Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 104610 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders may try to trade with Jets for Tebow?
« Reply #704 on: April 01, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
Will the Oakland Raiders Pursue Tim Tebow?
http://broncotalk.net/2012/04/30821/nfl-news-notes/will-the-oakland-raiders-pursue-tim-tebow/

"The Raiders would like to retain quarterbacks Carson Palmer and Terrelle Pryor, but they reportedly would be willing to trade Rhett Bomar and five of their seven 2013 draft selections to New York in exchange for Tebow."

Complete story:
http://broncotalk.net/2012/04/30821/nfl-news-notes/will-the-oakland-raiders-pursue-tim-tebow/

(Note....this story is from a site called RaidersTalk....but the url starts with broncotalk. A fake Raiders site by Broncos fans?)

P.S. The details of this hypothetical trade.....I might be able to go along with giving up 5 of our 7 draft picks in 2013 for Tebow, but I CAN'T go along with giving up our QB Rhett Bomar. He's the man! Our future franchise QB! Tebow would be our wildcat guy.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Campbell vs. Goodson
« Reply #703 on: March 31, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
To me, this is actually the first move Reggie has made that I'm not on board about.  I agree with RaiderWilde where we could have landed Goodson for really nothing.  With Carolina's addition of Tolbert, Goodson simply needed a place to land.  We coulda got him in here for cheap.  As for Campbell, I really don't know how to analyze him as he has never been utilized.  What I can say is that he is now in his 3rd tenure of coaches and he has yet to really blow anyone anyway with his talent.  I am thinking he is an undisciplined player, who perhaps has gotten away based on his size and strength up until now. Also, Campbell's skill set may be perhaps the opposite in what the new staff is looking for in the Raiders O-Line.  I am happy that we strengthened our RB core.

Either way, in Reggie I trust.  This one move concerns me, but I am more than happy in the direction we have gone thus far.  WE WILL BE COMPETITIVE THIS FALL!  BELIEVE IT. GO RAIDERS

With not much cap room and not many draft picks, Reggie is has to do more with less. In the running back position, maybe he's hoping the Raiders (with the switch to the Zone Blocking System) won't need top running backs to get good rushing yardage. Remember how they always said Denver could plug an average running back into their zone blocking system and turn him into a 1000+ yard rusher? Terrell Davis and others. We do have one high end RB in McFadden. He was leading the league in rushing last year before he got hurt. It would have been nice to keep Bush too, but we need cap space to sign our draft picks.

Here's an article about what I was talking about.....how the zone blocking system makes average RBs productive. IF everyone does their job.

http://chi.scout.com/2/632795.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:50:22 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Campbell vs. Goodson
« Reply #702 on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »
To me, this is actually the first move Reggie has made that I'm not on board about.  I agree with RaiderWilde where we could have landed Goodson for really nothing.  With Carolina's addition of Tolbert, Goodson simply needed a place to land.  We coulda got him in here for cheap.  As for Campbell, I really don't know how to analyze him as he has never been utilized.  What I can say is that he is now in his 3rd tenure of coaches and he has yet to really blow anyone anyway with his talent.  I am thinking he is an undisciplined player, who perhaps has gotten away based on his size and strength up until now. Also, Campbell's skill set may be perhaps the opposite in what the new staff is looking for in the Raiders O-Line.  I am happy that we strengthened our RB core.

Either way, in Reggie I trust.  This one move concerns me, but I am more than happy in the direction we have gone thus far.  WE WILL BE COMPETITIVE THIS FALL!  BELIEVE IT. GO RAIDERS
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:23:07 PM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Goodson vs Gibson
« Reply #701 on: March 31, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »
Raiders trade Bruce Campbell for veteran RB Mike Goodson. 

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/03/30/raiders-trade-for-veteran-running-back/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such a stupid trade..

Goodson would've eventually been cut being the 4th guy in that RB depth of (DeAngelo, Stewart, Tolbert & Goodson)

Reggie basically gave up depth (which we needed) on the Offensive Line for a guy we could've gotten for nothing... 2 months down the track.

Another move by a GM which shows me has no clue how to operate an NFL football team.
I don't understand why you wouldn't like this move. Bruce campbell is a injury waiting to happen, also he is one of the old Al Davis regime. He got a free ride this year I don't think he has started and hes just big hasn't proven shit. So I'm happy with it I didn't trust Tiawan yet but has potential.
GIBSON IS NO BUSH AND TO SAY WE "LANDED HIM" IS A HUGE STRETCH.....OUR TEAM IS LOOKING VERY "2ND" STRING TO ME......JUST SAYIN.... WE WILL BECOME THE NEXT CAROLINA PANTHERS IF WE KEEP LOSING TALENT FOR  GUYS THAT "ALMOST" CAN PLAY......I AM VERY CONCERNED!

