Author Topic: Stadium Issues  (Read 17499 times)

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
Re: Stadium Issues
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »
It seems like the city Oakland doesn't really care if the Raiders stay in Oaktown....if they did they would of got a new stadium deal built already....if they keep putting it off the Raiders just might be gone by then all L.A. needs is a HELL YEAH by Mark Davis, BOOM a stadium is built....:-[
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »
Well ? 8)
twitter @extramannish

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2014, 06:17:09 PM »
I believe that Al Davis was Guaranteed sellouts when he decided to move to Los Angeles .As you can see on old film footage there were about 30,000 EMPTY seats at The Los Angeles memorial Coliseum on game days .He was Also promised by Los Angeles officials that they would have Luxury Suites at the Coliseum built.This NEVER Happened.I am Told that The City Officials in Oakland promised and built what Raiders fans call MT Davis(Luxury seats/boxes),to bring the Raiders back to Oakland .I believe the citizens of Oakland paid for this.Can someone please tell me how much of the taxpayers money paid for MT Davis and how much of Al's money/private money went into financing MT Davis and the Oakland Coliseum?

I don't know how much it cost.

I know they still have 100m to pay off of Mt Davis.

I've also heard (via twitter from someone who knows a Coliseum Maitenance worker) *take info with grain of salt* but Mt Davis has been deemed unsafe to use because of cracks in the beam.

So whilst the media beats up that Raiders has an attendance issue and has to utilise tarps.. the real reason Mt Davis has been closed off is it's a liability waiting to crumble. (It kind of makes perfect sense because the A's don't even open up Mt Davis for the ALDS)

Actually don't quote me on that last bit.

I just tried searching for the tweet & unfortunately no such luck.

But sounded legit reasoning why we supposedly have an attendance issue.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
I believe that Al Davis was Guaranteed sellouts when he decided to move to Los Angeles .As you can see on old film footage there were about 30,000 EMPTY seats at The Los Angeles memorial Coliseum on game days .He was Also promised by Los Angeles officials that they would have Luxury Suites at the Coliseum built.This NEVER Happened.I am Told that The City Officials in Oakland promised and built what Raiders fans call MT Davis(Luxury seats/boxes),to bring the Raiders back to Oakland .I believe the citizens of Oakland paid for this.Can someone please tell me how much of the taxpayers money paid for MT Davis and how much of Al's money/private money went into financing MT Davis and the Oakland Coliseum?

I don't know how much it cost.

I know they still have 100m to pay off of Mt Davis.

I've also heard (via twitter from someone who knows a Coliseum Maitenance worker) *take info with grain of salt* but Mt Davis has been deemed unsafe to use because of cracks in the beam.

So whilst the media beats up that Raiders has an attendance issue and has to utilise tarps.. the real reason Mt Davis has been closed off is it's a liability waiting to crumble. (It kind of makes perfect sense because the A's don't even open up Mt Davis for the ALDS)

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2014, 11:15:52 AM »

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »
I was fortunate to have Met Dan Pastorini...Dan told me that he was playing Pretty Good until he Got Hurt(against the Chiefs in Oakland).Some Raiders fans were Bitter that Al traded Ken Stabler to Houston. Stabler helped the Raiders Win their First Super Bowl. Alot Of Raider fans were upset with the trade and Never Embraced Pastorini. When Dan got hurt Alot of Raider fans Cheered-that was Low Class ! That Hurt Dan Alot. Plunkett came into the game and the Crowd Cheered. .Plunkett won games and Eventually The Raiders won the Super Bowl against the Eagles. There is a really Good Book on Jim Plunkett.-I checked it out from the library. Al got to a point where he didn't like Pastorini and Al treated Dan Not kindly and Pastorini was toast as far as Al was concerned(after the injury)Dan Felt that Al was Treating him badly during that time .I asked Dan about his Raider days and I could tell he wasn;t happy with Al Davis and the way some Raider fans treated him when he got injured .I asked him if he wore his Super Bowl ring and Dan said when he Got Injured it was Plunkett's team and that he Never wears that ring.
     Bobby Hebert was a qb with the Oakland invaders...and Raymond Chester and some Raiders were on the Invaders team .Bobby is on WWL radio in New Orleans(sportstalk 870 am).I listen to his shows when I can pick it up. Bobby mentioned that Fred Biletnikoff was the qb coach for the Invaders and when Bobby walked into the position room the room was filled with Fred's cigarette smoke and cig smoke from another position coach. Bobby also mentioned that when he played for the Saints that the fans sitting Directly behind their bench would yell all kind of profanities and throw stuff at them...Even old white hair grandmothers-flippin' them off and talking vile stuff. .even kids!...he said he Never experienced anything like this except the Oakland Coliseum...he was laughing about it...

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
RE: Raiders' move to LA in the '80s
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
Quote from: Randy

The Raiders didn't leave Oakland in '87...The Raiders were in L.A. for the 1982 through 1994 seasons. I know you must have just hit the wrong key when you typed that message, but just wanted to clarify that for people who might not know the right dates.
Well the title of the video said 1987 meaning they did the TV spot in 1987 ....So when I said this video is how Raider fans  felt back in 1987 means exactly what I said....I didn't say ....in 1987 is when the Raiders moved to L.A.

