Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 58779 times)

Offline RaiderRay

• Hall Of Famer
  • Proud member of the ONLY Nation, the Raider Nation
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2011, 01:32:20 AM »
Jackson basically promised the Raider Nation playoffs and superbowl appearences.  He might be able to do it with this current Raider team, but if the free agents don't return then the coaching position will be the revolving door that it has been.     
This is my biggest fear...........................I think some of the guys will want to come back...............Nnamdi,Seymour, Miller and Bush are must haves........................................period! :'(

I share your fear.  I think that if we see  major improvement in our receiving corps then we won't have to rely on Miller as much, but I would miss him if he left.  Mr. Al Davis better do whatever it takes to keep those players, even if he has to get on his knees and start humming on some balls.   ???

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2011, 10:21:32 PM »
No doubt.  I am sick of all these fucking doomsday purveyors on this site.  You'd think we were the fucking Carolina Panthers.  They are plenty of crybaby bitch Pats and Giants out here by me, they'd be glad to take you whiners.  Come on guys, we are the fucking RAIDER NATION and our team is the OAKLAND RAIDERS!

I am all for people to speak their minds and complain if need be but when we have success...SHUT YOUR FUCKING TRAPS.  Cuz all you idiots did was bitch about how we'll get torched by Rivers or blasted by KC, etc etc.  I could go on and on.  Every game RNPers post how we are going to get killed but then bask in victory. 

It's a forum...so I'll say what I want. There's nothing wrong with wanting and expecting the best.  My excitement is tempered...it's that time of year....you know...another year another coach  AGAIN...What success are you referring  to? The 8-8 season? It wasn't good enough for Al. Speaking of.....i should tell you to "SHUT YOUR FUCKING TRAP" for calling his press conference "EXCELLENT!" Really? What part was excellent? The 15 minutes introducing Hue or the 45 minutes of him embarrassing himself on tv. C'MON MAN <<<---espn voice

Raider Jake

« Reply #286 on: January 19, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »
Im seeing some... Hues's of hope..  LOL  ;D

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »
Jackson basically promised the Raider Nation playoffs and superbowl appearences.  He might be able to do it with this current Raider team, but if the free agents don't return then the coaching position will be the revolving door that it has been.     
This is my biggest fear...........................I think some of the guys will want to come back...............Nnamdi,Seymour, Miller and Bush are must haves........................................period! :'(

Offline RaiderRay

• Hall Of Famer
  • Proud member of the ONLY Nation, the Raider Nation
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2011, 08:00:40 PM »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
No doubt.  I am sick of all these fucking doomsday purveyors on this site.  You'd think we were the fucking Carolina Panthers.  They are plenty of crybaby bitch Pats and Giants out here by me, they'd be glad to take you whiners.  Come on guys, we are the fucking RAIDER NATION and our team is the OAKLAND RAIDERS!

I am all for people to speak their minds and complain if need be but when we have success...SHUT YOUR FUCKING TRAPS.  Cuz all you idiots did was bitch about how we'll get torched by Rivers or blasted by KC, etc etc.  I could go on and on.  Every game RNPers post how we are going to get killed but then bask in victory. 

I can assure you that I am not a doomsday Raider fan.   Its just that you can expect jackson to be fired in the next 2 -3 years.........That is history and that is a fact!  He will already be behind the 8 ball if all of our great free agents from this year dont return.............
I am just pointing out the obvious here....Look at the teams around the league.....How many are run my an 81 year old man? I mean Dude......The guy was paranoid years ago and it is obvious he needs help......Were you proud of our great owner on TV? Did he demonstrait the wisdom and knowledge of the great owner of the Raiders? OR did he look like a slightly confused old man holding on to his lifes work that has been slipping through his fingers for the past 8 years? You be the judge but I have great respect for what he did but not so much for what he has shown us as a leader, owner, boss and NFL legend these past 8 seasons. He has put a stain on his greatness and this is sad to see. 

raidersully

« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
What is with U.  I like the way you say bullshit on the podcast and put it in my post.  U should be uniting RaiderNation not dividing them.  Also be careful.  Skully is going to call U gay for your ballsack comment(unless he just likes to single me out which means he has no ballsack of his own) which I will decline to suck.  Although some here would like for me too be, I'm not gay. 

Anyway, keep doing what you do and putting out fires. 

