Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 55032 times)

raidersully

Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
Bad move any way you slice it. If Jackson is kept perhaps it salvages something.

As far a Lechler being a "second class citizen" or someone "rarely gets hit". What kind of shit is that? You don't think he speaks for the team? Then why did have they voted him a captain so many times? Obviously the team respects him. But some here(millernation, perhaps it is his mystery Raider he says he knows) think they know better about the pulse of the team than the guy who is on it. Really? Only time will tell. But I will take the word of the guy on the team over fans who are not privy to locker room talk.

As for Nnamdi echoing these sentiments. He has before.
Starts at 1:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHAk17Wdi44&feature=related
Starts at 4:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xmHN4YCvXQ&feature=related

Now why after saying what he says here and after the improved season we had this year, would he suddenly change his mind? Now I won't pretend to know what Nnamdi is thinking at this moment(I will leave that up to others). But I think history shows that he believes in Cable. To think that Cables leaving will not be a factor in his resigning is folly.

In the end I hope I am proved wrong. I hope who ever takes over this team takes not only to the playoffs but to our fourth Super Bowl trophy. And believe me I will stand up and proudly say I was wrong. But as history has show with this organization in the last seven years. I don't think I will have to much to worry about.

I will add this though.

How can it be Cable's fault when...

1. Its Al's offensive philosophy
2. Its Al's defensive philosophy
3. Al selected Cable's entire coaching staff
4. Al controls all the draft picks
5. Al controls the roster
6. Al controls the free agent signings
7. Al controls who the starting QB is

Do I need to keep going?

Cable's first year without Jabusto and we hang 59 points on Denver, sweep the AFC West, end the San Diego losing streak, Mcfadden sheds the bust label, and demoralize the Queefs as they head into the playoffs. DAMN!!! Imagine what could have been next year with the momentum and consistency.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:00:00 PM by Raidersully »

colorado.chris

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »
Simply depressed.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2011, 06:10:03 PM »
Not a bad idea on McDaniels there Tokai. I know around the league he is probably viewed as toxic. But Al has always been about giving guys a 2nd chance.

McDaniels never had a great defense this year in Denver with key players suffering injuries.

But i know your being sarcastic about McDaniels. But he's only a fallback intriguing option if Hue Jackson goes to San Francisco or somewhere else.

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
Here's the plan. It's already been reported that Al is interested in Josh McDaniels, and Al is still upset about letting Randy Moss and JaMarcus Russell go. So, Al hires McDaniels as head coach, picks up Moss after Tennessee releases him, and resigns Russell.

See? Things aren't so bad right now that they couldn't get infinitely worse.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »
R U people fucking insane?  2-8 outside the division.  Pulling our starting QB after 6 quarters...

Curly-Joe must go

That was Hue Jackson's idea to pull Campbell after 6 quarters, not Cable's. Naturally Cable had to make the final decision, but it was Hue Jackson's recommendation. He approached Cable with it. Cable just approved and pulled the trigger on it. From what I've read.

Cable and Jackson both talked about it in this video...the Game Two (Rams) postgame press conference:
http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Behind-the-Shield-Online-September-22/5c4830e7-ee14-49ae-93cf-e188b53587f6

also these articles and others:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/01/05/campbell-issue-was-between-davis-cable/?loc=interstitialskip

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81abf339/article/gradkowski-wrests-raiders-starting-qb-job-from-campbell

Randy, I think the Miami game was the killer.  Cable showed he had more confidence in Bruce instead of Jason.  Like Rg said, Jackson stepped into and took credit (backstab?) in the ram game.  But it was Cable who made the ultimate decision that Bruce was the starter.  But I did say back in the pre-season Cable wasn't the HC material

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/raiders/15008
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/jason-campbell-relationship-with-al-davis-led-to-tom-cables-firing/1

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Jason Campbell (FSY) might have done enough to win back the starting quarterback job for the Oakland Raiders even after Bruce Gradkowski (FSY) recovers from a separated shoulder.
Just last week coach Tom Cable said the quarterback situation was "clear cut" and Gradkowski would be the starter when he was healthy. But Cable backtracked Monday and said he might stick with Jason Campbell, who just led Oakland to its first three-game winning streak since 2002 following a 23-20 overtime win over Kansas City.

Perhaps part of the problem has been Cable's wavering on the Raiders' starting quarterback. After starting the season with Jason Campbell at the helm, Cable switched to Bruce Gradkowski when Campbell struggled. After Gradkowski separated his shoulder, Cable turned back to Campbell but insisted Gradkowski was still the starter. While Campbell was under center during the Raiders' three-game midseason win streak, Cable fluctuated between both quarterbacks throughout the second half of the year until Gradkowski reinjured his shoulder and was placed on injured reserve.

