RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Raiders Coaching Staff

<< < (135/149) > >>

Raider Rodney:

--- Quote from: Randy on January 05, 2011, 02:09:19 PM ---I don't see Al Davis hiring anyone other than Hue Jackson for head coach. The 49ers ask for permission to interview Jackson, and within hours Cable is notified that they won't extend his contract. Why else would they act so fast unless it was because they didn't want to lose Jackson?

Hue Jackson wants to be a head coach, and if another team makes him the offer and the Raiders don't, he wouldn't stick around to be offensive coordinator. As soon as I heard Hue Jackson's first speech at the Raiders podium in front of the media, it became obvious to me that Al brought him in as a successor to Cable. It was just a matter of time. This was probably Al's plan all along. I don't think Cable ever had a chance to coach here beyond this point. Al had a year to look at Jackson and make sure that he would make a good head coach.

I'll bet that Al has already spoken with Jackson and made him the offer. They'll just hold off on the official press conference until whatever day Al decides is the right time to make the announcement. On the other hand, who was it....Kiffin....or Gruden....who said that he doesn't remember Al ever actually offering him the job verbally? He never actually put it in words. I think it was Gruden.

Has anyone heard if there is a meeting time scheduled for Jackson to meet with the 49ers? I'm wondering if that is still in the works. What if Hue wants to hear more than one offer? He's sitting in a position of power now. I wonder if he'll use any leverage to get the best contract he can moneywise? He might tell Al he wants to hear other offers, and force Al to make him a sweet offer in order to stay. What do you guys think?

UPDATE:

Hue Jackson is interviewing for the 49ers head coaching job today, per this article I just ran across:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80352

--- End quote ---

With our luck...Cables gone....and Jackson will sign with the 49ers....then what Al???

Randy:
I don't see Al Davis hiring anyone other than Hue Jackson for head coach. The 49ers ask for permission to interview Jackson, and within hours Cable is notified that they won't extend his contract. Why else would they act so fast unless it was because they didn't want to lose Jackson?

Hue Jackson wants to be a head coach, and if another team makes him the offer and the Raiders don't, he wouldn't stick around to be offensive coordinator. As soon as I heard Hue Jackson's first speech at the Raiders podium in front of the media, it became obvious to me that Al brought him in as a successor to Cable. It was just a matter of time. This was probably Al's plan all along. I don't think Cable ever had a chance to coach here beyond this point. Al had a year to look at Jackson and make sure that he would make a good head coach.

I'll bet that Al has already spoken with Jackson and made him the offer. They'll just hold off on the official press conference until whatever day Al decides is the right time to make the announcement. On the other hand, who was it....Kiffin....or Gruden....who said that he doesn't remember Al ever actually offering him the job verbally? He never actually put it in words. I think it was Gruden.

Has anyone heard if there is a meeting time scheduled for Jackson to meet with the 49ers? I'm wondering if that is still in the works. What if Hue wants to hear more than one offer? He's sitting in a position of power now. I wonder if he'll use any leverage to get the best contract he can moneywise? He might tell Al he wants to hear other offers, and force Al to make him a sweet offer in order to stay. What do you guys think?

UPDATE:

Hue Jackson is interviewing for the 49ers head coaching job today, per this article I just ran across:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80352

2nd UPDATE

This Rotoworld news headline says "Raiders OC Hue Jackson reportedly expects to speak with owner Al Davis "very soon," despite his Wednesday interview for the 49ers' head coaching vacancy":
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=842&line=198164&spln=1

CNY Raider Fan:

--- Quote from: Raider Rodney on January 05, 2011, 01:35:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Millernation on January 05, 2011, 01:25:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: HELLRAIDER on January 05, 2011, 01:09:29 PM ---when the employees of any business are pissed off about management they dont perform as well or choose to leave......any of you who have not taken a look at the free agent list of ours need to examine what will happen when all the good ones leave..........the team will suck...................................again........!

--- End quote ---

so who is pissed of the punter?  Fuck him.  He rarely gets hit or does the hitting.  U go out on the football field playing half ass and the other team will put your azz in the hospital. 

The first person you need to believe is your QB and Campbell is happy Cable is gone.  Some players need to go. 

--- End quote ---

But Miller, you have to at least agree that...if it isn't someone that can, as Lechler said, "handle the whole Al situation" it will be a disaster again.  That's why I say surely he has some big-name coach that can do it.  I'm afraid if it's Jackson it will be bad...another fucking puppet :(  I do agree that there are peeps that need to go...front office all the way down.  But if he fired Cable...for Jackson...yeesh.