I see your reading comprehension is about as good as your spelling. I never called you gay. Who you fuck is of no concern of mine.

raidersully

« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »

Those who thought that teams like KC and Rivers would beat us were simply playing the odds. Seeing as the Chargers were going into this year with a 14 game winning streak against us, I think that being pessimistic about the out come was understandable. For seven very long seasons we have watched this team fail in ways thought unimaginable by many long time RAIDER fans. But with every new season hope sprang eternal, and every fan on this site from the time I started posting here was optimistic for new season and the promise it held. Only to have that optimism crushed by week 5. So I hope you can see where some of us are coming from.

I can't speak for all those who post here. But for me. My wife doesn't want to here my thoughts on the RAIDERS as she is not a fan. This forum offers a place for myself, and many others to express, those feeling whether good or bad. So yeah when the RAIDERS are doing bad negative comments will be made. And when they are doing well we will celebrate. This is the life of a fan.

Our calls of doomsday are not unfound as we have history on our side. We all feel as though we have seen this movie before and can be pretty sure of it's outcome. But let me be the first to say. I want nothing, I repeat NOTHING, more than for Jackson and Al to prove me wrong, and if and when they do. I can assure you I will scream it from the tallest mountain and post in it's own thread, that I was wrong! And I have a feeling many others will join me. As a fan I want nothing but success for this team. Next year I will root for Jackson, his staff, and who ever dons the SILVER AND BLACK. Because no matter how much I bitch, complain, whine, or fuss about how things are done in OAKLAND. WIN LOSE OR TIE, A RAIDER FAN TILL I DIE!!!!

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »

I can assure you that I am not a doomsday Raider fan.   Its just that you can expect jackson to be fired in the next 2 -3 years.........That is history and that is a fact!  He will already be behind the 8 ball if all of our great free agents from this year dont return.............

I hear ya dude.  And I realize how he's only got a window of a couple years at best.  It's just I remember when Cable was hired and Raider fans were like WTF and now all of a sudden he's John Madden. 

I am optimistic that's all.  I like the offensive experience Hue brings to the team.  I like that he challenges the players.  I like that he is talked about in owners and coaching circles.

I know you want him to win...

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2011, 07:12:24 PM »
Suck my BALLSACK Miller"LITE"......Or perhaps you should just leave this forum forever? OR  you can just eat some of Raider Greg's BBBBOOOOWWWLLLSHIT?

What is with U.  I like the way you say bullshit on the podcast and put it in my post.  U should be uniting RaiderNation not dividing them.  Also be careful.  Skully is going to call U gay for your ballsack comment(unless he just likes to single me out which means he has no ballsack of his own) which I will decline to suck.  Although some here would like for me too be, I'm not gay. 

Anyway, keep doing what you do and putting out fires. 

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2011, 06:58:23 PM »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »
If he doesn't and you guarantee is bogus will you leave the Raidernation forever? Or is your guarantee just a bunch of Raider Greg BUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLlllshit
Suck my BALLSACK Miller"LITE"......Or perhaps you should just leave this forum forever? OR  you can just eat some of Raider Greg's BBBBOOOOWWWLLLSHIT?

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
If he doesn't and you guarantee is bogus will you leave the Raidernation forever? Or is your guarantee just a bunch of Raider Greg BUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLlllshit

TNBlueRaider

« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »
Well we can look forward to many more years of bad Raiders football. Jackson will suck ass as the new "head coach" he will have a losing season and be fired by the end of the season that the team plays. I guarantee this. I know everyone wants hope but this is all bad and yes Jackson is an Al Davis kiss ass, if you don't think so maybe you should watch the press conference just one more time.

Arian

« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2011, 11:45:16 PM »
Does anyone have the list of DC's that are available?? I haven't heard of one good person available.

Here's an article in today's news links, "Chuck Pagano: strong candidate for Oakland Raiders Defensive Coordinator"

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/1/17/1941414/chuck-pagano-a-strong-candidate-for-oakland-raiders-defensive

Awsome thanks for those links Randy!!!!

Earlier today, Ravens promoted Pagano to DC.
Damn.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc55b7/article/pagano-becomes-ravens-dc-after-mattison-takes-michigan-job?module=HP_headlines

Offline Big Raider Dave

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
Tom Cable appointed assistant head coach at Seattle.
"Randall, put that Ipod away"

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »
I am excited about Jackson............he preaches a good game..............now can he make it happen.......

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2011, 06:25:54 PM »
i'm watching the press conference ... what's up with al's right hand? he doesn't move the fingers. two are constantly straight, and the others are bent. some sort of palsy? also, he doesn't move his left arm at all.
His fingers have been like that for a while. I noticed it when we saw him a year or two ago, but they look like they're gotten worse. When we were in Nashville for the season opener this year and we saw Al entering the Raiders hotel, I remember seeing his fingers and thinking, "wow...Al's hands look BAD!".