Greg, who is this "Gibson" guy you're talking about?  ::)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:36:05 AM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Raiders trade Bruce Campbell for veteran RB Mike Goodson
« Reply #700 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:55 AM »

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/03/30/raiders-trade-for-veteran-running-back/

Goodson would've eventually been cut being the 4th guy in that RB depth of (DeAngelo, Stewart, Tolbert & Goodson)

Reggie basically gave up depth (which we needed) on the Offensive Line for a guy we could've gotten for nothing... 2 months down the track.

Another move by a GM which shows me has no clue how to operate an NFL football team.
I don't understand why you wouldn't like this move. Bruce campbell is a injury waiting to happen, also he is one of the old Al Davis regime. He got a free ride this year I don't think he has started and hes just big hasn't proven shit. So I'm happy with it I didn't trust Tiawan yet but has potential.
GIBSON IS NO BUSH AND TO SAY WE "LANDED HIM" IS A HUGE STRETCH.....OUR TEAM IS LOOKING VERY "2ND" STRING TO ME......JUST SAYIN.... WE WILL BECOME THE NEXT CAROLINA PANTHERS IF WE KEEP LOSING TALENT FOR  GUYS THAT "ALMOST" CAN PLAY......I AM VERY CONCERNED!

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #699 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
The State of the Raiders.....position by position
« Reply #698 on: March 30, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #697 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:42 PM »

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:27:25 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders trade Bruce Campbell for veteran RB Mike Goodson
« Reply #696 on: March 30, 2012, 04:08:12 PM »

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:11:31 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)
« Reply #695 on: March 30, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »

Panthers trade Mike Goodson to the Raiders http://t.co/2J6j5MWW

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #692 on: March 26, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
Raiders HC Dennis Allen planning to be on NFL Talk Radio (Sirus/XM) tonight at 9pm. If I'm able to obtain a link afterwards I'll post.

DA was on earlier then expected. Here is the link.

http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/rrrrrrffadfadsfaraiders-new-head-coach-dennis

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)
« Reply #691 on: March 26, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
Raiders HC Dennis Allen planning to be on NFL Talk Radio (Sirus/XM) tonight at 9pm. If I'm able to obtain a link afterwards I'll post.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #689 on: March 24, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »
Michael Bush can kick rocks....he could have stayed with us but he wants $$$.  Michael Bush's signing wasn't about being a starter...it was about the funds and there was no way in the world we'd re-sign him for all the cake that Chicago is giving him.  Chicago has got to be out of their mind and Bush won't get as many touches as he would've if he had stayed with us. 

Once upon a time players used to stick with their team just because of loyalty.  With the exception of Hines Ward that seems to be something that is obsolete. 

For depth purposes I wish we could snag Chris Carr back.....stanking Chefs are looking at him now.  My three concerns is getting another pounder in the back-field, replacing Wimbley's vacant spot, and adding depth to the DB positions.  People can say what they want, but CB and FS are very thin....who will start if Huff goes down??  I'm not worried about SS since we have Mitchell...but if Huff gets hurt, we're screwed.

Ab-so-frickin'-lutely.  The players that don't want to stay here I have no love for.  Campbell and Bush will be riding the pine in Chi-town.  They coulda played here.  See ya fellas...like Raider Greg said, it's all about the dough.  There is NO COMMITTMENT to a team if their bank account is being padded.  Loyalty is a thing of the past...and don't even get me started on how these guys are much more soft now...last tough guy who played in this league was Favre....
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #688 on: March 24, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
Wimbley gone...Bush gone...WOW!...are the Raiders trying to sell tickets or what?...Is Raider Mike still gonna buy his tix to see these Raiders...lol...
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

NaganDaRaider

« Reply #687 on: March 23, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »
Michael Bush can kick rocks....he could have stayed with us but he wants $$$.  Michael Bush's signing wasn't about being a starter...it was about the funds and there was no way in the world we'd re-sign him for all the cake that Chicago is giving him.  Chicago has got to be out of their mind and Bush won't get as many touches as he would've if he had stayed with us. 