Yahoo! Sports reported on Dec. 12 that Cable was upset when Hue Jackson was hired as the Raiders' offensive coordinator and that Jackson's associates are pushing him to find another job.

Jackson denied there was a rift when asked about the story days later.

"I don't know where all that stuff comes from," Jackson said. "We all here have a pretty good working relationship. I have known Tom here longer than probably anybody that's on this staff, other than Mike Waufle because I worked with those guys before. I was a little surprised by it. There's no truth to it."

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »
R U people fucking insane?  2-8 outside the division.  Pulling our starting QB after 6 quarters...

Curly-Joe must go

That was Hue Jackson's idea to pull Campbell after 6 quarters, not Cable's. Naturally Cable had to make the final decision, but it was Hue Jackson's recommendation. He approached Cable with it. Cable just approved and pulled the trigger on it. From what I've read.

Cable and Jackson both talked about it in this video...the Game Two (Rams) postgame press conference:
http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Behind-the-Shield-Online-September-22/5c4830e7-ee14-49ae-93cf-e188b53587f6

also these articles and others:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/01/05/campbell-issue-was-between-davis-cable/?loc=interstitialskip

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81abf339/article/gradkowski-wrests-raiders-starting-qb-job-from-campbell
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:24:48 PM by Randy »

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
WELL RAIDER NATION, CONGRATULATIONS ON A WINNING SEASON & SWEEPING THE DIVISION. CONGRATULATIONS TO MCFADDEN ON HIS FIRST 1,000 YARD SEASON. HOPE THERE'S MORE TO COME. I'M GLAD THAT CAMPBELL HAS GROWN INTO OUR OFFENSE COMPARED TO THE FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON. JACOBY FORD HAS STEPPED IN & HAS SHOWED WHAT A REAL WR SHOULD & CAN DO. LAMAR HOUSTON & JARED VELDHEER WERE BOTH OUTSTANDING PICKUPS IN THE DRAFT. GLAD THAT WE WERE ABLE TO GIVE NNAMDI A WINNING SEASON. MCCLAIN HAS SHOWED WHAT HE CAN & WILL BE ABLE TO DO FOR OUR D IN THE FUTURE. I COULD GO ON & ON...

I WAS AT THE LAST GAME IN K.C. & LET ME TELL YOU, THE NATION WAS OUT IN FORCE IN THE PARKING LOT & NOT LETTING DOWN. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SITE TO SEE ALL THE QUEFFS "FANS" LEAVING THEIR SEATS WITH MORE THAN 11 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME. WE ALL KNOW WHO SHOULD BE IN THE PLAYOFFS OUT OF THE AFC WEST.

I WASN'T ABLE TO HIT THE FORUM OR CALL IN THIS SEASON BUT WE WENT THROUGH THE UPS & LET DOWNS OF THE SEASON AS A NATION. CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN TO ALLL OF THE PODCASTS' & HEAR ALL OF THE EXCITEMENT  WE EXPERIENCED THIS SEASON. THANK YOU GREG & RANDY FOR ALL YOU TWO DO FOR THE NATION. THANK YOU RAIDER NATION. LAST BUT NOT LEAST THANK YOU TOM CABLE FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR OUR TEAM & THE FANS.

SILVER & BLACK FOR LIFE!!!
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »

...Harbaugh will be a great molder of our quarterback plans for years to come.

So you think Harbaugh will be the Raiders next head coach? I heard on the radio today that Harbaugh was offered 5.5 million a year to coach college, and that he's asking a min. of 7 mil/year to coach in the pros. You think Al will be willing to pay a coach $7,000,000 a year when he's never paid more than $2,000,000?

Probably not Randy.

I was following up the question on Raider Rodney pondering why Harbaugh is any good.

Al only pays a certain amount for a coach, But considering how Harbaugh used to grace our halls... perhaps he's willing to throw the money his way.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:02:25 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »

...Harbaugh will be a great molder of our quarterback plans for years to come.

So you think Harbaugh will be the Raiders next head coach? I heard on the radio today that Harbaugh was offered 5.5 million a year to coach college, and that he's asking a min. of 7 mil/year to coach in the pros. You think Al will be willing to pay a coach $7,000,000 a year when he's never paid more than $2,000,000?

