Author Topic: Poll: Vote on which "theme" you like the best on this new forum  (Read 973 times)

Heidelberg_Raider

Re: Poll: Vote on which "theme" you like the best on this new forum
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 01:53:13 PM »
Right now i'm using a blue one because i didnt know you can change the color, but i say use a silver and black one! ^.^  -edit- yeah the black box one is good!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Which "theme" do you like the best on this new forum
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »
I'm using "Black Box", although the text coloring on the calender needs adjusting. Hey, is there a way to change the text in the upper left hand corner?  Right now, it says Black Box.

Go Raiders!

Yeah, that name in the upper left corner of the screen, the name of the theme, is not removable in the normal settings. That's one reason I delayed going live with the new forum. I finally decided to just go live anyway, and we'll figure it out and tweak it as we go.

For any modifications like that I have to submit questions to the Simple Machines software people and they have to get back to us with how to do the modification to the raw code.

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
I'm using "Black Box", although the text coloring on the calender needs adjusting. Hey, is there a way to change the text in the upper left hand corner?  Right now, it says Black Box.

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »
RANDY THESE THEMES ARE SICKKKKKKKKKKKk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was using black box and thats off the hook then im using gray fuzz now thats tight to!!!!!!!!!!!! great work randall!
I think "Black and White" is pretty cool too. Grey_Silver has kind of a neat "chrome" look to it, but also has a blue look to the text, which I'm not really crazy about.

Too bad you can't just change the colors only, and keep the controls and everything else the same.

One of these days, when I have time, maybe I'll try to learn how to create my own theme. Hey, that's an idea. Maybe throw out a challenge to anyone who can create one for us.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:21:43 PM by Randy »

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »
RANDY THESE THEMES ARE SICKKKKKKKKKKKk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was using black box and thats off the hook then im using gray fuzz now thats tight to!!!!!!!!!!!! great work randall!

LB_RA1D3R

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »
I Use Black Box! Looks great!

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Poll: Vote on which "theme" you like the best on this new forum
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:10:39 AM »
Vote on the poll, then add a post and tell us which theme you like best....whether or not you will be using that theme in the future.

If one theme gets way more votes than the others, maybe we'll change the forum default to that theme.

If you know of any other themes that work with this forum that you like better than all of these.....let us know and we'll add them maybe.

To change the theme, click on "Profile" at the top of the page, then "Look and Layout Preferences" in the left column, then at the top where it says, "Current Theme: Forum or Board Default".......just to the right of that, click on the work "Change".....and you will be taken to a page that has 8 themes listed. The first 2 are the current theme. Try the last 6, starting with "Devoid". You can click on "preview" on the right....and it won't permanently change over....it will just show you the look of that theme. If you click on "Use this theme", it will change to it. You can change to other themes, or back to the default them, by just going back to "profile", then "Look and Layout Preferences" and clicking on "Change" again. Then select a different theme.

By the way, here is the website where I download the themes from. If anyone sees one in here that they think would look good on our forum let me know and I'll try it out.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:20:44 AM by Randy »