Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 109680 times)

Raiderfanuntildeath

Raiders Players
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »
Raider Fan until death, my info comes from a place other than the internet
(rolling eyes)...Ok, your the one guy in the world who hangs out in a Raider INTERNET forum but you don't get your "information from the internet"...

Put down the hot pockets and jalepeno poppers that your eating in your Mom's basement as you are a "special" Raider fan that gets "insider info" straight from Al's mouth.  C'mon bro, its OK to get info from the internet...just take such info with a grain of salt.  Even the Raider players are kept in the dark and don't know what the fuck is going on in Oakland...but Millernation is special, right?...a psychic perhaps?  EUGH!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
Raiders Players
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2011, 03:41:01 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:51:46 AM by Randy »

Raider Jake

Raiders Players
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2011, 03:34:57 PM »
Rumors are out that we get a draft pick in 2012 if Nnamdi goes. Can anyone confirm?

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
Al will hold on to Darrius Heyward-Bey

Problem is Darrius Heyward-Bey can't hold on to a football

Raider Fan until death, my info comes from a place other than the internet

Raiderfanuntildeath

Raiders Players
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
Say whatever you want,  but this decision whether we agree about Cable a good coach or not was a deciding factor in the players minds as soon as he was not extended a contract.................................I dont expect this team to look anything like it did this year....it seems like to me we will go through another round of years sucking.......................................................!

I totally agree. I think the old man is already planning to be in contention by 2013 or later. Remember he thinks he'll live forever and it looks like he'll use this year's success to parley free agents for draft picks and buy a new team. Our schedule is really hard next year and we'll suck ass, enabling us at least a shot at Andrew Luck at #1 in 2012, who with this and next year's rookies and the remaining butt-kissers will be Al's new team.
Don't think for a second he wouldn't deal D-Mac for an early 1st rounder or anybody else for that matter......except for the irreplaceable rectal rooter John Herrera.
No doubt.  I put NOTHING past Al Davis, even trading away Run DMC.  But one thing is for sure...Al will hold on to Darrius Heyward-Bey ???

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
Raiders Players
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »
Say whatever you want,  but this decision whether we agree about Cable a good coach or not was a deciding factor in the players minds as soon as he was not extended a contract.................................I dont expect this team to look anything like it did this year....it seems like to me we will go through another round of years sucking.......................................................!

I totally agree. I think the old man is already planning to be in contention by 2013 or later. Remember he thinks he'll live forever and it looks like he'll use this year's success to parley free agents for draft picks and buy a new team. Our schedule is really hard next year and we'll suck ass, enabling us at least a shot at Andrew Luck at #1 in 2012, who with this and next year's rookies and the remaining butt-kissers will be Al's new team.
Don't think for a second he wouldn't deal D-Mac for an early 1st rounder or anybody else for that matter......except for the irreplaceable rectal rooter John Herrera.

Raider Bob from Knoxville

Raiderfanuntildeath

Raiders Players
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 08:40:48 PM »
Why can't he be franchise tagged?...contract that stated that he couldn't be tagged has been voided....how can you be so sure he can't get tagged? (hope this doesnt turn into a 2 week long, 90 thousand post battle) but how do you know?...because ESPN told you so?...have you seen the black and white of the contract?

the contract wasn't voided, the contract said the team option to keep him at close to 17 million would be voided.  It also states if that happens they couldn't franchise nor transition tag him. 
If you don't believe me, do some research.  Where I got the info doesn't matter.  U wouldn't believe me if I told U anyway. 
the only research i can do is "google" the matter...the contract is not available for public viewing...so the only thing i can do is reguritate the information that has been put out there by these "unamed" sources...