I thought that's probably what you meant Mike, but I just clairified it in case someone who doesn't know the history like you do might read where you said, "...HOW PEOPLE FELT AND VIEWED THE RAIDERS AFTER THEY LEFT BACK IN 1987".....and they might think it meant that they left in '87. It was kind of strange in that video how they showed the old abandoned practice field in Alameda, where a parking space still had Kenny Stabler's name on it in '87....even though he played for the Oilers in '80 and '81, the last two years the Raiders were in Oakland before moving to LA. The fact that Stabler had been feuding with Al Davis and was traded....and wasn't with the Raiders those last two years....I would have thought Al would have had Stabler's name painted over on that parking space.

I still have a snapshot I took in '81 with my camera, when I was standing in row 1 in front of the old bleachers at the Coliseum as the Raiders and Oilers were warming up for a game....and Stabler is standing there in his Oilers uniform talking to Bum Phillips....wearing his trademark cowboy hat.

When Al Davis traded Stabler to Houston, it was a straight across trade, QB for QB....Stabler for Dan Pastorini. I think he liked Pastorini's strong arm, for stretching the field, and he was 30 years old compared with Stabler at 34. That didn't work out too well. What did Pastorini play? Four games? Well, actually it did work out well in the end....when Pastorini broke his leg.  I had season tickets then...my first year. When his leg snapped, the crowd cheered because he hadn't done all that well and they wanted to see Jim Plunkett. Plunkett stepped in and led the Raiders to the Superbowl, and won it...as everyone knows. The "cinderella season" as they called it.

Thanks Mike. See you when the season starts!

Check out this old article I found about the trade:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat=19800315&id=Dc5HAAAAIBAJ&sjid=U38MAAAAIBAJ&pg=7270,3550763

Here's a couple more interesting articles I ran across that tell the story of what was happening with the Raiders back then:

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/09/30/sports/pastorini-is-itching-to-get-in-the-game.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1095212/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:55:24 AM by Randy »

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just calling it like i see it!
Re: With Coliseum City commitment deadline passed, Raiders wait on A's
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »
Quote from: Randy

The Raiders didn't leave Oakland in '87...The Raiders were in L.A. for the 1982 through 1994 seasons. I know you must have just hit the wrong key when you typed that message, but just wanted to clarify that for people who might not know the right dates.
Well the title of the video said 1987 meaning they did the TV spot in 1987 ....So when I said this video is how Raider fans  felt back in 1987 means exactly what I said....I didn't say ....in 1987 is when the Raiders moved to L.A.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
With Coliseum City commitment deadline passed, Raiders wait on A's
Levi Damien, SB Nation

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/4/24/5651116/with-coliseum-city-commitment-deadline-passed-raiders-wait-on-as

Remember the "Oakland Invaders"?  I wonder if Randy remembers that?  ....

http://youtu.be/mjgMhE9jc7w

Oh, of course I remember the Invaders. One of the firefighters I worked with back then had been a long-time Raiders season ticket holder.....back to the '60's I think....and when the Raiders moved to L.A., he got pissed off at Al Davis and bought Oakland Invaders season tickets and was a member of the Invaders booster club. I just couldn't do it. A bunch of other former Raiders fans in the FD jumped ship to the 49ers, since they won their first Superbowl right before the Raiders moved. I had Raiders season tickets in '80 and '81.....but I wasn't going to jump ship. I still have a few Los Angeles Raiders t-shirts in my drawer.

The Raiders last year before moving to LA, 1981.....the year the 49ers won the Superbowl......the Raiders went 7-9. They had a three game streak near the beginning of that season when they were shut out three straight games. That was the first time an NFL team had been shut out three consecutive games since the 1920's, when it happened to the New York Yankees football team.

The Raiders' first year in LA was the strike-shortened season, and the Raiders went 8-1 using "scab" players, with Vince Evans as their QB, remember him? That same year......the Superbowl Champion 49ers went 3-6 in the strike-shortened season. I won money from one of my 49er fan friends that year. We used to make a bet every year on who would have a better record between the Raiders and 49ers. He tried to weasel out of the bet by saying that "all bets are off" because of the strike. I didn't let him get away with it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:04:13 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2014, 12:42:44 PM »
Levi Damien, SB Nation

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/4/24/5651116/with-coliseum-city-commitment-deadline-passed-raiders-wait-on-as

SO HEY GREG WHEN YOU SAY YOU WANT THE RAIDERS TO MOVE TO L.A. ....JUST WATCH THIS VIDEO AND REFLECT ON HOW PEOPLE FELT AND VIEWED THE RAIDERS AFTER THEY LEFT BACK IN 1987....

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2014, 11:47:55 AM »
Levi Damien, SB Nation

SO HEY GREG WHEN YOU SAY YOU WANT THE RAIDERS TO MOVE TO L.A. ....JUST WATCH THIS VIDEO AND REFLECT ON HOW PEOPLE FELT AND VIEWED THE RAIDERS AFTER THEY LEFT BACK IN 1987.....THE RAIDERS SOLD OUT FOR THE GLITTER OF HOLLYWOOD AND 30,000 empty seats regularly .....THAT'S WHY AL CAME BACK TO OAKLAND! ....HE KNEW THE FAN BASE HERE IS GENUINE AND CARES ABOUT THEIR TEAM EVEN WHEN THEY LOSE 2-14 2006 sell out 5 of 8 games ...NEVER HAPPEN IN L.A.!  .....watch Ricky at Ricky's bar get interviewed and watch him babble about Oakland getting a expansion team and starting over ..,,Remember the "Oakland Invaders"?  I wonder if Randy remembers that?  .....yeah when they chase the new stadium and TV market of L.A. .....Watch this  franchise die and lose Mystique and the hardcore fan base that came with it ....will there still be some left? Of course I'm a Raider for life ....but PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND WATCH THE REACTION TO FANS .....AND THEN TELL ME YOU WANT THAT FOR THE PEOPLE OF OAKLAND WHO FOR THE LAST 18 YEARS HAVE GAVE EVERYTHING TO SEE THIS TEAM WIN!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »
Levi Damien, SB Nation

Offline Autumn Wind Williams

• Rookie Member
    • Keep the Raiders in Oakland
Mayor Quan
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
This is just another purpose why it is important for Raider fans especially those of us from Oakland to call the Mayor's, Alameda Supervisor's, City Councils' offices..

If she wants votes she has to make sure she completes what is right for the City of Oakland..Growing up I've seen so much taken away from my home and it started mainly around after the Raiders moved to L.A..Then the violence increased, more drug dealers were increasing, etc..

Why? Because jobs were taken away and depression from the lack of things to do.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Turns out Oakland mayor's princely claim was royal fib
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2014, 09:49:04 AM »
Turns out Oakland mayor's princely claim was royal fib
Levi Damien, SB Nation

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/4/12/5608542/turns-out-oakland-mayors-princely-claim-was-royal-fib

Is she up for re-election this year? If so, she may be on her way out.

Yes she is up for re-election.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:44:45 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider G

• Rookie Member
Re: Turns out Oakland mayor's princely claim was royal fib
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2014, 07:06:29 PM »
Levi Damien, SB Nation

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/4/12/5608542/turns-out-oakland-mayors-princely-claim-was-royal-fib

Is she up for re-election this year? If so, she may be on her way out.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2014, 07:20:36 PM »
Levi Damien, SB Nation

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Woman jumps from Coliseum's 3rd deck - 61 y/o US Marine Vet breaks her fall
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »
Woman jumps from Coliseum's 3rd deck - 61 y/o US Marine Vet breaks her fall
David DeBolt, InsideBayArea.com

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_24593320/woman-jumps-from-third-deck-coliseum

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Coliseum board considers lease extensions for Raiders, Athletics
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2013, 01:04:57 PM »
Coliseum board considers lease extensions for Raiders, Athletics
David DeBolt, InsideBayArea.com

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_24592634/oakland-coliseum-board-considers-lease-extensions-raiders-athletics

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
League tells teams not to cut their own L.A. deals
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »
It's the Dolphins by the way , when you've finished arguing amongst yourselves.

Who's Coming to London! ?   8)
twitter @extramannish

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »
You confirmed ...I GOT YOU! ....thanks for the good laugh ...it's great having puppets on strings like you ....it cheers Me up!

Please PM me your address so I can FedEx your Tebow jersey to you...Bronco Mike...has a nice ring to it

Your hilarious!...talk about crying like a baby!...Thanks for all the time you spent posting about Me...I don't give out autographs sorry.... I GOT YOU!  Hahahahaha

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2013, 05:12:42 AM »
Come on Now..

Lets settle down with the name calling, We might not agree on who's city this team is but there is no need to make wild accusations like we are Broncos fans.

As for Coliseum City.. What a joke. This was a meeting attended by fans and councilmen. no team owners, no deep pocket investors in attendance. these Saudi Arabians better start talking (then walking) about a commitment to this development if it's only 1 team. I can gaurentee you that unless Lew Wolff sells his team the A's ain't staying in Oakland.

The Warriors have put money into this SF project. but i could see a team like the Kings, Bucks etc moving to the East Bay and then the Bay Area becoming a 2 hoop team town.

But i struggle to see how this development can succeed honestly with only 8 football games a year where it would be built on the back of a restaurant/entertainment precint which would be more beneficiial if they had baseballs 81 home games and hoops 41 homes games a year.

but time will tell.. and time is ticking!!!

Mark Davis saying all the right things which is positivie.. time to speak up "Deep Pocketed Investors"

Offline Toecutter

• Rookie Member
  • Part of the Problem
Re: Is Coliseum City idea Oakland's final shot to keep Raiders?
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2013, 11:14:05 AM »
Is Coliseum City idea Oakland's final shot to keep Raiders?
TIM KAWAKAMI, San Jose Mercury News

http://www.insidebayarea.com/tim-kawakami/ci_24330948/kawakami-is-coliseum-city-idea-oaklands-final-shot

Raiders fans cheer Oakland council's backing for stadium push
Matthew Artz, Oakland Tribune

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_24323040/raiders-fans-cheer-oakland-councils-backing-stadium-push

This most likely is the last gasp at keeping the raiders in the Oakland area.
Even the brain-dead city council voted 6-0 for the concept. easy on their part, they're not committing any money to the project, and have dropped it into the prospective investors laps to see where it goes.
Basically the council punted. At least they're not standing in the way, unless demands for bowling alleys, and ice cream shops gets in the way...

