Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 61222 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders' coach search could heat up with Packers out of playoffs
« Reply #438 on: January 15, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »
Raiders' coach search could heat up with Packers out of playoffs

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_19749600
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:31:48 PM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #437 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »
I think the raiders will hire a head coach tomorrow. If not, Tuesday.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:21:37 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff - Gonna be annoyed if we hire a 1&Done Coach
« Reply #436 on: January 15, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
If the Packers lose at home today to the Giants I'm going to be pissed if we rush out and hire Winston Moss or Dom Capers!!!

Whats the point of hiring a 15 & 1 coach if he's going to give the Packers a 1 & Done postseason???

Is that the guy Reggie McKenzie is going to bring in to turn around this franchise??? I hope not.

Obviously there's differing factors to today's outcome.... The Packers Defense could play hella good today & Aaron Rodgers might just lay the egg. But Come on dudes!!! We'd be taking step backwards by going from Hue Jackson to a Packers Choking Candidate.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:22:37 PM by Randy »

Offline R8ER

• Rookie Member
Re: Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2012, 03:56:56 AM »
Mark Davis looks like a simpson's character Bart would fuck with at school.  Damn, all that time under Al and he didn't learn shit.  I really don't think mark wants this team and will put it up for sell within 5 years

What?! The fact that he hired a GM is BRIGHT! Where have you been? Al never did this and we kept LOSING! come on!?

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Re: Raiders Coaching Search
« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2012, 11:17:39 PM »
WHY IN THE HELL DID WE LET SANJAY LAL GET AWAY...HE WAS GONNA BE OUR NEXT HEAD COACH!...LMAO ::)...JUS KIDDING!...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:40:52 AM by Randy »
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »
Im not sure if it was joke but on twitter it said Sanjay our WR's coach signed with the jets as there wide out coach... You guys hear this...

It's true.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/01/jets-hire-sanjay-lal-as-new-wide-receivers-coach

"I'm coming to join you Elizabeth!" *doing my best Fred Sanford*
 Goodbye Sanjay ! You LEECH!
Man, if they fire John Herrera , it will be a huge blow to asskissing with the King of asskiss deposed.
We can dream I suppose  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:43:18 AM by Randy »

Raider Bob from Knoxville

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #432 on: January 13, 2012, 05:49:45 PM »
Im not sure if it was joke but on twitter it said Sanjay our WR's coach signed with the jets as there wide out coach... You guys hear this...

It's true.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/01/jets-hire-sanjay-lal-as-new-wide-receivers-coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #431 on: January 13, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »

It's true.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:43:02 AM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:42:48 AM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »

LET"S DO IT!  Come back to the RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDERS CHUCKY!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:42:34 AM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »
Dom caper is now the one of the leading contenders for the head coaching jobs in Oakland I could be satisfied with this guy......

Dom Capers???  Only as a DC for me if he was to come in.  Great defensive mind but has been a disppointment in the HC position with the Panthers and Texans in the past. 

BRING BACK GRUDEN
BRING BACK GRUDEN

This is just my personal hope and dream.   :)

Heh, mine too :)

Rich Gannon was actually talking about this today in one of his blogs.  Said if there was any organization that could pull him out of the broadcast booth it was the Raiders.  And he is good friends with Madden....we can hope right?

But Gruden signed a 5 year contract extension with ESPN that began in September 2011. More than 4 1/2 years to go on that contract. You think he could get out of a contract like that?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7114850/jon-gruden-agrees-five-year-extension-espn

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/18/2459289/gruden-extends-deal-with-espn.html

Oh wait! I think I found the answer for myself. Now I remember seeing this...

"Sources said Gruden has decided to return to coaching in 2012 and that his current employer, ESPN, is already preparing for his departure.

Spokesmen for ESPN and the Rams declined comment on Monday night."

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/26/changes-coming-chargers-brass/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/report-gruden-preparing-to-return-to-coaching-in-2012/

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/27/2663395/jon-gruden-espn-coaching-2012-season

ESPN responded with this statement: "Gruden 'remains committed' to Monday Night Football"

The article says that Gruden's "exclusive" contract with ESPN applies only to broadcasting and not to coaching, so if Gruden wants to leave, ESPN can do nothing to stop him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/espn-says-gruden-remains-committed-to-monday-night-football/

Discussion on RaiderFans.net forum: "Could Jon Gruden be our next head coach?"

