Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 63063 times)

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »
Rob Ryan interviewed??? Maybe the Raiders got confused with the Rooney rule and thought they had to interview at least one Caucasian.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:25:51 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »
Yeah, when I saw that point spread (wasn't it Saints favored by 11?) I thought to myself that it would probably be a good bet to take the Seahawks plus the 11. I based this on my experience in Qwest when the Raiders played there on Monday night in 2006. It was SO noisy with crowd noise....I remember wondering how ANY visiting team could win there. You can't appreciate how loud it really is from TV clips. The Raiders had so many false starts, looked confused, etc. Yeah, the '06 Raiders weren't quite the team that the defending Superbowl Saints were this year, but still.....that stadium was so noisy....it was pretty impressive. Once you give the Seahawks any sort of momentum, the fans get even louder and things can go bad in a hurry.

I still remember the beat down the raiders took against the Bills the year Bo Jackson got hurt 51-3 in the snow.  The cold has a way of slowing west coast teams down in the playoffs.  Saints in Chicago a few years ago.  Colts in New England.  The ball is like a brick, bones feel brittle and west coast teams lose their on field aggression
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:54:18 PM by Randy »

TNBlueRaider

« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2011, 10:18:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure Millernation is a troll anyway....with so many coaches on the market does anyone have an idea for a good coach but maybe one we won't get.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2011, 02:46:28 AM »
This was on bay area tv tonight. Video'd it with my iPhone and made a private YouTube video of it.
The talk about Hue Jackson and the possibility of Rob Ryan coming back to the Raiders as Defensive Coordinator/Asst. Head Coach.

"Chronicle Live", hosted by Greg Papa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAhpgIeftBM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:56:57 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2011, 12:42:56 AM »
And of course you have proof of these supposed 'prediction' right? I see. We are to just take your word for it. Sure, that will happen. Saying things after the fact does not count.

My post from another board where I go by mohican83

Mohican83
Rebel

Group:Members
Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Seahawks over Saints
Yes, C-hawks over saints due to a domed team playing in a windy, cold stadium

I only do this for you Raidersully, only for U  :D :D :D

Of course you either won't believe it which is cool.  Or else you will come up with some other, how does Raider Greg say it BUUUUUUUUUllshit. I informed enough people including my damn gambling nephews who made a killing on the game

Yeah, when I saw that point spread (wasn't it Saints favored by 11?) I thought to myself that it would probably be a good bet to take the Seahawks plus the 11. I based this on my experience in Qwest when the Raiders played there on Monday night in 2006. It was SO noisy with crowd noise....I remember wondering how ANY visiting team could win there. You can't appreciate how loud it really is from TV clips. The Raiders had so many false starts, looked confused, etc. Yeah, the '06 Raiders weren't quite the team that the defending Superbowl Saints were this year, but still.....that stadium was so noisy....it was pretty impressive. Once you give the Seahawks any sort of momentum, the fans get even louder and things can go bad in a hurry.

This was the Raiders best play of the game, by Tyler Brayton. Remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmX_1rJrOOc

Here's a longer clip from that game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cylcVAZqIEo

By the way, I'll put the link below for the videocast we did for that game up in Seattle. A videocast that was special because Raider Greg wasn't the host of the video. Greg couldn't make the trip, so one of our fellow firefighters that Greg and I work with, Tyre Mills....who flew to Seattle with me for the game....took over the microphone and did a good job. Also Crusader Raider Keith Smith and Dave Chapman...along with Keith's brother if I remember right (a Packers fan)....and Dave's brother Richard, made the trip to Seattle and are on the video. Check it out!

http://www.raidernationvideocast.com/video/rnv/Entries/2006/11/9_Raiderfans_Invade_Seattle.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:04:58 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »
Uh, living here in Texas I can assure you that most of the players loved LANDRY

Wow, once again your superb football knowledge also leads to another thing you know everything about! You named 4 players out of a 29 year coaching career.....................................HEY EVERYONE, 4 PEOPLE OUT OF 1 BILLION SERVED DONT LIKE THE BIGMAC, I GUESS THAT MEANS EVERYONE DOES NOT LIKE THE BIG MAC!       YOU HAVE AMAZED US AGAIN!   THANKS PAL! :D :D :D :D :D

U R welcome.  How many players was I suppose to name?  15, 20.  It was a sample.  But I concede.  Once again you are correct.  I admit it.  I have never played football, don't know 1 thing about football, don't know any NFL players, never played video football, never played futbol, know nothing about pigskins nor pigs for that matter.  Never have eaten pork, never even stepped on a grass.  Never watched a football game, Never knew a football wasn't round, Never played paper football, never caught a pass, never caught a cold,

