Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 102863 times)

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Injuries, Trades, Cuts, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #454 on: October 26, 2011, 08:55:16 PM »
Jamarcus Russell? really? Is this what the bye week does?  It's like the guy who keeps bringing up the ugly fat girl he slept with 1 nite while toasted.  He had NO LOVE FOR THE GAME.  Come on Pumba, put your behind in your past

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Kissing Russell's ass
« Reply #453 on: October 26, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »
Jamarcus Russell had god-given talent and didn't work hard.  Bottom line.  It's not from coming up poor, sleep apnea, or deaths in the family.  It seems as if this author wants the reader to believe that society is to blame for this man's football demise.  PUH-LEAZE!

Throughout the article, Russell never takes any personal responsibility for anything. 

AND TO THINK WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED CALVIN JOHNSON THAT YEAR

Here's a line that almost made hurl my computer across the room...

Putting Russell "two time zones and a million cultural miles from his Gulf Coast comfort zone, spelled trouble"

See above.  It's everybody's else's fault but JaWalrus'.

Another gem - Does he follow the Raiders? "No. They took a lot out of me."

THEY took a lot out of you?  Huh?!?!?  You took tens of millions from this team and returned DICK you clown.  Oh I'm sorry JaMarcus, you wittle-bitty feelings got hurt.  It's professional sports, if you don't perform, it's on to the next man. 

Russell's performanace speaks milestones.  He is straight garbage as an NFL quarterback. 

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Tokai Raider

Kissing Russell's ass
« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2011, 07:47:22 AM »
Did anyone read the SI article on Russell?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1191566/1/index.htm

If you haven't, you should, if for no other reason than to make yourself angry and to scream "are you fucking kidding me?" Apparently the fact that Russell was the worst piece of shit QB ever was due to his having sleep apnea. Oh, and Cable said bad things about him. And some people died, which made Russell sad. OK ... that last one is bad ... but the dude NEVER takes responsibility for his being the worst qb ever. NEVER. instead it's all "boo hoo, woe is me. my coach said i sucked" maybe because you actually sucked!! you were so bad you made bruce gradkowski look like a hall of fame qb in comparison.

did sleep apnea make you fat? did it prevent you from being able to read more than half the field? did it make you fumble like a million goddamn times? did it make you not care that you sucked?

and now you say you're cured of it ... so why isn't anyone calling you? do you have an unlisted number? QBs are falling like flies, and team are starting rookies, but you have 3 years of NFL experience ... shouldn't someone give you a call?

Oh, I know, the rest of the league has sleep apnea and keeps falling asleep. That's why they don't call. Bummer.

MD Raider

Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Injuries, Trades, Cuts, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2011, 08:09:07 PM »
Interesting article in SI's, Peter King's Monday Morning QB.

Stat of the Week I
Despite the 28-0 thrashing at the hands of the Chiefs, and the inauspicious debut off the bench of their new acquisition, there is still joy in Raider Nation, obviously, with the acquisition of Carson Palmer for a first-round pick in 2012 and a second-that-could-become-a-first in 2013. Most fans, even those who thought the Raiders overpaid, seem happy with the fact that Palmer is set to be the Raiders' quarterback as they contend for the playoffs (presumably) in the last nine weeks of the season.
And though I do think Palmer will be a major upgrade over Kyle Boller, I still don't know what to think about Palmer for the long-term. He'll need to play better than he did over his last three Cincinnati seasons to make the deal worth it. Here's how Palmer's last three seasons -- all with Cincinnati -- compare with incumbent Raider quarterback Jason Campbell's -- in Washington and Oakland -- in the wake of Campbell being lost for at least six weeks with a broken collarbone last week:
2008-2010 seasons

QB            W-L,    Pct.    Comp. Att.            Pct.   Yards   TD   Int   Rating
Campbell   19-25, .432   836   1,342   .623   9,250   39   27   84.1
Palmer   14-22, .389   719   1,181   .608   7,813   50   37   81.4