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »
when the employees of any business are pissed off about management they dont perform as well or choose to leave......any of you who have not taken a look at the free agent list of ours need to examine what will happen when all the good ones leave..........the team will suck...................................again........!

so who is pissed of the punter?  Fuck him.  He rarely gets hit or does the hitting.  U go out on the football field playing half ass and the other team will put your azz in the hospital. 

The first person you need to believe is your QB and Campbell is happy Cable is gone.  Some players need to go. 

the truth man...

I totally feel the same way about the position punter.

I admit that Lechler is one of the greatest of all time, however I believe that there's a general consciencious around the league that Punters are 2nd class citizens.

If Seymour or Asomugha echoed similar thoughts about Cable then we would be in trouble.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »

Wtf does everyone think Harbaugh will be such a grand coach in the NFL anyway???  He made Stanford respectable....woohoo big fucking deal??!!  He's had Luck (who is a stud).

I read from some respected NFL analysis that a person asked the same question you pondered Rodney and the NFL analysis (i think it was Scheft.. LOL RESPECTED) basically they touched on the subject that Andrew Luck was an average prospect coming out of College... Had he been a high school superstar then he probably wouldn't have gone to Stanford but to a powerhouse program like Texas, USC etc.

Harbaugh will be a great molder of our quarterback plans for years to come.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:50:42 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
Coaches come in bowing to Al and doing his bidding.  After awhile they feel their oats and do what they think is best instead of what Al thinks is best.  When you do that and don't win, you are fucked.  Curly-Joe's issues with Jason Campbell doomed him when the raiders missed the playoffs.  Al wanted Campbell, Curly-Joe wanted Bruce.  After the miami fiasco, Curly-Joe was fucked. 

Don't get into a power struggle with Davis.  U will lose.  Al wants U to do it his way and win.  Jackson didn't throw the miami game.  Curly-Joe made the decision to start bruce and that doomed him

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2011, 02:23:06 PM »
I don't see Al Davis hiring anyone other than Hue Jackson for head coach. The 49ers ask for permission to interview Jackson, and within hours Cable is notified that they won't extend his contract. Why else would they act so fast unless it was because they didn't want to lose Jackson?

Hue Jackson wants to be a head coach, and if another team makes him the offer and the Raiders don't, he wouldn't stick around to be offensive coordinator. As soon as I heard Hue Jackson's first speech at the Raiders podium in front of the media, it became obvious to me that Al brought him in as a successor to Cable. It was just a matter of time. This was probably Al's plan all along. I don't think Cable ever had a chance to coach here beyond this point. Al had a year to look at Jackson and make sure that he would make a good head coach.

I'll bet that Al has already spoken with Jackson and made him the offer. They'll just hold off on the official press conference until whatever day Al decides is the right time to make the announcement. On the other hand, who was it....Kiffin....or Gruden....who said that he doesn't remember Al ever actually offering him the job verbally? He never actually put it in words. I think it was Gruden.

Has anyone heard if there is a meeting time scheduled for Jackson to meet with the 49ers? I'm wondering if that is still in the works. What if Hue wants to hear more than one offer? He's sitting in a position of power now. I wonder if he'll use any leverage to get the best contract he can moneywise? He might tell Al he wants to hear other offers, and force Al to make him a sweet offer in order to stay. What do you guys think?

UPDATE:

Hue Jackson is interviewing for the 49ers head coaching job today, per this article I just ran across:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80352

With our luck...Cables gone....and Jackson will sign with the 49ers....then what Al???

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2011, 02:09:19 PM »
I don't see Al Davis hiring anyone other than Hue Jackson for head coach. The 49ers ask for permission to interview Jackson, and within hours Cable is notified that they won't extend his contract. Why else would they act so fast unless it was because they didn't want to lose Jackson?

Hue Jackson wants to be a head coach, and if another team makes him the offer and the Raiders don't, he wouldn't stick around to be offensive coordinator. As soon as I heard Hue Jackson's first speech at the Raiders podium in front of the media, it became obvious to me that Al brought him in as a successor to Cable. It was just a matter of time. This was probably Al's plan all along. I don't think Cable ever had a chance to coach here beyond this point. Al had a year to look at Jackson and make sure that he would make a good head coach.

I'll bet that Al has already spoken with Jackson and made him the offer. They'll just hold off on the official press conference until whatever day Al decides is the right time to make the announcement. On the other hand, who was it....Kiffin....or Gruden....who said that he doesn't remember Al ever actually offering him the job verbally? He never actually put it in words. I think it was Gruden.

