Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 63117 times)

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
HueJax must know what he's getting himself into. Al will be Al and will always have a say on operations/coaching! To think otherwise is asking for disaster! 1st off, Al Davis don't believe in rebuilding! HIS RAIDERS are always PLAY-OFF teams at least that's what he thinks! Hue must be in the same mindset as Al and in my opinion Hue can take this Raider team (given every one comes back) to the next level. I've always believed that the ticket to the play-offs lies in winning the division and its OUR (the Raiders) time as all of the AFC west are somewhat in dis-array. The past season was a BLUE MOON, sweeping the Div. and not going post-season (heck, the chickens did with a losing record). I believe Hue can equal/do better than the past season. Money has never been an object to Al, particularly to loyal Raiders guys, so I expect most of the guys back. Everything remains to be seen! Hopefully the Union and the Owners agree soon.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:57:00 PM by Randy »

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
The funny thing is that us as Raider fans go through this kinda shit almost every fucking offseason.  We ALWAYS freak out about what free agents might walk, we complain about the free agents Al brings in, Raider Greg threatens to not renew his season tickets ;),  we fight about the coaching staff, we always say "FUCK AL", but then he throws massive $$$$$$$$ at someone we all want then we say Als not afraid to pay his guys he wants, and then the draft.

As we get closer to the draft, all the conversations go like this, "We should draft so and so" and then someone replies like this "What? We don't need so and so, Did you actually watch any Raider games last year? If you know anything about football you would know that we need to draft this kid out of (insert college name here)"  

And what's even funnier about all the shit we bicker about is, is the fact that I LOVE IT!!!!  Go Raiders!  Go ahead HELLRAIDER, bash Al all you want! Its all good!  We all know when the Raiders return to glory that we are all gonna be kissing Al's ass again!  I fucking love it!!! :D :D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:54:11 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
I know a lot of you are life long fans but seriously STFU with the Al Davis bashing.

If you don't like it, then leave.

This is not some Business man like Paul Allen running the team. This is Al Motherfucking Davis. The godfather of football. He has every right to run his team into the ground (but i don't believe he is)

Cable was a bum... plain and simple. he screwed up by missing out on OTA days and should be punished accordingly.

I hear the Chargers bandwagon is taking nominations!!!

You have got to be kidding.....?....what the hell has this guy done since 1983 ...............and im being honest.....and I dont need someone to question my fanhood.....he has run off the best coach this team had since Flores, being Gruden ...........and there is no relief of a great coach in sight ever again in my mind.............. ???  he has not shown the ability to make this once great franchise great again.....and i would like to know what sign of bringing this team to a winning formula again would be evident after he has most likely pissed off every great player who is a free agent this offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:44:14 PM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
I know a lot of you are life long fans but seriously STFU with the Al Davis bashing.

If you don't like it, then leave.

This is not some Business man like Paul Allen running the team. This is Al Motherfucking Davis. The godfather of football. He has every right to run his team into the ground (but i don't believe he is)

Cable was a bum... plain and simple. he screwed up by missing out on OTA days and should be punished accordingly.

I hear the Chargers bandwagon is taking nominations!!!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2011, 08:15:47 PM »
Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer reporting Hue Jackson has been named HC.  Not a surprise....what will be interesting is who will be named OC and DC.  They are also reporting that a possible OC candidate could be Al Saunders.  Is he still in football? We should be thankful that he wasn't running a bed an breakfast these past few years....lol

And yet another whipping boy, he better save some $ so he will have it for lawyer fees whenever he gets fired in the next 2-3 years.............................................what a fucking joke............... ???

