Author Topic: NFL FREE AGENCY  (Read 21257 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Which free agent will Raiders replace Wimbley with?
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders Diving into the Bargain Bin
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:38:26 AM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Alex Smith may be looking for a new agent
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
Alex Smith may be looking for a new agent
The same agency represents Peyton Manning

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/report-alex-smith-may-part-ways-with-caa/

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/17/source-alex-smith-considering-changing-agents/

C'mon man...Peyton Manning is going with SF.  Now thay have Manningham, Randy Moss and that lights out D?  Forget about it.  The season opener this year is the two Mannings battling it out in a rematch of the NFC Championship game....
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:54:14 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL FREE AGENCY 2012
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 03:15:16 AM »
I was reading Bartell's wiki and it says he broke his neck in the opening game last year and missed the whole 2011 season. That's kind of concerning. Hope his neck is fine and he's ready to go.

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: NFL FREE AGENCY 2012
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 11:04:28 PM »
In the NBA with the trade dealine just passed I've seen a few draft picks get exchanged for cash considerations...

Hmm... I wonder if we can buy our way into the NFL Draft??? Don't think I've ever seen a NFL trade where Cash considerations was mentioned as one of the bargaining chips.

I think the Raiders got three 1st round picks PLUS $6 Million for Jon Gruden if I recall right.

Update: Just looked it up. It was two 1sts and two 2nds, plus $8 Million.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2003/01/21/superbowl_tues/
THAT IS TRUE BUT!!!!! THE LEAGUE MADE A RULE THAT PROHIBITS CASH FROM CHANGING HANDS FOR COAHES AND PICKS........YES RANDY.........IM SURE

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
Looks like we've signed Brisiel and Bartell
FREEKING GREAT SIGNINGS!!!!!!!!!! GOOD BARGANS WITH GREAT UPSIDES.... BARTELL IS A BEAST!! BIG...FAST AND ONLY 30..... THERE IS THE VET FOR THE SECONDARY THAT COACH ALLEN COACHED BEFORE.... GOOD MOVE RAIDERS

I agree.  Larry Fitzgerald is quoted as saying that Bartell is the best corner he has played against.  Brieisel is big strong kid already used to ZBS.  I like the moves, keep 'em coming!
- George Orwell

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 08:44:14 PM »
FREEKING GREAT SIGNINGS!!!!!!!!!! GOOD BARGANS WITH GREAT UPSIDES.... BARTELL IS A BEAST!! BIG...FAST AND ONLY 30..... THERE IS THE VET FOR THE SECONDARY THAT COACH ALLEN COACHED BEFORE.... GOOD MOVE RAIDERS

Offline RaiderNik

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
COYS

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
In the NBA with the trade dealine just passed I've seen a few draft picks get exchanged for cash considerations...

Hmm... I wonder if we can buy our way into the NFL Draft??? Don't think I've ever seen a NFL trade where Cash considerations was mentioned as one of the bargaining chips.

I think the Raiders got three 1st round picks PLUS $6 Million for Jon Gruden if I recall right.

Update: Just looked it up. It was two 1sts and two 2nds, plus $8 Million.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2003/01/21/superbowl_tues/

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »

Hmm... I wonder if we can buy out way into the NFL Draft??? Don't think I've ever seen a NFL trade where Cash considerations was mentioned as one of the bargaining chips.
Its against league rules.....NO cash for players......OR coaches....

Offline RaiderWildeStyle

• Fantasy Football Commissioner
  • The Autumn Wind
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:10:14 PM by Randy »

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
Re: Peyton Hillis to Oakland Raiders? - 2012 NFL Free Agency Rumors
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »
2012 NFL Free Agency Rumors – Peyton Hillis to Oakland Raiders?

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981053076

This guy seems like pre madonna

Guess that makes him Olivia Newton John or Debbie Harry then?

;)

Offline SROTBFM

• Hall Of Famer
  • Inaugural RNP Fantasy Champion - Just Win Baby!!
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »
Man, I've been away for 10 days, catching up and all I see is "former Raider......signs with......."

I'm all for clearing out guys you don't want, or can't afford, but have we signed anyone? ANYONE?

