Author Topic: Get well...  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Yeah I made it through surgery, I'm back online......kind of...
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:41:28 PM »
Thanks for the comments on my surgery Greg, but just because you see me back online already.....don't get the wrong idea. Can't do much on computer with one finger typing using left hand. Sure can't do anything wit the right one. Check out the photo. Might be able to post a few things on the forum, but no podcasts for a while for sure. The news articles I just posted from Coach Allen at the Combine today were too good not to post. Check out the audio interview with him for sure.

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Re: Get well...
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »
Well, Greg had his hernia surgery last week and came through it ok....and now it's my turn today. Elbow surgery for me though. It's my right arm, and I'm right handed, so it might take me a little time before I can spend much time on the computer. Probably a couple of weeks before the next podcast. Wish me luck! I'm sitting in the waiting room in the surgery clinic, getting a little nervous waiting for them to call my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes were fallin apart..... Its not an easy job on the body...... Good Luck Randy! I pray for your fast and painless recovery "BRO"

Update: Well Randy went through it like a champ.... He is hurting but Lisa is at his side so he is in good hands..... Get well Randy as this is when all the news on the Raiders will bust out.......LOL........Take your Time Bro......Get well soon.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:27:44 PM by Randy »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Get well Randy......from myself
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »
Well, Greg had his hernia surgery last week and came through it ok....and now it's my turn today. Elbow surgery for me though. It's my right arm, and I'm right handed, so it might take me a little time before I can spend much time on the computer. Probably a couple of weeks before the next podcast. Wish me luck! I'm sitting in the waiting room in the surgery clinic, getting a little nervous waiting for them to call my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:26:45 PM by Randy »

Offline Tokai Raider

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 04:06:16 AM »
I'm starting a new thread because I think it was appropriate. We have an R.I.P. thread, but didn't have a "get well" thread....so now we do.

Raider Greg just had surgery today, to repair the three hernias (3 HERNIAS ?!!!) he sustained at a fire last month. Boy Greg, you must have been doing some serious work at that fire! Or you're just getting old and falling apart like me.  ;D

Anyway, hope you're resting comfortably and are well medicated. The Boneline messages on Herrera will be waiting for you when you're ready.   ;)

Oh wait a minute.....it's my turn next week. I go in for elbow surgery next Friday! OUCH! :o

3 hernias? I had hernia surgery 4 days before the home opener 2 seasons ago. Ignoring my doctor's concerns, I was determined not to miss the game. So I avoided the pre-game beers, used a cane, slowly made my way thru the crowds, and enjoyed watching the silencing of the lambs. And I discovered that banging a metal cane against an empty seat makes a lot of noise--it was the closest I could come to yelling my head off. One hernia surgery was not enough to stop me from attending a Raider game, but 3?

Now Greg's not all hopped up on purple drank, is he? Calling it "medicine" and saying it's OK because he has a prescription? Personally the meds made me feel worse than the surgery did. Ugh.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:21:19 PM by Randy »

Offline NJ Raider Kev

• Hall Of Famer
  • GO RAIDERS!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
get well RIGHT AWAY Greg!:O)
THANKS STEVE...... JUST GOT HOME TODAY AND FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE GUT BY A MULE....... THANKS FOR THE WELL WISHES BRO.....

Glad to hear that you're home! At least it didn't feel like you were kicked by a Bronc-a-hoe, it wouldn't hurt but it would be humiliating.

Get well soon!

Go Raiders!
Proud Fan Since '72

Offline Raider Greg

• Your Host
    • Raider Nation Podcast
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:13:16 PM »
THANKS STEVE...... JUST GOT HOME TODAY AND FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE GUT BY A MULE....... THANKS FOR THE WELL WISHES BRO.....

Offline houston raider

• Hall Of Famer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »

Offline Randy

• Administrator
    • Raider Nation Podcast
Get well...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:38 PM »
I'm starting a new thread because I think it was appropriate. We have an R.I.P. thread, but didn't have a "get well" thread....so now we do.

Raider Greg just had surgery today, to repair the three hernias (3 HERNIAS ?!!!) he sustained at a fire last month. Boy Greg, you must have been doing some serious work at that fire! Or you're just getting old and falling apart like me.  ;D

Anyway, hope you're resting comfortably and are well medicated. The Boneline messages on Herrera will be waiting for you when you're ready.   ;)

Oh wait a minute.....it's my turn next week. I go in for elbow surgery next Friday! OUCH! :o
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:15:07 PM by Randy »