Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 57978 times)

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
RaiderSilly also didn't mention Jason Campbell  :'( as a signed free agent.  The fact that crappy coaching couldn't take advantage of the free agent talent shouldn't fall totally on the free agents. 

Some were bust and shouldn't have been signed but that is in every organization. 
Moss was productive for the Pats
Dominic Rhodes helped out the colts
DeAngelo Hall is still ballin
Ashley Lelie sucked with the hos and should have never been in the league
Aaron Brooks had zero offensive line play
Frye, Losman and Boller were signed as backups. 

Al has always taken a chance with the unwanted, outcast and castoffs

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »
It's official now, not just a rumor:

http://www.raiders.com/team/coaches.html

So are we still missing a DC or is Ross taking that position?

Looks like we might Bresnahan get  back:

"Former Raiders assistant Chuck Bresnahan and Jaguars defensive line coach Joe Cullen have "surfaced" as candidates for Oakland's defensive coordinator vacancy."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=843&line=199377&spln=1

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2011, 09:31:37 AM »

So are we still missing a DC or is Ross taking that position?

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2011, 09:02:06 AM »
Why the panic RNP.  The superbowl (for that matter the probowl) hasn't been played yet and fans are freaking out.  If players want to leave, let them go and get better players.  No one is irreplaceable.  There is no CBA, the draft hasn't arrived yet.  Be patient and see what the Raiders will be the next time there is a season.

I love how you act as though quality, and I stress the word QUALITY free agents are just clamoring to be an Oakland Raider. History has proven that not to be the case. I proved it to you once before. But you may have missed it so I will show you again.

Here are some of the many free agents that have come to Oakland since the days of Chucky. Randy Moss, Aaron Brooks, DeAngelo Hall, Lamont Jordan, Kerry Collins, Ray Buchanan, Ted Washington, Warren Sapp, Amos Zereoue, Edward Jasper, Dominic Rhodes, Gerard Warren, Jeremy Newberry, Tim Dwight, Javon Walker, Ashley Lelie, Gibril Wilson, Charlie Frye, J.P. Losman, and Kyle Boller, to name a few.

Wow Raidersully... Great effort in proving millernation wrong when you dig deep into the record books about digging up free agents name.

All i see is a bunch of names from the 2003-2009 circa when we were a bad team and a bunch of players who were lining up for a 2nd chance & not lining up for a chance for a ring. (why don't you mention guys like Ted Hendricks and Jerry Rice who signed up to play with the raiders????)

If we'd been the same 5-11 team in 2010 then i would of got on your negative train of thought, but a 8-8 team with a 6 win zero loss in the division... well that screams of a team where a quality free agent is going to go... "hmm i might just put these Raiders over the top"

Al's never had a problem with twisting a guys arm and paying them coin... So money won't be an issue. Just look at Julius Peppers and what franchise he went too.. it was the 2009 bears whom didn't even make the playoffs. Why'd he go there? to work with Lovie Smith and Urlacher. I think this scenario in 2010 will be similar where one more good player will lead to this raiders team having a chance to compete for the 2012 AFC Championship.

Obviously my fingers are crossed that Nnamdi, Seymour, Zach Miller and Michael Bush all stick around to build on the great work Hue Jackson has done for us.

I agree, after this season, I truly believe we have the opportunity to land some quality free agents. 

Hue has some connections with past players on teams he has coached and the addition of Saunders might sway some guys on the offensive side of the ball to come over to Oakland.  We can only hope.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2011, 08:03:50 AM »
Why the panic RNP.  The superbowl (for that matter the probowl) hasn't been played yet and fans are freaking out.  If players want to leave, let them go and get better players.  No one is irreplaceable.  There is no CBA, the draft hasn't arrived yet.  Be patient and see what the Raiders will be the next time there is a season.

I love how you act as though quality, and I stress the word QUALITY free agents are just clamoring to be an Oakland Raider. History has proven that not to be the case. I proved it to you once before. But you may have missed it so I will show you again.

Here are some of the many free agents that have come to Oakland since the days of Chucky. Randy Moss, Aaron Brooks, DeAngelo Hall, Lamont Jordan, Kerry Collins, Ray Buchanan, Ted Washington, Warren Sapp, Amos Zereoue, Edward Jasper, Dominic Rhodes, Gerard Warren, Jeremy Newberry, Tim Dwight, Javon Walker, Ashley Lelie, Gibril Wilson, Charlie Frye, J.P. Losman, and Kyle Boller, to name a few.

These are a bunch of has been, never was, and old washed up free agents the Raiders have had over the past few seasons. All showed up, cashed Al's checks and were either dropped and never heard from again, retired, or remain on the current roster. These are the types of free agents we have been attracting as of late. With the exception of Samson Satele, Richard Seymour, and maybe Tommy Kelly (jury is still out) being free agents that panned out.

