Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 99101 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Cumbie wants to play in opener vs Denver...
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2011, 04:19:40 AM »
oh wait a minute.....this isn't Cumbie. It's Gumby. Never mind.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:27:39 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Pryor's lawyer appealed ban without consent? (Adam Schefter)
« Reply #353 on: September 05, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!
Re: Kevin Boss may not be ready for home opener
« Reply #351 on: September 05, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
AND WE HAVE THE "MOTHER" OF ALL BAFOONERY buffoonery.......SHANE LECHLER AS OUR #3 QB......AND YOU THOUGHT WE WERE NOT THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NFL......UNTIL NOW....WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE! THIS TEAM IS FUCKED UP BUYOND beyond WORDS.....THIS AGAIN HAS THE CROOKED LITTLE FINGERS OF THE KRIPT crypt KEEPER HIMSELF...WHY DID WE NOT BUILD ON LAST YEAR.....WTF....WE WERE SO CLOSE TO A WINNING SEASON.....THREE STEPS BACKWARDS...
WOW Greg you are making me hurt from laughing.... You're right this QB thing has turned into a circus.... But before you drop the 3 steps backwards thing let's wait till week 6 before you drop that.... Cause what happens if they go 4-2 or better?.... what will be the tune then? ...... Hell even 3-3 after that first 5 game stretch.... Would you still feel a 3 steps backwards feeling?  We got TONS of talent and by default we should win at least 6-7 games but if DMC stays healthy and takes his game to another level I like our chances this year!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:53:31 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #350 on: September 05, 2011, 01:36:02 PM »
Jackson was asked how he wound up with six running backs (including fullback Marcel Reece), seven wide receivers and four tight ends, including two rookies.

"They say I'm an offensive coach, right?" Jackson said with a laugh.

Another reason that the Raiders kept four tight ends: Jackson said there is a chance starter Kevin Boss (knee) will not be ready for the opener

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/05/SP1A1KVQKH.DTL
AND WE HAVE THE "MOTHER" OF ALL BUFFOONERY.......SHANE LECHLER AS OUR #3 QB...

I think Al Davis is just trying to duplicate the stuff he did in the 70's and 80's. Remember who the Raiders "Emergency QB" always was back then? That's right, it was Ray Guy. I remember him going in a few times, and he did pretty well. I remember the commentators on TV always talking about what a good athlete he was, the way he would tackle kick returners if they made it past the kick return team.

Oh yeah, the Raiders had another kicker who made a pretty fair QB too. What was his name? George Blanda?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=jahIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=FQENAAAAIBAJ&pg=872,203787&dq=george-blanda&hl=en

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/58320275.html?dids=58320275:58320275&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Jun+03%2C+1987&author=MARK+HEISLER&pub=Los+Angeles+Times+%28pre-1997+Fulltext%29&desc=After+14+Lofty+Seasons%2C+Raiders%27+Ray+Guy+Retires+Nagging+Injuries+and+Declining+Punting+Average+Force+Him+to+Make+Decision&pqatl=google

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-06-03/sports/sp-2483_1_ray-guy
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:53:04 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #349 on: September 05, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »
Jackson was asked how he wound up with six running backs (including fullback Marcel Reece), seven wide receivers and four tight ends, including two rookies.

Another reason that the Raiders kept four tight ends: Jackson said there is a chance starter Kevin Boss (knee) will not be ready for the opener

AND WE HAVE THE "MOTHER" OF ALL BAFOONERY buffoonery.......SHANE LECHLER AS OUR #3 QB......AND YOU THOUGHT WE WERE NOT THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NFL......UNTIL NOW....WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE! THIS TEAM IS FUCKED UP BUYOND beyond WORDS.....THIS AGAIN HAS THE CROOKED LITTLE FINGERS OF THE KRIPT crypt KEEPER HIMSELF...WHY DID WE NOT BUILD ON LAST YEAR.....WTF....WE WERE SO CLOSE TO A WINNING SEASON.....THREE STEPS BACKWARDS...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:51:22 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Kevin Boss may not be ready for home opener
« Reply #348 on: September 05, 2011, 09:02:06 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Who is the Raiders #3 QB? Shane Lechler...
« Reply #347 on: September 05, 2011, 08:53:24 AM »
Hue Jackson was asked during Sunday's press conference, "who is the Raiders #3 emergency quarterback?" The answer turned out to be a 6-time pro bowler who has never thrown a pass in an NFL game.

