Author Topic: Stadium Issues  (Read 20496 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:21:01 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
City of Oakland makes strong pitch to keep A's
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2013, 01:53:38 AM »
City of Oakland makes strong pitch to keep A's
Monte Poole, BayAreaNewsGroup

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_23657083/poole-city-oakland-makes-strong-pitch-keep?source=most_viewed

Offline Autumn Wind Williams

• Rookie Member
    • Keep the Raiders in Oakland
CLICK TO THE LINK BELOW TO SEE

Oakland Raiders Super Fan Dr. Death and his father recorded a discussion last night on Ustream about where our team belongs. Without putting down L.A. fans his father explained why he feels the Raiders will never again be the L. A. Raiders.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/35153087

• Rookie Member
Re: Stadium Issues
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
Living outside of the bay area or can't afford to attend games do not make you any less of a die hard raider. The ones I laugh at that claim they are die hard are the ones that don't attend a single game, live near the coliseum, and can afford it. Funny how they have nerve to be pissed off if the game isn't on t.v. (those are the ones I call couch fans)!!!

I think that's hella cool how we got fans all over in other countries and states and that's why we are the Raider Nation more like Universe really. However, bottom line they were created as The Oakland Raiders so they should remain that way.

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2013, 06:32:38 PM »

Man, you and Mike have this out every year, usually around this time when there's no actual news goin on!

One question on the exposure - don't you get Gamepass? Then you can watch every Raider game......

I know it's my only option cos the Raiders are never on tv here.

Unfortunately Colin, the Internet in my country is really slow. I have had gamepass & the quality of image is only slightly better then watching a free stream. Broadband fibre optic is not expected to my house for another 8 years. Watching games on TV is my preferred option.

The raiders are barely ever on TV in Australia. A move to Los Angeles makes them one of those attractive teams such as the Cowboys where it doesn't matter how good their record is that they'll still be due 4 or 5 national primetime TV slot teams.

Ahh man, that sucks. Gamepass is my lifeline away from a steady diet of the usual suspects.

Same deal here - they are pretty much only on when they have to be - MNF, TNF, late sunday games or thanksgiving.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »

Man, you and Mike have this out every year, usually around this time when there's no actual news goin on!

One question on the exposure - don't you get Gamepass? Then you can watch every Raider game......

Unfortunately Colin, the Internet in my country is really slow. I have had gamepass & the quality of image is only slightly better then watching a free stream. Broadband fibre optic is not expected to my house for another 8 years. Watching games on TV is my preferred option.

The raiders are barely ever on TV in Australia. A move to Los Angeles makes them one of those attractive teams such as the Cowboys where it doesn't matter how good their record is that they'll still be due 4 or 5 national primetime TV slot teams.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:17 PM »
Raider Mike I honestly appreciate the time you have taken to reply to my post but I've got nothing really more else to say to you. I am entitled to my opinions (which at the moment that's all it is) I'm allowed to make observations about the writing on the wall. I love how you're a hardcore fan but unfortunately many others in Oakland are not (hence the reason for the tarps)

If you want to belittle me on the video cast because I have a vision for what I think is best for this team, then go right ahead mate! I will stand by my words. We are the Raider Nation & not the Oakland Nation!!! Majority of the fanbase will
Stiill support this team wherever they may play.

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
Not the "die hard" argument again! Can't we all just be Raider fans (Raider Nation anyone?).

Does being thousands of miles away and taking a day's vacation / getting up at 0200 to watch the Raiders on MNF make me less of a fan than someone who lives a few miles from the stadium going to the game?

I'll bet everyone here does what they can within their own circumstances (finances / location / free time).

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2013, 05:19:52 PM »

Oscar you've been begging the Raiders to move to L.A. Since I've known you!...just so your flight pattern will be easier....to me that's treason!

Actually, It's got nothing to do with my flight pattern to attend games. (although it is a shorter route) 

I want the Raiders in Los Angeles because SoCAL helps with free agency, It helps with our National Exposure (which in affect helps us International fans get to see more games)

I'm a Raider fan wherever they play. hell the Raiders could move to Candlestick and change their name to the San Francisco Raiders & Imma still support that Silver & Black shield because I'm about the team & not the city.