I know NOTHING HellRaider and you found me out.  I am a fraud, all the things I have posted that have come true was just a lucky shot in the dark.  Hell, my prediction before the playoffs last weekend that the Seahawks would beat the Saints when everyone else picked the saints was just pissing in the wind.  My prediction after the 4th week of college football that a team with a strong, quick athletic line like LSU or Auburn would be able to handle the Oregon offense was also just dipshit luck.   I'm a no-nothing(except  that OR84 is a fatazz).  Matter of fact, I don't even like the raiders, I like the PANTHERS(Greatest football team ever and Tim Tebow is already better then Ken Stabler ever will be).  There, no please stop your water boarding.  I admit the truth.  Now U can put on the pinhead mask and dance a texas 2 step to a slayer groove knowing you have been right all along about me
Except for
Louis Murphy
The raider receiving Corp
Curly-Joe being fired
etc...

But to HELL with the facts raider, you are the shiznit
I never said that you know nothing about football, you just come across like a guy who knows everything about everything.  Its really quite a  putoff!  But hey, you dont care.......thats why you will respond ...... I really dont care about debating with you.....what I would like is to have really good discussion about who will be the next coach and how we will keep these  free agents who in my mind will certainly leave....Could we keep the forum about the Raiders ......that is in fact why we are here?

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »

"The memoirs of John Herrera"....a potential best seller!

I'm sure you guys can come up with some good sub-titles for the book.  ;)
How about..."AL DAVIS: He'll Lose HIS Way Before Winning YOUR Way"
...or how bout... "The memoirs of John Herrera and his 'smoking pot' buddies"
(and the forward written by that Kawamkazi (spelling?) dude)

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:55 PM »

I'm sure you guys can come up with some good sub-titles for the book.  ;)
How about..."AL DAVIS: He'll Lose HIS Way Before Winning YOUR Way"

raidersully

« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »
And of course you have proof of these supposed 'prediction' right? I see. We are to just take your word for it. Sure, that will happen. Saying things after the fact does not count.

Mohican83
Rebel

Seahawks over Saints

I only do this for you Raidersully, only for U  :D :D :D

Of course you either won't believe it which is cool.  Or else you will come up with some other, how does Raider Greg say it BUUUUUUUUUllshit. I informed enough people including my damn gambling nephews who made a killing on the game

Once again looking for the validation of strangers you say you could give a rats ass about. Let the contradictions fly.

raidersully

« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »
I bow down to you Sully.  You have both the typing prowess and intellect I could never begin to touch.  I guess I better invest in that Mavis Beacon program to improve my typing and it will give me more football knowledge.  Your objective, wait, you've had your thongs in a bunch ever since I started posting.  You're not objective.  You sir are a fraud.  You are the Glen Beck of the boards.  Pretending to be the voice of wisdom when you in truth are a professional playa-hater.
How am I the hater exactly? Because I see through your bullshit and don't feed your ego? You are free to express your opinion as am I. I have no problem with the things you say from a discussion stand point. What I dislike is your feeling that what you say is gospel and if others disagree they are below you for it. As if your knowledge is some how better than others when it comes to the goings on in Oakland or in football in general. Fact is you come here for validation for your opinions because you need your ego fed. But when that fails you play the victim role as if all that has been said to you from the beginning of your time here is some how unfound.

Reality is when others were tearing you a new one I offered an olive branch to show you why they may feel this way about you. As seen here.
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg13619#msg13619
But as usual you came back with the victim role.
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg13636#msg13636
Typical of you and showed what was to come.

You tell others they are wrong only because U believe U are right.  You disguise your hate with your opinionated facts.  See, I don't dislike you RaiderSully, I could give a rats azz about you one way or another.  Nor do I need to obsess about proving you wrong.
I don't tell others they are wrong. I simply counter their argument with mine. Welcome to debating. I have no illusions of changing minds here. I just enjoy a place where I can speak my mind about the comings and goings of the Oakland Raiders. Nothing more. I harbor no hard feelings.

You don't care about me nor do you obsess with proving me wrong. Yet you continue to debate with me and reply to all that I say. Seems contradictory to me.

The only person who truly knows who is the best coach for the Raiders is Al Davis.  He determined Curly-Joe wasn't the one.  Now you may not agree with it, you may not like it, you may have limp-dick for a week about it but for all your blah, blah, blah, Curly-Joe is gone.
Really Al Davis knows? Like he knew JaBusto would be a great NFL QB? Like he knew DHB was a number one pick? While Al's legacy proves he knows much about football. Recent history has proven his knowledge is lacking. Really even Al does not know, as he is unable to tell the future. Fact is, it is his opinion that Cable was no longer needed. An opinion I and other RAIDER fans must live with. But not one I have to keep quiet about.

