Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 62664 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »
Yeah.. Childress can't choke when Favre threw interception in OT.

In saying that Childress is a bad idea for this organization... Having 53 men who play like Outlaws.. You need a coach who is a "players coach" & not a "authoritarian"

Cable is a 'players coach' but in my opinion he can only take us so far.

Yeah, we saw what happened when authoritarian Shanahan came to the Raiders. Wouldn't let them sit on their helmets anymore. That was the beginning of the end for him.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2006-10-15/sports/17314904_1_art-shell-mr-raider-mike-shanahan
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:19:33 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »
Hue has no leverage now that SF hired the golden boy.  I'm not sure what Al is waiting for...just go ahead and name Hue HC.  Anyone else hear the rumour that Josh McDaniels turn down the opportunity to interview with Al? I guess I'm not surprised...who would want the job.....well besides me :-)
Agreed..............................what the HELL is he waiting on?   I have no idea

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
How did he chock.  They went to overtime.  Farve threw interceptions and fumbles.

Jesus. I hope you do know something about football. Because you can't spell for shit.

How did Childress choke? By not being able to repeat what happened before with what was essentially the same team. He may not have cost them the NFC Championship game. But he did not help either. When the team loses it fall at the feet of the HC right? I mean that is what you are saying about Cable is it not?

As I pointed out before when it comes to Childress. He took his team to the playoffs 3 out of the 5 years he coached. Norv has taken the chargless 3 out for the 4 years he has coached there. Would you say Norv is a great HC? Would Norv also be a great replacement for Cable? I think not. Also. Tell me the teams that are beating down his door. I mean even Wade Phillips has a new job. Meanwhile Childress is sitting at home. Childress, like Norv, was give a great team and did little with it. He is a horrible coach and is not coming to Oakland. Any other choices?

Oh and Callahan is a coach in the NFL. He is the assistant coach of the NY Jets. Has since 2008. Cable will have no problem finding a new coaching job.
AGREED........Preach on!

raidersully

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2011, 09:21:58 PM »
How did he chock.  They went to overtime.  Farve threw interceptions and fumbles.

Jesus. I hope you do know something about football. Because you can't spell for shit.

How did Childress choke? By not being able to repeat what happened before with what was essentially the same team. He may not have cost them the NFC Championship game. But he did not help either. When the team loses it fall at the feet of the HC right? I mean that is what you are saying about Cable is it not?

As I pointed out before when it comes to Childress. He took his team to the playoffs 3 out of the 5 years he coached. Norv has taken the chargless 3 out for the 4 years he has coached there. Would you say Norv is a great HC? Would Norv also be a great replacement for Cable? I think not. Also. Tell me the teams that are beating down his door. I mean even Wade Phillips has a new job. Meanwhile Childress is sitting at home. Childress, like Norv, was given a great team and did little with it. He is a horrible coach and is not coming to Oakland. Any other choices?

Oh and Callahan is a coach in the NFL. He is the assistant coach of the NY Jets. Has since 2008. Cable will have no problem finding a new coaching job.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:10:05 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »
I hope the 4.1 earthquake in the bay area wakes up Al and gets this coaching search/decision moving....

Serious note..hope all the bay area members are ok.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »
Hue has no leverage now that SF hired the golden boy.  I'm not sure what Al is waiting for...just go ahead and name Hue HC.  Anyone else hear the rumour that Josh McDaniels turn down the opportunity to interview with Al? I guess I'm not surprised...who would want the job.....well besides me :-)

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »
Yeah.. Childress can't choke when Favre threw interception in OT.

In saying that Childress is a bad idea for this organization... Having 53 men who play like Outlaws.. You need a coach who is a "players coach" & not a "authoritarian"

Cable is a 'players coach' but in my opinion he can only take us so far.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2011, 07:25:59 PM »
How did he choke?  They went to overtime.  Favre threw interceptions and fumbles.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:04:03 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:29 PM »
YOU CANT PLAY MADDEN, XBOX ON THE SIDELINES.....LMAO!

