Author Topic: Raiders Front Office - GM - Ownership  (Read 13011 times)

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Hue Jackson fired
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »
Wow, hell yes I'm a little surprised myself on the move.  But I think that means only one thing...he does have a big name proven coach in mind.  If that's true I have no problem with Hue being shown the door.

He will bring in a Green Bay Assistant.  So much for Mark Davis being like Al.  Hue was Al's choice. To dump him after the injury plagued season they had and still went 8-8 after looking so good until campbell was hurt gives new meaning to NFL = Not for long.
Wow, I was so pissed at the way the season ended that I had no intention to post anything until next season....that is why I have not posted anything in over a month......I do not think hiring a Green Bay assistant will be  a good choice....they have never coached anything in a head football capacity.....one thing for sure....now that Al is gone we will have the opportunity to go out and get real honest to god Coaches with real credibility.....However, with us not drafting until 2013 we will have to run out the same old team next season who could not stay out of the trainers room..............Unless we can somehow trade players for some picks......for starters we should trade Mcfadden and dump Pryor........Mcfadden is not built to play a 16 game season....offer him to Dallas.........Jones would trade the moon for him...............HELL, he traded 3 draft picks for Roy Williams to Detroit.............With all this said...............I do agree with Miller that a GREEN BAY CHEESE HEAD will be calling the shots...........DEL RIO is simply a must....................!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:21:55 PM by HELLRAIDER »

Offline Millernation

• millernation
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 03:02:29 PM »
Wow, hell yes I'm a little surprised myself on the move.  But I think that means only one thing...he does have a big name proven coach in mind.  If that's true I have no problem with Hue being shown the door.

He will bring in a Green Bay Assistant.  So much for Mark Davis being like Al.  Hue was Al's choice. To dump him after the injury plagued season they had and still went 8-8 after looking so good until campbell was hurt gives new meaning to NFL = Not for long. 

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:03 PM »

Offline Wu-Tang Hokie Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Raiders Front Office - GM - Ownership
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:57 PM »
I can't imagine I will be happy about this unless we bring in someone like Gruden or somethin...but he just extended his contract a year or so ago...so he likes what he's doin now.
Stuck to your ass like a Victoria's Secret wedgie...

Offline Wu-Tang Hokie Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »
fired...wow
Stuck to your ass like a Victoria's Secret wedgie...

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 09:12:04 AM »
Now HueJax can focus on actually just coaching. Nowadays it is so tough to be GM/HC in this league. Together they can attract a solid DC. Moss could be one, bit I would rather prefer a proven one like Spagnoulo or Jack del Rio is he still want to coach a a lesser position. Also Sparano could be a catch!

Pride & Poise!!!

Agreed....and I'd be ok with Woodson staying as the DB coach as well.  Given Bres's sorry playcalling you can only do so much :/

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:15 AM »
Yo fellas!!! I know one thing....As for me.....I pray he has "TOTAL" control....Like to fire John Hurrera...(loser).... And anyone else that has been hanging at the feeding trough...... THERE IS WAY TOOOOOOO MUCH DEAD WEIGHT THAT HAS KEPT THIS TEAM FROM MOVING FORWARD.....OH AND AS FOR BRINGING THE RAIDERS BACK TO "PAST" GLORY...... WE HAVE HERD THIS CRAP FROM EVERY BONE HEAD FOR YEARS....... I WANT HIM TO SAY....WE WILL BUILD A TEAM THAT WILL MAKE A NEW GENERATION OF RAIDERS PROUD OF THIS TIME....THIS TEAM AND THIS FRANCHISE......THAT WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE BEST ORGANIZATION EVER!...... NOT TRY TO BLOW SMOKE UP THE OLD PIE HOLE.......ONE THING IS FOR SURE.... HE MUST HAVE TOTAL CONTROL.........TOTAL!

AMEN!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »
Yo fellas!!! I know one thing....As for me.....I pray he has "TOTAL" control....Like to fire John Hurrera...(loser).... And anyone else that has been hanging at the feeding trough...... THERE IS WAY TOOOOOOO MUCH DEAD WEIGHT THAT HAS KEPT THIS TEAM FROM MOVING FORWARD.....OH AND AS FOR BRINGING THE RAIDERS BACK TO "PAST" GLORY...... WE HAVE HERD THIS CRAP FROM EVERY BONE HEAD FOR YEARS....... I WANT HIM TO SAY....WE WILL BUILD A TEAM THAT WILL MAKE A NEW GENERATION OF RAIDERS PROUD OF THIS TIME....THIS TEAM AND THIS FRANCHISE......THAT WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE BEST ORGANIZATION EVER!...... NOT TRY TO BLOW SMOKE UP THE OLD PIE HOLE.......ONE THING IS FOR SURE.... HE MUST HAVE TOTAL CONTROL.........TOTAL!

Offline Raider Frank

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »
A lot of speculation about what is going on. Who’s fired, who’s staying.

All I want is a new defensive coordinator!
Beikert, Woodson need to stay!

Go Raiders

Raider Frank!

Offline Raider_D

• Journeyman Member
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
Can we ALL write and sign a letter to Mr. Reggie to tell him to please get rid of John EFFING Herrera. He is the one bad soul in our orginization that makes us look bad and handles every situation horribly. On another note, Hue is great with the offense and coaching if that is the only thing he has to worry about. We did not start going downhill until Mr. Davis passed cuz it seemed Hue had too much on his plate. As for DC, Moss or Del Rio would make such a huge impact and I would hope they would consider bringing Woodson back. He did all he could given that Chuck was calling the worst defensive plays in every scenario. I think with a good DC Woodson would shine coaching our DB's.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:14:15 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »
thanks Randy
COYS

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
Now HueJax can focus on actually just coaching. Nowadays it is so tough to be GM/HC in this league. Together they can attract a solid DC. Moss could be one, bit I would rather prefer a proven one like Spagnoulo or Jack del Rio is he still want to coach a a lesser position. Also Sparano could be a catch!

Pride & Poise!!!

Is this THE Senor Raider?

This isn't the Señor Raider that goes to the home games, it's the Señor Raider that calls into the Boneline from Mexico City I believe.

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 03:48:11 PM »

Pride & Poise!!!

Is this THE Senor Raider?
COYS

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Reggie McKenzie will have the power to fire Hue Jackson
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »

SenorRaider

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 12:55:33 PM »

Pride & Poise!!!

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Re: Raiders announce hiring of Reggie McKenzie as GM
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »
IF MCKENZIE GIVE HUE THE BOOT, THIS RAIDER FAN IS OKAY WITH IT, AS LONG AS WE GET A BONAFIED QUALITY HEAD COACH, LIKE GRUDEN...WE HAVE MANY OPTIONS NOW LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM ;D ;D
I think we will bing in Winston moss at DC then if hue doesn't work out then he will be promoted to head coach.... But hue has done wonders and will continue to do so in the future!
I LIKE THAT IDEA...MCKENZIE  & MOSS HAVE HISTORY IN GREEN BAY AND WHO KNOWS BETTER OF WHAT RAIDER DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT THAN W. MOSS...PROMOTE MOSS TO D.C...I'M DOWN WIT THAT! ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:47:22 AM by Randy »
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
Re: Raiders to announce the hiring of McKenzie today!!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 12:19:54 AM »
IF MCKENZIE GIVE HUE THE BOOT, THIS RAIDER FAN IS OKAY WITH IT, AS LONG AS WE GET A BONAFIED QUALITY HEAD COACH, LIKE GRUDEN...WE HAVE MANY OPTIONS NOW LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM ;D ;D
I think we will bing in Winston moss at DC then if hue doesn't work out then he will be promoted to head coach.... But hue has done wonders and will continue to do so in the future!

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 12:09:10 AM »
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 06:21:27 AM »
              hello rnpers,
I wish reggie Mckenzie all the best as our new general manager-lord knows we need one!:O) Good luck reggie!:O)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Latest News articles on Raiders GM hiring and possible firings...
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
A NEW BEGINNING...TIME TO BRING BACK THE PRIDE & POISE OF THE RAIDERS! ;D ;D

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline NEBRASKARAIDER

• "RAIDER NATION IS UNIVERSAL"
Al and Mark Davis always flew separately to away games in case of plane crash
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 04:48:45 PM »
An interesting fact I ran across in this article...

"Mark Davis...makes all the road trips. He and his dad always flew separately, so that in the event of a crash, one Davis would be left to run the show."

the article also mentions that Al once fired his son Mark from the Raiders about 40 years ago (as a teenage ball-boy for the Raiders) due to an incident that pissed Al off.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/13/SPAG1LH01V.DTL

Always thinking ahead...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:24:58 AM by Randy »
"I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance & Furious Anger Those Who Attempt To Destroy My Brothers & Sisters ...... & You Will Know I Am A RAIDER When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee."

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Al and Mark Davis always flew separately to away games in case of plane crash
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
An interesting fact I ran across in this article...

"Mark Davis...makes all the road trips. He and his dad always flew separately, so that in the event of a crash, one Davis would be left to run the show."

the article also mentions that Al once fired his son Mark from the Raiders about 40 years ago (as a teenage ball-boy for the Raiders) due to an incident that pissed Al off.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/13/SPAG1LH01V.DTL
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:25:18 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
Re: Raiders Front Office - Management
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:18:17 AM »
Wouldn't DeBartolo be a good thing in terms of the raiders staying in NoCal? (I only say that because of previous football ventures in this area)

If the Davis' really did want to sell (or had to sell) then I could see it being to the AEG consortium or that Ed Roski fella and heading back to Los Angeles.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:53:28 PM by Randy »

Offline Tokai Raider

Re: Eddie DeBartolo "sniffing around" for possibly buying the Raiders?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 04:24:29 AM »
I think he can go sniff somewhere else.  >:(

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2011/10/08/estate-of-al-davis-could-face-huge-tax-bill-on-oakland-raiders/

eddie d? really? there's already a rumor that they'll sell, even tho al's widow can inherit the team with no tax? sure the son will face a tax when his mom passes away, but that's in the future. so eddie d is going to sit around and wait for carol davis to die? you know, speculating about the future of the team is fine. there is certainly enough precedent for this issue, and the bills are the team to face it next. but to throw in eddie d's name when the team is not even for sale? fuck off.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Davis family will retain ownership of Raiders
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Will Estate Taxes Force Al Davis' Family to Sell The Oakland Raiders?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »
Will Estate Taxes Force Al Davis' Family to Sell The Oakland Raiders?

Al Davis had his own staff of attorneys that worked right there at Raiders headquarters from what I've heard. The way he was always so shrewd about handling the salary cap and anything else of a legal nature, I'll bet he had this all planned out and has insured that the team will stay in his family. It sounds that way from the few comments Amy Trask has made so far. I just hope that Al didn't overestimate how much longer he would live and maybe didn't get everything established before he passed. Hopefully he had all the i's dotted and all the t's crossed.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/trialandheirs/2011/10/10/will-estate-taxes-force-al-davis-family-to-sell-the-oakland-raiders/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:42:51 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderRay

• Hall Of Famer
  • Proud member of the ONLY Nation, the Raider Nation
Re: Raiders Front Office - Management
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:51:56 PM »
Interesting articles…  In the end it seems to come down to business with the Raiders.  I like the fact that they let their employees help sell tickets instead of just kicking their ass to the curb… 
I am not afraid to admit that the front office is FUBAR, but at least they gave their employees the option to work in order to keep their jobs… 

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
A column that originally appeared in The San Francisco Chronicle on Sept. 28, 1961.
This explains why the Raiders went 2-12 in 1961 and 1-13 in 1962.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/05/PKC51KEKCL.DTL

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Front Office - GM - Ownership
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
Raiders' front office takes unique approach to lockout

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/raiders/2011-05-17-lockout-salary-incentive_N.htm

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:09:43 PM by Randy »