Limp-dick? Childish name calling? Grasping at straws I see. You continue to sink lower and lower.

We can go back and forth over hypothetical or abstract situation but you are a raider fan and Curly-Joe is no longer your coach.  All your so-called logic and bullshit mean nothing.  The next time the raiders take the field, you will be rooting for them.  I said early in the season, during the season and after that Curly-Joe needs to go and he is gone.  I don't let him go and since HELLRAIDER says I have no knowledge of football, it must have been ignorance.  But call me a broken clock. 

As far as crying  :'( :'( :'(.  I'm not the one crying about Curly-Joe being shown the door.  Think about it

No doubt. No matter who coaches the RAIDERS I will root for them and root for success for the coach. As stated before. I hope what ever coach takes over proves me wrong in how I think the team will perform under him.

As for my 'bullshit and logic'. It means plenty. It is a way to debate the Cable firing. Which is what this forum is for. Will it change the outcome. No. But that does not mean we should never speak of it. You said Cable should be fired before the season? Congrats. As if you were the lone voice. Again you can play the victim role all you like. Every one sees through it.

Or course your not crying about Cable. You were proved right when you speculated his demise. Proving once again you care more about being right then anything else.

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »
The only person who truly knows who is the best coach for the Raiders is Al Davis. 
LOL!!!!...Like when Al "truly knew" that Jamarcus was the best QB for the Raiders...or when AL "truly knew" that Darrius Heyward-Bust was the best WR for the Raiders...

Al's recent track record shows that he "truly" doesnt know what the fuck he's doing when it comes to making coaching decisions...the entire league knows this.  The only coaches that will come here are life long Raider fans or are bottom dwelling scabs.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »

Mohican83
Rebel

Seahawks over Saints

I only do this for you Raidersully, only for U  :D :D :D

Of course you either won't believe it which is cool.  Or else you will come up with some other, how does Raider Greg say it BUUUUUUUUUllshit. I informed enough people including my damn gambling nephews who made a killing on the game

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »
I bow down to you Sully.  You have both the typing prowess and intellect I could never begin to touch.  I guess I better invest in that Mavis Beacon program to improve my typing and it will give me more football knowledge.  Your objective, wait, you've had your thongs in a bunch ever since I started posting.  You're not objective.  You sir are a fraud.  You are the Glen Beck of the boards.  Pretending to be the voice of wisdom when you in truth are a professional playa-hater. 

You tell others they are wrong only because U believe U are right.  You disguise your hate with your opinionated facts.  See, I don't dislike you RaiderSully, I could give a rats azz about you one way or another.  Nor do I need to obsess about proving you wrong. 

The only person who truly knows who is the best coach for the Raiders is Al Davis.  He determined Curly-Joe wasn't the one.  Now you may not agree with it, you may not like it, you may have limp-dick for a week about it but for all your blah, blah, blah, Curly-Joe is gone. 

We can go back and forth over hypothetical or abstract situation but you are a raider fan and Curly-Joe is no longer your coach.  All your so-called logic and bullshit mean nothing.  The next time the raiders take the field, you will be rooting for them.  I said early in the season, during the season and after that Curly-Joe needs to go and he is gone.  I don't let him go and since HELLRAIDER says I have no knowledge of football, it must have been ignorance.  But call me a broken clock. 

As far as crying  :'( :'( :'(.  I'm not the one crying about Curly-Joe being shown the door.  Think about it

raidersully

« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »
U R welcome.  How many players was I suppose to name?  15, 20.  It was a sample.  But I concede.  Once again you are correct.  I admit it.  I have never played football, don't know 1 thing about football, don't know any NFL players, never played video football, never played futbol, know nothing about pigskins nor pigs for that matter.  Never have eaten pork, never even stepped on a grass.  Never watched a football game, Never knew a football wasn't round, Never played paper football, never caught a pass, never caught a cold,
Wow. Talk about taking what people say to the extreme to prove your point. It seems you are accusing others of the very thing you do. So now you know nothing and are a hypocrite. What a great combination.

I know NOTHING HellRaider and you found me out.  I am a fraud, all the things I have posted that have come true was just a lucky shot in the dark.
What are these things you 'predicted' exactly?

Hell, my prediction before the playoffs last weekend that the Seahawks would beat the Saints when everyone else picked the saints was just pissing in the wind.  My prediction after the 4th week of college football that a team with a strong, quick athletic line like LSU or Auburn would be able to handle the Oregon offense was also just dipshit luck.

I'm a no-nothing(except that OR84 is a fatazz).  Matter of fact, I don't even like the raiders, I like the PANTHERS(Greatest football team ever and Tim Tebow is already better then Ken Stabler ever will be).  There, no please stop your water boarding.  I admit the truth.  Now U can put on the pinhead mask and dance a texas 2 step to a slayer groove knowing you have been right all along about me
Still taking others arguments to the extreme to prove your point I see.

Except for
Louis Murphy
Curly-Joe being fired
etc...

Wow. You said Murphy was not a NFL number one WR. Amazing that you knew that. Problem is so did everyone else. Again your ego got in the way of your ability to understand what others were saying. Murphy is not a NFL number one WR. He is the RAIDERS number one WR though. This is what people were saying.

Where was it that anyone here said that our WR corps were top notch? In fact I have read(long before you showed up) fans on this site saying that the WR position was in need of an upgrade. So once again you bring nothing new to the forum.

Cable being fired. Again I am amazed at your powers of deduction. How ever did you speculate that he would be fired? It could not have come from the many reports in week 16 and 17 saying that he would be is it? Or was it from the many reports last year that were saying the same thing? Or was it the carousel of coaches the RAIDERS have gone through in the last seven years? Either way, the 'prediction' was not yours. You merely regurgitated what you read and heard from others. Like all of the other things you post here.

But as you said. "To HELL with the facts miller, you are the shiznit."

raidersully

« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »
When did players loving a coach become the best thing?  Players didn't love
Tom Landry
Chuck Knoll
Bill Cowher
Bill Parcells
Bill Belechik
Mike Ditka

You are right(for once) many players disliked these coaches. But to a man they all respected them and played hard for them. That is what the RAiDERS were doing for Cable and why this team had the turn around it did. I did not see anything about the players saying they 'loved' Cable. Just that they respected him and were willing to play hard for him. It is not everything. But it is more than Norv, Shell, and Kiffin got out of them.

Once again you are so blinded by your own ego that you miss what people are saying about Cable. So I will say it again, and read it slow so you can understand it this time.

Cable is not the best coach. But he is the best coach for the RAIDERS at the moment.

Now this may change. But the last seven years of history are on my side to show that while better options are out there. They are not coming any where near Oakland.

raidersully

« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »
Didn't I say HC job?  Callahan will never get another and neither will Curly-Joe.
I am not sure what you said. In fact I am not sure you know what you were saying.

"Cable will never gate another NFL coaching give just like Calahan and many other 1st time HC's for the raiders."

I mean did you hit your head on the keyboard while typing this? Or did my proving you wrong all the time gut you so upset you didn't bother to read what you typed?

As far as spelling, I don't see you mentioning Raider Greg's spelling.  It's a fucking message board.  Who gives a shit about spelling.
Well if you are wanting to engage in a debate on the internet, then I think spelling is very important. That way the other person know what you are talking about. That is after all how conversation work. But since this paints you in a bad light I see why you would not give a shit.

As for Raider Greg. He did not introduce himself to this forum as douche nozzle know it all who thinks his shit don't stink. So no reason to point out his flaws. But since it upsets you so much. I find it worth it.

You saying Childress is a horrible coach doesn't make it a fact.  Just one slapnutz opinion.
You saying he is good coach does not make it fact either. Nor that you think he is better than Cable or Norv. See it goes both ways. The difference is, I know my opinion is just that, opinion. You think what you say is gospel, and it is not.

I never said Childress was a great coach, just a better option than Curly-Joe.  RSully, you seem to take the opposite persons point to the extreme to make your point and your conclusions as fact.  not very convincing
I never said Childress was a great coach either. Nor did I say, you said he was a great coach. What I did say was this.

"Childress?!?!?! Are YOU fucking insane? He is a horrible HC. He was the Norv Turner of the NFC. He lost the locker room and bet all his chips on an aging QB that he hoped would have another career year. No thanks."

Show me to what extreme I took this too? Fact is Millernation. I crush your arguments and now you are crying about it. You have been playing the victim role the moment some one took umbrage with your opinions. So no surprise that it should continue.

Raider Jake

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »
I really hope these Rob Ryan rumors are false.... Marshall has done some good things for our D and if we let him go, that will be another 'giant step backwards'.

TartanRaider

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2011, 05:55:26 PM »
Just to back up some of the points made previous:

Rob Ryan is pure speculation and surely we will not be bringing that fat useless fuck back so we can gift away points and never get turnovers again!

Hue Jackson is the coach - this appears to be clear and it will be announced once all the coaching staff is set in place.

I am disappointed with the Cable decision as i think he did have the players playing with heart but i will reserve judgement until the new coach is set in place and we get our valuable free agents signed up again.

Stay strong nation!  another testing off-season ahead, lol.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2011, 05:28:55 PM »
hahaha nice millerfuck grown man? your the one acting like a school boy bitch trying to act like a fucking coach when you dont have a clue! i guarantee you would never say any of this to my face so dont act hardcore on the internet dumbfuck

Your guarantee means goat nutz to me.  Silly fatazz.  Cyberbullys are for kids

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »

Wow, once again your superb football knowledge also leads to another thing you know everything about! You named 4 players out of a 29 year coaching career.....................................HEY EVERYONE, 4 PEOPLE OUT OF 1 BILLION SERVED DONT LIKE THE BIGMAC, I GUESS THAT MEANS EVERYONE DOES NOT LIKE THE BIG MAC!       YOU HAVE AMAZED US AGAIN!   THANKS PAL! :D :D :D :D :D

I know NOTHING HellRaider and you found me out.  I am a fraud, all the things I have posted that have come true was just a lucky shot in the dark.  Hell, my prediction before the playoffs last weekend that the Seahawks would beat the Saints when everyone else picked the saints was just pissing in the wind.  My prediction after the 4th week of college football that a team with a strong, quick athletic line like LSU or Auburn would be able to handle the Oregon offense was also just dipshit luck.   I'm a no-nothing(except that OR84 is a fatazz).  Matter of fact, I don't even like the raiders, I like the PANTHERS(Greatest football team ever and Tim Tebow is already better then Ken Stabler ever will be).  There, no please stop your water boarding.  I admit the truth.  Now U can put on the pinhead mask and dance a texas 2 step to a slayer groove knowing you have been right all along about me
Except for
Louis Murphy
Curly-Joe being fired
etc...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:50:41 PM by Millernation »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »

Dorsett didn't
Preston Pearson didn't
Henderson didn't
Hayes didn't

should I go on?

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »
hahaha nice millerfuck grown man? your the one acting like a school boy bitch trying to act like a fucking coach when you dont have a clue! i guarantee you would never say any of this to my face so dont act hardcore on the internet dumbfuck

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2011, 02:56:45 PM »

Dorsett didn't
Preston Pearson didn't
Henderson didn't
Hayes didn't

should I go on?

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:11 PM »

ROB FUCKING RYAN IS PURE SPECULATION, I HATE THAT SHIT JUST MORE STUFF TO FIRE US UP.  WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT THE PLAYERS ALSO "LOVED" HIM A LA TOM CABLE.  FUCK THAT.  ROB RYAN'S DEFENSE WAS GARBAGE.  NO BLITZING, PREVENT D, MAN COVERAGE, BLAH.  FUCK OFF.  I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF THE PLAYERS LOVE THEIR COACH, I WANT TO FUCKING WIN FOOTBALL GAMES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
...Rob would install a game plan which the players were excited about to only have Al Davis scrap it the day before the game.  Is it Rob's D or Al Davis's D that is garbage?

Cable commented publicly that once the season was underway, he made all the decisions regarding which players he would start, the gameplans, etc. He made that comment in response to people stating that they believed Al Davis made a lot of these decisions. That Davis would mandate to the coach that certain players be played (during the season), or that the defense would be run a certain way. Even beliefs that Al would call down to the field during the game to request changes. Cable said that wasn't true. That he didn't speak regularly with Al during the season, and that these decisions were his to make once the season began. I think Kiffin said the same thing when he was coach.

Maybe you'll think I'm naive, but I believe that. In Kiffin's case, we know that Al sent Kiffin letters warning him that he was doing things that were inappropriate in the eyes of Al. But other than that, Al didn't meet with Kiffin face to face during the season or tell him how to run the team. He basically let Kiffin take enough rope to hang himself (with cause).

I tend to think that Al let Cable do what he saw fit during the season. Al picked most of Cable's staff before he promoted Cable to head coach, yeah, but once the pieces were in place I think he sat back and just watched to see what Cable could do. Didn't Al make the statement, "you have to let coaches coach"? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Remember the week going into the Dolphins game in late November? The week started with Cable saying that Gradkowski would start, then a couple days later he switched and said Jason Campbell would start, that there was no QB issue, then at game time Sunday they put Gradkowski in. If Al were calling the shots, you know Campbell would have been in there. It did seem a little weird how Cable would flip flop between the to QB's, almost from day to day....especially that week prior to the Dolphins game. Maybe he was trying to make it hard for our upcoming opponent? So they wouldn't know which QB we were going to start and they'd have to prepare for both? Who knows?

Maybe some day there will be one or more of those "tell all" books about Al Davis and what went on behind closed doors.

I'm sure you guys can come up with some good sub-titles for the book.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:21:59 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »
I think we may be looking at Rob for the DC not HC....

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »
I was going to call in the boneline with this but figured I would post it here and let the board fly...

As I was watching that Chiefs/Ravens game this past Sunday and watching the pathetic performance by KC, the letting go of Cable made more and more sense.  

WE SHOULD HAVE WON THE AFC WEST WITHOUT ONE SHRED OF A DOUBT

That falls on the HC.  Would we have beat Baltimore?  Perhaps.  I'll tell you what though, in the Coliseum, there is no way our guys lay down like the Queefs did at Arrowhead for that midget Ray Rice and goofy-ass Flacco.  

C'mon man!!!!

People don't use rational thought when emotional.  When Curly-Joe was let go, some RNP'ers got emotional and didn't use rational thought.  More will see, in the next 2 weeks, letting Curly-Joe go was the right thing to do.   He would have wanted more than a 1 year contract and started doing what he wanted instead of what Al wanted
If all the good ones we have who helped us win this year leave and cite that as the reason then it was a really dumb decision, players that is!  
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:43:19 PM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »

ROB FUCKING RYAN IS PURE SPECULATION, I HATE THAT SHIT JUST MORE STUFF TO FIRE US UP.  WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT THE PLAYERS ALSO "LOVED" HIM A LA TOM CABLE.  FUCK THAT.  ROB RYAN'S DEFENSE WAS GARBAGE.  NO BLITZING, PREVENT D, MAN COVERAGE, BLAH.  FUCK OFF.  I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF THE PLAYERS LOVE THEIR COACH, I WANT TO FUCKING WIN FOOTBALL GAMES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
Let me play devil's advocate... Players on both sides of the ball loved him.  Considering the number of free agents, could Rob be the one coach that players will buy into? He's a straight shooter and no BS type of guy.  If this weighted heavily in Nnamdi returning? Sure players will play for whatever coach if you have to (under contract) but many of ours have a choice....would Rob returning at some capacity weigh in favour of returning?
If you listen to Warren Sapp (HELLRaiders's favorite haha) Rob would install a game plan which the players were excited about to only have Al Davis scrap it the day before the game.  Is it Rob's D or Al Davis's D that is garbage?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:56:05 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »
I was going to call in the boneline with this but figured I would post it here and let the board fly...

As I was watching that Chiefs/Ravens game this past Sunday and watching the pathetic performance by KC, the letting go of Cable made more and more sense. 

That falls on the HC.  Would we have beat Baltimore?  Perhaps.  I'll tell you what though, in the Coliseum, there is no way our guys lay down like the Queefs did at Arrowhead for that midget Ray Rice and goofy-ass Flacco. 

C'mon man!!!!

People don't use rational thought when emotional.  When Curly-Joe was let go, some RNP'ers got emotional and didn't use rational thought.  More will see, in the next 2 weeks, letting Curly-Joe go was the right thing to do.   He would have wanted more than a 1 year contract and started doing what he wanted instead of what Al wanted

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
Tom Landry
Chuck Knoll
Bill Cowher
Bill Parcells
Bill Belechik
Mike Ditka

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
Tom Landry
Chuck Knoll
Bill Cowher
Bill Parcells
Bill Belechik
Mike Ditka

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »
I was reading this article just now:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/01/10/jackson-wasnt-interview-subject/

Check this out:

"This is strictly speculation, but keep the name Rob Ryan in mind. His status is tenuous at best in Cleveland with Eric Mangini out, he’s interviewed for the job before with Davis and made sure not to burn any bridges when he left after his contract expired.

Although Ryan’s defenses weren’t particularly successful, players on both sides of the ball loved him. And while that may not be a big criteria for Davis, it could go a long way toward making a lot of players who were upset over Cable’s departure feel better about a change.

Like Nnamdi Asomugha, for instance."

A COUPLE THINGS - PURE SPECUALTION AND RUMORS..COME ON YOU KNOW WE DON'T WHAT THE FUCK OLD MAN AL IS DOING UNTIL HE DOES IT.  ROB FUCKING RYAN IS PURE SPECULATION, I HATE THAT SHIT JUST MORE STUFF TO FIRE US UP.  WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT THE PLAYERS ALSO "LOVED" HIM A LA TOM CABLE.  FUCK THAT.  ROB RYAN'S DEFENSE WAS GARBAGE.  NO BLITZING, PREVENT D, MAN COVERAGE, BLAH.  FUCK OFF.  I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF THE PLAYERS LOVE THEIR COACH, I WANT TO FUCKING WIN FOOTBALL GAMES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
Dumb FUCKING idea if that is the case.....................................he sucks.......................................................!
Won't the league just love it though!  They will try to see which RYAN will outduel each other with their renegade comments.............................................................................YAWN :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:18:02 PM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »
I was reading this article just now:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/01/10/jackson-wasnt-interview-subject/

Check this out:

"This is strictly speculation, but keep the name Rob Ryan in mind. His status is tenuous at best in Cleveland with Eric Mangini out, he’s interviewed for the job before with Davis and made sure not to burn any bridges when he left after his contract expired.

Although Ryan’s defenses weren’t particularly successful, players on both sides of the ball loved him. And while that may not be a big criteria for Davis, it could go a long way toward making a lot of players who were upset over Cable’s departure feel better about a change.

Like Nnamdi Asomugha, for instance."

A COUPLE THINGS - PURE SPECUALTION AND RUMORS..COME ON YOU KNOW WE DON'T WHAT THE FUCK OLD MAN AL IS DOING UNTIL HE DOES IT.  ROB FUCKING RYAN IS PURE SPECULATION, I HATE THAT SHIT JUST MORE STUFF TO FIRE US UP.  WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT THE PLAYERS ALSO "LOVED" HIM A LA TOM CABLE.  FUCK THAT.  ROB RYAN'S DEFENSE WAS GARBAGE.  NO BLITZING, PREVENT D, MAN COVERAGE, BLAH.  FUCK OFF.  I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF THE PLAYERS LOVE THEIR COACH, I WANT TO FUCKING WIN FOOTBALL GAMES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »

That falls on the HC.  Would we have beaten Baltimore?  Perhaps.  I'll tell you what though, in the Coliseum, there is no way our guys lay down like the Queefs did at Arrowhead for that midget Ray Rice and goofy-ass Flacco.  

C'mon man!!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:51:03 PM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
"...Rob Ryan, who was with the Raiders from 2004-08, could be a candidate to potentially replace Raiders defensive coordinator John Marshall, with the added title of assistant head coach."

If he doesn't get hired as a head coach somewhere. If he did become the Raiders' defensive coordinator, Al would have another guy ready to jump into the head coach position if Hue Jackson doesn't pan out for whatever reason.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=80719

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/02/report-rob-ryan-on-the-list-in-carolina/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/31/rob-ryan-expects-to-interview-for-head-coaching-jobs/

ryan again? oh shit. i guess the defense improved too much under marshall, and al wants to go back to shitty prevent defenses and the worst run defense in the league.

al hasn't had a defensive head coach since john madden, so i doubt ryan would be in line for that job.

i'm sick of this shit.
Why dont we just go and get back Shell and Walsh while we are at it!  This is such a fucked up franchise! :'( :'(

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
"...Rob Ryan, who was with the Raiders from 2004-08, could be a candidate to potentially replace Raiders defensive coordinator John Marshall, with the added title of assistant head coach."

If he doesn't get hired as a head coach somewhere. If he did become the Raiders' defensive coordinator, Al would have another guy ready to jump into the head coach position if Hue Jackson doesn't pan out for whatever reason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/02/report-rob-ryan-on-the-list-in-carolina/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/31/rob-ryan-expects-to-interview-for-head-coaching-jobs/

ryan again? oh shit. i guess the defense improved too much under marshall, and al wants to go back to shitty prevent defenses and the worst run defense in the league.

al hasn't had a defensive head coach since john madden, so i doubt ryan would be in line for that job.

i'm sick of this shit.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
I would say that CABLE gave us our best win/loss total in years...............................he was coach when we had the best rushing attack in the league since the superbowl and was coach when we had our best offensive numbers in years........................is that a testament to HUE.................?    I would say so, but the players quit on every other coach we have had.........................CALLAHAN, KIFFIN, SHELL, and TURNER! YOU CANNOT DISPUTE THAT EVERY YEAR HE COACHED WE GOT BETTER :-*
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:49:47 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2011, 10:57:46 AM »
Didn't I say HC job?  Callahan will never get another and neither will Curly-Joe.  As far as spelling, I don't see you mentioning Raider Greg's spelling.  It's a fucking message board.  Who gives a shit about spelling.  You saying Childress is a horrible coach doesn't make it a fact.  Just one slapnutz opinion. 

I never said Childress was a great coach, just a better option than Curly-Joe.  RSully, you seem to take the opposite persons point to the extreme to make your point and your conclusions as fact.  not very convincing

Posted by: oklandraida84    Posted on: January 08, 2011, 09:41:15 PM
millernation, you're just proving how much of a know nothing dumbass you are. When he said he listened to the Chiefs podcast he was talking about the raider nation podcast with the subject of the OH IDK CHIEFS POSTGAME? I guess you're just that incompetent. Yes you are a closet fan. You're a dumbass, you think you're a know it all but you're just flat out stupid. Brad Childress sucks ass as a head coach! With all that talent and what did he do with it? Raidersully has been spot on in all of his recent posts!

Look, RaiderFatAzzs has moved away from the trough long enough to post a message bandwagoning on Sully.  Hey "I like Cake" boy, stay out of grown folks conversations.  Yeah, I know this guy is a RPN favorite.  He sucks down all the pretzels and drinks up all the beer and how the board members will come to his defense.  A great raider fan, but not great enough to declare the fandom of others. 

With all our talent what did Cable do with it? 

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:47:59 PM by Randy »

raidersully

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
I've been pondering the Cable firing & have justified in my head why it's also a good idea.

W1- Titans finished (6-10)
W3- Arizona finished (5-11)
W4- Houston finished (5-11)
W6- San Francisco finished (6-10)
W11- Pittsburgh finished (12-4)
W12- Miami finished (7-9)
W14- Jacksonville finished (8-8)
W16- Indianapolis finished (10-6)

Out of our 8 losses this season. only 2 teams had better records then us! (PIT & IND)... To me that's equivalent to leaving 6 potential wins on the table.

Here are our wins.

Chiefs twice - 10-6 (playoffs)
Chargers twice - 9-7
Broncos twice 4-12
Rams - 7-9
Seattle - 7-9 (playoffs)

Out of our eight wins two have better records(of course we also beat them not once, but twice). And like the teams we lost too. Two of these teams are in the playoffs with the Seacocks moving on to the next round(while the Colts are going home). See I can twist our schedule to my side also.

You can focus on the negative if it puts your mind at ease with the Cable decision. I prefer to look at the overall picture when making my mind.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »
I've been pondering the Cable firing & have justified in my head why it's also a good idea.

Out of our 8 losses this season. only 2 teams had better records then us! (PIT & IND)... To me that's equivalent to leaving 6 potential wins on the table.

You can say whatever you want about Cable.......In my mind if all the free-agents stay with us and we get some good ones to join us from other teams then that is fine.  But if the ones we need to keep leave because of this decision then I say it was really stupid.  I hope I am wrong!

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2011, 05:51:07 AM »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »

I KNEW I felt an earthquake a while ago. I went online and couldn't find any mention of one. I was starting to think that maybe some HUGE person had been walking down the hallway of my condo complex or something.

You live in a Condo???

Nmm... always thought you being a computer nerd, that hackers live in a bomb bunker or something. 2 Apple IMACS or PROMACs with multiple screens & Redbull cans everywhere with dark lighting and maybe a Matrix poster hanging from the wall.

Oh that's right,... you're married these days. CONDO AWAY BROTHER!!!

No....No iMacs or ProMacs.....just one little MacBook Pro laptop on my dining room table. No Redbulls. No Matrix poster. You did get the dim lighting right though. Oh, and I don't know anything about hacking.  :-[

Come on don't lie.

Didn't you hack into BOLTTALK podcast and plug in Gregs phone call straight into the recording studio?

THHHAATTTS SOMME BBBBOOOOOWWWWLLLSHHHIIITTTTT!!!!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2011, 12:29:49 AM »

I KNEW I felt an earthquake a while ago. I went online and couldn't find any mention of one. I was starting to think that maybe some HUGE person had been walking down the hallway of my condo complex or something.

You live in a Condo???

Nmm... always thought you being a computer nerd, that hackers live in a bomb bunker or something. 2 Apple IMACS or PROMACs with multiple screens & Redbull cans everywhere with dark lighting and maybe a Matrix poster hanging from the wall.

No....No iMacs or ProMacs.....just one little MacBook Pro laptop on my dining room table. No Redbulls. No Matrix poster. You did get the dim lighting right though. Oh, and I don't know anything about hacking.  :-[

Here's my "bomb bunker", with bomb sniffing cat.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:15:22 AM by Randy »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2011, 09:41:15 PM »
millernation, you're just proving how much of a know nothing dumbass you are. When he said he listened to the Chiefs podcast he was talking about the raider nation podcast with the subject of the OH IDK CHIEFS POSTGAME? I guess you're just that incompetent. Yes you are a closet fan. You're a dumbass, you think you're a know it all but you're just flat out stupid. Brad Childress sucks ass as a head coach! With all that talent and what did he do with it? Raidersully has been spot on in all of his recent posts!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:24:07 AM by Randy »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »
I hope the 4.1 earthquake in the bay area wakes up Al and gets this coaching search/decision moving....

Serious note..hope all the bay area members are ok.

Terdell Sands your new neighbour?  :P

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »
Raiders, Hue Jackson may benefit from San Francisco 49ers decision to hire Jim Harbaugh

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_17038486

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2011, 10:27:49 PM »
I hope the 4.1 earthquake in the bay area wakes up Al and gets this coaching search/decision moving....

You live in a Condo???

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:25:01 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2011, 10:07:58 PM »