RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Create Your Own Topic Here

AL DAVIS press conference what did you think about it??????

(1/5) > >>

Matty Raider:
I absolutely agree.

It's an old school way of thinking.  No poon before the game!

It makes your legs weaker and takes off the edge you might have the following day going into kickoff.

Some fighters do it during their whole training regimen.  We're only talking the night before gameday, no?

houston raider:

--- Quote from: Randy on January 19, 2011, 05:01:36 PM ---Did you guys catch that part of the press conference when Al Davis said this?

"one of the things revealed by Miss Lutz was too much for me, and that was, I don't know if it was true, I, we're going to find out, but Tom was asked about it and refused to answer it. He brought her on trip on the road when the team was playing on the road, he's the head coach, and this is the guy who's talking about focus, we got a job to do, we got a game to play, we gotta win…….and there……flying in friends (long pause)......so they could be with him the night before the game. All this stuff goes a long way against my wishes, against my way of living, against my life, and against the Raider way…..and I just wasn't gonna take it anymore."

The newspapers today referred to this as a "rule" that the Raiders have, but it was unclear whether this is a contractual rule or what.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think this is a league-wide practice? No female companionship the night before the game on the road? I guess the teams are always in hotels, with no family in their rooms...so I guess it must be standard practice. Do you think this should be "against the Raider way?" I'll bet Ken Stabler and some of those guys known for bending the rules and playing things a little loose before big games may have gone contrary to this "Raider Way" a time or two. You know Joe Namath did! Opinions?

That one rule probably kept HellRaider out of pro football!

--- End quote ---

Ahhhhhhh, Al is just jealous at his age he is just happy if a woman is in the room-hey i can relate to that comment-lmao  :D

RaiderWildeStyle:
It's easy to turn a blind eye when the team's winning, keep drinking and partying is what i say.

But when you're a team that's 5-11 being embarrassed by bad teams then whether it's Jamarcus Russell or Nnamdi Asomugha, they should all be in bed by a certain time.

Al Davis probably also has a duty of care with Tom Cable. Once a Woman basher, always a woman basher. What happens if Tom Cable is snorting a few lines, knocking back a few Jack Daniels and decides to go buckwild on Miss Lutz and put her head through a window?... Al Davis would get sued knowing Tom's history.

I think Kenny Stabler had a clause in his contract that if he won on Sunday he'd get to bang some Raiderettes on Monday!!! I certainly would bust a nut for one of those Felines.

HELLRAIDER:
cant wait to hear the podcast show after this little gem of a dirty laundering press conference! :D

Raider Bob from Knoxville:

--- Quote from: Millernation on January 19, 2011, 06:14:59 PM ---Marcus Allen was fucking one of Al Davis's stashes.  That is what happened to him

--- End quote ---
I never ruled that out, for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version