Working on the 360 this weekend.   Fellow worker just game me his red ringing 360 so I could salvage the DVd drive.  I haven't bought that POS since Madden 1998 for the saturn.  Live and die with the NFL 2k series.  Tiburon is the laziest developer in america.  They have become the new 989.  You like Cable and the Madden series.  That clears up a lot for me  8)

I will take the job as long Al doesn't pay me minimum wage   :P

Chilly would be a better HC than Cable for one.

well that would be going from one extreme to another.  One team wanted Childress to leave wheras our players wanted Cable to stay.  Childress sucks and he choked last year in the championship game......

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:57 PM »

Working on the 360 this weekend.   Fellow worker just game me his red ringing 360 so I could salvage the DVd drive.  I haven't bought that POS since Madden 1998 for the saturn.  Live and die with the NFL 2k series.  Tiburon is the laziest developer in america.  They have become the new 989.  You like Cable and the Madden series.  That clears up a lot for me  8)

I will take the job as long Al doesn't pay me minimum wage   :P

Chilly would be a better HC than Cable for one.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:52:19 PM by Randy »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
Now U R calling Al Davis a retard.  Your man-love for Cable is embarrassing.  Funny how i was accused of being a chefs plant when I started here but others are listening to the chefs podcast  :D

The only team podcast I listen 2 is Raider Greg.  Fuck the Honchos and their podcasts.  We lost to the ARIZONA CARDINALS, the 4.9ers.  Glad we didn't play the Panthers.  8-8 on a schedule where only 3 teams made the playoffs on our schedule and the only playoff team we beat finished under 500.  In the biggest game of the year(against the Jags) we give 31 second half points after having a 10 point halftime lead.  

Cable got what he wanted after last year.  Jamarcus gone,   Cable will never gate another NFL coaching give just like Calahan and many other 1st time HC's for the raiders.  

U want to see a HC that turned his team around, look to Tampa Bay
So tell us all who would be a really great coach MILLER, because you are the all knowing football guru!
And your coach better go at least 10-6 and take us to the playoffs!  And no wasted challenges and no bad decisions! I think you should do us all a favor and coach the team yourself! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2011, 04:36:53 PM »
I bet there are dozens of coaches in the NFL if given the opportunity can make and win a SuperBowl....It just takes that one team to give him a chance.....whose to say Cable couldnt improve himself and his team for next year.....NOBODY KNOWS!....and now we wont....But we sure improved in the right direction and had a exciting year.....Cable will have the last laugh you can count on that!....Lets hope Cable gets a job outside of the AFC WEST...Cause that Raider curse will bite us in the ASSSSSSSS!....it always does in reg. season games, playoffs, and SuperBowl........lol :o
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
Now U R calling Al Davis a retard.  Your man-love for Cable is embarrassing.  Funny how i was accused of being a chefs plant when I started here but others are listening to the chefs podcast  :D

The only team podcast I listen 2 is Raider Greg.  Fuck the Honchos and their podcasts.  We lost to the ARIZONA CARDINALS, the 4.9ers.  Glad we didn't play the Panthers.  8-8 on a schedule where only 3 teams made the playoffs on our schedule and the only playoff team we beat finished under 500.  In the biggest game of the year(against the Jags) we give 31 second half points after having a 10 point halftime lead.  

Cable got what he wanted after last year.  Jamarcus gone,   Cable will never gate another NFL coaching give just like Calahan and many other 1st time HC's for the raiders.  

So tell us all who would be a really great coach MILLER, because you are the all knowing football guru!
And your coach better go at least 10-6 and take us to the playoffs!  And no wasted challenges and no bad decisions! I think you should do us all a favor and coach the team yourself! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2011, 02:58:22 PM »
Now U R calling Al Davis a retard.  Your man-love for Cable is embarrassing.  Funny how i was accused of being a chefs plant when I started here but others are listening to the chefs podcast  :D

The only team podcast I listen 2 is Raider Greg.  Fuck the Honchos and their podcasts.  We lost to the ARIZONA CARDINALS, the 4.9ers.  Glad we didn't play the Panthers.  8-8 on a schedule where only 3 teams made the playoffs on our schedule and the only playoff team we beat finished under 500.  In the biggest game of the year(against the Jags) we give 31 second half points after having a 10 point halftime lead. 