Has anyone heard if there is a meeting time scheduled for Jackson to meet with the 49ers? I'm wondering if that is still in the works. What if Hue wants to hear more than one offer? He's sitting in a position of power now. I wonder if he'll use any leverage to get the best contract he can moneywise? He might tell Al he wants to hear other offers, and force Al to make him a sweet offer in order to stay. What do you guys think?

UPDATE:

Hue Jackson is interviewing for the 49ers head coaching job today, per this article I just ran across:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80352

2nd UPDATE

This Rotoworld news headline says "Raiders OC Hue Jackson reportedly expects to speak with owner Al Davis "very soon," despite his Wednesday interview for the 49ers' head coaching vacancy":
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=842&line=198164&spln=1
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:24:08 PM by Randy »

CNY Raider Fan

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »
when the employees of any business are pissed off about management they dont perform as well or choose to leave......any of you who have not taken a look at the free agent list of ours need to examine what will happen when all the good ones leave..........the team will suck...................................again........!

so who is pissed of the punter?  Fuck him.  He rarely gets hit or does the hitting.  U go out on the football field playing half ass and the other team will put your azz in the hospital. 

The first person you need to believe is your QB and Campbell is happy Cable is gone.  Some players need to go. 

But Miller, you have to at least agree that...if it isn't someone that can, as Lechler said, "handle the whole Al situation" it will be a disaster again.  That's why I say surely he has some big-name coach that can do it.  I'm afraid if it's Jackson it will be bad...another fucking puppet :(  I do agree that there are peeps that need to go...front office all the way down.  But if he fired Cable...for Jackson...yeesh.

I'm holding on to the glimmer of hope it's Cowher or Gruden....before I get too pissed...

I just don't see either Cowher or Gruden coming to Oakland. I can't remember a time when Al brought in a proven HC ... let alone he won't pay the money that those two coaches will ask for and deserve.

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
Mr. Miller, site your unnamed raider player.......you always act like you know everything about football......What team have you coached...........I think you like to talk just to get a rise out of people......if you cant name the player then dont make the statements.....

He has no player. He is only here to get validation from strangers about his supposed "football knowledge" to boost his small sad ego. The fact is this guy does not say anything that a few nights watching Inside The NFL couldn't teach you. Honestly. Has this guy ever said anything enlightening? Or anything that hasn't been said time and time again here? He walked into a well established RAIDER forum and thought he would dispense knowledge that would some how make him "king of the boards". What he found was plenty of knowledgeable RAIDER fans who had little time for his bullshit. Perhaps his wife doesn't let him talk very much at home and this is his only way to feel superior. Or perhaps he is a failed athlete trying to recapture his glory days. Let me guess Millernation. Did you once score four touchdowns in a single game?

Since I don't watch Inside the NFL, I guess Showtime should call me and hire me on the cheap.  Thanks though for the Dr. Phil analysis.  I never scored 4 touchdowns in a single game but I came very close and had teammates who did.  

I did say at the beginning of the season that Louis Murphy is not a #1 NFL wideout.  Wasn't that enlightening because it sure turned out to be true.  I guess its cool to put your opinions on the board unless it doesn't agree with the certain members.  True, anyone posting on this board could be full of bullsh!t but could also be credible.  I guess if your opinion is unpopular by the board elitist, you are full of bullsh!t  :-\

Ok....Were all fliped the fuck out here......Classic Al Davis....Big move...Perhaps he will even come out with a video about how he came about it....No matter.....Its Al's team and HE will decide who will be the new "pupet" in this Coaching nightmare....No GM is why we have this mess......I will be doing a show on Thursday and tell you guys what I think but the REAL truth (Millernation) is Hue Jackson STABED Cable in the back  and twisetd the blade.....The team will NOT play for him....NOPE they will be jumping ship for greener pastures......He is a snake in the grass and the team knows it....No hiding it.....We WILL not have as good a season next  year for this reason alone.....Fucking unreal!
                 Hey Greg,
I rode a greyhound bus 34 hours-roundtrip and i am on cloud 9 that the Raiders won at arrowhead.Then i heard late last night on JT the Brick's show that cable was fired. I still am pissed off....We finally go 8-8 and the fans have HOPE after 8 SHITTY seasons and then we get kicked in the balls.I am SO Pissed at AD right now....I'm probably NOT going to see the Raiders in oakland next year-i'd rather give the HUNT family my money or another team we go to....crazy uncle AL really knows how to FUCK things up for us Diehard fans....we DESERVE Better than the Scraps AD is throwing us!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:56:47 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2011, 01:35:18 PM »

But Miller, you have to at least agree that...if it isn't someone that can, as Lechler said, "handle the whole Al situation" it will be a disaster again.  That's why I say surely he has some big-name coach that can do it.  I'm afraid if it's Jackson it will be bad...another fucking puppet :(  I do agree that there are peeps that need to go...front office all the way down.  But if he fired Cable...for Jackson...yeesh.

