Author Topic: Raiders Coaching Staff  (Read 48620 times)

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Dennis Allen Press Conference
« Reply #538 on: January 31, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »
We won't know anything until we see it on the field.  I like that his press conference wasn't the comical show we are used to.  It was all business.  What am I excited is for is that this Coach seems to UNDERSTAND that costly mistakes, lapses on D, inconsistency on both sides of the ball, and penalties does not make a solid team.  We haven't had a Coach since Chucky that would get after a player's ass for a stupid penalty/mistake.  Seems like Allen pays attention to detail, which is something this team needs.  He comes from a good pedigree, unlike most of the loser Coaches we have had here.  I am hoping Mckenzie is able to secure some picks in this year's draft one way or another and can land some FAs from around the league.  We need some help...especially in that god-awful secondary.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Dennis the Menace press conference...
« Reply #537 on: January 31, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »
DENNIS ALLEN SOUNDS A LIL TOO COUNTRY & DOESNT FIT WITH THE RAIDER IMAGE...BUT HE LOOKS LIKE HE HAS A PLAN AND IS FIRM AND MEANS BUSINESS & NOT JUST ASSSS KISSING TO THE RAIDER ORGANIZATION...THESE AINT GONNA BE YO DADDYS OLD SKOOL RAIDERS ANYMORE...WINNING CURES EVERYTHING AND THIS RAIDER FAN IS DRINKING THE KOOL-AID :o...I'M PUMPED UP FOR THIS SEASON WITH THIS NEW REGIME & THINK THE "MENACE" CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN :)...WE SHALL WAIT & SEE...GO RAIDERS!
It really does not matter what this guy says until we get some real games..........I am just not really excited because we are basically going to run the same team out there as last year minus a few possible players who might leave (Michael Bush...Tyvon Branch).. and we have no draft to replace anyone who leaves....... :o :o

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #536 on: January 31, 2012, 12:43:25 AM »
yo raider greg!,
i know what you mean my brutha...we just want the raiders to WIN games....Thats ALL!I wouldn;t care if the ghost of Elvis was coaching our team!:O)

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #535 on: January 31, 2012, 12:20:31 AM »
             Hey raider greg,
would you rather have Dennis Allen as your head coach,the cable guy or hue jackson?He'sgonna be better than tom cable and probably hue jackson....if he finally brings discipline to the most penalized team in the history of the NFL he has started us in the right direction.nothing personal.but hiring reggie as general manager and Dennis Allen as our head coach is a Breath of fresh air for raider nation....I'm pumped!!:O)
Yo...Raider Steve.... Everyone's got an issue..... Should have kept Hue....Should have kept Cable....Should have Blah Blah  Blah..... The Raider Nation has NOT had any stable coach sense Grudin and Bruce Allen..... Then everyone was happy.....Why?... WE WON GAMES! thats why.... I am usualy the one who gets emotional about this stuff but.... I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy we have a GM and a Coach and the team is going to be run the way that other winning teams are run..... Im Happy.... I KNOW we will do better in every aspect of our team.... It will take time.... Let it happen..... YES Dennis does NOT look like a Raider Coach.... But.....What the hell does that mean......? Should he have a patch over one eye.....Or should he be doing some Rah...Rahhhhhh speaches.....HELL NO....All I want is him to Coach this team to wins.....I know we will be a better organization...... We have needed this for years...... Just let it happen..... You will all see......

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #534 on: January 30, 2012, 09:27:56 PM »
hey raider kyle.
we haven;t had a young coach and a new general manager since Al davis had these titles(early 60's)...we were playing for a playoff spot till the last game of the season...we haven;t had that since 2002..please listen to the grant napier interview of Dennis allen that was just posted on www.raiders.com.we still have the same players...kinda exciting palmer and campbell competing for the starting qb spot-competition between players for a starting job is good....just think how PISSED Bronco fans are that we STOLE their defensive coordinator-who turned their lousy defense into a playoff team(in ONE year).Dennis was also the db coach when the saints UPSET the Colts in the Super Bowl....i was SADDENED when Hue jackson wasn;t retained but i think that Reggie Mckenzie got a Great head coach in the making....don;t you think dennis has more UPSIDE than Tom Cable?

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
Watching part one of the press conference there is just something that I don't like about how he is...i mean I like his hype but he isn't a raider and doesn't act like a raider. I know it is to early to tell but I'm kinda on the fence about this coach.

