Author Topic: AFC West  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Matt Cassel and Knowshon Moreno both out with season ending injuries...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »
Matt Cassel left the stadium with his throwing hand in a cast and will need surgury.
Knowshon Moreno tore his ACL. Both season ending.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19336867

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19336658

Offline Raider Rodney

• Hall Of Famer
  • Just Win Baby!
Re: AFC West Opponents
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »
Nice comeback from Norvell lol!  Neither of these teams are playing great football...should be a good game!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
AFC West
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »
Did you guys hear about the shots being fired back and forth between Rex Ryan and Norv Turner as the Jets and Chargers prepare to play each other this Sunday?

Jim Rome was talking about it this morning, first thing on his show. Apparently Rex had been asked what kind of success he thought he would have had if he had been hired as Chargers head coach after he interviewed for the job at the same time Norv did in 2007. Ryan responded by saying,"Well, I think I would have had a couple of rings," Ryan said with a laugh during a conference call with San Diego media. "I'm tellin' ya. Those teams were loaded." Then after he thought about what he had said, he called Norv to apologize. Norv hadn't heard Rex's quote, and didn't understand what Rex was apologizing about. After he hung up the phone, he found out what it was all about, and had a comment of his own. He said, "...I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he's guaranteed the past couple of years."

Jim Rome said, "NORVEL! ....I didn't know you had it in you!" Pretty funny stuff.

Here are links to two articles about it:

Rex Ryan: If I coached Chargers, I'd have rings
Norv Turner fires back at Rex Ryan
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:16:05 AM by Randy »