I'm holding on to the glimmer of hope it's Cowher or Gruden....before I get too pissed...

CNY Raider Fan

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
I think we all knew that Huey would take over as HC after this year unless Cable got them into the playoffs. He was brought in as insurance for this year ... and would have probably been HC if it wasn't for Cable's contract.

I'm just worried about what's going to happen with the players come free agency? Will Bush leave ... can McFadden put together 1 season of not being hurt? Will we lose our LG? Will Shane go elsewhere ... especially after speaking out to the media?

I thought that after the last game that we would retain Cable. But with Greg talking about Huey stabbing Cable in the back ... do you think he didn't get the team ready for Pittsburgh and Miami on purpose?

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
The painful truth is this... Cable is just not a good HC.  Numbers matter is this league and he just wasn't getting it done.  As Raider fans, we have seen what happens when he calls a game.  It blows dude.  Grad saved his rear end last year.  Is Hue the guy?  Who knows?  There is no denying that he is responsible for making our offense explosive this year.  However, his play calling in some games year blew too.  This is Al's team and no one is going to change his mind by telling him the players "believe" in Cable.  Al never works that way.  He grabs the talent and puts them in the locker room.  He then tells his HV to go coach them.  Plan and simple.  He doesn't give a shit about "locker room dissention" and never will.

There is small part of me that dreams that the Raiders will announce the hiring of Jon Gruden this week or the next.  There is still hope!

Also, to those who say they won't be Raider fans if so-and-so is the Coach or if so-and-so free agent bounces to another team...GOOD RIDDANCE.  That's exactly why I won't buy Raider jerseys for current players.  It's a business. Buy up those jerseys of our RAIDER LEGENDS...they never pissed and moaned like the current NFL crybabies anyway.

Stay strong Nation, we have been through worse.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline R8ER

• Rookie Member
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »
Agrred Millernation, why is this a HUGE shock? And why wouldnt the players play for HJ? Come on MAAAANNN!!!!!!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 12:16:26 PM »
Ok....Were all fliped the fuck out here......Classic Al Davis....Big move...Perhaps he will even come out with a video about how he came about it....No matter.....Its Al's team and HE will decide who will be the new "pupet" in this Coaching nightmare....No GM is why we have this mess......I will be doing a show on Thursday and tell you guys what I think but the REAL truth (Millernation) is Hue Jackson STABED Cable in the back  and twisetd the blade.....The team will NOT play for him....NOPE they will be jumping ship for greener pastures......He is a snake in the grass and the team knows it....No hiding it.....We WILL not have as good a season next  year for this reason alone.....Fucking unreal!

Why are people flipped out?  Didn't you know this was going to happen.  He lost his job during the Miami game by starting Bruce.  By the way, Al don't video(Machete).  But he does slideshow  ;)

Hasn't it been common knowledge that H. Jackson would be Curly-Joe's replacement if Curly as let go.  That was talked about in pre-season.  Why is anyone surprised?   

I RESPECTFULLY disagree RG that the team won't play for him.  Jason Campbell for one is delighted with the move.  So who won't play for him Routt? GOOD.  Players play and coaches coach.  That's not how pro football works.  They will play because they love the game, the money and the attention.  By the way, I don't think there will be a next season. 

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D  :D

A year too late.  Curly-Joe shouldn't have been coach this season.  We had a playoff team and didn't make the playoffs.  Maybe free agents will resign with Curly-Joe gone.  Ever think of that?  Does anyone give a shit about what a PUNTER thinks.  Yes, his is a great punter (almost as good as guy but not quite) but still a punter.  

I'm sure Jason Campbell is happy with this news.  His relationship with Curly-Joe maybe one of the reasons for Curly's departure.  If Cable colored his hair black, he would be fred flintstone

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
Mr. Miller, site your unnamed raider player.......you always act like you know everything about football......What team have you coached...........I think you like to talk just to get a rise out of people......if you cant name the player then dont make the statements.....

He has no player. He is only here to get validation from strangers about his supposed "football knowledge" to boost his small sad ego. The fact is this guy does not say anything that a few nights watching Inside The NFL couldn't teach you. Honestly. Has this guy ever said anything enlightening? Or anything that hasn't been said time and time again here? He walked into a well established RAIDER forum and thought he would dispense knowledge that would some how make him "king of the boards". What he found was plenty of knowledgeable RAIDER fans who had little time for his bullshit. Perhaps his wife doesn't let him talk very much at home and this is his only way to feel superior. Or perhaps he is a failed athlete trying to recapture his glory days. Let me guess Millernation. Did you once score four touchdowns in a single game?