Arthritis I guess? I haven't heard anyone mention it in print....but I'll bet we'll be hearing some mention of it after that press conference. Did you noticed the sound of all the camera shutters going off when Al raised his hand to scratch his nose, and his fingers looked like they were curved backwards? He held his hand in that position for about 5 seconds, and people were taking photos constantly.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:29:36 PM by Randy »

RAIDERNATIONnATE

« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
i'm watching the press conference ... what's up with al's right hand? he doesn't move the fingers. two are constantly straight, and the others are bent. some sort of palsy? also, he doesn't move his left arm at all.

old age brother!

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2011, 04:59:08 PM »
does anyone know what website might have the Hue Jackson press confrence.

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2011, 04:50:27 PM »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43:33 PM »
i just dont like the term "Al's Puppet" do you think HC come here wanting to be known as that?

I think they come in here wanting to learn the finer aspects of the game from one of the true greats.

Anyone who says "But he picks the coaches for his HC".. that's probably true, but when your a 30 year old kid wonder, you need a older head to pick your staff because you probably don't have the connections in the industry yet

BTW... sorry for calling anyone out and there fanhood. I just know how this organization runs and wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »
yea Chuck would be the best candidate so far, and yea im not taking AL's point of views into consideration for a reason. Seems like the Chiefs have the patriots sister coaching staff and we will have the Balimtores sister coaching staff...haha. i really dont care whoever gives us the best chance to win.

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »
Does anyone have the list of DC's that are available?? I haven't heard of one good person available.

Here's an article in today's news links, "Chuck Pagano: strong candidate for Oakland Raiders Defensive Coordinator"

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/1/17/1941414/chuck-pagano-a-strong-candidate-for-oakland-raiders-defensive

Awsome thanks for those links Randy!!!!

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2011, 01:12:27 PM »
To all the nah-sayers that believe Hue Jackson is not the answer, who would you have liked to see as the Raiders new HC?

- George Orwell

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »
Does not your inside "MAN" tell you all that is Raiders??? Hey Miller"lite", Just because its the way Al works does not make it a good thing bro........Al Davis has fucked every coach for the past 10 seasons for Loss after Loss.......He had one of his Snakes like good old John Herrera tell Cable what Al wanted or even sent letters ( Al is big on letters) to tell Cable who to keep and who to play.....However you slice it, its FUCKED up for the team and for the fans. This old fuck needs to do a face plant in his bowl of Grits and let someone else take this team......

Agreed LSD

Raider Greg, I'm not commenting on it being a good or bad thing.  But Cable took the job knowing the conditions and now wants to complain about the conditions.  Reminds me of a guy who worked in sanitation as a trash man.  Then after he was terminated, he filed a lawsuit complaining he worked in unsanitary conditions. 

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2011, 11:33:19 AM »
Y do Raiders head coaches complain about Al Davis calling the shots.  They know when they get hired what the deal is.  Cable was there for the Lane Kiffen madness.  He know what raider head coaches have to go through.  You have the choice not to be a raider head coach.  Don't bitch about it afterwards.  If he didn't talk to Davis since training camp, how in the hell did Davis tell him what players to play?  Did he get a Powerpoint file(or presentations from the old WordPerfect Suite) laid at his doorstep on a 5.25 floppy disc?

Does not your inside "MAN" tell you all that is Raiders??? Hey Miller"lite", Just because its the way Al works does not make it a good thing bro........Al Davis has fucked every coach for the past 10 seasons for Loss after Loss.......He had one of his Snakes like good old John Herrera tell Cable what Al wanted or even sent letters ( Al is big on letters) to tell Cable who to keep and who to play.....However you slice it, its FUCKED up for the team and for the fans. This old fuck needs to do a face plant in his bowl of Grits and let someone else take this team......

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
Y do Raiders head coaches complain about Al Davis calling the shots.  They know when they get hired what the deal is.  Cable was there for the Lane Kiffen madness.  He know what raider head coaches have to go through.  You have the choice not to be a raider head coach.  Don't bitch about it afterwards.  If he didn't talk to Davis since training camp, how in the hell did Davis tell him what players to play?  Did he get a Powerpoint file(or presentations from the old WordPerfect Suite) laid at his doorstep on a 5.25 floppy disc?

