Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 95925 times)

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)
« Reply #652 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:12 PM »
First things first. Tyvon branch has been franchised and will make 6.2 million next year. Also like to thank Michael Bush for his five years here and good luck next year.......
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:09:32 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Janikowski to attend anger management classes over 2010 nightclub incident
« Reply #651 on: March 01, 2012, 04:00:32 AM »
Janikowski to attend anger management classes over 2010 nightclub incident
http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_20072778

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Palmer speaks for first time since season ended
« Reply #650 on: March 01, 2012, 03:59:21 AM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Jason Campbell and wife call off wedding hours before ceremony
« Reply #648 on: February 21, 2012, 12:52:56 AM »
One article had a title, "Jason Campbell calls an audible at the altar"........which I thought was kind of amusing....but the article slammed Campbell, saying Jason "has always been a scrub player, so it figures that he would do something like this"..... so I didn't post it. This article that I am posting said the decision was mutual between Jason and his fiance. They are "holding off" on the wedding. I'm sure we'll be hearing more details soon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1073918-jason-campbell-and-his-fiance-call-off-wedding-hours-before-the-ceremony
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:03:39 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Do the Raiders need a top receiver? (Bill Williamson, ESPN)
« Reply #647 on: February 20, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
Do the Raiders need a top receiver?
by Bill Williamson, ESPN
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39972/do-the-raiders-need-a-top-receiver

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #644 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:48 PM »
I have no idea how Guaranteed money works Randy..

It's bloody confusing.

Yeah, if you want to get even more confused, check out this "Ask the Commish" website. He breaks down all the info on the salary cap. Actually, they have a helpful (but long) FAQ on the salary cap. If you have the time to read through it slowly and think about what it says....it could clear some things up for you. Get ready to spend a little time though.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/

Concerning "guaranteed" money.....I think the only guaranteed money is signing bonus money. The rest of the salary doesn't have to be paid if a player gets cut. I'm not sure about how the cap hit works when you cut someone though. Here's another site that explains how the salary cap works:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm

I think I'd have a better chance of understanding the salary cap by enrolling in a Business degree at Stanford :-P

I've looked at both sites before and left more confused than when I first visited them :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:49:02 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #643 on: February 17, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »

It's bloody confusing.

Yeah, if you want to get even more confused, check out this "Ask the Commish" website. He breaks down all the info on the salary cap. Actually, they have a helpful (but long) FAQ on the salary cap. If you have the time to read through it slowly and think about what it says....it could clear some things up for you. Get ready to spend a little time though.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/

Concerning "guaranteed" money.....I think the only guaranteed money is signing bonus money. The rest of the salary doesn't have to be paid if a player gets cut. Oh, and franchise tagged players are all guaranteed money too. Here's another site that explains how the salary cap works (written in 2001 though):

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:02:53 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »

It's bloody confusing.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Raider Nation should be concerned if we cut Wimbley
« Reply #641 on: February 17, 2012, 09:21:08 PM »

(BTW what's the cap hit we take on Wimbley this year if we cut him? I think the figure was 6.5m??? I could be wrong)

This website has $11 Million in the "2012 Cap Figure" column for Wimbley. Is that the hit we take if we cut him?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/cap-hit/

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Raider Nation should be concerned if we cut Wimbley
« Reply #640 on: February 17, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »
If Reggie McKenzie cuts Wimbley then the Nation should be ready to freak out!

This guy is our best pass rusher & considering that when he arrived we were paying him in peanuts he was a player whom was deserving of the contract that he signed last summer.

If i'm going to compare Apples to Oranges (Routt to Wimbley) then #96 was far closer to being the 11 million dollar man then our no.1 corner.

I'm going to be a hater on this McKenzie guy UNTIL he resigns an equivalent or better free agent after March 13. (BTW what's the cap hit we take on Wimbley this year if we cut him? I think the figure was 6.5m??? I could be wrong)

*Also in regards to restructuring contracts.... Let a man get at least 2 years into his 5 year contract before you ask him to restructure. Asking a guy after year 1 to restructure is like marrying your soulmate only to cheat on her during your honeymoon.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:17:43 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #638 on: February 16, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »
Stanford Routt will visit the Kansas City Chiefs today;D...I hope the Quiefs pick him up so when we play them, we will throw the ball on his side of the field and watch him draw penalties flags, mistackle and get burnt by D. Moore... ;D...a WIN, WIN situation... ;)
What happens if it goes the other way? You still happy?