"His name is Shane Lechler, and he's pretty good...I trust him...He takes snaps...he's done it all. I know he can get it done in a pinch if we need him to.", answered Coach Jackson.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:57:37 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Practice Squad List: 8 cuts brought back…
« Reply #346 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:43 AM »
The Oakland Raiders practice squad is set following eight signings on Sunday.
All eight were cut by the team Saturday afternoon as they trimmed their roster to the 53-man limit.

The following eight players make up the Raiders practice squad: TE Kevin Brock, DE Mason Brodine, DT Jamie Cumbie, LB Jeremy Leman, OL Alex Parsons, WR Eddie McGee, CB Sterling Moore and FB Manase Tonga.
(what? No Sam Williams? ???)

There had been some scuttle the team would sign a quarterback to the eight-man squad.
However, Terrelle Pryor’s decision to appeal his five-game suspension may have altered the team’s plans.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/oakland-raiders-practice-squad-list-8-cuts-brought-back/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:38:18 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders bring back Ricky Brown, cut Seth Wand to make room
« Reply #345 on: September 05, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »
"...Brown was signed to an undisclosed contract on Saturday after he was among the New England Patriots cuts..."

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/oakland-raiders-bring-back-ricky-brown-cut-seth-wand/

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Raiders Players (Cuts, Trades, Injuries, rumors, etc)
« Reply #344 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:56 AM »
Deadspin (sports version of TMZ I guess) is reported TP scored a 7 on his wonderlic test.

Worderlic test is only one factor used in basing a decision like, height, weight, speed, etc.. Many argue it's validness to play QB but like I said it's another piece of the evaluation process.

BTW - Alex Smith of the whiners scored a 40.

Pryor = Jabusto.....Thats my take...You make your own mind up...This kid DID NOT FEEL SORRY FOR SHIT! He took the money and RAN..."I feel bad for the Coach" Bowlshit! The very next thing out of his mouth was...."I have to move on with my life" What a selfish Bitch....Not...I feel for his family and his reputation or anything that you would say after ENDING somone elses entire career....NOPE.....LOSER! Until he proves me wrong....
     Raider greg,
I am a HUGE Ohio State fan-after Pryor was out selling 20 items from the equipment department at ohio state....he sank the ohio state ship, got Tressel fired-hosed the Osu program.That selfish SOB only cares about hisself...period,end of report...he didn;t give a Damm about ohio State nor the program...nor Tressel!!!
     I Finally thought i was over with hearing about that A_HOLE!!!! then i hear the raiders drafted him...i just want that jerk out of my life!!

tressell got tressel fired.  He lied and withheld info.  Pryor wasn't the only OSU player doing what he did.  They bought pryor out of high school.  Tressell ran a dirty program.  How about blaming the adult in the room.  Who gives a shit what he did in college.  Many superstars in the NFL took money and such in college.  That shouldn't matter nor should Pryor be suspended.  Tressell sank the OSU ship not any one player
So you LOVE the Pryor move do you......Oh great one....Please tell your minions why Pryor will be the greatest football player EVER.....Come off it Millerlite.....The kid is a punk strait up....Never said Tressel was clean just that this clown we wasted a 3rd round pick is a spoiled punk that cares for himself.....ONLY.....Come on Millerlite....Share your wisdom....... :P

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #343 on: September 05, 2011, 12:49:34 AM »
Sheppard got cut.  I guess Rod Woodson is going to have to find a helmet that fits.  Maybe we can convince 9 fingers Ronnie out of retirement

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #342 on: September 05, 2011, 12:47:23 AM »
Deadspin (sports version of TMZ I guess) is reported TP scored a 7 on his wonderlic test.

Worderlic test is only one factor used in basing a decision like, height, weight, speed, etc.. Many argue it's validness to play QB but like I said it's another piece of the evaluation process.

