RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Stadium Issues

(1/34) > >>

RAIDERNITEMARE:
It seems like the city Oakland doesn't really care if the Raiders stay in Oaktown....if they did they would of got a new stadium deal built already....if they keep putting it off the Raiders just might be gone by then all L.A. needs is a HELL YEAH by Mark Davis, BOOM a stadium is built....:-[

Raider Dee:
Well ? 8)

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on May 02, 2014, 06:14:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: houston raider on May 02, 2014, 11:15:52 AM ---I believe that Al Davis was Guaranteed sellouts when he decided to move to Los Angeles .As you can see on old film footage there were about 30,000 EMPTY seats at The Los Angeles memorial Coliseum on game days .He was Also promised by Los Angeles officials that they would have Luxury Suites at the Coliseum built.This NEVER Happened.I am Told that The City Officials in Oakland promised and built what Raiders fans call MT Davis(Luxury seats/boxes),to bring the Raiders back to Oakland .I believe the citizens of Oakland paid for this.Can someone please tell me how much of the taxpayers money paid for MT Davis and how much of Al's money/private money went into financing MT Davis and the Oakland Coliseum?

--- End quote ---

I don't know how much it cost.

I know they still have 100m to pay off of Mt Davis.

I've also heard (via twitter from someone who knows a Coliseum Maitenance worker) *take info with grain of salt* but Mt Davis has been deemed unsafe to use because of cracks in the beam.

So whilst the media beats up that Raiders has an attendance issue and has to utilise tarps.. the real reason Mt Davis has been closed off is it's a liability waiting to crumble. (It kind of makes perfect sense because the A's don't even open up Mt Davis for the ALDS)

--- End quote ---

Actually don't quote me on that last bit.

I just tried searching for the tweet & unfortunately no such luck.

But sounded legit reasoning why we supposedly have an attendance issue.

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: houston raider on May 02, 2014, 11:15:52 AM ---I believe that Al Davis was Guaranteed sellouts when he decided to move to Los Angeles .As you can see on old film footage there were about 30,000 EMPTY seats at The Los Angeles memorial Coliseum on game days .He was Also promised by Los Angeles officials that they would have Luxury Suites at the Coliseum built.This NEVER Happened.I am Told that The City Officials in Oakland promised and built what Raiders fans call MT Davis(Luxury seats/boxes),to bring the Raiders back to Oakland .I believe the citizens of Oakland paid for this.Can someone please tell me how much of the taxpayers money paid for MT Davis and how much of Al's money/private money went into financing MT Davis and the Oakland Coliseum?

--- End quote ---

I don't know how much it cost.

I know they still have 100m to pay off of Mt Davis.

I've also heard (via twitter from someone who knows a Coliseum Maitenance worker) *take info with grain of salt* but Mt Davis has been deemed unsafe to use because of cracks in the beam.

So whilst the media beats up that Raiders has an attendance issue and has to utilise tarps.. the real reason Mt Davis has been closed off is it's a liability waiting to crumble. (It kind of makes perfect sense because the A's don't even open up Mt Davis for the ALDS)

houston raider:
I believe that Al Davis was Guaranteed sellouts when he decided to move to Los Angeles .As you can see on old film footage there were about 30,000 EMPTY seats at The Los Angeles memorial Coliseum on game days .He was Also promised by Los Angeles officials that they would have Luxury Suites at the Coliseum built.This NEVER Happened.I am Told that The City Officials in Oakland promised and built what Raiders fans call MT Davis(Luxury seats/boxes),to bring the Raiders back to Oakland .I believe the citizens of Oakland paid for this.Can someone please tell me how much of the taxpayers money paid for MT Davis and how much of Al's money/private money went into financing MT Davis and the Oakland Coliseum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version