Now it's up the the Raiders, Bay Investment Group, and Colony Capital. The next couple of months will tell if these investment partners are truly serious, and if Davis must sell part of his ownership stake to ante up his commitment in lieu of cash, which he ain't got. Which he would most likely have to do if it comes to a L.A deal.

By April we'll know for sure (hopefully) which way the Raiders ships heads...we indeed are living in interesting times in the Raiders history...

"I've been here 23 years. I've been here when it was glory hole days and I've been here when it wasn't. And, so, having said that, I want me some glory hole."
-Jerry Jones

Offline Toecutter

• Rookie Member
  • Part of the Problem
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »
Wow...just wow ??? settle down Sonny-Jim.

By the way my intellectually challenged friend, by your bizarre reasoning your response to my post means...I GOT YOU. ;)

Now please, calm down. Your childish ramblings are an embarrassment to the Raider Nation. Any fans of other clubs would think us gibbering neanderthals if they should perchance stumble upon one of your dissembling rants.

Any chance we could pitch in, and purchase a Broncos jersey for you to wear? It would help us all out a lot. Thanks.

LMFAO....you know when someone personally attacks or acts like you do....You know their lost and are desperate to get a reaction to their satisfaction.... Well... Thank you Bud!...you confirmed ...I GOT YOU! ....thanks for the good laugh ...it's great having puppets on strings like you ....it cheers Me up!

Hmmm, I've watched for some time before commenting on your ignorant treatment of other members of the Raider Nation.
You personally attack at the drop of a hat, yet, bizarrely claim others are "desperate to get a reaction".

Yes, you are the forum troll king, congratulations, this being your ownly accomplishment in your very young life I'm sure.
I of course have contributed to this, as giving you the only attention you'll ever receive in life. Sad really, for both of us.

Now, Mike, can I call you Mike? Or is it Micheal?
I've been in touch with the Bronco's concerning your leaving the Raider nation, and joining their fan base.
They were very excited to see you become one of them.
By leaving the Raider nation, and joining the Bronco whatevers you would have the dual accomplishment of raising the average IQ of both groups simultaneously. Bravo, my friend, bravo.

To help you in your transition I've purchased a Bronco's jersey to help you get used to wearing orange all the time.
They were out of Manning jerseys, but I got a smokin' deal on a Tebow. I got it in small, as I surmise from your posts you are a small man. If not one of the little people.
That is no insult, I adore you little folk, after all, what would Lord of the Rings be without your type?

Please PM me your address so I can FedEx your Tebow jersey to you...Bronco Mike...has a nice ring to it...
"I've been here 23 years. I've been here when it was glory hole days and I've been here when it wasn't. And, so, having said that, I want me some glory hole."
-Jerry Jones

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2013, 12:49:34 AM »

By the way my intellectually challenged friend, by your bizarre reasoning your response to my post means...I GOT YOU. ;)

Now please, calm down. Your childish ramblings are an embarrassment to the Raider Nation. Any fans of other clubs would think us gibbering neanderthals if they should perchance stumble upon one of your dissembling rants.

Any chance we could pitch in, and purchase a Broncos jersey for you to wear? It would help us all out a lot. Thanks.

LMFAO....you know when someone personally attacks or acts like you do....You know their lost and are desperate to get a reaction to their satisfaction.... Well... Thank you Bud!...you confirmed ...I GOT YOU! ....thanks for the good laugh ...it's great having puppets on strings like you ....it cheers Me up!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
TIM KAWAKAMI, San Jose Mercury News

http://www.insidebayarea.com/tim-kawakami/ci_24330948/kawakami-is-coliseum-city-idea-oaklands-final-shot

Raiders fans cheer Oakland council's backing for stadium push
Matthew Artz, Oakland Tribune

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_24323040/raiders-fans-cheer-oakland-councils-backing-stadium-push
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:03:47 PM by Randy »

Offline Toecutter

• Rookie Member
  • Part of the Problem
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2013, 10:54:08 PM »
Time to drop your divisive attitude toward

Time for you to STFU... And thanks for responding to my post.....It Shows I got you!  .....Now go make suggestions to people who care

-Jerry Jones

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2013, 10:22:48 PM »
Time to drop your divisive attitude toward

Time for you to STFU... And thanks for responding to my post.....It Shows I got you!  .....Now go make suggestions to people who care

Offline Toecutter

• Rookie Member
  • Part of the Problem
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2013, 12:49:12 PM »
That's nationalistic nonsense. "My loyalty is better than your loyalty. Why? Because I say so. USA! USA!".

If someone wants to post about how foreigners can never understand ... whatever it is they think foreigners can't understand

Hey Robert Why don't you just say what you really want to say.. and say it directly to Me... instead of talking shit ....The Hypocrisy is sickening and cowardly

He quoted you directly, then responded to your statements.
That pretty much fulfills the responding directly to you definition.
Now,  time to drop your divisive attitude toward those of the Raider NATION who don't live within 10 ft of Oco Coliseum.
-Jerry Jones

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »
That's nationalistic nonsense. "My loyalty is better than your loyalty. Why? Because I say so. USA! USA!".