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/186521-could-jon-gruden-our-next-head-coach.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:42:21 AM by Randy »

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
Dom caper is now the one of the leading contenders for the head coaching jobs in Oakland I could be satisfied with this guy......

Dom Capers???  Only as a DC for me if he was to come in.  Great defensive mind but has been a disppointment in the HC position with the Panthers and Texans in the past. 

BRING BACK GRUDEN
BRING BACK GRUDEN

Heh, mine too :)

Rich Gannon was actually talking about this today in one of his blogs.  Said if there was any organization that could pull him out of the broadcast booth it was the Raiders.  And he is good friends with Madden....we can hope right?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:42:04 AM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »

BRING BACK GRUDEN
BRING BACK GRUDEN

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:41:31 AM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
Re: Raiders Front Office - GM - Ownership
« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2012, 08:24:58 PM »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
Raiders eyeing Miami Dolphins' Interim HC Todd Bowles
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2012, 10:14:26 PM »
Todd Bowles from Miami was reportedly meeting the Raiders. I wouldn't mind him as a defensive coordinator but not as a head coach. I highly doubt it will be him I think it will be someone that it will be someone from Green Bay.

"Raiders eyeing Miami Dolphins' Todd Bowles as head coach candidate"
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19723649
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:49:12 PM by Randy »

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »
Just finished watching the press conference and I gotta say...we should all be excited about this. 

I feel the same way, Rodney!  Didn't John Madden have his hands on suggesting who the new GM should be?
If so, that is something to really get excited about.  Madden is awesome!

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
Just finished watching the press conference and I gotta say...we should all be excited about this.  This is what we've been waiting for...forever!  And I think we got a good one at that.  This is about the best we could of hoped for so far.  Lets see what direction he goes for the HC ;)

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
Mark Davis looks like a simpson's character Bart would fuck with at school.  Damn, all that time under Al and he didn't learn shit.  I really don't think mark wants this team and will put it up for sell within 5 years

Offline Wu-Tang Hokie Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #420 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
first thoughts on the GM-coach thing ... what the hell is up with mark davis's haircut? it's like he stuck a bowl on his head and left a mullet in the back. seriously, dude, you're rich as hell, spend some cash and get a decent cut. you're not 6 years old anymore, so stop having your mom cut your hair. jeez.

That was the most shocking part of this whole ordeal...he looks like Jon Gruden and AL had a baby...that fool looks like a 6 year old with a bad doo
Stuck to your ass like a Victoria's Secret wedgie...

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #419 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:23 PM »
first thoughts on the GM-coach thing ... what the hell is up with mark davis's haircut? it's like he stuck a bowl on his head and left a mullet in the back. seriously, dude, you're rich as hell, spend some cash and get a decent cut. you're not 6 years old anymore, so stop having your mom cut your hair. jeez.

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #416 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
THAT WAS SOME CRAZY SHIT WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OFF & THE PROJECTOR STARTED TO COME DOWN...AL DAVIS WAS IN THE ROOM!!! :o
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: packers defense
« Reply #415 on: January 10, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »
Well after watching the press conference and hear Reggie say a few times that he wants to bring in "His Guy", i can only imagin that he is going to bring in Moss. I could be totally wrong on that point but that is just what it seemed like to me. I think at best he should find someone like cowher or gruden and bring in moss as DC/assistant head coach, but i know that is not realistic....lol
So let me get this straight.........we are gettting a guy who  comes from a team that finished dead last in yards per game given up by the defense.......the packers also had more defensive penalties than the raiders...........nice....!