Cable got what he wanted after last year.  Jamarcus gone,   Cable will never gate another NFL coaching give just like Calahan and many other 1st time HC's for the raiders. 

TNBlueRaider

« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »
Lol just listened to the Chiefs podcast and I completely agree with Juan Jorge. Anyone who thinks firing Tom Cable is a good idea is a retard.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »
I just read that the Niners may have Gruden in to offer him the HC gig.  Now..I'm on the East side but I can't even imagine how it would go over if this were to go through.  Holy shit.....

Where did you read that? I just did a Google search and nothing came up.
that would suck!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
I just read that the Niners may have Gruden in to offer him the HC gig.  Now..I'm on the East side but I can't even imagine how it would go over if this were to go through.  Holy shit.....

Where did you read that? I just did a Google search and nothing came up.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »
In a nutshell:

The 49ers are back in the mix. So is Stanford. The Denver Broncos are in the Harbaugh running, too.

But the Miami Dolphins, a purported lock to land Harbaugh in the morning, were completely out of the sweepstakes by nightfall. A separate source said the reports of an $8 million offer from the Dolphins are not "anywhere close" to being accurate.

The NFL Network reported that Stanford's financial proposal, with bonuses, eclipsed the 49ers' offer. The 49ers were prepared to offer a package that would be worth up to $6 million, including incentives.

John Elway, recently appointed to the Denver Broncos front office, is trying to arrange to interview Harbaugh.

Complete story here:
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_17031951?source=most_emailed&nclick_check=1

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »
Singletary and McDaniels interviewing with Vikings.
Singletary for linebackers coach position, McDaniels for O.C.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/McDaniels-and-Singletary-joining-Vikings-?urn=nfl-304558

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »
Seabass is not the best kicker at his position.   :-[

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2011, 04:36:24 AM »

SEPERATED AT BIRTH ????

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2011, 03:12:33 AM »
Well the way i look at it with Chucky = $7 Million a season or Harburgh = $8 Million a season.

How can you justify the 2 contracts of Lechler and Janokowski @ 4million a piece when each player is only on the field at the most 12.5% of the time.

*12.5% is formulated by 100% divided by 8 (4downs on Offense + 4 Downs on Defense)

So to spend that 8 Million on 2 positions when we could spend 8 million a year on a ELITE coach who would have a way more beneficial affect on 53 other men. The logic baffles me.

<MY COMMENTS ABOVE in no way endorse that Lechler and Janikowski ain't assets to this team.. they're the best at there positions, I'm just annoyed that when push comes to shove Al Davis wants to spend 8 million on salsa dip, But isn't willing to spend 8 million on corn chips)

Kickers on the field 12.5% of the time...."at most"? Do we always play a minimum of 4 plays offense and 4 plays defense per each kick?
The way I figure it, theoretically, Jano could be on the field 66% of the time.

Play #1:  Opponent kicks to Raiders, Jacoby Ford runs back for a TD.

Play #2:  Jano kicks extra point

Play #3: Jano kicks off to opponent

Repeat

Jano on field for 2 out of 3 plays. So 12.5% can't be "at most".

LOL.... What a dream world you live in Randy!!!

Plus don't forget that Lechler needs to hold the ball on extra points & field goals for Jano.

That's right! I forgot that every play Jano is on the field, Lechler is there too.

Actually, here's a better scenario:

Play #1: Opponent kicks to Raiders, Jacoby Ford Runs for TD

Play #2: Jano kicks extra point

Play #4: Kick returner fumbles ball, Raiders run in for TD

Play #5: Jano kicks extra point

Play #6: Jano kicks off to opponent

Repeat 4-6 for rest of game

Jano and Lechler both on field 66% of time!

p.s.