• Rookie Member
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
I got only one thing else to say about this and that's about the T.V. exposure. It shouldn't matter about T.V. exposure if you are a real raider fan and capable of going to the game. So you have a choice of proving you are a raider fan by showing up for games and supporting your team. OR being considered a COUCH FAN vegetating in your Mam' Cave during home games.

I really wish everybody realized if all tickets were being sold we wouldn't be tarping mount davis, talking about a new stadium, questioning if they are leaving again, or even having this conversation.

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2013, 10:34:10 AM »

I want the Raiders in Los Angeles because SoCAL helps with free agency, It helps with our National Exposure (which in affect helps us International fans get to see more games)
Ok so all you care about is basically so you can watch games on TV more?  You sound pathetic!  .....You think because L.A. Is a huge TV market and great place to live ...the city existing itself will do Reggie's job for him?  Hahahaha what a joke!.... If that theory was accurate ....how come the NYJ, MIA, S.D., PHI, JAX, and many more BIG cites that have desirable places to get "National Exposure" have resulted in ZERO Super Bowls?  Hahaha that shit is fucking funny dude! ....no city will make a team a champion on it's own....I thought you'd know that watching football so long!....your just begging period!

I'm a Raider fan wherever they play. hell the Raiders could move to Candlestick and change their name to the San Francisco Raiders & Imma still support that Silver & Black shield because I'm about the team & not the city.

(Clapping sound)....that's good buddy!.... I am about the City and Team....they've been in Oakland for the majority of their existence and that's where they belong....I'll be a fan till I die .....but I want be "Die Hard" anymore if they leave!... Meaning no more going to games no more buying gear ....but I will always love them till I die! ... see to me being a REAL die hard fan is going to every game..... I've only missed 6 since 1995 something you'll never do in your life will be able to match!  Your not even in the same league as me in "Die Hard' status.... I've known you since 2008 (5 YEARS!) and you've been saying "they'll move they'll move"...well why are they still there?  LOL...I've heard L.A. Fans say that shit since they move in 1995 (18 YEARS AGO) that's 5 years longer then they were in L.A.....if was going to happen it would have....I remember when Al did that piece with Ice Cube and said "We'll listen" and you nutted your pants....but nothing happened...haha ...then just months ago this year they were as close as they ever were in bringing any team into L.A. and it failed....why?....FUNDING!.... So stop with you wet dream and tell me facts how will they get 1.8 Billion without a ownership change?  Or how are they gonna get support from Goddell and Owners when they hate us?  You keep dreaming...and if your so confident ....lets bet money that the Raiders stay....every one is a big man until the bet comes out....so lets make a bet big man....that they won't go anywhere!.... Let me know.... NFL teams represent their cities and have pride doing so....why do think logos and names of teams match the region?  Like Pittsburgh Steelers....you think their fan base would stay strong if they moved to L.A.?  lol....or how About the NYG or N.E. or any historic franchise that's NEVER moved...do you think those cities wouldn't care cause it's about the team not city?  ....I don't expect a foreigner like you to understand what that means....your just a visitor when you come here not a citizen of the U.S. so you don't understand the value of loyalty to your country or city ....fans that watch on TV are not "Die Hard" the ones that go to every game are!  And if you did ....you'd know it's more then just about the team....you sound lame to support this team to sell out and become the L.A. Traitors again!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:11:56 PM by Randy »

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2013, 10:07:27 AM »
The Grandstanding & stalling on the stadium issue is a reason why I think the decision has mentally been made by Mark.

Obviously the front office is not gonna announce anything about a move to L.A.
REALLY? This is the 21st Century where an American X-NSA agent leaks info about U.S. Top secret information to to world .....yet they can conceal under the radar a deal to move a sports team to L.A.? Hahahaha you're funny Aussie!

then Mark Davis is gotta work out the shit with Farmers Field or Dodgers Stadium & then he is gotta count on his dominos falling into place with the owners votes.

ok it is just going to work itself out? You know how lame and reaching for the sky that sounds in the real business world?  You make it sound like Mark Davis has 1.8 BILLON dollars in the bank to build a stadium.... Didn't you pay attention to the facts I laid out for you?  L.A. ON THEIR OWN!  Couldn't get funding ....what does that fact not register with you? No money no team!  ....Plus the NFL owners just willingly are going across the board vote Yes to give permission to move? Hahaha after the what happened last time?  Your a funny man!  ....why would the league help the most hated franchise in the NFL?  Your high on crack!