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
             Hey raider greg,
would you rather have Dennis Allen as your head coach,the cable guy or hue jackson?He'sgonna be better than tom cable and probably hue jackson....if he finally brings discipline to the most penalized team in the history of the NFL he has started us in the right direction.nothing personal.but hiring reggie as general manager and Dennis Allen as our head coach is a Breath of fresh air for raider nation....I'm pumped!!:O)

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #531 on: January 30, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »
     hello,
As a Raider fan-like you all...I saw the Dennis Allen press conference and am VERY IMPRESSED!He is the Kind of coach that we need!Al Davis would be VERY PROUD of having Reggie Mckenzie as our general manager and Dennis Allen as our head coach!!I know his son Mark Davis is.Just watch his press conference and you will enjoy/like what he has to say...Nothing against Hue jackson but i think at this time that dennis is a GREAT fit for the Raiders!!I am EXCITED about the upcoming season!!

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Re: Dennis the Menace press conference...
« Reply #530 on: January 30, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »
DENNIS ALLEN SOUNDS A LIL TOO COUNTRY & DOESNT FIT WITH THE RAIDER IMAGE...BUT HE LOOKS LIKE HE HAS A PLAN AND IS FIRM AND MEANS BUSINESS & NOT JUST ASSSS KISSING TO THE RAIDER ORGANIZATION...THESE AINT GONNA BE YO DADDYS OLD SKOOL RAIDERS ANYMORE...WINNING CURES EVERYTHING AND THIS RAIDER FAN IS DRINKING THE KOOL-AID :o...I'M PUMPED UP FOR THIS SEASON WITH THIS NEW REGIME & THINK THE "MENACE" CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN :)...WE SHALL WAIT & SEE...GO RAIDERS!
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #529 on: January 30, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
Looking forward to the press conference today and to see how Allen handles himself....
Surely he wouldn't do that at a press conference....handle himself I mean   :P

;D ;D ;D
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #528 on: January 30, 2012, 12:11:24 PM »
Looking forward to the press conference today and to see how Allen handles himself....
Surely he wouldn't do that at a press conference....handle himself I mean   :P

Raider Bob from Knoxville

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #527 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:15 AM »
- George Orwell

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #526 on: January 30, 2012, 06:18:53 AM »
it looks like i can't post a reply to randy's links to old articles ... i read the one about the raiders hiring gruden back in 98. on that sfgate page was a link to an article by glenn dickey ripping on the raiders. i found this quote funny:

"So when Davis thought about fixing the defense, he brought in Bill Belichick for interviews. Now the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets, Belichick is regarded as a great defensive coach, but in a five-year stint with the then- Cleveland Browns as head coach (1991-95), he had only one winning season. He seems to be a great assistant who can't make the jump to head coach. Davis just fired a coach like that, Joe Bugel, and it would make little sense to hire another."

wow ... good call ... belichick is totally on the same level as joe bugel. totally. dickey then goes on to say that instead of hiring gruden, the raiders should bring back art shell. wow ... another good call. that really worked out well. dickey was a freaking genius. al should have made him GM.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/1998/01/22/SP60696.DTL#ixzz1kwHxH7ru

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Allen’s to-do list a long one
« Reply #524 on: January 29, 2012, 01:56:30 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Dennis the Menace!
« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
I knew he reminded me of someone. It's Dennis the Menace.
His hair darkened, but he's still got the cowlick!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
RAIDERS MAKE IT OFFICIAL...
« Reply #522 on: January 27, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:04:46 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #521 on: January 27, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Oakland-Raiders-new-coach-Dennis-Allen-reportedly-gets-four-year-contract-012612

I'm a little surprised at the negativity on the hire...I'm excited.  McKenzie is trying to rebuild this team the right way and what better way than to hire a young, up and coming, hard-nosed, fundamental loving head coach?

Me too, but it's to be expected.  Raider fans wanted to keep Cable for god's sakes.  The same thing happened when Huejax was brought in.  I guess it's because our team has sucked for too long and we get impatient (for good reason I might add).  I'm with you though, I am starting to get excited about the hire, especially the more I read and learn about our new HC.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:31:52 AM by Matty Raider »
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #520 on: January 27, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Oakland-Raiders-new-coach-Dennis-Allen-reportedly-gets-four-year-contract-012612

I'm a little surprised at the negativity on the hire...I'm excited.  McKenzie is trying to rebuild this team the right way and what better way than to hire a young, up and coming, hard-nosed, fundamental loving head coach?