No stability does not bring in good free agents. It brings in the list I posted. And last time I checked none of those players had winning seasons with the Raiders. So stop acting as though the quality players we may lose are so easily replaceable. I understand optimism. But you have your head buried in the sand.

I wouldn't include Sapp in this list...he played hard for us.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:28 AM »

raidersully

« Reply #332 on: January 25, 2011, 10:53:41 PM »
Wow Raidersully... Great effort in proving millernation wrong when you dig deep into the record books about digging up free agents name.

All i see is a bunch of names from the 2003-2009 circa when we were a bad team and a bunch of players who were lining up for a 2nd chance & not lining up for a chance for a ring. (why don't you mention guys like Ted Hendricks and Jerry Rice who signed up to play with the raiders????)

If we'd been the same 5-11 team in 2010 then i would of got on your negative train of thought, but a 8-8 team with a 6 win zero loss in the division... well that screams of a team where a quality free agent is going to go... "hmm i might just put these Raiders over the top"

Al's never had a problem with twisting a guys arm and paying them coin... So money won't be an issue. Just look at Julius Peppers and what franchise he went too.. it was the 2009 bears whom didn't even make the playoffs. Why'd he go there? to work with Lovie Smith and Urlacher. I think this scenario in 2010 will be similar where one more good player will lead to this raiders team having a chance to compete for the 2012 AFC Championship.

Obviously my fingers are crossed that Nnamdi, Seymour, Zach Miller and Michael Bush all stick around to build on the great work Hue Jackson has done for us.

I didn't mention Hedricks and Rice for the same reason I didn't mention Alzado or Plunkett. Because neither played for this team in the recent history of the Raiders. What I proved that was when this franchise is in flux(no GM, no stability at the coaching position and so on) these are the free agents we attracted. If you choose to keep living in the past as Al does be my guest. But recent history proves my point.

As for the team this year. You may be right. Player may see this as a team on the cusp of doing great things. But since we have not show consistency over many seasons, they may think otherwise. But I hope you are right and they do come for the reasons you said.

Julius Peepers went to the Bears because they were paying big. His first choice was New England. But they pay no one more than Brady. So he took the Bears offer. A team that a QB ready to go (Cuntler), a proven HC, a proven OC (Martz), a solid defense, and a team that was four years removed from the Super Bowl. Big difference compared to a team that had it's first winning season in the last seven seasons.

Time will tell though, and as I have said many times before. I hope that you and Millernation are right and I proved wrong by the great free agents that come to Oakland. But history has proven me right so far.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »

raidersully

« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2011, 08:57:22 PM »
And here my no nothing self thought Randy Moss was TRADED to the raiders instead of being a free agent signing.  U know it all RaiderSilly, U know it all

You're right. One name nullifies a list of 20 other names. Way to dodge the question Millernation. Having a hard time admitting when you are proved wrong I see.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #329 on: January 25, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »
And here my no nothing self thought Randy Moss was TRADED to the raiders instead of being a free agent signing.  U know it all RaiderSilly, U know it all

raidersully

« Reply #328 on: January 25, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »

These are a bunch of has been, never was, and old washed up free agents the Raiders have had over the past few seasons. All showed up, cashed Al's checks and were either dropped and never heard from again, retired, or remain on the current roster. These are the types of free agents we have been attracting as of late. With the exception of Samson Satele, Richard Seymour, and maybe Tommy Kelly (jury is still out) being free agents that panned out.

No stability does not bring in good free agents. It brings in the list I posted. And last time I checked none of those players had winning seasons with the Raiders. So stop acting as though the quality players we may lose are so easily replaceable. I understand optimism. But you have your head buried in the sand.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #327 on: January 25, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:22:51 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderRay

• Hall Of Famer
  • Proud member of the ONLY Nation, the Raider Nation
« Reply #326 on: January 25, 2011, 02:09:56 AM »

I know to some it may not be a big deal, but I think it's a bit strange for Hue to say he "knows" the players but he can't seem to remember their fucking names!
 He referred to Chaz "Schillings" last week and at his big press conference/zoo
 he referred to "Reynaldo" McClain.....does anybody else notice this shit?
 Actually I've rarely heard anyone get Schillens correct.
I always thought that was weird myself...............but I agree, most likely nerves...................if he can persuade these free agents to come back then he will have already accomplished a ton in my book!

I agree 100%!  I just doubt that it will be Jackson that persuades the MUCH NEEDED free agents to stay onboard. If history repeats itself, it will depend on how many zeros Al Davis decides to add on the end of their contracts.  If Jackson is the man does manage to convince them to stay, he can call all of them, "Sweetcakes!"  As long as the team is kicking ass, I don't care...  8)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #325 on: January 25, 2011, 01:46:56 AM »
The rumor that Al Saunders had already been hired came from Adam Schefter four days ago. We all know that Al Davis refers to Adam as a "false rumor monger". I wonder who Adam's mole is within the raiders organization? Or maybe his info came from Al Saunders' people. Who knows?

