RAIDERS TALK BOARDS > Raiders and NFL Talk

Stadium Issues

<< < (31/34) > >>

RAIDERNITEMARE:
Its stupid for the NFL to want to put a shared stadium with two teams that dont share the same city name and are rivals and to put it in Santa Clara?...Cant wait for the Raiders to come back L.A.....Mark Davis knows wheres the money is at...L.A. homie!!!...come back home fuck the rest!... 8) 8)

Randy:

--- Quote from: NCRaider on February 02, 2012, 08:03:02 PM ---Randy-

As I read this I'm trying to figure out if this is hurts or improves the raiders chances of:

a) getting league approval for funding for a new Oakland stadium when presented
b) increases chances of the raiders playing in the santa Clara with the 9rs
c) worst case moving to LA (IMO)?

Curious, does anyone not living in the bay area care?

--- End quote ---

a) I think the fact that the NLF owners voted to grant the stadium money to the 49ers probably WOULD make it harder for the Raiders to get a grant of their own, since the NFL is encouraging the 49ers and Raiders to share the stadium. I'm wondering if they would also grant the Raiders an equal amount of money to go in half and half. They're granting the 49ers $200 million towards a $1 Billion stadium. If they also granted the Raiders $200 million, then they would only.....ONLY  ;D.... have to come up with another $600 Million. Actually....I'm just re-reading they articles...and it looks like this money isn't a grant...it's a loan. I don't know the terms of the loan, but I guess the whole $1 Billion will have to be paid at some point (plus interest).

b) I don't think this increases the chances of the Raiders playing in Santa Clara or decreases, since I think it was probably expected that this "loan" would be approved by the NFL owners.

c) Increase Raiders chances of moving to LA? I don't know why this would increase or decrease that likelihood.

I think that sharing a stadium seems like the only reasonable option if the Raiders want to stay in the Bay Area. I know they prefer Oakland to Santa Clara, but trying to build a new stadium on their own would be a lot tougher. I don't think people are going to accept personal seat licenses....AGAIN. They have finally sold out the Coliseum for every game of the season, but it wouldn't take long to reverse that if ticket prices go up, and especially if we don't start winning more!

RaiderWildeStyle:

--- Quote from: NCRaider on February 02, 2012, 08:03:02 PM ---Randy-

As I read this I'm trying to figure out if this is hurts or improves the raiders chances of:

--- End quote ---

Mark Davis said at Reggie McKenzie hire press conference that L.A was a possibility and that Sharing stadium at Santa Clara was a potential possibility... If you're like me and trying to read between the lines then the word 'potential' indicates 'more likely than LA'

A stadium is not getting built in Oakland (IMO). The Oakland City Council can't afford it & no private investment will flow in because the current site is in the ghetto.

I think what will happen is the Raiders will get an invitation from Jed York to be tenants of the new 49'ers stadium... But they may try & bully the Raiders out of the Bay Area by not even extending an invitation & forcing Mark Davis back to Southern California... That's my take on it & how I see it panning out.

NCRaider:
Randy-

Randy:
Owners Approve Loan for 49ers

for the Santa Clara stadium...

"N.F.L. owners, in a brief meeting here Thursday, approved a $200 million loan for the San Francisco 49ers, who hope to soon break ground in Santa Clara, Calif., on a replacement for Candlestick Park.

The stadium, which would be across the street from the 49ers’ training facility, is likely to cost about $1 billion, and will seat about 68,000 people. The rest of the project will be funded by an $850 million construction loan that Santa Clara approved in December.

Site preparation has already begun for the stadium and it could be ready for the 2014 or 2015 season. There remains the chance that the Oakland Raiders – who are also badly in need of a new stadium – could share the stadium with the 49ers. That would solve one of the N.F.L.’s thorniest problems – all of its teams in California need new stadiums, and a new stadium will also have to be built In Los Angeles before a team moves there, but there is little support for publicly-funded stadiums in the state."

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/owners-approve-loan-for-49ers/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8268ad55/article/nfl-will-help-niners-pay-for-new-stadium-in-santa-clara

http://www.insidebayarea.com/top-stories/ci_19878108

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/58607/about-the-49ers-new-ownership-partner

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version