Since I don't watch Inside the NFL, I guess Showtime should call me and hire me on the cheap.  Thanks though for the Dr. Phil analysis.  I never scored 4 touchdowns in a single game but I came very close and had teammates who did.  

I did say at the beginning of the season that Louis Murphy is not a #1 NFL wideout.  Wasn't that enlightening because it sure turned out to be true.  I guess its cool to put your opinions on the board unless it doesn't agree with the certain members.  True, anyone posting on this board could be full of bullsh!t but could also be credible.  I guess if your opinion is unpopular by the board elitist, you are full of bullsh!t  :-\

Ok....Were all fliped the fuck out here......Classic Al Davis....Big move...Perhaps he will even come out with a video about how he came about it....No matter.....Its Al's team and HE will decide who will be the new "puppet" in this Coaching nightmare....No GM is why we have this mess......I will be doing a show on Thursday and tell you guys what I think but the REAL truth (Millernation) is Hue Jackson STABbED Cable in the back and twisted the blade.....The team will NOT play for him....NOPE they will be jumping ship for greener pastures......He is a snake in the grass and the team knows it....No hiding it.....We WILL not have as good a season next year for this reason alone.....Fucking unreal!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:05:48 PM by Randy »

Offline R8ER

• Rookie Member
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »
I am glad to see all the Raider band wagon fans come out! Glad to see what players in the team dont have their heart and mind set on the Raiders! All this talk about no longer following the Raiders, and all these players saying they might leave, I have one word for you..LEAVE!! We dont need you! I am sure a lot of you are confused and dont know what to make of it like myself, but I am sure as hell not going to leave the Raider Nation. HEll NO! I didnt agree with Al's decision at first, but after thinking about it. I agree with it, McFadden had a GREAT year, and it was not due to Cable, the plays that Jacoby made werent designed by Cable. Sure Cable is a GOOD coach, and I am sure he is great at other things, but right now we got over the hump ( of not being a losing team) and I agree with the decision to keep fighting forward. We cannot settle for 8-8.Period, we cannot be 2-8 outside the division! BUT if we dont hire Hue or Jim Harrball. THEn this wont be such a good move. GO RAIDERS!!!!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »

Since I don't watch Inside the NFL, I guess Showtime should call me and hire me on the cheap.  Thanks though for the Dr. Phil analysis.  I never scored 4 touchdowns in a single game but I came very close and had teammates who did. 

I did say at the beginning of the season that Louis Murphy is not a #1 NFL wideout.  Wasn't that enlightening because it sure turned out to be true.  I guess its cool to put your opinions on the board unless it doesn't agree with the certain members.  True, anyone posting on this board could be full of bullsh!t but could also be credible.  I guess if your opinion is unpopular by the board elitist, you are full of bullsh!t  :-\

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »
Jabusto is not the only one who contributed to his downfall.  Cable never liked him and sought ways to undercut him.  Jabusto would be told by Cable to report by a certain time then whine that Jabusto would never come in early. 

Jabusto would get nothing but negative feedback from Cable althought Cable would always give positive feedback to the other QB's.

He would blame Jabusto for missing reads the o-line was suppose to make.

Jabusto would ask Cable questions in meeting and at practice and Cable would always respond with Don't worry about it.  So give me a break about Jabusto. 

Didn't the Chefs have a knew OC and DC also?  Didn't the chefs also have injuries and rookies?  You're giving shitty excuses.  The team has gotten better because they have better talent.  They still went 2-8 outside their division loosing to teams like the DeadBirds and the 4.9ers. 

One more year would mean signing him to another contract and he will want more than 1 year 

This was conveyed to me by a raider player.  Jabusto was lazy and should have worked harder but he received little push from Cable who never wanted him as a Raider QB anyway. 

Are you seriously defending JaBusto? You ARE fucking crazy. Perhaps what Cable saw was a player too high to get the job done? Perhaps he saw a player that could not man up and do what a professional player is expected to do? Perhaps he realized JaBusto did not give a shit about football once he was paid. When your third string QB makes a point to say to the media how surprised he was to see JaBusto arrive early before practice, that says plenty for me.

Of course didn't Cable and the offensive coaches also "dumb down" the play book for JaBusto and they even cut the field in half for him as far as reads. Please. This guy was built like a brick shit house and went down with ankle tackles. JaBusto is a waste and THE biggest bust to ever be drafted. This the fault of Al and JaBusto. No one else. You want me to give it a rest because it disproves your piss poor arguments.

Yes the quiefs did get new OC and DC coaches and improved. But they also have been having solid drafts for the last few years, a GM, and a non-meddling owner. They did not get great over night. They only got better. My "shitty" excuses are nothing compared to your shitty arguments.

Yes he will get a two year extension. But when has that ever stopped an owner from firing a HC before a contract is up? Even more so when that owner is Al Davis. If you are still not sure the answer to that question. Ask Shanarat and Kiffin.

Ah yes. your "unnamed RAIDER player" that you say you know. So should Cable have held his hand when he was to drunk from the "sizurp" to attend meetings? Or should he have wiped his chin as JaBusto finished off his 12 cheeseburger? JaBusto is a grown man. If he is unable to find his balls and acted like one. Then why should Cable find them for him?

I'm not defending Jabusto numbnutz, I'm letting you know he wasn't the only dipsh!t involved in that disaster

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »

Because it wouldn't be fair to the player if I outed him.  If U don't believe me, I don't give a shit and a half.  I don't know everything about football but I know a lot and won't try to hide it because it bothers others. 

Cable got the Ax.  Good start.  I knew enough that he would get dumped

TNBlueRaider

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »
If this ends up breaking the team and they have to start over I will no longer follow the Raiders. Nore any other team just done with football I will be. The Raiders have passed away..

TNBlueRaider

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
It is truly a sad day to be a Raider fan... :'(

CNY Raider Fan

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »
Fuck I'm tired of this stupid shit being pulled by the old man up-stairs. Does he want the team to die with him or something ... they have to be as anemic as him? WTF!!! I'm waiting for the league to take control of this team ... we actually look like we're headed in the right direction and that's not good enough?

Is Bruce Allen and Jon coming back here? Doubt it because they would want money and we know how much Al hates giving money to someone that actually coaches. At least we had 1.5 days of dreaming about how good we could be next year. Fuck I hate this shit!!!!

Offline Raider Frank

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »
Does it really matter what the fans think?

Does it really matter who the team thinks they want as a head coach?

This is Big Al’s team and if anybody if going to ruin this team it’s AL.

He wants to win his way, not give the spotlight to anyone else.

He wants to show the league, his way is the only way!

If he wants Jackson, Harbaugh or Gruden, he will make the decision!

Lest not the Raider Nation Forget it!

Oh Yeah, HIRE A F-ING GM!

Bottom line it sucks!
Another year not having an idea how the team will do next season.
Or who will lead it.
Go Raiders

Raider Nation!

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 09:33:09 AM »
I think we all knew our team turning aroundwas looking to good to be true and it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. I still dont know quite what to think. I mean all season some of yall were talkin about we only sucked so bad this year because of caoching. We all know this team was better than 8-8. So maybe this was a good thing. IDK....im just trying to see the positive althought its hard right now. I would at least hope they would give his old job back on offenseive line coach. He has a personality that is needed in the locker room. Maybe they want to make Jackson head and Harbough OC, hahaha. We never know what the orginization is going to do. Jackson needs to stay OC and he knows it, that would be our benefit that away Jason doesnt have to go through another change. All we can do is cross our fingers and pray that this somehow works out in the end. Maybe hopefully some big time coaches out there see our talent and want to take a chance and runnin this team.

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 09:24:07 AM »
I'm trying my best not to just go off the deepend...and it's not fucking working!  IF (and that's a big fucking IF) he has someone lined up legit like Gruden or Cowher...I'm ok with this.  But if this to let Jackson take over...hell...if it's even for Harbaugh I will be fucking pissed!

Wtf does everyone think Harbaugh will be such a grand coach in the NFL anyway???  He made Stanford respectable....woohoo big fucking deal??!!  He's had Luck (who is a stud). And besides that how many other (and much better) college coaches have came out and fucking stunk up the NFL???  A damn lot....

Mark my words...if we don't land a BIGTIME coach...Nnamdi, Seymour, Bush and a shit-ton more of our team will be out the fucking door....