Al....let's have another press conference! At least call the Boneline!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »

I know to some it may not be a big deal, but I think it's a bit strange for Hue to say he "knows" the players but he can't seem to remember their fucking names!
I always thought that was weird myself...............but I agree, most likely nerves...................if he can persuade these free agents to come back then he will have already accomplished a ton in my book!

raidersully

« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »

Most likely nerves if anything. If he can get them to do better than last year. He can call them anything he damn well pleases as far as I am concerned.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2011, 04:23:36 PM »
Bill Cosby's father use to always call him Jesus Christ and his brother damn-it

Offline Wu-Tang Hokie Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »

i wouldnt stress too hard over this...it happens...my own dad gets my name wrong sometimes...not a big deal...its not like he said was too far off...easy to slip up on a name like schillens and rolando...

potaytos patahtos
Stuck to your ass like a Victoria's Secret wedgie...

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #320 on: January 24, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »

Raider Bob from Knoxville

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »
It looked like it was a done deal back in 2005:

Sean Payton Reportedly to Become Raiders' New Coach

Al Davis has a history of not hiring high-profile coaches. Apparently, that trend will continue.

The Dallas Morning News reported on its web site Tuesday night that the Oakland Raiders will make Dallas Cowboys assistant Sean Payton their next coach.

According to the newspaper, Payton is expected to sign a four-year, $1.3 million contract. He spent much of Sunday and Monday interviewing with Davis, the Raiders' renegade owner.

Payton, 40, would become the NFL's youngest head coach. If wide receiver Jerry Rice returns to the club, he would be a year older than Payton.

The hiring also would complete a remarkable career rehabilitation for Payton, who as New York Giants offensive coordinator was stripped of his play-calling duties midway through the 2002 season.

This season, Payton was on Bill Parcells' staff with the Cowboys, overseeing the team's passing game while working with quarterbacks.

Hiring a relative unknown is nothing new for Davis. In 1998, he made Jon Gruden the youngest coach in NFL history at 34.

Gruden went 40-28 in four seasons and led the Raiders to an appearance in the AFC championship game before leaving over differences with Davis following the 2001 season.

In Oakland, Payton would replace Bill Callahan, who was fired one season after leading the Raiders to their first Super Bowl appearance since 1984.

In 2003, the Raiders went 4-12 and tied for last place in the AFC West. Callahan also drew the wrath of many of his veteran players for his unapproachable attitude.

With the Raiders, Payton would inherit one of the NFL's oldest teams and a club that is expected to have major salary cap problems. Oakland owns the second pick in April's draft.

Source: AP

then this happened: (note that the Raiders were going to go after Rex Ryan as an assistant under Peyton....he could have been a backup plan for Peyton if he didn't work out)

Sean Payton Will Not Be The Next Raiders' Head Coach

In a situation so bizarre it could only involve the Oakland Raiders, the agreement in principle with Sean Payton to become the franchise's next head coach has broken apart, and he will remain with the Dallas Cowboys as their assistant head coach.

ESPN.com reported Tuesday night that the two sides had struck an agreement on a four-year contract. Other published reports contended that Payton had not yet been presented the parameters of a contract.

In a Wednesday evening news conference with Bay Area reporters, Oakland owner Al Davis insisted the team had not settled on new coach to succeed the deposed Bill Callahan.

Typical of the Raiders, team officials on Tuesday were phoning Dallas-area newspapers, which also reported an agreement had been reached, in attempts to find out the sources of those stories.

But the Raiders apparently were so comfortable they had a deal, ESPN.com learned, that they began contacting assistant coaches from other teams -- including Baltimore defensive line coach Rex Ryan -- about interviewing for jobs on Payton's staff. And Dallas offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon, who also interviewed with Davis, acknowledged Tuesday night that Payton had won the job.

A source close to Payton told ESPN.com Wednesday night that it "probably isn't prudent to discuss (the situation) right now, because it is in such flux. ... But the bottom line was that there were things in the contract that Sean couldn't live with."

From interviews with several people involved in negotiations, it appears Payton backed away from the deal. Why? Several reasons:

Differences over issues of control, including staffing and personnel.

Reluctance to uproot his family for the second time in a year.

The feeling that it was neither the right time -- nor the Raiders the right team -- for Payton to begin his NFL head coaching career.

The skills of persuasion possessed by Dallas owner Jerry Jones and coach Bill Parcells.

It is believed both Jones and Parcells spoke at length with Payton on Wednesday about the positives and negatives of the Raiders job. Unlike defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who received a considerable salary increase when he rejected an offer to become head coach at the University of Nebraska two weeks ago, Payton did not have his current contract with the Cowboys upgraded.

