LATEST NEWS and discussion > RAIDERS TALK and Discussion, plus Raiders 2016 Schedule and Draft Class

Stadium Issues

<< < (28/36) > >>

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: Raidersully on February 05, 2012, 05:29:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: HELLRAIDER on February 05, 2012, 04:14:20 AM ---2 Franchises were there once.........they left because nobody cared.................The Trojans are the team for LA......its a basketball and baseball town..............period............!

--- End quote ---

This is not true. If the supposed Oakland 'faithful' were the 'real' fans than why did it take until this year before they finally sold out all their home games since their return to Oakland? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/raiders-complete-first-full-season-sellout-since-returning-to-oakland/
This includes 3 AFC West titles, 3 playoff appearances, and  Super Bowl year all while back in Oakland. And when you consider that the L.A. stadium hold a little more than 30,000 more people than the O.co perhaps you see why they weren't that many sold out games in L.A(Coliseum holds 93,607 O.co holds 63,026). But despite all of that. Even when the move back to Oakland was known to the fans in L.A. 64,130 fans showed up to watch their last game against the Chiefs. 1,104 more people than could fit into the O.co.

I don't mean to turn this into some pissing contest meant to test everyones fanhood. But to say that the 'true' fans are in Oakland is bullshit(as their lack of attendance even during great seasons proves). The 'true' fans are everywhere in the nation. Anyone who loves the Raiders, sports their Raider gear no matter the overall record, watches every game they can(live or otherwise), and takes the time out of their day to post on forums and read the daily news about the Raiders is TRUE RAIDER FAN!! I don't care where the Raiders play(though I do think they should stay in Oakland). I root for the Silver and Black. Not for the city of Oakland.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

The Raiders also have been giving 2for1 ticket offers away this season & free tickets to season ticket holders.

A sell out is a sell out, but I can't think of the Raiders having a straight sell out.(Maybe KC & DEN???)

The free ticket offer for season tix holder was for the Browns Game (how weak is that, Al Davis dies & raiders are struggling to fill the house to honour a legend so they give away tickets on the week leading up to the game)

the 2 for 1 offer was available on the Patriots & Jets games right at the start of the season. They extended it at some point for the rest of the games through the season. (I don't think Denver & KC homegames had the 2for1 ticket offer) but I do know the Bears, Lions & maybe even the Chargers had a 2 for 1 ticket offer.

I only bring this up because attendance figures will ultimately be whether Mark decides to keep the team in this region. I think the Oakland received a likelihood boost of Raiders staying in Oakland because the house was packed every game this year. But it'd be interesting to see if they could fill the house without the help of these very enticing promotions. (They wouldn't run these kind of promos in Green Bay or San Franciso)

raidersully:

--- Quote from: HELLRAIDER on February 05, 2012, 04:14:20 AM ---2 Franchises were there once.........they left because nobody cared.................The Trojans are the team for LA......its a basketball and baseball town..............period............!

--- End quote ---

This is not true. If the supposed Oakland 'faithful' were the 'real' fans than why did it take until this year before they finally sold out all their home games since their return to Oakland? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/raiders-complete-first-full-season-sellout-since-returning-to-oakland/
This includes 3 AFC West titles, 3 playoff appearances, and  Super Bowl year all while back in Oakland. And when you consider that the L.A. stadium hold a little more than 30,000 more people than the O.co perhaps you see why they weren't that many sold out games in L.A(Coliseum holds 93,607 O.co holds 63,026). But despite all of that. Even when the move back to Oakland was known to the fans in L.A. 64,130 fans showed up to watch their last game against the Chiefs. 1,104 more people than could fit into the O.co.

The reason Al left was not because of attendance. It was because what was promised to him(luxury boxes) was never done. Along with the damage caused by the Northridge earthquake the Los Angeles Sports Commission halted further planned renovations to the Coliseum. Oakland promised new renovations so Al went back.

The Rams left L.A. for Anaheim(which is not in L.A.) because they too were unhappy with the stadium and L.A.'s refusal to build another one better suited for football. She left Anaheim for St. Louis because St. Louis gave her the best deal for a new stadium.

Yet despite these teams leaving you still find lots of faithful fans. Everywhere I go you see Raider merchandise. Whether on cars or on people. If the Raiders have no love here than why are there at least 4 Raider Image locations in the SoCal area? Are there any in Texas? Or New York? How about Florida? Store only stay open because they can sell enough to do so. Money talks, and the money shows that SoCal has enough Raider fans to keep stores that sell merchandise exclusive to one team and one team only open. There are no Cowboy stores here and they are supposed to be 'America's Team'.

I don't mean to turn this into some pissing contest meant to test everyones fanhood. But to say that the 'true' fans are in Oakland is bullshit(as their lack of attendance even during great seasons proves). The 'true' fans are everywhere in the nation. Anyone who loves the Raiders, sports their Raider gear no matter the overall record, watches every game they can(live or otherwise), and takes the time out of their day to post on forums and read the daily news about the Raiders is TRUE RAIDER FAN!! I don't care where the Raiders play(though I do think they should stay in Oakland). I root for the Silver and Black. Not for the city of Oakland.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!

RAIDERNITEMARE:
Nothing has been shot down...options are still open, just because Goodell say something dont mean he can keep a team from moving...Mark Davis is in the drivers seat and he will do whatever it takes to get a stadium for the RAIDERS...personally I dont care where the Raiders make home, as a fan like all of you...I want them closer to me...but if they move to England...I will still be a RAIDER fan...cities dont mean shit...topics like this shows whos a real Raider and eliminates the fakers!...RAIDERNATION for Life homies!... 8)

HELLRAIDER:
2 Franchises were there once.........they left because nobody cared.................The Trojans are the team for LA......its a basketball and baseball town..............period............!

raider kyle:
I heard that the chance the raiders move to la has been shot down....YES!!!! I didn't think it was fair to move back to LA especially since the fan base is so good in oakland

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version