If someone wants to post about how foreigners can never understand ... whatever it is they think foreigners can't understand

Hey Robert Why don't you just say what you really want to say.. and say it directly to Me... instead of talking shit ....The Hypocrisy is sickening and cowardly

I'll post what I want where I want. I said what I wanted to say. Interpret it however you wish.

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2013, 01:56:46 AM »
The Raiders are moving to L.A. probably anyway... The Mayor doesn't care and no one cares enough to stand up for it.... Except Mark Davis...  So their gone... Either way I'll be happy when the stadium gets built and put this fucking bullshit to bed... i am so sick of hearing about it

Offline RAIDER MIKE

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2013, 01:50:09 AM »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »
News just broke that the Raiders are set to play a home game in London next year

great for the UK Raider Nation obviously  , but not so great for you guys over there

RaiderNationPodcast - International Edition :)

Greg, Randy, Robert, Mike, Juan, Oscar, Rodney, Kev and all the rest of you guys - make the trip, it's gonna be a blast!
   be great to get all you guys here     I will be over for the titans game in november will be on a recruitment drive for you to come to london

Les:

Do you have any idea what we will have to do to get tickets for the game? Don't they have a lottery for tickets? Will we have to buy them from a ticket broker who resells them? Any recommendations? It's sort of strange being that it's technically a "home" Raiders game, but Raiders season ticket holders who normally purchase 8 home game tickets for regular season will not have this London game included in their home game ticket book as I understand it. I wonder if our season ticket package will be cheaper next year as a result. So someone who pays $100 per game for two seats and normally pays $1600 for the season (8 x $200) will only have to pay $1400 for the season (7 x $200)?

I think they do reserve an allocation for "home" fans - certainly when I was there a good number of Bostonians were present following the brady bunch.

Failing that, you can buy club packages direct from Wembley for around $500 if you lose out / don't want the hassle of the uk registration process.

Ticketmaster are the official partner.

What do those club packages from Wembley include? Two tickets? What are the "club" seats like? I'm not holding out much hope of getting tickets through the Raiders. When they went to the Superbowl vs Tampa Bay they had a lottery for about 5,000 tickets. Each person could buy 4 seats. With about 20,000 season ticket holders, not a very high percentage of them were selected. I was one who was not, and ended up paying $1700 for one ticket on eBay! THAT was sure money I wished I could get back about 15 minutes into the game.

The "Club Wembley" $500 package gets you one ticket(!) but gives you some benefits like a dedicated entrance for quick access, free food and drink for two hours before and after the game + halftime, a programme and lanyard (wow!), and a much less busy bar during the game. It's overpriced but it's only the packages Wembley sell direct. You can get just a club seat for about $200 but need to go through the official process.

The club seats are on the middle "belt" around the stadium, similar to the Coliseum. If you check the Wembley website I think they show you the view from any selected seat.

I seem to remember the NFL also offer official "experience" packages including tickets, travel etc for US fans. Again though, I'd expect it to be less expensive if you book travel / accomodation independently.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »
News just broke that the Raiders are set to play a home game in London next year

great for the UK Raider Nation obviously  , but not so great for you guys over there

Greg, Randy, Robert, Mike, Juan, Oscar, Rodney, Kev and all the rest of you guys - make the trip, it's gonna be a blast!
   be great to get all you guys here     I will be over for the titans game in november will be on a recruitment drive for you to come to london

Les:

Do you have any idea what we will have to do to get tickets for the game? Don't they have a lottery for tickets? Will we have to buy them from a ticket broker who resells them? Any recommendations? It's sort of strange being that it's technically a "home" Raiders game, but Raiders season ticket holders who normally purchase 8 home game tickets for regular season will not have this London game included in their home game ticket book as I understand it. I wonder if our season ticket package will be cheaper next year as a result. So someone who pays $100 per game for two seats and normally pays $1600 for the season (8 x $200) will only have to pay $1400 for the season (7 x $200)?

I think they do reserve an allocation for "home" fans - certainly when I was there a good number of Bostonians were present following the brady bunch.

Failing that, you can buy club packages direct from Wembley for around $500 if you lose out / don't want the hassle of the uk registration process.

What do those club packages from Wembley include? Two tickets? What are the "club" seats like? I'm not holding out much hope of getting tickets through the Raiders. When they went to the Superbowl vs Tampa Bay they had a lottery for about 5,000 tickets. Each person could buy 4 seats. With about 20,000 season ticket holders, not a very high percentage of them were selected. I was one who was not, and ended up paying $1700 for one ticket on eBay! THAT was sure money I wished I could get back about 15 minutes into the game.

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »

Les:

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »

Les:

Offline Englishraider

• Hall Of Famer
    • Englishraider
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »

"when you have great coaches then after you have great coaches you get great players and you have a great organisation and you tell them one thing Just Win Baby" Al Davis Superbowl XVIII

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »

Offline Raider Dee

• Hall Of Famer
  • Sheffield , UK
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »

twitter @extramannish

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2013, 09:30:36 AM »
The Concord Stadium article is Irwindale 2013.