dude, its not that i dont believe you, just wanted to know how you were so sure...and like me you got your info from the internet...i just tend to not believe everything written on the internet about the Raiders.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
Raiders Players
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2011, 03:05:16 PM »
This is all going going to go down the drain quickly. Now they're saying resigning Gallery might not happen either. Once he took Veldheer under his wing that left side became extremely strong. We either need to get a lot of draft picks or we're F'd. There is nothing we can do about this other than argue with each other about it. The players already know what they wanna do, you can believe that. We will just have to wait and see once free agency opens, and PRAY that the team wants to stay together, looking at the year we just had. No matter who comes in and coaches. Trust me, if i knew we could help even just a little I would be the first one to write a, "I will get down on my knees and beg for you to stay", letter...lol. Just hope for the best yall, and we'll see how this all turns out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:54:24 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
Why can't he be franchise tagged?...contract that stated that he couldn't be tagged has been voided....how can you be so sure he can't get tagged? (hope this doesnt turn into a 2 week long, 90 thousand post battle) but how do you know?...because ESPN told you so?...have you seen the black and white of the contract?

the contract wasn't voided, the contract said the team option to keep him at close to 17 million would be voided.  It also states if that happens they couldn't franchise nor transition tag him. 

RFUD, don't drink the hater-aid others are gulping down in 40oz bottles.  If you don't believe me, do some research.  Where I got the info doesn't matter.  U wouldn't believe me if I told U anyway. 

Raiderfanuntildeath

Raiders Players
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
He can't be franchise tagged.  He will be free to sign anywhere he wants pending the CBA
HE IS GONE.....THATS IT.......$17 MILLION IS WAY TOO MUCH MONEY TO GIVE A DB......HE WILL BE WITH ANOTHER TEAM NEXT SEASON AND THAT'S ABOUT IT!
I know it is a bunch of $$$$$$$$$ but I would just as soon keep him.....................dont give any $$$$$$ to Huff or Routt and let him have their chunk of the pie!  i believe that  amount of $$$$$$$ is what he would have gotten if you took the average of the qb's....................he wouldn't get that much now!

Huff had a breakout year.  Al's probably gonna resign him.  Routt is a decent corner considering all the man to man coverage the Raiders play.  Playing opposite of Nnamdi can make any corner look like garbage.

Raiderfanuntildeath

Raiders Players
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »
He can't be franchise tagged.  He will be free to sign anywhere he wants pending the CBA

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »
I would rather have 2 very good corners than 1 great corner and 1 pos corner.  Routt should be designated to the North Korea league

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 12:57:19 PM »
He can't be franchise tagged.  He will be free to sign anywhere he wants pending the CBA
HE IS GONE.....THATS IT.......$17 MILLION IS WAY TOO MUCH MONEY TO GIVE A DB......HE WILL BE WITH ANOTHER TEAM NEXT SEASON AND THAT'S ABOUT IT!
I know it is a bunch of $$$$$$$$$ but I would just as soon keep him.....................dont give any $$$$$$ to Huff or Routt and let him have their chunk of the pie!  i believe that  amount of $$$$$$$ is what he would have gotten if you took the average of the qb's....................he wouldn't get that much now!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »
No CB is worth 17 million a year.  Deon in his best day wasn't worth 17 million a year.  You could get a whole defensive backfield with that. 

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:53:21 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
He can't be franchise tagged.  He will be free to sign anywhere he wants pending the CBA

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
Raiders Players
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 09:51:38 AM »
One aspect of the whole Nnamdi situation that I ponder...

It was in Nnamdi's contract that the Raiders could not apply the Franchise Tag on him...but because he did not meet incentives, the contract is VOIDED...does this mean that the Raiders COULD in fact use the Franchise Tag on him again?...is this Al's trick up his sleeve?

Makes sense to me! Good observation.

I was under the impression the contract was voided and we couldn't franchise tag him either  :-\

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2011, 12:34:40 AM »

It was in Nnamdi's contract that the Raiders could not apply the Franchise Tag on him...but because he did not meet incentives, the contract is VOIDED...does this mean that the Raiders COULD in fact use the Franchise Tag on him again?...is this Al's trick up his sleeve?

Makes sense to me! Good observation.