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #414 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:39 PM »
Well after watching the press conference and hear Reggie say a few times that he wants to bring in "His Guy", i can only imagin that he is going to bring in Moss. I could be totally wrong on that point but that is just what it seemed like to me. I think at best he should find someone like cowher or gruden and bring in moss as DC/assistant head coach, but i know that is not realistic....lol

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #413 on: January 10, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »

SO LONG HUE...BLAMING YOURSELF FOR LOSING GAMES & NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM CAN ONLY HELP YOU FOR SO LONG...BRING BACK GRUDEN!!!...GO RAIDERS! :)

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #412 on: January 10, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
Does anyone know if we can watch the press conference online? I live in KC and dont have a channel available to watch it.
The press conference will be on ch 698 at  4:00 p.m. on DirecTV.....this is central time by the way here in HELL! (TEXAS)
[/quote

Live streaming video of press conference on Raiders.com according to Raiders Twitter. Starts in 30 mins. 2pm pacific, 5pm eastern.

sweet bro thanks...and sorry for what i can imagin your going through there in Texas. Although the sorry Chiefs arent in the playoffs im getting the same grade F crap here...lol

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #411 on: January 10, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »
Does anyone know if we can watch the press conference online? I live in KC and dont have a channel available to watch it.
The press conference will be on ch 698 at  4:00 p.m. on DirecTV.....this is central time by the way here in HELL! (TEXAS)

Live streaming video of press conference on Raiders.com according to Raiders Twitter. Starts in 30 mins. 2pm pacific, 5pm eastern.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:35:33 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Press Conference time and channel for DirecTV customers.....CSNCA.....
« Reply #410 on: January 10, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #409 on: January 10, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »
Fuck this... I was thinking about going out to a game this year why waste my time..... I was excited about having a GM but now fuck that......... I don't know about you guys but hue jackson was of my favorite coaches of all time... If we had Tom fucking cable we would of been 4-12 with all the adversity but no we went 8-8 after death injury and we stil tied for 1st..... Fuck this team. I will stay optimistic but god Im pissed!!!,!!,

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #408 on: January 10, 2012, 03:43:49 PM »
I think that this is a serious tactical error.......give him one more year.......if we suck again......then fire him......! This team would be great with Bill Cowher!...........Talk about one hell of a good D and a fucking great running game!

Would Cowher want the headache of rebuilding?  WTF is going to happen to Carson Palmer?

We are stuck with Carson.

You wanna go down the GB route?  Gimme Flynn.
Carson is fine.....he never had any of  his WR's consistently and never had MCGINA  one time........he will be fine...played good enough and scored enough to win....the D lost almost all the games.....Leave Carson alone.........just needs to cut down on the INT's......this will be way better with a full offseason and a training camp.

I hope you're right bro.  I do.  We have got him wrapped up so I am hoping that with a healthy productive WR core and a good offseason, Carson will be good to go.  All of them are disposable except Ford and Moore as far as I'm concerned.
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #407 on: January 10, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »
I think that this is a serious tactical error.......give him one more year.......if we suck again......then fire him......! This team would be great with Bill Cowher!...........Talk about one hell of a good D and a fucking great running game!

Would Cowher want the headache of rebuilding?  WTF is going to happen to Carson Palmer?

Carson is fine.....he never had any of  his WR's consistently and never had MCGINA  one time........he will be fine...played good enough and scored enough to win....the D lost almost all the games.....Leave Carson alone.........just needs to cut down on the INT's......this will be way better with a full offseason and a training camp.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #406 on: January 10, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »

- George Orwell

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #405 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:27 PM »

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #404 on: January 10, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #403 on: January 10, 2012, 03:17:12 PM »
I hope McK knows what he is doing.  Most new GM's would give the coach a chance.  Y is Herrera still on the payroll?

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #402 on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »
I hope McK knows what he is doing.  Most new GM's would give the coach a chance.  Y is Herrera still on the payroll?

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: HUE JACKSON FIRED!
« Reply #401 on: January 10, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
Randy and Greg - Can't wait for the next podcast!  My god, so much has happened...at this point is losing to the Chargers even a talking point anymore???  A New GM, the entire defensive coaching side canned now Hue gets shown the door.  The next podcast should be long as hell...can't wait!
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #399 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »
It would be nice to see if the raiders could get Ken Norton away from whereever he is at as a linebacker coach.  Would love Jack Del Rio as a defensive coordinator but I feel he might follow Jeff Fisher if fisher gets a head coaching job.  At least the Eagles r dumb enough to keep their defensive coordinator so the raiders won't be in competition with the eagles for a top def. coor.

Dayum....with this latest news who knows...maybe we are getting Fisher and Del Rio....