Sent from my iPhone bitch
Of course not...we just gotta roll with the punches 8) 8)
Let me tell you something bro... I've have been rolling with the punches Raider related for 80% of the time I've been on this earth! That's 29 years!  When does it end?  I'll need to order a straight jacket or ship myself to a secure place if the Raiders fuck off again this year!....  I'll be the most uncomfortable Raider fan to be around in the world if that happens....already am LOL

Sent from my iPhone bitch!
Relax Mike.......... You are NOT alone in your frustration Bro........We ALL have been waiting for this team to make it back to where we KNOW it should be..........Dude......Its not going to happen because we hold our breath until we win a Super Bowl......Our entire organization is going through HUGE changes....... Relax...... We have a long road until the season starts............ Lets give this staff a chance to make it happen....... We are all watching very closely...... They know it..... we are Raider Nation ....... Lets just see how this cake comes out....... the Mix is not even done..... and NO you cant taste it....... It will be  what it is when its done...... Then we can...........FLIP THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all know there's one move the team needs to make for this all to work. make the move and then everything will fall into place. return to glory, pride and poise, commitment to excellence, the whole 9 yards.

sign jeff george.

there, i said it.

church.

WHAT A BUST

Not as bad as this clown though

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #637 on: February 16, 2012, 01:56:43 AM »
Stanford Routt will visit the Kansas City Chiefs today;D...I hope the Quiefs pick him up so when we play them, we will throw the ball on his side of the field and watch him draw penalties flags, mistackle and get burnt by D. Moore... ;D...a WIN, WIN situation... ;)

Let me tell you something bro... I've have been rolling with the punches Raider related for 80% of the time I've been on this earth! That's 29 years!  When does it end?  I'll need to order a straight jacket or ship myself to a secure place if the Raiders fuck off again this year!....  I'll be the most uncomfortable Raider fan to be around in the world if that happens....already am LOL

Relax Mike.......... You are NOT alone in your frustration Bro........We ALL have been waiting for this team to make it back to where we KNOW it should be..........Dude......Its not going to happen because we hold our breath until we win a Super Bowl......Our entire organization is going through HUGE changes....... Relax...... We have a long road until the season starts............ Lets give this staff a chance to make it happen....... We are all watching very closely...... They know it..... we are Raider Nation ....... Lets just see how this cake comes out....... the Mix is not even done..... and NO you cant taste it....... It will be  what it is when its done...... Then we can...........FLIP THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all know there's one move the team needs to make for this all to work. make the move and then everything will fall into place. return to glory, pride and poise, commitment to excellence, the whole 9 yards.

sign jeff george.

there, i said it.

church.

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #636 on: February 15, 2012, 05:52:54 PM »

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!
RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)
« Reply #635 on: February 15, 2012, 02:03:49 AM »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #634 on: February 14, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »

Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)
« Reply #633 on: February 14, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #632 on: February 14, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #628 on: February 13, 2012, 05:55:20 PM »
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Stanford-Routt-Meets-the-Media/80bb233f-53ca-4acd-803f-efd38cfc13ff
If u listen to routts interview he list everything that we all think and those stability with th team and not winning and listening to him kinda laughing and saying I haven't won a lot. Well fuck him now I glad that fuck is gone. He says he wants to be on a winning team well going from the raiders to the bills is NOT a upgrade.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Big Sey
« Reply #627 on: February 13, 2012, 08:18:30 AM »
thats a lot of money for one player. is he worth that much?

I think he is worth that much.  As it stands right now, Seymour is the anchor of our defense.

According to the article, McKenzie could have cut him to save 7.5 million.  He is always a presence and although he has gotten tossed from 2 games, I believe he is still a leader on this team. 

I think he fits the mold of what Reggie said in his initial press conference, "I always like big and strong..."
- George Orwell

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #626 on: February 13, 2012, 03:03:58 AM »
thats a lot of money for one player. is he worth that much?
COYS

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Richard Seymour isn’t going anywhere (PFT)
« Reply #625 on: February 12, 2012, 10:28:55 PM »
Richard Seymour isn’t going anywhere
ProFootballTalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/12/richard-seymour-isnt-going-anywhere/

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Who could be chopped next? (Part 1, the offense)
« Reply #624 on: February 11, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »
Who could be chopped next? (Part 1, the offense)

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/8186.html

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #623 on: February 11, 2012, 02:52:10 AM »
I fear the cutting of Routt might lead to the Raiders trying to downgrade payroll as opposed to win at any cost.

So far I've seen Mark Davis pay a inexperienced GM, a cheap unproven coach & now they cut the 2nd highest paid defender in Routt.(doesn't make Routt our 2nd best defender)

I'm hoping the Raiders are going to be movers & shakers this offseason, but I fear with the death of AL & the mentality that he'd pay what he needs to pay for best chance to win that McKenzie might just be clearing payroll because Mark Davis wants the team run like the Bucaneers as opposed to the Oakland "ALDAVIS" Raiders.