Raiderfanuntildeath

Raiders Players
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 09:54:59 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 11:17:25 AM »
Who wants to play for the Texans, or the Jets, or the Patriots?

Well Nnamdi for 1 wants to play for the Jets..It's often reported how him and Revis want to play together and now that he's free he easily has that option. I'd be very happy to see Nnamdi back with the Raiders however I just don't see it happening. I think that due to Stupid coaching decisions and the general fuck ups of Davis that Nnamdi and Seymour and Bush are gone. We may get Routt back but he sucks Timmy the teabag Tebows balls so thats not much of a help.

This year was the happiest I've been as a Raiders fan in many years. Next year looks to be a return to the status Quo.

Honestly...I'm to the point that I hope Nnamdi does get to go to a team with a chance at a Superbowl.  I think as much of him as I did Tim Brown and Rich Gannon.  He is a class act and has done everything to be a leader on and off the field for this team and Oakland.  Pisses me off that we can't get shit together enough in the offices to keep him  >:(
I can respect that because he is a good guy...............but to have him leave would be the worst free agent loss this this team would have had in 20 years!

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
Raiders Players
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 08:07:05 AM »

Well Nnamdi for 1 wants to play for the Jets..It's often reported how him and Revis want to play together and now that he's free he easily has that option. I'd be very happy to see Nnamdi back with the Raiders however I just don't see it happening. I think that due to Stupid coaching decisions and the general fuck ups of Davis that Nnamdi and Seymour and Bush are gone. We may get Routt back but he sucks Timmy the teabag Tebows balls so thats not much of a help.

This year was the happiest I've been as a Raiders fan in many years. Next year looks to be a return to the status Quo.

Honestly...I'm to the point that I hope Nnamdi does get to go to a team with a chance at a Superbowl.  I think as much of him as I did Tim Brown and Rich Gannon.  He is a class act and has done everything to be a leader on and off the field for this team and Oakland.  Pisses me off that we can't get shit together enough in the offices to keep him  >:(

SgtRaider in K-town

Raiders Players
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 06:45:46 AM »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 12:27:01 AM »
Raider Greg becoming a BroncoHO.  clutch the pearls what a sneeky thing to do.  It would never happen.  They would never take Hulk Hogans little brother, brutha  :D
Proud member of the SLAP-A-HOE TRIBE......I FUCKIN HATE THE BRONC-HOES! ;D

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »
Raider Greg becoming a BroncoHO.  clutch the pearls what a sneeky thing to do.  It would never happen.  They would never take Hulk Hogans little brother, brutha  :D

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »
Listen to the panicky fans.  You don't know how free agency is going until after a CBA is announced.  So chill with the doomsday ranting.  
Give me one good reason why any of these players would want to come back here?????????????????  And if $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is their only motivation then that is a really crappy answer.................but if they want to win then tell me..............................................would you want to play in OAKLAND if you are in search of a ring????????????????????????????????

How about this for a reason why players would want to stay with the Raiders.....because it's their team. They feel like we do....that the Raiders are the ONLY team to support....they BLEED Silver and Black, just like we do. Loyalty, regardless of money, regardless of any negatives that might go along with the organization. Who wants to play for the Texans, or the Jets, or the Patriots? It just wouldn't be the same. It would be like one of us deciding we're going to switch and become a Broncos fan. Could you do it? They started something in Oakland, and they aren't going to stop until they finish what they started and get the Raiders back on top. Superbowl Champions! Right? Can't you see that as a possible reason?

Well.....it's possible, don't you think?  :-\

I agree, but tell me what you would do if you could go to a different station and make the same amount of $ or more and have to not deal with a really shitty captain who just makes really stupid decisions?

Yeah, every firefighter can relate to switching fire stations...but it would still be the same fire department, not a whole different department in a new city (or new team in a whole different state in a player's situation).

