Author Topic: Podcast Comments (for Audio and Video podcasts)  (Read 20578 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Error on latest podcast....left out Aztec Raider's call...fixing it now
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »
I was up late finishing the show last night, and didn't listen to it afterwards. Greg just caught a mistake I made, and I'm fixing it now.

If you downloaded the show this morning, you might want to re-download it, because it was missing Aztec Raider's Boneline call. The intro to his call was there, as well as Greg's response to his call, but his actual call was missing. I'm splicing it in now.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Podcast Comments (for Audio and Video podcasts)
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2010, 01:17:03 AM »
that san diego monday night game gave me chills, gave me anger. fucking bowllllshittt!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:20:29 AM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
year end bang!!!!!
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2010, 10:55:32 PM »
I must echo the sentiments of Raider Mike in saying this was very enjoyable to me as well.  listened to the show a couple of hours ago and it brought back joy and rage.  If only the first part of the year could have been similar to the last part we would all have been pretty excited.  If they will only go and get the pieces we need in order to not have games like that last year by either free agent or the draft I will be like a virgin with a ten foot pecker in a whore house. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Next Audio Podcast, Show #264, will be out sometime late Friday
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »
Due to our work schedule, we won't be able to get out the next show until late Friday Jan. 29. In the mean time I'm working on a videocast. Hope to get it up later today (Wednesday Jan. 27)

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
very enjoyable show,  I hope I can make it out to oakland in 2010 but will probably be more like 2011.

Offline Crusader Raider

• Hall Of Famer
  • The 'Crusader Raider' to the Bay from the UK
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
Randy and Greg the latest videocast is truly another masterpiece, thanks for all your efforts in putting it together. Guess Raiderwilde hasn't seen it yet as it's all gone quiet down under !! Keep Cable ditch Jabusto !
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:10:06 PM by Randy »
On a Crusade for the Nation around the world

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »
Great podcast and good takes.  We all need to just start join a Raider Combine and take over the Raider facility.  I think we can make better decisions than AL can.  At least Gruden would come back.

Offline Raider Bob from Knoxville

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »
Man, Raider Chilly's take on how it feels to be a lifelong raider fan was spot on. He put into words what is hard express verbally as to why we love the Raiders.
 Loved it!   a quote from that rant " I'm sure if you have a 3-year old, you're teaching him The Autumn Wind"  " I look at that shield and I feel something"
 Beautiful words from Raider Nation Raider Chilly!

Raider Bob from Knoxville

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
Technology is going to advance so Al Davis' head will be preserved and his head will be carried in a cylinder with liquid and will be able to direct orders! Or he will be in a wheelchair and will be able after 20 years to talk out of a box based on his thoughts and sound like a robot! Or as Tokai Raider said he will make his death wish to be put in a coffin right before the entrance of the tunnel, that way the players can touch the coffin ala Stalin! EUGH
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:17:03 PM by Randy »

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
WE ALL NEED TO STAY UP FOR EACH OTHER......OUR TEAM WILL DO ITS THING BUT IN THE END WHEN THINGS GET BETTER WE.....YES ALL OF US WHO HAVE LIVED THE PAIN OF THIS LOSING STREEK WILL KNOW THAT WE WERE HERE......IN THE BAD TIMES.....THAT MAKES THE GOOD TIMES SO MUCH SWEETER......HANG IN THERE NATION....AL CANNOT LIVE FOREVER.....OR.....? :-\

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2010, 11:25:43 AM »
First of all I hope I didn't come off on my call on this week's Boneline as so negative, just frustrated like the rest of you. When I look at my closet and see all the $$ I spent on merchandise it just brings me down. Not because I don't love the Raiders, but because if they were as dedicated to winning as I was spending money and cheering then it would be great. The podcast was absolutely fantastic. The Zeppelin song at the end was wonderful. The Raiders sell hope right now, Greg when I get down you give me hope by the way you try to spin into a positive.   Thanx.    
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:13:30 PM by Randy »

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »
Greg and Randy,
 I just had a listen to a podcast from another group of Raider fans, and I must say that the novelty of the boneline and the takes on everything from the listeners and Greg's undeniable broadcast charisma, and Randy's editing music, soundbites, delay echo for celestial emphasis..lol.. RNP forum guru and all of the man behind the scenes/curtain stuff, makes the RNP the most imaginative and most bomb-ass podcast ever. Especially considering how very little spare time that you both have.

The "rival" show(yeah right) featured two fairly young fellows and they bantered back and forth, similar to those lame Donkey's guys we heard snippets of last week.
 These guys are Raider Nation but they just follow the same old podcast formula of two geeks sitting together venting to one another. They field e mails and read them and have a chatroom/weekly live show. That's all well and good but judging from the content and lack of entertainment value of the show I listened to, I wouldn't bother listening to their live show. They didn't have much to say.

Again, kudos to you guys for making an original podcast formula...just for us!

We love you guys!

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »
Thanks Randy!  Also to you both, much thanks for doing the RNP as well as 60+ hrs at work. (or 80 or 90 Randy!)
 You have no idea how grateful I am for you guys and I know I don't speak for anyone but me, but I hope you never misinterpret my eager anticipation for the podcast, as impatience.
 The world is a better place because of you guys, with or without the RNP.
  I,  for one am very proud and honored to know you both.
 I'm planning to send you guys some $$$ in the off-season, unfortunately I'm not too well geared for online spending, so I may need a PO box or an address to send you a money order, if that's possible...lol...funny I know....no cellphone either...lol

Sincerely
           Dark ages Bob

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »
cant wait to hear gregs rant, 
                        his takes after  a raider loss are priceless.  Although I wish we would never lose.

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2009, 07:49:14 AM »
Great show guys.

Randy - bet you were laughing your ass off editing those "orange crush nation" (wtf?) comments in around the commentary.

"Yo Marshall, how yo ancestors doin'?"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Podcast Comments Russell did not play well, watch the game again.
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
Just finished  latest podcast.   Very good show and I cannot believe how many people thought that russell played well.  I am undoubtedly sure that most people called right after the game and they were high off the win. I agree with Raider Greg,  go back and watch the game again.  I am very sure that people would change their view of his performance.  I am not picking on anyone in any shape or form.  We all want wins but  this clown is not the answer.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »
huff hit marshall so hard he saw his ancestors

-Raider Greg

hahahahaha

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »
what a great podcast hahahahah!

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2009, 07:28:23 PM »
we need more randalls and gregs in this world but unfortunately we have only been blessed with one of each!!

Arkansan_Raider

Re: Latest Podcast should be online later tonight...
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
I'm working overtime at  our busiest fire station, and I'm just getting started on putting together the show that Greg just finished recording....but I'm trying to get it up today sometime. No guarantees, since emergency response comes first of course....but I'll be working on it in between calls. It usually takes me between 5 and 8 hours of editing time to put together a show. If I don't finish tonight, I'll have to finish tomorrow (but I work OT tomorrow too!). Helping out the guys here at work so they can be with their families over the holidays. They allow a max. of 5 people to be off on vacation on a given day, so if people like me don't volunteer for the OT, someone gets ordered to work that doesn't want to, which is a big bummer to them and their families on holidays...needless to say.
We all appreciate what you guys do, Randy and Greg! Not just the podcast, but fighting fires--it's a high calling.

Thank you!

---Jeff

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2009, 06:47:18 AM »
Just wanted to echo pretty much the same sentiments as everyone else.  This podcast means so much to me.  I was rather upset for a few days because I did not know where I would get my fix.  I sometimes listen to the Raidercast as well for information.  Those guys seem dedicated and are part of the Nation but they dont even scratch the surface of quality like the two of you.  I think your show is fantastic and I really enjoy watching the number of members grow every day on the bottom of the forum page. I think it is up to around 270 or 275.  FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep up the good work.  I will try to give more donations. I have given 5 bucks in the past and I will try to give a considerable amount more in the future.
                            KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

raidersully

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »
Glad to hear you are back. The Nation needs you guys more now than ever.

Great points about JaBusto being called into action Raider Greg. You could tell he was not ready and like you said, had not prepared in the slightest. I think he really thought there was no way he was going to see the field so why bother. Proving once again he is no leader and is waste of sperm. When JaBusto was pulled from games not only did Gradkowski look like he was ready and prepared. But he also looked fired up and ready to do what ever it took to try and clean up the mess left by JaBusto. When JaBusto was called into action he looked like deer in the head lights, having no fucking clue what to do out there. No doubt they pressured him. But it was no different then what Gradkowski was getting all game. The difference was Gradkowski's mobility and willingness to win at all costs. The true sign of a leader. As you said. Frye may not be much. But he is better than what we have. You and Randy keep up the great work.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
This is a wake up call for all of us.....and I speak for everyone when I say I think we all take the podcast for granted! Like the saying you never know what you have until its gone! Well we didn't lose the podcast but this is the closest ever and well now we all have seen how much we appreciate and love greg and randy! There not only strong members of society but the are strong members of the raider nation and there love and dedication to this team we all feed off of it makes all of us really appreciate the raiders and the fans because of what these two guys do, great people great great great people! I'm honored and glad to be a part of this and wouldn't want it any other way! I look up to greg he's a figure that I look up to and can admire because of our passion of the raidezzz and randall is all the brains and technical stuff haha I think greg and randy should switch for 1 week! Greg does randys work and randy does gregs work now that'd be funnny!!! Well guys just thought this had to be said! Thanks for your guys's hard work I appreciate down to  the silver and black blood to the bone!!!!

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »
 I was relieved like a MoFo when I heard that you were not stopping the podcast show! Hooray for us all!   ;D

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 06:30:39 PM by Randy »

8124 Raiderfan

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
Just want to say Thank you Raider Greg and Randy.  Living in Ashburn, VA next to the Redskins headquarters, getting my fix of Raider news and talk can be difficult at best.  I've been a listener for over a year now and I can't wait to download the podcast each week. 

P.S. - C-Money was right on.  The "Polish-Prick" should have started ealier and I agree with Raider Greg that he is "Gannon-esk." 

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
DO IT RANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2009, 07:26:38 PM »
I had to fast forward to where they were talking about the raiders and this sounds like the skit from saturday night live where norm from cheers and chris farley are sitting around the table at a really shitty rundown pizza place.  I picture all of these guys wearing really dark glasses and fake moustaches.  

THIS PODCAST IS REALLY GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.  VERY INCOHERENT AND EXTREMELY CRAPPY.  I wish i could contact them and ask them what they think now.

You can contact them here:
http://steelerfury.com/content/contact-us

Better yet, here is a link to their forum:
http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/index.php

P.S.  Did you hear the part where one guy said the Raiders offense was so bad that there was no way they could score any points. Then he said, "now that I said that, the Raiders will probably score 27 points"......then the other guy said, "if that happens and the Raiders win, I will start the next show with the audio of your prediction..."

I couldn't believe it. The game turned out exactly as they were joking about. I'm tempted to re-edit the show and use their material in it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:33:38 PM by Randy »

Offline HELLRAIDER

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »
I had to fast forward to where they were talking about the raiders and this sounds like the skit from saturday night live where norm from cheers and chris farley are sitting around the table at a really shitty rundown pizza place.  I picture all of these guys wearing really dark glasses and fake moustaches.   

THIS PODCAST IS REALLY GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.  VERY INCOHERENT AND EXTREMELY CRAPPY.  I wish i could contact them and ask them what they think now.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
There IS A Steelers podcast after all...here is their Raiders pregame show
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »
Damn! I wish I had found this before I edited our Steelers postgame show. Oh well.

If you're curious to see what they had to say before the game, here is SteelerFury Podcast's Raiders pregame show:

http://steelerfury.com//podcasts/SteelerFuryPodcast-12.4.2009.mp3

Here is a list of all their recent podcasts:
http://steelerfury.com/pods

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raider Greg's popularity sinking in Nepal.....but he's "blowing up" in China!
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009, 02:53:39 PM »
By the way, Raider Nation Podcast was ranked #66 in the Top 100 in iTunes in the professional sports category. There was only one other pro football podcast ranked in the top 100, the "New England Patriots Podcast", which was ranked #78. The news must be getting out about our podcast, and we're kicking butt on all those other teams podcasts! You guys are awesome! Tell more of your Raider fan friends about RNP!

Congratulations Greg and Randy!
You guys should be proud of yourselves for that remarkable accomplishment!

Thanks. But I do have some bad news for Greg. His popularity has completely disappeared in Nepal. We noticed that we were getting some hits there during the preseason, but Nepal has apparently completely lost interest in Raider Greg since then.

However, he's "blowing up" in China! They're beating out the UK. Over 500 downloads in November, up from about 250 in October.

November Raider Nation Podcast Downloads:

United States:  6295
China:  548
United Kingdom:  335
Canada:  298
Russian Federation:  51
Australia:  50 (Mostly from RaiderWilde probably)
Mexico:  46
Germany:  31
Japan:  41
Ireland:  19
Korea:  19
Philippines:  15
Thailand:  12
Panama:  10
Hong Kong:  10
Sweden:  9
Norway:  9
Denmark:  3
Netherlands:  3
Hungary:  1 (they don't seem too Hungry for Raider Greg)
Other Countries:  121

Total for November:  8012 downloads
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:09:55 PM by Randy »

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
Re: The Steelers are WEAK! (in the podcasting world)
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »
I'm just starting to work on the Steelers postgame show that Greg did this afternoon. Of course I searched the iTunes store for a Steelers podcast, so I could use material from their Raiders pregame show...and counter their comments with play by play from Greg Papa.....like I did with the Broncos and Eagles podcasters before.

But...

I couldn't find ONE Steelers podcast that is still in production! There were 4 or 5 of them in iTunes and when I did a Google search, but most of them haven't put out an episode in over a year. Some of them did their last episode in 2007. The most recent episode I found on any of them was recorded this September. So, it will make my editing easier not to have to do another one of those shows.....but it would have been entertaining though!

By the way, Raider Nation Podcast was ranked #66 in the Top 100 in iTunes in the professional sports category. There was only one other pro football podcast ranked in the top 100, the "New England Patriots Podcast", which was ranked #78. The news must be getting out about our podcast, and we're kicking butt on all those other teams podcasts! You guys are awesome! Tell more of your Raider fan friends about RNP!

P.S. Not sure if I'll finish the show tonight....might be tomorrow morning, but I'll try to get it out tonight if I can.

Congratulations Greg and Randy!
You guys should be proud of yourselves for that remarkable accomplishment!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
The Steelers are WEAK! (in the podcasting world)
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2009, 09:18:04 PM »
I'm just starting to work on the Steelers postgame show that Greg did this afternoon. Of course I searched the iTunes store for a Steelers podcast, so I could use material from their Raiders pregame show...and counter their comments with play by play from Greg Papa.....like I did with the Broncos and Eagles podcasters before.

But...

I couldn't find ONE Steelers podcast that is still in production! There were 4 or 5 of them in iTunes and when I did a Google search, but most of them haven't put out an episode in over a year. Some of them did their last episode in 2007. The most recent episode I found on any of them was recorded this September. So, it will make my editing easier not to have to do another one of those shows.....but it would have been entertaining though!

P.S. Not sure if I'll finish the show tonight....might be tomorrow morning, but I'll try to get it out tonight if I can.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:25:43 PM by Randy »

• Rookie Member
  • Raider since 1975
Re: Podcast #257 (Cowboys Postgame/Steelers Pregame) will be up by Sat. AM
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
Greg recorded the show today, I'm just getting started on editing....but I have to go out to a dinner in a couple of hours, so probably won't finish tonight. I'm out of town and have other stuff going on. Look for it in the morning.

Sorry it's so close to game day. We are trying to get them out sooner, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Randy

Thanks Randy for the info. I've been checking every 20 minutes for the last three days..hahaha. Thanks so much for doing all of that work to get the show out!
 I love you guys for being Raider Nation, but I really appreciate your hard work and dedication to the RNP. I'm new here so I'm still in the "I can't believe I found my people" mode.
The  'Kid'kowski  will lead us to victory this week and maybe, just maybe JaBuster never starts a football game for any team ever again!
 Bruce! Bruce! Bruce!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Podcast #257 (Cowboys Postgame/Steelers Pregame) will be up by Sat. AM
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »
Greg recorded the show today, I'm just getting started on editing....but I have to go out to a dinner in a couple of hours, so probably won't finish tonight. I'm out of town and have other stuff going on. Look for it in the morning.

Sorry it's so close to game day. We are trying to get them out sooner, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Randy

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2009, 02:20:06 AM »
The polish prick??? (Gradkowski)........ funny, but come on now, he's not a prick!!!!

Juan, C-Money uses names like "Polish Prick" and "Cocksucker" as terms of endearment. (for people he likes)
A little unusual, but like you said....funny as hell.

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2009, 01:58:08 AM »
The polish prick??? (Gradkowski)........ funny, but come on now, he's not a prick!!!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:17:54 AM by Randy »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
hahahah you beat me to it!! thats pretty fucking hilarious!!! man this podcast was pretty funny!!!!!!!! you cant teach stupid I LOVE IT!

raidersully

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »
I know you can't teach speed, but you can't teach stupid either. - RAIDER GREG

Best quote of any podcast ever!  :D

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Problems downloading lastest podcast...show 255?
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2009, 11:52:35 AM »
Let me know if you're having any problems downloading show 255, or any other show.

I was having a problem last night and this morning. Didn't go to bet till 4am trying to fix it....then got up at 7:30 and continued!

I think I got it fixed. There was a problem with the audio file. It is supposed to be 1 hour, 35 minutes, 21 seconds (I think that's a record!)....but it was not playing the last 7 or 8 minutes. I also had a problem with my iTunes program. Had to delete all my old podcast files out of my iTunes music folder, unsubscribe, then resubscribe....then everything seemed to download normally after that. So if you're having a similar problem, try that solution.

Let me know if you're having any more problems. Sorry the show got out late this week. I was out of town and had to do the editing on the road.

Randy

P.S.  Damn! Maybe it's not fixed! My download was working great, then it stopped near the end. Back to the drawing board!

P.S.S.  I think it's working now. Maybe it was just my computer the whole time. Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:42:32 PM by Randy »

Uptownraider

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »
didn't get to hear the ending of show #255 it cuts off with Raider Greg talking about what we need for next year. I wanted to hear my call I thought it was pretty funny.

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »
The "What the Fuck" segment was hilarious! :D

That should be the new Raider slogan...

Just Win Baby!...Commitment to Excellence

The Oakland Raiders - WHAT THE FUCK! ( I can picture the tee shirts being made now )

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Sorry we're having a little trouble getting more videocast episodes up....
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 07:09:14 PM »
Sorry that we're getting behind on posting some videocast episodes. I'm having some trouble with the website we post them to. Our www.raidernationvideocast.com site. I may have to design a new site. Not sure yet.

Once I get some time to iron out the problems, I will start posting the episodes that we haven't posted yet. I put the KC one on YouTube, but haven't put it on the videocast site yet. Plus some others....including some from last season! I will get them up eventually, I promise!

ghost2post

Tailgaters #44 !
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »
Great job on the latest Video Podcast from KC. Loved the Pete Banaszak interview and the entire piece was great to watch. RAIDER Nation at it's best !
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 06:23:50 PM by ghost2post »

c_luv

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2009, 11:27:50 PM »
I just got done watching the giants game, and of course I put on the podcast and blasted it...

such a stress reliever when you hear the anguish in your voice man.. then the Boneline helps me sleep with a few chuckles.

God bless the podcast...I wanna help get this show on iTunes on the day or so after the game, so we can get our counseling early. PM me, let me know what I can do.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 12:55:03 AM by Randy »

raidersully

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »
Good call Raider Greg. Having those WR out there for JaMoneyBusto is nothing more then a built in excuse. If it hadn't been 6 years perhaps I would buy it. They are built in excuses for our teams failures.

Thank you and Randy for the podcasts. At this point, they are the only thing RAIDERS that I look forward to.

raidersully

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »

While I agree with you that Al Davis must share in the responsibility of all the losing that has be going on lately...but it doesn't matter what scheme/system your team has when your QB is overthrowing screen passes and is determined to consistantly throw into double coverage.  Having a GM, a great head coach, and a new innovative system won't change the fact that JaBusto is NOT a leader.  JaBusto lumbers out on the field and just doesn't give a fuck.  He's a big DUMMY with a strong arm.

Raider Nation will never get off JuBusto's case until he starts delivering WINS.  At the very least, he could behave like how the #1 OVERALL pick should...how about showing up to camp in shape, how about showing a little passion, how about playing like a star instead of dressing like one, and how about throwing the ball accurately....that's not TOO MUCH to ask of the $60,000,000 "face of the franchise" is it?

A -FUCKING-men! JaMoney has done this to himself. As has been said by you. He has underperformed and showed up over weight. He deserves all the bashing he gets. The RAIDER NATION spend their hard earned dollars to watch and cheer this team on. It gives them the right to say whatever they like about these players. After all, WE are the RAIDERS!. The players come and go. The only thing that remains is the fans in this day and age. Why should I feel bad for him because of Al and other bad things in the organization? Do you think JaMoney feels bad when he held out? Or when he underperforms and blames his WR? Or when he is cashing Al Davis' checks and spending them on nachos and crystal? I can assure you he does not. His big gold chains prove that. Good job RFUD! You have spoke the truth.

Raiderfanuntildeath

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
Raider Greg & Randy - love the podcast. It along with NFL Today on ESPN keep me going. But I do have to provide one comment relative to the recent JaMarcus bashing.

You are right, the fans are right... but is that the root cause of the problem? If we switch QBs next week, will we suddenly be good?

Al Davis is the source of everything. He was responsible for the winning years and is responsible for the current losing years. After the last superbowl he was quoted as saying "the NFL has caught up with the West Coast Offense".

He then brought back the offensive and defensive playbooks from the 80s and begin a quest to bring it back. He has hired coach after coach to implement the system. He has turned the roster over looking for players to execute. All to the same result. The bottom line is it just doesn't work anymore.

He can bench JaMarcus and bring in the next QB to execute it. We may improve slightly because he is so bad. But it won't make us good. It won't make us competitive.

This team will keep firing/hiring coaches and keep drafting speed players in the draft to execute the system... but they won't be competitive.

The root cause of the problem and the solution is changing the systems (both sides of the ball). Until then, we are doomed. JaMarcus or not. Cable, Turner, Shell, etc. Just doesn't matter.

In the mean time, at least JaMarcus is getting some reps. He is likely a bust, but hey we ain't winning this year anyway. Maybe it could help him compete or be better for next year to leave him out there for 12 more games.

So, my point... get off his case. Yeah he deserves it. But it isn't the root cause of the problem and benching him won't make us competitive.

We need a GM, Head Coach and new systems.
While I agree with you that Al Davis must share in the responsibility of all the losing that has be going on lately...but it doesn't matter what scheme/system your team has when your QB is overthrowing screen passes and is determined to consistantly throw into double coverage.  Having a GM, a great head coach, and a new innovative system won't change the fact that JaBusto is NOT a leader.  JaBusto lumbers out on the field and just doesnt give a fuck.  He's a big DUMMY with a strong arm.

Raider Nation will never get off JuBusto's case until he starts delivering WINS.  At the very least, he could behave like how the #1 OVERALL pick should...how about showing up to camp in shape, how about showing a little passion, how about playing like a star instead of dressing like one, and how about throwing the ball accurately....that's not TOO MUCH to ask of the $60,000,000 "face of the franchise" is it?

Black Widow

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »
SMH at me being drunk at KC tailgate...

Greg is it too late to edit that out? ROFL

Great video guys... really impressed.

sasajs11

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »
Raider Greg & Randy - love the podcast. It along with NFL Today on ESPN keep me going. But I do have to provide one comment relative to the recent JaMarcus bashing.

You are right, the fans are right... but is that the root cause of the problem? If we switch QBs next week, will we suddenly be good?

Al Davis is the source of everything. He was responsible for the winning years and is responsible for the current losing years. After the last superbowl he was quoted as saying "the NFL has caught up with the West Coast Offense".

He then brought back the offensive and defensive playbooks from the 80s and begin a quest to bring it back. He has hired coach after coach to implement the system. He has turned the roster over looking for players to execute. All to the same result. The bottom line is it just doesn't work anymore.

He can bench JaMarcus and bring in the next QB to execute it. We may improve slightly because he is so bad. But it won't make us good. It won't make us competitive.

This team will keep firing/hiring coaches and keep drafting speed players in the draft to execute the system... but they won't be competitive.

The root cause of the problem and the solution is changing the systems (both sides of the ball). Until then, we are doomed. JaMarcus or not. Cable, Turner, Shell, etc. Just doesn't matter.

In the mean time, at least JaMarcus is getting some reps. He is likely a bust, but hey we ain't winning this year anyway. Maybe it could help him compete or be better for next year to leave him out there for 12 more games.

So, my point... get off his case. Yeah he deserves it. But it isn't the root cause of the problem and benching him won't make us competitive.

We need a GM, Head Coach and new systems.

Offline Raider Col

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »
Great podcast. Great work and great effort by Randy and Greg.

We cant thank you guys enough for the banner work you do for the podcast.

I loved the Group Therapy Section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!