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #519 on: January 27, 2012, 09:21:52 AM »
Remember when the raiders hired a hard nosed coordinator from denver to be their head coach - Mike Shanahan  :(
Yeah...........it worked out great...................he went somewhere else and won 2 superbowls.................... >:(

Yeah he won 2 superbowls but he did have one of the greatest qb's in history.  What has he done in washington besides make sure his kid has a job

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Dennis Allen’s first task is a major overhaul of Oakland Raiders
« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2012, 12:48:59 AM »
Dennis Allen’s first task is a major overhaul of Oakland Raiders, by Glenn Dickey

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/nfl/2012/01/dennis-allen-s-first-task-major-overhaul-oakland-raiders

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Press Conference reportedly set for Monday...
« Reply #517 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »

The Raiders still have not confirmed the hiring. CSN says the introductory news conference is scheduled for Monday. Given the news conference will be broadcast on CSN, it’s a safe bet to say the Raiders have confirmed it to CSN.
McKenzie returned to Alameda on Wednesday. Allen should be through checking out pro prospects in Mobile today or Friday.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/01/26/report-allen-signs-4-year-contract/#more-18565
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:28:08 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
John Madden gives his opinion on Dennis Allen as Raiders head coach
« Reply #516 on: January 26, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
Madden's comments start 32 seconds in...

http://youtu.be/UyhPkoJTZIk

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Sources: Allen signs 4-year deal with Raiders
« Reply #515 on: January 26, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:29:22 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Potential coordinator candidates to watch for in Oakland - from AFC West
« Reply #514 on: January 26, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »
Potential coordinator candidates to watch for in Oakland

Chiefs Emmitt Thomas (defense)
Mike Sherman (offense)

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39255/potential-candidates-to-watch-in-oakland
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:26:47 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #513 on: January 26, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »
Remember when the raiders hired a hard nosed coordinator from denver to be their head coach - Mike Shanahan  :(
Yeah...........it worked out great...................he went somewhere else and won 2 superbowls.................... >:(

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #512 on: January 26, 2012, 10:13:29 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Source: Raiders finalizing deal with new coach
« Reply #511 on: January 25, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Dennis Allen, known for being hard-nosed and wise beyond his years
« Reply #509 on: January 25, 2012, 11:41:19 PM »
Oakland Raiders' next coach, Dennis Allen, known for being hard-nosed and wise beyond his years
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_19822788

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Dennis Allen
« Reply #506 on: January 25, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
not sure about the hire.........i just think "lane Kiffin".......just hope he is not as arrogant as lane was..........I just dont think we have the personnel on defense to win........I dont care who the Head coach is...........All the corner backs suck in my opinion.................I guess only time will tell........

You don't care WHO the coach is? Well I sure care that we lost THIS coach....he was my favorite!

Ha........very funny............I liked him too!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #504 on: January 25, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
not sure about the hire.........i just think "lane Kiffin".......just hope he is not as arrogant as lane was..........I just dont think we have the personnel on defense to win........I dont care who the Head coach is...........All the corner backs suck in my opinion.................I guess only time will tell........

You don't care WHO the coach is? Well I sure care that we lost THIS coach....he was my favorite!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #503 on: January 25, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!
« Reply #502 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
STUPID STUPID STUPID I hope I am dead wrong... But I see 8-8 being a blessing now... like Juan says don't be a negative Nancy... But like in that movie 300 when he says "My knee is hurting right now.... I'm having a hard time kneeling"

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #501 on: January 25, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
Found this on Dennis Allen:

"He must have a military background, that's the first thing I thought of. Must have been in the military or had that in his family background, some way or another. That's the way he carries himself," cornerback Andre Goodman said. "His thing is discipline, discipline, discipline. Do everything right, all the time, and never let up."

I LOVE IT.  I have been wanting a disciplinarian, no-nonsense Coach from jump

I also listened the audio clips and watched the video Randy linked up on him....I can't lie, I'm excited for the guy.  Nothing but positive takes on this guy from others around the league.  He's young but a strong personality and seems like a great motivator and leader. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:55:32 AM by Matty Raider »
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #500 on: January 25, 2012, 09:43:59 AM »
I kind of like the hire.  He is a hardass, good coach that knows how to prepare a team and is exactly what we need to shore up the defense.  And lets face it...it's been our achilles heel the past several seasons.  If we end up keeping Saunders for our OC it could work out great for us ;)

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #499 on: January 25, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
I heard that Allen was next in line to be the HC of the Rams if Jeff Fisher didn't want the gig.

Raider Frank is right on, at least he is not a retread.

He must be somewhat impressive as far as interviewing and his approach to coaching.  I really thought McKenzie was going to go the Green Bay route and I am actually glad he didn't.  No one there really impressed me except for Joe Philbin.

I'm tryin' to be positive here!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:35:30 AM by Matty Raider »
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Frank

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #498 on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
My two cents.

At least he’s not a retread. Mornihinweg, Tice etc....

He’s a defensive minded coach, a great departure from since John Madden?

