RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Stadium Issues

<< < (25/34) > >>

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: NCRaider on March 07, 2012, 03:09:30 PM ---I know it's a long road ahead but I read that during last nights city council meeting a "Yes" verdict was reached in continuing to explore the "Oakland Coliseum City" project. Good news for the bay area...for now....

--- End quote ---

It's a farce bro.. it's Oakland City Council trying to save face at the 11th hour to try & keep their sports teams in Oakland.

Athletics owner Lew Wolff has been adamant that it's San Jose or he will probably sell the team. (meaning new owners would probably relocate because Oakland  as of late hasn't supported baseball like all other U.S cities = fairweathered fanbase)

Warriors brass have already had discussions with owners of AT&T ballpark about building a new arena by the San Francisco shoreline.

The only team that will most likely stay in Oakland is the Raiders (But they will be the 1st team to leave if they get no commitment on a new stadium)

This Coliseum City is a multiple billion dollar project which Mayor Quan has stated would be funded by private investment & as Oakland is such a vibrant picturesque area of America then I am sure the corporate dollars will just roll in to get this project up & running.

Oakland Council would be best focused on building a football purpose built stadium to keep the raiders. Leave the Oracle as is & hope that they can convince the Warriors to stay on with a more friendly lease & cut their losses with the Athletics.. Because long term the baseball team is leaving (I just cant see the Athletics staying in Oakland considering the owner Lew Woolf has said publically that the Oakland council has left it too late with offers of a new stadium)

NCRaider:
I know it's a long road ahead but I read that during last nights city council meeting a "Yes" verdict was reached in continuing to explore the "Oakland Coliseum City" project. Good news for the bay area...for now....

Raider Greg:

--- Quote from: RAIDER MIKE on February 05, 2012, 10:55:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Raidersully on February 05, 2012, 05:31:50 PM ---Mean while a shit ton of fans remain in L.A. despite the team moving back to Oakland. THAT is loyalty.

--- End quote ---
You couldn't help yourself to attack my loyalty to the Raiders... I've done same exact thing you and other GREAT So-Cal Raider fans have....I waited for 13 years for them to return....plus I wasn't screaming for them to come back and I wasn't talking shit to my friends that live down there.... I was happy they came home.... But after putting 17 more years of dedication I earned the right to call this team my own as much as any fan...I never will say that I'm best Raider fan in the world or most loyal cause there's no way to measure that in reality cause I'm not you and your not me thankfully...So we can both love this team equal and never truly be able to measure that....So having said that I don't care if you think that YOUR more loyal cause they left...I went thru it too!  Al Davis said on the record that going there was a mistake! ..... He was losing his mystic by the hour after they made that terrible music video...lol.... Moving to Oakland was the best thing for the franchise in my opinion ...moving back down there would just be the final straw for me...but that's me...but hey the fact is the Raiders are in Oakland and until that changes this is a wasted argument but entertaining

--- End quote ---
HOW MANY FREEKIN TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT!!!!!!! "THERE IS ONE NATION" MADE UP OF MANY TYPES OF PEOPLE.....FROM EVERY PLACE ON EARTH...... NO ONE......AND I MEAN NO ONE IS A BETTER FAN.......ALL OF US HERE ARE JUST LIKE THAT.....SOME GO TO EVERY GAME....OTHERS WILL NEVER SEE THE COLISEUM..... STILL ALL ARE RAIDER NATION......LET'S KNOCK THIS CRAP OFF AND WORRY ABOUT THE NEW SPECIAL TEAMS COACH WE GOT FROM KC.......SUCKS HUGE IN MY EYES...... CHIEFS SPECIAL TEAMS BLEW WITH HIM AT THE HELM.......I AM BECOMING SERIOUSLY CONCERNED ABOUT OUR NEW COACH AND GM...... THE OC WAS TOUGH BUT NOW THIS MORON..... DON'T WANT TO BE TOO NEGATIVE BUT...... NO ONE BETTER? WHY LET FASSEL GO? HE ROCKED......THIS TEAM BETTER IMPROVE DESPITE THE LOSER COACHES.......I'M PISSED AND YOU SHOULD BE TOO......

RAIDER MIKE:

--- Quote from: Raidersully on February 05, 2012, 05:31:50 PM ---Mean while a shit ton of fans remain in L.A. despite the team moving back to Oakland. THAT is loyalty.

--- End quote ---
You couldn't help yourself to attack my loyalty to the Raiders... I've done same exact thing you and other GREAT So-Cal Raider fans have....I waited for 13 years for them to return....plus I wasn't screaming for them to come back and I wasn't talking shit to my friends that live down there.... I was happy they came home.... But after putting 17 more years of dedication I earned the right to call this team my own as much as any fan...I never will say that I'm best Raider fan in the world or most loyal cause there's no way to measure that in reality cause I'm not you and your not me thankfully...So we can both love this team equal and never truly be able to measure that....So having said that I don't care if you think that YOUR more loyal cause they left...I went thru it too!  Al Davis said on the record that going there was a mistake! ..... He was losing his mystic by the hour after they made that terrible music video...lol.... Moving to Oakland was the best thing for the franchise in my opinion ...moving back down there would just be the final straw for me...but that's me...but hey the fact is the Raiders are in Oakland and until that changes this is a wasted argument but entertaining

raidersully:
True. Teams don’t just move. But that is one of the things that could happen to fill the stadium that will be built in L.A. This is why I think the Rams and the Chargers make the most sense to move to L.A. Both teams have connection to the city and have fans in the area. Add to that that the Chargless will for sure sell out one game a year when they play the Raiders. The same way the Raider fans take over San Diego. Teams don’t move often. But they do move, and when enticed by a new stadium, it makes the move that much easier.

My loyalty is to the colors and the name Raiders. The rest is of no importance to me. But as I stated, I do think they should stay in Oakland. That is where they are from and have history there. Same reason I don’t want to see the Vikings move to L.A. And why the Rams and Chargless make the most sense.

"You say LA would seat more cause of the size of their stadium...well that's an fair assessment?"

You obviously misunderstood or misread what I posted. I said that the orginal stadium that the Raiders played in L.A. was the Coliseum which holds 93,607. I have no clue the capacity of the new proposed stadium.

“If we had 92,000 seats and filled it the same you couldn't back up your argument! “

And if frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their ass when they jumped. But I’m not dealing with if. I am dealing with facts. And the facts are that the current stadium that the Raiders play in holds 30,000 less people then the one they played in while in L.A. and yet they have just had their first sold out season since coming back.

As for the playoff games not selling out in L.A. I never said L.A. fans were better than Oakland fans. I was answering Hellraiders assessment that fans didn’t care in L.A. But even with 88,000 people in the stands it’s still 24,904 more people than could fit in the O. And even though you guys could sell out your playoff games you could not sellout the season games.

You may have sold out games in 2006, but not all of them. Despite the record the fans did not turn out all year. And cutting their hair had nothing to do with Metallica’s sellout. Hair length has nothing to do with making good music. Metallica sold out because they decided to follow the trends instead of setting them.

“Me I'm all about loyalty and respect...”

Really? All about loyalty. Unless the team moves to L.A. and then you are willing to wash your hands of them after 32 years of being a fan. Yeah, that sounds like loyalty. Mean while a shit ton of fans remain in L.A. despite the team moving back to Oakland. THAT is loyalty.

Again. I am not saying which fan base is batter than others. But don’t give me that ‘L.A. fans don’t care’ shit. Many of us care and have stayed with the team before they came to L.A. and after they left. There is a reason the fan base is called the Raider Nation and not the Oakland Nation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version