Mark probably just looking at Concord to start creating
 a) leverage &
b) sense of urgency by the Oakland Council to get shit done at the current site.

It makes sense for the team to have a backup plan, and Concord isn't as far out in the middle of nowhere as Irwindale was. With BART nearby, the naval station isn't too bad. How far is it from the freeway and Caltrain?

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2013, 04:48:53 AM »
The Concord Stadium article in Irwindale 2013.

Mark probably just looking at Concord to start creating
 a) leverage &
b) sense of urgency by the Oakland Council to get shit done at the current site.

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »
I don't expect a foreigner like you to understand what that means....your just a visitor when you come here not a citizen of the U.S. so you don't understand the value of loyalty to your country or city

Wow. I came on here to post about the Raiders looking into building a stadium in Concord, on the old naval weapons station site (http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Raiders-owner-scouts-Concord-site-for-new-stadium-4872699.php) but then I find this shit?

Let's examine the logic of these sentences. A tourist in the US won't understand the value of loyalty to their own country or city ... because ... why? Let's say a Spaniard from Madrid comes to the US to visit, and while he's in the US, he can't understand loyalty to Spain or Madrid? If he goes back to Spain, would he regain that understanding? Is it jet lag that makes him not understand?

What I think it means is that Americans supposedly have some special claim to loyalty. Someone who's visiting the US, and who's not an American citizen, can't understand what loyalty means to Americans. But that's ridiculous. This isn't some exclusive feeling that only Americans have. That's nationalistic nonsense. "My loyalty is better than your loyalty. Why? Because I say so. USA! USA!" I'm teaching a class this semester on nationalism ... but this BS isn't on the syllabus.

Can we stick to talking about football here? If someone wants to post about how foreigners can never understand ... whatever it is they think foreigners can't understand ... then I would like to respectfully suggest that they post that somewhere else. There's a ton of sites out there that cater to that topic. I say this knowing full well that I do not control this site, and am only a very thankful friend and fan of Greg and Randy's work.

Offline Toecutter

• Rookie Member
  • Part of the Problem
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
....Like Pittsburgh Steelers....you think their fan base would stay strong if they moved to L.A.?  lol....or how About the NYG or N.E. or any historic franchise that's NEVER moved...do you think those cities wouldn't care cause it's about the team not city?  ....I don't expect a foreigner like you to understand what that means....your just a visitor when you come here not a citizen of the U.S. so you don't understand the value of loyalty to your country or city ....fans that watch on TV are not "Die Hard" the ones that go to every game are!  And if you did ....you'd know it's more then just about the team....

Firstly, Steelers, Giants, and Patriots are not "nations". Whereas the Raider Nation is truly a worldwide phenomena. The rest of these so-called "nations" are pale facsimiles. Fugazis.

I did not care for the move to L.A the first time, but that's how it played out. I was stoked that they moved back to Oakland where they belong. I hope, despite the utter incompetence of Oakland's city council, that a Oakland solution can be worked out.
Sharing a stadium with the Fortywhiners? I'd rather see them move to East Butthump Anywhereland.

From what I gather the only "true fan" is one who lives in Oakland, and can drive across town to the stadium.
If that was true, which it is not, then the Raider nation would be no nation at all. It would just like the Giants, Steelers, Pats, etc.

Since I live in a Fore-i-en country, and have only managed to attend one game, therefore I cannot be a "die-hard" fan? Bollocks to you, sir. Pretty easy to trash others because they don't incur the expense of traveling great distances to attend a game, when you have only, in comparison, have only to cross the street.

Due to your Homeland Insecurity rules some of us can no longer enter the Republic, however I see that terrorists, and Mexican gardeners are under no such prohibition. ;)

But that gem of xenophobic ignorance was breathtaking. Somehow only 'Muricuns can possibly understand loyalty to one's country, or city. Having served in my countries armed forces, I should think I have some idea as to what loyalty means. Perhaps when you're old enough, you too can serve your country the same way. ;D

-Jerry Jones

Offline Tokai Raider

Re: Deep Pocketed Investors sign up for "Coliseum City" in Oakland
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2013, 03:01:00 AM »
http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_24209664/deep-pocketed-developers-sign-up-coliseum-city

this article was funny. mayor quan says she wants a bowling alley and a roller skating rink ... what? maybe she also wants a drive-in movie theater, a malt shop, a record store ... there's a reason no one is building those places anymore.

but best of all was her comment that the deep-pocketed investors will pay for her to build whatever she wants. she has that backwards. they invest so they can build what THEY want, not what you want. and that ain't gonna be a fucking bowling alley or a roller skating rink.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Deep Pocketed Investors sign up for "Coliseum City" in Oakland
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2013, 02:24:38 AM »
http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_24209664/deep-pocketed-developers-sign-up-coliseum-city

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/hhns0JL9N-I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/hhns0JL9N-I</a>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:28:37 AM by Randy »

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
I was really impressed with the noise coming from the O.Co yesterday!!! Oakland definitely deserves a stadium for it's passioante fan base. Do I think that shits gonna get done? (not that confident on account of the public money needed)

But even with the tarps on Mt Davis, it was really fucking loud..Seattle has nothing on us when it comes to cheering for our team.