Everything I’ve read says he well respected and is an up and coming coach.

We'll see who he gets as his coordinators to see if he can pull in some real talent.

What else is there Raider Nation? We wanted changes, we wanted a GM, we wanted something to be different.

He has no allegiances to anyone in Raider town.

Go Raiders
Raider Frank
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:08:37 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
I say, "Let's GIVE DENNIS ALLEN A CHANCE!", he might turn out to be great...
« Reply #497 on: January 24, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »
Just because he was with the Broncos and not many people ever heard of him is no reason to condemn him. After all, remember....Gruden was a QB's coach with the Packers....and no one ever heard of him when Al Davis hired him.

Allen is now the youngest head coach in the NFL, just like Gruden was. Just like Al Davis was when he was head coach. Just like John Madden was when he was hired. If he turns out to be good, he could be here for a LONG time. That's what we want, isn't it? Continuity? Just because he's supposedly a disciplinarian isn't a reason to slam him either....especially since he hasn't even started yet. The team who just set the all-time record for penalties may need a little more discipline. Comments I've read from Broncos players seem to be positive. They liked him. The Broncos fans are pissed that he's coming to us. Look on their forums. I'm pretty excited about his potential actually. I'd rather have a 39 year old up-and-comer than a 58 year old Brian Billick who might decide to retire again in a couple of years, or return to broadcasting.

Look at this video that was recorded just after the Broncos hired Allen as their defensive coordinator. The things he says about what he wants his defenses to be.....they sound pretty good for the Raiders. He said, "we're going to be build off of speed and athleticism. We want to be a very fast, violent, aggressive type of defense." I know he won't be our DC, but I'm sure he'll have an influence on our defense....I hope.

Watch the video:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Catching-up-with-Dennis-Allen/860882eb-9ec9-4e5f-ad34-9faa843fb98f

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl, was disappointed when he heard the news.

"He knew how to get us ready," Bailey told the NFL Network. "I give him a lot of credit for the success we had this year. ... He's one of the most intense coaches I've had.

"I know what type of team he's going to have (with the Raiders). Very intense, hard-nosed, tough. That's the way he is. That's what I expect his team to be."

I know that as a player, Allen didn't make it in the NFL, but that doesn't mean anything either. You know what the old saying is.....

Those who CAN.......DO, and those who CAN'T.........TEACH.

Guys who were great athletes are often not great teachers, and guys who weren't the greatest athletes often ARE great teachers. John Madden played in College, but never the NFL. Bellichick never played pro football. He played it in college, but he favored lacrosse. Anyone know if Al Davis played football?

Dennis Allen wasn't a completely crappy football player either. He was good. He was a DB who was highly recruited out of high school in Texas, played DB for Texas A & M, and played on the defense that was known as the "Wrecking Crew"....and went to three consecutive Cotton Bowls. They made one of those bowl games due to a 4th quarter interception by Dennis Allen.

From what I hear, Allen is a great teacher, who always made sure that every member of his defense understood their role and how to achieve it.

He's probably going to seem awkward in his public speaking at first, most new head coaches are....but they improve in that area pretty fast. The way he relates to his team is the important thing.

Maybe we made a coup! The Broncos had 6 new defensive coordinators in 6 years prior to Allen, and their defense was terrible. He almost instantly improved them....but now they'll have to find their 7th new coordinator in 7 years!  ;D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/wires/01/25/2020.ap.fbn.broncos.d.coordinator.1st.ld.writethru.0775/index.html

Here's a radio interview with Ex-Broncos, Ex-49ers Alfred Williams on Dennis Allen...by Greg Papa and John Lund today on 95.7 "The Game":

DOWNLOAD AND LISTEN to mp3:
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/audio/forum/957thegame/Alfred_Williams_on_Dennis_Allen.mp3

Here's another radio interview, this one with Ex-Broncos 3-time Pro Bowl DE Chad Brown which also aired today on 95.7 "The Game" (Chad Brown hosts his own radio show in Denver):

DOWNLOAD AND LISTEN to mp3:
http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/audio/forum/957thegame/Chad_Brown_on_Dennis_Allen.mp3
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:55:58 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
RAIDERS HIRE DENNIS ALLEN
« Reply #496 on: January 24, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »

Allen informed the Broncos he had formally been offered and accepted the job Tuesday night at Senior Bowl preparations.