Once upon a time players used to stick with their team just because of loyalty.  With the exception of Hines Ward that seems to be something that is obsolete. 

For depth purposes I wish we could snag Chris Carr back.....stanking Chefs are looking at him now.  My three concerns is getting another pounder in the back-field, replacing Wimbley's vacant spot, and adding depth to the DB positions.  People can say what they want, but CB and FS are very thin....who will start if Huff goes down??  I'm not worried about SS since we have Mitchell...but if Huff gets hurt, we're screwed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:12:31 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #686 on: March 23, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »
Bush signs 4yr 14mil with the bears...sucks
YEP THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO HOPING HE WOULD RESIGN WITH US.........OH AND DREW STANTON WANTS OUT OF JETS VILLE..... HE WOULD BE WORTH LOOKING AT FOR A BACKUP QB...... 8)

I am really confused by this everything is changing here and he will still be a back-up so other than money reasons (don't know how much we would have paid him) I don't know why he is leaving. He would of been more in the game planning here behind McFadden then behind Forte. Man this sucks. So much for that one two punch. All i know is Taiwan Jones better be able to somewhat fill that void. We will lose power but gain speed. I think we should go after Jackie Battle of KC. He would probably come somewhat cheap and it would give us another big body at RB for third downs and goal line situations.
Yeah i haven't understood anything Bush wanting to be a starter and he ends up being a back up in Chicago, when knowing McFadden will probably get hurt and have a chance to start here in Oakland. And Campbell going to the bears to be anther back up when he could of went else where.
ITS ABOUT FUCKIN MONEY!!!!! THE AGENTS FOR ALL THESE GUYS IS SAYIN THE RAIDERS DONT HAVE THE CASH SO ITS TIME TO JUMP SHIP........WERE TOTALY FUCKED IF REGGIE DOESNT START SIGNING PLAYERS OF AT LEAST EQUIL SKILLS TO WHO WE LOST.....

Equil? Is that like that cold syrup Nyquil?  ;D  ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:03:23 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #685 on: March 23, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
YEP THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO HOPING HE WOULD RESIGN WITH US.........OH AND DREW STANTON WANTS OUT OF JETS VILLE..... HE WOULD BE WORTH LOOKING AT FOR A BACKUP QB...... 8)

I am really confused by this everything is changing here and he will still be a back-up so other than money reasons (don't know how much we would have paid him) I don't know why he is leaving. He would of been more in the game planning here behind McFadden then behind Forte. Man this sucks. So much for that one two punch. All i know is Taiwan Jones better be able to somewhat fill that void. We will lose power but gain speed. I think we should go after Jackie Battle of KC. He would probably come somewhat cheap and it would give us another big body at RB for third downs and goal line situations.
Yeah i haven't understood anything Bush wanting to be a starter and he ends up being a back up in Chicago, when knowing McFadden will probably get hurt and have a chance to start here in Oakland. And Campbell going to the bears to be anther back up when he could of went else where.
ITS ABOUT FUCKIN MONEY!!!!! THE AGENTS FOR ALL THESE GUYS IS SAYIN THE RAIDERS DONT HAVE THE CASH SO ITS TIME TO JUMP SHIP........WERE TOTALY FUCKED IF REGGIE DOESNT START SIGNING PLAYERS OF AT LEAST EQUIL SKILLS TO WHO WE LOST.....

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #684 on: March 22, 2012, 08:47:14 PM »

RaiderBille

« Reply #683 on: March 22, 2012, 03:21:07 PM »

Sucks Big Time, but i think we will be okay with Marcel Reesce and Taiwan Jones, Mayonaise Tonga is a real full back and we can move Marcel to back up DMAC! Agree with Raider Greg, Drew Stanton is a need and Boler of crap needs to go! Go Raiders

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #682 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:42:35 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #681 on: March 22, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #680 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #679 on: March 21, 2012, 12:18:31 PM »
Looks like Wiz will be moved to center this season. Colts have signed Samson Satele.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Maybe, just maybe?
« Reply #677 on: March 20, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Seymour says he will lose sleep over Broncos signing of Manning
« Reply #676 on: March 19, 2012, 07:08:59 PM »
Seymour (jokingly) says he will lose sleep over Broncos signing of Manning
http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/03/19/seymour-losing-sleep-over-broncos-getting-manning/

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders' Michael Huff is happy Peyton Manning is in Denver
« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Samson Satele arrested in Hawaii
« Reply #674 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »
Samson Satele arrested in Hawaii
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/03/18/free-agent-center-satele-arrested/

Well, if we are going to resign him, he'll be a hell of a lot cheaper now....
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Samson Satele arrested in Hawaii
« Reply #673 on: March 18, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders tell Wimbley he’s being released
« Reply #671 on: March 16, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders eyeing corners who could replace Routt
« Reply #669 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Rock Cartwright signs one year deal with 49ers
« Reply #668 on: March 15, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »
Rock Cartwright signs one year deal with 49ers

So he becomes the first Raiders player to win the Commitment to Excellence award in back to back years, then a week after his award dinner he leaves for the 49ers? Now there's commitment!

Well, on the other hand, we don't know the details. Maybe the Raiders didn't offer to renew his contract. After all, he did say at his award dinner, "I lay my heart out there every game I was out there. I really can’t worry about stuff I can’t control. That’s between those guys and my agent, and hopefully something can be worked out. I love it here. I would like to spend the rest of my career here. How long is that, who knows? But I’m going to let the front office and my agent handle that."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/cartwright-crosses-the-bay/

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/03/15/cartwright-coming-across-the-bay-to-fill-49ers-voids/

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Cartwright-set-to-go-from-Raiders-to-49e?blockID=670422&feedID=2539

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/15/report-49ers-sign-special-teams-ace-cartwright/?tsp=1
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:29:22 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:05:43 PM by Randy »
- George Orwell

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #665 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Chaz Schilens visting the 49ers today...try not to break your leg when getting out of the car Glass!
- George Orwell

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #664 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »
I like the cut of Kevin Boss. I don't really think Palmer is a tight end guy, and he didn't really impress me this year. Also I agree with what Palmer has been saying, I think Ausberry is a boss. He's big physical and get the same job done for about three million cheaper a year. Also we have Brandon Meyers, who can be a solid compliment to Ausberry. Not much on Gordon. I think he will eventually be cut later in the preseason.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:50:27 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders tender contracts to 4 free agents (Bryant, Reece, Brodine, McCann)
« Reply #663 on: March 12, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
Raiders tender contracts to 4 free agents

The Oakland Raiders have tendered one-year contracts to four potential free agents.

The team announced Monday that it tendered deals to restricted free agent defensive lineman Desmond Bryant and three exclusive rights free agents: fullback Marcel Reece, defensive end Mason Brodine and cornerback Bryan McCann.

The offers mean the Raiders have the right to match any contract offer to Bryant or receive compensation if he leaves. The three exclusive rights players can negotiate with other teams.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/03/12/sports/s162526D83.DTL

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Make-Free-Agent-Tenders--Confirm-Restructure/6bbdd14a-185d-4d49-b0cf-13a546cebff3
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:17:06 PM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #661 on: March 08, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »
Well huff and Seymour have restructured there deals which is a good sign because it shows they want to improve the team and take a "pay cut". And second we have saved 12 million in cap space only like 10 more to go.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
McFadden is 100% healthy per Steve Corkran tweet
« Reply #660 on: March 06, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders WR situation in flux
« Reply #659 on: March 06, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders' franchise tag on Branch no surprise around league
« Reply #658 on: March 04, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #656 on: March 02, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
Well it seems like Michael huff will be back next year.  I had no doubt that he wouldn't be cut but it's not final and anything can still happen.

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Raiders place franchise tag on Branch; Bush odd-man out?
« Reply #655 on: March 02, 2012, 04:49:51 PM »
Raiders place franchise tag on Branch; Bush odd-man out?

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/03/01/report-raiders-will-put-franchise-tag-on-tyvon-branch/

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/raiders-talk/post/Raiders-place-franchise-tag-on-Branch?blockID=661388&feedID=2801

So if Bush does leave who thinks we should go try and get Peyton Hillis for a descent price. Wouldnt hurt to try since his stock fell after not having a very good year last year. I think he would be a descent replacement if any for Bush if he leaves.

Yeah, the price tag for Hillis is the question...would love to get another bruising-type back to replace him.

Looking at the FA RBs this off-season,, a few names jump out that could compliment DMAC:

Jason Snelling, ATL
Kahlil Bell, CHI
Isaac Redman, PIT
Mike Tolbert, SD
Justin Forsett, SEA

I think that the Coaching staff is gonna stack up on the D though, given that we may be releasing more bodies in the near future.

These contracts are so jacked up, it's frustrating!!!

- George Orwell