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2011, 08:10:09 PM »
Here's the official announcement on Raiders.com

"Hue Jackson will formally be introduced as Head Coach of The Oakland Raiders tomorrow"
Press Conference will be at 1:15 pm, tomorrow, Tuesday per Raiders spokesperson John Hererra

a quote from Al Davis, "“The fire in Hue will set a flame that will burn for a long time in the hearts and minds of the Raider football team and the Raider Nation.”
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Oakland-Raiders-Name-Hue-Jackson-Head-Coach/98aa442b-8972-4bce-aa87-9db3be9b78a0

NFL Network Video:  
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc062b/article/raiders-pick-jackson-to-be-coach-after-offenses-success

Adam Schefter:  
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/news/story?id=6031671

Comcast SportsNet:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/17/11/Raiders-set-to-introduce-Jackson-as-new-/landing_raiders.html?blockID=392952&feedID=2801
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:03:16 AM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer reporting Hue Jackson has been named HC.  Not a surprise....what will be interesting is who will be named OC and DC.  They are also reporting that a possible OC candidate could be Al Saunders.  Is he still in football? We should be thankful that he wasn't running a bed an breakfast these past few years....lol

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:12:06 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2011, 05:47:23 PM »
Nice.....

Come on Cable come out with a tell all book....it will give me something to do/read during 2011 without football.

Sad...really sad....What happened to "the finest players", "finest organization" and "finest coaches" ??  <<<Al Davis voice

RAIDERNATIONnATE

« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »
i can't even bitch about anything anymore just hope things work out for the best and we can start thinking about THIS year fuck it all, hopefully we can get some good picks in the draft and keep most of our players this year will be a Great year no matter what  KEEP your heads up high no matter what, AL DAVIS doing shit like this should be no fucking secret whatever with him nothing we can do. GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2011, 04:18:55 PM »
I find my love for this team decreasing year after year..........let me say my love of the players does not....and well yes the history and everything else that comes along with it........but the fact that I truly dont think I will ever see a superbowl victory again in my lifetime is quite depressing...............!  I have found the overall state of the game to be in turmoil................too many penalties........too many greedy athletes................they play a kids game for godsakes...................and the fact that before too long all tackling will be outlawed..............................and then to have to deal with an owner who clearly does not care about winning is disheartening..............................I HONEST TO GOD GET MORE EXCITED ABOUT WATCHING MY BELOVED  SPORT OF HOCKEY AND MY MONTREAL CANADIENS THAN WATCHING RAIDER FOOTBALL BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT FROM KOOKY OLD AL.........................!  I have said enough........im depressed................................................. :'( :'( :'(
Yeah Al should just coach the team himself, cause no one will ever be good enough, be able to finish what they started, or get along with his Ole FART ASSSSSSSSS!....It will save him mad money and then he can fire himself!.....I with you HellRaider, Pro football in the near future is gonna be for PUSSSSSIIIIES!.... :'(
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »
I find my love for this team decreasing year after year..........let me say my love of the players does not....and well yes the history and everything else that comes along with it........but the fact that I truly dont think I will ever see a superbowl victory again in my lifetime is quite depressing...............!  I have found the overall state of the game to be in turmoil................too many penalties........too many greedy athletes................they play a kids game for godsakes...................and the fact that before too long all tackling will be outlawed..............................and then to have to deal with an owner who clearly does not care about winning is disheartening..............................I HONEST TO GOD GET MORE EXCITED ABOUT WATCHING MY BELOVED  SPORT OF HOCKEY AND MY MONTREAL CANADIENS THAN WATCHING RAIDER FOOTBALL BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT FROM KOOKY OLD AL.........................!  I have said enough........im depressed................................................. :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:21:27 PM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2011, 11:54:51 AM »
Its sad that the legacy of AL Davis, all he has done for the Raiders and the NFL will most likely end with him being a dick-tator, cheapskate, backstabbing, overbearing liar cheat.....instead of "JUST WIN BABY".......LMAO!.....as a fan all you can do is just laugh.....ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »
Well so far Oakland aint let us down. Dont know why any of yall are so suprised at all these stories comming out. Doesnt this crap happen every single offseason? Well of course AL is is tying to scew Cable out of money, When was the last coach besides maybe Art Shell that he hasnt tried. He is so greedy its not even funny. NONE of this is a suprise to me at all. We all knew after Cable got fired things were gonna fall apart and we were all right. We will not come close to a Championship until this man hits the floor, and to me thats just depressing.

