RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Stadium Issues

<< < (24/34) > >>

RAIDERNITEMARE:
"Raiders owner and Clippers fan Mark Davis was sitting courtside at saturday's L.A. Clippers game against the Warriors with Ed Roski, who is trying to get a team in Los Angeles."....I thought Mark Davis was a Warriors fan not an L.A. fan?...maybe he's doing some PR work...lol :) :)

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/04/14/mark-davis-takes-in-a-game-with-l-a-s-ed-roski/

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: RAIDER MIKE on March 30, 2012, 02:25:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: Raider Greg on March 08, 2012, 12:05:16 AM ---The Raiders will leave Oakland for LA .....

--- End quote ---

Oh Ok you called this one...... Raider Nightmare where are you?  I thought you said you seen bulldozers or some shit!  LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_downtown_los_angeles_nfl_stadium_goodell_aeg_032912

GREATEST NEWS OF 2012 hahahaha  YES!

--- End quote ---

Haha the bulldozers RaiderNitemare is referring too is the City of Industry site & not the L.A Live site.

I'm guessing the bulldozers are clearing land for well... INDUSTRY :P
(That City of Industry location hasn't had many updates as of late)

RAIDER MIKE:

--- Quote from: Raider Greg on March 08, 2012, 12:05:16 AM ---The Raiders will leave Oakland for LA .....

--- End quote ---

Oh Ok you called this one...... Raider Nightmare where are you?  I thought you said you seen bulldozers or some shit!  LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_downtown_los_angeles_nfl_stadium_goodell_aeg_032912

GREATEST NEWS OF 2012 hahahaha  YES!

houston raider:
You don't want to lose an NFL franchise. Here in Houston we lost the Oilers....SAD days for 10 years!!! We were LUCKY to get an NFL franchise, the Texans. It cost Texans owner Bob McNair $900 MILLION for the expansion fee. In order to try and keep the Oilers, the Houston taxpayers had 10,000 new seats put in the Astrodome, once billed as the 8th wonder of the world, now it's a EYESORE (plus it has asbestos!!)....imagine that. Bud Adams also took out the animated scoreboard everyone loved (when they put in the 10,00 new seats). The Houston taxpayers are probably still Paying for those seats being put in!!

People thought, "why did you just let the Oilers leave?" Houston was thought of as a Second rate city (sports wise). WE took hits in the national media. Then Jerry Jones said all the OIler fans can NOW be Cowboy fans...we said NO WAY!!! Half of Houston are Cowboy fans anyway-they were WINNERS!!!

At least the Oakland city council PASSSED the two resolutions...they are Forward thinking-once again the shining city on the bay/sea...out of San Francisco shadows....the stick is a DUMP...as Greg says, the flying saucer-lol

Raider Greg:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on March 07, 2012, 05:32:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: NCRaider on March 07, 2012, 03:09:30 PM ---I know it's a long road ahead but I read that during last nights city council meeting a "Yes" verdict was reached in continuing to explore the "Oakland Coliseum City" project. Good news for the bay area...for now....

--- End quote ---

It's a farce bro.. it's Oakland City Council trying to save face at the 11th hour to try & keep their sports teams in Oakland.

Athletics owner Lew Wolff has been adamant that it's San Jose or he will probably sell the team. (meaning new owners would probably relocate because Oakland  as of late hasn't supported baseball like all other U.S cities = fairweathered fanbase)

Warriors brass have already had discussions with owners of AT&T ballpark about building a new arena by the San Francisco shoreline.

The only team that will most likely stay in Oakland is the Raiders (But they will be the 1st team to leave if they get no commitment on a new stadium)

This Coliseum City is a multiple billion dollar project which Mayor Quan has stated would be funded by private investment & as Oakland is such a vibrant picturesque area of America then I am sure the corporate dollars will just roll in to get this project up & running.

Oakland Council would be best focused on building a football purpose built stadium to keep the raiders. Leave the Oracle as is & hope that they can convince the Warriors to stay on with a more friendly lease & cut their losses with the Athletics.. Because long term the baseball team is leaving (I just cant see the Athletics staying in Oakland considering the owner Lew Woolf has said publically that the Oakland council has left it too late with offers of a new stadium)

--- End quote ---
I have to agree here....... Day late and many dollars short..... Oakland is losing every pro team and they deserve to because of there lack of action...... If the Raiders leave it will not be because they didn't give Oakland a chance... The Oakland city government has been so bad for so long that its not funny.... Like I have said before.... The Raiders will leave Oakland for LA or perhaps someplace else but they will not stay in a city that will not work with them..... The Old "OFMA" was the first joke and its been down hill from there..... What a JOKE.....Now a broke city will waste 3.5 million on NOTHING! So very sad for the fans in the Bay area.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version