Offline diehardessexraider

• Rookie Member
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 04:51:02 AM »
This is so Fucked up it's untrue, another Dumbass move my Mighty Al, and i have news for anyone wanting Gruden, Harbaugh, Cowher or any other quality head coach.... it aint gonna happen, Mighty Al won't pay top dollar for a Coach because he believes that coaching is unimportant, he thinks its all about the organisation and the players and that the Sun revolves around him!
So it looks like Hue Jackson will probably be the next Head Coach, i have my reservations about him as an OC and you know that Mighty Al is going to be calling the shots from his crypt so god only knows whats going to happen. I really hope i'm wrong but if we don't start well next season we are looking at another run of 4 or 5 win seasons again. Go Raiders!!!
Pride & Poise

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 02:09:47 AM »
Lechler: "I think this is going to be a huge set back for us..."

“You’ll probably see people like Robert Gallery go on to another team, probably Michael Bush...”

“The last time I was probably this disappointed was when [Davis] traded Jon [Gruden] to Tampa.”

He said, “I think this is going to be a huge set back for us, to tell you the truth. Tom was good and how he handled the whole dealing with Al [Davis] and all that situation. He was one of the better coaches I’ve had that can handle that part of it and not let part of it bother the football team. And that’s what I enjoyed about him.”

As for Hue Jackson, “It’s kind of hard for me to judge Hue.”

“Yes I do respect him,” said Lechler. “Whether he can call plays and pull off the whole head coaching deal and deal with Al Davis on the side, I don’t know, that’s a lot on somebody’s plate.”

Lechler said he attempted to call Davis and senior executive John Herrera, but was discontented with them not picking up his call.

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/5836.html
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:15:59 AM by Randy »

Arian

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 01:46:24 AM »
This probably won't happen, but if we get Gruden, everything.....will be alright.

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2011, 01:27:58 AM »
WHOS GONNA BE OUR O.C?.....SANJAY LAL!!!!! ???....WHATEVER THE FANS WANT AL DAVIS DOES THE OPPOSITE OR DOESNT DO IT!.....LOL
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2011, 01:25:02 AM »
 Coach Harbaugh sounds good (hint, hint)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:04:22 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2011, 01:13:01 AM »
so, do you listen to the players or not? the players wanted to keep cable. but, then again, the players also lobbied for joe bugel. and bugel was an idiot. too much of a wuss to even hold a press conference after a last-second loss. so ... whatever. the next coach had better be either jackson or gruden. and it won't be gruden. so ... it's either jackson or we're fucked.

You read my mind Robert. I was thinking the same thing...how the players backed Joe Bugel. Didn't they also back Art Shell and Norv?  Pretty much every coach we've had I think (except Callahan)

"Raiders Players Back Turner Dispite 4-12 record"......

""We don't want to switch to a new staff. We're so close to where we want to be..."

So now what? Every two years we get a new coach? Or if we miss the playoffs we get a new coach? Oh if he punches out an assistant we will fire him a year from then? Hue Jackson has been on "Stage" all season folks.....NEWS FLASH! When have you ever seen the OC do Soooooo many interviews? NEVER! It was a matter of Hue OR Cable and Al went with the guy with the Playbook. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T WE FUNCTION LIKE A NORMAL TEAM? WHY DOES THERE ALWAYS NEED TO BE DRAMA IN THIS FUCKIN TEAM? WTF!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2265576

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 12:54:40 AM »
Here's a blast from the past article. Imagine if this had actually happened in '98.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/1998/01/07/1998-01-07_taps_for_bugel__hot_for_beli.html

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 12:32:51 AM »
so, do you listen to the players or not? the players wanted to keep cable. but, then again, the players also lobbied for joe bugel. and bugel was an idiot. too much of a wuss to even hold a press conference after a last-second loss. so ... whatever. the next coach had better be either jackson or gruden. and it won't be gruden. so ... it's either jackson or we're fucked.

You read my mind Robert. I was thinking the same thing...how the players backed Joe Bugel. Didn't they also back Art Shell and Norv?  Pretty much every coach we've had I think (except Callahan)

"Raiders Players Back Turner Dispite 4-12 record"......""We don't want to switch to a new staff. We're so close to where we want to be..."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2265576
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:57:58 AM by Randy »

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 12:27:52 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 12:17:23 AM »
Tom Cable Out.....Source: "Hue Jackson in"    (Vittorio Tafur, SF Chronicle)
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/04/SPFN1H449F.DTL&tsp=1

Raider Jake

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 11:26:52 PM »
There is no way to justify this move. Don't get me wrong, I like Jackson, but we made serious progress this season, so what happens now? What concerns me the most is our free agents to-be. If they liked Cable, they might leave just because of that. That could kill us next season.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

raidersully

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 11:08:24 PM »
Horrible move. Unless (as HellRaider pointed out) we have some major coaches ready to take over. The ripple effect on free agents and guys debating whether to resign could be huge. Oh well.