Clearly a huge change in approach going on here but we better be prepared - could be horrible next year.

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Raiders relatively quiet; Reggie McKenzie have something big planned?
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
Raiders relatively quiet; Reggie McKenzie have something big planned?
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/raiders_relatively_quiet_reggie_mckenzie_have_something_big_planned/10322929

We better hope so. 

KC has made some nice moves with Hillis & Boss.  SD just picked up Eddie Royal and added Meachem.  Denver is quiet but I am just waiting for the punch in the mouth signing of Peyton Manning :(

I realize we don't have the dough to sign the big names but let's hope that Reggie fills the gaps with solid players.  We need a LB like a mofo and the secondary is GAPING at this point.....
Nothing new in Raider land folks....... No money = No action and this is yet another season we see the Raiders waiting on the sideline watching all the talent fade to Black..... Yes every other team in the AFC West has improved their roster....Yes we dumped a ton of talent on the market.....Now....We wait for some hope... a sliver of a chance to get "one" good player for this team..... Next season is going to be one of our worst in the division......Can't see it any other way after the moves made by the rest of the division..... If Peyton Manning goes to Denver we are totally SCREWED!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:51:45 PM by Randy »

Offline Matty Raider

• Hall Of Famer
Re: Raiders relatively quiet; Reggie McKenzie have something big planned?
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 07:15:52 AM »
Raiders relatively quiet; Reggie McKenzie have something big planned?
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/raiders_relatively_quiet_reggie_mckenzie_have_something_big_planned/10322929

We better hope so. 

KC has made some nice moves with Hillis & Boss.  SD just picked up Eddie Royal and added Meachem.  Denver is quiet but I am just waiting for the punch in the mouth signing of Peyton Manning :(

I realize we don't have the dough to sign the big names but let's hope that Reggie fills the gaps with solid players.  We need a LB like a mofo and the secondary is GAPING at this point.....
- George Orwell

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Kevin Boss joining the Chiefs
Raiders will pay him $2 Million in guaranteed money for 2012

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/chiefs/story/2012-03-15/kevin-boss-signed/53555370/1

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline oklandraida84

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
The Raiders are talking to CB Ron Bartell formerly from the Rams, and CB Tracy Porter formerly from the Saints.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Texans free agent offensive guard Mike Brisiel is visiting Oakland
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 01:34:37 AM »
We have our first reported visit by the Oakland Raiders as they clear cap room to pursue free agents.

The Houston Chronicle reports Texans’ guard Mike Brisiel is visiting Oakland. It makes total sense. Former Houston offensive line coach Frank Pollack has taken over as the Raiders’ offensive line coach and former Houston quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp is Oakland’s offensive coordinator.

The Raiders will move back to a zone-blocking scheme, and Brisiel is skilled in that area. Brisiel has started 47 games in six NFL seasons. He’s been a part-time starter the past three seasons after starting all 16 games in 2008.

He would be a candidate to start in Oakland. The Raiders cut Cooper Carlisle in a salary-cap move Wednesday. He could potentially come back at a lesser price, but he will look at other options.

Another name to keep on eye an in Oakland is St. Louis cornerback Ronald Bartell. The Raiders badly need cornerbacks and he is on the team’s list.

Sources:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55303/report-raiders-hosting-texans-o-lineman

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2012/oakland-raiders-eye-mike-brisiel-to-replace-cooper-carlisle/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:38:48 AM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
With financial house in order, Raiders set to kick off free agency
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 03:50:20 AM »
With financial house in order, Raiders set to kick off free agency
http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_20159076/financial-house-order-raiders-set-kick-off-free

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Raiders free agents quandary (Steve Corkran)
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
Raiders free agents quandary
by Steve Corkran, InsideBayArea.com

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/02/16/raiders-free-agents-quandary/

raidersully

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »

No thanks. This guy seems like pre madonna. Had one good season.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Unprecedented 644 free agents this offseason
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »
• The contracts of more than 600 players are set to expire before free agency starts March 13, with most of them being unrestricted free agents...

• the uncertainty of an uncapped 2010, created many short-term or back-loaded contracts...

• "This is unprecedented in the NFL," Casserly says. "You've got more free agents than ever in the history of the NFL and a cap that is projected to be the same. So you have less money per free agent than ever before."