I cannot wait to experience the atmosphere in October/November! 

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• The Autumn Wind
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
The fans are doing great for the raiders staying in Oakland, the petition getting signed &
By the looks the tickets sales are looking good (judging by availability on icketmaster etc)

It's the Oakland council & the raiders org pussyfooting around. Raiders need to hire someone like a Amy Trask who's sole focus is on this stadium. I don't believe Mark Davis has the business savvy to connect the dots and get shovels breaking on our new digs.

The OAKLAND council is the biggest joke. 12 months ago it was all about the coliseum city when they knew full well 2 out of 3 tenants planned on moving. They should've focused on the 56k stadium years ago and not wasted all these dollars with the pipe dream which is Coliseum Ciry
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:31:13 AM by Randy »

• Rookie Member
I interviewed Dr. Death about his chat with Rick Tripp, and the Raiders staying
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »
I interviewed Dr. Death https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=578620212194729&l=1e3a4ed50a

'The Admins' Interview with Dr. Death
By:Autumn Wind Williams

Me:
On this segment of The Admin Oakland Raiders series:
This week we are sitting down with Oakland Raiders Superfan
Dr. Death. To get to know his thoughts on not only the Oakland Raiders, but how can we keep the Raiders in Oakland.
Thank you Dr. Death for this interview! You, and I have these pages along with Save Oakland Sports, and a few others to try making the Raiders stay in Oakland not even a question. And the most important question I have to ask you is what else we can do to keep the Raiders in Oakland?

Dr.Death:
First and for most thank you very much for asking for this interview, very much appreciated. First I humbly ask every one to sign my petition to keep the Raiders in Oakland at change.org/saveoakland. Once I get 56k signatures I am going to print out all the signatures and give it to Mark Davis and Mayor Quan all the signatures. The petition is a symbolic gesture that the city of Oakland has us as fans and as a community support the Raiders in Oakland. Other things you can do GO TO GAMES. GO TO GAMES period win or lose. FILL THE SEATS. Also if you are in the bay area PLEASE if you have time and the energy get involved with Save Oakland Sports and be part of the solution, how can you help? You may be of HUGE help and you don’t even know it.

Me:
Not trying to be a preacher but that's what I been trying to explain to folks out there that got the spirit but, need to walk the talk. I like the www.blogtalkradio.com/drdeath26 radio show you do, and this past week it had some interesting topics. One of the highlights of the show was the interview with Rick Tripp. He mentioned how he wants to invest all this money to build a new stadium in Oakland. Do you care to speak on that? And do you feel it's more of a political issue than money issue right now involving the Raiders staying in Oakland? Also, one your callers mentioned "what's in it for him?"

Dr.Death:
Well first I’d like to thank you for listening to my radio show, I appreciate all my supporters. Through this process of working and doing anything I possibly can to keep the Raiders in Oakland I’ve been lucky to befriend key people such as architects like Lamphier and Gregory(Who are going to be on my show in a few weeks) and Rick Tripp. The common thing most key figures like L&G and Tripp have, is they are both genuine individuals who want to get this thing done, period. I consider my self a good judge of character and I have full confidence and take their word at face value.
Like I just mentioned through this saving Oakland process I have delved into “the behind the scenes” stuff if you will and I find more things here and there and recently I have come to a firm conclusion. This stadium ordeal has little to nothing to do with money, I strongly believe that. It is all completely political and trying to take a stronger role in Save Oakland sports and being a “Do-er” I have come across politics. Keep in mind I try my best to stay out of it I want almost nothing to do with Oakland politics, all I want is to keep my teams in Oakland, but no matter where ago, turn I take, its always political, that’s just the fact of the matter we all have to embrace.
What’s in it for Mr.Tripp? In my opinion it’s a couple of things. 1. This is a business so one thing I think is money of course 2. Credibility. If he can get this done Oakland then he can get it done any where else such as a San Diego new stadium or when it comes to building new soccer stadiums in new cities who are welcoming of other sports, this can potentially put him on the map. Do I know exact details how Tripp is going to get it done? No and honestly I don’t care to know until it is all unveiled publicly.

Me:
I have to agree on that! And he does have a genuine demeanor from what I've heard on the last show "Till Death Do Us Part!" Which is a perfect name by the way for that segment. I liked how you mentioned in the bay area that it could be potential sponsors of a new stadium. I was like, "FINALLY SOMEBODY THINKING LIKE ME!!!!" We have so many corporations/possible investors that can help pitch in money to help get this going to where season ticket holders like us don't have to pay SBL fees. What main companies do you think we should reach out to?

Dr.Death:
Like I mentioned before I have taken initiative to become more involved with Save Oakland Sports and be part of the solution. As of right now SOS is in the middle of reaching out to the fortune 500 companies such as the Chevron’s, the Google’s, the Apple computer’s, the list goes on and on and on. This part of the game plan in my opinion takes a lot of team work on all levels, such as Save Oakland Sports, The city and Mayor Quan, to the Oakland Raiders. Save Oakland Sports is holding a Business Summit meeting inviting all businesses from mom and pop to big corporations Like Clorox and the other mentioned companies to attend this summit meeting in hopes to potentially invest in the City of Oakland and the Raiders. I can say this right now, Currently as we speak my self and a handful of loyal passionate Raider fans who come from different professional back grounds and areas of expertise are devoting our time to make this Business Summit meeting work.