When Ford ran that last kickoff back for a TD, it took about 12 seconds off the clock. A kickoff, returner fumble, and TD would probably take off about the same. So....I figure that if my above scenario actually played out for the whole game, the Raiders would score 300 TDs, and the final score would be:

Raiders 2100
Opponent 0

Formulate that!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:19:14 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2011, 02:47:42 AM »
Well the way i look at it with Chucky = $7 Million a season or Harburgh = $8 Million a season.

How can you justify the 2 contracts of Lechler and Janokowski @ 4million a piece when each player is only on the field at the most 12.5% of the time.

*12.5% is formulated by 100% divided by 8 (4downs on Offense + 4 Downs on Defense)

So to spend that 8 Million on 2 positions when we could spend 8 million a year on a ELITE coach who would have a way more beneficial affect on 53 other men. The logic baffles me.

<MY COMMENTS ABOVE in no way endorse that Lechler and Janikowski ain't assets to this team.. they're the best at there positions, I'm just annoyed that when push comes to shove Al Davis wants to spend 8 million on salsa dip, But isn't willing to spend 8 million on corn chips)

Kickers on the field 12.5% of the time...."at most"? Do we always play a minimum of 4 plays offense and 4 plays defense per each kick?

Repeat

LOL.... What a dream world you live in Randy!!!

Plus don't forget that Lechler needs to hold the ball on extra points & field goals for Jano.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:00:03 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2011, 02:05:54 AM »

Repeat

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:59:25 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2011, 01:49:42 AM »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:45 AM »
People keep mentioning that they'd like to see Gruden come back to Oakland, but if he recently turned down $7 million to coach the Dolphins, in Florida where his family lives....you know it would take more than $7 Mil to coax him back to Oakland....unless he really LOVES the Raider Nation and loves to wear black. Do you think Al would pay more than $7 Mil?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/espn_analyst_jon_gruden_turns_down_7_million_to_coach_the_miami_dolphins/3914723

.................................................................................NO!!!!!!!.........................................................

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »
People keep mentioning that they'd like to see Gruden come back to Oakland, but if he recently turned down $7 million to coach the Dolphins, in Florida where his family lives....you know it would take more than $7 Mil to coax him back to Oakland....unless he really LOVES the Raider Nation and loves to wear black. Do you think Al would pay more than $7 Mil?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/espn_analyst_jon_gruden_turns_down_7_million_to_coach_the_miami_dolphins/3914723

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:55:00 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
My opinion, for what it's worth;

Cable - decent guy, decent coach, but not a Head Coach - Oscar, no I don't think he'll get ANY offers as HC in the NFL. My guess he'll go back to being an OL coach and do pretty well.

Jackson - enthused the offense, challenged the players, took them out of their comfort zone and made a huge improvement where many others have failed.

My preference - Jackson stays as OC and a respected HC is brought in to continue the improvement and start winning the division we should have taken this year. (2-8 non-division is inexcusable with the schedule we had)

My prediction - Jackson gets the HC job, the offense goes backward and the rest of the team follows.

The pain starts anew............

Oh yeah - a belated Happy New Year   :-\
Thats what I think.....Hue has NEVER been on the Al Davis hot seat for one and he will be getting a steady ration of it every day without Cable there to take the hits.....Hue has NO clue as to what is about to happen....Look, Al saves money by giving Hue the "meager" 2.5 mil. for a year and not having to hire a OC saves at least 700K.....Al is looking for a lockout as he has setup his free agents for it.......Look who is due.....EVERYONE! This guy is banking on it and will keep his money close until the very end......This fuckin guy KILLS this team....Just when you think we are out of the hole......BOOYAH...Back in the hole suckers.......Our record will suffer next season just because Hue will be like a one leg man in an ass kicking contest..... :-\
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:29:49 PM by Randy »

raidersully

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »
I just can't agree with you raidersully on Cable doing a 'pretty good darn' job. It was more like a borderline pass job.