I was being a little facetious with my example though (about players bleeding Silver and Black). We'd like all of our players to be as loyal to the Raiders as we are as fans, but in reality....it's not like the old days when players went their whole careers with the same team. With the free agency system they're like mercenaries now.

Millernation had a point though. When a player has stayed put with one team for a long time, it might be more desirable to not switch teams unless they really have to...especially if they have kids in school, bought a home there, have ties with the community, etc.

On the other hand, if you had to weigh the cons of moving, uprooting your family, leaving your team, etc. with the pros of making a few extra MILLION DOLLARS.... along with increased chances of winning a Superbowl with less hassles.....I might be willing to uproot my family  :'(

On a similar note, if someone from Denver dangled $10 Million in front of Greg's eyes, you think next season you might hear a new podcast start out with, "WELCOME BRONCO NATION.....TO THE BRONCO NATION PODCAST....and I'm your host.....BRONCO GREG!" ? :D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:36:10 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »
Listen to the panicky fans.  You don't know how free agency is going until after a CBA is announced.  So chill with the doomsday ranting.  
Give me one good reason why any of these players would want to come back here?????????????????  And if $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is their only motivation then that is a really crappy answer.................but if they want to win then tell me..............................................would you want to play in OAKLAND if you are in search of a ring????????????????????????????????

How about this for a reason why players would want to stay with the Raiders.....because it's their team. They feel like we do....that the Raiders are the ONLY team to support....they BLEED Silver and Black, just like we do. Loyalty, regardless of money, regardless of any negatives that might go along with the organization. Who wants to play for the Texans, or the Jets, or the Patriots? It just wouldn't be the same. It would be like one of us deciding we're going to switch and become a Broncos fan. Could you do it? They started something in Oakland, and they aren't going to stop until they finish what they started and get the Raiders back on top. Superbowl Champions! Right? Can't you see that as a possible reason?

I agree, but tell me what you would do if you could go to a different station and make the same amount of $ or more and have to not deal with a really shitty captain who just makes really stupid decisions?

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:45:29 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
Reason one, they are comfortable where they are, home, community, etc.
Reason two, unlike mcDonalds, there are very limited jobs at positions in the NFL
Reason three, going someplace else isn't always the best move.(SEE ALBERT HAYNESWORTH).  Most players don't get to pick and choose where they want to go, even free agents.  A team needs to have a need for that player/position.  Also depending on the CBA is the Salary cap.  So teams can't afford to get everyone they want.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:30:37 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
Listen to the panicky fans.  You don't know how free agency is going until after a CBA is announced.  So chill with the doomsday ranting. 
Give me one good reason why any of these players would want to come back here?????????????????  And if $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is their only motivation then that is a really crappy answer.................but if they want to win then tell me..............................................would you want to play in OAKLAND if you are in search of a ring????????????????????????????????

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Raiders Players
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:15 PM »
Listen to the panicky fans.  You don't know how free agency is going until after a CBA is announced.  So chill with the doomsday ranting. 

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
Raiders Players
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 11:48:57 AM »
Just when I didn't think the offseason could get any worse.....

Let's face it, we all saw this coming.  As a huge Nnamdi fan and recent owner of his authentic jersey (gulp $$) how can you pay him the average of the top 5 QBs? You can't...you just can't.  I love Nnamdi (reasons others have posted hellraider, sully, raiderwilde, rodney) shutting down half the field, but how many turnovers does he get us per game? How many times per game has he given our O the ball? Not many....is he worth 1 million per game?

For the record the contract voided itself....Al didn't void the contract nor did Nnamdi.  Incentives were not reached and that triggered the void of the contract which both parties signed off on. Does it suck? Yes it sucks....when he walks and HE WILL (wouldn't you?) the flood gates will open and I see the whole makeup of our team changing.

This sucks...love that guy....

That is the Thing about him. He creates turnovers without having to do it himself. He shuts down their best receiver. Therefore quaterbacks have to throw to the second and third choices which as we saw this year we had interceptions and caused fumbles which most number 1 wideouts would not commit. He also, before injured, contained the outside on runs, he was, before injured, a great tackler. So yes to me he is worth it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:29:06 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 10:33:40 PM »

My question is this: Could Nnamdi by rule actually leave today and join the post season Jets? Is that even possible?

The free agency period hasn't started yet (and may not if the isn't progress on the CBA before March), and the trading deadline is long past.

Here's something I just ran across.....a Vikings fan website....and people are talking about Nnamdi saying stuff like,
"Please, this is a guy we really need to sign !!!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=63&f=1554&t=7015676&p=1
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:59:12 PM by Randy »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Raiders Players
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »

"THANK GOD WE HAVE DHB SIGNED.......I WAS WORRIED WE WOULD LOSE HIM TOO......."
Thanks for that Greg, I really needed a good laugh while I'm so fucking pissed.

The old man is going to sell them ALL off for draft picks and they'll all be gone.
Our team will be all but dismantled starting with Cable and Nnamdi.
My question is this: Could Nnamdi by rule actually leave today and join the post season Jets? Is that even possible?
 Hug all of your favorite players bye bye because they're all history and I'm so pissed right now that I may be forced to hang Davis in effigy before this day is over!
Fuck me!!  >:(

There is no way to defend that piece of shit anymore.  He is the worst owner in pro football, period.  I wont listen to anyone trying to defend him anymore.
Davis is not responsible for the nnamdi deal.  That is part of the contract.  But the ripple effect of the Cable firing will haunt this team for years to come......................... :'( :'( :'( :'(
I'M TIRED OF THIS AL DAVIS/OAKLAND-ALAMEDA DRAMA AGAIN...JUST MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL >:( >:(
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »

The old man is going to sell them ALL off for draft picks and they'll all be gone.
 Hug all of your favorite players bye bye because they're all history and I'm so pissed right now that I may be forced to hang Davis in effigy before this day is over!

There is no way to defend that piece of shit anymore.  He is the worst owner in pro football, period.  I wont listen to anyone trying to defend him anymore.
Davis is not responsible for the nnamdi deal.  That is part of the contract.  But the ripple effect of the Cable firing will haunt this team for years to come......................... :'( :'( :'( :'(

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
Raiders Players
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »

It voids the remaining years of his contract.  He can't go any where right now. So to answer your question he must wait with everyone else until free agency opens.

Thanks NC.....and with the first pick of the 2012 draft, the Oakland Raiders select.....JaMarcus Heyward-Fuck-You (under the tutelage new head coach Denny Green or Jim Fassell after Al fires Jackson for going 0-16 or for CAUSE?)
He ought to fire himself for fucking CAUSE!

Offline Raider Frank

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »
It will be up to Nnamdi whether or not he wants to put up with the indecision mess that is the Oakland Raiders. Does he want a chance at a ring or does he want to continue his career in a Raiders uniform. Charles Woodson hasn’t fared any worse or better but at least he’s had chances to get to the Bowl. The Packers have been playoff team.

We would all like to keep him but can we blame him.
If he does leave does that open the flood gates for Miller, Bush, etc....

Yeah, Al does have magic up his sleeves, but that hasn’t brought a winning team, GM, playoffs or anything else.

He claims he wants to win but we’ve all seen the stories claiming that he’s also low on the funds.

Let’s hope he stays.

Raider Frank
Raider Nation!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 05:47:06 PM »

It voids the remaining years of his contract.  He can't go any where right now. So to answer your question he must wait with everyone else until free agency opens.

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
Raiders Players
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:33:52 PM by Raider Bob from Knoxville »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »

Let's face it we all saw this coming.  As a huge Nnamdi fan and recent owner of his authentic jersey (gulp $$) how can you pay him the average of the top 5 qbs? You can't...you just can't.  I love Nnamdi (reasons others have posted hellraider, sully, raiderwilde, rodney) shutting down half the field, but how many turnovers does he get us per game? How many times per game has he given our O the ball? Not many....is he worth 1 million per game?