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #398 on: January 06, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »
It would be nice to see if the raiders could get Ken Norton away from whereever he is at as a linebacker coach.  Would love Jack Del Rio as a defensive coordinator but I feel he might follow Jeff Fisher if fisher gets a head coaching job.  At least the Eagles r dumb enough to keep their defensive coordinator so the raiders won't be in competition with the eagles for a top def. coor.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #397 on: January 06, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »
There were reports that chuck and the other three assistant coaches will be fired jan 15 two weeks after the final game..... Why the fuck would we wait two weeks

Reports are already that the entire defensive coaching staff is canned...that bum John Herrera denies...makes me believe it is 100% true then 8)
- George Orwell

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2012, 05:32:18 PM »
There were reports that chuck and the other three assistant coaches will be fired jan 15 two weeks after the final game..... Why the fuck would we wait two weeks

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #395 on: January 03, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
Well one person is saying rod Woodson two other defensive coaches and last and very least CHUCKIE Bbbb!!! But also they have said it was a rumor but I'm not sure what to believe???

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Wide Receivers Coach Sanjay Lal: A Victim of Circumstance
« Reply #394 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
ok, here's what you've all been waiting for……a story on Sanjay Lal!!!!

Oakland Raiders Receiver Coach Sanjay Lal: A Victim of Circumstance

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/5/23/2185245/oakland-raiders-receiver-coach-sanjay-lal-a-victim-of-circumstance

and if that wasn't enough to satisfy your Sanjay Lal fix, here's more!

Sanjay Lal sings for you! (my personal favorite)
http://youtu.be/4VuAabxtj-M

and more...

http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lal_sanjay00.html
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2009/08/09/qa-with-sanjay-lal/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:29:23 AM by Randy »

Raider Jake

« Reply #393 on: April 08, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »
Too many lockouts....  It's a damn shame...

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #392 on: April 08, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »
Lockouts, gov. shutdowns WTF has happened to this country where 2 groups can't negotiate and find common ground
ITS THE ULTRA RICH CONGRESS THAT HAS LOST TOUCH WITH THE WORKING AMERICAN...MONEY TALKS AND THE WORKERS ARE SCREWED.....THERE IS "NO" REPRESENTATION OF THE COMMON AMERICAN IN THIS COUNTRY....THEY LET HUGE COMPANIES TRANSFER JOBS TO THE THIRD WORLD AND ALLOW THEM TO SELL PRODUCTS HERE....TO US....WITHOUT ANY RESPONSIBILTY...THEY DONT PAY TAXES BUT HAVE HUGE HOMES IN PALM SPRINGS AND NEW YORK ECT. THOMAS JEFFERSON HAD IT RIGHT.."WHEN THE PEOPLE HAVE NO REPRESENTATION IN GOVERMENT ITS UP TO THE PEOPLE TO TAKE THE GOVERMENT BACK BY ARMS IF NESSESARY" THIS IS WHERE WE HAVE COME AND THE ULTRA RICH AND POLITITIONS ARE CLUELESS AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE MAJORITY IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY....THE OWNERS OF NFL TEAMS ARE PART OF THIS MESS......UNTIL THE FANS GET IT....AND STOP SENDING THESE TEAMS MONEY WE WILL SEE THE SAME GO ON IN THE NFL....

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #391 on: April 08, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
Lockouts, gov. shutdowns WTF has happened to this country where 2 groups can't negotiate and find common ground

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Still Pinching Myself
« Reply #390 on: April 08, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »
Can't believe that we've picked up Rod Woodson, Al Saunders, The Wiz & Chucky B this offseason.

Every motherf#cker in Raider Nation has been speaking for the last 7 years about coaches not wanting to come to Oakland, Whilst it's true in terms of Premiere Head Coach, This coaching staff we have essembled is going to do wonders for guys progression.

I am so fired up with these additions to the Coaching Staff.
AMEN! Lets hope this mess is cleared up soon so they can Coach these guys!

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
Still Pinching Myself
« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2011, 05:17:29 AM »
Can't believe that we've picked up Rod Woodson, Al Saunders, The Wiz & Chucky B this offseason.

Every motherf#cker in Raider Nation has been speaking for the last 7 years about coaches not wanting to come to Oakland, Whilst it's true in terms of Premiere Head Coach, This coaching staff we have essembled is going to do wonders for guys progression.

I am so fired up with these additions to the Coaching Staff.