Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 98563 times)

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Injuries, Cuts, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #404 on: October 18, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »
I'm personally glad we didn't trade a few of our wideouts or anyone else in the deal.  I'd much rather trade picks for proven players ;)

I remember not long ago several of you screaming we needed another WR but I believed we had a great bunch of young guys that would improve. 

Now our secondary is our weakest link...and again I see a bunch of young guys that seem to be consistently improving.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the move for Palmer places us in the drivers seat for a good solid team for years to come!  The rest of the AFC better take note....we are coming...and we are coming hard Nation!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Absolutely.  I'll take proven players as well.  Seymour worked out pretty damn good... 8)

Lately, we have been finding gems in the latter rounds anyway.  But potentially two 1st rounders is hefty.  Palmer better deliver.  I hope he can.

I was one of the ones screaming for a veteran WR.  Well....so far this season, it's DHB :P :P :P
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #403 on: October 18, 2011, 04:06:34 PM »
             I think Palmer was the Best qb available before the trade deadline>i would rather have Palmer than Donovan Mcnabb.Did we give up to much to get carson(probably).We all will agree that the Raiders should have addressed the qb situation during this years draft.Then we would have been giving up high drafts picks to acquire Palmer.You have to give the Raiders staff kuddos for having teh STONES to make a splash and get Palmer.We have a shot at winning the division and at LEAST a wild card.If we didn;t go Out and get Palmer then we would be ALOT worse off.this is the kin of trade that Al davis would have done(that he did do).I like the Raiders fortunes better with Palmer than with Boller.Your thoughts?RAIDEERRSS!!!:O)

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #402 on: October 18, 2011, 04:06:09 PM »
I'm personally glad we didn't trade a few of our wideouts or anyone else in the deal.  I'd much rather trade picks for proven players ;)

I remember not long ago several of you screaming we needed another WR but I believed we had a great bunch of young guys that would improve. 

Now our secondary is our weakest link...and again I see a bunch of young guys that seem to be consistently improving.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the move for Palmer places us in the drivers seat for a good solid team for years to come!  The rest of the AFC better take note....we are coming...and we are coming hard Nation!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #401 on: October 18, 2011, 03:59:05 PM »
Anyone else think the raiders might have been planning this move for season end but had their hand forced with campbell's injury? Seemed to come together real quick for such a major trade.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #400 on: October 18, 2011, 03:11:25 PM »
It is the best option the raiders had.  I do worry about how it creates a QB controversy next year.  But fuck it.   the best QB will win the job.  Funny how our backup last year is the Cincy back up this year and we get their starting Qb last year.  I don't think he will be ready for sunday.  We could have used the bye week this week.  Then again, playing the chefs this year is like having a bye week
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:37:48 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
PFT Live - "All Raiders-Bengals Show" today (Video link)
« Reply #399 on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
Pro Football Talk Live - Today Oct. 18th

An "All Raiders-Bengals Show"
They pre-empted the topics they had planned for today's show and devoted it to the Palmer trade.

http://hqplayer.nbcsports.com/Player.html?PID=44

Guests....Jay Glazer (Fox Sports), Joe Reedy (Cincinnati Inquirer), Paul Gutierrez (Comcast Bay Area)

They talk about:

Jay Glazer says he broke the story and tells what he knows about the trade details
• History of Palmer's problems with the Bengals and owner Mike Brown
• Was Campbell the Raiders long-term plan for QB?
• What does this mean for Terrelle Pryor?
• Were the trade terms worth it for the Raiders?
• Hue Jackson's relationship with Carson Palmer

Joe Reedy on why Mike Brown made Palmer trade
• The rookie wage scale and how it will save money on the Bengals' 1st round picks
• Good deal for both sides...."Al Davis is up there smiling"

Paul Gutierrez, Raiders' beat reporter.... opinion on trade
• What other QBs were the Raiders considering?
• How much of a learning curve will Palmer have? Al Saunders' huge playbook.
• Raiders built on running game.
• Palmer makes first start vs Broncos after bye week?
• How much does Terrelle Pryor know about the playbook?
• Palmer can help develop Terrelle Pryor
• Palmer's salary vs Raiders cap space
• Raiders season depends on their two games against the Chargers
• Raiders draft picks in 2012 and 2013...maybe get compensatory picks for losing some players
• Trade is a polarizing move in Raider Nation....fans are either loving it or hating it
• Mark Davis/Hue Jackson relationship

http://hqplayer.nbcsports.com/Player.html?PID=44
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:39:22 PM by Randy »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Raiders Players (Cuts, Trades, Injuries, rumors, etc)
« Reply #397 on: October 18, 2011, 03:00:01 PM »
Yeah we overpaid and yeah it's risky but hellraider is right, he was the best option available. Chance worth taking IMO.

Another angle - think of the $$$ we'll save with no first rounders to pay. Might come in handy when franchising dmac comes around ;)

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Palmer
« Reply #396 on: October 18, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »
No not Mark...this has Hue's fingerprints all over it.  Jackson was the WR coach when he was in Cincy.  He better be ready...I am still shaking my head at this....

Agreed! Hue and Carson were working have been working together to get thiis deal done. TheyMve also been working out on the sidetoo.
MMMMHHHHHHHHHHH.........................so you would all be happy with Boller..........he sucks......................!!.......and if we are winning we wont be getting high first round draft picks anyways......................only if we start to lose will we really miss those picks......................He will be the best QB since GANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!period............and he is a TROJAN >>>>>>>>>>>>which makes his cock......ten feet long........................................!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bahaha!  10 foot long dong...hilarious.  Good to see you back on here dude.

Well, I like that the Raiders went after Palmer and he is the best option RIGHT NOW.  They have shown through this move that the Raiders want to win now.  This is exactly what Hue has been saying since Day 1.  No more, "Well, there's next year..."

But we'll now have a QB clusterfuck unless they are planning on cutting Campbell loose.

For what we gave, we better plan on having Carson a while...

Mike Brown of the Bengals is a cantankerous prick.  He got the better of the deal.  We got a QB with a career 86.9 rating.  That is pretty damn good.  However, does your boy still got gas in the tank?????
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Zeus

« Reply #395 on: October 18, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »
No not Mark...this has Hue's fingerprints all over it.  Jackson was the WR coach when he was in Cincy.  He better be ready...I am still shaking my head at this....

Agreed! Hue and Carson were working have been working together to get thiis deal done. TheyMve also been working out on the sidetoo.
MMMMHHHHHHHHHHH.........................so you would all be happy with Boller..........he sucks......................!!.......and if we are winning we wont be getting high first round draft picks anyways......................only if we start to lose will we really miss those picks......................He will be the best QB since GANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!period............and he is a TROJAN >>>>>>>>>>>>which makes his cock......ten feet long........................................!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm... No, where did you get I liked Kyle Boller from? Or even that I was unhappy with the deal.
Just assumed that you were not happy with the deal and would have wanted us to do nothing if it meant keeping the picks.........that seems to be the concensus of the forum so far.......Palmer is the best QB available........no doubt about it.............if we wanted him, then this is what we have to give up...................nobody else is better.....

Nope, I agree with you on him being the best QB option since Gannon. I'm thrilled that they picked him up. It's step, but it's all in on making the playoffs this year.  I love it!

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #394 on: October 18, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »

Umm... No, where did you get I liked Kyle Boller from? Or even that I was unhappy with the deal.
Just assumed that you were not happy with the deal and would have wanted us to do nothing if it meant keeping the picks.........that seems to be the concensus of the forum so far.......Palmer is the best QB available........no doubt about it.............if we wanted him, then this is what we have to give up...................nobody else is better.....

Zeus

« Reply #393 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2011, 01:54:26 PM »

Zeus

« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »

Agreed! Hue and Carson were working have been working together to get thiis deal done. They've also been working out on the side too. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:02:52 PM by Zeus »

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2011, 12:06:38 PM »
Not worth a 1st round...simply put. Draft wise we got fucked, but think...would you rather see #7 under center or Palmer? I know who my choice is.  I don't like Palmer, I never acknowledged him as a quality player. He's in that group of QBs like Hasselback, Bulger, T.Jackson etc... that you just don't recognize as quality QB's. We can all say how we feel about giving up high picks & I agree that we gave up too much...BUT that's in the future, we need to win now not scratch the season & hope for next year. Like I said I don't care for Palmer but now he's a Raider & I'm looking forward to seeing the guy who gives us the best chance to win on the field Sunday.

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #389 on: October 18, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:39:08 AM by Matty Raider »
- George Orwell

Offline RaiderJim75

• Rookie Member
  • It's Time To Take Back The Swagger
« Reply #388 on: October 18, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »
3 consecutive years without a 1st rounder will bite us in the ass.....  We need secondary help, Routt and Van Dyke/Johnson aren't very good.....Those picks could have strengthened our defense.  Palmer hasn't played football in over a year, it will take him at least a month to get into game shape, much less learn 1/4 of the playbook and get comfortable with all new receivers.  I've never been a fan of Palmer, Ive always thought he was overhyped just like that gold grilled jackass that's in New England now.  Belicheat must have called Mike Brown and told him how to tickle our fancy so they could slide one in.  2 first rounders for a guy with no knees, and not much time left.  Way to go Mark Jr.......

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Palmer is our new QB
« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
- George Orwell

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8233c392/article/raiders-expected-to-acquire-bengals-palmer-for-firstround-pick?module=HP11_headline_stack

Ok seriousyl, i understand we need a QB bad, but giving up a first rounder when we are already soooo short on picks next year. I mean i guess he could strut his stuff this year then we could trade him in the offseason for the first rounder or trade Jason if he shows to be better then him back but honestly who would want him for a first round pick. WOW, i dont know im on the fence on this. If we get him for a first round pick then he better take us straight to the playoffs man or else were gonna be in a huge shit storm come next year. We basically wont even be apart of the draft...haha. what do yall think?

SgtRaider in K-town

« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2011, 05:54:58 AM »
The Curry project:

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d823239ee/seahawks-absorb-currys-contract-as-part-of-raiders-trade/

I think this was a decent trade as Curry is a good Workhorse. He wasn't worth the hype of a 4th round pick but he should be a good Lb for us for a few seasons to come.

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #384 on: October 18, 2011, 05:27:41 AM »
Raiders haved signed Chinedum Ndukwe, but the thing i dont understand is i know this guuy is a good player but we dont need a safety we need a QUATERBACK. He played safety 7th round pick 6 ints in three seasons

Have fun pronouncing that one GREG...LOL.not for long tho. Where's the QB????? FUCK!!!

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!

damn. someone beat me to the post. chi-ne-dum n-duk-we. even better than chimdi chekwa, at least in terms of his name. maybe they signed him to the practice squad? with chekwa and johnson hurt, we need someone depth in the secondary...or they signed him for his name.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

« Reply #382 on: October 18, 2011, 12:45:16 AM »
Raiders haved signed Chinedum Ndukwe, but the thing i dont understand is i know this guuy is a good player but we dont need a safety we need a QUATERBACK. He played safety 7th round pick 6 ints in three seasons

Have fun pronouncing that one GREG...LOL.not for long tho. Where's the QB????? FUCK!!!

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #381 on: October 17, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »
Raiders haved signed Chinedum Ndukwe, but the thing i dont understand is i know this guuy is a good player but we dont need a safety we need a QUARTERBACK. He played safety 7th round pick 6 ints in three seasons
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:45:54 AM by Randy »

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

« Reply #380 on: October 17, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
Well fuck maaaan! Boller blows as he showed by overthrowing wide open receivers on numerous occasions during the game. Garrard sounds like he's out, McNabb (fuck that shit!) I don't understand why the Ben-gals are so uptight on Palmer, they haven't won jack with the guy & he's not that good, so screw them & their "who- dey" b.s. What the hell are we gonna do?!? This win really didn't feel like one due to our loss at QB. Gonna have to make something happen. I think we run the ball heavily the next two games, which we can win in doing so. Bruce would be a fine in this circumstance. Oh well.

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:46:27 AM by Randy »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2011, 06:00:38 PM »
i am keen for us to roll with Boller, keep the focus on the run game...even involve Taiwan Jones a little to keep the defense on edge.  Then throw Pryor into a few wildcat or other trick situations.  hue has a vast playbook to keep away from conventional QB led offense.  Our best option is to roll that way right now!

UNLESS we go out and trade for a GOOD solid QB, which would be silly and a waste of salary cap! JC will be the leader for few years, we have the abillity to win the next few without him. Just got to get behind whichever QB leads our team out!!

GO RAIDERS

So we roll with boller against kc.........and he sucks, or gets injured........what then? Trade deadline is passed and we're left with Pryor and.......Lechler?

At the very least, we need another body in.

TartanRaider

« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
i am keen for us to roll with Boller, keep the focus on the run game...even involve Taiwan Jones a little to keep the defense on edge.  Then throw Pryor into a few wildcat or other trick situations.  hue has a vast playbook to keep away from conventional QB led offense.  Our best option is to roll that way right now!

UNLESS we go out and trade for a GOOD solid QB, which would be silly and a waste of salary cap! JC will be the leader for few years, we have the abillity to win the next few without him. Just got to get behind whichever QB leads our team out!!

GO RAIDERS

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »
Mcnabb sucks......................he is washed up like a used tampon.............................dont even think about it........he is awful.....I have watched some of their games and bad wr's or not.....he is garbage......

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »
Well, there goes the Garrard option (back surgery). I'd take mcnabb over mcclown. Can't see the bungles giving up palmer unless we make a ridiculously good offer. They're digging their heels in on that one.

This is not good.

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #375 on: October 17, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »
well joe porter is cut, due to the reason to make room for pryor

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
                 hello,
I was listening to fox sports radio last night-its mike north with ex raider lincoln kennedy....i just heard about jason's injury....earlier i was hangin with my blues bud sheila at a mexican taqueria(then the Peter Frampton concert at the house of blues...)...anyway mike mentioned that jason was out for the season and that the raiders are actively pursuing carson palmer.I was able to get through and tell mike i thought Carson would be a "perfect" fit for the Raiders!!later Mike north mentioned the raider fans and 9er fans and the lions fans have been long suffering NFL fans and that he is Glad that these teams are doing better(after all the long suffering fans have been through with their respective teams.)..This fox  radio show is out of chicago(right before Jt the Bricks national radio show!!)...these two national radio show on fox sports are GREAT-and keep us long distance raider fans abreast-albeit on the radio-on the RAIDERSSSS!!!randy and Greg do a GREAT job on the RNP podcasts!!!:O)

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #373 on: October 17, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »
Option three is the stupidest descision we would make. He is a washed up nobody who is probaly worse than Kyle Boller. Number One or two is the one we need to pursue we can cut garrard at the end of the season and try and trade palmer next year.

Well genius, what do u do if Option #1 and #2 don't happen?  Sign Brett Farve? The vikings have had nice leads for most of their games by halftime.  He can still throw the ball downfield.  The raider receivers are much better than the viking receivers and Hue Jackson is a much better playcaller.  The vikings are dead this year and will want to start their rookie.
I would rather have kyle boller play at least he knows the offense

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #372 on: October 17, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »
Option three is the stupidest descision we would make. He is a washed up nobody who is probaly worse than Kyle Boller. Number One or two is the one we need to pursue we can cut garrard at the end of the season and try and trade palmer next year.

Well genius, what do u do if Option #1 and #2 don't happen?  Sign Brett Farve? The vikings have had nice leads for most of their games by halftime.  He can still throw the ball downfield.  The raider receivers are much better than the viking receivers and Hue Jackson is a much better playcaller.  The vikings are dead this year and will want to start their rookie. 

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #371 on: October 17, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
Option #1.  Trade for Palmer.  Goodbye Louis Murphy and/or chad Schil.  The Bengals could use another wide out.
Option #2.  Sign Garrard. 
Option #3.  Put a small package together including Murphy or shil because they need help at receiver for DONOVAN MCNABB.  The vikings are truly done this year due to no fault of McNabb.  Getting Palmer or Garrard will set up a Qb controversy next year when Campbell returns.  McNabb would only be here for the rest of the year.  He will retire after this year regardless of where he ends up.  I think he could manage this team the rest of the season and he can still throw the deep ball.   

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #370 on: October 17, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »
Option #1.  Trade for Palmer.  Goodbye Louis Murphy and/or chad Schil.  The Bengals could use another wide out.
Option #2.  Sign Garrard. 
Option #3.  Put a small package together including Murphy or shil because they need help at receiver for DONOVAN MCNABB.  The vikings are truly done this year due to no fault of McNabb.  Getting Palmer or Garrard will set up a Qb controversy next year when Campbell returns.  McNabb would only be here for the rest of the year.  He will retire after this year regardless of where he ends up.  I think he could manage this team the rest of the season and he can still throw the deep ball.   

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Source: Raiders pushing ‘hard’ for Carson Palmer trade
« Reply #369 on: October 17, 2011, 01:33:48 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Campbell out, so what now?
« Reply #368 on: October 17, 2011, 01:26:58 AM »
Well, Jason's collarbone is broken and he is out for the season.  So RNPers, what do we do?

Roll with Kyle?

Bring back Trent Edwards?

Go after Garrard or another FA?

For me, I would bring back Edwards.  He already knows the offense.  I have always thought he was a smart, competent QB. When he was in Buffalo, he got a bad rap but he had a shit line and the offense left much to be desired.  Kyle Boller is not the answer for QB the rest of the season.

It's already starting. You guys aren't the only ones asking these questions. Strange thing is, this discussion is on a KC website:

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/10/16/2494528/oakland-raiders-should-consider-david-garrard-over-kyle-boller

Adam Schefter agrees on David Garrard:
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/125722260609830912

and what about this rumor....anyone hear about the Raiders being interested in Carson Palmer?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag_Wu11R0axzcI0CNitgA05DubYF?slug=jc-cole_winners_losers_jason_campbell_carson_palmer_101611
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:38:59 AM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #367 on: October 16, 2011, 09:30:10 PM »
Well, Jason's collarbone is broken and he is out for the season.  So RNPers, what do we do?

Roll with Kyle?

For me, I would bring back Edwards.  He already knows the offense.  I have always thought he was a smart, competent QB. When he was in Buffalo, he got a bad rap but he had a shit line and the offense left much to be desired.  Kyle Boller is not the answer for QB the rest of the season.

I say go after Garrad and try and implement Pryor into a few plays a game like a wildcat thing. Garrad is better QB than Boller or Edwards in my opinion. In fact he is a lot like Campbell. If Pryor is the future then I say this is the opportunity to allow the future to start even if in a limited role.

No doubt Garrard is the better QB, I would rather keep the system we have rolling.  Trent knows the offense and wouldn't have a brand new face in the locker room.
- George Orwell

raidersully

« Reply #366 on: October 16, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »

Roll with Kyle?

I say go after Garrad and try and implement Pryor into a few plays a game like a wildcat thing. Garrad is better QB than Boller or Edwards in my opinion. In fact he is a lot like Campbell. If Pryor is the future then I say this is the opportunity to allow the future to start even if in a limited role.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Campbell out, so what now?
« Reply #365 on: October 16, 2011, 08:47:57 PM »

Roll with Kyle?

- George Orwell

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:21:30 AM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #363 on: October 01, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
The Raiders finally dropped Nick Miller and activated DB Ron Parker from waivers which means we might be really short on DB'S this week

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
Would be nice to have J. Ford for returns. 

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »
Jacoby Ford injured his hamstring last night.

Let's hope it is not that serious.

We do not need him going down right now....
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Before anyone says it
« Reply #359 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »
... The former QB from Jacksonville.

In My Opinion.

Bad Idea... I like Garrard but Jason Campbell seems to play dog ugly when there's a compotent quarterback on the sidelines holding a clipboard. .. We saw Campbell lose his job to Bruce, So I can only imagine that if we bought in DG then JC would make wrong decisions and worry about being benched.

I dunno.. Would anyone here prefer Dave Garrard to Jason Campbell??? They kind of have similar skill sets!!!

No i think campbell is ten times better Garrard has had a lot better weapons and hasnt produced anything close to the playoffs. i know they have a harder division but still if he is good he would be able to win. Reports say that possible landing spots Balitomore, Oakland, and San Fransico

Jason Campbells Stats
Pass attempts     1,966
Pass completions     1,196
Percentage     60.8
TD-INT     68-46
Yards     13,247
QB Rating     82.6

David Garrard States
TD-INT     89–54
Passing yards     16,003
QB Rating     85.8
Rushing Attempts     380
Rushing Yards     1,746
Rushing Touchdowns     17
Jason has played two less seasons

Bad idea.  If Bruce gave Jason a run for his money I can only imagine Garrard.

I have faith in Campbell, I think we (fans and organization) should get behind our QB.  However, not having a competent back-up is no excuse.  Cutting Edwards was a HORRIBLE decision.  Kyle Boller sucks ass.  Jason goes down and down goes our season.
Agreed......I was in SanAntonio Tx on a get away and I could not believe it when I saw the news......I believe I said out loud " What the Hell " very loudly in a shop that got some stairs.....I dont get this decision.....oh yeah....wait.......we have had bad decision making now for over a decade and the hits just keep on coming.........

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #358 on: September 07, 2011, 12:15:34 PM »

In My Opinion.

Bad Idea... I like Garrard but Jason Campbell seems to play dog ugly when there's a compotent quarterback on the sidelines holding a clipboard. .. We saw Campbell lose his job to Bruce, So I can only imagine that if we bought in DG then JC would make wrong decisions and worry about being benched.

I dunno.. Would anyone here prefer Dave Garrard to Jason Campbell??? They kind of have similar skill sets!!!

No i think campbell is ten times better Garrard has had a lot better weapons and hasnt produced anything close to the playoffs. i know they have a harder division but still if he is good he would be able to win. Reports say that possible landing spots Balitomore, Oakland, and San Fransico

Jason Campbells Stats
Pass attempts     1,966
Percentage     60.8
TD-INT     68-46
Yards     13,247
QB Rating     82.6

David Garrard States
TD-INT     89–54
Passing yards     16,003
QB Rating     85.8
Rushing Attempts     380
Rushing Yards     1,746

Bad idea.  If Bruce gave Jason a run for his money I can only imagine Garrard.

I have faith in Campbell, I think we (fans and organization) should get behind our QB.  However, not having a competent back-up is no excuse.  Cutting Edwards was a HORRIBLE decision.  Kyle Boller sucks ass.  Jason goes down and down goes our season.
- George Orwell

Zeus

« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »

Campbell can be made of glass sometimes. I'd feel better with Garrard over Boller.  I actually see the Whiners or Seahags picking him up though.

In My Opinion.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:51:27 AM by Zeus »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2011, 04:29:25 PM »

In My Opinion.

Jason Campbells Stats
Pass attempts     1,966
Percentage     60.8
TD-INT     68-46
Yards     13,247
QB Rating     82.6

David Garrard States
TD-INT     89–54
Passing yards     16,003
QB Rating     85.8
Rushing Attempts     380
Rushing Yards     1,746

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:35:43 PM by raider kyle »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
Before anyone says it
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »

In My Opinion.