The Raiders job would have capped a remarkable career turnaround for Payton. Less than two years ago, the then-offensive coordinator for the New York Giants was stripped of his play-calling duties by coach Jim Fassel.

Davis fired Callahan earlier this month after two seasons and a 17-18 record. The Raiders played in last season's Super Bowl, but Callahan came under fire this year from many veteran players who wanted him removed. Indeed, Callahan was, after a 4-12 season. He was hired last week as the new head coach at the University of Nebraska.

League sources emphasized Tuesday evening that Payton, who this season was the assistant head coach to Parcells, had yet to sign a contract and that there still were issues to be resolved. "Remember who [Payton] is dealing with here," said a league source, referring to Davis.

That cautionary note proved prophetic.

Payton, 40, would have become the NFL's youngest head coach. The seven-year league veteran is about four months younger than Bucs coach Jon Gruden (Callahan's predecessor in Oakland) and about eight months younger than Jacksonville's Jack Del Rio.

Payton is believed to be the only candidate among those known to have interviewed with Davis who was called back a second time to meet with him. Payton met much of the day Monday, and also part of Tuesday, with Davis and Oakland officials.

Beyond Payton, Davis also interviewed Kansas City offensive coordinator Al Saunders by phone; met in person with Dennis Green, who recently was named coach of the Arizona Cardinals; interviewed Carthon; and interviewed Greg Knapp, then the 49ers offensive coordinator. Knapp subsequently was named the new offensive coordinator in Atlanta.

Wouldn't that have been an interesting hire?

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2011, 01:40:46 AM »
It looked like it was a done deal back in 2005:

Sean Payton Reportedly to Become Raiders' New Coach

Al Davis has a history of not hiring high-profile coaches. Apparently, that trend will continue.

The Dallas Morning News reported on its web site Tuesday night that the Oakland Raiders will make Dallas Cowboys assistant Sean Payton their next coach.

According to the newspaper, Payton is expected to sign a four-year, $1.3 million contract. He spent much of Sunday and Monday interviewing with Davis, the Raiders' renegade owner.

Payton, 40, would become the NFL's youngest head coach. If wide receiver Jerry Rice returns to the club, he would be a year older than Payton.

The hiring also would complete a remarkable career rehabilitation for Payton, who as New York Giants offensive coordinator was stripped of his play-calling duties midway through the 2002 season.

This season, Payton was on Bill Parcells' staff with the Cowboys, overseeing the team's passing game while working with quarterbacks.

Hiring a relative unknown is nothing new for Davis. In 1998, he made Jon Gruden the youngest coach in NFL history at 34.

Gruden went 40-28 in four seasons and led the Raiders to an appearance in the AFC championship game before leaving over differences with Davis following the 2001 season.

In Oakland, Payton would replace Bill Callahan, who was fired one season after leading the Raiders to their first Super Bowl appearance since 1984.

In 2003, the Raiders went 4-12 and tied for last place in the AFC West. Callahan also drew the wrath of many of his veteran players for his unapproachable attitude.

With the Raiders, Payton would inherit one of the NFL's oldest teams and a club that is expected to have major salary cap problems. Oakland owns the second pick in April's draft.

Source: AP

then this happened: (note that the Raiders were going to go after Rex Ryan as an assistant under Peyton....he could have been a backup plan for Peyton if he didn't work out)

Sean Payton Will Not Be The Next Raiders' Head Coach

In a situation so bizarre it could only involve the Oakland Raiders, the agreement in principle with Sean Payton to become the franchise's next head coach has broken apart, and he will remain with the Dallas Cowboys as their assistant head coach.

ESPN.com reported Tuesday night that the two sides had struck an agreement on a four-year contract. Other published reports contended that Payton had not yet been presented the parameters of a contract.

In a Wednesday evening news conference with Bay Area reporters, Oakland owner Al Davis insisted the team had not settled on new coach to succeed the deposed Bill Callahan.

Typical of the Raiders, team officials on Tuesday were phoning Dallas-area newspapers, which also reported an agreement had been reached, in attempts to find out the sources of those stories.

But the Raiders apparently were so comfortable they had a deal, ESPN.com learned, that they began contacting assistant coaches from other teams -- including Baltimore defensive line coach Rex Ryan -- about interviewing for jobs on Payton's staff. And Dallas offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon, who also interviewed with Davis, acknowledged Tuesday night that Payton had won the job.

A source close to Payton told ESPN.com Wednesday night that it "probably isn't prudent to discuss (the situation) right now, because it is in such flux. ... But the bottom line was that there were things in the contract that Sean couldn't live with."

From interviews with several people involved in negotiations, it appears Payton backed away from the deal. Why? Several reasons:

Differences over issues of control, including staffing and personnel.

Reluctance to uproot his family for the second time in a year.