It's a 3 horse race between Raiders, Chargers & Rams for SoCAL & none of these franchises are going to announce plans until after this season as all 3 franchises have major issues with attendance.

Really please send the link of proof of this I wanna see it!  .....sounds more like your fantasy wet dream

If the Raiders were committed to Oakland, you'd think they'd have a stadium lease renewal already organized for 2014 and beyond (at least until this pipe dream of a project Coliseum City is shovel ready with ground broken).. Does the lease expiring after this season with nothing organized at the O.Co scare any of you NoCAL fans???

No it doesn't because I visited the new stadium being built in Santa Clara and I know they have a clause in their lease to share it with another team that is on public record I can prove unlike your theories ....and as I said in my earlier post ...Mark Davis is going to see if the city of Oakland will come thru first before He takes the Santa Clara route... Plus ultimately this isn't Marks team it's his Mothers .....last time I checked she doesn't want the team to go nowhere! .....scare us fans?  You sound like an outsider when you say blasphemes like that....I'm gonna tell everyone at the tailgate and get you on camera this year in front of everybody and tell them you don't want them to stay in Oakland .....See how they feel about your loyalty to a city after that....lol ...I was going to do it last year but I spared you the embarrassment ....not this year! 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:09:37 PM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2013, 03:13:52 AM »

Oscar you've been begging the Raiders to move to L.A. Since I've known you!...just so your flight pattern will be easier....to me that's treason!

Actually, It's got nothing to do with my flight pattern to attend games. (although it is a shorter route) 

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2013, 03:06:02 AM »
The Grandstanding & stalling on the stadium issue is a reason why I think the decision has mentally been made by Mark.

Obviously the front office is not gonna announce anything about a move to Los Angeles until they've sold their season ticket packages for the 2013 season (no need to alienate the fan base). & then Mark Davis is gotta work out the shit with Farmers Field or Dodgers Stadium & then he is gotta count on his dominos falling into place with the owners votes.

It's a 3 horse race between Raiders, Chargers & Rams for SoCAL & none of these franchises are going to announce plans until after this season as all 3 franchises have major issues with attendance.

If the Raiders were committed to Oakland, you'd think they'd have a stadium lease renewal already organized for 2014 and beyond (at least until this pipe dream of a project Coliseum City is shovel ready with ground broken).. Does the lease expiring after this season with nothing organized at the O.Co scare any of you NoCAL fans???

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:08:48 AM by Randy »

• Rookie Member
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2013, 11:51:47 PM »

Right On Raider Mike!!! You beat me to the response about L. A. thinking they are going to get our boys again. @
RaiderWildeStyle I'm glad you are a raider fan still after they left L.A. but they had to click their cleats because it's no place like home. L.A. is a nice "vacation spot" I'll give you that. lol! One thing I gotta say is they better do more than just bumping gums and start printing out agreements. No players shouldn't have to wonder where they are going to play next and fans shouldn't have to worry about if they need to save more money to fly out of town. Heck I rather pay sbl fee's really more than plane tickets.
@Tokai Raider I filled out that survey months ago too and personally I don't like those fees. But if that is what it takes and no other option I'll likely will pay the SBL fee. However, I think an alternative should be what this article is saying. http://justblogbaby.com/2013/06/23/new-stadium-for-oakland-raiders/ Many of us want the Oakland Raiders stay in or as close to Oakland as possible. So whether each fan go to games or couch their way in at home we should consider raising funds.

As the days tick by I do not have a lot of faith in a stadium being built in Oakland.

This is the 2nd survey in many years about the Raiders feedback seeking for a stadium at the current site.

Mayor Quan (or should i say the City of Oakland) has had years to come up with the goods and she wants to build a complex where 2 of the 3 current tennants (A's & Warriors) are lightyears away from re-committing to this current site.