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2011, 10:41:42 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »
What time was the anouncement supposed to be made today?
One of the articles posted here said 1:15 I believe. I'll look for it.

Yeah...1:15

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=10.msg17027#msg17027

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2011, 10:04:15 AM »
Some bay area beat writers are saying that Chuck Pagano is likely to be the new DC.  Some have credited Pagano in helping Nnamdi emerge as the best corner in the league.  I believe he was with the team back in 2005-2006. I guess the bright spot is that Nnamdi likes him of course and I'm hoping would consider returning as a result of the hire. 

RaiderWilde - Will you be helping Al with the overhead projecter this afternoon? Might be hard to do that from under his desk. hehe jk bro

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »
I know a lot of you are life long fans but seriously STFU with the Al Davis bashing.
If you don't like it, then leave.
This is not some Business man like Paul Allen running the team. This is Al Motherfucking Davis. The godfather of football. He has every right to run his team into the ground (but i don't believe he is)
Cable was a bum... plain and simple. he screwed up by missing out on OTA days and should be punished accordingly.
I hear the Chargers bandwagon is taking nominations!!!
Like in any organization you somtimes may not agree with the decisions managment make.  No one is jumping ship, some of us are expressing our displeasure with some of the moves that are being made. Maybe it's that I don't understand the moves that are being made but as a fan I want better, I expect better...especially when the owner preaches he wants the have the "finest organization", "finest coaches" and "finest players".  I want to boast that we have the finest of all of these.  I think by Al keeping Hue and promoting him to HC is a better move then brining yet someone else new in and keeps the ship somewhat stable.
Noting wrong with wanting and expecting the best of our Raiders....and if some don't agree then what a better place to express that then RNP......

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:16 AM »
What time was the anouncement suppose to be made today?
I believe 1pm pacific time.  Al will be there with his overhead projector and it will be aired on comcast (which i don't have) and CSN-CA.  If anyone is able to post a link (Randy) that would be great.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:07:20 AM by NCRaider »

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »
What time was the anouncement supposed to be made today?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:31:42 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »
Oakland Raiders Owner Al Davis spoke about the dynamic 45-year-old Jackson: “The fire in Hue will set a flame that will burn for a long time in the hearts and minds of the Raider football team and the Raider Nation.”...............................wow.............. just insert anyones name in their  every 2-3 years and you never have to change the message...........................what a joke.............. :D

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »
This is about the best we could realistically hope for in Jackson.  I think most of the players will be content to stay...and possibly a few come in with Jackson.  A few quotes I've read already:

“I’m excited about Hue getting the head coaching job,” Raiders tight end Zach Miller said in a phone interview. “I really like the direction our offense is going and how much we improved. This was the best offensive year we’ve had since I’ve been a Raider. I’m excited to have the continuity.”

Jackson was popular with players on both sides of the ball in Oakland, with the defenders enjoying the competitive nature he brought to practice each day. Linebacker Quentin Groves(notes) wrote on his Twitter feed, “Congrats to Hue Jackson … This is gonna be a great ride!!!”

And Hellraider...I agree on the DC....we have all seen outstanding jobs in game planning over the past few years on the def side of the ball (KC, SD, and Pittsburgh, Cinnci, Philly last year) and then see utter disasters as well like Pittsburgh this year.  This has been the case with Marshall, Ryan, and on and on.  Al wants the base 4 with man coverage 90% of the time...period.  Seems like when our coaches get creative...he says "that's enough of that" I dunno.  On the bright side...we have the best front 4 we've had in a while :/

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2011, 08:20:42 AM »
Well hopefully we do get Saunders now after hiring Hue, I remember Saunders from when he was here with the Cheifs in my hometown under Dick Vermil and that explosive offense at that time, and he loves the run game. Hopefully he can bring the same to us, but we gotta get him here. Im not that even worried about he OC tho. Does anyone have the list of DC's that are available?? I havent heard of one good person available.
What is the point of a defensive coordinator.......................?   If Al does not like the gameplan he will change it...........................................it goes like this......................no blitzing.................all man-all the time...................................now run that over and over and over again!