Palmer and Campbell are two of the four quarterbacks under contract with Oakland. Palmer cost first- and second-round (at least) picks. Terrelle Pryor cost a third-round pick. Jason Campbell a fourth-round pick.
That's a one, a two, a three and a four for the guys who didn't start Sunday. Kyle Boller did. An unrestricted free agent when the Raiders signed him last year, he cost nothing except a one-year, $1.25 million deal that makes him probably the 60th highest-paid quarterback in football.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/24/Week7/index.html#ixzz1bkPA3yr2

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders sign veteran kicker Dave Rayner, waive DB Ron Parker
« Reply #450 on: October 22, 2011, 08:04:10 PM »
Raiders sign veteran kicker Dave Rayner who was with the Lions last season.
Rayner was also with the Chiefs for 10 games in 2007.

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_19172545

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/news/Raiders-sign-kicker-former-chief-Rayner?blockID=581360&feedID=2801
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:08:48 PM by Randy »

THECAPTAIN

Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Injuries, Cuts, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #449 on: October 22, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
About the QB situation this Sunday:
Start Boller at QB and have Carson as the backup. Get the run game going and then let Carson come in on few series with a trimmed down offensive package and run some DEEP play action passes! Let him get into 'football shape' and get used to our receivers.

We all like to play with new toys but don't break it right after you get it out of the box!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders have to go to AFC Championship game for 2013 pick to be 1st rounder
« Reply #447 on: October 21, 2011, 12:55:07 PM »
There has been uncertainty about what the 2013 pick was for in the Palmer deal. We know it's a conditional pick, but what is the condition that has to happen in order for it to bump from a 2nd round pick to a 1st?

These articles says that in order for it to become a 1st round pick, the Raiders must play in the AFC Championship game either this year or next year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/21/week-7/?xid=cnnbin

http://wap.nfl.com/news/09000d5d8233c392/bengals-trade-disgruntled-palmer-to-raiders/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:05:29 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #446 on: October 21, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »
If Palmer is able to make the throw in practice.  I say on the 1st play, play action pass and go deep(old raider style)

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw that ;)

Ha i was saying the same thing yesterday. You know if they see Palmer walk on the Field the first play their gonna stack 8 in the box thinking its surely gonna be a run. Id be sending Moore and Murphy down field on a play action.

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #445 on: October 21, 2011, 02:00:08 AM »
I'd sit Carson til after the bye. Boller should be able to handle the hand-offs to D-Mac!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #444 on: October 21, 2011, 01:08:05 AM »
Regarding the Carson Palmer pickup, there are some rumblings that too much was given up in exchange for our new QB.

No one knows if the deal was good or not UNTIL it all plays out.  IMHO, if the Raiders go to the big dance within the next couple of years, then the Palmer pickup was well worth what was given up. Hell, even if they make the playoffs the next couple of years, it was worth it!

Personally, I like the pickup! Even though he didn't do well in Cincinnati lately, I believe that he will do great here.  He didn't want to be in Cincinnati. 

Temper your expecations though, if he doesn't throw for 400+ yards and 3 passing TDs this week, don't throw him under the bus, he only had a few days to get used to the system.

Look at Gannon, people thought that he was washed up,and that's not the only Raiders QB that had this 'tag' of being a "has been".  He could be another Gannon or Plunkett.

Hey, didn't the Mad Bomber sport the number 3?

Go Raiders!

WE GOTTA GIVE THIS GUY SOME TIME.....ITS LIKE STARTING A NEW JOB....HE NEEDS TO FEEL THE TEAM AND THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW HE WORKS...I DO LIKE HIS STYLE AND THE FACT HE WAS CRUSHED THINKING HE MIGHT NOT PLAY AGAIN.....THINK ABOUT THE DRIVE HE HAS NOW THAT HE HAS A NEW HOME....NOT JUST ANY TEAM....A TEAM WITH THE RUNNING GAME IN THE NFL AND WR'S THAT FLY.......HE MUST FEEL LIKE A PRAYOR HAS COME TRUE....WELCOM CARSON.....WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE RAIDER NATION

Online NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #443 on: October 20, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »
Regarding the Carson Palmer pickup, there are some rumblings that too much was given up in exchange for our new QB.

No one knows if the deal was good or not UNTIL it all plays out.  IMHO, if the Raiders go to the big dance within the next couple of years, then the Palmer pickup was well worth what was given up. Hell, even if they make the playoffs the next couple of years, it was worth it!

Personally, I like the pickup! Even though he didn't do well in Cincinnati lately, I believe that he will do great here.  He didn't want to be in Cincinnati. 

Temper your expecations though, if he doesn't throw for 400+ yards and 3 passing TDs this week, don't throw him under the bus, he only had a few days to get used to the system.

Look at Gannon, people thought that he was washed up,and that's not the only Raiders QB that had this 'tag' of being a "has been".  He could be another Gannon or Plunkett.

Hey, didn't the Mad Bomber sport the number 3?

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #442 on: October 20, 2011, 12:58:07 PM »
[My point being we didn't get go out and trade the farm for a proven dedicated #1 receiver like a few were screaming.  Moore was a pick and doesn't count.  Hagan was a nice pickup but should still be behind Denarious, Jacoby, and maybe even DHB who is coming around finally.  Our WR core is fine ;)

Ford made some great catches last year, but I'm still not sold on him being a starter.  He is a great returner and a exciting player but I worry about his consistancy.  Moore has better hands than DHB and Hagan is a big reciever who can catch and make tackles.  I think those 2 complement each other very well.  Ford would be a good slot guy in a 3 receiver set.  DHB's routes are very simple.  He runs outs and comebacks.  Yes, he is much better than he use to be and made some good plays this year.  But IMO, Hagan could have done the same and is a more dynamic receiver. 

Last year we did need a dedicated #1 receiver.  I don't remember anyone asking to bet the farm.  We have too many recever on the roster now.  But I have noticed the passing game is much better and Louis Murphy hasn't played a down

u dont watch much raiders do you mr bronco fan?

Louis murphy was in pads lining up in formations against the browns this weekend

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #441 on: October 20, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »
If Palmer is able to make the throw in practice.  I say on the 1st play, play action pass and go deep(old raider style)

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw that ;)

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #440 on: October 20, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #439 on: October 20, 2011, 12:17:53 PM »
[My point being we didn't get go out and trade the farm for a proven dedicated #1 receiver like a few were screaming.  Moore was a pick and doesn't count.  Hagan was a nice pickup but should still be behind Denarious, Jacoby, and maybe even DHB who is coming around finally.  Our WR core is fine ;)

Ford made some great catches last year, but I'm still not sold on him being a starter.  He is a great returner and a exciting player but I worry about his consistancy.  Moore has better hands than DHB and Hagan is a big reciever who can catch and make tackles.  I think those 2 complement each other very well.  Ford would be a good slot guy in a 3 receiver set.  DHB's routes are very simple.  He runs outs and comebacks.  Yes, he is much better than he use to be and made some good plays this year.  But IMO, Hagan could have done the same and is a more dynamic receiver. 

Last year we did need a dedicated #1 receiver.  I don't remember anyone asking to bet the farm.  We have too many recever on the roster now.  But I have noticed the passing game is much better and Louis Murphy hasn't played a down

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #438 on: October 20, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »
HEY COACH!!!

Lay off DHB how he is catching the ball.. he is doing his job thats the main thing. IF your a open receiver..IE DHB, then you gotta catch it with your body. (thats the way coaches teach it mr armchair expert)

Wrong Mr. outback.

Receivers are always, always taught to catch with THEIR HANDS.  No competent coach teaches to catch a football with their body.  It's too easy for the ball to bound off of pads, helment, etc.  When have you ever heard someone say about a receiver he has great body?  He has GREAT HANDS. 

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
Re: Palmer..............Learn the FUCKING FACTS!!!!!!! IM PISSED!!!!!!!
« Reply #437 on: October 20, 2011, 11:30:13 AM »
Shaunessy was doing better than I expected him to do. He was injury prone at Wisconsin but he stayed healthy for a while with us. I look forward to him bring in the line up next year. Agreed with the picks. People in general are assholes so fuck em. We know what's goin on so who the hell cares. I would like to believe that Boller can manage this next game & give Palmer the bye week to have,time but if we start #3 the Oline better protect this mofo.

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!

And its not 2 fucking 1st round picks..........................learn the facts first....................Im really pissed about people spouting their remarks without knowing the facts..........................its a First in 12' and a Second Rounder in 13'........another possible Conditional First depending on if we make the AFC title game in the next two years.........by the way......if we make the playoffs it wont be a high first pick anyways............................and dont get me started on the subject of how we have used our #1 draft picks in the last decade (excluding Mcfadden, Seymour and Heyward -Bey)..........Im pissed.............................and if he takes us to the AFC Title game or the Super Bowl then he will have been worth it anyway...................FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
I am assuming you are talking about the boneline calls?

Everyone posting on here seems to know the deal.

In other news, Matt Shaughnessy done for the year.   They put him on IR to make room for Palmer.  Great pass rusher and really emerging...next man up I guess...Bryant get it done!
agreed........but I also have many of my "Cowboy" friends here in the HELLISH state of Texas who just seem to be texting me and saying......"Nice trade....2 first round picks....... RAIDERS ARE DUMBER THAN EVER" I think alot of people dont know correctly......along with many media types who continue to say that it is for 2 first round picks........................................I just got another guy to throw in the hot tub with me.....SEYMOUR, MCFADDEN and now PALMER!!!!!!!!!............HAAAAAAAAHA!
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #436 on: October 20, 2011, 10:59:59 AM »
And its not 2 fucking 1st round picks..........................learn the facts first....................Im really pissed about people spouting their remarks without knowing the facts..........................its a First in 12' and a Second Rounder in 13'........another possible Conditional First depending on if we make the AFC title game in the next two years.........by the way......if we make the playoffs it wont be a high first pick anyways............................and dont get me started on the subject of how we have used our #1 draft picks in the last decade (excluding Mcfadden, Seymour and Heyward -Bey)..........Im pissed.............................and if he takes us to the AFC Title game or the Super Bowl then he will have been worth it anyway...................FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

In other news, Matt Shaughnessy done for the year.   They put him on IR to make room for Palmer.  Great pass rusher and really emerging...next man up I guess...Bryant get it done!
agreed........but I also have many of my "Cowboy" friends here in the HELLISH state of Texas who just seem to be texting me and saying......"Nice trade....2 first round picks....... RAIDERS ARE DUMBER THAN EVER" I think alot of people dont know correctly......along with many media types who continue to say that it is for 2 first round picks........................................I just got another guy to throw in the hot tub with me.....SEYMOUR, MCFADDEN and now PALMER INSTANTLY BECOMES MY FAVORITE PLAYER ON THE TEAM..........NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!!!!............HAAAAAAAAHA!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:22:56 AM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #435 on: October 20, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2011, 08:00:55 AM »
just saw on nfl.com that 49% of people who voted how far the raiders are gunna go this year were that we are going to the super bowl. I think that we were going to make this move at the end of the season if Jason Campbell didnt take this team to the playoffs. The only bad thing that came out of this trade is we had to cut Jerome Boyd and I though he was a solid back up, and hopefully we sign him to the practice squad.
Just reading the remarks about Oakland making the Super Bowl......I think that people need to tap the breaks.....lets make the playoffs first...........................I think it is possible .................but lets finish the year without any more injuries......................what I am tired of hearing is how we overpaid...............KYLE BOLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!say that 3 times fast.............................we were not going to win with him..........................................period.............be positive............................HE IS A GODDAMN TROJAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the fucking best college program ever.......................................................!HEISMAN U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
just saw on nfl.com that 49% of people who voted how far the raiders are gunna go this year were that we are going to the super bowl. I think that we were going to make this move at the end of the season if Jason Campbell didnt take this team to the playoffs. The only bad thing that came out of this trade is we had to cut Jerome Boyd and I though he was a solid back up, and hopefully we sign him to the practice squad.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Injuries, Cuts, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #431 on: October 19, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
Al Saunders said on radio show this morning that Palmer will start This Sunday, "as long as he's breathing."

Another quote from this article, "For the Raiders, the question isn't whether Palmer knows the whole offense. It's whether he knows enough of the offense that he can be better than Boller. And it sounds like a few days work is all Palmer will need to be better than Boller."

Apparently Palmer got to Oakland early enough yesterday to actually do some things on the practice field. I thought it was interesting that when the other players saw what he could do they commented, "this is a REAL quarterback!" Guess they didn't think all that much of Campbell to say that of someone who hasn't played in 10 months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/raiders-coordinator-hints-carson-palmer-will-start-sunday/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:29:54 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Palmer will start Sunday vs Chiefs (per Adam Schefter) Video
« Reply #430 on: October 19, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
Carson Palmer to start, source says
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7122918/oakland-raiders-carson-palmer-start-week-7-source-says

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Oakland-Raiders-QB-Carson-Palmer-expected-to-start-against-Kansas-City-Chiefs-101911

He'll be fine...just give him the JaMarcus crib notes play book (4-5) plays that he can execute and continue to give RUN DMC the rock and Pound that "michael" BUSH!
Its boner time...................gonna need some diapers so I dont ruin my shorts when he hits the field...........Trojans are the best......................condoms and football players..............................................HA!

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7122918/oakland-raiders-carson-palmer-start-week-7-source-says

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Oakland-Raiders-QB-Carson-Palmer-expected-to-start-against-Kansas-City-Chiefs-101911

He'll be fine...just give him the JaMarcus crib notes play book (4-5) plays that he can execute and continue to give RUN DMC the rock and Pound that "michael" BUSH!

Palmer is a very bright QB as well as a fiery leader in the huddle.  He will work hard learning the playbook and I'd wager to say that to the average fan our offensive gameplan won't look much different than it has all year ;)

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #428 on: October 19, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Rich Gannon on the Carson Palmer trade: "...great news if you're a Raiders fan"
« Reply #426 on: October 19, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »
Rich Gannon on the Carson Palmer trade:

Hue Jackson goes back with Carson Palmer a long, long way. They were together at USC when Carson was in college, they were together in Cincinnati, they have a very close relationship. My sense is that they were probably talking along the way. I’m sure Carson’s reached out to him for advice. I’m not so sure that Hue Jackson was convinced or sold on Jason Campbell. I think that was an Al Davis deal. Hue was doing the best he could. I think when Jason went down this opened up the door [to the] the possibility that they could do something with Carson. I think they got together as a staff, as an organization and said, ‘Let’s put our best foot forward and let’s see if we can address the quarterback situation for awhile.’ If they bring in Carson Palmer that’s it for Jason Campbell. You’re looking at Carson being the starting quarterback there for the next half dozen years. He is 31 years old, some people feel like his best days are behind him, but you look at what the Raiders gave up, not much of a draft left in 2012. The first four picks are all gone; they only have a 5 and a 6 left. I know there was some talk about they explored the possibility of a potential trade with Philadelphia for Vince Young. In my opinion, this is a much better deal for the Raiders. They get Carson Palmer, he can step in there and start tomorrow, he understands the system. I think this is great news if you’re a Raiders fan.”

Complete article including Seymour's opinion:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/10/18/dt-seymour-former-raiders-qb-gannon-on-palmer-trade/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:13:47 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »
Raiders reportedly working out veteran CB Lito Sheppard today...bring him back Coach we need the depth
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #424 on: October 19, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
I'm personally glad we didn't trade a few of our wideouts or anyone else in the deal.  I'd much rather trade picks for proven players ;)

I remember not long ago several of you screaming we needed another WR but I believed we had a great bunch of young guys that would improve. 

We did get another receiver, we got 2.  Moore and Hagan.  Ford is a return guy.  Murphy was put in the #1 position and he isn't a #1 receiver.  DHB has gotten better but still makes too many catches with his body.  DHB's catches could easiliy be made by Hagan, whom I would start with Moore.

My point being we didn't get go out and trade the farm for a proven dedicated #1 receiver like a few were screaming.  Moore was a pick and doesn't count.  Hagan was a nice pickup but should still be behind Denarious, Jacoby, and maybe even DHB who is coming around finally.  Our WR core is fine ;)

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
I'm personally glad we didn't trade a few of our wideouts or anyone else in the deal.  I'd much rather trade picks for proven players ;)

I remember not long ago several of you screaming we needed another WR but I believed we had a great bunch of young guys that would improve. 

We did get another receiver, we got 2.  Moore and Hagan.  Ford is a return guy.  Murphy was put in the #1 position and he isn't a #1 receiver.  DHB has gotten better but still makes too many catches with his body.  DHB's catches could easiliy be made by Hagan, whom I would start with Moore.

HEY COACH!!!

Lay off DHB how he is catching the ball.. he is doing his job thats the main thing. IF your a open receiver..IE DHB, then you gotta catch it with your body. (thats the way coaches teach it mr armchair expert)

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2011, 11:32:21 AM »
I can not believe some of these people in articles and on the radio saying that the Bengals won in this deal and we paid too much. I would like to see these fools on the sideline with our roster. Im Sorry but if you were the coach of some team that has been in a slump for 7 years and they look like a playoff team for the firsty time in a in that stretch and your QB gets knocked out for the season, im pretty sure not one of these idiots would just stick with some back-up or less than QB. they would do what any smart human would do and go after the BEST available option. In the position that Hue was in, that is exactly what he did. He went after the BEST avaiable from the FA or trade list. Not one of these dummies on the radio or writing the articles who said they made a mistake named ONE QB they would have went after instead.... ???WHY???.... CUZ THERE WASNT ONE YOU DUMB TARDS. This was absolutely the best optiont to go with to give our team the BEST chance of winning. Who wouldnt do that for their orginazation. TIME IS NOW..... GO RAIDERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bengals did win the trade... HOWEVER the Raiders have the most upside to gain in the trade!!! (a mid 1st rounder isn't  impact,it isnt a HOMERUN so to speak , if it was a raiders 1st rounder from 2007 circa i.e DMC... then thats a different story)

Quarterback is such a important position... If we get a motivated Carson Palmer then we could go deep into the playoffs.

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2011, 10:00:49 AM »
I can not believe some of these people in articles and on the radio saying that the Bengals won in this deal and we paid too much. I would like to see these fools on the sideline with our roster. Im Sorry but if you were the coach of some team that has been in a slump for 7 years and they look like a playoff team for the firsty time in a in that stretch and your QB gets knocked out for the season, im pretty sure not one of these idiots would just stick with some back-up or less than QB. they would do what any smart human would do and go after the BEST available option. In the position that Hue was in, that is exactly what he did. He went after the BEST avaiable from the FA or trade list. Not one of these dummies on the radio or writing the articles who said they made a mistake named ONE QB they would have went after instead.... ???WHY???.... CUZ THERE WASNT ONE YOU DUMB TARDS. This was absolutely the best optiont to go with to give our team the BEST chance of winning. Who wouldnt do that for their orginazation. TIME IS NOW..... GO RAIDERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH and.....IN THE TOP TEN IN POWER RANKINGS!!!! HOW YOU LIKING US NOW BABY!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #418 on: October 19, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »
I'm amazed Hue Jackson can stand, let alone walk, since he apparently has a massive set of balls. Because that's what this trade required. We gave up a ton but we were backed into a corner. A season with Boller at qb would have meant empty seats and blackouts. Fans can't stand to watch more crappy qb play. Lord knows we've seen enough since Gannon hurt his neck. Campbell is likely gone, which is a shame. He got hurt putting his body on the line for the team. Once a Raider, always a Raider. Unless you're JaWalrus. Then you can fuck off.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.044416,135.747853

I agree, the Raiders were definitely backed into a corner.  Boller was not the answer for 10 more games.  At first I was shocked beyond belief with this trade, considering we are giving up a 1st rounder and a a potential 2nd 1st rounder in '13.  I guess it was just the sting of all our unsucessful drafts, trading away picks, etc. coming to rear its head and I was hoping we were moving away from that.  We fucked up in the 1st place by not retaining a quality back-up to begin with so the hand was forced.  I mean, come on, we have suffered through huge awful personnel decisions and my gut reaction to Oakland making moves like this is generally one of "What the fuck???"  Taking it all it in, I have have come around and now feel this was a great trade for us.  In all honesty though, despite this being a business, I do feel bad for JC.  After suffering in that debacle in DC, he came here, played fuck-fuck games last year with the QB shuffle and ended up really being a leader for this team.  He never bitched, he never whined, always acted like a pro.  He is a starter in this league and like Tokai Raider said, he hurt himself trying to get a win for us.  A move like this, Carson is to be our QB for a at least a couple of years and Campbell will be moving on.  I wish him the best of luck.
- George Orwell

Offline Tokai Raider

RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Injuries, Cuts, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #417 on: October 19, 2011, 08:04:57 AM »
I'm amazed Hue Jackson can stand, let alone walk, since he apparently has a massive set of balls. Because that's what this trade required. We gave up a ton but we were backed into a corner. A season with Boller at qb would have meant empty seats and blackouts. Fans can't stand to watch more crappy qb play. Lord knows we've seen enough since Gannon hurt his neck. Campbell is likely gone, which is a shame. He got hurt putting his body on the line for the team. Once a Raider, always a Raider. Unless you're JaWalrus. Then you can fuck off.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.044416,135.747853

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #416 on: October 18, 2011, 10:50:45 PM »
Sounds like chargeless "fans" if they can actually be called that, are scared of Palmer. Saying "he's always torched us" & that his average passer rating(which I don't put too much into) is over 128.00%. Haha! We'll see what #3 can do for us Sunday. Bye week couldn't come at a better time. Still need to lean heavily on the run these next few games til Palmer gets in the groove of what we're doing. Btw...screw Michael Lombardi! Asshole of the week for sure.

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!
By the way......just customized a #3 Home PALMER  Jersey for $209.99........................IVE got a ten foot boner........gonna make the wife wear it while I dry hump her leg once it comes in the mail............this is an epic trade........Campbell will be gone after this year.....he is  a free agent........and SROTBFM is right......we are going to need the $$$$$ to make sure that we pay Bush after this year and secure MCFADDEN with a big ASS contract when the time is done........

You must be happy about the trade considering you said you'd never buy another bit or raider apparrel until next year when NIKE releases there new jersey.

I've never been a fan of USC Quarterbacks (Sanchez, Leinhart etc) they are always overhyped playing in powerhouse systems.. but Carson Palmer orchestrated some good wins in the hardest division of the last 10 years in the AFC NORTH.

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #415 on: October 18, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »
Sounds like chargeless "fans" if they can actually be called that, are scared of Palmer. Saying "he's always torched us" & that his average passer rating(which I don't put too much into) is over 128.00%. Haha! We'll see what #3 can do for us Sunday. Bye week couldn't come at a better time. Still need to lean heavily on the run these next few games til Palmer gets in the groove of what we're doing. Btw...screw Michael Lombardi! Asshole of the week for sure.

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!
By the way......just customized a #3 Home PALMER  Jersey for $209.99........................IVE got a ten foot boner........gonna make the wife wear it while I dry hump her leg once it comes in the mail............this is an epic trade........Campbell will be gone after this year.....he is  a free agent........and SROTBFM is right......we are going to need the $$$$$ to make sure that we pay Bush after this year and secure MCFADDEN with a big ASS contract when the time is done........

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
« Reply #414 on: October 18, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »

REAL MEN WEAR BLACK!
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Online NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #413 on: October 18, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
The only thing i hate about this trade is this pretty much means bye bye Jason Campbell.  I think Jason is the one reason why the raiders have completely changed in the past two years.

Kyle,  I was thinking the same thing but then I came to realize that Campbell is set to become a free agent in 2012, probably going to be in another jersey next season.

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline bLuEmEaNie

• Rookie Member
« Reply #412 on: October 18, 2011, 09:30:05 PM »
he was a 49r also

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #411 on: October 18, 2011, 08:54:53 PM »
someone on the radio mentioned that plunkett played 7 seasons for teh pats before AD got him(plus he also was a heisman winner).Palmer played 7 seasons with the bengals and also is a heismann winner.....what do you all think?can;t wait to heAR WHAT eX RAIDER lINCOLN KENNEDY THINKS AND jT TEH BRICK...

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #410 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »
CAN U SMELLLLLLLLLLL....WHAT HUE..IS..COOKING?!?! I LOVE IT!! I WAS NEVER A FAN OF CAMPBELL AND I COULDNT WAIT TILL PRYOR STEPS IN. AND NOW THIS..CARSON FREAGIN-PALMER IS IN THE HOUSE!! THIS TRADE SOLIDIFIES OUR QB SPOT FOR YEARS TO COME. WERE A RUN TEAM FIRST BUT WE NEED SOMEONE TO "MANAGE" THE OFFENSE AND CARSON IS SO MUCH MORE BETTER THAN JASON. PALMER AND OUR BUDDING WIDE RECIEVER CORPS PLUS DMAC ON THE LOOSE,  HELL YEAH!! THIS TRADE PUTS OUR RAIDERS ABOVE AVERAGE AND AS POST-SEASON PLAYERS. IRRELEVANT NO MORE!! I WISH AL WAS HERE TO SEE ALL OF THIS..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:24:08 PM by da_AZN_PErsuAZN »

raidersully

« Reply #409 on: October 18, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
The only thing i hate about this trade is this pretty much means bye bye Jason Campbell.  I think Jason is the one reason why the raiders have completely changed in the past two years.

Not necessarily. I think there a few team that would have liked to have gotten Palmer but thought, just as many of us did, that he was unobtainable. Well now that he is free and people see Carson doing well this season we may be in a good spot having two QB's that other teams may wish to trade for(Campbell and Palmer). I mean in the end neither of these guys are in the Raiders future. The Raiders future was drafted in the 4th round of the supplemental draft. No matter what Campbell did for us Pryor is the future.

Don't you think Carrol would love to be reunited with Carson? No doubt he is an upgrade over Tavaris. How about the Dolphins, Redskins, or Browns. They could all use a QB upgrade. See how the Tebow experiment works out and the broncaho's amy come calling. There are options. It doesn't have to mean the end of Campbell.

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #408 on: October 18, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »

raidersully

« Reply #407 on: October 18, 2011, 06:44:24 PM »
Love the Palmer move for so many reasons. It shows this organization can see something positive happening and does not want to stop the momentum. In the spirit of Al Davis we did what ever it took to get the player we wanted. Plamer is looking to prove something much the way Campbell and Seymour did when we got them. That chip on his shoulder is a great motivating tool. While Plamer has been slacking in the last few years. He hasn't had this much talent around him at so many positions since his playoff run of '06. Really all he has to do is mange what is already happening and I think he is more than capable of doing that.

As has been said already. Having a game against the quiefs and then a bye week is really a best case scenario for us in this situation. As bad as the quief might be though this game is not to be taken lightly. Nothing would please them more than beating us. It would be their season really. But I think Hue knows that and has made sure to remind the team.

What a roller coaster of emotions. After the win it felt like all was lost and then this. Let's hope it works out for the best. i think it will. GO RAIDERS!!!

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #405 on: October 18, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »
It's done

Let's be positive guys, this could be the start of something great