider football brotha!

TartanRaider

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2010, 07:43:37 PM »
Anyone looking for a challenging game of Madden add TartanRaider (gamertag is Scurto32) to your your friends list.  We had a great game and was a class act. 

Why thankyou sir! we truly did have a good tight game until that last quarter.  And it was awesome to get to chat with ya, even if my accent did throw you a little sometimes eh! lol