RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Stadium Issues

<< < (28/34) > >>

Randy:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on February 03, 2012, 10:18:01 PM ---I don't want the league to expand to 34 teams... How the hell do we figure out how many teams in a division??? 34 divided by any even number 4 thru 8 just doesn't compute.

--- End quote ---

If they expand the league to 34 teams, they could have two divisions with 5 teams each and the rest would stay at 4 each. It's been done before.

Here are all the different division configurations that have been used in the past:

32 teams (2002-present)

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/2002

31 teams (1999-2001)

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/1999

28 teams (1977-1994)

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/1977

28 teams (1976)

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/1976

26 teams (1970-1975)

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/1970

RaiderWildeStyle:
& plus the ownership group who wants to build the stadium in L.A now has a massive leverage in the bargaining stakes.

He could play hardball with any potential suitors with one of the current 32 NFL owners & just say that he already has a proposal from mystery/fake capitalist group to bid on one of these expansion teams.

I don't want the league to expand to 34 teams... How the hell do we figure out how many teams in a division??? 34 divided by any even number 4 thru 8 just doesn't compute.

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: NCRaider on February 03, 2012, 09:30:37 PM ---Yeah I must say I was surprised by his comments. The first I've heard of this plan(possible smoke screen) for 2 expansion teams in LA. In one respect gr8 news for the bay area but to your point will this prompt the raiders & others to act quickly?
Quite frankly even if Roger wants the teams to stay put does he have the power to stop it? Your right the precedent has been set...
I guess I just find it difficult to believe that a commissioner hell bent on protecting the sheild, image, amplifying the fan experience will allow a team to be uprooted from its fans without a fight(legal).

--- End quote ---

Is his name Stan Kroenke??? (owner of the RAMS)

Well supposedly he is in the bidding negotiations to purchase the L.A Dodgers. If he does that... He can give the ownership of the baseball team to one of his family members and then just lease Dodgers Stadium for the RAMS to play in L.A.

Goodell can't stop him & The Rams already have a fanbase (albiet a smaller one to the NATION)

But if Goodell wants to make a expansion teams, he better call up the guy willing to build Farmers Field. Otherwise I think we will see in the next few weeks/months movement on a team potentially moving to L.A.

NCRaider:

--- Quote from: RaiderWildeStyle on February 03, 2012, 08:18:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: NCRaider on February 03, 2012, 08:12:58 PM ---NFLN showing clips from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's state of the union address says league might expand to 34 teams if it returns to L.A. market, with the expansion teams playing in L.A.

--- End quote ---

Goodell wants to keep his teams where they are but I can Gaurentee the owners in St Louis, San Diego, Jacksonville, Minesota ect are all salivitating at the thought of getting to L.A.

It would increase the value of their franchises... If Roger Goodell thinks he can tell owners where they can stay then he's in for big surprise. (Al Davis set the precedent by suing Pete Rozelle & the NFL)

I think Goodell's words will only speed up the process of certain teams announcing their intentions to move to L.A (That's if anyone is willing to move to Los Angeles & alienate their fan base in the next couple of years whilst the current stadium lease expires/until L.A stadium is built)

--- End quote ---

Yeah I must say I was surprised by his comments. The first I've heard of this plan (possible smoke screen) for 2 expansion teams in LA. In one respect gr8 news for the bay area but to your point will this prompt the raiders & others to act quickly?

Quite frankly even if Roger wants the teams to stay put does he have the power to stop it? You're right, the precedent has been set...

I guess I just find it difficult to believe that a commissioner hell bent on protecting the sheild, image, amplifying the fan experience will allow a team to be uprooted from its fans without a fight (legal).

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: NCRaider on February 03, 2012, 08:12:58 PM ---NFLN showing clips from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's state of the union address says league might expand to 34 teams if it returns to L.A. market, with the expansion teams playing in L.A.

--- End quote ---

Goodell wants to keep his teams where they are but I can guarantee the owners in St Louis, San Diego, Jacksonville, Minnesota etc are all salivatating at the thought of getting to L.A.

It would increase the value of their franchises... If Roger Goodell thinks he can tell owners where they can stay then he's in for big surprise. (Al Davis set the precedent by suing Pete Rozelle & the NFL)

I think Goodell's words will only speed up the process of certain teams announcing their intentions to move to L.A (That's if anyone is willing to move to Los Angeles & alienate their fan base in the next couple of years whilst the current stadium lease expires/until L.A stadium is built)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version