Here is a partial list of prominent potential free agents by position:

QB -- Drew Brees, Jason Campbell, Matt Flynn, Rex Grossman, Chad Henne, Brian Hoyer (RFA), Josh Johnson, Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Alex Smith,Vince Young
    RB -- Cedric Benson, LeGarrette Blount (RFA), Ronnie Brown, Michael Bush, Matt Forte, Arian Foster (RFA), Ryan Grant, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Tim Hightower, Peyton Hillis, Steven Jackson (has voidable deal), Marshawn Lynch, FB Le'Ron McClain, Ray Rice, FB Michael Robinson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Cadillac Williams
    WR -- Dwayne Bowe, Deion Branch, Plaxico Burress, Marques Colston, Pierre Garcon, Ted Ginn, DeSean Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Robert Meachem, Laurent Robinson, Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson, Steve Smith (Eagles), Mike Wallace (RFA), Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Roy Williams
    TE -- Jake Ballard (RFA), Martellus Bennett, John Carlson, Fred Davis, Jermichael Finley, Bo Scaife, Jeremy Shockey, Jacob Tamme
    OL -- Jeff Backus, Demetrius Bell, Jacob Bell, Matt Birk, Mike Brisiel, Vernon Carey, Dan Connolly, Brian De La Puente (RFA), Jared Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Andre Gurode, Nick Hardwick, Dan Koppen, Doug Legursky, Deuce Lutui, Todd McClure, Kareem McKenzie, Chris Myers, Carl Nicks, Samson Satele, Jeff Saturday, Jake Scott, Max Starks, Scott Wells, Jeremy Zuttah
    DE -- John Abraham, Cliff Avril, Dave Ball, Raheem Brock, Red Bryant, Calais Campbell, Adam Carriker, Andre Carter, Jonathan Fanene, Israel Idonije, Jason Jones, Robert Mathis, Jeremy Mincey, Cory Redding, Dave Tollefson
    DT -- Brodrick Bunkley, Antonio Dixon (RFA), Aubrayo Franklin, Antonio Garay, Sione Pouha, Shaun Rogers, Paul Soliai
    LB -- Marcus Benard (RFA), Chase Blackburn, Ahmad Brooks, London Fletcher, David Hawthorne, Geno Hayes, E.J. Henderson, LeRoy Hill, D'Qwell Jackson, Bradie James, Jarret Johnson, Manny Lawson, DeAndre Levy (RFA), Curtis Lofton, Jameel McClain, Kirk Morrison, Matt Roth, Barrett Ruud, Ernie Sims, Anthony Spencer, Stephen Tulloch, Erik Walden, Mario Williams
    CB -- Brandon Carr, Cortland Finnegan, Brent Grimes, Richard Marshall, Rashean Mathis, Tracy Porter, Carlos Rogers, Aaron Ross, Terrell Thomas, Lardarius Webb (RFA)
    S -- Jordan Babineaux, Tyvon Branch, Brian Dawkins, Thomas DeCoud, Abram Elam, Dashon Goldson, Deon Grant, Michael Griffin, Chris Hope, James Ihedigbo, Sean Jones, LaRon Landry, Jim Leonhard, Brandon Meriweather, Reggie Nelson, Bob Sanders
    K/P -- Connor Barth, Britton Colquitt, Phil Dawson, Jay Feely, Nick Folk, John Kasay, Donnie Jones, Mat McBriar, Mike Nugent, Matt Prater, Neil Rackers, Josh Scobee, Steve Weatherford

Complete articles:

Unprecedented 600 players potentially free agents
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-02-08/unprecedented-free-agency/53018280/1

Prominent Free Agents by Position
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/nfl-free-agent-market-could-offer-more-than-600-players/1
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:03:50 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast

Offline raider kyle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:40:24 PM »

I would doubt it just because I heard they are going to slap the franchise tag on Michael Bush.

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Peyton Hillis to Oakland Raiders? - 2012 NFL Free Agency Rumors
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
NFL FREE AGENCY
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 04:02:42 AM »
The 2012 NFL Free Agency period  begins March 13th at 1pm Pacific
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:21:54 AM by Randy »