I don't think any of it surprises us at all.  But like Randy pointed out..it's just embarrassing how fucked up the entire setup is up top in Oakland.  Some of you get mad when the media-heads talk about it...but hell...it is clearly a joke.  And the fact that Al pays so much money for free agents/draft picks that never contribute (and he STILL wants on the field) but continually skimps on his coaches....

I went to Jacksonville this year and was planning on coming out and hanging with all of you in Oaktown this year for a game (given there is football) but I may find it hard to do...I'm past fed up with this bullshit...

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »
Well so far Oakland aint let us down. Dont know why any of yall are so suprised at all these stories comming out. Doesnt this crap happen every single offseason? Well of course AL is is tying to scew Cable out of money, When was the last coach besides maybe Art Shell that he hasnt tried. He is so greedy its not even funny. NONE of this is a suprise to me at all. We all knew after Cable got fired things were gonna fall apart and we were all right. We will not come close to a Championship until this man hits the floor, and to me thats just depressing.

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2011, 07:54:05 AM »
pathetic...

RAIDERNATIONnATE

« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2011, 04:03:34 AM »
RAIDERS FANS WERE FUCKED!!!

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2011, 03:32:25 AM »
This is from a a Steve Corkran article about the Cable/Davis issue:

Midway through the season, Cable told Bay Area News Group that people "would be stunned if they knew what I'm being forced (by Davis) to do out here."

When told that people probably had a fair idea, Cable snapped: "(People) have no idea. It's going to come out soon, though." He added that he had not spoken with Davis since training camp, three months earlier.

It also goes on to say Cable was forced to use players he didn't want to play, and keep them on the roster. I'm starting to wonder why I keep rooting for this organization. Because Davis is obviously a horrible fucking person, regardless of whatever kinds of barriers he broke down decades ago. The guy is a true-blue asshole.

YEAR AFTER YEAR WE HEAR OF SUCH BULLSHIT AND IT ENDS UP SCREWING UP THE TEAM AND PLAYERS. AL DAVIS HAS TAKEN THIS TO YET ANOTHER LEVEL WITH THE CABLE FINE....WE HAVE HERD IT BEFORE THOUGH, HOW AL PICKS THE PLAYERS AND THE COACHES AND THE PLAYS ECT. SEEMS TO ME THAT ITS JUST THE WAY IT REALY IS......HOW SAD, THIS GUY WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP OR EVEN COME CLOSE. THE FANS ARE FUCKED AND HE DOES NOT CARE A LICK. ITS NOW GOING TO BE A CIRCUS FOR THE NEER FUTURE.....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:59:40 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2011, 03:07:46 AM »

What world are you living in that makes you think ANY of those coaches would ever consider coaching for the RAIDERS? 

I totally agree mate... chances are slim.

But there's no need to announce Hue straight away when the chances of other teams firing coaches now are slim to none.

To relate to my own situations as of late, When there's one bottle of water left on the supermarket shelf... some people can get pretty desperate in times of need. Al has the only vacant spot and apart from the other 31 hired NFL head coaches i'm sure there's another 5 Billion people on the planet who'd love to be steering a organization.

The Assassin

« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2011, 01:23:43 AM »
This is from a a Steve Corkran article about the Cable/Davis issue:

Midway through the season, Cable told Bay Area News Group that people "would be stunned if they knew what I'm being forced (by Davis) to do out here."

When told that people probably had a fair idea, Cable snapped: "(People) have no idea. It's going to come out soon, though." He added that he had not spoken with Davis since training camp, three months earlier.

It also goes on to say Cable was forced to use players he didn't want to play, and keep them on the roster. I'm starting to wonder why I keep rooting for this organization. Because Davis is obviously a horrible fucking person, regardless of whatever kinds of barriers he broke down decades ago. The guy is a true-blue asshole.

Here's a link to the whole story: http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_17114103

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
Sources: Tom Cable fighting fines
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6027281&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

And now the truth becomes much more clear. Seriously. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN OAKLAND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Thx for posting. Are you kidding me? Davis taking 20k from his game checks over missed days during OTA's?