Pryor = Jabusto.....Thats my take...You make your own mind up...This kid DID NOT FEEL SORRY FOR SHIT! He took the money and RAN..."I feel bad for the Coach" Bowlshit! The very next thing out of his mouth was...."I have to move on with my life" What a selfish Bitch....Not...I feel for his family and his reputation or anything that you would say after ENDING somone elses entire career....NOPE.....LOSER! Until he proves me wrong....
     Raider greg,
I am a HUGE Ohio State fan-after Pryor was out selling 20 items from the equipment department at ohio state....he sank the ohio state ship, got Tressel fired-hosed the Osu program.That selfish SOB only cares about hisself...period,end of report...he didn;t give a Damm about ohio State nor the program...nor Tressel!!!
     I Finally thought i was over with hearing about that A_HOLE!!!! then i hear the raiders drafted him...i just want that jerk out of my life!!

tressell got tressel fired.  He lied and withheld info.  Pryor wasn't the only OSU player doing what he did.  They bought pryor out of high school.  Tressell ran a dirty program.  How about blaming the adult in the room.  Who gives a shit what he did in college.  Many superstars in the NFL took money and such in college.  That shouldn't matter nor should Pryor be suspended.  Tressell sank the OSU ship not any one player

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:16:27 PM by Randy »

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #340 on: September 04, 2011, 02:52:24 PM »

Raider greg,

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Comments on Raiders cuts by Raiders beat writer Jerry McDonald...
« Reply #339 on: September 04, 2011, 02:36:05 AM »
http://www.marinij.com/raiders/ci_18824215

note the one comment he made, "Sam Williams has been cut in previous years and been signed at a later date."

So we may not have seen the last of old Sam. ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:52:33 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
List of the 26 players cut by the Raiders to get to 53
« Reply #338 on: September 04, 2011, 02:14:51 AM »
Here is the 53 man roster:
http://www.raiders.com/team/roster.html

The 26 players cut were:

QB Trent Edwards, RB Louis Rankin; FB Manase Tonga; WRs Shaun Bodiford,  Shawn Bayes, Chad Jackson and Eddie McGee; TE Kevin Brock; OLs Daniel Loper, Alex Parsons and Roy Schuening; DLs Mason Brodine, Tommie Hill, Jamie Cumbie and Derrick Hill; LBs Sam Williams, Chris Francis, Bani Gbadyu and Jeremy Leman; CBs Lito Sheppard, Walter McFadden ;D, Sterling Moore and Jeremy Ware; S Stevie Brown and Matt Giordano; and P Glenn Pakulak.

http://www.raiders.com/team/transactions.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/03/SP1A1KVQQU.DTL&tsp=1
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:53:50 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #337 on: September 04, 2011, 02:11:05 AM »
we should pick up ogemdi nwagbuo and seyi ajirotutu, who were cut by the chargers, just so greg would have to say their names. i have high standards for this team.

I love it Robert!!!  ;D

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: FINALLY.. BYE BYE SAM WILLIAMS
« Reply #336 on: September 04, 2011, 12:52:22 AM »
Thats because he got replaced with Kyle "suck balls" Boller...Al Davis new favorite son!... ;)

I AM NOW SURE WE WILL SUCK DIRTY BALLS THIS SEASON.....TRENT EDWARDS CUT FOR.......TAAAAA DAAAAAA TERRELLE PRIOR....EDWARDS THE BETTER OF THE TWO GOT AXED AND MR INT IS IN FOR THE SEASON...WATCH HIM, WITH CAMPBELL WE ARE A SMALL INJURY AWAY FROM WATCHING THIS CLOWN BLOW.....DAVIS NEEDS TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF ALAMEDA.....THE HOWARD HUGHS OF FOOTBALL MUST STEP DOWN!!! THIS FUCKIN TEAM.....HUE "MR BUBBLES" BETTER START WORKING ON EXCUSES NOW BECAUSE HE IS GONNA NEED THEM....FUCK :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #335 on: September 03, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
Thats because he got replaced with Kyle "suck balls" Boller...Al Davis new favorite son!... ;)
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #334 on: September 03, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
we should pick up ogemdi nwagbuo and seyi ajirotutu, who were cut by the chargers, just so greg would have to say their names. i have high standards for this team.

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #333 on: September 03, 2011, 09:24:26 PM »
U just got cut..

YES!!!

HAHAHAHA  :) :) Al Davis's bitch is finally gone thank god he was just a waste of space

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
FINALLY.. BYE BYE SAM WILLIAMS
« Reply #332 on: September 03, 2011, 09:16:51 PM »
U just got cut..

YES!!!

