RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Stadium Issues

<< < (28/32) > >>

RAIDER MIKE:

--- Quote from: RAIDERNITEMARE on February 03, 2012, 12:03:05 AM ---Its stupid for the NFL to want to put a shared stadium with two teams that dont share the same city name and are rivals and to put it in Santa Clara?...Cant wait for the Raiders to come back L.A.....Mark Davis knows wheres the money is at...L.A. homie!!!...come back home fuck the rest!... 8) 8)

--- End quote ---
I'll be calling them the "LA Traiders" for the rest of my life! ....They could move there and win 20 SB's and I won't give a fuck or even know about it!  They can sell out if they want too....rappers and heavy metal bands do it all the time ....SELL OUT and become a cooperate tool! .....Raiders will be nothing more than a cooperate tool moving to LA....their mystic will be gone...they'll have a nice burst of excitement when they get there the first couple years...wait till they lose and fans leave a new stadium empty and Mark will be forced to sell it to a cooperate asshole in 3 years and the team will be owned by someone who will care less about winning and more concern about butts in seats and become a futuristic Lions of the new century!  There will be no Al Davis to bridge the fan base back together...it'll be fucking stupid...but I'll feel relieved knowing I don't have to give a fuck about the bullshit anymore...So if they leave I'm free....they stay...well I'll be happy and continue to watch them climb the mountain like I have the last 32 years! 

Sent from my iPhone bitch!

Randy:

--- Quote from: RAIDERNITEMARE on February 03, 2012, 12:03:05 AM ---Its stupid for the NFL to want to put a shared stadium with two teams that don't share the same city name and are rivals and to put it in Santa Clara?

--- End quote ---

What about the Giants and the Jets? They share a stadium that not only isn't in New York City, it isn't even in the same state! It's in East Rutherford, New Jersey!

I did notice while looking through these articles about their shared stadium.....in the first article, written before the stadium was built, they anticipated the cost being $800 Million. The third article, written as the stadium was about to open, said the cost turned out to be $1.6 Billion......double the original estimate!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/29/sports/football/29cnd-stadium.html?pagewanted=all

http://technorati.com/sports/football/article/giants-jets-open-up-new-stadium/

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/new_meadowlands_stadium_opens.html

RAIDERNITEMARE:
Its stupid for the NFL to want to put a shared stadium with two teams that dont share the same city name and are rivals and to put it in Santa Clara?...Cant wait for the Raiders to come back L.A.....Mark Davis knows wheres the money is at...L.A. homie!!!...come back home fuck the rest!... 8) 8)

Randy:

--- Quote from: NCRaider on February 02, 2012, 08:03:02 PM ---Randy-

As I read this I'm trying to figure out if this is hurts or improves the raiders chances of:

a) getting league approval for funding for a new Oakland stadium when presented
b) increases chances of the raiders playing in the santa Clara with the 9rs
c) worst case moving to LA (IMO)?

Curious, does anyone not living in the bay area care?

--- End quote ---

a) I think the fact that the NLF owners voted to grant the stadium money to the 49ers probably WOULD make it harder for the Raiders to get a grant of their own, since the NFL is encouraging the 49ers and Raiders to share the stadium. I'm wondering if they would also grant the Raiders an equal amount of money to go in half and half. They're granting the 49ers $200 million towards a $1 Billion stadium. If they also granted the Raiders $200 million, then they would only.....ONLY  ;D.... have to come up with another $600 Million. Actually....I'm just re-reading they articles...and it looks like this money isn't a grant...it's a loan. I don't know the terms of the loan, but I guess the whole $1 Billion will have to be paid at some point (plus interest).

b) I don't think this increases the chances of the Raiders playing in Santa Clara or decreases, since I think it was probably expected that this "loan" would be approved by the NFL owners.

c) Increase Raiders chances of moving to LA? I don't know why this would increase or decrease that likelihood.

I think that sharing a stadium seems like the only reasonable option if the Raiders want to stay in the Bay Area. I know they prefer Oakland to Santa Clara, but trying to build a new stadium on their own would be a lot tougher. I don't think people are going to accept personal seat licenses....AGAIN. They have finally sold out the Coliseum for every game of the season, but it wouldn't take long to reverse that if ticket prices go up, and especially if we don't start winning more!

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: NCRaider on February 02, 2012, 08:03:02 PM ---Randy-

As I read this I'm trying to figure out if this is hurts or improves the raiders chances of:

a) getting league approval for funding for a new Oakland stadium when presented
b) increases chances of the raiders playing in the santa Clara with the 9rs
c) worst case moving to LA (IMO)?

Curious, does anyone not living in the bay area care?

--- End quote ---

Mark Davis said at Reggie McKenzie hire press conference that L.A was a possibility and that Sharing stadium at Santa Clara was a potential possibility... If you're like me and trying to read between the lines then the word 'potential' indicates 'more likely than LA'

A stadium is not getting built in Oakland (IMO). The Oakland City Council can't afford it & no private investment will flow in because the current site is in the ghetto.

I think what will happen is the Raiders will get an invitation from Jed York to be tenants of the new 49'ers stadium... But they may try & bully the Raiders out of the Bay Area by not even extending an invitation & forcing Mark Davis back to Southern California... That's my take on it & how I see it panning out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version