What a selling feature to prospective OC and DC's....

I guess Cable won't be sitting up in the luxury box with Al Davis and Jim Otto  :'(

Al spends tens of millions on free agents, then pinches pennies with his coaches. What's up with that?
I wonder if we'll be seeing an explanation with the overhead projector?

Seeing how Al has withheld money from 4 of his last 5 coaches makes for a great incentive for prospective new coaches, huh? I wonder if they can come up with something similar to a prenuptual agreement, that Al and the new coach can sign to prevent these things in case of another "breakup" later on.
AL DAVIS IS A GANGSTA.....lol.....one big reason nobody wants to coach here.....faack man!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6027281&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

And now the truth becomes much more clear. Seriously. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN OAKLAND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Thx for posting. Are you kidding me? Davis taking 20k from his game checks over missed days during OTA's?

I guess Cable won't be sitting up in the luxury box with Al Davis and Jim Otto  :'(

Al spends tens of millions on free agents, then pinches pennies with his coaches. What's up with that?
I wonder if we'll be seeing an explanation with the overhead projector?

Seeing how Al has withheld money from 4 of his last 5 coaches makes for a great incentive for prospective new coaches, huh? I wonder if they can come up with something similar to a prenuptual agreement, that Al and the new coach can sign to prevent these things in case of another "breakup" later on.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:33:48 PM by Randy »

raidersully

« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2011, 04:19:33 PM »
i personally like us stringing out the announcement of the HC.

At least wait til the superbowl concludes... there's a very good chance that Tomlin, McCarthy, Bellechick, Lovie or Rex could become available if one of the teams still left suffers a very embarrassing loss.

Also there's some great assistances on those teams.

IF it's going to be Hue... then he can wait.

What world are you living in that makes you think ANY of those coaches would ever consider coaching for the RAIDERS? Out of the ones you listed Lovie and Rex are the only ones even close to looking for a new job(though I can't see why). No way Rex is coming as I am sure his brother has informed him plenty of the going ons in Oakland. Lovie may consider. But as the Bears are once again going to the NFC championship game under him, I doubt he is going anywhere.

The assistants maybe. But if the only choice is Oakland or remaining an assistant with a playoff ready team. I think the choice is easy.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
i personally like us stringing out the announcement of the HC.

At least wait til the superbowl concludes... there's a very good chance that Tomlin, McCarthy, Bellechick, Lovie or Rex could become available if one of the teams still left suffers a very embarrassing loss.

Also there's some great assistances on those teams.

IF it's going to be Hue... then he can wait.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2011, 02:57:32 PM »

Whilst i don't agree with hood winking the coach.... But it's Tom Cable fault for running practices which led to us losing 2 OTA's

I think Al will win this court case yet again cause it's the coach responsibility to run a smooth practice & plus it's probably in the contract somewhere, but the Dumb fuck Cable used his contract as a napkin after eating 2 ounds of wings and a gallon of soda pop

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »

Just makes us look like a bigger joke than we already are..............................

raidersully

« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
...probably what's gonna happen...Hue Jackson HC, Josh McDaniels OC, Rob Ryan DC...

...or fuck it, you never know about Al, he could go SANJAY LAL for head coach ???

I don't think there will be an OC...think Greg hit that one on the head in that Al can save some money by letting Hue do them both. And I think he was planning on bringing Ryan back but Dallas is trying hard to get him signed so who knows who we will end up with :/

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »
...probably what's gonna happen...Hue Jackson HC, Josh McDaniels OC, Rob Ryan DC...

...or fuck it, you never know about Al, he could go SANJAY LAL for head coach ???

The "Dream Team"!

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2011, 12:23:12 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2011, 12:24:58 AM »

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2011, 10:07:24 PM »
Call me crazy but I'm not opposed to Rob being the next HC.