I'm holding on to the glimmer of hope it's Cowher or Gruden....before I get too pissed...

--- End quote ---

I just don't see either Cowher or Gruden coming to Oakland. I can't remember a time when Al brought in a proven HC ... let alone he won't pay the money that those two coaches will ask for and deserve.

houston raider:

--- Quote from: Raider Greg on January 05, 2011, 11:44:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: Millernation on January 05, 2011, 11:21:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Raidersully on January 04, 2011, 08:08:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: HELLRAIDER on January 04, 2011, 07:58:27 PM ---Mr. Miller, site your unnamed raider player.......you always act like you know everything about football......What team have you coached...........I think you like to talk just to get a rise out of people......if you cant name the player then dont make the statements.....

--- End quote ---

He has no player. He is only here to get validation from strangers about his supposed "football knowledge" to boost his small sad ego. The fact is this guy does not say anything that a few nights watching Inside The NFL couldn't teach you. Honestly. Has this guy ever said anything enlightening? Or anything that hasn't been said time and time again here? He walked into a well established RAIDER forum and thought he would dispense knowledge that would some how make him "king of the boards". What he found was plenty of knowledgeable RAIDER fans who had little time for his bullshit. Perhaps his wife doesn't let him talk very much at home and this is his only way to feel superior. Or perhaps he is a failed athlete trying to recapture his glory days. Let me guess Millernation. Did you once score four touchdowns in a single game?

--- End quote ---

Since I don't watch Inside the NFL, I guess Showtime should call me and hire me on the cheap.  Thanks though for the Dr. Phil analysis.  I never scored 4 touchdowns in a single game but I came very close and had teammates who did.  

I did say at the beginning of the season that Louis Murphy is not a #1 NFL wideout.  Wasn't that enlightening because it sure turned out to be true.  I guess its cool to put your opinions on the board unless it doesn't agree with the certain members.  True, anyone posting on this board could be full of bullsh!t but could also be credible.  I guess if your opinion is unpopular by the board elitist, you are full of bullsh!t  :-\

--- End quote ---

Ok....Were all fliped the fuck out here......Classic Al Davis....Big move...Perhaps he will even come out with a video about how he came about it....No matter.....Its Al's team and HE will decide who will be the new "pupet" in this Coaching nightmare....No GM is why we have this mess......I will be doing a show on Thursday and tell you guys what I think but the REAL truth (Millernation) is Hue Jackson STABED Cable in the back  and twisetd the blade.....The team will NOT play for him....NOPE they will be jumping ship for greener pastures......He is a snake in the grass and the team knows it....No hiding it.....We WILL not have as good a season next  year for this reason alone.....Fucking unreal!

--- End quote ---
                 Hey Greg,
I rode a greyhound bus 34 hours-roundtrip and i am on cloud 9 that the Raiders won at arrowhead.Then i heard late last night on JT the Brick's show that cable was fired. I still am pissed off....We finally go 8-8 and the fans have HOPE after 8 SHITTY seasons and then we get kicked in the balls.I am SO Pissed at AD right now....I'm probably NOT going to see the Raiders in oakland next year-i'd rather give the HUNT family my money or another team we go to....crazy uncle AL really knows how to FUCK things up for us Diehard fans....we DESERVE Better than the Scraps AD is throwing us!!!

Raider Rodney:

--- Quote from: Millernation on January 05, 2011, 01:25:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: HELLRAIDER on January 05, 2011, 01:09:29 PM ---when the employees of any business are pissed off about management they dont perform as well or choose to leave......any of you who have not taken a look at the free agent list of ours need to examine what will happen when all the good ones leave..........the team will suck...................................again........!

--- End quote ---

so who is pissed of the punter?  Fuck him.  He rarely gets hit or does the hitting.  U go out on the football field playing half ass and the other team will put your azz in the hospital. 

The first person you need to believe is your QB and Campbell is happy Cable is gone.  Some players need to go. 

--- End quote ---

But Miller, you have to at least agree that...if it isn't someone that can, as Lechler said, "handle the whole Al situation" it will be a disaster again.  That's why I say surely he has some big-name coach that can do it.  I'm afraid if it's Jackson it will be bad...another fucking puppet :(  I do agree that there are peeps that need to go...front office all the way down.  But if he fired Cable...for Jackson...yeesh.

I'm holding on to the glimmer of hope it's Cowher or Gruden....before I get too pissed...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version