Too only win 3 more games after getting rid of Russell and having one of the best draft classes in years is him underachieving.

Too bring Cable back next season would of been like Jerry Jones bringing back Wade Phillips this season. Wade was always seen as a players coach, but he lost games cause of penalties and team discipline.

Also i'm pretty sure Cable has never had a winning record at any HC gigs. I want to get a young up and comer (HUE) who's ceiling is the Superbowl and not some mediocre 8-8 season.

Yes they got rid of JaBusto, something you seem to down play for some reason. Getting rid of him was HUGE! This years draft class was great no doubt. But how have they been previous to that? Not to mention have the players drafted this year not made a huge impact on this team this year? Certainly McClain and Veldheer. Veldheer by the way some one Cable believed would be a better LT than Henderson turns out that was right as he may be the LT we have been screaming for for the last 5 drafts while instead getting DHB and Huff. But even with the great impact they have had, they are after all rookies. Ones that came pretty far in one year but still can improve. Was that Jackson's doing? So imagine what one more year could bring.

Wade Phillips was given three and half year. But had ten times the amount of talent overall, a QB in place, and better overall drafting(the same things that helped the Quiefs get better also). Granted Cable was not perfect, and yes penalties hurt us(though lots of penalties is a RAIDER staple though the Bears are the leaders). But this is still no excuse to fire him unless you have a great HC waiting, and we both know that is not the case.

Cable has never had a winning season as a HC. Hue on the other hand has never been a HC. So I guess time will tell.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:25:03 PM by Randy »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
My opinion, for what it's worth;

Cable - decent guy, decent coach, but not a Head Coach - Oscar, no I don't think he'll get ANY offers as HC in the NFL. My guess he'll go back to being an OL coach and do pretty well.

Jackson - enthused the offense, challenged the players, took them out of their comfort zone and made a huge improvement where many others have failed.

My preference - Jackson stays as OC and a respected HC is brought in to continue the improvement and start winning the division we should have taken this year. (2-8 non-division is inexcusable with the schedule we had)

My prediction - Jackson gets the HC job, the offense goes backward and the rest of the team follows.

The pain starts anew............

Oh yeah - a belated Happy New Year   :-\

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »
Btw does anyone think Cable will land on his feet and coach as a HC again at the pro level?

I certainly do. The overall consciencious by the media is Cable shouldn't of been let go. I'm from the firm belief that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Al wants a Superbowl and i think Al believes that Cable won't be able to deliver that.

I could certainly see him getting a gig this upcoming season on a team that's cautious about the pending lockout and not wanting to spend a lot of money deciding to go the basic cable avenue.

If Cable doesn't get a HC job this year. Then i expect him to get paid very very handsomely by Paul Allen and go fix the woes which is the Seattle running game.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
I just can't agree with you raidersully on Cable doing a 'pretty good darn' job. It was more like a borderline pass job.

Too only win 3 more games after getting rid of Russell and having one of the best draft classes in years is him underachieving.

Too bring Cable back next season would of been like Jerry Jones bringing back Wade Phillips this season. Wade was always seen as a players coach, but he lost games cause of penalties and team discipline.

Also i'm pretty sure Cable has never had a winning record at any HC gigs. I want to get a young up and comer (HUE) who's ceiling is the Superbowl and not some mediocre 8-8 season.

raidersully

« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »
You may call me wrong, but cable is GONE  :D

This was his do or die year and he didn't do.  The raiders should have won the division and they didn't.  It fail on Cable. 

Proving that you care more about being right and every one knowing about it then anything having to do with the RAIDERS. As I pointed out before.