Me:
I can feel that! However. as an Oakland Raider fan we get left out in the dark unless we attend meetings along with Save Oakland Sports. And since I work full time I have to at least be a source online for my team based on info provided from either you, or Save Oakland Sports. What are you hearing and seeing at the meetings and the visits to City Hall?

Dr.Death:
Well I totally feel where you come from working full time, any fans who want to go can’t because they have families to support and take care of. Right now i'm lucky i'm single and working in a restaurant my schedule is flexible. But by being able to go to these meetings like I said before in my previous answer, its just straight political. Certain people, such as politician or people who have clout carry their own agenda. However there are some key figures who are genuine. In my honest opinion I think things will get done. The reason why? There are people who are working tirelessly behind the scenes, some I keep in contact with on a professional level to see how can I help. I see people who could have easily given up on this process 2 years ago but are still trying their best to find solutions.

Me:
Right...You mentioned also on your radio show how your co-host Brian created a petition to move the Raiders back to L.A. and I can understand how you were upset about that. I also understand how you couldn't just shut him out as a friend due to disagreeing about a football teams movement. But what was his reason behind the whole rival page creation? And did he apologize or give any valid reason for that?

Dr. Death:
Out side of my radio show I maintain a good relationships with my co hosts and I confide in them about many things even not football but about life in general. Brian and I did talk and he made clear points which made complete sense. He wanted to see how much support LA would actually get by starting a petition. Its easy to say “move to LA” but would it actually work, would people be accepting of the Raiders. Its an honest question that has to be asked, would people even be accepting of the Raiders in Oakland? My petition is approaching 9 thousand his and a few others haven’t even sniffed 200 I think. Brian is a very smart guy, he has reasons for everything, which is why I like having him as a co host.

Me:
That's respectable..And you said SNIFFING 200 signatures huh, lmfao!! Which brings me to the video I loved watching about you, and your dad via ustream. "Why the Raiders will not move back to L.A." He was right! Us Raiders around that time never bought any Raider gear that had L.A. on it if we were from Oakland. And I can see that being a big reason why they won't leave Oakland. There is too much finances that will be lost from sports apparel. Nobody will buy a Louisville Woodson jersey, a Streater Alabama jersey, or Mcfadden L.A. jersey. How is that man cave coming along? Did he finish it up yet?

Dr. Death:
In all honestly I don’t think our Raider man cave will ever be finished lol. We still have so much in boxes we haven’t even put up yet, we are always being given paraphernalia and buying things, it’s like its never ending.

Me:
That's fucking great in my opinion! I myself can never get tired of raider memorabelia. Now for those that don't know former Oakland Raider Skip Thomas was the original Dr. Death. Did your dad show you videos to where you decided to carry on the great name of him so it will never be forgotten?

Dr. Death:
I actually took it upon my self to watch videos of the soul patrol and Skip Thomas in action.I love those videos gives me goose bumps.

Me:
That's dope! I don't know how much I myself watch those videos. Pure Epic History! Alright, before we end this interview I want to know who is your line up for offense, and defense as if you are Dennis Allen
"At the End of the Day" Lol?!?

Dr. Death:
Oh boy this is off the top of my head LT Watson LG Bergstrom C wiz RG-Brisiel, RT-Barron(for now)
Qb-Pryor, Flynn, and Mcgloin
RB-Mcfadden, and Murray
WR-Streater, Brice B, Moore, Ford, and Criner
Te-( not too keen on them) Ausbury, and Rivera (but not solid picks)
Of course my boy REECE!!!
DLINE-Houston, Hunter, Walker, Simms
Lbers-Sio, Roach, Burnett, Maiava( i'm missing someone its 2 am just got off work not thinking right lol)
Dbs-Hayden, Jenkins, Porter, Adams (Taiwan
Safety-C-wood, Branch, and I like whats his face #36 used to play for niners name is slippin my mind right now he has been all over the field.
P-King

Me:
Dope picks to me for starters! Unfortunately, Smith and Bergstrom are gone but ya never know..they could be returning back. Anyway, thank you Dr. Death for this interview and I will see you at HOME/Oakland Coliseum in the Black Hole..
But, my final question..What is your favorite Al Davis quote out of the many?

Dr Death:
Hah oh man, if you listen to any of my speeches or interviews I do in the media tend to sometime subtly quote Coach Davis, and I think I’ve quoted some of his sayings quite a bit. But one that I tend to live by and has exemplified what I do through this whole stadium process is “ I don’t take whats given to me I take what I want.”
Just win baby!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:14:51 AM by Autumn Wind Williams »

• Rookie Member
Dr. Death interviews Rick Tripp on this segment Till Death Do Us Part
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
Dr. Death interviews Rick Tripp on this segment Till Death Do Us Part

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/drdeath26/2013/08/29/til-death-do-us-part-1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:12:52 AM by Autumn Wind Williams »

Offline Randy

• Administrator