Unfortunately 510'ers this team is looking like it's headed to SoCAL (IMO) 1st the tarps & more recently Amy Trask resigning (i think she may have inside info on 2014 & beyond n decided to leave based on the fact she was the teams biggest advocate of building a stadium in OAK.. Mark Davis too me says it's Oakland priority no.1 but he is open to other locations if the Oak council doesn't come to the party)

Oscar you've been begging the Raiders to move to L.A. Since I've known you!...just so your flight pattern will be easier....too Me that's treason!...but aside my opinion on your stance....please tell Me how L.A. Will land ANY team there?  Haven't you followed the news?  They had a plan approve in the City of L.A. And had it all lined up but they can't fund it!  And the deadline came and gone!...this is the very reason why Al moved back to Oakland in the first place....they couldn't pay to build a stadium!....so knowing that fact....how are they gonna get financed and build a stadium in less then a year?  Cause that's when Oakland's lease runs out at the end of this year!  So your saying the Raiders will be playing in a brand new stadium by the start of 2014?  Really?  They can't afford to build one right now with the L.A. City council behind them! ....the Raiders aren't going to live in limbo with no lease no direction by the end of this year....only way they could move anytime soon is if....L.A. Gets a deal done to finance a stadium before Febuary of 2014 and make a temporary agreement to have a temp stadium for them to play in while the new one gets built!  ...but it doesn't stop there....the Owners of the NFL must all vote in favor of allowing the Raiders to move to that TV market territory and that ain't happening under Goddell who's on record that He wants a expansion team there not another team from another market...don't believe me? Just look at the Sacramento Kings!  Everyone you and Greg said they'd move...what happened? Dave Stern wouldn't allow it and neither did the owners of the NBA .....the Maloofs WANTED to move THEIR team to Seatlle and their ass got shut down by the league ...they DID have financing and a better offer then Sacramento but Sacramento still won!....this is what will happen if the Raiders try moving again....Al sued the NFL over this very thing...that's why the NFL tacks on 3-4 phantom penalties a game!....So if you think they'll be encouraged to grant permission of that TV market in L.A. That easy your high on crack!....only realistic way it could happen is if Mark Davis sell the controlling interest to a group in L.A. Just like the Maloofs did to the group that owns them now....don't think for a second that Mark will!....the window is closed IMO ....but the Raiders have bad luck so anything can happen but I bet money they stay....they are highly likely to share the Niners stadium which WILL be ready at the beginning of the 2014 season and that meets the time frame of Oakland's lease running out!...I think that's what Mark is talking about.... We'll see...but stop the begging makes you sound like a traitor IMO ...don't claim to love Oakland and the fans like Me that go there ....then say you want them to move like you have in the past!... Disgusting and rude!

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
@Tokai Raider I filled out that survey months ago too and personally I don't like those fees. But if that is what it takes and no other option I'll likely will pay the SBL fee. However, I think an alternative should be what this article is saying. http://justblogbaby.com/2013/06/23/new-stadium-for-oakland-raiders/ Many of us want the Oakland Raiders stay in or as close to Oakland as possible. So whether each fan go to games or couch their way in at home we should consider raising funds.

As the days tick by I do not have a lot of faith in a stadium being built in Oakland.

This is the 2nd survey in many years about the Raiders feedback seeking for a stadium at the current site.

Mayor Quan (or should i say the City of Oakland) has had years to come up with the goods and she wants to build a complex where 2 of the 3 current tennants (A's & Warriors) are lightyears away from re-committing to this current site.

Unfortunately 510'ers this team is looking like it's headed to SoCAL (IMO) 1st the tarps & more recently Amy Trask resigning (i think she may have inside info on 2014 & beyond n decided to leave based on the fact she was the teams biggest advocate of building a stadium in OAK.. Mark Davis too me says it's Oakland priority no.1 but he is open to other locations if the Oak council doesn't come to the party)

Oscar you've been begging the Raiders to move to L.A. Since I've known you!...just so your flight pattern will be easier....to me that's treason!...but aside my opinion on your stance....please tell me how L.A. will land ANY team there?  Haven't you followed the news?  They had a plan approved in the City of L.A. and had it all lined up but they can't fund it!  And the deadline came and gone!...this is the very reason why Al moved back to Oakland in the first place....they couldn't pay to build a stadium!....so knowing that fact....how are they gonna get financed and build a stadium in less then a year?  Cause that's when Oakland's lease runs out at the end of this year!  So you're saying the Raiders will be playing in a brand new stadium by the start of 2014?  Really?  They can't afford to build one right now with the L.A. City council behind them! ....the Raiders aren't going to live in limbo with no lease no direction by the end of this year....only way they could move anytime soon is if....L.A. gets a deal done to finance a stadium before February of 2014 and make a temporary agreement to have a temp stadium for them to play in while the new one gets built!  ...but it doesn't stop there....the Owners of the NFL must all vote in favor of allowing the Raiders to move to that TV market territory and that ain't happening under Goodell, who's on record that he wants an expansion team there, not a team from another market...don't believe me? Just look at the Sacramento Kings!  Everyone, you and Greg said they'd move...what happened? Dave Stern wouldn't allow it and neither did the owners of the NBA .....the Maloofs WANTED to move THEIR team to Seattle and their ass got shut down by the league ...they DID have financing and a better offer then Sacramento but Sacramento still won!....this is what will happen if the Raiders try moving again....Al sued the NFL over this very thing...that's why the NFL tacks on 3-4 phantom penalties a game!....So if you think they'll be encouraged to grant permission of that TV market in L.A. that easy you're high on crack!....Only realistic way it could happen is if Mark Davis sells the controlling interest to a group in L.A. Just like the Maloofs did to the group that owns them now....don't think for a second that Mark will!....the window is closed IMO ....but the Raiders have bad luck so anything can happen but I bet money they stay....they are highly likely to share the Niners stadium which WILL be ready at the beginning of the 2014 season and that meets the time frame of Oakland's lease running out!...I think that's what Mark is talking about.... We'll see...but stop the begging. Makes you sound like a traitor IMO ...don't claim to love Oakland and the fans like me that go there ....then say you want them to move like you have in the past!... Disgusting and rude!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:06:12 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Re: IF THE CITY OF OAKLAND APPROVED IT, THE FANS WILL BUILD IT!
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2013, 05:34:54 AM »

• Rookie Member
IF THE CITY OF OAKLAND APPROVED IT, THE FANS WILL BUILD IT!
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »

Offline Tokai Raider

Stadium Survey
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »
I just filled out an online survey from the Raiders about their stadium plans. Lots of questions about "stadium builder licenses" or SBLs--the new word for PSLs. PSL holders would supposedly get a credit for the money they paid, to be applied towards an SBL. they compared costs of SBLs with stadiums in Carolina, Chicago, and SF, and asked how much I'd pay to sit in different sections, with different ticket and SBL amounts.

So it looks like some kind of 'seat license' will be happening, although survey respondents will likely tell them that they want to pay little or nothing for these things.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
L.A. Stadium plan "dead in the water" (VIDEO)
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders just became more likely to remain the OAKLAND Raiders
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2013, 10:11:26 AM »
Raiders just became more likely to remain the OAKLAND Raiders
James Arcellana, Silver and Black Pride

Raiders may no longer have LA as an option for a new stadium

Complete story:
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/3/5/4066626/oakland-raiders-just-became-more-likely-to-remain-the-oakland-raiders

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL won't guarantee money for new Raiders "Coliseum City" Stadium
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 03:38:42 AM »
NFL won't guarantee money for new Raiders Oakland Stadium
Matthew Artz, BayAreaNewsGroup

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_22623146/nfl-wont-guarantee-money-raiders-stadium
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:43:11 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »
Yeah with the 49'ers being such a hot ticket in town now, it's best that the raiders get as many games of theirs on tv as possible.

Still the tarps can't come off anytime during the season. Not that I have a lot of faith in Dennis Allen but if he somehow crapshoots his way to a playoff birth then our capacity must remain 53,000.

I think the Atmosphere will be better with a packed house closer to the field, but we will continue to be the laughing stock of the league as I've read some comments from Jaguars fans on profootballtalk.com saying the raiders are the new lame team. & honestly how can we justify a new stadium in Oakland when we tryna reduce capacity? IF they build Coliseum City then you can say goodbye to your $25 tickets and it will be a higher prices with a more upmarket clientel putting tickets out of range to the vocal blue collar fan.

I don't think we need a new stadium. But the Raiders are just so hell bent on trying to be the 49'ers it's not funny.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:47:35 AM by Randy »

Offline raider_erik

• Rookie Member
  • raider nation in SL UT
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:46 PM »
Not a bad idea. I like the idea of condensing the crowd closer to the field. I'm sure it would be possible to remove the tarp when we reach the post-season (hopefully in the near future). The seats on Mt. Davis were alright, but they definitely weren't worth the cash I dropped.

Love the show guys, thanks for keeping me in the loop out here in Utah!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Stadium Issues (The Tarps)
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
Anyone feel like weighing in on the tarps going up on Mt Davis?

Not a good look for the raiders quest to build a new stadium when they have to downsize their attendance levels. I guess they want their product on tv and were sick and tired of offering these 2 for 1 packages.

I think tarping off the seats is a good move. That Mt. Davis section was a monstrosity from the moment they added it in '95. They've rarely been able to fill it. Originally the cheapest seats up there were $59 I believe, and people didn't want to pay that much to sit way up there where you were so removed from the action. They tried lowering the prices up there to $25, and that helped. It got us a completely sold out season in 2011, but they needed extra perks to do it, like 2 for 1 specials, half-season ticket packages, quarter season ticket packages, etc.

Then last year when the NFL changed the blackout rules, the Raiders opted for the 85% option. This allowed them to call it a sellout whenever they filled 85% of the seats. This got them TV coverage for all but one game last year, but that came with a cost. When teams utilize the 85% rule, they must give the visiting team a higher share of the pie.

NFL teams currently pay the visiting team 34 cents on the dollar for every ticket sold to each home game. So, for example, when the Raiders set their minimum at 85% in 2012, and they sold 100% of their tickets, they had to pay the visiting team 50 cents on the dollar (instead of 34 cents) for the additional 15% sold.

It is not allowable to use the 85% option on some games and 100% on others. If you choose 85% it must be for every game of the year.

So for the 2013 season, the Raiders will NOT use the 85% option, they will go with 100%. If they fill up all of the 53,200 seats (the new capacity with the tarps up), they will pay the visiting teams 34% of the revenue (the lowest percentage possible).

They are losing about 16% of their seats, but I think it will result in a better atmosphere. Everyone will be closer to the action, and I'll bet it will be louder than before. I think that when people are way up so far from the field, they don't make as much noise. Even if they do, the sound is lost because that Mt. Davis section is above the rest of the stadium. With everyone no higher than the top of the walls of the 3rd deck, all the sound will be directed down to the field and less will escape. We should get that place ROCKING! Just like the good old days, when I first got my season tickets in 1980, when I watched Dan Pastorini break his leg the 5th game of the season and Jim Plunkett took over and guided the Raiders to a 9-2 record the remainder of the season, and a victory over the Eagles in Superbowl XV.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Amy Trask: "We want to stay" (In Oakland)
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2013, 11:45:06 AM »
Amy Trask: 'We want to stay'
Paul Gutierrez, Comcast SportsNet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/trask-we-want-stay

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Oakland Raiders to reduce capacity of stadium (from 63,132 to 53,200)
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »
Oakland Raiders to reduce capacity of stadium
Jerry McDonald, BayAreaNewsGroup

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_22534155/oakland-raiders-reduce-capacity-stadium

Raiders to block off top of Mt. Davis
Paul Gutierrez, Comcast SportsNet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/raiders-block-top-mt-davis

Raiders will tarp top of Mount Davis
Vic Tafur, SF Chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiders-will-tarp-top-of-Mount-Davis-4258267.php

Tarps won't change dire stadium situation in Oakland
Ray Ratto, Comcast SportsNet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/ray-ratto/tarps-wont-change-dire-stadium-situation-oakland

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:52:48 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »

Not a good look for the raiders quest to build a new stadium when they have to downsize their attendance levels. I guess they want their product on tv and were sick and tired of offering these 2 for 1 packages.

Yeah, they must REALLY want to have sellouts, because Greg said his season ticket price has been cut way down....even though he's an established season ticket holder. According to Greg, they reduced the price of all 3rd deck seats to $25. Greg was paying $89 two years ago, and last year they reduced it to about $75.....and now $25?

Naturally my club seats are staying firm at $151 each.....as always!

Oh....wait a minute! I just checked and my seats have been reduced too! From $151 a seat down to $150!
WHOOOPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

http://www.raiders.com/tickets/seating-price-map.html

(I'm in section 216, Greg's in 317)
We have pretty much the same sight line, and I have to pay 6 times as much!?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:38:11 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Plans for new Oakland Raiders football stadium and entertainment district
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2013, 10:39:08 AM »
Coliseum Authority to study plans for new Oakland Raiders football stadium and entertainment district
Oakland Tribune

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_22453012/coliseum-authority-study-plans-new-oakland-raiders-football

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:46:25 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Coliseum Authority Approves $1 Million today for "Coliseum City" studies
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Stadium Issues - 7 Game season ticket packages
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:38 AM »
Oh yeah....its gonna happen under Mark Davis's watch...its a business...how can you not be in the L.A. market with a bunch of Raiders fans from L.A. to Indio to Riverside, and even San Diego!...and lets not forget the Raiders Arizona fan base...its jus a matter of time... 8)

Whether its L.A or Oakland. I'd love to see the raiders sell 7 game season packages for the town they are based in & then 1 game a year they play in the alternative city (Santa Clara stadium or Farmers Field)

If the Bills can play a game in Toronto once a year. Why not the raiders in SoCal?

A full season ticket is 10 games. Can't get it without the two preseason games. They do have a "half-season package" though, which is 5 games. Best of all, they are all regular season games. Plus you get "priority access" to single game tickets, so someone could always get a couple more games if they wanted. But then you'd be on your own for the away games. But that's the way it is for all the teams.

http://www.raiders.com/tickets/ticket-packages.html

I had no idea the Bills have been playing one game a year in Toronto since 2008. Sounds interesting. I know where Crusader Raider would like the Raiders to play one of their "home" games.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:42:34 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
Re: Stadium Issues - 7 Game season ticket packages
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2012, 02:14:47 AM »
Oh yeah....its gonna happen under Mark Davis's watch...its a business...how can you not be in the L.A. market with a bunch of Raiders fans from L.A. to Indio to Riverside, and even San Diego!...and lets not forget the Raiders Arizona fan base...its jus a matter of time... 8)

Whether its L.A or Oakland. I'd love to see the raiders sell 7 game season packages for the town they are based in & then 1 game a year they play in the alternative city (Santa Clara stadium or Farmers Field)

If the Bills can play a game in Toronto once a year. Why not the raiders in SoCal?

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2012, 12:24:23 AM »
 I apologize to greg and randy....i think i have aramark confused with aeg....
     I will say one thing though....unless you are staying at a hotel like the airport hilton and paying 160 plus per night you are probably staying in a motel near the Coliseum which is near the "fringes" of the "HOOD".One dude held up the people working the local fast food drive thru,i have heard of mugings,people shot and some killed,street people begging for change/panhandlers,dudes looking in trash cans,car vandalism/theft,prostitution,drug deals...this was told to me by a lady who worked the front desk of the motel i was staying at.All types of crimes occur in the areas around the Coliseum.That plus a sizeable amount of homeless people living under the hegenberger bridge next to the coliseum-esp at night.I learned from experience that if you are staying in one of these motels NOT to go out at night-get your food/drinks during the daytime....
     If you were a investor why would you want to invest in a stadium project in this area?The risks/insurance would be too great-imho....

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
When i was flying in for the Steelers game(from Las vegas) two men were sitting in my area....Both work for the aramark concession company...they worked in the suites for the VIPS that would be attending the game.I mentioned this to Greg and his impression is that the raiders will be moving to Los Angeles once their lease expires at the O coliseum.

What do the concession people (Aramark) have to do with moving to LA? I don't understand the connection. Aramark has been the company that provides the food and service to the luxury boxes for a long time. Probably ever since the Raiders moved back to Oakland in '95. I know they had that concession at least by 2005 or so...because I was invited into a luxury box back then and I remember that name on the worker's uniforms. Does Aramark have a connection to the new stadium plans for LA?

AEG (Anschutz Entertainment Group) is the company that was supposed to be heading up the LA stadium proposal. Did you have them mixed up with Aramark Food Services? AEG announced they are being sold by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschutz_Entertainment_Group
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_Field

http://www.coliseum.com/info/concessions.php
http://www.aramark.com/Industries/SportsandEntertainment/

The LA city council voted just this past Monday to approve the Farmers Field stadium deal:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/8421710/los-angeles-council-committee-approves-deal-build-farmers-field

I NEVER SAID IT "WAS THE REASON" THE RAIDERS MIGHT MOVE BACK TO LA.... I SAID IT WAS JUST ANOTHER PIECE IN THE LONG LINE OF PIECES THAT LEAD "ME" TO BELIEVE THIS MIGHT HAPPEN IN THE NEXT 3-4 YEARS OR SOONER... THE INSTANT FAN BASE... THE NEW STADIUM THAT MARK WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR... I'M SURE THERE WILL BE INCENTIVE MONEY INVOLVED.... LOOK IT JUST LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE THIS MIGHT HAPPEN.... THEY DID IT ONCE... I'M JUST SAYIN'!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:59:01 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
When i was flying in for the Steelers game(from Las vegas) two men were sitting in my area....Both work for the aramark concession company...they worked in the suites for the VIPS that would be attending the game.I mentioned this to Greg and his impression is that the raiders will be moving to Los Angeles once their lease expires at the O coliseum.

What do the concession people (Aramark) have to do with moving to LA? I don't understand the connection. Aramark has been the company that provides the food and service to the luxury boxes for a long time. Probably ever since the Raiders moved back to Oakland in '95. I know they had that concession at least by 2005 or so...because I was invited into a luxury box back then and I remember that name on the worker's uniforms. Does Aramark have a connection to the new stadium plans for LA?

AEG (Anschutz Entertainment Group) is the company that was supposed to be heading up the LA stadium proposal. Did you have them mixed up with Aramark Food Services? AEG announced they are being sold by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschutz_Entertainment_Group
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_Field

http://www.coliseum.com/info/concessions.php
http://www.aramark.com/Industries/SportsandEntertainment/

The LA city council voted just this past Monday to approve the Farmers Field stadium deal:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/8421710/los-angeles-council-committee-approves-deal-build-farmers-field
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:30:18 PM by Randy »

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2012, 06:16:54 AM »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »
And of course theres the other location in Industry which would be a much better venue for a pro football team who ever it may be...so AEG runs the operations at the O.com is that part of the  sale too it doesnt say???...
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
AEG buyer will likely inherit L.A. stadium effort
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »
AEG buyer will likely inherit L.A. stadium effort
Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/19/aeg-buyer-will-likely-inherit-l-a-stadium-effort/

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL's L.A. plans being derailed?
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2012, 02:12:02 AM »
Anschutz’s interest in selling AEG could derail NFL’s L.A. plans
Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/18/anschutzs-interest-in-selling-aeg-could-derail-nfls-l-a-plans/

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Steelers' owner thinks NFL will have one or two teams in L.A. within 5 years
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2012, 02:05:28 AM »
Steelers' owner thinks NFL will have one or two teams in L.A. within 5 years. Raiders a candidate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/20/rooney-thinks-nfl-will-be-back-in-l-a-within-five-years

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Oakland tries to retain A's, Warriors, Raiders
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
Oakland tries to retain A's, Warriors, Raiders
Vittorio Tafur, SF Chronicle

Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle had a meeting with Oakland Mayor Jean Quan in her office this week on the status of "Coliseum City" plans.

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/tafur/article/Oakland-tries-to-retain-A-s-Warriors-Raiders-3683181.php

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2012, 02:21:43 AM »
So AEG are already doing business with the Raiders...lots of possibilites could happen out of this relationship...very interesting :o

My understanding is AEG is doing business with the Oakland City Council & 1 of the conditions of being awarded the contract is AEG cant talk to Raiders front office about moving to L.A.

The article says, "The contract approved Monday by a 7-1 vote includes provisions that would severely limit AEG from wooing any team to a city within 50 miles of Oakland. But there is nothing to keep the company from luring the Warriors, Raiders or A's to a city outside that boundary..."

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2012, 02:20:37 AM »
I think they can Raiderwildstyle..."The contract approved Monday by a 7-1 vote includes provisions that would severely limit AEG from wooing any team to a city within 50 miles of Oakland. But there is nothing to keep the company from luring the Warriors, Raiders or A's to a city outside that boundary."....but besides that, theres a good chance that AEG can help build a new stadium at the present location... 8)

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2012, 01:05:14 AM »
So AEG are already doing business with the Raiders...lots of possibilites could happen out of this relationship...very interesting :o

My understanding is AEG is doing business with the Oakland City Council & 1 of the conditions of being awarded the contract is AEG cant talk to Raiders front office about moving to L.A.

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2012, 12:13:05 AM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
AEG confirmed as operator of O.co Coliseum
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
AEG confirmed as operator of O.co Coliseum
Angela Woodall, Contra Costa Times

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_20885077/aeg-confirmed-operator-o-co-coliseum