It fail on Cable? What fail on Cable? Is he alright? Or do you mean Cable failed? He failed because he was handed a loaded deck. This year even more so when Al hired his replacement as the OC at the beginning of the year. had Cable played his own hand and failed that would be a different story. But with what he was given. I and many others think he did a pretty darn good job with it. Let's see if his replacement can do better. I certainly hope so. But history is on my side.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
You may call me wrong, but cable is GONE  :D

This was his do or die year and he didn't do.  The raiders should have won the division and they didn't.  It fail on Cable. 

raidersully

« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
He was also good with bringing in Rob Ryan as coach  :o.  The interview was also before this season when the raiders didn't win a winnable division.  Nnamdi also said Cable returning would held JaBusto.  It didn't. Nnamdi is also not T.O. who will speak his mind.  He will always say the right thing.  Good he didn't dump on Cable since Cable came back. Did the offense get better because of Cable or Jackson? 

So he liked Ryan. I didn't say he was perfect. I said he supported Cable and the videos proved that. Your right it was before this season. But it was after a season in which we went 5-11. But I am supposed to think with the improvement of this year his feeling would change? Ok. Once again. No one could help JaBusto. JaBusto was unwilling to help himself. Cable is the coach, not a baby sitter. One player failed under him, 51 others did not. Did it get better under Jackson or Cable? I guess we will find out next year won't we? I never said Cable was great at calling offensive plays. Al apparently felt the same way, hence why he hired Jackson. Bt that is still no reason to fire Cable. Del Rio does not call defensive plays any more for the Jags. But is still the HC.

Regarding Al Davis.  All his coaches have had to live with that the winners and the losers.  When U take that job, you go in knowing you have to be successful under Al's rules.  How it it Cable's fault.  I've documented that multiple times.  But this question is mute, Cable is gone.

So then the fact is no coach under the current Al Davis system will ever do well. So why then fire Cable? If I handed you a 5 cards I picked out of a deck and told you to play a hand of poker with them and you lost. Who's fault is that? Yours or mine? Cable did know what he was getting into. But unlike past coaches(Kiffin in particular) he was able to make it work and improve with every year. Sorry those results where not fast enough for you. But that is the nature of the beast. You have documented nothing. You simply have given your opinion. One you are entitled to no matter how wrong.

By the way, all this worry about free agent signings are bogus.  Nothing will happen until there is a new CBA

Right. because who the head coach is never plays a part in free agency. At some point the CBA will be signed and football will resume. But that will not change how players feel or how they view Oakland as a possible place to play.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2011, 06:07:27 PM »
I wonder what Mike Ditka has to say about all this.  I still remember ditka tearing harbaugh's head off on the sidelines after a Harbaugh audible

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
i hope Harbaugh falls flat on his face and someone pays him more $$$$$$$ than god..........That would be funny!

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2011, 04:57:44 PM »
It funny to see all these teams trying to get Harbaugh....Nobody can predict that this guy will be a great coach....Harbaugh needs to do a JABUSTO move and take the money and run!.....lol

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:12 PM »
U don't let players dictate who your HC is.  This is not the NBE.  They all know they play for Al.  Will Shane be benched like Marcus Allen?  You don't know what is going to happen to the free agents until the CBA is completed.  If it's not financially positive for them to move after the new CBA they will resign with the raiders. 

Raider Jake

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
I know this might not be the popular thing to say, but a combination of Hue as HC and Josh McDaniels as OC might not be a bad idea. Both are great offensive minds, and I bet they could really develop our offense even more. How I actually picture this going down, is Hue getting the HC position AND keeping his play-calling abilities.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
We will lose out on this deal no matter who we get..........the players wanted Cable, now they will be unhappy.........if and when there is football again they won't forget this.............unhappy employees are not good for business..........no matter what type of job it is...............! They will leave............most of them can and it won't be any sweat off my sack...............but the good ones will set this team back by leaving for other teams via free agency............................ and it will set this team back...................AGAIN!

Don't worry. Al will replace any player that we lose with a BETTER player...via the draft and free agency. Right?

"I had a dream....that we'd have the best players.....the best coaches.......play in the best games..."