For the record the contract voided itself....Al didn't void the contract and nor did Nnamdi.  Incentives were not reached and that triggered the void of the contract which both parties signed off on.  Does it suck? Yes it sucks....when he walks and HE WILL (wouldn't you?) the flood gates will open and I see the whole make up of our team changing.

THANK GOD WE HAVE DHB SIGNED.......I WAS WORRIED WE WOULD LOSE HIM TOO........UUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGG! AL FUCKING DAVIS HAS FINALLY HAD A STROKE......NOT THE KIND THAT WILL tweak YOUR BODY BUT SCREW YOUR HEAD......somewhere AL IS BEING FED gruel BY John HERRERA AND HIS ASS IS BEING WIPED BY MIKE TAYLOR.......THESE GUYS ARE THE HENCHMEN THAT TELL AL "EVERYONE ELSE IS STUPID"...."YOU ARE STILL THE GREAT ONE AL".....WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKED UP BOOOOOWLSHIT!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:31:51 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »

Let's face it, we all saw this coming.  As a huge Nnamdi fan and recent owner of his authentic jersey (gulp $$) how can you pay him the average of the top 5 QBs? You can't...you just can't.  I love Nnamdi (reasons others have posted hellraider, sully, raiderwilde, rodney) shutting down half the field, but how many turnovers does he get us per game? How many times per game has he given our O the ball? Not many....is he worth 1 million per game?

For the record the contract voided itself....Al didn't void the contract nor did Nnamdi.  Incentives were not reached and that triggered the void of the contract which both parties signed off on. Does it suck? Yes it sucks....when he walks and HE WILL (wouldn't you?) the flood gates will open and I see the whole makeup of our team changing.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:30:09 PM by Randy »

raidersully

Raiders Players
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
I woudnt put too much on this Nnamdi contract thing. We all know, even at his age, Al Davis got a lot up his sleeves and never fails to amaze us, tho lately (more like several years) its with wrong moves. Im pretty sure Al wont let his best and most loyal Raider walk away just like that.
Dude, he can go get the same type of $$$$$ from any other team and not have to deal with any bullshit........would you want to stay and get your teeth kicked in by stupid management decisions while making lots of $$$$$$ or would you rather go make lots of $$$$$$$$$ and be a part of an organization that is stable and wins..............................................?
Ur right HellBro, the only thing missing in NNamdi's career is a ring. And correct me if im wrong, but 2 years ago Nnamdi signed a contract and at that time the Raiders were coming off a 5-11(6 straight losing)season with a young HC thats way over his head. Everyone was calling the Raiders the most dysfunctional team in all of sports. It wasnt the best scenario yet Nnamdi came back. The '10 Raiders (swept the AFC West)are a much better team than the '09, im pretty sure Nnamdi knows that. If he decides to take off all i can say is good luck and thanx. Ill still be on Mt. Davis.

All of what you said is true. The only difference is (as I showed with two videos in the Coaching Thread) Nnamdi specifically cited Cable's return as something that was a must at helping this team continue to get better. Cable is no longer there. So I doubt after one year his mind will change. But that remains to be seen. Let's hope for the best.

If there is one good thing Al has shown over these past seven horrible seasons is that money is no object when it come to resigning players he wants. But I am not sure money is the only motivation for Nnamdi.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:28:45 PM by Randy »