Raiders hire Dennis Allen as head coach (FOX Sports exclusive)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Dennis-Allen-Oakland-Raiders-new-head-coach-Denver-Broncos-012412

Adam Schefter - Raiders Hire Dennis Allen (ESPN video)
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7499385/sources-oakland-raiders-hire-dennis-allen-denver-broncos-coach

Greg Papa on Dennis Allen hire (Comcast SportsNet Video)
http://youtu.be/rk9jFjxxTo8

Hire a coach, open up a new round of questions
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/01/24/raiders-pick-dennis-allen-1-question-answered-but-there-are-many-more-out-there/

Monte Poole: Hiring Dennis Allen isn't a touchdown for Oakland Raiders
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_19814552

Raiders hire Allen to replace fired Jackson
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/01/24/raiders-hire-allen-to-replace-fired-jackson/

Raiders hire away Dennis Allen from Broncos
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19807184

Raiders make high-risk, high-reward hire
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39151/raiders-make-high-risk-high-reward-hire

Allen shows Raiders' new commitment to defense
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/01/24/SPR11MTTRI.DTL

Broncos defensive players sad to see “tough” Allen go to Raiders
http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/01/24/broncos-defensive-players-sad-to-see-tough-allen-go-to-raiders/

Dennis Allen new Raiders head coach
http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/01/24/allen-new-head-coach/?tsp=1

Dennis Allen is Oakland's man
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/52826/dennis-allen-is-oaklands-man

If you can't beat them, take their coach
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/raiders-talk/post/If-you-cant-beat-them-take-their-coach?blockID=637596&feedID=2801

Report: Raiders to hire Dennis Allen
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/report-raiders-to-hire-dennis-allen/

Read what Broncos fans are saying on DenverBroncos.com Forum
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=206903

Broncos insider on Dennis Allen (Video)
http://youtu.be/56rM5qtcr6I

Video of Allen after his hire by Denver Broncos
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Catching-up-with-Dennis-Allen/860882eb-9ec9-4e5f-ad34-9faa843fb98f

What might Allen's staff look like?
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39181/what-will-allens-staff-look-like

Allen's thoughts on the 2011 Raiders
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39167/2011-allen-thoughts-on-the-raiders

Champ Bailey: Allen's departure just means more change for Broncos
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8264cc12/article/bailey-allens-departure-just-means-more-change-for-broncos

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:05:03 AM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #495 on: January 24, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
One step forward two giant fucking steps back.....I thought the same thing. I can't see this fag as a Raiders coach. He will be fired in a year and a half. God damn I wish Cable or Hue Jackson was back. This hire is for all the fuckers who were happy when Hue got fired. So fuck you guys, hope you're fucking happy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:28:14 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #494 on: January 24, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
DENNIS ALLEN?...THAT BRONCAHOE LOOKING DWEEB...SMH :(...WE SHOULDA JUST KEPT HUE JACKSON...NO BUENO! >:( >:(
HERE WE GO AGAIN. BUT, THIS GEEK WILL BE HERE FOR AT LEAST TWO SEASONS. HE IS RUMORED TO BE A HARD FISTED COACH. GOOD LUCK IN OAKTOWN GEEKBOY. THIS TEAM HAS BEEN RAISED ON AL DAVIS AND HIS TRUE CONCERN FOR THEM, AND NOW WE WILL HAVE A GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE HE IS FIFTEEN YELLING AND SCREAMING HIS WAY TO A LOSING SEASON. WE WERE SO CLOSE. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO WATCH AND SEE. WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT WE HAVE ALL SEEN THIS BEFORE. CAN'T BELIEVE WE COULD NOT GET A SOLID, "MATURE," AND RESPECTED COACH HERE. OH WELL. HE SURE WILL NOT LOOK GOOD IN SILVER AND BLACK. HARD TO SEE.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:13:55 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #493 on: January 24, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
One on one video with Dennis Allen and Paul Gutierrez at the Senior Bowl today.

http://www.csncalifornia.com/pages/mobile_video?PID=hXWM2-AWXYExjHzoKkHvXjiGvcq_6WEIn_OUZm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #492 on: January 24, 2012, 05:50:59 PM »
DENNIS ALLEN?...THAT BRONCAHOE LOOKING DWEEB...SMH :(...WE SHOULDA JUST KEPT HUE JACKSON...NO BUENO! >:( >:(
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #491 on: January 24, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »
Looking like Dennis Allen is our next HC................my gut feeling.........ugh :-\
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #490 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Wow.............anyone other than Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden and this will be an absolute joke..............these choices all suck.............so much for "We will get a great head coach when Al dies".......starting off the year in disgust again..........................Ive seen this movie before!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Coaching Staff
« Reply #489 on: January 24, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
Allen not a lock, Raiders not "negotiating" per McKenzie. To meet with Allen tonight.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/raiders-talk/post/McKenzie-to-interview-Denvers-Allen-toni?blockID=637374&feedID=5885

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk