Author Topic: Podcast Comments (for Audio and Video podcasts)  (Read 17636 times)

Raider Jake

Re: Podcast Comments (for Audio and Video podcasts)
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »
Good to hear you made it through in one piece Randy!  :P

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Randy....got my surgery dressings off today!
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
Three days post-surgery and feeling a lot better already. Arm is still in a sling for a while, but went to the doctor today and he removed the dressings and gave me some very mild exercises to do 6 times a day. Take my arm out of the sling, lean forward with good arm braced on a chair, hang the other arm and do little circles with it....to give the healing shoulder some range of motion exercise. He said do 20 circles one way then 20 the other. Three sets of 20, six times a day. Every couple of days I can do larger circles.

Your workout sounds more vigorous than anything JaMarcus is doing these days (lift arm, pick up donut, put donut in mouth, lower arm, repeat). Maybe the Raiders should guarantee you $30 million or so.
I dont believe jamarcus could even complete 2 out of the 10 times he tried that...........

Offline Tokai Raider

Re: Randy....got my surgery dressings off today!
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2011, 02:58:22 AM »
Three days post-surgery and feeling a lot better already. Arm is still in a sling for a while, but went to the doctor today and he removed the dressings and gave me some very mild exercises to do 6 times a day. Take my arm out of the sling, lean forward with good arm braced on a chair, hang the other arm and do little circles with it....to give the healing shoulder some range of motion exercise. He said do 20 circles one way then 20 the other. Three sets of 20, six times a day. Every couple of days I can do larger circles.

Your workout sounds more vigorous than anything JaMarcus is doing these days (lift arm, pick up donut, put donut in mouth, lower arm, repeat). Maybe the Raiders should guarantee you $30 million or so.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Randy....got my surgery dressings off today!
« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:57 PM »
Get well soon Randy and take it easy.
ok adam, thanks.  First post-surgery doctor's appointment is later this morning.  Learning to use my left arm a little better (right arm in sling). Pain lessening.

Feel better, and don't think that you HAVE to produce a podcast while in pain.  I can't speak on behalf of my other Raider brothers, but I couldn't enjoy a podcast knowing you put yourself through intense pain in order to produce it!   :'(    Sit back, relax and enjoy the pain killers  ;)  I will just continue to edit my Fantasy draft list until a new podcast comes out.  :)
Thanks Ray. Three days post-surgery and feeling a lot better already. Arm is still in a sling for a while, but went to the doctor today and he removed the dressings and gave me some very mild exercises to do 6 times a day. Take my arm out of the sling, lean forward with good arm braced on a chair, hang the other arm and do little circles with it....to give the healing shoulder some range of motion exercise. He said do 20 circles one way then 20 the other. Three sets of 20, six times a day. Every couple of days I can do larger circles.

At least with those dressings off I can take a shower and feel somewhat like a normal person! I'm sure getting in some serious TV watching. Actually right now I'm typing with both hands pretty much like normal. If I lean my forearms on the desk it supports my arms so there's no real strain on my shoulder. Don't think I should use the mouse much though.

That's enough typing for now, time for some more TV!

Offline RaiderRay

• Hall Of Famer
  • Proud member of the ONLY Nation, the Raider Nation
« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:19 PM »
ok adam, thanks.  First post-surgery doctor's appointment is later this morning.  Learning to use my left arm a little better (right arm in sling). Pain lessening.

Feel better, and don't think that you HAVE to produce a podcast while in pain.  I can't speak on behalf of my other Raider brothers, but I couldn't enjoy a podcast knowing you put yourself through intense pain in order to produce it!   :'(    Sit back, relax and enjoy the pain killers  ;)  I will just continue to edit my Fantasy draft list until a new podcast comes out.  :)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »

Raider Adam

« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2011, 02:16:05 AM »

Offline Englishraider

• Hall Of Famer
    • Englishraider
« Reply #293 on: June 25, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
Get well soon Randy 
"when you have great coaches then after you have great coaches you get great players and you have a great organisation and you tell them one thing Just Win Baby" Al Davis Superbowl XVIII

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: I WOKE UP FROM MY ANESTHESIA....I'M ALIVE !
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2011, 11:30:56 AM »
Take it easy....dont want to rush back and tweak your shoulder........nothing happening anyway.....I hope everything goes well with the surgery.....

Using this trackpad with my left index finger is interesting though. i won't be posting for a while, or I'll need left shoulder surgery too   ;) :o
Im glad you made......get better soon!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
I WOKE UP FROM MY ANESTHESIA....I'M ALIVE !
« Reply #291 on: June 25, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Take it easy....dont want to rush back and tweak your shoulder........nothing happening anyway.....I hope everything goes well with the surgery.....

Using this trackpad with my left index finger is interesting though. i won't be posting for a while, or I'll need left shoulder surgery too   ;) :o

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #290 on: June 24, 2011, 06:56:47 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2011, 12:37:33 AM »
Randy, Just take it easy, the podcast can definitely wait and the real juicy stuff isn't happening yet.  Hope that you heal quickly.

Go Raiders!
Thanks Kev.

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »
Randy, Just take it easy, the podcast can definitely wait and the real juicy stuff isn't happening yet.  Hope that you heal quickly.

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2011, 12:58:27 PM »
Take care, Randy. The podcast can wait for you to heal.

Thanks Robert. Hope all is going well in Japan, and that your students are being more honest with you now when they can't make it to class  ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:02:39 PM by Randy »

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2011, 04:17:44 AM »
Take care, Randy. The podcast can wait for you to heal.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2011, 01:41:03 AM »
You got Silver&Black blood Randall you'll be fine!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Randy....going in for shoulder surgery day after tomorrow...yikes!
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2011, 09:04:56 PM »
That's what I get for not finishing off that anniversary podcast I was working on. I just lost my momentum and haven't done a thing on it the last couple weeks. Now I'm going to have my arm in a sling....literally.....for a while. They're putting three incisions in my shoulder and sending in the grinder to get me from three different angles. Oh boy. I've never had general anesthesia before. I hope I wake up! The doctor gave me his "death speech" the other day....warning me about all the possible complications, "up to and including death." That's always nice to hear those words.

I don't know what I'm so nervous about. I'm sure going to work as a firefighter for 31 straight years was probably a little more dangerous....statistically....that going in for one two-hour arthroscopic surgery....but I guess it's the feeling of not being in control, unconscious, with your life in the hands of that anesthesiologist....and the only thing keeping you alive is him squeezing that little bag of air.

Well, I can't leave Greg "holding the bag"...the Raider Nation Podcast bag....by himself. And I DO need to finish that anniversary show. And a few other little details, like my new wife Lisa....so I WILL be back.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that we will remain on the "infrequent" side as far as podcasts go...for a while. Hopefully by the time they settle the lockout situation, I'll be able to use my right arm enough to spend some hours on the computer. Either that or learn to use the mouse with my left arm. That should be fun! (not to mention all the other things I'll have to learn to do with my left hand)  :o
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:09:00 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2011, 01:05:22 PM »
Doesn't look like we're going to get a podcast out tonight. Greg works Monday and Tuesday, so we might not get one out till late Wednesday at the earliest. That's what it's looking like right now. Sorry about that. Not much new going on anyway....but I'm still working on that big anniversary show too...so just be a little patient. Sorry for the delay.

Ah bro it's the lockout.. Do we really wanna listen to a podcast where Greg is "Ranting" & Boneliners are howling... It's the way the beast is...

Yeah, you're right. But if I ever get the anniversary show podcast done that should hopefully give us a little entertainment while we're waiting for the lockout to end.

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
Looks like no podcast tonight. = LOCKOUT
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2011, 06:23:43 AM »
Doesn't look like we're going to get a podcast out tonight. Greg works Monday and Tuesday, so we might not get one out till late Wednesday at the earliest. That's what it's looking like right now. Sorry about that. Not much new going on anyway....but I'm still working on that big anniversary show too...so just be a little patient. Sorry for the delay.

Ah bro it's the lockout.. Do we really wanna listen to a podcast where Greg is "Ranting" & Boneliners are howling... It's the way the beast is..

But the day Adam Schefter blackberry lights up on twitter with the news "Lockout is Over"

Then Greg betta.

"Put down his BOWL, Slap a Pad Pardnah & playback those Bonelines calls & pronto"

Not much longer guys and football will all be back to normal.. Sick of arguing with Owners/Unions cookie crumble.. just get the deal signed.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Looks like no podcast tonight...we'll update you as soon as we can...
« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Next podcast targeted for late Sunday...
« Reply #280 on: June 04, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »
Still working on the 6th anniversary show. It looks like it's going to take a few more days to put it all together, but in the mean time Greg is planning to put out a new show tomorrow (Sunday)....probably won't be out till late Sunday night. Hopefully we'll follow that up with a long anniversary show sometime next week.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
I'm going through our old podcasts putting together material for our 6 year anniversary show podcast....a 6 year history of the podcast and the Oakland Raiders. We're shooting for late this week to have it online.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
  • 2013 RNP Fantasy League Bridesmaid
« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2011, 09:17:36 PM »
Thanks Randy enjoyed part II. Crusader Raider is a natural on the mic (well done).

Juan didn't realize your daddy has blonde hair? LOL!

Yeah, and the part where Keith handed me the mic....after the big build up about how I hate being on the camera. Teasing me about it and all that. Then I grabbed the mic in a moment of bravery....then once I had it I got a little stage fright like I always do....then after I got through saying what I ended up saying, Keith commented to me after we turned the camera off, "yeah Randy...we got you on the videocast!" So I said, "oh yeah? I think I'll just cut that part out." He said, "no...you better not!" He made me promise I wouldn't cut it out.....so I didn't. I just sped it up to about 300% of normal speed! Yeahhhh!

LOL! I was like oh wow Randy is going to talk...can't wait to hear what he has to say........clever video edit...had a good chuckle.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »
Thanks Randy enjoyed part II. Crusader Raider is a natural on the mic (well done).

Yeah, and the part where Keith handed me the mic....after the big build up about how I hate being on the camera. Teasing me about it and all that. Then I grabbed the mic in a moment of bravery....then once I had it I got a little stage fright like I always do....then after I got through saying what I ended up saying, Keith commented to me after we turned the camera off, "yeah Randy...we got you on the videocast!" So I said, "oh yeah? I think I'll just cut that part out." He said, "no...you better not!" He made me promise I wouldn't cut it out.....so I didn't. I just sped it up to about 300% of normal speed! Yeahhhh!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:45:12 PM by Randy »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »
Great videos part 1 and 2    Nice to see such a fantastic day again when I met up with you and my UK Raider Nation buddies    I hope this lockout ends soon so i can plan my trip to "south oakland" and meet all the other guys who come on podcast and see the Raiders beat the chokers in their own house !!!

Can't wait to see all you guys down in San Diego Les. It was fun doing those videos and re-living the good times we had with you guys.

Offline Big Raider Dave

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
Brilliant Videos Randy. Really enjoyed seeing them & what a great time we had whilst you & Lisa were over. Can't wait to catch up with you, Lisa, Greg & Charmaine in November. Much love to you all & The whole of The Raidernation.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:15:26 PM by Randy »
"Randall, put that Ipod away"

Offline Englishraider

• Hall Of Famer
    • Englishraider
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
Great videos part 1 and 2    Nice to see such a fantastic day again when I met up with you and my UK Raider Nation buddies    I hope this lockout ends soon so i can plan my trip to "south oakland" and meet all the other guys who come on podcast and see the Raiders beat the chokers in their own house !!!
"when you have great coaches then after you have great coaches you get great players and you have a great organisation and you tell them one thing Just Win Baby" Al Davis Superbowl XVIII

Raider Adam

« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2011, 05:04:45 PM »
Hey Adam. Good to see you on the forum. It was great meeting you also. I'll be looking to get Part Two of our trip out on Episode 65 sometime next week. I'll have more footage from the Leyton Orient Supporters Club, the footage from that pub we went to afterwards, and more.

I promised that I'd register on the forum....and here I am !!  Looking forward to seeing episode 65, and how we all came across after a few pints !

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
RE: Raider Nation Videocast - Episode 64 Online - "An American Raider Fan In London"

Great stuff Randy! I really enjoyed this.  At a time when most of us are "wake me when it's over with the NFL lockout", this video cast was refreshing. I haven't had the opportunity to meet Raider Adam, Raider Richard, Raider Dave, RaiderNik and the Crusader Raider but after watching you can definitely tell they are stand up guys.  There's one thing to meet in a bar when in town, BUT to invite you and your wife into their home (I mean castle lol) and to bring you along and include you in their day to day is pretty classy.

Looking forward to future videos.

Thanks again Randy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:37:07 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2011, 03:05:26 PM »
Great videocast ... presented by the Crusader Raider.

Great to meet Randy and Lisa and thanks to Keith/Dave for arranging the Raider get together !

Hey Adam. Good to see you on the forum. It was great meeting you also. I'll be looking to get Part Two of our trip out on Episode 65 sometime next week. I'll have more footage from the Leyton Orient Supporters Club, the footage from that pub we went to afterwards, and more.

Raider Adam

« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »
Great videocast ... presented by the Crusader Raider.

Great to meet Randy and Lisa and thanks to Keith/Dave for arranging the Raider get together !

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Podcast Comments......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GREG!
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
Happy Anniversary Greg!
I didn't forget.

http://youtu.be/knp9-GY6fHE

Raider Nation Podcast Show #1
5/20/2005

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/podcasts/RNP-2005-05-20.mp3
Happy Birthday..........6 years.............................and hopefully many more to come!  Great Job Greg and Randy!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Podcast Comments......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GREG!
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2011, 01:26:22 PM »
Happy Anniversary Greg!
I didn't forget.

http://youtu.be/knp9-GY6fHE

Raider Nation Podcast Show #1
5/20/2005

http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/podcasts/RNP-2005-05-20.mp3
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:53:10 PM by Randy »

Offline RAIDERNITEMARE

• Rookie Member
  • PRIDE AND POISE!
« Reply #266 on: May 08, 2011, 02:23:56 AM »
Mr. Brown noser Hue...not sold on talk, till we win more games and make the playoffs...we heard it all before from every head coach that has coached here...lets see it happen :o....GO RAIDERS!
Heaven doesn't want me..... and Hell is afraid I might take over. " RAIDER FOR LIFE!"

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: show #307
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »
good show....................and you are right....................Jackson is high on something...................he needs to settle down........................good show...................I hope this lockout gets over quick............."Coach Davis" is horrible.....he needs to button that up...........its annoying!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:53:53 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »
Have a great trip......................!   Dont forget to take your speedo.................................. :D :D

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: No podcasts for the next month! (Randy in Europe for 30 days)
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
Leaving this afternoon for 30 days in Europe!

21 day Mediterranean cruise, plus a couple days in Barcelona, couple days in Paris, 4 nights in London with my friends Crusader Raider Keith Smith and Big Dave Chapman. I'll bring my camcorder so we can get some London footage for a video I'll put together after my return.

I may bring my laptop with me and might try to coordinate a podcast with Greg while I'm gone....but don't count on it. Internet on the cruise ship is 40 cents a minute and up, plus I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do any podcast stuff....but we'll see. Any messages to the Boneline probably won't be aired until after I get back...but you can always leave messages for Greg on the Boneline or by email. He reads them and listens to them.

Don't forget to use the forum. It may be your only way to stay in touch with Raider Nation for the next month.

I get back on April 23rd which is the weekend before the NFL draft....so I'm sure Greg and I will start working on a pre-draft and post-draft podcasts as soon as I get back. So get your calls in to the Boneline on any draft related stuff then.

Talk to you guys in a month!

P.S.

Juan and Millernation....I expect you guys to kiss and make up by the time I get back  :-\

ENJOY THE TRIP AND RELAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO RANDY.  HAVE FUN!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
No podcasts for the next month! (Randy in Europe for 30 days)
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »
Leaving this afternoon for 30 days in Europe!

21 day Mediterranean cruise, plus a couple days in Barcelona, couple days in Paris, 4 nights in London with my friends Crusader Raider Keith Smith and Big Dave Chapman. I'll bring my camcorder so we can get some London footage for a video I'll put together after my return.

I may bring my laptop with me and might try to coordinate a podcast with Greg while I'm gone....but don't count on it. Internet on the cruise ship is 40 cents a minute and up, plus I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do any podcast stuff....but we'll see. Any messages to the Boneline probably won't be aired until after I get back...but you can always leave messages for Greg on the Boneline or by email. He reads them and listens to them.

Don't forget to use the forum. It may be your only way to stay in touch with Raider Nation for the next month.

I get back on April 23rd which is the weekend before the NFL draft....so I'm sure Greg and I will start working on a pre-draft and post-draft podcasts as soon as I get back. So get your calls in to the Boneline on any draft related stuff then.

Talk to you guys in a month!

P.S.

Juan and Millernation....I expect you guys to kiss and make up by the time I get back  :-\

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »
Enjoyed #305, it was interesting to get a former players perspective on the current CBA..or lack of.

Randy have a great time in overseas. Would be cool if you have time to get a video you and gang over there.

Thanks....I don't know what I'm looking forward to more...our 3 week Mediterranean cruise....or our 4 night stay in London afterward with the Crusader Raider, Big Dave Chapman and company. Yes, I am definitely going to find room for my video camera and laptop. Maybe we'll even be able to put out a podcast or two while I'm away. Not sure if those cruise ships have internet access when they're at sea, but I'll find out. If nothing else....I'll get a bunch of video and put something together when I get back.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2011, 08:48:44 PM »
Enjoyed #305, it was interesting to get a former player's perspective on the current CBA..or lack of.

Randy have a great time overseas. Would be cool if you have time to get a video you and gang over there.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:57:13 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Yesterday Greg used our little hand-held interview recorder (which you know has gotten very little use in the podcast) to interview one of the guys we work with in the fire department. He played in the NFL, the CFL, and even the "World League of American Football" in Europe...back in the late 80's and early 90's.

Gene Taylor...Wide Receiver out of Fresno State (where he played with current Raiders Running Backs Coach Kelly Skipper by the way), was taken by the New England Patriots in the 6th round of the NFL draft of 1987. Two games later the NFL players went on strike. Gene tells his story of a young, eager football player having the dream of playing in the NFL since childhood....and how starting his rookie season by going out on strike may have hindered his career just as he was trying to establish and prove himself. The next four years he spent time with the Tampa Bay Bucs, the San Francisco 49ers, the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL (they won the Grey Cup that year), the LA Rams, the Barcelona Dragons (where Gene was one of the league's top 10 receivers), and finally back to the Patriots.

Since this interview was almost an hour long, we're going to split it up into two podcasts. Shows 304 and 305. In show 304, Gene tells the story of his football career, what it was like going to the NFL Scouting Combine in 1987 (when it was only about two years into existence), what it was like to go out on strike, what it's like trying to fight for a roster spot, having to move to another team, and more. The 2nd half of the interview, that we will include in Show 305, Gene and Greg discuss the current NFL labor lockout issue and all the factors surrounding that (an 18 game season, player health, concussions, free agency issues, a rookie pay scale, etc). Gene, who grew up right here in Oakland, even talks about how he still plays golf a few times a year with Raiders legend Mike Davis (who's interception against the Browns in snowy Cleveland in 1981 led to their Superbowl appearance and victory that year).....and he also tells a story of meeting a younger Hue Jackson....who coached for the London Monarchs when Gene played for the Barcelona Dragons. Gene even promises Greg that he'll try to pull on some of those old connections to try to get us into Raiders training camp this season.

We're hoping to get Show 304 out sometime late tomorrow (Wednesday 3/8), and Show 305 should be out a few days after that.

I really enjoyed listening to this interview, and I think you guys will too. A nice change of pace from our regular shows, not that I don't like listening to just Greg talk all the time.....but......well......like I said........it was a "nice change of pace".  ;D  I think it fit in well with the CBA negotiations going on, and it's nice to hear about it from the perspective of someone who actually played the game....and nice to be able to feature a guy we work with who is a truly a nice and genuine person. The NFL's loss was the fire department's gain.

Here's Gene's Wiki page I stumbled upon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Taylor_%28American_football%29

and here's a photo of Gene making a great catch for the Barcelona Dragons

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:53:59 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »
good show.................................cant wait to hear the next one...................!

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »
Yeah I bought it. Performance wise it's pretty quick and the interface is clean. I do agree it can be a little confusing getting knowing the section ur in. I do like the feature of seeing all the unread posts at a quick glance. My pet peeve so far is the post times are off. It says u were creating "test" folders around 2pm but it was much later than that.
Also I see no option to quote when responding. But u can't have it all. I'll continue to play with it.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »
Ok....I've spent worse than 2.99 in my lifetime so no worries. Take care of the RNP.

If you bought that app, what do you think? I bought it....and am messing around with it....and I think it's very confusing.
I tried deleting some topics on the forum to make the app less confusing, but I'm still finding it pretty useless. What do you think?

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2011, 09:38:16 PM »
Ok....I've spent worse than 2.99 in my lifetime so no worries. Take care of the RNP.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
Awesome! I'm constantly on the go and 90% of the time download the podcast via my iphone wirelessly...and as you've pointed out must be on wifi.
I know I've asked you this offline...any iphone app you are using or know of to access and browse this forum vs safari browser?

OK NCRaider. You asked for it. You finally got it.
I did some searching this afternoon, and after a couple hours of work I got this new feature installed on our forum.

If anyone is interested, they can now buy this app for $2.99 for the iPhone, Android, Blackberry or Nokia in order to access the RNP forum (and lots of other forums) from your smartphone. It's called Tapatalk.

If you have an iPhone (like me), just search in the App Store for Tapatalk in the social networking section. Here is their website:
http://www.tapatalk.com/. It's rated in the top 25 for social networking software. Let us know what you think!

Awesome! Thank you Randy. I would bump up your Karma but I think you're maxed out...lol U Rock!

I'm getting some weird error messages on the forum now. Wondering if it's because I installed this modification for that app. I'm deleting some old posts to see if I can get things working smoothly again. Hopefully I can fix this. May have to uninstall this app mod. if I keep getting these problems, so you might want to hold off on buying that forum app till I troubleshoot this.

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2011, 09:19:52 PM »
Awesome! I'm constantly on the go and 90% of the time download the podcast via my iphone wirelessly...and as you've pointed out must be on wifi.
I know I've asked you this offline...any iphone app you are using or know of to access and browse this forum vs safari browser?

I did some searching this afternoon, and after a couple hours of work I got this new feature installed on our forum.

If anyone is interested, they can now buy this app for $2.99 for the iPhone, Android, Blackberry or Nokia in order to access the RNP forum (and lots of other forums) from your smartphone. It's called Tapatalk.

If you have an iPhone (like me), just search in the App Store for Tapatalk in the social networking section. Here is their website:
http://www.tapatalk.com/. It's rated in the top 25 for social networking software. Let us know what you think!

Awesome! Thank you Randy. I would bump up your Karma but I think you're maxed out...lol U Rock!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2011, 08:39:10 PM »

Offline NCRaider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »