Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 83917 times)

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Wish List Players, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #603 on: February 10, 2012, 09:05:09 AM »
SMDH at this move but I guess CB's are growing on trees around the NFL...our secondary would of been 10 times worse without Routt.... he's got 4 INTs in 2011 that's 3 more than Nnamdi had his entire career as a Raider...the penalties? Fuck!...we set a world record as a team for penalties...so wtf does that have anything to do with anything....the only logical reason is money...he was way over paid for performance...but I'm sure he'd restructure...he did with Seymour right before the season  to make room in cap to sign Kevin Boss ...So don't think he wouldn't of restructured...this move feels risky our secondary already blew dogs for quarters now we have washed up CB in Sheppard and CJ and a raw young one in DVD....again like I said before this year started.. Losing Oz was the worst thing that ever happened to this team! CB's don't grow on trees! ....It's the pinnacle on winning and losing....IF We had Oz we'd had won 3 more games easily this year!

Sent from my iPhone bitch!

Of course it was about the money, $30 million for Routt...the contract was ridiculous and all of us knew it.  You mentioned his 4 INTs, Routt's 4 picks mean dick...Nmandi SHUTDOWN the opposing team's #1 wideout game in and game out, there is no comparison...case closed...Routt blows...penalties are not OK for a CB you deem to be #1

As for our secondary, do you honestly believe that McKenzie and Allen are going to roll with DVD and Lito for our starting CBs?????  Give me a break dude

LOTS of personnel changes coming...get rid of these underachieving shitbirds
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!
RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Wish List Players, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2012, 04:33:11 AM »
SMDH at this move but I guess CB's are growing on trees around the NFL...our secondary would of been 10 times worse without Routt.... he's got 4 INTs in 2011 that's 3 more than Nnamdi had his entire career as a Raider...the penalties? Fuck!...we set a world record as a team for penalties...so wtf does that have anything to do with anything....the only logical reason is money...he was way over paid for performance...but I'm sure he'd restructure...he did with Seymour right before the season  to make room in cap to sign Kevin Boss ...So don't think he wouldn't of restructured...this move feels risky our secondary already blew dogs for quarters now we have washed up CB in Sheppard and CJ and a raw young one in DVD....again like I said before this year started.. Losing Oz was the worst thing that ever happened to this team! CB's don't grow on trees! ....It's the pinnacle on winning and losing....IF We had Oz we'd had won 3 more games easily this year!

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Wish List Players, Rumors, Trades, Cuts, Injuries, etc)
« Reply #601 on: February 09, 2012, 10:45:39 PM »
See ya Routt.   Sorry potna you never played like a #1....u were a penalty machine anyway....when asked to renegotiate the contract he probably refused....so he was asked to leave.  We will still have to pay him some nice coin but it puts the team on notice. These contracts are a mess.  I love it.  Coach Allen is getting Tracy Porter in here from the Saints...believe it
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:10:02 AM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
RAIDERS PLAYERS (Wish List Players, Rumors, Trades, Cuts, Injuries, etc)
« Reply #600 on: February 09, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »
You guys don't think Routt is good, but what the fuck who the fuck are we going to replace him with, Lito? Some piece of shit cornerback from the fucking 5th round? Here we go again, another good free agency. I know he was way over payed but we just don't have the picks to replace him.
Am I surprised he was cut after signing that huge deal last year? I am, but let's face it we paid him #1 corner Nnamdi money. Routt is not a #1 and more a #2. I think we all knew that and validated that with his play this yr. Plenty #2 corners that will be FA and can pay them #2 $. Routt cleared waivers so we could resign him to his actual worth.

Up next Seymour, wimbly, curry and Kelly?

New sheriff in town and his name is Reggie Hammond!(Eddie Murphy voice).
Yeah I wanted him to be cut or restructured but not now we just can't replace him unless we get someone off free angency but we don't have a pick til the 5th round and we can't lose a lot of people this yet unless we et someone to replace them off free agentcy.

I hear ya. What about Finnegan from the Titans. He's a FA. Not saying we go after him, but his body of work is better then Routt's, and at a cheaper price most likely than what we were paying him. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:11:18 AM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #599 on: February 09, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »
You guys don't think Routt is good, but what the fuck who the fuck are we going to replace him with, Lito? Some piece of shit cornerback from the fucking 5th round? Here we go again, another good free agency. I know he was way over payed but we just don't have the picks to replace him.
Am I surprised he was cut after signing that huge deal last year? I am, but let's face it. We paid him #1 corner Nnamdi money. Routt is not a #1, more a #2. I think we all knew that and validated that with his play this yr. Plenty #2 corners that will be FA and can pay them #2 $. Routt cleared waivers so we could resign him to his actual worth.

Up next Seymour, Wimbley, Curry and Kelly?

New sheriff in town and his name is Reggie Hammond! (Eddie Murphy voice).
This is how the Big Boys do it!!!!!! We have many changes coming and that's what this team needs.........Routt most likely did not want to restructure.....Sooooooooo.....Time to go. Love this mentality....... Shows the rest of the team that production is the name of the game...... I'm Stoked!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:16:36 AM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #598 on: February 09, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
Am I surprised he was cut after signing that huge deal last year? I am, but let's face it. We paid him #1 corner Nnamdi money. Routt is not a #1, more a #2. I think we all knew that and validated that with his play this yr. Plenty #2 corners that will be FA and can pay them #2 $. Routt cleared waivers so we could resign him to his actual worth.

Yeah I wanted him to be cut or restructured, but not now. We just can't replace him, unless we get someone off free agency, but we don't have a pick til the 5th round and we can't lose a lot of people. Unless we get someone to replace them through free agency.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:15:20 AM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #597 on: February 09, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:14:49 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #596 on: February 09, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »
Randy...

Can you explain how gaurenteed money works against the cap?

my understanding with routts 20mil gaurenteed over 5 years meaning we have 4 more years of a cap hit of 4 million.

20mil divided by 5 years = 4 mil a year.

So if Routt was getting a salary of 5 mil this year. We are only saving a million dollars cap space?

Its all too confusing for this raider fan.

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #595 on: February 09, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:22:45 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #594 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »
Raiders have released CB S. Routt? Wow!

Evidently Reggie has plans. Routt was good but no as good as the money we were paying him. Do we still have to pay him since we just let him go or does it depend on if someone picks him up? Anyways, he has to have a plan for us if he is making moves like this. Maybe getting more draft picks, or in a dream scenario BRINGING MR ASO BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Wow is right! Now we can afford to pay the rest of the team  :P
Over paid SOB! Huff is next....Allen is an A&M guy...you know he hates Texas and 1st rd busts.. double whammy!
So what now? Any speculation?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:21:33 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #593 on: February 09, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »
I wasn't expecting that one. Can't say i was a fan of Routt, overrated by many and definitely overpaid.
COYS

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #592 on: February 09, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »
Raiders have released CB S. Routt? Wow!

Wow is right! Now we can afford to pay the rest of the team  :P
Over paid SOB! Huff is next....Allen is an A&M guy...you know he hates Texas and 1st rd busts.. double whammy!
So what now? Any speculation?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:00:51 PM by Raider Bob from Knoxville »

Raider Bob from Knoxville

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Tim Brown among Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists.....again
« Reply #589 on: February 03, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »
No fewer than 4 and no more than 7 will be inducted. Tim Brown is in the final 17.

Eddie DeBartolo Jr., Charles Haley and Tim Brown among Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists
http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_19886980

Hall of Fame quest continues for Tim Brown
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689926/tim-browns-quest-for-the-hall-of-fame
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:25:19 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL Analysis: Time for Oakland Raiders to Trade Darren McFadden?
« Reply #587 on: February 02, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »
NFL Analysis: Time for Oakland Raiders to Trade Darren McFadden?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nfl/nfl-analysis-time-oakland-raiders-trade-darren-mcfadden

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
Alrightee people! Mckenzie's style is build thru the draft. Unfortunately we dont have a whole lot of picks! Coach Allen knows we got the right people to take this team to the next level! Discipline and accountability is lacking(as most of us have been saying for years)..something Hue-Jack failed to instill in his time here. To dismantle a core group of young and up-and-coming players just to get draft picks(God knows if these picks will even work out in the pro-ranks) is insane and only brings us to square one! I dont think MKenzie and Allen is that OFF! A couple of free agents and some sound coaching can bring/take this Raider team to post-season action! I BELIEVE! HELL YEAH I'M IN! Give a whole off-season to Carson Palmer and our WR corps, and you can bet they'll be in sinc! Key words here guys - Discipline & Accountability!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:02:14 PM by da_AZN_PErsuAZN »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #585 on: January 30, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »

I don't get your point man.  Okayyyyyyyyy so Green Bay's D sucked this season.  So now it is not about the "good wrap from Ron Wolf" and "Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy ship", that is entirely McKenzie's fault?  According to his bio, McKenzie has been involved in drafting Packers players since 1994.  They have won 2 Super Bowls, seven division titles, and three conference championships since that time.  I completely disagree that that success is entirely due to Favre and Rodgers.

Why are you hating on him so bad?

So the 2011 Packer Defense and selections of Clay Matthews & AJ Hawk makes Reggie Mckenzie unqualified to be a GM for our team? :o

For the record my friend I never said it was entirely due to Favre & Rodgers but I did say that great quarterbacking hides decencies on the rest of the team.

I am just critical on the Reggie McKenzie hiring because his first move was an absolute dud (in my honest opinion)

Why the hell did he go out and get a rookie coach who'd become the youngest HC in the league???

I understand the whole High Risk/High Reward scenario with getting the unknown commodity, but Rookie HC need grooming if they want to become the next Gruden/Madden ect.

I just don't see Al Davis walking down that hallway to groom Dennis Allen... There is no one in this Raiders organization to do so.

Reggie McKenzie is a scout..He is not a coach who can provide X&O's advice to Dennis.

You can ask most people around these traps that each offseason I've been a kool aid type of guy... But not this offseason... I see the writing on the wall & we will be taking major steps back (towards a 6-10/7-9 campaign) before we make a move to the playoffs.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm looking fwd to seeing this press conference today... Hopefully Reggie McKenzie/Dennis Allen might say something to twist my arm & get me back on this belief bandwagon... But until then (actions speaking louder then words) I will remain critical to the direction of this organization with such a inexperience at our GM/HC positions

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #584 on: January 30, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »
I will be patient for now..........but I am concerned with the defense.........we simply dont have the talent on D to win..........Romanowski said so himself............and we dont have any draft picks to replace the crap with new talent on D either................We also have some big choices to make as far as free agency goes........Michael Bush is #1............if he goes somewhere else   then we are done...........Mcfadden will get hurt and we will be screwed like he has every year he has played................I dont know the cap space situation yet either so I am not sure what is going to happen as far as bringing in other good free agents.............you simply dont win through free agency though.....you build through the draft and we wont have one this year which is why I can guarantee the departures of some of our talent in order to get picks.......................damn!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #583 on: January 30, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »
I really wish I could lie and say we'll be better next year! But I just can't bring myself to lie to myself anymore! We've been saying "move on and give the new HC a chance" the last 6 of 7 years!  I'm done sounding like a cult follower that keeps drinking the kool aid and try to start looking at our team in a real light in the real football world!...I mean you don't hear experts or other respected players saying "Wow the Raiders just hired Dennis Allen ....look out they'll be a contender" instead you hear talking heads say..."Well it's a good hire and fit" blah blah....but no fear just....good hire! .....Now if the Raiders hired Jon Gruden I guarantee the media and football world would be scared shitless!  .....Just look at the 2 SB teams that'll play in a week! They have 2 Elite QB's with Elite coaches! It's been that way the last 10 SB champions!.... Other than GB and PITT having solid franchises ran the right way last 20 years...it IS possible a respected no-name can come in and have success in well established franchise!.... But come on this the Raiders a team that always is against it!.... We just hired a no name rookie coach AGAIN! ....We have a GM that's basically interviewing Candidates for HC that were re-tread non proven guys!...  This is the pattern we will follow?...Name one team that has hired a Rookie GM and Rookie HC and went on too the Playoffs that year or win the SB! ....I can't remember 1! ....Let me put it this way! ....If all of you are so confident we'll make the playoffs...I dare you to bet 1 full paycheck or unemployment check whichever applies...that Dennis Allen will coach us to the playoffs next year! ... I bet no one takes that bet! ...Why? ....Cause every one is a big man until the bet comes out! .... Like I said we could of lost as many games as we won!... Now if we make HUGE moves for BIG name players i might change my stance....but its Just my opinion thou like that matters.... I'm just a crazy fan that has no brain huh?

MIKE.... You are a GREAT fan...... A fan that any team would be lucky to have...BUT THEY DONT! The Raiders do and thats one of the BEST things about our fan Base! Dude your not stupid or overboard..... Your Raider Mike....Full of valid concerns and are not afraid to tell anyone about them......That being said.... We have ALL seen the new coaches and retreads march into Alameda and Rant about "The greatness of the Raiders Blah..Blah....Blah..... We ALL are sick of it! The media is ALWAYS clueless as to whats best for us...The so called Experts are wrong most of the time.... So I just say this....."WE NEED TO STAY POSITIVE IN THAT THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE....WE HAVE A BUNCH OF GREAT TALENT..... NOW A NEW COACH AND GM.... NO ONE KNOWS HOW GOOD THEY ARE.... BUT ITS BETTER THAN BRINGING IN A COACH AND NOT LETTING HIM HIRE HIS OWN STAFF AS AL USED TO...... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER...... OUR GM IS A GUY THAT FINDS TALENT AWAY FROM THE LIMELIGHT....... CHEEPER AND BETTER AS THEY WANT TO PLAY.... I SEE NOTHING BUT UPSIDE.... AS A RAIDER FAN ITS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR IN A VERY STALE PLACE...... LETS LET THIS COACH AND GM GET THERE FIRST SEASON UNDER WAY THEN......... WE CAN TAR AND FETHER THEM IF THINGS DONT WORK OUT....... I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE WITH THE BUCKET OF TAR..... YOU CAN BE ON THAT BRO.....

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #582 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »

Reggie may be a "rookie" GM but he has been influential in building the Packers for the last 10 years.  Where have we been in the last 10 years?  We have been a joke.  A laughingstock franchise.

Reggie got a good wrap from Ron Wolf ect.. But do we really know how influential he was in Packer Organization?

It's Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy ship... Those 2 have been blessed from  having the 2nd best "Transitional QB" scenario (Favre to Rodgers) in the history of the NFL, with Montana to Young being no.1.

Good Quarterbacking play can hide a lot of deficiencies on a team... Green Bay was horrible this season on Defense Apart form BJ Raji & Clay Matthews, who else is good on that Packers D??? Charles Woodson - yeah well he's a Al Davis player... Selecting Clay Matthews and claiming him to be a good draft pick doesn't make you a good scout... Clay has father/son pedigree so a lot of NFL teams would of drafted him (had they had the chance) because you see a player in the mould of his father.

I'd like to also bring up another Packers bust on Defense and that is AJ Hawk.. He was selected with the 5th pick in the draft and has been such a disappointment.

I guess Raider nation who been bitching for years about Al Davis should hire a GM are about to be in for a reality shock with all this puppy love going on with our new rookie combo of GM/COACH. Worst thing is there's been fans saying "Hurry Up & Die Al" for the last 5 years, well they going to want to take their words back.

I don't get your point man.  Okayyyyyyyyy so Green Bay's D sucked this season.  So now it is not about the "good wrap from Ron Wolf" and "Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy ship", that is entirely McKenzie's fault?  According to his bio, McKenzie has been involved in drafting Packers players since 1994.  They have won 2 Super Bowls, seven division titles, and three conference championships since that time.  I completely disagree that that success is entirely due to Favre and Rodgers.

Why are you hating on him so bad?

So the 2011 Packer Defense and selections of Clay Matthews & AJ Hawk makes Reggie Mckenzie unqualified to be a GM for our team? :o

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:57:30 AM by Matty Raider »
- George Orwell

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #581 on: January 30, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »

Reggie may be a "rookie" GM but he has been influential in building the Packers for the last 10 years.  Where have we been in the last 10 years?  We have been a joke.  A laughingstock franchise.

Reggie got a good wrap from Ron Wolf ect.. But do we really know how influential he was in Packer Organization?

It's Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy ship... Those 2 have been blessed from  having the 2nd best "Transitional QB" scenario (Favre to Rodgers) in the history of the NFL, with Montana to Young being no.1.

Good Quarterbacking play can hide a lot of deficiencies on a team... Green Bay was horrible this season on Defense Apart form BJ Raji & Clay Matthews, who else is good on that Packers D??? Charles Woodson - yeah well he's a Al Davis player... Selecting Clay Matthews and claiming him to be a good draft pick doesn't make you a good scout... Clay has father/son pedigree so a lot of NFL teams would of drafted him (had they had the chance) because you see a player in the mould of his father.

I'd like to also bring up another Packers bust on Defense and that is AJ Hawk.. He was selected with the 5th pick in the draft and has been such a disappointment.

I guess Raider nation who been bitching for years about Al Davis should hire a GM are about to be in for a reality shock with all this puppy love going on with our new rookie combo of GM/COACH. Worst thing is there's been fans saying "Hurry Up & Die Al" for the last 5 years, well they going to want to take their words back.

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #580 on: January 30, 2012, 12:01:56 AM »
I really wish I could lie and say we'll be better next year! But I just can't bring myself to lie to myself anymore! We've been saying "move on and give the new HC a chance" the last 6 of 7 years!  I'm done sounding like a cult follower that keeps drinking the kool aid and try to start looking at our team in a real light in the real football world!...I mean you don't hear experts or other respected players saying "Wow the Raiders just hired Dennis Allen ....look out they'll be a contender" instead you hear talking heads say..."Well it's a good hire and fit" blah blah....but no fear just....good hire! .....Now if the Raiders hired Jon Gruden I guarantee the media and football world would be scared shitless!  .....Just look at the 2 SB teams that'll play in a week! They have 2 Elite QB's with Elite coaches! It's been that way the last 10 SB champions!.... Other than GB and PITT having solid franchises ran the right way last 20 years...it IS possible a respected no-name can come in and have success in well established franchise!.... But come on this the Raiders a team that always is against it!.... We just hired a no name rookie coach AGAIN! ....We have a GM that's basically interviewing Candidates for HC that were re-tread non proven guys!...  This is the pattern we will follow?...Name one team that has hired a Rookie GM and Rookie HC and went on too the Playoffs that year or win the SB! ....I can't remember 1! ....Let me put it this way! ....If all of you are so confident we'll make the playoffs...I dare you to bet 1 full paycheck or unemployment check whichever applies...that Dennis Allen will coach us to the playoffs next year! ... I bet no one takes that bet! ...Why? ....Cause every one is a big man until the bet comes out! .... Like I said we could of lost as many games as we won!... Now if we make HUGE moves for BIG name players i might change my stance....but its Just my opinion thou like that matters.... I'm just a crazy fan that has no brain huh?

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »

Oh yeah, and Hue kept it together fantastically down the stretch when we were were 7-4 in Week 12.  We REALLY lit it up in the last third of the season.

We got the DC from Denver, so that constitutes rebuilding ourselves in Denver's image???

Well, in my opinion, Denver actually played with some FUCKING HEART i

So Mike, if we are are successful in the next two years, I will look forward to Millernation blowing up your shit the same way you....

We got a GM who is respected around the league
First of all ....if you think for a second that ANY HC in the NFL could have handled it better as their first year as a HC with all the circumstances he dealt with.... Injuries to high profile players, losing the greatest Owner EVER that hired you! And the expectations of the Raider nation was alot to absorb and to actually be successful!  Then You're high!

Hue deserved a second year period!

So you're saying Allen will do better than Hue? I mean let's get real. Al Saunders was a good point man as a assistant offensive coordinator, but on his own in this era...he sucks!

When EVER has Al hired a coach from the Denver Broncos? I mean he's talking of bringing more guys from Denver...if that's true doesn't that fall into the same thing as RM hiring all Packers staff and become the Oakland Packers...instead he went the Oakland Bronco route.

Now Denver did play with heart 'cause the world was against them with teabag! Now let's get one thing straight...IF Teabag loses 3 of those 4 OT wins in their 7 game winning streak! Dennis Allen's defense isn't even talked about!  It wasn't like they were shutting out teams, they had a nice run but doesn't mean SHiT ...heart don't win SB's! Players and coaches do! ...Last time Dennis Allen coached a game that mattered, his scheme yielded 6 TD passes!  The Raven Defense allowed 0 passing TD's the next week! What does that tell you about their heart or their scheme? NOTHING!

At least I'll take it like a man if I am wrong! Unlike gutless Millernation and spin shit to hide behind failing! 

ITS OVER!!! JACKSON IS GONE AND WE HAVE A NEW COACH AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.... A NEW GM..... WE HAD A TEAM FULL OF TALENT THAT WAS NOT USED WELL BY "THAT COACH"..... NO MATTER..... THAT'S HISTORY AND WE NOW HAVE A CHANCE TO CHANGE THE ENTIRE RAIDER WAY OF DOING BUSINESS...... 9 SEASONS OF LOSING... I'M DONE AND LOOK FORWARD TO A NEW RAIDERS........ AND ALL THAT MEANS...... PLAYOFFS IN 2012
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:52:43 PM by Randy »

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #578 on: January 29, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »

Oh yeah, and Hue kept it together fantastically down the stretch when we were were 7-4 in Week 12.  We REALLY lit it up in the last third of the season.

We got the DC from Denver, so that constitutes rebuilding ourselves in Denver's image???

Well, in my opinion, Denver actually played with some FUCKING HEART i

So Mike, if we are are successful in the next two years, I will look forward to Millernation blowing up your shit the same way you....

We got a GM who is respected around the league
First of all ....if you think for a second that ANY HC in the NFL could have handled it better as their first year as a HC with all the circumstances he dealt with.... Injuries to high profile players, losing the greatest Owner EVER that hired you! And the expectations of the Raider nation was alot to absorb and to actually be successful!  Then You're high!

Hue deserved a second year period!

So you're saying Allen will do better than Hue? I mean let's get real. Al Saunders was a good point man as a assistant offensive coordinator, but on his own in this era...he sucks!

When EVER has Al hired a coach from the Denver Broncos? I mean he's talking of bringing more guys from Denver...if that's true doesn't that fall into the same thing as RM hiring all Packers staff and become the Oakland Packers...instead he went the Oakland Bronco route.

Now Denver did play with heart 'cause the world was against them with teabag! Now let's get one thing straight...IF Teabag loses 3 of those 4 OT wins in their 7 game winning streak! Dennis Allen's defense isn't even talked about!  It wasn't like they were shutting out teams, they had a nice run but doesn't mean SHiT ...heart don't win SB's! Players and coaches do! ...Last time Dennis Allen coached a game that mattered, his scheme yielded 6 TD passes!  The Raven Defense allowed 0 passing TD's the next week! What does that tell you about their heart or their scheme? NOTHING!

At least I'll take it like a man if I am wrong! Unlike gutless Millernation and spin shit to hide behind failing! 

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:51:15 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #577 on: January 29, 2012, 06:59:32 PM »
I want to be the first on record that we wont do shit in the first 2 years with Allen as coach!  #1- half the players won't respect his ass  #2- We have tons of issues that may or may not get fixed.... But I think Raider Greg is a little more optimistic than I ever seen him this early in the offseason that really isn't officially under way till the Super Bowl is finished..... But damn Greg I am not even close to thinking playoffs next year... Denver will be better whether we like that or not and SD won't go away anytime soon and KC pushed us to the brink in KC that last game we had to win to keep the season alive...if it weren't for Seymour's blocked FG's.... week 17 couldn't of meant shit!  We could of lost as many games as we won this year! Houston,KC,CHI,DEN So I am not so optimistic now that are team is functioning like a EXPANSION team now and apparently the Raiders are bringing in more Denver personnel.. So we build our team in Denver's image now huh?  BULLSHIT! I am going insane watching this all happen!  It's like watching a Russian take over as president of the USA

Yeah bro it's frightening how it's all unfolding before our eyes.

I've always drunk the optimistic kool aid ever since the 2005 season... the only way was up on our 4-12/5-11 campaigns. But this rookie GM & rookie HC is such a reality check and the only way is down

"Oh but Allen will improve our Defense"

"Thats true, But whats going to happen with our Offense, letting one of the brightest HC in Hue Jackson just split"

DARK TIMES ON THE HORIZON MY RAIDERS FRIENDS

Oh yeah, and Hue kept it together fantastically down the stretch when we were were 7-4 in Week 12.  We REALLY lit it up in the last third of the season....

Well, in my opinion, Denver actually played with some FUCKING HEART in some of their games and I'd like to see if Allen can drive our players.  If not, those players can be shown the door.  I am sick of losing.  I am sick of watching our team piss games away. 

So Mike, if we are are successful in the next two years, I will look forward to Millernation blowing up your shit the same way you pissed and moaned and called him out after this year's Miami loss, right?   ;)

As far as respecting him, I don't want players who don't respect the Head Coach.  Those fuckers can go somewhere else.  Show me a New England player who doesn't respect Beli-cheat?  Oh yeah, they get shown the door.  That's what winning franchises do now.  They cut cancers out of the locker room.  Braylon Edwards ring a bell? 

We got a GM who is respected around the league and and an up and coming coach.  Let's just see.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:03:23 PM by Matty Raider »
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »
I still think we have the talent and the desire to push to the next level.... The team and its new Coach will prove to be a breath of fresh air.... Our team will improve next year with our GM finding talent at a low price to fill the holes we have... I predict we cut the FAT as in Routt and other players that were not doin it..... Remember..... AL Davis is not here to protect the players from being let go..... Our team will improve just by the very nature of "Do it or Get out"......... Watch and see what a good coach can to....... Playoffs....... Thats my Vision.....

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »
I want to be the first on record that we wont do shit in the first 2 years with Allen as coach!  #1- half the players won't respect his ass  #2- We have tons of issues that may or may not get fixed.... But I think Raider Greg is a little more optimistic than I ever seen him this early in the offseason that really isn't officially under way till the Super Bowl is finished..... But damn Greg I am not even close to thinking playoffs next year... Denver will be better whether we like that or not and SD won't go away anytime soon and KC pushed us to the brink in KC that last game we had to win to keep the season alive...if it weren't for Seymour's blocked FG's.... week 17 couldn't of meant shit!  We could of lost as many games as we won this year! Houston,KC,CHI,DEN So I am not so optimistic now that are team is functioning like a EXPANSION team now and apparently the Raiders are bringing in more Denver personnel.. So we build our team in Denver's image now huh?  BULLSHIT! I am going insane watching this all happen!  It's like watching a Russian take over as president of the USA

Yeah bro it's frightening how it's all unfolding before our eyes.

I've always drunk the optimistic kool aid ever since the 2005 season... the only way was up on our 4-12/5-11 campaigns. But this rookie GM & rookie HC is such a reality check and the only way is down

"Oh but Allen will improve our Defense"

"Thats true, But whats going to happen with our Offense, letting one of the brightest HC in Hue Jackson just split"

DARK TIMES ON THE HORIZON MY RAIDERS FRIENDS

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #574 on: January 29, 2012, 02:15:34 AM »

raidersully

« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »
I just don't see us getting much for DMAC for the reasons said before. He gets injured too much. It's no secret to the rest of the league. But I do remember the last home grown player that got injured too much that we got rid of. Charles Woodson ring a bell? But no big deal there. I mean his career went in the shitter after leaving Oakland. I mean no one talks about him anymore.  ::) Getting rid of DMAC now is too soon and I don't think would garner as many draft picks as one might think.

I agree with Raider Greg that Hue used DMAC too much. We have Bush for a reason. Any other team that guy is a starter. No reason you can't split the carries with these guys and it helps keeps DMAC healthy and Bush from getting run down come the later par of the season. This league proves over and over that you need a two back system. St. Louis is the only place that comes to mind that does it with one back. And while Stephen Jackson is great. His team is not exactly lighting up the NFL right now.

If there is a player on the roster that we can perhaps get some trade value for it is Ford. I know this guy is loved and is great. But that is the point. He is a great return guy and an up and coming WR. We have Moore who I think is even better and DHB is showing he can start to play (though drafting what was thought to be a speedy wideout only to find out he is a possession receiver is a bit maddening). We can afford to lose Ford in my opinion and may get a few later round draft picks for him. After watching the 49ers's last game you can't tell me they couldn't use a reliable WR. There are other teams that may be looking for that too.

My two cents. GO RAIDERS!!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 10:55:30 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: in Trading DMac
« Reply #572 on: January 28, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
It would be a kings ransom if we were to trade DMAC!

Someone asked Steve Corkran in the Tuesday live chat what he thought we could get for DMac in a trade, draftwise......and he said, "a late 1st rounder". I don't know if that would be considered "a King's ransom". Probably not. I think I'd rather have the known commodity in McFadden than say the 27th pick in the draft (a "crap shoot").

I know McKenzie has traded down in the draft before to get more picks. He likes lots of picks, since they don't all pan out. Maybe he could turn a late 1st round pick into two 2nd rounders? Would that be worth it for McFadden? I don't have that draft points chart handy...I'm not sure what a late 1st rounder would convert to in a trade down.
A late 1st rounder for DMAC?! That's it?! Forget it! Id say Dmac and TJ share reps and see if TJ develops at all! Finish Dmac's rookie contract and see where were at in the HB spot. In short - sign a vet/speedy back, let Bush walk and see where were at..
Mcfadden is the only player on our roster who we could get some good picks for........besides, tell me where we would have been last year if we did not have Bush........Jones was hurt and you are honestly going to tell me that you would have wanted Cartwright running the ball 15-20 times a game........dont get me wrong.....mcfadden is great but he will never play a full season......the stats dont lie.............Mckenzie is not happy coming to a team that has only a 5th and a 6th round pick.......its gonna happen.......if it is not mcfadden then it will be someone else........the only way for us to get some picks will be through trading current players we have now............and if we dont pick up anyone from the draft then we are screwed because we simply dont have the talent on defense to win games..........every person in our secondary sucks except for branch..........

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

« Reply #571 on: January 28, 2012, 12:30:25 AM »

Someone asked Steve Corkran in the Tuesday live chat what he thought we could get for DMac in a trade, draftwise......and he said, "a late 1st rounder". I don't know if that would be considered "a King's ransom". Probably not. I think I'd rather have the known commodity in McFadden than say the 27th pick in the draft (a "crap shoot").

I know McKenzie has traded down in the draft before to get more picks. He likes lots of picks, since they don't all pan out. Maybe he could turn a late 1st round pick into two 2nd rounders? Would that be worth it for McFadden? I don't have that draft points chart handy...I'm not sure what a late 1st rounder would convert to in a trade down.
A late 1st rounder for DMAC?! That's it?! Forget it! Id say Dmac and TJ share reps and see if TJ develops at all! Finish Dmac's rookie contract and see where were at in the HB spot. In short - sign a vet/speedy back, let Bush walk and see where were at..

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #570 on: January 28, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »

Update: I just found the "NFL Draft Point Value Chart":
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

A late 1st rounder is worth between 600-700 points, which would get you two late 2nd rounders.........or........one early 2nd rounder plus a mid-3rd rounder.

Maybe a team that has an early pick in each round, who needs a good RB, would give us their early 2nd and early 3rd round pick for McFadden. Would that be worth it? Or one of the top teams this year, who has their picks late....might give us their late 1st rounder? We could use it or trade it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:28:40 AM by Randy »

da_AZN_PErsuAZN

in Trading DMac
« Reply #569 on: January 28, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »
BUSH did a hell of a job coming in and starting BUT HE's NO DMAC! Its always fun watching a north-south, "bruiser" type of a HB. But these types of HBs are a dime a dozen! Just imagine if DMAc didnt get hurt and stayed healthy all season, the play action with our young WR corps! Ooohhh Babeee! Defenses, particularly here in the AFC West would game-plan on him every single time he's in! Even my "9erds" friends were impressed! Bush is not a "home-run hitter" and the jury's still out with TJ (taiwanJones). It would be a kings ransom if we were to trade DMAC!

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #568 on: January 27, 2012, 07:33:38 PM »
Ok fellas........Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water! LOOK DMC will be a GREAT back for us....

Personally, I like McFadden but I'm just tired of seeing him go down! Greg, you're right, if he was splitting time with Bush, it would definitely prolong his health. 

When does DMC's contract expire?  We don't want the same situation as we had with Nnamdi.  I'm sure that things will work out well, especially with a GM in play.

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #567 on: January 27, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »
..GET HIM OUT OF HERE........IF HE CANNOT STAY HEALTHY!

I agree with you HR. although he's really good, he cannot stay healthy. I'm sure we can get something good in return.

Go Raiders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok fellas........Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water! LOOK DMC will be a GREAT back for us.... HUE Hackson used him up until he was injured..... Then Bush was handed the ball.......A GOOD COACH WOULD ROTATE BACKS IN EVERY GAME SO THAT THEY WLL NOT GET BUSTED UP FROM ALL THE ABUSE..... HATE TO SAY IT LIKE THE 49ERS... THEY HAD PROBLEMS WITH GORE UNTIL THE COACH STARTED GIVING THE BALL TO OTHER BACKS TO KEEP GORE HEALTHY...... THIS IS WHY TEAMS ARE KEEPING THREE RB'S...... IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.....WE WILL BE FINE WITH DMC AND BUSH AND JONES ROTATING...... ADD PALMERS ARM AND OUR YOUNG WR'S PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME...... WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON..... IM SURE OF IT!

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
RE: MCFADDEN
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2012, 04:05:58 PM »
Sorry Guys, I can't trade a player from the team who gives it there all. Players who play with heart are hard to come by (& 1st round picks with ticker & a will to win) ... well we have probably 3 of them over the last 10 years or so (Asomugha, DMC & DHB)

We are not getting a ransom for the very reason that HELLRAIDER pointed out. He is injured too much. Anyone who wants a 1st round pick in return for him is dreaming!!! (Marshawn Lynch who was a dynamic back in Buffalo only netted the BILLS a 4th round pick and a conditional pick in 2012 draft)

I think the Raiders are in a good position this year with McFadden... A) he plays the 16 full game slate & his health being good translate into we are that dynamic high scoring offense. or B) he misses a couple a game (Hamstring, toe injury..whatever) & then we can go into the offseason of 2013 knowing we can resign a guy who wants to stay with the raiders at a discounted rate (DMC is not getting Adrien Peterson/Matt Forte money because of his injury history & no other teams are going to pay him a kings ransom for that very reason)

With a cheaper McFadden in 2013 then we can target another premier free agent with the 5/10 million we will save a year on his contract.

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Re: MCFADDEN?????
« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
I ARGREE TO TRADE McFADDEN...BUT FOR A BIG RANSOM...AND I'M GLAD I WAITED & DIDNT BUY HIS JERSEY... ;DLMAO
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #564 on: January 27, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »
..GET HIM OUT OF HERE........IF HE CANNOT STAY HEALTHY!

I agree with you HR. although he's really good, he cannot stay healthy. I'm sure we can get something good in return.

Go Raiders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #563 on: January 27, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
Alright so here is the first HSO FOR 2012!........(Hot sports opinion) for those who dont know..........Mcfadden is rumored to be on the trading block..........so this is going to cause a huge debate and I am sure I am the only one who is for it but here goes.........Trade him ...............see if that idiot here in Dallas will trade for him.......he wanted him in the draft because Jerry went to Arkansas...........he gave up 3 draft picks for Roy Williams to Detroit........Mcfadden gets hurt too much and he could get us right back into the draft.........Re-sign Bush and let Taiwan Jones see if he can be the change of pace back...............Mcfadden does us no good sitting on the trainers table........before any of you scoff at the idea.......pull up his career stats.......he has played in 45 games out of a possible 64 games.....he has basically missed one entire season out of the 4 seasons he has been in the league.......that is not going to get it done..................SORRY GUYS..........GET HIM OUT OF HERE........IF HE CANNOT STAY HEALTHY!

FUCK!   There goes another Raider jersey to the bottom of my pile!

If we trade DMac we better get some freakin' picks, and I mean BIG ones.
- George Orwell

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #562 on: January 27, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
Alright so here is the first HSO FOR 2012!........(Hot sports opinion) for those who dont know..........Mcfadden is rumored to be on the trading block..........so this is going to cause a huge debate and I am sure I am the only one who is for it but here goes.........Trade him ...............see if that idiot here in Dallas will trade for him.......he wanted him in the draft because Jerry went to Arkansas...........he gave up 3 draft picks for Roy Williams to Detroit........Mcfadden gets hurt too much and he could get us right back into the draft.........Re-sign Bush and let Taiwan Jones see if he can be the change of pace back...............Mcfadden does us no good sitting on the trainers table........before any of you scoff at the idea.......pull up his career stats.......he has played in 45 games out of a possible 64 games.....he has basically missed one entire season out of the 4 seasons he has been in the league.......that is not going to get it done..................SORRY GUYS..........GET HIM OUT OF HERE........IF HE CANNOT STAY HEALTHY!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Big News in Raider Nation....CONDO ADDED TO PRO BOWL ROSTER!!!
« Reply #561 on: January 19, 2012, 07:48:49 PM »
RAIDERS LONGSNAPPER JON CONDO ADDED TO PRO BOWL ROSTER.

Are you excited now?

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Condo-Added-to-Pro-Bowl-Roster/b1df737f-bf1c-4ee1-8f75-84ba8bd18f25

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #560 on: January 13, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
Anyone want to reconsider Matt Flynn now that Reggie is running the show ;D

I wouldn't mind it a bit.  But having JC and CP it seems unlikely still. 

As far as a WCO...as long as we fucking win I really don't care anymore ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:38:13 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Nope.. Allthough the chances of it happening have increased 10fold.

Matt Flynn will earn too much money on the open market due to him breaking all the Packers Single game records (TD's & passing yards)

Unfortunately from a salary cap perspective we are stuck with Carson Palmer
Fortunately from a talent perspective we are stuck with Carson Palmer

I actually like Palmer over Flynn... but I'm concerned that Reggie McKenzie might move us to the West Coast Offence (thats what the bloggers have been rumoring) ... If we move to the WCO then we negate CP3 best skill which is throwing the deep ball.

I don't care if we have the personnel to be a WCO team.. It's important for me that we honor Al Davis legacy and play the vertical game. I'd be more inclined to try the 3-4 defense as we've sucked playing 4-3 the last 7-8 years & i'm willing to give anything a shot.

Offline Essex Raider

• Hall Of Famer
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the Oakland Raiders, one nation under a crazy man, with commitment and excellence for all!

Offline Millernation

• millernation
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Injuries, Trades, Cuts, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #557 on: January 11, 2012, 11:27:56 AM »
Fuck finnagan.  He is a no talent ass who can only play dirty and talk trash.

He's actually calmed down a lot the past couple years and become a pretty decent player...I wouldn't mind us taking a shot at him ;)

He couldn't cover a dead rat with a blanket.  in other news:
Owner Mark Davis says the organization has had conversations with L.A. stadium groups and is not ruling out relocating back to the city if the team can't secure a new stadium in Northern California. - l.a. times

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #556 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »

He's actually calmed down a lot the past couple years and become a pretty decent player...I wouldn't mind us taking a shot at him ;)

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #555 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #554 on: January 11, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »
I saw in an article today Cartland finnagan could be a possibility to bring in to play opposite of stanford routt what do u guys think?

Why not?  Some say he's a dirty player, don't know much about him.  Saw him on the highlights once as Andre Johnson's punching bag... :P

Huff is moving to CB though.  Well, I guess that now depends on our NEW defensive staff...
- George Orwell