Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 60281 times)

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 10:41:37 PM »
heres the link to the RNP chatroom if anyone cares to join me?

http://client11.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=322491
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:47:24 PM by Randy »

Arian

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 10:40:57 PM »
Well, this was just fucking stupid.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
ill be in the chat room i need to release some steam

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
This makes no sense to me........................There better be one good motherfucking coach coming to be the next coach.......or all the good free agents that we need to re-sign will bolt and get paid like kings on way better fucking teams......................I was doing so good with my language the last few days.................this is another bonehead decision.......................................again....................unless there is some greatness that will be coming................................................FUCK@! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? >:( :( :o :o :( >:( :o :o

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:30:46 PM by Randy »

RaiderAnalicia

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »
The only thing that will make me feel better about Cable getting fired is if I wake up tomorrow to find that Gruden is the new HC.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 10:15:12 PM »
I don't get it.....

Filed to ESPN: Raiders informed Tom Cable they will not pick up the option in his contract. He no longer is the Raiders head coach.

Offline Big Raider Dave

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »
I am gutted that Cable has been sacked.
"Randall, put that Ipod away"

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

raidersully

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 08:08:10 PM »
Mr. Miller, site your unnamed raider player.......you always act like you know everything about football......What team have you coached...........I think you like to talk just to get a rise out of people......if you cant name the player then dont make the statements.....

He has no player. He is only here to get validation from strangers about his supposed "football knowledge" to boost his small sad ego. The fact is this guy does not say anything that a few nights watching Inside The NFL couldn't teach you. Honestly. Has this guy ever said anything enlightening? Or anything that hasn't been said time and time again here? He walked into a well established RAIDER forum and thought he would dispense knowledge that would some how make him "king of the boards". What he found was plenty of knowledgeable RAIDER fans who had little time for his bullshit. Perhaps his wife doesn't let him talk very much at home and this is his only way to feel superior. Or perhaps he is a failed athlete trying to recapture his glory days. Let me guess Millernation. Did you once score four touchdowns in a single game?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:14:26 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »
Mr. Miller, site your unnamed raider player.......you always act like you know everything about football......What team have you coached...........I think you like to talk just to get a rise out of people......if you cant name the player then dont make the statements.....

raidersully

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »
Jabusto is not the only one who contributed to his downfall.  Cable never liked him and sought ways to undercut him.  Jabusto would be told by Cable to report by a certain time then whine that Jabusto would never come in early. 

Jabusto would get nothing but negative feedback from Cable althought Cable would always give positive feedback to the other QB's.

He would blame Jabusto for missing reads the o-line was suppose to make.

Jabusto would ask Cable questions in meeting and at practice and Cable would always respond with Don't worry about it.  So give me a break about Jabusto. 

Didn't the Chefs have a knew OC and DC also?  Didn't the chefs also have injuries and rookies?  You're giving shitty excuses.  The team has gotten better because they have better talent.  They still went 2-8 outside their division loosing to teams like the DeadBirds and the 4.9ers. 

One more year would mean signing him to another contract and he will want more than 1 year 

This was conveyed to me by a raider player.  Jabusto was lazy and should have worked harder but he received little push from Cable who never wanted him as a Raider QB anyway. 

Are you seriously defending JaBusto? You ARE fucking crazy. Perhaps what Cable saw was a player too high to get the job done? Perhaps he saw a player that could not man up and do what a professional player is expected to do? Perhaps he realized JaBusto did not give a shit about football once he was paid. When your third string QB makes a point to say to the media how surprised he was to see JaBusto arrive early before practice, that says plenty for me.

Of course didn't Cable and the offensive coaches also "dumb down" the play book for JaBusto and they even cut the field in half for him as far as reads. Please. This guy was built like a brick shit house and went down with ankle tackles. JaBusto is a waste and THE biggest bust to ever be drafted. This the fault of Al and JaBusto. No one else. You want me to give it a rest because it disproves your piss poor arguments.

Yes the quiefs did get new OC and DC coaches and improved. But they also have been having solid drafts for the last few years, a GM, and a non-meddling owner. They did not get great over night. They only got better. My "shitty" excuses are nothing compared to your shitty arguments.

Yes he will get a two year extension. But when has that ever stopped an owner from firing a HC before a contract is up? Even more so when that owner is Al Davis. If you are still not sure the answer to that question. Ask Shanarat and Kiffin.

Ah yes. your "unnamed RAIDER player" that you say you know. So should Cable have held his hand when he was to drunk from the "sizurp" to attend meetings? Or should he have wiped his chin as JaBusto finished off his 12 cheeseburger? JaBusto is a grown man. If he is unable to find his balls and acted like one. Then why should Cable find them for him?

raidersully

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 07:31:49 PM »
Jackson would keep the current stability in place.  Curly-Joe made decisions that cost the raiders games, a division and the playoffs

Ahhh, Childress took his team to the NFC championship game last year.  Made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years.  Hardly the Norv Turner of the NFC.  He is surely a better coach than Curly-Joe

The Eagles OC is also looking at HC positions.

Would he? It seems the players are pretty out spoken about keeping Cable. Not to mention don't you think Jackson would bring in a new style of coaching? How did the stability of the team work out when Callahan took over? Or have you forgotten?

And yet with all that the Viking sent him packing mid way through he year and no tears were shed. Norv has taken his team to the playoffs three out of the four years he coached including a Championship game. The reason he did not make it this year. Because the RAIDERS beat them twice. So I say again. The Norv Turner of the NFC. The only difference is Norv's services are being retained at the moment. Lets hope it stays that way.

He is looking to be a HC. It seems the Browns are already talking to him.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Browns-expected-to-interview-Marty-Mornhinweg.html

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 07:31:09 PM »
Jabusto is not the only one who contributed to his downfall.  Cable never liked him and sought ways to undercut him.  Jabusto would be told by Cable to report by a certain time then whine that Jabusto would never come in early. 

Jabusto would get nothing but negative feedback from Cable althought Cable would always give positive feedback to the other QB's.

He would blame Jabusto for missing reads the o-line was suppose to make.

Jabusto would ask Cable questions in meeting and at practice and Cable would always respond with Don't worry about it.  So give me a break about Jabusto. 

Didn't the Chefs have a knew OC and DC also?  Didn't the chefs also have injuries and rookies?  You're giving shitty excuses.  The team has gotten better because they have better talent.  They still went 2-8 outside their division loosing to teams like the DeadBirds and the 4.9ers. 

One more year would mean signing him to another contract and he will want more than 1 year 

This was conveyed to me by a raider player.  Jabusto was lazy and should have worked harder but he received little push from Cable who never wanted him as a Raider QB anyway. 

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17:43 PM »
Jackson would keep the current stability in place.  Curly-Joe made decisions that cost the raiders games, a division and the playoffs

Ahhh, Childress took his team to the NFC championship game last year.  Made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years.  Hardly the Norv Turner of the NFC.  He is surely a better coach than Curly-Joe

The Eagles OC is also looking at HC positions.

raidersully

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 07:15:45 PM »
Hey Keith.

This is exactly the reason why Cable should go. a 3 win improvement with no Jamarcus Russell in our lineup and all the other good things that have happened this offseason.

Cable Underachieved... He's been promising playoffs the last 2 years and failed to deliver both times.

Once again you are under selling the JaBusto story. That hurt this franchise big time. This is a quarterback driven league and we had a shit at the QB position and his back ups were, at best, 30-40 % better. This is the failure of Al and JaBusto. Not Cable.

Three win improvement is nothing to scoff at when you consider a new OC, new QB, new rookie MLB, starting the year with a shitty LT and only DMAC of our two back attack, Nnamdi being out two games, and DMAC for another two games. It is not the playoffs but it does show progress. More than any other coach for the last seven years. This team has gotten better with every year under Cable. What would one more year hurt? Again, it is not as though great caliber coaches are knocking down the doors of the RAIDER front office demanding an interview.

Here is another improvement I have yet to see talked about. How about Cable changing practice times before the Jags game to try and get the player better acclimated to the time change. Now I know many of you will point out that we did not win that game. True. But no doubt we performed better than our other two trips to the east(Titans and Pittsburg). A small thing perhaps. But it could pay dividends come next year.

raidersully

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 07:01:46 PM »
We already know H. Jackson would, which is your backup plan.  There are also many offensive and defensive coordinators who would take the chance at being head coach.  Dan Snyder landed Shanarat and everyone knows Snyder is a noisy, know nothing owner.  How about Childress?

Hue Jackson at best is a lateral move. No reason to fire Cable if the replacement is a step to the the left and not forward.

Childress?!?!?! Are YOU fucking insane? He is a horrible HC. He was the Norv Turner of the NFC. He lost the locker room and bet all his chips on an aging QB that he hoped would have another career year. No thanks.

As for Shanarat. He just needs to keep a check coming to keep his year around tan going. Snyder also does not poke his nose into play calling, offense and defensive schemes. He just thinks he can buy talent and it all works out. That is his major flaw.

Once again you cry for Cables head with no real coaching choices to take over. You might as well shout into the wind. Cables is not perfect. but he is what we have. Feel free to be upset and voice your opinion. It will do little to change Al's mind.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »
Tell U what I wouldn't do.  Hire the special teams coach the Fraudgers just fired  :D

I would bring in Mike Singletary as linebacker coach and hire a new o-line coach.

What is Jerry Rice ort James Lofton doing these days?  A receiving coach

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
How would you like Cable and Hue Jackson flip-flopping jobs? Guys like Shell, Callahan, Crenell, Turner, etc moved back down to asst. jobs after getting fired as head coach. What if the Raiders promoted Hue Jackson to head coach and offered Tom Cable a lower job to stay on with the Raiders?

After seeing how Cable called games in '09, I think I'd rather have Cable as head coach and Hue Jackson as OC, than have Cable go back to OC. I doubt that Cable would be willing to go all the way back down to offensive line coach, but that would be ok with me if he were willing to do it. What do you guys think?

If Jackson gets the head coach job, who should our OC be?

Let's play Raiders fantasy football. Al Davis just hired you as GM. What would you do? Who would you go after? Lay out your coaching staff and office staff.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Well said Raider Greg.  WTF can we do man!  Nada.  Just sit up in here and complain.  It is up to the Raiders organization what they are going to do.  I'll tell you what, they won't let Hue go unless we get a get a big-time coach (and YOU KNOW that isn't going to happen).  So, we will wait.  My prediction is that the Raiders will go with Hue as Al won't want to lose him as he was the one who got our offense rolling this year.  To all you guys who want to keep Cable...do you remember the games that he was calling that we would MAYBE score 1 TD an entire game?  C'mon man...

John Marshall will stay too!  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:39:52 PM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
We roll with Cable and H.Jackson for next year.  If H.Jackson leaves for SF then we replace the OC. I'd love to get Harbaugh BUT if he didn't want the job last year (rumoured to be offered it) why would he consider it this year.  It's not like he's going to get a chance to pick his staff.....
Cable is Gone if Jackson gets  the offer at San Fran......It was Jackson that put this offense in gear not Cable.....BUT.....NO one knows  but Davis.....HE is the one that keeps the Raider Nation in the Dark on this kind of thing......I don't care anymore.....WTF can we do...NOTHING.  NO GM = Bad choices.....Plain and simple......

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 03:16:51 PM »
When the media talks about Coach Cable's overall record as head coach they always forget he was lumbered with Russell when he came in and it was not till this year that he made the choices re QB and the development of our new young talent.

Hey Keith.

This is exactly the reason why Cable should go. a 3 win improvement with no Jamarcus Russell in our lineup and all the other good things that have happened this offseason.

Cable Underachieved... He's been promising playoffs the last 2 years and failed to deliver both times.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
We roll with Cable and H.Jackson for next year.  If H.Jackson leaves for SF then we replace the OC. I'd love to get Harbaugh BUT if he didn't want the job last year (rumoured to be offered it) why would he consider it this year.  It's not like he's going to get a chance to pick his staff.....

I think the reason he stayed at Stanford was cause of Andrew Luck and the opportunity to work with a once in a lifetime talent (I.E the Lebron James of Football) .... Thats how i feel about Luck, A Prodigal son. I've been monitoring his career so far and the plays/throws i seen him make are ridiculously good.

If Luck leaves then Harburgh should follow to the NFL.

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »
I hate this shit...2 days after a big fucking win and the best season since '02 and we have no clue wtf is going on....

That's nothing new. It's the RAIDER MYSTIQUE!
I don't think that the Raiders have ever made many press announcements, even in their best years.

Hearing nothing from the Raiders management doesn't necessarily mean that nothing is happening behind the scenes. Remember last off-season? Everyone was getting all upset prior to the draft and during free agency....saying that the Raiders weren't doing squat while all the other teams were making moves....then we had that great draft shortly afterward. The Raiders were obviously hard at work, they just weren't letting everyone know what they were working on.

Obviously, when you're planning to go after personnel (players, coaches, or administrators) that other teams might also want, why would you make a press announcement telling everyone what your plans are? As far as new coaches go, the Raiders aren't allowed to speak to any coaches who are in the postseason, until they are eliminated....so you know how THAT GOES. The wait begins...

I know Randy...I guess the difference this year is I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as opposed to throwing my hands up in the air and saying "fuck it" like the past few years lol :P

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 02:13:56 PM »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »
R U people fucking insane?  2-8 outside the division. Pulling our starting QB after 6 quarters. An offensive line that still can't handle a line stunt.  Poor coaching challenges.  Horrible replay challenges that cost precious time outs. Clock mismanagement. Lack of Discipline. The con job he gave the raider nation about DHB...

Curly-Joe must go
ok football genius,  who is going to want to coach with Al's medding ways?  Please enlighten us...

We already know H. Jackson would, which is your backup plan.  There are also many offensive and defensive coordinators who would take the chance at being head coach.  Dan Snyder landed Shanarat and everyone knows Snyder is a noisy, know nothing owner.  How about Childress?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:11:44 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »
I hate this shit...2 days after a big fucking win and the best season since '02 and we have no clue wtf is going on....

That's nothing new. It's the RAIDER MYSTIQUE!
I don't think that the Raiders have ever made many press announcements, even in their best years.

Hearing nothing from the Raiders management doesn't necessarily mean that nothing is happening behind the scenes. Remember last off-season? Everyone was getting all upset prior to the draft and during free agency....saying that the Raiders weren't doing squat while all the other teams were making moves....then we had that great draft shortly afterward. The Raiders were obviously hard at work, they just weren't letting everyone know what they were working on.

Obviously, when you're planning to go after personnel (players, coaches, or administrators) that other teams might also want, why would you make a press announcement telling everyone what your plans are? As far as new coaches go, the Raiders aren't allowed to speak to any coaches who are in the postseason, until they are eliminated....so you know how THAT GOES. The wait begins...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:08:21 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:58:30 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »
R U people fucking insane?  2-8 outside the division.  Pulling our starting QB after 6 quarters.  A offensive line that still can't handle a line stunt.  Poor coaching challenges.  Horrible replay challenges that cost precious time outs.  Clock mismanagement.  Lack of Discipline.  The con job he gave the raider nation about DHB.  Great 2 more wins than last year.  We still can't beat elite teams.   The Fraudgers were down this year, the ho's were only better than the panthers.  Should have sweep the NFC West.  

Look at the sub-500 teams we lost 2
 Texans
 Titans
 Cardinals
 4.9ers
 Dolphins

Our out of division wins came against 2 sub-500 teams from the terrible NFC West

Curly-Joe must go
ok football genius,  who is going to want to coach with Al's medding ways?  Please enlighten us. By the way, you obviously don't pay attention to the team because last year we only won 5 games. So by my count that is 3 extra wins. Nice math!  ???                  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:58:08 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:22:13 AM »
R U people fucking insane?  2-8 outside the division.  Pulling our starting QB after 6 quarters.  A offensive line that still can't handle a line stunt.  Poor coaching challenges.  Horrible replay challenges that cost precious time outs.  Clock mismanagement.  Lack of Discipline.  The con job he gave the raider nation about DHB.  Great, two more wins than last year.  We still can't beat elite teams. The Fraudgers were down this year, the ho's were only better than the Panthers. Should have sweep the NFC West.  

Look at the sub-500 teams we lost to:

Texans
 Titans
 Cardinals
 4.9ers
 Dolphins

Our out of division wins came against two sub-500 teams from the terrible NFC West.

Curly-Joe must go
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:56:59 PM by Randy »

Offline Crusader Raider

• Hall Of Famer
  • The 'Crusader Raider' to the Bay from the UK
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 06:08:16 AM »
When the media talks about Coach Cable's overall record as head coach they always forget he was lumbered with Russell when he came in and it was not till this year that he made the choices re QB and the development of our new young talent. The new team spirit and the passion we have in the side once more will remain and become stronger if we keep Cable, Shane Lechlar has made it clear how he and the team feels about Tom staying on and finishing the job he has started, lets hope Al feels the same, I'm sure after 7 seasons of crap 8-8 and a division sweep must feel like we have made many positive steps even if we have not made the playoffs this year.
On a Crusade for the Nation around the world

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 02:34:14 AM »
Coach Cable was a fluke choice made by Al, and look what he accomplished with what he has to work with....8-8 after so many coaches we had couldnt...I agree he deserves to stay one more year and give him a chance to finish what he started to build...if we dont make the playoffs this year then he's FIRED!.... :o
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »
You can all forget getting a really good coach!  Nobody will deal with AL's crap and he won't pay anyone anyway............................so just stop wishing......................much like my wish for MICHAEL VICK!    It will never happen!
I got to agree here....What great coach will want the owner to pick his staff.......NONE! What great coach will let the owner pick the Draft picks.....NONE......Al Davis is a control freek with a HUGE ego. He cannot be upstaged. The coach cannot be bigger than the great Al Davis and if he is.......He is Gone....The other problem is Mike Taylor and John (douchbag) Herrera, both are Snakes that hide in bathroom stalls looking for a foot to tap......This poison MUST be flushed out of Alameda for us to become great......The Cancer has taken its toll.....Fuck these Fools..... :-X
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:48:04 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »
You can all forget getting a really good coach!  Nobody will deal with AL's crap and he won't pay anyone anyway............................so just stop wishing......................much like my wish for MICHAEL VICK!    It will never happen!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »
Watch this video:

Lechler says,  "Cable is the coach for this job....I've seen enough of them"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/12/27/10/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/landing_raiders.html?blockID=380423&feedID=2801
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:03:12 PM by Randy »

raidersully

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »
Chucky had two back to back 8-8 seasons before turning this team around. But he did not have half the mess to clean up that Cable was left with. The JaBusto situation can not be understated. I have heard "experts" say that drafting the wrong franchise QB can set a franchise back 4 years or worse. look no further than the Lions, Browns, Bengals, Redskins, Chargers, and Ravens.

Cable has earned the right to one more year. If next year shows no improvement (by that I mean playoffs or a MUCH better record), then I too will join the chant for a new head coach. Just remember as long as Al is running the show, the pickings will be slim.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:48:20 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
Things going against Tom is a 3 win improvement when u consider Al has

1. Cut Jamarcus
2. Hired an OC
3. Drafted awesomely round 1 thru 7
4. Had an easier schedule in 2010 compared to 2009

don't get me wrong sweeping the division is nice, but when u play division games that often. The playbook takes a backseat to matchups where players play on instincts.

& any of the players who says Cable is a players coach only needs to know that Al wouldn't fire Tom unless he believed his having an upgrade. I've just gone thru a transition at my work where the CEO has just been fired and he was a workers boss. Really upset to see him go. But the new guy is a real cut throat leader on the front foot. I don't need to like my new boss but i can respect him for his vision and getting to the goals his set out.

If Cable does get let go, don't all whinge about Al being a terrible GM. He's proven his critics wrong by cutting Russell, hiring an offensive coordinator and having a solid draft. Cable is to blame for translating that into only 3 extra wins.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:50:43 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
Maybe this year is different, since Cable still had a year left on his contract last year, but that contract is going to expire on January 18, 2011. Al Davis is "contractually obligated" to tell Cable by January 18th whether or not he intends to exercise the one-year, $2.5 million option (a half million dollar pay increase) on Cable's contract.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_16969236?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Everyone is saying that Cable will be fired

Tom Cable likely out as coach for 2011 (January 2, 2011)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5981629

Raiders Likely to part with Cable as Davis explores other options (Jan 2, 2010)
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d6374b/article/raiders-likely-to-part-with-cable-as-davis-explores-options

Here's what they were all saying last year...

Raiders To Fire Tom Cable on Monday (January 11, 2010)
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-oakland-raiders-to-fire-tom-cable-monday/

Tom Cable Fired? Raiders, Al Davis To Reportedly Ax Head Coach (January 11, 2010)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/11/tom-cable-fired-raiders-a_n_418575.html

Raiders owner Al Davis has spoken with prospective head coaches (January 20, 2010)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4842670

Adam Schefter talks about the fate of Oakland head coach Tom Cable (January 21, 2010)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4845285
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:34:22 PM by Randy »