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2011, 08:18:04 AM »
Well hopefully we do get Saunders now after hiring Hue, I remember Saunders from when he was here with the Chiefs in my hometown under Dick Vermeil and that explosive offense at that time, and he loves the run game. Hopefully he can bring the same to us, but we gotta get him here. I'm not that even worried about he OC tho. Does anyone have the list of DC's that are available?? I haven't heard of one good person available.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:31:05 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2011, 08:17:14 AM »
You have got to be kidding.....?....what the hell has this guy done since 1983 ...............and im being honest.....and I dont need someone to question my fanhood.....he has run off the best coach this team had since Flores, being Gruden ...........and there is no relief of a great coach in sight ever again in my mind.............. ???  he has not shown the ability to make this once great franchise great again.....and i would like to know what sign of bringing this team to a winning formula again would be evident after he has most likely pissed off every great player who is a free agent this offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al has a tendancy of producing great young football minds, losing Gruden was a shame... But it was bound to happen.

The way I see it is these young fresh minds looking to break into the HC land will always bite at the opportunity to work with the worlds most respected football mind. We've had Shannahan & Chucky who were holding clipboards in  there diapers & then went on to win superbowls... The way that I see it is sometimes the younger pupils think they've outdone there zen master and look to go on it by there own.

There's a reason i love the raiders and it revolves around Al's Philosiphy... We play a running game with vertical passing (& none of this QB stat padding WC offense... we play strictly man to man which in my eyes in the pentultimate football battle one athlete vs another & I love the Raiders because of the offseason theatrics (the good and the bad)

All i'm saying is if you have not figured out how this ship is run by now and your not liking the Raiders then the Steeler, Patriot, Niner or Cheesehead Nation will always accept you with open arms... But FUCK!!! Anyone who wants to whinge about Al Davis is probably a person who smokes weed for the taste but doesn't like to get fucking high in the process.

I will forever be mounted on Al Davis jockstrap and if you don't like it then you can suck mine and AD dicks

No thanx.....................................I prefer boobs in my mouth.......preferably ones with implants....... :D....If you want to ride that Al pogo dick then that is fine with me.......but dont get upset  at  those of us who just get tired of it......any other franchise who has won superbowls in the  last 20 years has stability at the top........ and stability with their coaches......none of which happen here in Oakland........ ??? 

RAIDERNATIONnATE

« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:44 AM »
we have to ride with AL Davis no matter what thats just the way its going to be fuck it GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2011, 04:08:22 AM »
You have got to be kidding.....?....what the hell has this guy done since 1983 ...............and im being honest.....and I dont need someone to question my fanhood.....he has run off the best coach this team had since Flores, being Gruden ...........and there is no relief of a great coach in sight ever again in my mind.............. ???  he has not shown the ability to make this once great franchise great again.....and i would like to know what sign of bringing this team to a winning formula again would be evident after he has most likely pissed off every great player who is a free agent this offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al has a tendancy of producing great young football minds, losing Gruden was a shame... But it was bound to happen.

The way I see it is these young fresh minds looking to break into the HC land will always bite at the opportunity to work with the worlds most respected football mind. We've had Shannahan & Chucky who were holding clipboards in  there diapers & then went on to win superbowls... The way that I see it is sometimes the younger pupils think they've outdone there zen master and look to go on it by there own.

There's a reason i love the raiders and it revolves around Al's Philosiphy... We play a running game with vertical passing (& none of this QB stat padding WC offense... we play strictly man to man which in my eyes in the pentultimate football battle one athlete vs another & I love the Raiders because of the offseason theatrics (the good and the bad)

All i'm saying is if you have not figured out how this ship is run by now and your not liking the Raiders then the Steeler, Patriot, Niner or Cheesehead Nation will always accept you with open arms... But FUCK!!! Anyone who wants to whinge about Al Davis is probably a person who smokes weed for the taste but doesn't like to get fucking high in the process.

I will forever be mounted on Al Davis jockstrap and if you don't like it then you can suck mine and AD dicks

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »
The funny thing is that us as Raider fans go through this kinda shit almost every fucking offseason.  We ALWAYS freak out about what free agents might walk, we complain about the free agents Al brings in, Raider Greg threatens to not renew his season tickets ;),  we fight about the coaching staff, we always say "FUCK AL", but then he throws massive $$$$$$$$ at someone we all want then we say Als not afraid to pay his guys he wants, and then the draft.

As we get closer to the draft, all the conversations go like this, "We should draft so and so" and then someone replies like this "What? We don't need so and so, Did you actually watch any Raider games last year? If you know anything about football you would know that we need to draft this kid out of (insert college name here)"  

And what's even funnier about all the shit we bicker about is, is the fact that I LOVE IT!!!!  Go Raiders!  Go ahead HELLRAIDER, bash Al all you want! Its all good!  We all know when the Raiders return to glory that we are all gonna be kissing Al's ass again!  I fucking love it!!! :D :D

You nailed it on the head RFUD!!!