The feeling that it was neither the right time -- nor the Raiders the right team -- for Payton to begin his NFL head coaching career.

The skills of persuasion possessed by Dallas owner Jerry Jones and coach Bill Parcells.

It is believed both Jones and Parcells spoke at length with Payton on Wednesday about the positives and negatives of the Raiders job. Unlike defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who received a considerable salary increase when he rejected an offer to become head coach at the University of Nebraska two weeks ago, Payton did not have his current contract with the Cowboys upgraded.

The Raiders job would have capped a remarkable career turnaround for Payton. Less than two years ago, the then-offensive coordinator for the New York Giants was stripped of his play-calling duties by coach Jim Fassel.

Davis fired Callahan earlier this month after two seasons and a 17-18 record. The Raiders played in last season's Super Bowl, but Callahan came under fire this year from many veteran players who wanted him removed. Indeed, Callahan was, after a 4-12 season. He was hired last week as the new head coach at the University of Nebraska.

League sources emphasized Tuesday evening that Payton, who this season was the assistant head coach to Parcells, had yet to sign a contract and that there still were issues to be resolved. "Remember who [Payton] is dealing with here," said a league source, referring to Davis.

That cautionary note proved prophetic.

Payton, 40, would have become the NFL's youngest head coach. The seven-year league veteran is about four months younger than Bucs coach Jon Gruden (Callahan's predecessor in Oakland) and about eight months younger than Jacksonville's Jack Del Rio.

Payton is believed to be the only candidate among those known to have interviewed with Davis who was called back a second time to meet with him. Payton met much of the day Monday, and also part of Tuesday, with Davis and Oakland officials.

Beyond Payton, Davis also interviewed Kansas City offensive coordinator Al Saunders by phone; met in person with Dennis Green, who recently was named coach of the Arizona Cardinals; interviewed Carthon; and interviewed Greg Knapp, then the 49ers offensive coordinator. Knapp subsequently was named the new offensive coordinator in Atlanta.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:50:20 AM by Randy »

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #317 on: January 21, 2011, 07:36:48 PM »
I wouldn't say all those qb's were shitty.  I think it was more of the o-line blocking was shitty which it has been for years.  There will always be someone better coming along.  

Russell was shitty...nightmatishly shitty...that fool sipped one too many purple dranks
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:20:35 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #315 on: January 21, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
Mike Waufle...perfect choice for Raiders defensive coordinator?

http://tfdssports.com/2011-articles/january/mike-waufle-the-perfect-choice-for-dc.html
I dont know how well any coordinator is really going to do if Al calls the gameplan..............................

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #314 on: January 21, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
Mike Waufle...perfect choice for Raiders defensive coordinator?

http://tfdssports.com/2011-articles/january/mike-waufle-the-perfect-choice-for-dc.html

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »
I wouldn't say all those qb's were shitty.  I think it was more of the o-line blocking was shitty which it has been for years.  There will always be someone better coming along. 

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
We officially have our OC....

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/01/20/espn-saunders-is-raiders-oc/
Seems like a good hire to me..........................we gotta bring back the boys from last year..............I cannot stress this enough!

My thoughts exactly.  Good hire, just look at some his powerhouse offensive stats in KC...
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #311 on: January 21, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »
I am torn on this one.

There is no denying Shane's ability, let's get that out first and foremost.

Is he worth as much as we pay him?  Probably not.

If means keeping some of our prized FAs....he might have to go.

In regards to loyalty, Lechler should have some. He is paid ridiculously well.  Don't come out and badmouth the organization. Just tell your agent you've had it and tell him you want out...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:24:51 PM by Randy »
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #310 on: January 21, 2011, 08:57:32 AM »
O Shit, the punter is unhappy,

true that...who gives a fuck about the punters comfort level

a great punter, sure...but overpaid and not worth it...how many games has he won us?

Very true, He's benefieted from being on woeful Defenses between 2002-2009!!! Quarterbacks like Kerry Collins, Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks & Jamarcus Russell being Quarterbacks that are notorious for 3rd & out & Drive Killers.

The reason why Shane Lechler and Andy Lee were constant probowlers is they had so many ingame practice

He might even worth be cutting... Least Jason Campbell is compotent to get us into Field Goal and Redzone action!

Ok...I can see you not liking his comments or feelings towards yet another fucking coach.  But to question Lechler's ability is just assinine.  Shane is probably right behind guy (if he hasn't passed him) as the greatest punter....ever....period....end of story.

Yes greatest ever...

But do we need him? You don't see the correlation that bad quarterbacks = punters looking like the star of the show.

Our Offense is going to be crazy good... Shane Lechler has the easiest job in Hawaii... In those probowl games the punters might only kick the ball 1 or 2 times cause the teams are being led down the field by your Mannings, Brees and Bradys.

I'm not saying Lechler is a bad bloke, & my feelings towards his comments were like taking it with a grain of salt, because league wide the life of a punter is like someone who'd shine shoes back in the Industrial Revolution.. Who cares? he might be a nice bloke and captain. But like Wu-Tang Hokie pointed out when was the last time you won us a football game? Dudes entitled to a opinion. But he certainly doesn't talk on behalf of the whole team. Like Hue said he probably had 20 phone calls and txt messages from the players on the morning of his HC announcement saying there excited for 2011.

Oh I see the correlation and I don't disagree with anything you said in the last post.  But saying the only reason he made all those probowls was because we had shit QB's, defenses, etc. is crazy....he made those probowls because he is fucking good.  I'm not sure I would pay him what he makes....but to question his ability is wrong in my opinion.

Ok sorry i must of typed it wrong. I said he had the chance to become a good punter because he had all those opportunities to kick in game scenarios.

Just look at the life of a punter during training camp... Do they kick a lot of balls? Or are the Raiders so paranoid about Lechler/Janikowski getting injured during the preseason that they shelf them until game 3 of the preseason as to not increase there likelyhood of injuries.

I agree.. BEST PUNTER in the game & the Net Average Stat is all time leading... But I want to cut him cause a) we could buy a really special player with 4 million extra funds which is tied up in our punter (Janikowski is worth every penny. & b) I'm hurt that LEchler spoke the truth about Al getting rid of Cable.. Al paid him handsomely and Lechler gets pissed and runs to the media? I'm sure things will smooth over with those 2. maybe Lechler over-reacted? He'd be best to keep his mouth shut and say the right things at training camp to keep earning 8 million over 2 years!!

I think it will pass and he will be back.  And honestly...with our track record of picking up free agents, I'd just assume keep him as take the risk on who Al gambles on :P

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2011, 08:50:47 AM »

a great punter, sure...but overpaid and not worth it...how many games has he won us?

Very true, He's benefieted from being on woeful Defenses between 2002-2009!!! Quarterbacks like Kerry Collins, Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks & Jamarcus Russell being Quarterbacks that are notorious for 3rd & out & Drive Killers.

The reason why Shane Lechler and Andy Lee were constant probowlers is they had so many ingame practice

He might even worth be cutting... Least Jason Campbell is compotent to get us into Field Goal and Redzone action!

Ok...I can see you not liking his comments or feelings towards yet another fucking coach.  But to question Lechler's ability is just assinine.  Shane is probably right behind guy (if he hasn't passed him) as the greatest punter....ever....period....end of story.

Yes greatest ever...

But do we need him? You don't see the correlation that bad quarterbacks = punters looking like the star of the show.

Our Offense is going to be crazy good... Shane Lechler has the easiest job in Hawaii... In those probowl games the punters might only kick the ball 1 or 2 times cause the teams are being led down the field by your Mannings, Brees and Bradys.

I'm not saying Lechler is a bad bloke, & my feelings towards his comments were like taking it with a grain of salt, because league wide the life of a punter is like someone who'd shine shoes back in the Industrial Revolution.. Who cares? he might be a nice bloke and captain. But like Wu-Tang Hokie pointed out when was the last time you won us a football game? Dudes entitled to a opinion. But he certainly doesn't talk on behalf of the whole team. Like Hue said he probably had 20 phone calls and txt messages from the players on the morning of his HC announcement saying there excited for 2011.

Oh I see the correlation and I don't disagree with anything you said in the last post.  But saying the only reason he made all those probowls was because we had shit QB's, defenses, etc. is crazy....he made those probowls because he is fucking good.  I'm not sure I would pay him what he makes....but to question his ability is wrong in my opinion.

Ok sorry i must of typed it wrong. I said he had the chance to become a good punter because he had all those opportunities to kick in game scenarios.

Just look at the life of a punter during training camp... Do they kick a lot of balls? Or are the Raiders so paranoid about Lechler/Janikowski getting injured during the preseason that they shelf them until game 3 of the preseason as to not increase there likelyhood of injuries.

I agree.. BEST PUNTER in the game & the Net Average Stat is all time leading... But I want to cut him cause a) we could buy a really special player with 4 million extra funds which is tied up in our punter (Janikowski is worth every penny. & b) I'm hurt that LEchler spoke the truth about Al getting rid of Cable.. Al paid him handsomely and Lechler gets pissed and runs to the media? I'm sure things will smooth over with those 2. maybe Lechler over-reacted? He'd be best to keep his mouth shut and say the right things at training camp to keep earning 8 million over 2 years!!

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2011, 08:45:22 AM »

Yes greatest ever...

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #307 on: January 21, 2011, 08:17:09 AM »

Yes greatest ever...

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #306 on: January 21, 2011, 07:22:56 AM »

Ok...I can see you not liking his comments or feelings towards yet another fucking coach.  But to question Lechler's ability is just assinine.  Shane is probably right behind guy (if he hasn't passed him) as the greatest punter....ever....period....end of story.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #305 on: January 21, 2011, 06:52:36 AM »

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2011, 02:14:28 AM »

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2011, 02:10:41 AM »
the website has john marshall as our DC...when does he officially get let go? or has it just been miss-reported that he is NOT the DC anymore?

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2011, 01:58:38 AM »
hue giass and colonel saunders. the two seem to go together.

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2011, 12:08:55 AM »
CHUCK - FUKEN - CECIL!!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2011, 11:16:15 PM »
We officially have our OC....

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/01/20/espn-saunders-is-raiders-oc/
Seems like a good hire to me..........................we gotta bring back the boys from last year..............I cannot stress this enough!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #299 on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #298 on: January 20, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »

TNBlueRaider

« Reply #297 on: January 20, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »
All I'm pointing out is this isn't the Oakland Raiders dudes! it hasn't been for awhile we are living in the past. It is now Al Davis's personal chess board and he has forgotten how to play chess. Remember all the things we said were a problem before and how we said they were playing for Cable, well none of the problems have changed: still no GM, ass kissing front office, new head coach after best season in years (remember Gruden anyone), no explanation for any of the coaches he fires except Al doesn't like them and shows not class while doing it, former players unhappy (Gannon), current players unhappy (Lechler) All I'm saying is we are taking steps back not forward if this is not true, Please gives me some positives! and no adding a new head coach to make it 7 in the past 10 years is not a positive for me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:03:39 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »

2)Al Davis throwing Cable under the bus.  Why do that? What purpose did that serve? Is this what is going to happen in the future for all coaches who are let go? Do you think that's going to entice future coaches to want to work for him? I don't see that as vehicle to attract strongest and brightest coaches, coordinators etc...This is what I thought was embarrassing.

But if you back it up a bit, Al stood by Tom Cable when he could've fired him for cause at the start of last season.

Randy Hanson got hit, accusations flew that Cable was a wife beater... that pissed off a lot of people and more people hated the organization for it. Al probably let Cable stick around because he knew he'd get ripped in the media for making a bad HC hire. Cable definitely redeemed himself with flashes of promises in 2009 and then a underachieving season in 2010 (to only get 3 more wins when you fire Russell, get a draft class that is perfect & have a Offensive Coordinator after whining about being stretched thinned)

Al stood by Cable during his tenure here, but at the end of the day. Cable was a bad man & you can tell Al is a man with great morals about respecting women and your work colleagues. (Do you remember the stories about Hanson being a person Al Davis saw great promise in, to fire your snitch because he was Cable enemy... I guess that took a lot of effort for Al to do)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:53:57 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »
Chuck Pagano says, "'two-year sentence' in Oakland was enough"

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/blogs/sports/ravens/ravens-chuck-pagano-says-two-year-sentence-in-oakland-was/article_ca8f7102-2409-11e0-835f-001cc4c03286.html

Humm...Nice....I would guess we'll be promoting within our new DC? I wonder if google has this same problem....

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »
I in no way shape or form think Al Davis ever embarrasses himself.. Did you see when Kwakami asked him that raider hating question about the revolving door for head coaches at Alamaeda? he never blamed the coaches but took full responsibility for saying that he didn't give the coaches enough good players to win.
I just don't think anyone should be embarrassed about Al Davis, if you want your regular cut of the mill CEO who turns up 9-5 and takes home a pay cheque then a team like Seattle would be better suited to you. But if you want one of those fun and theatrical CEO'S like at Google who have comfy couches, yoga classes in the middle of the floor and still blow out of the water in terms of sales and quarterly
In all honesty.. The media will continue to ask Questions at these press conferences that other GM's wouldn't answer.. I respect and love Al Davis when he tells the truth and nothing but the Truth! Al is a great man!
I watched two press conferences.  1) Being the introduction of Hue Jackson and Al Davis giving the state of affairs. Al answered all the tough questions, he was forthright and took responsibility for some of the past failures (coaches, players etc..). Both Hue and Al were upbeat and gave a positive outlook for the future and was committed to putting a better product on the field.  As a fan I loved it.  How could you not?

2)Al Davis throwing Cable under the bus.  Why do that? What purpose did that serve? Is this what is going to happen in the future for all coaches who are let go? Do you think that's going to entice future coaches to want to work for him? I don't see that as vehicle to attract strongest and brightest coaches, coordinators etc...This is what I thought was embarrassing.

Just my opinion and didn't think he needed to go to that level.  Cable was on sirus/XM radio....and chose to high road night...classy.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
No doubt.  I am sick of all these fucking doomsday purveyors on this site.  You'd think we were the fucking Carolina Panthers.  They are plenty of crybaby bitch Pats and Giants out here by me, they'd be glad to take you whiners.  Come on guys, we are the fucking RAIDER NATION and our team is the OAKLAND RAIDERS!

I am all for people to speak their minds and complain if need be but when we have success...SHUT YOUR FUCKING TRAPS.  Cuz all you idiots did was bitch about how we'll get torched by Rivers or blasted by KC, etc etc.  I could go on and on.  Every game RNPers post how we are going to get killed but then bask in victory. 

It's a forum...so I'll say what I want. There's nothing wrong with wanting and expecting the best.  My excitement is tempered...it's that time of year....you know...another year another coach  AGAIN...What success are you referring  to? The 8-8 season? It wasn't good enough for Al. Speaking of.....i should tell you to "SHUT YOUR FUCKING TRAP" for calling his press conference "EXCELLENT!" Really? What part was excellent? The 15 minutes introducing Hue or the 45 minutes of him embarrassing himself on tv. C'MON MAN <<<---espn voice

You're absolutely right.  It is a forum.

I guess those fans who simply say "Hue sucks and the Raiders will be horrible" just annoy me to no end. 

The last thing I want to be on here is a d-bag.  I just was in a pissed off mood reading some of these comments and wonder where the hell is the "believing" in our team?!

However, I do believe that the press conference was "excellent."  You know that the reporters love to get Al going and he loves the spotlight.  They all do.  One needs to look no further than Brett Favre or remember watching Michael Jordan in a Washington Wizards uniform.  I do not feel he embarrassed himself.  He did get some figures wrong, as we never went “5 and 13.”

There have been a few posts that insinuate Al is an old, pathetic man and so on and so forth.  If it is really true that he orchestrated this last draft class...is he really that senile???

I look at Al like this, he spent his entire life working to get where he is.  I wouldn't want to relinquish it either!!!

It's like telling one of your parents, "Well Pop, it's that time.  You've had a nice run but now it's time to go the old-age home."  I can speak for my Dad to say that there's no fucking way.

Didn't mean to offend anyone or question anyone’s “fandom.”   I apologize if I did.

- George Orwell

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »
Chuck Pagano says, "'two-year sentence' in Oakland was enough"

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/blogs/sports/ravens/ravens-chuck-pagano-says-two-year-sentence-in-oakland-was/article_ca8f7102-2409-11e0-835f-001cc4c03286.html

Screw Pagano! Mofo didnt do Jack-Shit when he was here! Thanks for burning the bridge, Chuck..now stay the hell away!

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
No doubt.  I am sick of all these fucking doomsday purveyors on this site.  You'd think we were the fucking Carolina Panthers.  They are plenty of crybaby bitch Pats and Giants out here by me, they'd be glad to take you whiners.  Come on guys, we are the fucking RAIDER NATION and our team is the OAKLAND RAIDERS!

I am all for people to speak their minds and complain if need be but when we have success...SHUT YOUR FUCKING TRAPS.  Cuz all you idiots did was bitch about how we'll get torched by Rivers or blasted by KC, etc etc.  I could go on and on.  Every game RNPers post how we are going to get killed but then bask in victory. 

It's a forum...so I'll say what I want. There's nothing wrong with wanting and expecting the best.  My excitement is tempered...it's that time of year....you know...another year another coach  AGAIN...What success are you referring  to? The 8-8 season? It wasn't good enough for Al. Speaking of.....i should tell you to "SHUT YOUR FUCKING TRAP" for calling his press conference "EXCELLENT!" Really? What part was excellent? The 15 minutes introducing Hue or the 45 minutes of him embarrassing himself on tv. C'MON MAN <<<---espn voice

I in no way shape or form think Al Davis ever embarrasses himself.. Did you see when Kwakami asked him that raider hating question about the revolving door for head coaches at Alamaeda? he never blamed the coaches but took full responsibility for saying that he didn't give the coaches enough good players to win.

I just don't think anyone should be embarrassed about Al Davis, if you want your regular cut of the mill CEO who turns up 9-5 and takes home a pay cheque then a team like Seattle would be better suited to you. But if you want one of those fun and theatrical CEO'S like at Google who have comfy couches, yoga classes in the middle of the floor and still blow out of the water in terms of sales and quarterly growth then please follow the Oakland Raiders.

It's tough to fathom for some that Cable firing was a good thing... Cable might be a Dale Earnhart type driver in his body with that will to win and do his best, but the dude will only ever get the maximum performance similar to a Ford Prius... Al Davis understands that Hue turned the raiders from the 32nd best offense into the 6th best in 1 single season and is basically handing Dale Earnhart the keys to a motherfucking Mustang or Ferrari.

In all honesty.. The media will continue to ask Questions at these press conferences that other GM's wouldn't answer.. I respect and love Al Davis when he tells the truth and nothing but the Truth! Al is a great man!