Author Topic: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)  (Read 95106 times)

Offline Tokai Raider

Where is the insanity? This is boring!
« Reply #753 on: May 14, 2012, 04:54:51 AM »
What kind of Raider off-season is this? No crazy draft picks, no arrests (except one -- thank you, DHB), no idiots waking up drunk and beat up in Vegas, no giant contracts offered to crappy players (thank you, Javon, for so many memories), no purple drank ... nothing! All we've gotten are logical draft picks, well-planned signings, and a team that seems to run ... according to plan. That's not the Raiders! I need drama, I need insanity, I need shit to complain about! Even the owner going to a Clippers game got explained away as not a threat that the team would leave. What?? The owner having a nice interview with the local media and saying he wants to stay in Oakland?? God help me. At this rate, we'll start winning, and where's the fun in that? ... no ... wait ... oh yeah, that is fun. it's been a while since i've seen it with any regularity, but i seem to remember it being fun. didn't we used to, like, win more than we lost? that used to happen, right? so ... maybe that could happen again, if this whole "run the team like a professional organization" thing works out? well ... can we still have a little drama? can a player knock up a cheerleader or something? or like in cincinnati, can one of the cheerleaders be a high school teacher who gets busted for having sex with her students? that would be hilarious. please. throw me a bone here.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Granite Bay's Burris eager to play for Raiders
« Reply #752 on: May 14, 2012, 02:52:53 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Darren McFadden "making cuts at full speed"
« Reply #751 on: May 14, 2012, 02:50:18 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: RAIDERS PLAYERS (Trades, Cuts, Injuries, Rumors, etc.)
« Reply #745 on: May 09, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
Pryor has so many "I" statements that he sounds like the selfish person many think he is! This guy reminds me of JaScuse..... Its everyones falt but mine..... PLEASE.... Give me a freakin break.... This guy destroys one of the best programs in the NCAA and a Great coach and all he can say is "i"..... PURE PUNK! You will all see....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:52:05 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:54:18 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Roster Review: Khalif Barnes
« Reply #743 on: May 09, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Marcel Reece: Player profile
« Reply #740 on: May 06, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Ex-Oakland Raider Jon Alston - eye-opening thoughts about concussions
« Reply #738 on: May 06, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
Ex-Oakland Raider Jon Alston has some eye-opening thoughts about concussions and the NFL
http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_20561236/ex-oakland-raider-jon-alston-has-some-eye

Show news day today, and the last few days. This was the only new Raiders related article I could find today. I'll recheck later in the afternoon and then post the Daily News Links. Hopefully there will be something new by then besides this article. Good article though! Best wishes to Jon Alston. Sounds like he's doing well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:12:58 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Matt Leinart remains hopeful he’ll get off the sideline, on the field
« Reply #737 on: May 05, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
Matt Leinart remains hopeful he’ll get off the sideline, on the field
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/05/matt-leinart-remains-hopeful-hell-get-off-the-sideline-on-the-field/

If you haven't heard it yet, here is the radio interview that this article is based on....Good interview:
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=7892142

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Leinart always looked up to Palmer, will again
« Reply #736 on: May 05, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Nose tackle for multiple Raiders? Kelly
Jerry McDonald, NFL writer

Raiders coach Dennis Allen sat down with Tim Kawakami Wednesday and one of the nuggets during a 20-minute conversation is that Tommy Kelly would be the nose tackle should Oakland employ a 3-4 defense.

Complete article:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/05/02/nose-tackle-for-multiple-raiders-kelly/

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Bo Jackson finishes 300-mile tornado relief bicycle ride
« Reply #730 on: April 30, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »
Bo Jackson finishes 300-mile tornado relief bicycle ride

I guess Bo still knows bikes! Must be getting ready for the Tour de France.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/28/4450106/heisman-winner-bo-jacksons-relief.html

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9sz6xhPkGJ4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9sz6xhPkGJ4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bs-1hPkLKeQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bs-1hPkLKeQ</a>

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:48:40 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Tale of the Tape: Dave Tollefson
« Reply #729 on: April 25, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Now or never for DHB
« Reply #728 on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Tyvon Branch surprises students at Bear Road Elementary in Syracuse, NY
« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2012, 12:31:32 AM »
Tyvon Branch surprises students at Bear Road Elementary in Syracuse, NY
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/oakland_raiders_tyvon_branch_s.html

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #723 on: April 17, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
The raiders have resigned Matt Girodano Giordano. This is my favorite move of this off season. One of my favorite defensive backs on the team and he brings some age to our very young secondary.

Not favorite enough to know how to pronounce  spell his name, huh?  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D

Fixed it for you :)
Randy's made fun of me before for spelling the same name wrong when we played Kansas City at Kansas City. I think it's time to learn how to spell......

If you spell it GIROdano, you've gotta pronounce it GIROdano.  ;)

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #722 on: April 17, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
The raiders have resigned Matt Girodano Giordano. This is my favorite move of this off season. One of my favorite defensive backs on the team and he brings some age to our very young secondary.

Not favorite enough to know how to pronounce  spell his name, huh?  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D

Randy's made fun of me before for spelling the same name wrong when we played Kansas City at Kansas City. I think it's time to learn how to spell......

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #721 on: April 17, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »

COYS

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #720 on: April 17, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »

I'm with ya, it's a good move.  Adds depth to our DBs.   Tough kid and he plays hard.   You can never have enough guys like that on your team...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:47:53 PM by Randy »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #718 on: April 16, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »

Not favorite enough to know how to pronounce his name, huh?  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:48:26 PM by Randy »

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #717 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:43 PM »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:48:44 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
WR Denarius Moore hopes to build on his rookie-year success during 2nd season
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Back-for-Moore/db1f65ca-6be4-4f8d-a45c-5a8e04604469
Let's hope that Carson stays upright......because MOORE is clearly our best weapon.........WHEN MCHURT GETS HURT......AND HE WILL.........THE PASSING GAME WILL BE THE ONLY WAY WE WILL WIN AND THIS GUY WILL BE THE BEST OPTION...................

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
WR Denarius Moore hopes to build on his rookie-year success during 2nd season
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Back-for-Moore/db1f65ca-6be4-4f8d-a45c-5a8e04604469

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Brisiel couldn’t beat Raiders last year so he joined them
« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
It’s looking like a 4-3 to Kelly
« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2012, 03:01:49 AM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #710 on: April 03, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
I was thinking this morning that despite what some of us feel about the skill level of the players Oakland has acquired this off-season thus far, we have added players IN EVERY POSITION that we need so far.  I know some may feel we may need another TE and/or WR but we have the personnel already on the roster, an addition there is simply a luxury at this point.  Of course, more players are needed and I hope that we are able to get some disciplined, skilled players in the draft later this month.  When is the last time during an off-season where have actually made PRODUCTIVE moves???  It's been years...

I am freaking pumped with the new management of this team.  I am glad to have some new blood in this organization instead of the constant "pins and needles" and the BS "secrecy" under Al.  Given the ridiculous salaries and under-achieving players we had, we had to start somewhere.  I am more than optimistic for this season and welcome our new Raiders!

With that said, PEYTON MUST GO DOWN AND HE MUST GO DOWN HARD!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:04:06 AM by Matty Raider »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Are the Raiders rebuilding or reloading?
« Reply #709 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #706 on: April 02, 2012, 04:26:34 PM »

Panthers trade Mike Goodson to the Raiders http://t.co/2J6j5MWW
I for one am not happy about acquiring this guy......he is suppose to be an ok back....however we should have franchised Bush being the fact that Mcfadden will surely miss 7-8 games as usual. What concerns me is that goodson has 7 fumbles in 125 carries...........now we have 2 backs that fumble......Mcfadden/Goodson.... >:(

Offline Tokai Raider

Re: Raiders may try to trade with Jets for Tebow?
« Reply #705 on: April 02, 2012, 05:36:12 AM »
Will the Oakland Raiders Pursue Tim Tebow?
http://broncotalk.net/2012/04/30821/nfl-news-notes/will-the-oakland-raiders-pursue-tim-tebow/

"The Raiders would like to retain quarterbacks Carson Palmer and Terrelle Pryor, but they reportedly would be willing to trade Rhett Bomar and five of their seven 2013 draft selections to New York in exchange for Tebow."

Complete story:
http://broncotalk.net/2012/04/30821/nfl-news-notes/will-the-oakland-raiders-pursue-tim-tebow/

(Note....this story is from a site called RaidersTalk....but the url starts with broncotalk. A fake Raiders site by Broncos fans?)

P.S. The details of this hypothetical trade.....I might be able to go along with giving up 5 of our 7 draft picks in 2013 for Tebow, but I CAN'T go along with giving up our QB Rhett Bomar. He's the man! Our future franchise QB! Tebow would be our wildcat guy.

what??? was this posted on april fool's day? it's now april 2 in japan, and i don't know when this was posted. it's an april fool's joke, right?

update: i clicked the link. the potential trade was reported by "gan stermama." ooh, those bronco fans sure are witty. woo hoo. i'm amazed they stopped masturbating long enough to type the joke.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:47:06 AM by Tokai Raider »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders may try to trade with Jets for Tebow?
« Reply #704 on: April 01, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
Will the Oakland Raiders Pursue Tim Tebow?

"The Raiders would like to retain quarterbacks Carson Palmer and Terrelle Pryor, but they reportedly would be willing to trade Rhett Bomar and five of their seven 2013 draft selections to New York in exchange for Tebow."

Complete story:

(Note....this story is from a site called RaidersTalk....but the url starts with broncotalk. A fake Raiders site by Broncos fans?)

P.S. The details of this hypothetical trade.....I might be able to go along with giving up 5 of our 7 draft picks in 2013 for Tebow, but I CAN'T go along with giving up our QB Rhett Bomar. He's the man! Our future franchise QB! Tebow would be our wildcat guy.