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

Raiders Players
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »
I woudnt put too much on this Nnamdi contract thing. We all know, even at his age, Al Davis got a lot up his sleeves and never fails to amaze us, tho lately (more like several years) its with wrong moves. Im pretty sure Al wont let his best and most loyal Raider walk away just like that.
Dude, he can go get the same type of $$$$$ from any other team and not have to deal with any bullshit........would you want to stay and get your teeth kicked in by stupid management decisions while making lots of $$$$$$ or would you rather go make lots of $$$$$$$$$ and be a part of an organization that is stable and wins..............................................?
Ur right HellBro, the only thing missing in NNamdi's career is a ring. And correct me if im wrong, but 2 years ago Nnamdi signed a contract and at that time the Raiders were coming off a 5-11 (6 straight losing) season with a young HC that's way over his head. Everyone was calling the Raiders the most dysfunctional team in all of sports. It wasn't the best scenario, yet Nnamdi came back. The '10 Raiders (swept the AFC West) are a much better team than the '09, I'm pretty sure Nnamdi knows that. If he decides to take off all I can say is good luck and thanx. I'll still be on Mt. Davis.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:27:50 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 12:55:39 PM »

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

Raiders Players
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 12:49:05 PM »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Players
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
You all are fucked in the head if you think he is going to stay after this latest bullshit!  The rest will fall like a house of cards.........................................................hello 3-13 without these great players we had last year................................Thank alot AL..............................................You are a GIANT DINOSAUR SIZED DICKHEAD AND CLEARLY ONE OF THE WORST OWNERS IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL NOW!  THANK GOD IVE GOT HOCKEY TO GET ME THROUGH THE SUMMER NOW!  
YEP..........Gotta say the same for me......We get a chance to see who will throw the $$$ at him and everyone else because "AL DAVIS TAKES AS MUCH TIME TO SIGN A PLAYER AS HE DOES TAKING A CRAP" TOO FUCKING LONG!!!! WE ARE ALWAYS LAST TO SIGN PLAYERS AND COACHES AND THIS SEASON THE PLAYERS HAVE A HUGE EDGE.....THEY PLAYED VERY WELL.....SHOW CASED their TALENTS FOR PROSPECTIVE TEAMS. ITS TIME FOR AL TO JUST FUCKIN GO......IF THIS HOUSE OF CARDS DOES FALL.....THIS WILL BE THE END OF MY SEASON TICKETS.....I CANNOT WATCH THIS CRAP KNOWING HOW FUCKED UP THE OFFICE IS.......YOU GUYS KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT A GM AND THIS IS YET ANOTHER REASON TO HAVE ONE.....AN OFFICE GENERAL WHO KNOWS HOW TO SIGN PLAYERS AND KEEP THEM HAPPY......AL HAS LOST HIS FUCKIN MIND THIS TIME.....NOT cheap....JUST STUPID......HIS AGE HAS caught UP WITH HIM.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:25:44 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Raiders Players
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 12:36:55 PM »
You all are fucked in the head if you think he is going to stay after this latest bullshit!  The rest will fall like a house of cards.........................................................hello 3-13 without these great players we had last year................................Thanks alot AL..............................................You are a GIANT DINOSAUR SIZED DICKHEAD AND CLEARLY ONE OF THE WORST OWNERS IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL NOW!  THANK GOD IVE GOT HOCKEY TO GET ME THROUGH THE SUMMER NOW!  
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:42:50 PM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
Raiders Players
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »
We need to lock up NNamdi long time like Lawrence Taylor touching minors long term.

Hopefully NNamdi sees the progress we've made and is happy to buy into the Hue Jackson regime. But it's going to be a long offseason for us all.

raidersully

Raiders Players
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »

Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943

We all knew it was going to happen. Well the roller coaster off-season has begun. Let's all hope we retain him. His loss as a player and as a leader would be extremely detrimental to this team and the progress it has made. If there is anything that is a MUST this year. It is the resigning of Nnamdi.

Haha beat me too it :p

Yeah if we don't get him signed I'm afraid the flood gates will open and several others will be out the door :(

Agreed. Let's hope for the best though.

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
Raiders Players
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »

Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943

We all knew it was going to happen. Well the roller coaster off-season has begun. Let's all hope we retain him. His loss as a player and as a leader would be extremely detrimental to this team and the progress it has made. If there is anything that is a MUST this year. It is the resigning of Nnamdi.

Haha beat me too it :p

Yeah if we don't get him signed I'm afraid the flood gates will open and several others will be out the door :(