1)He has a good working relationship with the boss (not an easy task). He was fired by "Lance" and re hired by the boss..lol
2)Players at the time (both sides of the ball) lobbied for him to get the HC.
3)See 1 and 2 because I've just run out of reasons....maybe I am crazy.
3) Al's dementia has led him to believe that Rob Ryan is acutally Rex Ryan.
LMAO! I bet he introduces him(rob) as Rex.
I bet he introduces him as BUDDY RYAN! :D

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:01 PM »
Raiders r currently the only team without a Head coach.  

Could Al Davis be having money troubles?  He didn't want to pay Cable 5 million nor Nnamdi his salary next year.  Have the raiders become the pittsburgh pirates?
Its not much of a shock that he didnt want to pay Cable 5 million bucks. Al's notorious for not wanting to pay his coaches big bucks.  As long as the NFL has the revenue sharing program, every team is capable of spending big bucks.  Thats how the Lions are able to operate even though they've had to pay top dollar for a top 5 pick in every draft for last 30 years.

Offline ABQ Raider

• Rookie Member
  • Raider's
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2011, 08:40:16 PM »
Nothing coming out on the search. any one have the inside scope on whats going on?

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »
Raiders r currently the only team without a Head coach. 

Could Al Davis be having money troubles?  He didn't want to pay Cable 5 million nor Nnamdi his salary next year.  Have the raiders become the pittsburgh pirates?

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
Ryan sucked while he was here,,,,,,Marshall was way better!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2011, 03:06:47 PM »
This story is about Rob Ryan coming back but read the end...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7WpB

Also, that useless terd Herrera denies...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7WpD

My gut feeling?  If Herrera is denying, Marshall's office is already cleaned out...

Yeah Raider Bob already posted the same thing previously....
Maybe we'll swap girlfriends...I mean DC's...Marshall was with Holmgren when they were at the seaducks.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
This story is about Rob Ryan coming back but read the end...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7WpB

Also, that useless terd Herrera denies...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7WpD

My gut feeling?  If Herrera is denying, Marshall's office is already cleaned out...

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »

1)He has a good working relationship with the boss (not an easy task). He was fired by "Lance" and re hired by the boss..lol
The next coach as lance Kiffin!haha

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »

Offline bLuEmEaNie

• Rookie Member
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »
then again- i don't think I can come up with a 3rd reason either hahah ;D

Offline bLuEmEaNie

• Rookie Member
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2011, 10:17:02 PM »
I don't think you're crazy.. I agree. I think he played the cards he was dealt with when he was here. example?? Look how much better were looking w/o JBust. Sometime you gotta just play the cards your dealt. I can't remember a time when he was playing that i wasn't disappointed. Does that mean the coaches sucked? no
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:24:38 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »

1) He has a good working relationship with the boss (not an easy task). He was fired by "Lance" and re hired by the boss..lol
2) Players at the time (both sides of the ball) lobbied for him to get the HC.
3) See 1 and 2 because I've just run out of reasons....maybe I am crazy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:25:01 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
So when did we "let Marshall go"?
 I don't remember seeing that.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Familar-Face-Enters-Raiders-Coaching-Search-113288569.html

Marshall isn't listed in the "Transactions" section on Raiders.com:
http://www.raiders.com/team/transactions.html

and he's still listed in the coaching section:
http://www.raiders.com/team/coaches.html

but you know how up to date their website can be  :-\

Thanks guys...that article only mentions it in passing like it happened a week ago.

"The Raiders have already let go of John Marshall, who was the team's defensive coordinator last season. Ryan was with the Raiders from 2004 to 2008."

When it apparently hasn't happened at all. Yet.

Raider Bob from Knoxville

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Familar-Face-Enters-Raiders-Coaching-Search-113288569.html

Marshall isn't listed in the "Transactions" section on Raiders.com:
http://www.raiders.com/team/transactions.html

and he's still listed in the coaching section:
http://www.raiders.com/team/coaches.html

but you know how up to date their website can be  :-\

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
Marshall is still on board...I think.  But the speculation was Rob Ryan for head coach.

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2011, 05:47:45 PM »

Raider Bob from Knoxville