We all lose our shit, then Al redeems himself & then we are all pumped for the season (pleased more times then we are disappointed)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2011, 11:31:50 PM »
Looks like Al always likes to have a backup plan waiting in the wings...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coaches/Al_Saunders.aspx

Here's an article recommending Saunders as Raiders OC last year!
http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/raiders/13558

and a current article mentioning Saunders as an OC possibilty now:
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/5900.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:59:10 PM by Randy »

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
HueJax must know what he's getting himself into. Al will be Al and will always have a say on operations/coaching! To think otherwise is asking for disaster! 1st off, Al Davis don't believe in rebuilding! HIS RAIDERS are always PLAY-OFF teams at least that's what he thinks! Hue must be in the same mindset as Al and in my opinion Hue can take this Raider team (given every one comes back) to the next level. I've always believed that the ticket to the play-offs lies in winning the division and its OUR (the Raiders) time as all of the AFC west are somewhat in dis-array. The past season was a BLUE MOON, sweeping the Div. and not going post-season (heck, the chickens did with a losing record). I believe Hue can equal/do better than the past season. Money has never been an object to Al, particularly to loyal Raiders guys, so I expect most of the guys back. Everything remains to be seen! Hopefully the Union and the Owners agree soon.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:57:00 PM by Randy »

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
The funny thing is that us as Raider fans go through this kinda shit almost every fucking offseason.  We ALWAYS freak out about what free agents might walk, we complain about the free agents Al brings in, Raider Greg threatens to not renew his season tickets ;),  we fight about the coaching staff, we always say "FUCK AL", but then he throws massive $$$$$$$$ at someone we all want then we say Als not afraid to pay his guys he wants, and then the draft.

As we get closer to the draft, all the conversations go like this, "We should draft so and so" and then someone replies like this "What? We don't need so and so, Did you actually watch any Raider games last year? If you know anything about football you would know that we need to draft this kid out of (insert college name here)"  

And what's even funnier about all the shit we bicker about is, is the fact that I LOVE IT!!!!  Go Raiders!  Go ahead HELLRAIDER, bash Al all you want! Its all good!  We all know when the Raiders return to glory that we are all gonna be kissing Al's ass again!  I fucking love it!!! :D :D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:54:11 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
I know a lot of you are life long fans but seriously STFU with the Al Davis bashing.

This is not some Business man like Paul Allen running the team. This is Al Motherfucking Davis. The godfather of football. He has every right to run his team into the ground (but i don't believe he is)

Cable was a bum... plain and simple. he screwed up by missing out on OTA days and should be punished accordingly.

You have got to be kidding.....?....what the hell has this guy done since 1983 ...............and im being honest.....and I dont need someone to question my fanhood.....he has run off the best coach this team had since Flores, being Gruden ...........and there is no relief of a great coach in sight ever again in my mind.............. ???  he has not shown the ability to make this once great franchise great again.....and i would like to know what sign of bringing this team to a winning formula again would be evident after he has most likely pissed off every great player who is a free agent this offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:44:14 PM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2011, 08:15:47 PM »
Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer reporting Hue Jackson has been named HC.  Not a surprise....what will be interesting is who will be named OC and DC.  They are also reporting that a possible OC candidate could be Al Saunders.  Is he still in football? We should be thankful that he wasn't running a bed an breakfast these past few years....lol

And yet another whipping boy, he better save some $ so he will have it for lawyer fees whenever he gets fired in the next 2-3 years.............................................what a fucking joke............... ???

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2011, 08:10:09 PM »
Here's the official announcement on Raiders.com

"Hue Jackson will formally be introduced as Head Coach of The Oakland Raiders tomorrow"
Press Conference will be at 1:15 pm, tomorrow, Tuesday per Raiders spokesperson John Hererra

a quote from Al Davis, "“The fire in Hue will set a flame that will burn for a long time in the hearts and minds of the Raider football team and the Raider Nation.”
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Oakland-Raiders-Name-Hue-Jackson-Head-Coach/98aa442b-8972-4bce-aa87-9db3be9b78a0

NFL Network Video:  
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc062b/article/raiders-pick-jackson-to-be-coach-after-offenses-success

Adam Schefter:  
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/news/story?id=6031671

Comcast SportsNet:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/17/11/Raiders-set-to-introduce-Jackson-as-new-/landing_raiders.html?blockID=392952&feedID=2801
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:03:16 AM by Randy »