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:42:21 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »
We will lose out on this deal no matter who we get..........the players wanted Cable, now they will be unhappy.........if and when there is football again they won't forget this.............unhappy employees are not good for business..........no matter what type of job it is...............! They will leave............most of them can and it won't be any sweat off my sack...............but the good ones will set this team back by leaving for other teams via free agency............................ and it will set this team back...................AGAIN!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:36:58 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »
just driving in my car and the local bay area sports talk radio guy was slamming the 49ers for not offering Harbaugh enough. He said that the 49ers opening offer was $5 million (a newspaper article today said it was 4.5 mil)....and he said, "why would Harbaugh accept 5 mil when Pete Carroll is getting 6 or 7 mil in Seattle...and Harbaugh is such a hot commodity now?

He was talking about how the Yorks basically promised it's fanbase that they would go after Harbaugh and that money would be no object. And now money is becoming an object.  He said that the 49ers must have really mis-judged the market, or they are just stupid. He thinks that the 49ers are going to end up losing out to the Dolphins, and end up looking foolish.

From what he said, apparently the Dolphins sent some people to San Francisco to talk to Harbaugh here. He said that the Dolphins owner is basically saying (about the Yorks) "oh....you wanna see a billionaire....I'll show you a billionaire!" He went on to say that if the Dolphins owner ended up paying Harbaugh $8 million a year, when you compare that to his total worth....the $8 million is .2 % (1/500th) of his worth ($4 Billion total worth)....which when you compare it to how much money the AVERAGE person in the US is worth....it would be like the average person paying about 800 dollars per year for Harbaugh (that makes the average person worth $400,000).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:35:57 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »
Dolphins move to forefront of Harbaugh pursuit (NFL.com)

The article says that the 49ers offered Harbaugh 4.5 million yesterday. It says that the Dolphins may be preparing to offer Harbaugh 8 million per year.

It also says that the Dolphins offered John Gruden $7 million per year to coach in Miami, and that he turned it down to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-pursuit
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:25:23 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
5 teams in running for Harbaugh per Sports Illustrated...and they say the 49ers are "clearly the favorite"?

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/06/si-com-whos-in-the-hunt-for-jim-harbaugh/

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2011, 11:33:13 AM »
By the way, all this worry about free agent signings are bogus.  Nothing will happen until there is a new CBA

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »
Bad move any way you slice it. If Jackson is kept perhaps it salvages something.

As far a Lechler being a "second class citizen" or someone "rarely gets hit". What kind of shit is that? You don't think he speaks for the team? Then why did have they voted him a captain so many times? Obviously the team respects him. But some here(millernation, perhaps it is his mystery Raider he says he knows) think they know better about the pulse of the team than the guy who is on it. Really? Only time will tell. But I will take the word of the guy on the team over fans who are not privy to locker room talk.

As for Nnamdi echoing these sentiments. He has before.
Starts at 1:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHAk17Wdi44&feature=related
Starts at 4:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xmHN4YCvXQ&feature=related

Now why after saying what he says here and after the improved season we had this year, would he suddenly change his mind? Now I won't pretend to know what Nnamdi is thinking at this moment(I will leave that up to others). But I think history shows that he believes in Cable. To think that Cables leaving will not be a factor in his resigning is folly.

In the end I hope I am proved wrong. I hope who ever takes over this team takes not only to the playoffs but to our fourth Super Bowl trophy. And believe me I will stand up and proudly say I was wrong. But as history has show with this organization in the last seven years. I don't think I will have to much to worry about.

He was also good with bringing in Rob Ryan as coach  :o.  The interview was also before this season when the raiders didn't win a winnable division.  Nnamdi also said Cable returning would held JaBusto.  It didn't. Nnamdi is also not T.O. who will speak his mind.  He will always say the right thing.  Good he didn't dump on Cable since Cable came back. Did the offense get better because of Cable or Jackson? 

Regarding Al Davis.  All his coaches have had to live with that the winners and the losers.  When U take that job, you go in knowing you have to be successful under Al's rules.  How it it Cable's fault.  I've documented that multiple times.  But this question is mute, Cable is gone.