I would argue that cutting an over payed player shows that this team is willing to win at any cost.

But if you are really interested in what McKenzie's plan might be, then you should read this article. Might even change your opinion about the last seasons of Oakland "ALDAVIS" Raiders.

McKenzie's track record with Packers foretells Raiders future
http://tfdssports.com/2012-articles/january/mckenzies-track-record-with-packers-foretells-raiders-future.html

I've already read that article bro & it hasn't got me sold on Reggie McKenzie.

There is a saying "First impressions last" well the Dennis Allen hiring didn't exactly leave me giddy for the direction of this organization... I guess I can get on board with Stanford Routt getting cut but until the Raiders spend that payroll & bring back in a CB of greater talent then I think I'm allowed to be critical that Mark Davis is going into cost cutting mode.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Re: Nnamdi is kind of overated
« Reply #622 on: February 11, 2012, 02:35:53 AM »
Considering how bad the defense was for the Eagles(and considering how new it was to Nnamdi) this year I am sure many were willing to test him. But that does not make him overrated.

Umm.. twisting my words bro.. I said he was overrated in Oakland... I don't think he is overrated now?? Why is that??? Because he was a franchise cornerback in Oakland & people validated that statement by going to the stat book & say "But they only throw at him 20 times in one season" .. I don't think he is overrated now because he had a bad season in Philadelphia and he is not even in the discussion any more as  the best cornerback in the league (that's Revis Island title). Nnamdi is still top 5 in my eyes. but missing out on the Probowl was a reflection that coaches, players & fans didn't think he warranted a position at the allstar game.

I never said the teams before Jadummy were good. You were the one that said Nnamdi spent the majority of his time playing with him.

You trying to prove a point I was wrong with this statement bro? So what if I said he spent the majority of his time with Jamarcus... I tried clearing up my argument that Nnamdi played most of his raider career as a cornerback on a team with crappy offenses.

Teams were not conservative against us. They just ran against one of the worst rushing defenses. Can you blame them? Again not Nnamdi's fault. But when made to tackle against the run Nnamdi did it and did it well. Mean while our run defense during Routt as a number one was no better and yet he still gave up more big plays and TD's.

Now your just proving my point in regards to the run game.. Running = Conservative. If Nnamdi is forced to defend the run more often then defending the pass... Doesn't that make him a cornerback who's tackling as opposed to locking down a wide receiver. (once the ball is handed off to the RB & the ball advances pass the line of scrimmage you switch your assignment to try & go tackle a RB)

But we lost against Buffalo, Detroit, once against Denver, Brady, and Rodgers. That's five games we lost out of your seven. That is a 2-5 record, and as you point out Brady and Rodgers are a pass heavy teams and we lost the Buffalo and Detroit games to passing TD's and without a miracle we would have lost the Houston game on a passing TD. Fact is Routt was not making us any better or any worse. But he still was not worth the money. And if he was not willing to renegotiate his contract then he need to leave. We need the money to help bring in some free agents.

So your willing to pin all those 5 losses on Routt himself? I certainly don't .... overall bad coaching by a bad coach. When Al Davis died. Chuck ignored Al Davis philosophy of man to man defense and played a lot more zone defense (something that doesn't suit raiders secondary players as Al Davis drafted CB's who's skills were suited to man to man) ... Now on your point that is bolded. You are probably correct that he didn't want to renegotiate that contract. So certainly not worth keeping around at 10 million dollars a season when we can get someone cheaper and just as productive.

Routt is responsible because he is the one doing the job. Yes Bresnahan is a horrible coach. But it's not like Nnamdi had great d-coordinator either. So if you are going to give Routt a pass because of piss poor coaching then Nnamdi deserves one too.

I never gave Routt a pass... I just said that 9 passing TD'S are not all to be burden on his shoulders. You can ask any Raider fan on this messageboard & I guarantee there wouldn't be anyone whom would choose Chuck Bresnahan over Rob Ryan or John Marshall.

So being a playmaker doesn't make you a better player? I'm not sure I follow. The ball was thrown his way. Many times. He gave up 9 TD's to 4 INT's. That is not a playmaker.

Nope.. I don't believe so. & again I'd like to see all 9 td's that Routt gave up before i pass judgement on whether it's entirely his fault. I believe scheme would of played a big part in those 9 TD's,

Having a shutdown CB is great. But having a pass rush is better. Our team proved that this year. When our pass rush was working(first SD game) it masked the deficiencies we have in the back field. When we couldn't get pressure(second SD game) those deficiencies became glaring. Losing Routt is of no bother to me. He was over payed for a job he could not do that well.

This we can agree on.. Good pass rushing can mask the deficiencies in the backfield.

raidersully

« Reply #621 on: February 11, 2012, 01:31:13 AM »
I fear the cutting of Routt might lead to the Raiders trying to downgrade payroll as opposed to win at any cost.

So far I've seen Mark Davis pay a inexperienced GM, a cheap unproven coach & now they cut the 2nd highest paid defender in Routt.(doesn't make Routt our 2nd best defender)

I'm hoping the Raiders are going to be movers & shakers this offseason, but I fear with the death of AL & the mentality that he'd pay what he needs to pay for best chance to win that McKenzie might just be clearing payroll because Mark Davis wants the team run like the Bucaneers as opposed to the Oakland "ALDAVIS" Raiders.

I would argue that cutting an over payed player shows that this team is willing to win at any cost.

But if you are really interested in what McKenzie's plan might be, then you should read this article. Might even change your opinion about the last seasons of Oakland "ALDAVIS" Raiders.

McKenzie's track record with Packers foretells Raiders future
http://tfdssports.com/2012-articles/january/mckenzies-track-record-with-packers-foretells-raiders-future.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:45:09 AM by Randy »

raidersully

« Reply #620 on: February 11, 2012, 01:23:02 AM »

Yes the schemes didn't help Nnamdi in Philadelphia, just like the schemes didn't help Routt in Oakland. But I watched a lot of Philadelphia games & I saw quarterbacks not afraid to attack Nnamdi side.

Considering how bad the defense was for the Eagles(and considering how new it was to Nnamdi) this year I am sure many were willing to test him. But that does not make him overrated.

Wow... Gee, I missed the time before the Jamarcus era.. Oh yeah that's right Norv Turner & KFC #LegitOffense... Aaron Brookes running the Bread&Breakfast Offense #SHAKINGINMYBOOTS & Lane Kiffins Josh McCown Combo #juggernaut ... There's no hiding the fact Raidersully that teams went conservative on us for those 5 years because we couldn't score shit. When teams arn't throwing the ball and using the ground in pound it translates into CB's not locking down WR and focusing on tackling.

I never said the teams before Jadummy were good. You were the one that said Nnamdi spent the majority of his time playing with him.

Teams were not conservative against us. They just ran against one of the worst rushing defenses. Can you blame them? Again not Nnamdi's fault. But when made to tackle against the run Nnamdi did it and did it well. Mean while our run defense during Routt as a number one was no better and yet he still gave up more big plays and TD's.

It's not Nnamdis fault for the lackluster performance by Norv, Lane & Cable coached teams... As I said before he was never put in a position to constantly lockdown a wide receiver because the raiders were trying to defend our opposition running game.

I listed 7 games (@DEN, @BUF, vNYJ, vCLE, vDEN, @SD, vMIN, vDET) where Oakland had to focus on defending the pass because teams were trailing on the scoreboard (& that's not even mentioning the games where we had to focus on elite QB play this year from the likes of Brady, Schuab & Rodgers where those Offenses have been primarily passing teams.

But we lost against Buffalo, Detroit, once against Denver, Brady, and Rodgers. That's five games we lost out of your seven. That is a 2-5 record, and as you point out Brady and Rodgers are a pass heavy teams and we lost the Buffalo and Detroit games to passing TD's and without a miracle we would have lost the Houston game on a passing TD. Fact is Routt was not making us any better or any worse. But he still was not worth the money. And if he was not willing to renegotiate his contract then he need to leave. We need the money to help bring in some free agents.

I agree with that statement bro... But I will say that Routt not necessarily responsible for giving up 9 td's... Chuck Bresnahan was awful.. No 2 ways about it.

Routt is responsible because he is the one doing the job. Yes Bresnahan is a horrible coach. But it's not like Nnamdi had great d-coordinator either. So if you are going to give Routt a pass because of piss poor coaching then Nnamdi deserves one too.

I never said he earned his contract I previously wrote:

Now Routt was payed a lot of dollars & I agree he is not worth that contract. But when did Nnamdi ever play that many games with his team leading on the scoreboard???

But that is what this is really about. The contract. That is why he was cut.

Never said Routt was a better CB then Nnamdi either, I said he was a better playmaker (as in when the ball is thrown his way.. he will make the INT) there's a difference partner.

So being a playmaker doesn't make you a better player? I'm not sure I follow. The ball was thrown his way. Many times. He gave up 9 TD's to 4 INT's. That is not a playmaker.

Having a shutdown CB is great. But having a pass rush is better. Our team proved that this year. When our pass rush was working(first SD game) it masked the deficiencies we have in the back field. When we couldn't get pressure(second SD game) those deficiencies became glaring. Losing Routt is of no bother to me. He was over payed for a job he could not do that well.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Wish List Players, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #619 on: February 11, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #618 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »
"Let's see what happens next year."  Hey Sully how long are you going to say that?  I mean when are you going to put on the reality goggles and see what are team is.... 60 to1 is current but it opened 100 to 1 when I check after the season.. either way Vegas is saying they'll gamble against you with ease by saying 60 to 1 or 100 to 1...  It means their begging to take your money cause they know they'll win the bet... Like I said everyone is a big man until the bet comes out...... if someone on here wants to bet what "Let's see what happens next year" yields... let me know... Cause I see a 6-10 or 7-9 record maybe 8-8 we got another brutal schedule next year! So my fair question is.... that I want a answer what are you going to spin when we go 7-9 or worse! how will you say that is progress?  I can't wait for that magic trick!  I hope I look like a fool and know nothing what I am talking about... But I don't think so... take a look around... This team is going backwards.... Yeah we got a GM that has freedom... SO FUCKING WHAT! so do 31 other teams in the NFL not all of them have success...ask the Browns!  they had Mike Holmgrem and he's a football genius in my mind and he couldn't do shit! and he WON a SB and went to 2 in GB ironically too and lead one the greatest legends in B. Favre and he still failed in Cleveland.... GM's are a necessity on the NFL  no doubt..... But doesn't guarantee shit!  RM is a rookie trying to experiment and find an identity... SO meanwhile us slaves that support this garbage have to wait 3 years to see playoffs... I NEVER said were SB bound so stop putting words in my mouth to get an edge...you take time to quote posts detailed out....but not take the time to read word for word what i say! ... It's ok you only care about proving your right and me wrong... I get it... you feel threatened for some reason....hahahah LOL I am just pulling your leg.... I respect your opinion very much and dig you originality

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #617 on: February 11, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »
The flaw was taking a primarily man to man coverage corner and putting him in a zone defense and expecting the same results. Along with making you offensive line coach you defensive coordinator, which is what Philly did. This is not basketball or Madden. You can't make a dream team and expect it work right away. A team needs to gel. Let's see what happens next year.

Yes the schemes didn't help Nnamdi in Philadelphia, just like the schemes didn't help Routt in Oakland. But I watched a lot of Philadelphia games & I saw quarterbacks not afraid to attack Nnamdi side.

Nnamdi started from 2005-2010. Jadummy started in 2008. Was benched most of 2009 and released in 2010. And even if what you said was true. The teams that were beating us had to put points on the board, and I am sure they did it by passing the ball and TD passes. But not too many of them came at the expenses of Nnaamdi that is for sure. Teams that try and run out the clock do so when they have the lead well in hand.

Wow... Gee, I missed the time before the Jamarcus era.. Oh yeah that's right Norv Turner & KFC #LegitOffense... Aaron Brookes running the Bread&Breakfast Offense #SHAKINGINMYBOOTS & Lane Kiffins Josh McCown Combo #juggernaut ... There's no hiding the fact Raidersully that teams went conservative on us for those 5 years because we couldn't score shit. When teams arn't throwing the ball and using the ground in pound it translates into CB's not locking down WR and focusing on tackling.

And how many times was Routt burned in this 2011 season? Well he allowed 9 touchdown catches last season, more than any other cornerback in the league. Not much of a number 1. Seems going to the air, more importantly throwing to Routt's side, was a better option. And how is the lackluster performance of teams coached by Norv Turner, Lane Kiffin, and Tom Cable Nnamdi's fault?

It's not Nnamdis fault for the lackluster performance by Norv, Lane & Cable coached teams... As I said before he was never put in a position to constantly lockdown a wide receiver because the raiders were trying to defend our opposition running game.

I listed 7 games (@DEN, @BUF, vNYJ, vCLE, vDEN, @SD, vMIN, vDET) where Oakland had to focus on defending the pass because teams were trailing on the scoreboard (& that's not even mentioning the games where we had to focus on elite QB play this year from the likes of Brady, Schuab & Rodgers where those Offenses have been primarily passing teams.

Nnamdi would of seen his fair share of elite QB's in Oakland jersey.. But Nnamdi would of seen some very conservative plays been called by opponents Offensive Co-Ordinators.

But how many TD's did he give up? INT's don't always equal wins. But giving up too many TD's does result in losing.

I agree with that statement bro... But I will say that Routt not necessarily responsible for giving up 9 td's... Chuck Bresnahan was awful.. No 2 ways about it.

I think it's great he got those INT's. But that doesn't mean he earned his contract. This is the issue. It's performing to your contract. He didn't and was cut. That is how the NFL works. No different than when a player out plays his contract and wants a new one. I can't see why they would not have asked Routt to restructure. So if they did and he said no, than this was the best option.

So he has one INT that you can remember and that means he should get a $54 million dollar contract?

I never said he earned his contract I previously wrote:

Now Routt was payed a lot of dollars & I agree he is not worth that contract. But when did Nnamdi ever play that many games with his team leading on the scoreboard???

And that one INT makes him better than a CB than Nnamdi? I don't follow your logic at all. By the way, Nnamdi had two INT's this year. And that was with anew team and new defensive scheme.

Never said Routt was a better CB then Nnamdi either, I said he was a better playmaker (as in when the ball is thrown his way.. he will make the INT) there's a difference partner.

BTW if i could choose between the 2 players... I'd take Nnamdi back in the silver n black over Routt.. Wouldn't want to pay Nnamdi (17 mil) & I wouldn't want to pay Routt (10 mil)

I just made the argument that Nnamdi was overrated here when in Oakland.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:08:14 AM by RaiderWildeStyle »

raidersully

Defensive Back Options to Replace Stanford Routt

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061802-oakland-raiders-defensive-back-options-to-replace-recently-cut-stanford-routt

Tracy Porter from the Saints would be nice. They are also looking at losing their G Carl Nicks. He would be someone to look at also.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

raidersully

« Reply #614 on: February 10, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »

Nnamdi was a great cornerback for the Raiders... But the statistics were flawed when Raiders propaganda stated that teams would only throw in his direction once or twice a game.

That flaw has been exposed when he goes to Philadelphia & gives up big plays.

The flaw was taking a primarily man to man coverage corner and putting him in a zone defense and expecting the same results. Along with making you offensive line coach you defensive coordinator, which is what Philly did. This is not basketball or Madden. You can't make a dream team and expect it work right away. A team needs to gel. Let's see what happens next year.

The logic behind Nnamdi being such a good cornerback in Oakland is that he played a lot of his football during the Jamarcus Russell era, this lead to the Oakland Raiders football team trailing a lot in games as Russell failed to put points on the board & our opponents would go into the mentality of milking the clock with the run game(& instead of covering wide receivers he would switch to tackling runningbacks)

Nnamdi started from 2005-2010. Jadummy started in 2008. Was benched most of 2009 and released in 2010. And even if what you said was true. The teams that were beating us had to put points on the board, and I am sure they did it by passing the ball and TD passes. But not too many of them came at the expenses of Nnaamdi that is for sure. Teams that try and run out the clock do so when they have the lead well in hand.

Stanford Routt has received unfair criticism ever since Nnamdi left because the Oakland Raiders 2011 team was a high octane offense that could put points on the board. the games in which we led this season by legitamate margins forcing our opponents to abandon the run & focus on the pass were (@DEN, @BUF, vNYJ, vCLE, vDEN, @SD, vMIN, vDET)... (I remember way more Raiders leads in the 2011 season then when the Raiders led on the scoreboard in 2010) ... Now Routt was payed a lot of dollars & I agree he is not worth that contract. But when did Nnamdi ever play that many games with his team leading on the scoreboard???

And how many times was Routt burned in this 2011 season? Well he allowed 9 touchdown catches last season, more than any other cornerback in the league. Not much of a number 1. Seems going to the air, more importantly throwing to Routt's side, was a better option. And how is the lackluster performance of teams coached by Norv Turner, Lane Kiffin, and Tom Cable Nnamdi's fault?

But Nnamdi is overated & not even in the same breath as a guy like Darrell Revis (Nnamdi can stay with his man, but to pay him 17 million dollars for a season where in 2010 the dude couldn't even get a interception).

But how many TD's did he give up? INT's don't always equal wins. But giving up too many TD's does result in losing.

I think it's unfair to say that Stanford Routt 4 INT's didn't mean shit because Stanford became the new Nnamdi in terms of opposing quarterbacks targeting the other cornerback (CJ, DVD) ... Stanford would of seen probably less then 30% of balls thrown in a cornerback direction & would of seen a lot more passing plays this year due to opponents trailing on scoreboard.

I think it's great he got those INT's. But that doesn't mean he earned his contract. This is the issue. It's performing to your contract. He didn't and was cut. That is how the NFL works. No different than when a player out plays his contract and wants a new one. I can't see why they would not have asked Routt to restructure. So if they did and he said no, than this was the best option.

And when he got his 30% he gave up 9 TD's. More than ANY OTHER CB THIS YEAR!

Stanford was a far-better playmaker then Nnamdi ever will be. The Raiders could of easily been 7-9 because as I remember Stanford Routt had a clutch pick in the 4th quarter of that Minesota game, did he not?

So he has one INT that you can remember and that means he should get a $54 million dollar contract? And that one INT makes him better than a CB than Nnamdi? I don't follow your logic at all. By the way, Nnamdi had two INT's this year. And that was with anew team and new defensive scheme.

raidersully

« Reply #613 on: February 10, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »
"Now that Al is gone players will come ..." WTF? Why? I mean teams won't even give us permission to talk to assistant coaches about hiring a DC...I mean come on!  People won't come until we win! Period! And watching the moves were making indicates REBUILD!...what does that mean? Means 7-8 wins at very best! If you think MORE wins your fucking begging like a child on X-Mas Eve! Ain't going to happen.... IF you think for a second that Gregg take a Knapp will have what it takes under pressure to lead us to a SB...you need to put the crack pipe down and detox!  Cause when you put the reality glasses on....this team is becoming a expansion team now!...no one knows what to expect but the real Experts who I'd say 95% of time are 100% accurate is Las Vegas...they have us at 100 to 1 to win the SB...so please no Super Star is going to flee to The Raiders just cause Al passed away...they have a washed up QB with 3 years left at best of quality of QB play from 32 year old Palmer....so let's watch our house burn down and sing that 80's song "Burning Down the house"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This team needs a rebuild. If you think this team was on it's way to a Super Bowl you are the one that needs to detox. We have been screaming for years to get a GM. We got one. One that came with VERY high praise from many people all over the league and those who were trusted by Al Davis. Getting rid of a shitty CB who was on the Al Davis Scholarship Program is exactly why we needed a GM. Too many player were signed by Al with big money contracts that never earned it. This is a great message sent to the rest of the team.

And we are 60/1 odds to win the Super Bowl. Off course Vegas also had the Patri-rats at 3 point favorites. How did that work out?

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Nnamdi is kind of overated
« Reply #612 on: February 10, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »

Of course it was about the money, $30 million for Routt...the contract was ridiculous and all of us knew it.  You mentioned his 4 INTs, Routt's 4 picks mean dick...Nmandi SHUTDOWN the opposing team's #1 wideout game in and game out, there is no comparison...case closed...Routt blows...penalties are not OK for a CB you deem to be #1

Nnamdi was a great cornerback for the Raiders... But the statistics were flawed when Raiders propaganda stated that teams would only throw in his direction once or twice a game.

That flaw has been exposed when he goes to Philadelphia & gives up big plays.

The logic behind Nnamdi being such a good cornerback in Oakland is that he played a lot of his football during the Jamarcus Russell era, this lead to the Oakland Raiders football team trailing a lot in games as Russell failed to put points on the board & our opponents would go into the mentality of milking the clock with the run game(& instead of covering wide receivers he would switch to tackling runningbacks)

Stanford Routt has received unfair criticism ever since Nnamdi left because the Oakland Raiders 2011 team was a high octane offense that could put points on the board. the games in which we led this season by legitamate margins forcing our opponents to abandon the run & focus on the pass were (@DEN, @BUF, vNYJ, vCLE, vDEN, @SD, vMIN, vDET)... (I remember way more Raiders leads in the 2011 season then when the Raiders led on the scoreboard in 2010) ... Now Routt was payed a lot of dollars & I agree he is not worth that contract. But when did Nnamdi ever play that many games with his team leading on the scoreboard???

But Nnamdi is overated & not even in the same breath as a guy like Darrell Revis (Nnamdi can stay with his man, but to pay him 17 million dollars for a season where in 2010 the dude couldn't even get a interception).

I think it's unfair to say that Stanford Routt 4 INT's didn't mean shit because Stanford became the new Nnamdi in terms of opposing quarterbacks targeting the other cornerback (CJ, DVD) ... Stanford would of seen probably less then 30% of balls thrown in a cornerback direction & would of seen a lot more passing plays this year due to opponents trailing on scoreboard.

Stanford was a far-better playmaker then Nnamdi ever will be. The Raiders could of easily been 7-9 because as I remember Stanford Routt had a clutch pick in the 4th quarter of that Minesota game, did he not?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:21:02 PM by RaiderWildeStyle »

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #611 on: February 10, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »
"To all the Al-guys....get on the bus or prepare to be ran over by it

thank you

Reggie McKenzie"

....Routt was later rumored to of had tire tracks across his chest :P

I love it, there are more corners out there that are cheaper and just a good as Routt ;)

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #610 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09:20 PM »
Al was very generous to his players...but his generousity didnt produce SuperBowl wins in the past 10 years...the easy money paydays for buffoonery effort are over...now players will earn their big money contracts...and yeah winning cures all, Change is sometimes hard to digest but needed to be done for so long!...Aint nothing we the fans can do about it but sit back and watch...:o...GO RAIDERS!

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Wish List Players, Rumors, etc)
« Reply #609 on: February 10, 2012, 01:20:37 PM »
"Now that Al is gone players will come ..." WTF? Why? I mean teams won't even give us permission to talk to assistant coaches about hiring a DC...I mean come on!  People won't come until we win! Period! And watching the moves were making indicates REBUILD!...what does that mean? Means 7-8 wins at very best! If you think MORE wins your fucking begging like a child on X-Mas Eve! Ain't going to happen.... IF you think for a second that Gregg take a Knapp will have what it takes under pressure to lead us to a SB...you need to put the crack pipe down and detox!  Cause when you put the reality glasses on....this team is becoming a expansion team now!...no one knows what to expect but the real Experts who I'd say 95% of time are 100% accurate is Las Vegas...they have us at 100 to 1 to win the SB...so please no Super Star is going to flee to The Raiders just cause Al passed away...they have a washed up QB with 3 years left at best of quality of QB play from 32 year old Palmer....so let's watch our house burn down and sing that 80's song "Burning Down the house"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline R8ER

• Rookie Member
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Wish List Players, Rumors, Trades, Cuts, Injuries, etc)
« Reply #608 on: February 10, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
See ya Routt.   Sorry potna you never played like a #1....u were a penalty machine anyway....when asked to renegotiate the contract he probably refused....so he was asked to leave.  We will still have to pay him some nice coin but it puts the team on notice. These contracts are a mess.  I love it.  Coach Allen is getting Tracy Porter in here from the Saints...believe it

I am on the same thought as well! Players that see that Al is no longer in control will be more open to come to Oak Town!

Offline R8ER

• Rookie Member
« Reply #607 on: February 10, 2012, 11:39:24 AM »
Of course it was about the money, $30 million for Routt...the contract was ridiculous and all of us knew it.  You mentioned his 4 INTs, Routt's 4 picks mean dick...Nmandi SHUTDOWN the opposing team's #1 wideout game in and game out, there is no comparison...case closed...Routt blows...penalties are not OK for a CB you deem to be #1

As for our secondary, do you honestly believe that McKenzie and Allen are going to roll with DVD and Lito for our starting CBs?????  Give me a break dude

LOTS of personnel changes coming...get rid of these underachieving shitbirds

Agreed! Good comment!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:40:18 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #606 on: February 10, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »
SMDH at this move but I guess CB's are growing on trees around the NFL...our secondary would of been 10 times worse without Routt.... he's got 4 INTs in 2011 that's 3 more than Nnamdi had his entire career as a Raider...the penalties? Fuck!...we set a world record as a team for penalties...so wtf does that have anything to do with anything....the only logical reason is money...he was way over paid for performance...but I'm sure he'd restructure...he did with Seymour right before the season  to make room in cap to sign Kevin Boss ...So don't think he wouldn't of restructured...this move feels risky our secondary already blew dogs for quarters now we have washed up CB in Sheppard and CJ and a raw young one in DVD....again like I said before this year started.. Losing Oz was the worst thing that ever happened to this team! CB's don't grow on trees! ....It's the pinnacle on winning and losing....IF We had Oz we'd had won 3 more games easily this year!

As for our secondary, do you honestly believe that McKenzie and Allen are going to roll with DVD and Lito for our starting CBs?????  Give me a break dude

He may blow but WHO ELSE WE FUCKING GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O yeahs thats right NO ONE

Calm down it's the 2nd week of February for chrissakes
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Frank

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #605 on: February 10, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »
If these are the BIG changes that everyone is talking about.
GET ON WITH IT!

Some of the salaries the Raiders have traditionally given out have been whack alright.
Routt was a decent player but not a top 5 CB.
He'll probably get a big paycheck with another team but not a similar contract.
Some of the other Raiders players have to be thinking soooo long and they won’t be making that kind of money anywhere else.

I just hope that Mackenzie doesn’t get to the point where he is just cutting and cutting and getting journeymen to fill the most critical spots. SOMETIMES you do have to pay to get that player who can make a difference.

GO Raiders
Raider Frank
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:39:42 PM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
SMDH at this move but I guess CB's are growing on trees around the NFL...our secondary would of been 10 times worse without Routt.... he's got 4 INTs in 2011 that's 3 more than Nnamdi had his entire career as a Raider...the penalties? Fuck!...we set a world record as a team for penalties...so wtf does that have anything to do with anything....the only logical reason is money...he was way over paid for performance...but I'm sure he'd restructure...he did with Seymour right before the season  to make room in cap to sign Kevin Boss ...So don't think he wouldn't of restructured...this move feels risky our secondary already blew dogs for quarters now we have washed up CB in Sheppard and CJ and a raw young one in DVD....again like I said before this year started.. Losing Oz was the worst thing that ever happened to this team! CB's don't grow on trees! ....It's the pinnacle on winning and losing....IF We had Oz we'd had won 3 more games easily this year!

He may blow but WHO ELSE WE FUCKING GOT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O yeahs thats right NO ONE
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:39:04 PM by Randy »