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »
Know Stevie Brown CB and Jeremy Ware have been cut three loses from the 2010 nfl draft

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »
wow cant believe this one the raiders cut lito sheppard and walter mcfadden

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
Raiders Players (Cuts, Trades, Injuries, rumors, etc)
« Reply #329 on: September 03, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »
The Pats released Ricky Brown, and the Raiders need a LB ... will they bring Brown back?

Lance Briggs wants out....wouldn't mind Briggs, McClain and whimbleyas our lb unit

Offline Tokai Raider

Return of Ricky Brown
« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »
The Pats released Ricky Brown, and the Raiders need a LB ... will they bring Brown back?

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #326 on: August 31, 2011, 10:26:44 PM »
Okay, I take that back....I didn't see the entire test.. ::)...maybe not all 3rd or 4th grade material.

Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975

Pryor's Wonderlic test: "The report of a seven test score is erroneous," says test giver, Steeler's GM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6914510/terrelle-pryor-wonderlic-score-better-7-says-pittsburgh-steelers-gm

Hey, you know they have the Wonderlic test online. Maybe we should do a Wonderlic league and post the results on here.  ;D

Here are some samples of the types of questions they ask you:
http://www.personality-and-aptitude-career-tests.com/sample-wonderlic-test.html

(seems pretty damned easy to me....I just took it and got them all right. Can't imagine only getting 7!)

by the way, it says on this website that Dan Marino got a 14. Well, that's not too high, but I guess it is twice as high as a 7! Former Raiders QB Vince Evans got an 8.

They also have posted the average team scores of a few teams. The Raiders scored 23.3. The 49ers scored 21.7.

http://www.personality-and-aptitude-career-tests.com/nfl-wonderlic-test.html

Nice...deadspin for ya....the kid is under the microscope and obviously some are looking for anything to bring the him down.

Thanks for the link Randy....i am curious in taking the test. I gotta beat Terry Bradshaw......

If Pryor had trouble with a test like that you can only assume he is an idiot......if I had to guess I'd put those questions in the 3rd to 4th level elementary school level. We aren't all rocket scientists on this forum, but did any of you get one problem wrong?
Can this be an accurate sample of what gave our new quarterback so much trouble?
If it is, they should have made him wear #2 instead of forbidding him to wear it!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer

Pryor's Wonderlic test: "The report of a seven test score is erroneous," says test giver, Steeler's GM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6914510/terrelle-pryor-wonderlic-score-better-7-says-pittsburgh-steelers-gm

Hey, you know they have the Wonderlic test online. Maybe we should do a Wonderlic league and post the results on here.  ;D

(seems pretty damned easy to me....I just took it and got them all right. Can't imagine only getting 7!)

by the way, it says on this website that Dan Marino got a 14. Well, that's not too high, but I guess it is twice as high as a 7! Former Raiders QB Vince Evans got an 8.

They also have posted the average team scores of a few teams. The Raiders scored 23.3. The 49ers scored 21.7.

Nice...deadspin for ya....the kid is under the microscope and obviously some are looking for anything to bring the him down.

Thanks for the link Randy....i am curious in taking the test. I gotta beat Terry Bradshaw......
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:55:14 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

by the way, it says on this website that Dan Marino got a 14 or 16. Well, that's not too high, but I guess it is twice as high as a 7! Former Raiders QB Vince Evans got an 8. Vince Young scored a 6 on his first attempt.

They also have posted the average team scores of a few NFL teams. The Raiders scored 23.3. The 49ers scored 21.7.

this describes the test pretty wellhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_Test

and here's an interesting predictor for the future success of a quarterback, based on Wonderlic plus a few other factors:

"John P. Lopez of Sports Illustrated proposes a 26-27-60 rule to predict a quarterback's success in the NFL: At least a 26 on the Wonderlic, at least 27 college starts, and at least 60% pass completion, and lists several examples of successes and failures based on the rule."

the bottom line I guess?:

"a 2009 study by Brian D. Lyons, Brian J. Hoffman, and John W. Michel found that Wonderlic test scores failed to positively and significantly predict future NFL performance for any position."

and here's an interesting thought....scoring TOO HIGH could be a problem too:

Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com observes that,

"scoring too high can be as much of a problem as scoring too low. Football coaches want to command the locker room. Being smarter than the individual players makes that easier. Having a guy in the locker room who may be smarter than every member of the coaching staff can be viewed as a problem — or at a minimum as a threat to the egos of the men who hope to be able when necessary to outsmart the players, especially when trying in some way to manipulate them."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:35:51 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Raiders sign 10-year vet and 2-time Pro Bowl CB Lito Sheppard
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2011, 09:11:25 PM »
Raiders sign former 1st rounder, 10-year vet and 2-time Pro Bowl CB Lito Sheppard
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Sign-CB-Lito-Sheppard/0258656b-939c-47f3-852b-f64ed70e4230

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/31199/raiders-bring-in-veteran-cb-sheppard

Is it a good move?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-9027193

Randy, it was either sign sheppard or activate Rod Woodson

or they could do what Greg talked about in one of his shows.....shove some of Rod Woodson's DNA up some DB's ASS!

Offline RaiderRay

• Hall Of Famer
  • Proud member of the ONLY Nation, the Raider Nation
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »

7!  That is sad.  Most teams want at least a 21 for a quarterback...

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!

Offline Millernation

• millernation

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #317 on: August 31, 2011, 03:18:28 PM »

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:22:07 PM by NCRaider »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:53:28 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Re: Raiders sign CB Lito Sheppard
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2011, 07:16:45 PM »
Team announced the signing of former Pro Bowler Lito Sheppard via Twitter today. Finally some veteran depth at a position that needed it! Wish they would have done it sooner!

hallelujah!!! ;D  Not the best CB out there, but I welcome depth at the position because I AM TIRED OF WATCHING THE SECONDARY GET BURNED!!!

AMEN!  Great pick-up.  Some may say his best years are behind him as he is in his 9th year but a solid CB who might also bring some leadership to our young secondary.

At this point, I would settle for signing Elvis "Toast" Patterson

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2011, 05:53:21 PM »
Team announced the signing of former Pro Bowler Lito Sheppard via Twitter today. Finally some veteran depth at a position that needed it! Wish they would have done it sooner!

hallelujah!!! ;D  Not the best CB out there, but I welcome depth at the position because I AM TIRED OF WATCHING THE SECONDARY GET BURNED!!!

AMEN!  Great pick-up.  Some may say his best years are behind him as he is in his 9th year but a solid CB who might also bring some leadership to our young secondary. 
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline RaiderRay

• Hall Of Famer
  • Proud member of the ONLY Nation, the Raider Nation
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »

Raider Jake

Raiders sign CB Lito Sheppard
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2011, 03:00:59 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Terrelle Pryor signs 4 year deal with Raiders
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2011, 02:08:01 AM »
Latest Terrelle Pryor news:

Raiders.com Twitter:
 "QB Terrelle Pryor signs his contract. He will be on the field in Napa tomorrow morning"

http://twitter.com/#!/RAIDERS/statuses/106969063737143296

Sources: Terrelle Pryor, Raiders agree
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/6896664/oakland-raiders-terrelle-pryor-agree-4-year-deal

Terrelle Pryor is finally officially a Raider
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/43915/terrelle-pryor-is-finally-officially-a-raider

What does Pryor mean to Campbell?
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/31138/what-does-pryor-mean-to-campbell
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:12:00 AM by Randy »

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
Re: Pryor #2?
« Reply #310 on: August 24, 2011, 06:09:07 PM »
 I don't know about the rest of you but #2 seems permanently tainted. I hope Pryor has some forethought about this and takes any other # available.
Or maybe it turns out #2 will suit him.....hmmmm.
He sure as hell is fast.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
What about jersey number? They both wore #2 didn't they?

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/08/22/pryor-russell-comparisons-are-laughable/

and here's the difference in the T-shirts they both wear:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:09:29 AM by Randy »

SmogRaider

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:31:13 PM by Randy »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
It puts a talent on the field that coordinators have to gameplan for. 

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »
Pryor is an athlete.  I do remember a georgia qb who was turned into a wide receiver and did pretty damn good.  Superbowl MVP matter of fact.  He has been a athlete playing QB.  What can it hurt.  Our current QB is better than our receivers.  We have a greater need at receiver.  Welcome Slash 2.0

http://youtu.be/xlFVM_Y8f-Y

http://youtu.be/ryyNj5HFjA0

http://youtu.be/MEb5-Rxw7uU